Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? (17464 Views)

Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend / Nigerian Boyfriend, Is He A Romance Scammer? / I Love My Nigerian Boyfriend! But Our Barriers Are Yoruba Culture! I'm American. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by purplekayc(m): 6:01pm On Jun 05, 2012
Rocktation: You should give that slap to your brother. But what you shouldn't do, is expect women not to accept gifts from their 'boyfriends'. You men of these days, confuse me a lot. If a woman isn't dating a man and accepts gifts from him, you'd have castigating to do. If she is, you'll still have anyway. How exactly can we win with you?
I beg, who go answer this babe?
Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by khanivorous(f): 6:02pm On Jun 05, 2012
Dyt: my bf gives me 10k every week and is still not enuf

You are just UNEMPLOYED..

Oshi gbuo gi ebe ahu
Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by israelbenzion: 6:10pm On Jun 05, 2012
sexyverah: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin your bro na mugu 100%

Jealousy! U wish it were u. Find ur own payee.
Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by Meddler(f): 6:10pm On Jun 05, 2012
Ur bro is making it rain oooo. Can he be my bf ahahahahahahaha. Joking abeg hehehehe
But seriously ur brother is quite stupid and the girl lacks conscience. Its not like he has a PT job that he does.
Abegi if you won't slap him, I don't mind dng it for you. He deserves to be slapped some sense into him.
Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by tunnytox(m): 6:12pm On Jun 05, 2012
freecocoa: I'm sure it'll be fun but just know any week you fail to pay,biz don end be that o,bank details will be sent by my manager(idowuogbo).cheesy
No worries Idowuogbo na my pali pali cheesy im never tell you say I be im Alaba? cheesy
Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by AkSamara: 6:12pm On Jun 05, 2012
100% truth. Some of you pay more than that.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by niyitogun(m): 6:16pm On Jun 05, 2012
@ dyt enjy urself gal, atleast ur not forcing him to give u, ignore em haters...gues ur bf's working and can afford it. Also note dat he cld stop anytime so dnt be too reliant on it.

@poster ur bro has simply asked for a slash in his allowances (gues u've all been giving him more than enuf) cos he's spending like he has d money and he's working for it, I think slashing is allowance into half, dat shld be enuf wake-up call, plus no more tip from here and there...and pls key in oda members of d family members so they can all help him to be prudent with his spending.
Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by ijebabe: 6:25pm On Jun 05, 2012
SMH! Like the romance section is not bad enough, we now have newbies and people who hardly come to this section now insulting and raising hell like its their father-in-law's house! Abeg make una pack urselves comot make pesin rest! undecided grin
Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by Phrankin(m): 6:27pm On Jun 05, 2012
agnesefe: @op
Your brother, still, has got some growing to do. Probably, after being disused, shoved and passed around, he will soon come to understand that with humans-male or female, paid fealty is unsustainable, advertises insecurities and, masks relational inadequacies. You can make that maturation faster-make him earn his pay and put his stupidity on trial.
Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jun 05, 2012
Seriously what is wrong with Nigerian youth? He is giving his gf more than the salary he will be making as soon as he gets out of school just so he can look like a "big boy". Nigerians are way too obsessed with "looking-like" something big.

See, this is why I strongly feel Nigerians should START working early so they know the value of a Naira. A nigerian man can reach 25 years and still be comfortably living in his parents house having never worked a day in his life yet getting constant "allowance"...so how exactly will he understand what it takes to hustle and get that paper? If even the young men are this clueless about money, then just how clueless will the young women be? Hence all the aristo-runs going on there now, where a morally sabotaged young girl does the math and realizes she would rather earn 2 months of "office-work" pay just in one night on the bed of Alhaji.
Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by brazzimola: 6:34pm On Jun 05, 2012

Any lady that has a decent job with an average pay would not take monthly allowance from her boyfriend/fiancee. If your boyfriend is so capable as to give u 10k weekly, why then does he become broke?

This obviously means he is paying you from his nose and that he is not financially bouyant.

I tell you, while your boyfriend is busy giving you 10k every week, his mates which you call immature are busy diverting their funds to activities that would provide them with frequent returns.

10k weekly = 40k monthly = 480k annually.

Now consider this, 480k invested in a business at 15% annual return and compound interest after 5years would yield a total sum of N965,451. Thats almost 1 million naira. If you and your bf date for 5years, he would have wasted the opportunity of becoming 1 million Naira richer.

