Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,008 members, 7,814,440 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge (18350 Views)

Crash: OOU Students Block Sagamu-ore Highway, Curse Driver / Pix's: MAU Babes (formerly UNILAG Babes) Protest Change Of Institution's Name / Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge by tonididdy(m): 12:40pm On May 30, 2012
lol see jonah oh

Re: UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge by blackpanda: 12:40pm On May 30, 2012
Today its change of name, tomorrow he may decide to change it to a polytechnic. We are not in military regime, gej shld have consulted wit all stakeholders, including the students b4 embarking on this. Once again he has put the cart b4 the horse. I wonder who his advicers are!
Re: UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge by topeorekoy(m): 12:43pm On May 30, 2012
is it true that MAULAG (UNILAG) has been closed down for 2 weeks?
Re: UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge by Eziachi: 12:47pm On May 30, 2012
weazley: shocked, this students dull sha o!, what are they now protestin for?? angry
They are protesting because a great injustice had been done to them by a clueless leader and his advisers who woke up yesterday and renamed the name of their future/present IMPORTANT part of lives which many had aspired to get into their CV (UNILAG).

How would you feel if you wake up tomorrow and hear that UN security council had change Nigerian's name into something else without telling you or asking for your opinion, just because they could?

Who will be happy to learn that someone else even your own father had decided to drop your own name dating many years and had given it to someone else?
Would they had drop Murtala Mohammed name from the airport in Lagos and renamed it after Abiola? Just because "Lagos" is not a person doesn't mean that you can drag a well known city of the world which one of its prides is that University that bears its name, throw it away and renamed after somebody.

The moronic thinking of Nigeria rulers and their ruled judging by their comments here had shown why things don't work in that country. It shown why they disgrace and care less the name/image of their country left , right and centre because they don't know the true meaning/value attached to a name.

Most companies of the world will go to the highest court in the world if you play or tamper with their well branded name, even God almighty doesn't joke with his brand name (Jehovah/Jah).
UNILAG is a well known brand name that can worth billions if its for sale as a private company. The whole image of that university lies strictly on that name UNILAG, take it away, it just become like any of the over hyped secondary schools all over Nigerian called state universities. Its no longer in the league of Nsukka, Nairobi, Kampalla, Cairo and Acrra universities-which are know educational institution of higher learning brands of from Africa.
This not about Abiola, if they love him too much, let them name him after their seat of power-Aso Rock, let see how many of them will agree to that. Universities had become a cheap and easy game for them to toy with.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge by Otamio: 12:48pm On May 30, 2012
They forgot that they are only tenants there for a period of 4years or more after which they are out. Fools.
Re: UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge by publisher(m): 12:49pm On May 30, 2012
[size=14pt]LOL, Using 'Lagos state' owned BRT to block 3rd mainland bridge in protest of FG's renaming of Unilag?? I hope Fashola will also loan out his BRT buses to the over 700 Doctors he decided to lay off,if they also decide to take to the streets. Cos as far as i'm concerned,those sacked Doctors are more useful to Nigeria than the 'olodo unilag 4live' freaks i saw on the bridge this morning. IF UNA NO LIKE AM.....CHANGE SCHOOL !!! Nonsense. [/size]

1 Like

Re: UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge by victorazy(m): 12:49pm On May 30, 2012
MAN-U hehehe
Re: UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge by Eziachi: 12:52pm On May 30, 2012
A.Gideon:
Furthermore, it is not the name of an institution that makes it popular rather the quality of education it gives.
Tell that to those with Oxford, Cambridge, Harvard degrees that its the same with those of Obasanjo's Bell University degree.
Re: UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge by bknight: 12:52pm On May 30, 2012
For me, hange of name is not d problem. But d matter GEJ shocked everybody on new year'd day, now democracy day, u should all get ready for october 1st -another shocker to mark it.

He simply played his politics on those clamoring for june 12 to become democracy day and a national holidaay. He just tossed them dis bone to shut them up ahead of upcoming june 12.

How come d VC claims not to have been aware of the change. GEJ is indeed clueless, but its a litmus paper for those campaigning for june 12 as democracy day if they'd take d bait

1 Like

Re: UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge by blackweaver(m): 12:52pm On May 30, 2012
Otamio: They forgot that they are only tenants there for a period of 4years or more after which they are out. Fools.

