Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,204 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray (24150 Views)

Six Lessons We Have Learnt By Reuben Abati / Abati Explains Why The president Didn't Say Amen To anti Corruption Prayer / Abati Explains why The President didn't Say Amen To anti-Corruption prayer (2) (3) (4)

Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Nobody: 8:35pm On May 28, 2012
BizBooks:

This particular story is like an April Fool's joke in May. The writer's clearly
stated that it is a joke. So why is NL giving the impression that it is a true
story thereby making a mockery of her readers in the process.

Joke or no joke,Nigerians will like to know why their president refused to say amen to an anti-corruption prayer ? Is he not a true christain ?
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by otodeluxe(m): 8:35pm On May 28, 2012
what the heck? I don't know why this Abati man always speak all the time for GEJ. I think he is covering up something and using "quotas of amen & amis" as an excuse What do you guys think sad
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by foxemmy: 8:35pm On May 28, 2012
I don't believe abati can actually say that what is the meaning of government officials has an allocated amen they have to say in a day God help nigeria
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by BizBooks(m): 8:37pm On May 28, 2012
More headlines from the source of this story:

1. Lagos state introduces Ugly Building tax
2. "No, you may not have your votes back," INEC tells GEJ supporters
3. Nigeria to have more pastors than congregation in 20 years, CAN warns
4. High cost of Kerosene halts Nigerian revolution
5. It is not bleaching, I just take too much Fanta, says Oyo State Governor
6. Lawmakers pass law making it illegal to diss the first lady
7. William Hill to sue Pastor TB Joshua over FA Cup losses
8. Government gets ready to blame Ngozi Okonjo Iweala for everything
9. Lagos to be spared 236 days of rain if one honest politician can be found
10. Government warns T.B. Joshua not to make any negative prophesies concerning GEJ

Folks, it is called satire. We have one such site here in the US. It is called
The Onion.

Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Nobody: 8:41pm On May 28, 2012
BizBooks: More headlines from the source of this story:

1. Lagos state introduces Ugly Building tax
2. "No, you may not have your votes back," INEC tells GEJ supporters
3. Nigeria to have more pastors than congregation in 20 years, CAN warns
4. High cost of Kerosene halts Nigerian revolution
5. It is not bleaching, I just take too much Fanta, says Oyo State Governor
6. Lawmakers pass law making it illegal to diss the first lady
7. William Hill to sue Pastor TB Joshua over FA Cup losses
8. Government gets ready to blame Ngozi Okonjo Iweala for everything
9. Lagos to be spared 236 days of rain if one honest politician can be found
10. Government warns T.B. Joshua not to make any negative prophesies concerning GEJ

The Onion.

and why are you trying hard to tell people it's a satire ? Are you beaf in disguise ? Meanwhile you havent tell me why jonathan didnt say amen to the anti-corruption prayer coming at a time he just shared #1 billion with his thiefing ministers !
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Piyke: 8:42pm On May 28, 2012
This is the dumbest excuse I've heard in a long long while angry
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by antywmy: 8:42pm On May 28, 2012
Na 2day weda u say amen or not so shaLl it be ijmn. God does not need ur amen 2 work, when d mumu went 2 reedeem camp 2 become president dem pray 4 am tire, thunder fire u fire interpreter abati after jona rule just dey follow ur guy go bayelsa oh ewu!
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Mpetempe(m): 8:43pm On May 28, 2012
Is This Really Funny...
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by COOLDK(m): 8:43pm On May 28, 2012
Simply comically comic. ROTFLMAO.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by BizBooks(m): 8:47pm On May 28, 2012
~Bluetooth:

and why are you trying hard to tell people it's a satire ? Are you beaf in disguise ? Meanwhile you havent tell me why jonathan didnt say amen to the anti-corruption prayer coming at a time he just shared #1 billion with his thiefing ministers !

If he failed to say "Amen", we have the right to find out why. But don't post a story
that is proven to be false and pretend that it is true. Maybe you now know the story is
false but thousands of NLers read it and believed it to be true.

The moral of this story is: Don't believe anything you read on the internet unless it
is from a reputable source.

Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by LSA: 8:49pm On May 28, 2012
Please move this thread to the joke section. Thank you

Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Mpetempe(m): 8:50pm On May 28, 2012
Wow! They Couldn't Construct A Reasonable Excuse To Cover The Presidential Messssssssss...
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Ohislee(m): 8:51pm On May 28, 2012
Very very funny.... See laff wan rape me....
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by otokx(m): 8:53pm On May 28, 2012
Did Reuben Abati really say that?
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Nobody: 8:55pm On May 28, 2012
BizBooks: If he failed to say "Amen", we have the right to find out why. But don't post a story
that is proven to be false and pretend that it is true. Maybe you now know the story is

The moral of this story is: Don't believe anything you read on the internet unless it

Thank you for that. I believed what I saw on the front page.

My "believe one stupid story" quota has been satisfied for the day lwkmd.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Nobody: 8:56pm On May 28, 2012
BizBooks:

If he failed to say "Amen", we have the right to find out why. But don't post a story

It's taking forever,when will jonathan come and give his reason ? I wonder if his reason will be sensible than what we have here already !
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by manny4life(m): 8:56pm On May 28, 2012
I love NL, always something funny.

BTW, let me see how the presidential spokesperson will spin this one. If you went to church but couldn't say amen, hmmm shocked shocked shocked
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Nobody: 9:01pm On May 28, 2012
A very funny joke which I refuse to believe. Even BEAF will be disappointed if true.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by BizBooks(m): 9:04pm On May 28, 2012
To the Moderators and Owners of NL,

You have the right to publish satire or other false stories ridiculing public officials.
But when you do, you must make clear that they are jokes otherwise you may lose credibility
or even worse expose yourselves to legal jeopardy. Don't mind what anybody might say here
in defense of such practices.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Nobody: 9:05pm On May 28, 2012
manny4life: I love NL, always something funny.

BTW, let me see how the presidential spokesperson will spin this one. If you went to church but couldn't say amen, hmmm shocked shocked shocked

Maybe Abati didnt brief Akinola on the kind of prayers jonathan needed !
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by otosa(m): 9:07pm On May 28, 2012
Thus, we should stop pray for Nigeria then, if, our President can not say amen for the prayer that will makes the Nation move forward.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Nobody: 9:08pm On May 28, 2012
BizBooks: More headlines from the source of this story:

The Onion.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Azedplus(m): 9:08pm On May 28, 2012
Truely this report may not be,but we still need the reason why τ̣̣ђё president didn't say AMEN in τ̣̣ђё first place .. A̶̲̥̅♏ quite sure Reuben Abati will definitely come up with one comical excuse as presumed
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Jabioro: 9:09pm On May 28, 2012
I no fit laugh o o! Somebody wud burst me out wt this comical tales...sory l don't like 2 xhaust my laughing quota.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Nobody: 9:11pm On May 28, 2012
otosa: Thus, we should stop pray for Nigeria then, if, our President can not say amen for the prayer that will makes the Nation move forward.

Pray against boko haram but not against corruption since prayers dont stop people from stealing . grin
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Maleeq(m): 9:11pm On May 28, 2012
ogugua88:

Thank you for that. I believed what I saw on the front page.

My "believe one stupid story" quota has been satisfied for the day lwkmd
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by digor: 9:17pm On May 28, 2012
how can that be true? And either he refuses to say amen or not the prayer has already been answered long ago so is of no use if he says amen or not
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by olyivy(f): 9:21pm On May 28, 2012
[size=13pt]Now we can all see how 'clueful' that nairalanders who call their President clueless are.

Two pages and they still havent got the joke.

See what GEJ has caused! tongue [/size]
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by goldfish80(m): 9:23pm On May 28, 2012
This Reuben Abbati is not even a good spin doctor angry angry
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by jmaine: 9:28pm On May 28, 2012
olyivy: [size=16pt]Now we can all see how the 'clueful' nairalanders, who call their President clueless truly are.

Three pages and they still havent got the joke.

See what GEJ hating has caused! tongue [/size]

[size=14pt]To the all knowing nairalanders cheesy[/size]
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by begwong: 9:28pm On May 28, 2012
otokx: Did Reuben Abati really say that?

Nope! Its a joke!

Pastor Okezie Atani Has Been Released / Nyesom Wike's Thank You Tour To Ogoni People. Live On AIT. Pictures / DSS Raids Pencom Office In Abuja As Anohu-amazu Goes Into Hiding