Obviously you are an enemy of progress and a cancarworm that would prevent any young man from achieving financial success and independence. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by emeka50: 6:35pm On Jun 05, 2012
grin̶̲̥̅̊ I wonder the kind of food or sex U̶̲̥̅̊ do give him that makes him give U̶̲̥̅̊ 10k per week.......L̃̾Õ☺Õ̾Ô=Dcheesy=))winkÕÔ☺ÔÕ̾L..............well that's if he is still a student, or a worker without a responsibility......Ŋ☺ vex oh.....NL watch her bit my ass......L̃̾Õ☺Õ̾Ô=Dcheesy=))winkÕÔ☺ÔÕ̾L
Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by Swagahyk(m): 6:38pm On Jun 05, 2012
He pays her monthly allowance...she payz tithe to other guys aswell 'him neva c nyansh b4...anu ofia'
Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by jaymyk(m): 6:41pm On Jun 05, 2012
Am disappointed that u didnt even slap him. He`s already showin signs of irresponsibility. Givin a girl 20k as allowance @ just 22? When he doesnt even have a job yet. Dont u know she`ll jump @ d next available MAGA wen he stops giving her money?
Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by tunnytox(m): 6:44pm On Jun 05, 2012
brazzimola:

Any lady that has a decent job with an average pay would not take monthly allowance for her boyfriend/fiancee. If your boyfriend is so capable as to give to 10k weekly, why then does he become broke? THis obviously means he is paying you from his nose and that financially bouyant.

I tell you, while your boyfriend is busy giving you 10k every week, his mates which you call immature are busy diverting their funds to activities that would provide them with frequent returns.

Now consider this, 480k invested in a business at 15% annual return and compound interest after 5years would yield a total sum of N965,451. Thats almost 1 million naira. If you and your bf date for 5years, he would have wasted the opportunity of becoming 1 million Naira richer.

Obviously you are an enemy of progress and a cancarworm that would prevent any young man from achieving financial success and independence. You should be ashamed of yourself.

100% on point!
A reasonable man would at least sit down with his girlfriend and encourage her use this money to establish a business that will enable her to be independent. I believe in women's empowerment rather than spoiling them. All the same to each his own!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by Sike(m): 7:26pm On Jun 05, 2012
Harbioollah: What a MUGU

d role of bf's z 2 make dem women,ie, Donate more spermatozoa 2 dem
Bless U jor!
Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by IlCapitano(m): 7:34pm On Jun 05, 2012
total load...that young man needs to be slapped around the head twice. He's a student and not a cash cow
Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by PalmTree(m): 7:38pm On Jun 05, 2012
Dyt:

wen u get 2 his level of maturity, u ll v no reason 2 complain
winks

If thats what you call MATURITY, then I wanna remain immature cheesycheesy
Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by mrperfect(m): 7:49pm On Jun 05, 2012
This is really a unique case.
Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by freecocoa(f): 7:55pm On Jun 05, 2012
@ All of you attacking\insulting Dyt.

Is 10k too huge an amount to be given to someone on weekly basis?she said the dude works for loves sakes,he probably doesn't have too much responsibilities on his hands and sees no biggie in taking care of his woman.

I know parents with huge responsibilities who give their kids 10 to 20 k weekly,i also know dudes who train their babes in the university and even takes care of all other expenses,why is her bf giving her 40k in a month a problem?

I tire for some kind talk sha angry.
Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by cindyrella(f): 7:56pm On Jun 05, 2012
At the age of 22 he gives his babe 20k allowance I think he needs hot slap and deliverance...

1 Like

Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by Yorisb: 8:05pm On Jun 05, 2012
Ak. Samara:
100% truth. Some of you pay more than that.

LWKMD4H. U dey mind them?

See as dem just take style overlook ur post. . .when we all know say some of them dey even pay house rent join sef grin
Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jun 05, 2012
freecocoa: @ All of you attacking\insulting Dyt.

Is 10k too huge an amount to be given to someone on weekly basis?she said the dude works for loves sakes,he probably doesn't have too much responsibilities on his hands and sees no biggie in taking care of his woman.

I know parents with huge responsibilities who give their kids 10 to 20 k weekly,i also know dudes who train their babes in the university and even takes care of all other expenses,why is her bf giving her 40k in a month a problem?