Actually they carry that name (that they graduated from that institution) as long as they live; if you'll prefer your own institution to be given such a name say so, stop criticising those who don't want another name foisted on them
Re: UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge by Eziachi: 12:57pm On May 30, 2012
Otamio: They forgot that they are only tenants there for a period of 4years or more after which they are out. Fools.

Nigerians never stopped to amazed me with their level of reasoning, especially the so called IPOD generation, no wonder they produce the sort of rulers that dance on their heads. The school you went to from you primary-University forms the greatest part of your life, even sometimes plays a great role who you becomes, not just the period you spent their permanent as a student.
When I met important people all over the world, they don't ask me who my father or mother was, the first thing they ask is where you graduated from.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge by Nobody: 12:58pm On May 30, 2012
flash_it:

His post was sarcastic! Get the laugh out of it and move on. Typical nairalander with an uptight attitude! Shiooooooo!

Thanks my Sis
Re: UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge by silibaba: 12:58pm On May 30, 2012
Viewing this topic: Evil Sirit, mobuch(m), mopol.1, eleven(m), scribble, Anika Shiloh, PETERANDRE(m), Don Diara(m), tonididdy, lungtruth, Johnyjaunty, Rakiai, Gidoki, Ishilove(f), oluwamykel(m), Babamide(m), mr_natural(m), kwenu, Haben1, Rich Dad, Coolturbo(m), boyo boyo, yogun(f), kokomuolo, dohyn(m), ballabriggs, onandon, bknight, Temi1, topeorekoy(m), cheksbry, olushaggy(m), Tony Spike, Otamio, Malabeni, nerodenero(m), onye_okwu, stepone(m), ipasco, Fran asoan, prosper606(m), DAY11.(m), Joshua hussain(m), kenniology(m), zintow(f) and 85 guest(s)

ona too view post, ona eyes no dey pain ona angry angry angry
Re: UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge by OilSubsidy: 12:59pm On May 30, 2012
I HATE THAT NEW NAME!!! DAMN!!!

What planet are these our rulers from sef? Na wao. Imagine the amount of money that will now be used to change all the school documents and templates! Money that can be used in other areas of developement of Nigeria!
Re: UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge by Jasiel(f): 1:09pm On May 30, 2012
First and foremost, we're not daft...GEJ decided to look for trouble for himself when there was none. Are there no other serious issues for him to focus on For your information, those u see  the bridge are those who have been locked out of campus... The school gates (front and back) have been locked . Students inside are stranded and those locked out proceeded to third mainland bridge
Re: UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge by Donmeca(m): 1:12pm On May 30, 2012
Mumu unserious students shud know that schl belongs to d FG and not their parents. If they can't condescend as low as accepting MKO's name on their cents, they shud drop out and enroll in AUN Yola. Atleast that one has a gud name....and gud money too.
Re: UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge by emmasege: 1:15pm On May 30, 2012
Is anything wrong in changing UNILAG's name when her age-mates (OAU and ABU) who are even more classy have since been re-named after deserved national heroes. if the reason for this protest by the students is because MKO did not deserve such a high level of honour, i give them my absolute support. As at today, no Nigerian dead or alive deserves to be named after UNILAG. The cases of Obafemi Awolowo and Ahmadu Bello are different. These were tested and selfless leaders whose legacies are indelible. what legacy did mko leave for nigeria or the s/west other than fraternizing with khaki boys and religious extremism by sinking a ship-load of the Bibles. i still stand by obj's statement that mko wasn't our saviour
Re: UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge by ibrobell(m): 1:15pm On May 30, 2012
Don't worry guys U.I soon to become Lamidi Adedibu University (LAU) lool. But seriously if it had been MAU all this while, will changing it to Unilag increase or decrease its prestige?
Re: UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge by Donmeca(m): 1:17pm On May 30, 2012
Jasiel: First and foremost, we're not daft...GEJ decided to look for trouble for himself when there was none. Are there no other serious issues for him to focus on For your information, those u see  the bridge are those who have been locked out of campus... The school gates (front and back) have been locked . Students inside are stranded and those locked out proceeded to third mainland bridge

