Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,948 members, 7,814,214 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge (18348 Views)

Crash: OOU Students Block Sagamu-ore Highway, Curse Driver / Pix's: MAU Babes (formerly UNILAG Babes) Protest Change Of Institution's Name / Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge by Nobody: 2:45pm On May 30, 2012
OK=2=NV:

am not an a55 like yourself
Don't fight it..just accept it.. wink
Re: UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge by halavoke: 5:14pm On May 30, 2012
Madt dull students, na name of sch dem wan grad abi na korekt GPA. Brand name ko, blue band name ni. Fake pple who lv more dan d quality of education. Check webometric ratings of universities, u aint anywia near d top. Grad wit a 1st class n be a high flyer even if ur univ is called Nama univ.
Re: UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge by fyneguy: 7:07pm On May 30, 2012
Breaking News~! grin

Re: UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge by coded777: 7:07pm On May 30, 2012
Loling
Re: UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge by NOIBMUUL(m): 7:44pm On May 30, 2012
People have even disrespected GEJ self. Any small thing they protest!
Re: UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge by MumaBee: 8:13pm On May 30, 2012
Unilag or Maulag, I tink we should b e careful with d protest, Our Leader re not doing anytins to us in good faith, jus no most of dem are member of one occult group or the other, when its time for them to bring sacrifices to der gods that's when dey bring up silly things for pple to protest and use der blood for sacrifice, don't b d scape goat. Beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge by MumaBee: 8:15pm On May 30, 2012
Unilag or Maulag, I tink we should be careful with d protest, Our Leader re not doing anytins to us in good faith, jus no most of dem are member of one occult group or the other, when its time for them to bring sacrifices to der gods that's when dey bring up silly things for pple to protest and use der blood for sacrifice, don't b d scape goat. Beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge by tete7000(m): 8:29pm On May 30, 2012
nchewi:

If due process was followed, this situation wouldn't have occurred! Life is business! Individuals, countries n even institutions r brands!! We shouldn't mix business with sentiments. One of d few things that people use as their source of pedigree is their alumni!!! There is a lot about brand names that most people don't get. I remember when Virgin Nigeria airways was about 2 give up it's name for The Nigerian Eagle.... Even in d banking sector, some of us preferred d brand name n identity of some of d collapsed banks than that of their new owners! Imagine them changing Cross River State to Asamgidi state or maybe Lagos to Agbaya-Ewa state!!!! How would u like that?

Life is about pedigree....... Brand name, brand concept, brand identity!!! U only change that if u r looking out 4 a fresh start! Which am sure Unilag isn't!!!
Re: UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge by tete7000(m): 8:30pm On May 30, 2012
nchewi:

If due process was followed, this situation wouldn't have occurred! Life is business! Individuals, countries n even institutions r brands!! We shouldn't mix business with sentiments. One of d few things that people use as their source of pedigree is their alumni!!! There is a lot about brand names that most people don't get. I remember when Virgin Nigeria airways was about 2 give up it's name for The Nigerian Eagle.... Even in d banking sector, some of us preferred d brand name n identity of some of d collapsed banks than that of their new owners! Imagine them changing Cross River State to Asamgidi state or maybe Lagos to Agbaya-Ewa state!!!! How would u like that?

Life is about pedigree....... Brand name, brand concept, brand identity!!! U only change that if u r looking out 4 a fresh start! Which am sure Unilag isn't!!!
. TRASH!!!
Re: UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge by Dondbuzor: 9:18pm On May 30, 2012
nchewi:

Abeg pack well for all these ur brand lecturing. Wetin sef. Na u get d school. No be fg get d school. Naw de don change d name of their schl u re busy protesting in 3rd mainland bridge. I pity u if u dnt know how to swin
Re: UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge by Mogten(m): 9:33pm On May 30, 2012
U call GEJ dumb...yet resist a name change
simply cos u dnt want ur skul losing its
''swag''. U must be a CRETIN indeed!
Re: UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge by shuddyy: 9:55pm On May 30, 2012
al-ahamad:
@breezybone
Nd all others who think the name is nothing but a name....
If you attend a school with a great brand, you'll know the psycological effects of the boast in moral u get from such great names......
I pride ma self as an ABUsite alumni, why take the joy of being an akokite into being a Maluite/moshoodite or whatever....
Dull move by a dull president who attended a dull school nd was voted in by dullards.......shikenan

@ah-ahamad So what brand are u talking about? U attended ABU named after Ahmadu Bello and here is Unilag turned Moshood Abiola Uni MAU so what's the difference?
Again the school will still remain on its present location Akoka,so they are still Akokite,so where did u get MAUlite. Were you called ABUlite when you
Were in ABU? You must be dull!
Those protesting students are just chidish and stupid. On this one GEJ is wiser than most of you.
Re: UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge by BEAUTYBOX9JA: 10:44pm On May 30, 2012
angryThis maulag students are sick in the head.uni of ife was changed to obafemi awolowo,till date its still unofficially referred to as ife...n so many others,no story!So what's the big deal.
Instead of thinking about their grades,they are protesting(when they can't protest for change in the country).What is swag without something in the head.
MKO is synonymous to democracy.They should be proud,or didn't they take history or social studies?
They should stop making something out of nothing.
I only blame GEJ for not consulting with the appropriate bodies before changing it.Nuff said!
Re: UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge by ronkygal: 11:33pm On May 30, 2012
greatest maluaites grin grin grin grin
Re: UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge by musajohn80: 11:33pm On May 30, 2012
These students should go and read their books and forget about this issue of changing the name of the school from UNILAG. Who cares about the name of any school in Nigeria. What matters is whether you are good academically or not.Gone are the days people get jobs with school name. Now you only get job if you are academically sound or connected. All graduates from Nigeria are rated the same outside the country, you just have to prove you are good.I know alot of guys who stayed unduly at home in other to enter schools with big names.They ended up wasting some years because after graduation if you are not connected you have to prove you are good to get a job.Anyway, students will always be students.In my time we also rioted for some reasons and when i flash back I just smile cos some of those reasons we rioted were really not worth the trouble.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge by Tattooboy: 7:57am On May 31, 2012
9jvirgin: MALU students on rampage,they are beginning to show themselves. by their names you shall know them grin
why u dey beef dem?
Re: UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge by gboyesco: 8:54am On May 31, 2012
Hmm na God wl settle al dis thingr oh
Re: UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge by wandeay: 10:00am On May 31, 2012
Korrection:

You dont support them by staying at home..why not join them or send one of your own to represent you.....Chimpanzee

u dey craze, hw dare u call me a chimpazee, am i directing my words 2 u, u r a goat
Re: UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge by davestead(m): 11:46am On May 31, 2012
Yet we wonder why the foreigners call us monkeys. This particular act is one of them. Typical Nigerian monkeys protesting over a name change, something that has nothing to do with their academic lives. Imagine them(foreigners) watching this rubbish on CNN, they will just exclaim, 'Oh dear! We are right, this people are really good primates' Mtchewwww! Let them face their studies joor, nonsense.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge by easrael(f): 12:14pm On May 31, 2012
icez: What is wrong with these kids? angry
what do you mean do mean we should accept been named after an an uneducated fellow and under achiever in education and a man of no national significance?
Re: UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge by Nobody: 12:29pm On May 31, 2012
Jonathan is not a president,he's the otherwise.
Re: UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge by iykak47: 10:55am On Jun 01, 2012
na wao

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hauwa Umar Usman Graduates With 1st Class In Aeronautical Engineering From UK / Do You have any Regrets Studying Engineering? / Jambites: How Was Your JAMB-UTME Exam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.