I tire for some kind talk sha angry.

Approximately $300 a month on the girlfriend...na tithe?

Approximately $300 a month on the girlfriend (who works herself)...in a year, approximately $3600.
In 2 years, approximately $7200.

Essentially, if saved, this could be used as the down-payment for when he decides to buy a house undecided
She would have to be really, REALLY good ...to the point of near fanaticism.
Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by freecocoa(f): 8:09pm On Jun 05, 2012
2buff:

Approximately $300 a month on the girlfriend...na tithe?
I wouldn't know about it being tithe,but whatever you choose to call it isn't my problem,y'all make it sound like its something that can never be done,I just want to know the big deal,some people give way more than that.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by Idowuogbo(f): 8:14pm On Jun 05, 2012
brazzimola:

Any lady that has a decent job with an average pay would not take monthly allowance for her boyfriend/fiancee. If your boyfriend is so capable as to give to 10k weekly, why then does he become broke? THis obviously means he is paying you from his nose and that financially bouyant.

Accountant! Chill ur gums jare! D guy get d money it large gan! So quit dis all dis accate u doin jare!

Dyt, just 10k in naira and all dis ragga muffin excrembres wan pour u petrol!

Oh gal! Ur dude dey under perform sef, 10k dey ok considering d fact u dey work sha. If u no work, I for troway para give am! 10k nowadays na for gala and meatpie lunch na!

Omo levels don change now! It's ten over ten.....

@tunnytox
10k no reach cocoa o! If want wifey d gal pata pata! Let's settle for 10000 Kuwait Dina monthly! Shikena! Deal or no deal?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by ayobase(m): 8:19pm On Jun 05, 2012
^ Hmmmmm!
Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 05, 2012
Shebi when people create thread to say certain thing about nigerian women, you NL girls would be the ones to complain and insult the OP.
See how you are now putting price-tag on-top yourselves of your own volition.

Is it a wonder why some brothas avoid y'all like the plague?
Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by tunnytox(m): 8:23pm On Jun 05, 2012
@idowuogbo
No be 10k i offered na, I offered 25k weekly (that's £100), as for this Kuwaiti currency I go check Internet first before I gree o but if na say 10000 Japanese Yen per week I'll close my eyes and accept that quickly.
So let's make it 10000 Japanese yen per week deal? ( Ma jiyan la fawo da, awo nii gbe awo ni gb'owo)
Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by Idowuogbo(f): 8:26pm On Jun 05, 2012
2buff: Shebi when people create thread to say certain thing about nigerian women, you NL girls would be the ones to complain and insult the OP.
See how you are now putting price-tag on-top yourselves of your own volition.

Is it a wonder why some brothas avoid y'all like the plague?
Chukuma! Obviously we stunting, see as u carry matter for head like say u dey follow members of parliament discuss.

Drink solorinda joor! All na testing mic
Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by Idowuogbo(f): 8:29pm On Jun 05, 2012
tunnytox: @idowuogbo
No be 10k i offered na, I offered 25k weekly (that's £100), as for this Kuwaiti currency I go check Internet first before I gree o but if na say 10000 Japanese Yen per week I'll close my eyes and accept that quickly.
So let's make it 10000 Japanese yen per week deal? ( Ma jiyan la fawo da, awo nii gbe awo ni gb'owo)
Yen ke? Dat can't even buy her third hand bra na! oh boi,ole fi kobo ra eru agba nowadays u no!
Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by tunnytox(m): 8:42pm On Jun 05, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Yen ke? Dat can't even buy her third hand bra na! oh boi,ole fi kobo ra eru agba nowadays u no!
Lwkmd grin grin third hand bra with that loads of money? Na almighty Japanese Yen we're talking about no be CFA? Se mi o ti lo yan eko ni ibi ti agbon ti ga bayi? Idowuogbo o dee wo se funmi nau? grin kiss ma sanjo fun e o
Re: What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jun 05, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Chukuma! Obviously we stunting, see as u carry matter for head like say u dey follow members of parliament discuss.

Drink solorinda joor! All na testing mic

Go siddon for corner! angry which kain yeye stunting? tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? / Why Some Men Always Prefer Helping Women Instead Of Their Fellow Men / The 7 Things That Makes Every Woman Happy!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.