And 3rd mainland is place for stranded people? Does it look like people's residence? Meanwhile, u r protecting on NL...better than 3MB. Again, u guys are truly daft! People will now reasons to make a pass and tell their parents they lost focus cos unilag changed to maulag.
Re: UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge by MuniruA(m): 1:21pm On May 30, 2012
Blocking road just because they change d institution's name, what does that has to do with d efficiency or inefficiency of the varsity. Lag stds-fight on something that can be justifiable and nt on sili thgs like this.
Re: UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge by gulfer: 2:03pm On May 30, 2012
Eziachi:
Tell that to those with Oxford, Cambridge, Harvard degrees that its the same with those of Obasanjo's Bell University degree.
Abeg, Told him-ala Zebrudaya. If its not PANADOL, it cant be the same as PANADOL.
Re: UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge by Eziachi: 2:07pm On May 30, 2012
Donmeca: Mumu unserious students shud know that schl belongs to d FG and not their parents. If they can't condescend as low as accepting MKO's name on their cents, they shud drop out and enroll in AUN Yola. Atleast that one has a gud name....and gud money too.
So who or what is FG if not you, the students and Nigerians?
Now who is the mumu?
In lands where people reasons from their brain not their anus, a school like UNILAG is called a public institution, not govt institution, notice the difference?
It continued to show and further evidence why Nigerians deserve their crooked rulers!
Re: UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge by OK2NV4: 2:10pm On May 30, 2012
publisher: [size=14pt]LOL, Using 'Lagos state' owned BRT to block 3rd mainland bridge in protest of FG's renaming of Unilag?? I hope Fashola will also loan out his BRT buses to the over 700 Doctors he decided to lay off,if they also decide to take to the streets. Cos as far as i'm concerned,those sacked Doctors are more useful to Nigeria than the 'olodo unilag 4live' freaks i saw on the bridge this morning. IF UNA NO LIKE AM.....CHANGE SCHOOL !!! Nonsense. [/size]
mah friend i jus liked your comment.
these thug area boy generation won't know a good when they see one!
Re: UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge by Eziachi: 2:11pm On May 30, 2012
Muniru A: Blocking road just because they change d institution's name, what does that has to do with d efficiency or inefficiency of the varsity. Lag stds-fight on something that can be justifiable and nt on sili thgs like this.
Why not list your justifiable brainstorms. Am sure you will be dancing on the street tomorrow is you go home and find the name of your town probably dating a 1000 years had been change by Jonathan because HE THINKS that your town is owned by FG?
Re: UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge by Nobody: 2:22pm On May 30, 2012
Should have been MOSHOOD ABIOLA UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS or MKO UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS and not MOSHOOD ABIOLA UNIVERSITY, LAGOS.
Re: UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge by gemstone22(f): 2:33pm On May 30, 2012
Why are they stressing lagosians? Why them no carry their protest to Abuja go disturb Jonathan? Will the change of name change their chances of getting a job after graduation? Unserious students.
Re: UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge by OK2NV4: 2:34pm On May 30, 2012
Biyi1471: Should have been MOSHOOD ABIOLA UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS or MKO UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS and not MOSHOOD ABIOLA UNIVERSITY, LAGOS.
see illiteracy at work!
Moshood Abiola University of Lagos gives the impression that there are other Federal Universities outside Lagos that are so named.
By naming it MAU, Lagos, the location becomes secondary.
Re: UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge by nkemKalu: 2:36pm On May 30, 2012
I JUST HOPE THAT THOSE WHO VOTED FOR GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN AND NOT PDP ARE NOT AMONG THE PROTESTERS. ATLEAST, THERE LUCK IS SHINING NOW AND ALL OVER THE COUNTRY TOO.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge by Nobody: 2:38pm On May 30, 2012
OK=2=NV:

see illiteracy at work!
Moshood Abiola University of Lagos gives the impression that there are other Federal Universities outside Lagos that are so named.
By naming it MAU, Lagos, the location becomes secondary.
I know what I am talking about Mr. Know all..
Re: UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge by OK2NV4: 2:39pm On May 30, 2012
Biyi1471:
I know what I am talking about Mr. Know all..
Opinions are like a55holes everyone has one and each one stinks!
Re: UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge by Nobody: 2:41pm On May 30, 2012
OK=2=NV:

Opinions are like a55holes everyone has one and each one stinks!
Including yours...
Re: UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge by OK2NV4: 2:41pm On May 30, 2012
Biyi1471:
Including yours...
am not an a55 like yourself

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jambites: How Was Your JAMB-UTME Exam? / Buhari Describes Jonathan’s Achievement In Education Sector As Empty / Can Senior Community Health And Ext Worker (SCHEW) Switch To Bsc. Nursing Vie DE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.