Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,585 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? (17450 Views)

Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend / Nigerian Boyfriend, Is He A Romance Scammer? / I Love My Nigerian Boyfriend! But Our Barriers Are Yoruba Culture! I'm American. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by Nobody: 8:28am On Jun 05, 2012
My younger brother whom i give money told me that he is broke. I asked him what he usually does with all the money he receives from myself, my siblings and even my parents. The stupid boy told me that he gives his girlfriend N20,000 every month as allowance. A boy who is just 22years and still a student is giving a girl allowance angry I almost slapped the lad.
Is this what Nigeria has turned to? Is it now the responsibility of boys to take over the responsibilities of their babes even if they are students?
I'm just curious as i have since left the dating scene. In my time a girl would be so ashamed to even collect cash from you, she would only accept inexpensive gifts.

15 Likes

Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by Mynd44: 8:34am On Jun 05, 2012
Your brother has been made a maga. How nice

10 Likes

Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by Nobody: 9:13am On Jun 05, 2012
What a MUGU

d role of bf's z 2 make dem women,ie, Donate more spermatozoa 2 dem

9 Likes

Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by delkuf(m): 9:18am On Jun 05, 2012
Maga, Mugu. thats wht he is.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by Rocktation(f): 9:58am On Jun 05, 2012
You should give that slap to your brother. But what you shouldn't do, is expect women not to accept gifts from their 'boyfriends'. You men of these days, confuse me a lot. If a woman isn't dating a man and accepts gifts from him, you'd have castigating to do. If she is, you'll still have anyway. How exactly can we win with you?
Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by Killz1(m): 10:58am On Jun 05, 2012
A boyfriend is neither a father nor an uncle nor a husband. He is just a dude who is in a relationship with a girl he likes and vice versa and also a girl he is contemplating getting serious with. He is not under any obligations whatsoever to foot the bills of a girl he is neither a father nor a husband nor an uncle to. Truth be told, the level of foolishness perpetuated by boyfriends of our generation cannot be compartmentalized. Majority of boys and girls in a relationship do not know tha meaning of a relationship or what being in a relationship entails. People who depend on others for survival, yet deem it an obligation to foot the bills of a random girl are what? They are fools of no comparison. They have been thoroughly misguided to believe that giving a girl an allowance signifies love for her. You can't be in a relationship without spending money on gifts and on dates and eat outs but paying your girlfriend a monthly salary? That is a serious case of maga mugu of the mumu enterprises. . . A slap won't solve anything, neither will a reduction of his allowance stop anything either. What he needs is a serious talking to by a much older lady who would open his baby eyes to the realities of being in a relationship.

22 Likes

Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by Nobody: 11:20am On Jun 05, 2012
Killz.:
A boyfriend is neither a father nor an uncle nor a husband. He is just a dude who is in a relationship with a girl he likes and vice versa and also a girl he is contemplating getting serious with. He is not under any obligations whatsoever to foot the bills of a girl he is neither a father nor a husband nor an uncle to. Truth be told, the level of foolishness perpetuated by boyfriends of our generation cannot be compartmentalized. Majority of boys and girls in a relationship do not know tha meaning of a relationship or what being in a relationship entails. People who depend on others for survival, yet deem it an obligation to foot the bills of a random girl are what? They are fools of no comparison. They have been thoroughly misguided to believe that giving a girl an allowance signifies love for her. You can't be in a relationship without spending money on gifts and on dates and eat outs but paying your girlfriend a monthly salary? That is a serious case of maga mugu of the mumu enterprises. . . A slap won't solve anything, neither will a reduction of his allowance stop anything either. What he needs is a serious talking to by a much older lady who would open his baby eyes to the realities of being in a relationship.
Amen sir. Our brothers need to be slapped upside the head. Girlfriendship is now paid employment. What a shame.
Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by Nobody: 11:40am On Jun 05, 2012
Rocktation: You should give that slap to your brother. But what you shouldn't do, is expect women not to accept gifts from their 'boyfriends'. You men of these days, confuse me a lot. If a woman isn't dating a man and accepts gifts from him, you'd have castigating to do. If she is, you'll still have anyway. How exactly can we win with you?

Aqva: In my time a girl would be so ashamed to even collect cash from you, she would only accept inexpensive gifts.

Read properly!!! Nobody is against gifts.
Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by Rocktation(f): 12:02pm On Jun 05, 2012
Okay, so you mean cash cannot be gifts. Okay oo.
All I'm saying is, if anyone can show me the inventor of love, then we can know who the perfect person is to show us how to express it. That slap should be given not because he chose to constantly give money to his girlfriend, but because giving her is detrimental to his own being and sources as well. Period.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by ijebabe: 12:20pm On Jun 05, 2012
It is not his responsibility and only a fool will say it is! Monthly allowance? You should have slapped him sef! It is people like him that are encouraging these stupid girls into thinking they can always get a man to do things for them rather than work hard for themselves. Nothing wrong with giving your girlfriend gifts when you want or money for serious situations and the like but not as an obligation. Any uni girl that demands that from her boyfriend who is obviously still dependent is simply a waste of time and space!

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by Totoplayer20: 12:33pm On Jun 05, 2012
Aqva: My younger brother whom i give money told me that he is broke. I asked him what he usually does with all the money he receives from myself, my siblings and even my parents. The stupid boy told me that he gives his girlfriend N20,000 every month as allowance. A boy who is just 22years and still a student is giving a girl allowance angry I almost slapped the lad.
Is this what Nigeria has turned to? Is it now the responsibility of boys to take over the responsibilities of their babes even if they are students?
I'm just curious as i have since left the dating scene. In my time a girl would be so ashamed to even collect cash from you, she would only accept inexpensive gifts.

Tell your brother that I need my allowance
Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jun 05, 2012
Collecting gifts from an admirer is surely different from milking him on a so called monthly allowance.
Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by Totoplayer20: 1:55pm On Jun 05, 2012
To provider for his ashawo

1 Like

Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by Dyt(f): 2:06pm On Jun 05, 2012
my bf gives me 10k every week and is still not enuf

1 Like

Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by omega25red(m): 2:06pm On Jun 05, 2012
beyond the boy tricking his money away on them chicken heads he might just be irresponsible with money.
Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jun 05, 2012
N20,000 na for na k nacking...lol i.e N660 day ...for seeing, touching, feeling, ingering, smoothing and all other intimate complexities in personhood.
Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by lifestyle1(m): 2:09pm On Jun 05, 2012
Dyt: my bf gives me 10k every week and is still not enuf

shocked
Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by lifestyle1(m): 2:10pm On Jun 05, 2012
Killz.:

Dude I have problem with your font. angry

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by lifestyle1(m): 2:11pm On Jun 05, 2012
National minimum wage is 18,000 undecided

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by slimming: 2:11pm On Jun 05, 2012
Let work for it, he will learn the best way to use it.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by princeonx: 2:13pm On Jun 05, 2012
Is he also your boss?
Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by Dyt(f): 2:15pm On Jun 05, 2012
prince_onx:
Is he also your boss?

do u v probs understandin wat a bf is?

life_style:

shocked

y shocked?
Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by lifestyle1(m): 2:17pm On Jun 05, 2012
Dyt:

y shocked?

cos minimum wage is 18,000k grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jun 05, 2012
it just brings into question his upbringing and what he learnt from his elder ones. because your post screams it loud that he was never thought financial responsibility. so when he graduates and if he gets a good job he will be giving girls 100k a month? to feel like a big boi? hahhahahahhahahah..at this rate, baby boi is gonna go bankrupt in life if he don't change.. he is a trick to them girls plain as that!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

what a duch!!!!
Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by tunnytox(m): 2:19pm On Jun 05, 2012

Seriously? Is that your weekly maintenance fees or what?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by Dyt(f): 2:22pm On Jun 05, 2012
tunnytox:

Seriously? Is that your weekly maintenance fees or what?

dats jst 4 my pocket, he still recharges my fone

SERIOUSLY WATS WRONG WITH U MEN?
SPEND WEN U V
WE BOTH GIVE EACHOTHER
HE'S BROKE, I GIVE
SO WATS D BIG DEAL

1 Like

Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jun 05, 2012
Sometimes these little lads pays wilfully cos they feel insecure and wants to edge out competition from some other guys,at the end of the day the chic welfare is catered for by her parents,relatives and other MUGUs the initial Mugu is unaware of.I can't agree less that girlfriendship is already a career in this 9ja ooo
Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by Austinio: 2:23pm On Jun 05, 2012
Hw much do ur parent gvs u. 10k 4 wk is nt ok 4 u than prepare 2 use urself 4 ritual money.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by 80kobo(m): 2:24pm On Jun 05, 2012
Aqva: My younger brother whom i give money told me that he is broke. I asked him what he usually does with all the money he receives from myself, my siblings and even my parents. The stupid boy told me that he gives his girlfriend N20,000 every month as allowance. A boy who is just 22years and still a student is giving a girl allowance angry I almost slapped the lad.
U cn still bring him for slapping o

1 Like

Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by PalmTree(m): 2:25pm On Jun 05, 2012
prince_onx:
Is he also your boss?

Brilliant! cheesy
Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by Dyt(f): 2:25pm On Jun 05, 2012
Austinio: Hw much do ur parent gvs u. 10k 4 wk is nt ok 4 u than prepare 2 use urself 4 ritual money.

I WORK
I EARN MONI 2 SIR
HIM GIVIN ME MONI WEEKLY IS NOTTIN

I KNOW U SO ANGRY DAT U HAD 2 BRING MY PARENT IN2 DIS
I PARDON U

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jun 05, 2012
Sometimes these little lads pays wilfully cos they feel insecure and wants to edge out competition from some other guys,at the end of the day the chic welfare is catered for by her parents,relatives and other MUGUs the initial Mugu is unaware of.I can't agree less that girlfriendship is already a career in this 9ja ooo tongue:p:p:p

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

This Babe For Church / Top 8 Reasons Why A Person Faints During Sex and what to do it if it happens / Why Some Men Always Prefer Helping Women Instead Of Their Fellow Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.