Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,955 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

How Would You Cope With A Snoring Partner? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Would You Cope With A Snoring Partner? (11611 Views)

Can You Condone A Snoring Partner? / Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope / How Do You Cope With A Snoring Partner/family And Friends.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Would You Cope With A Snoring Partner? by dubem3(m): 7:37am On Jun 07, 2012
Elmos:

This is a BIG issue in my life, I snore, and it is very embarrassing, I have done everything humanly possible, but it wouldn't go. The guy I love to marry left me because she could not cope, I reside in the US, everyday on TV they advertise several devices they claimed could solved my snoring problem, each time I buy one, I will need to invite someone to come and sleep in the same room with me and on each occasion, their report were not I wished for. One day I was in a public bus in London and mistakenly, I slept off, by the time I woke up, every seat next to me front and back are empty while there were empty seat all over people were standing, I understand their reasons, I slept on plane too, it was the same, and for the snoring problem, I don't sleep outside of my house or hotel not in anyone house. I am equally not married because no one want to stay with a snoring man. The one that did eventually left because we were living in different rooms, eventually she left. Please if anyone know the solution to it to say it out am tired.
albeit am taking ur story with a pinch of salt, its touching and i'll tell you the very little i know or think about snoring.
That sound is caused by a not so open air way.that is ur lower tongue touching or uncomfortably close to the back of ur air way. Now, while ur breathing, the air has a had time passing through this trap.Thats what produces that noise.the region is soft and moist hence the the rough and unpleasant sound. Unlike in a whistle where the gap is clearly cut, the walls are hard and its relatively dry,hence the shrill sound. Try putting water in sale and u'll see it will make the sound dull and undulating. Enough of the boring descriptions. The solution i will prefer is 'clear the airway' this can be done by tiling ur head slightly backwards and i dont think there's any drug that will do that for you. I equally dont know how you tend to maintain the clear the air way stance while ur asleep. But u can try its a gradual process and may work for you. Thats my 50 kobo
Re: How Would You Cope With A Snoring Partner? by Habibakasim(f): 7:38am On Jun 07, 2012
Lols ol dis commites ar very funny dnt even no wat 2 say. Sha seriously it wakes me up
Re: How Would You Cope With A Snoring Partner? by dubem3(m): 7:38am On Jun 07, 2012
Elmos:

This is a BIG issue in my life, I snore, and it is very embarrassing, I have done everything humanly possible, but it wouldn't go. The guy I love to marry left me because she could not cope, I reside in the US, everyday on TV they advertise several devices they claimed could solved my snoring problem, each time I buy one, I will need to invite someone to come and sleep in the same room with me and on each occasion, their report were not I wished for. One day I was in a public bus in London and mistakenly, I slept off, by the time I woke up, every seat next to me front and back are empty while there were empty seat all over people were standing, I understand their reasons, I slept on plane too, it was the same, and for the snoring problem, I don't sleep outside of my house or hotel not in anyone house. I am equally not married because no one want to stay with a snoring man. The one that did eventually left because we were living in different rooms, eventually she left. Please if anyone know the solution to it to say it out am tired.
Re: How Would You Cope With A Snoring Partner? by dubem3(m): 7:43am On Jun 07, 2012
binger: Snoring is a good technique 4 scaring lil spirits away especialy when u sound like a roaring lion...snore harder
you must be staying in a free to land zone hence all the broom and ground nut shell guys rending and the to scare them grin grin grin
Re: How Would You Cope With A Snoring Partner? by kaimeraone: 8:23am On Jun 07, 2012
Hi....came across this site with various anti snoring techniques and products.

http://www.britishsnoring.co.uk/shop.php

not all the solutions are 100% reliable.

cheers
Re: How Would You Cope With A Snoring Partner? by tonmandy(m): 8:29am On Jun 07, 2012
I snore but my wife doesnt complain
Re: How Would You Cope With A Snoring Partner? by Reference(m): 8:41am On Jun 07, 2012
dubem3:
albeit am taking ur story with a pinch of salt, its touching and i'll tell you the very little i know or think about snoring.
That sound is caused by a not so open air way.that is ur lower tongue touching or uncomfortably close to the back of ur air way. Now, while ur breathing, the air has a had time passing through this trap.Thats what produces that noise.the region is soft and moist hence the the rough and unpleasant sound. Unlike in a whistle where the gap is clearly cut, the walls are hard and its relatively dry,hence the shrill sound. Try putting water in sale and u'll see it will make the sound dull and undulating. Enough of the boring descriptions. The solution i will prefer is 'clear the airway' this can be done by tiling ur head slightly backwards and i dont think there's any drug that will do that for you. I equally dont know how you tend to maintain the clear the air way stance while ur asleep. But u can try its a gradual process and may work for you. Thats my 50 kobo

But don't you think it could be caused by an abnormal growth in that air passage. I think the guy should have an x-ray. I've heard some have been cured by surgery. That is the very bad cases. It may even reveal some underlying respiratory or cardiovascular ailments.
Re: How Would You Cope With A Snoring Partner? by tellwisdom: 8:47am On Jun 07, 2012
slimyem: if you ever see me beside you,it will be in your most warped dreams...and you'd sure wake up to reality!cheesycheesy

Listen carefully,this is the only favor i will do for you. Ok i will buy a big radio and increase the volume 100% while sleeping undecided undecided
Re: How Would You Cope With A Snoring Partner? by elari(m): 8:51am On Jun 07, 2012
zolzlolz: Dance
Azonto
Re: How Would You Cope With A Snoring Partner? by Rotty32: 9:58am On Jun 07, 2012
you can only snore when you are tired,drunk,cold or u are fat.
But you can adjust it if you sleep with your haed not facing up.
Meanwhile, we can help them to stop it if only we can bear it and assist them in reducing the fat.
Re: How Would You Cope With A Snoring Partner? by uzor02(m): 9:59am On Jun 07, 2012
grin N☺ wonder your cousin travels alot grin N☺ wonder your cousin travels alot
Re: How Would You Cope With A Snoring Partner? by dubem3(m): 10:06am On Jun 07, 2012
Reference:

But don't you think it could be caused by an abnormal growth in that air passage. I think the guy should have an x-ray. I've heard some have been cured by surgery. That is the very bad cases. It may even reveal some underlying respiratory or cardiovascular ailments.

oh!
Thats perfectly possible.
I over looked that possibility.
In that case, the person needs medical attention. But the long and short of it is that clearing the airway is the solution to snoring except of course if the person has a pump down in his system
Re: How Would You Cope With A Snoring Partner? by savanto: 10:13am On Jun 07, 2012
Well, well, well, like our C-in-C told us last year regarding the incessant bombings in naija, dat we must learn to live with it!

Love him or her more. Do whatever you can to help her situation.
Re: How Would You Cope With A Snoring Partner? by lifestyle1(m): 10:47am On Jun 07, 2012
dubem3:
...and ur sense of humor sir?
Where did it go?

I don't joke with human life. undecided
Re: How Would You Cope With A Snoring Partner? by tlops(m): 10:50am On Jun 07, 2012
Use ear plugs, if it doesn't work, sleep in separate rooms.
Re: How Would You Cope With A Snoring Partner? by Aigbehis(m): 11:00am On Jun 07, 2012
Some form of storing is Natural to some people, others are due to environmental factors such as way of sleeping, type of food over time and may be the gravity of strainous works done before sleeping.
Re: How Would You Cope With A Snoring Partner? by ayobase(m): 12:42pm On Jun 07, 2012
Elmos:

Go for medical check up just like sucezTP gave above!
U dont need to hate yourself for this!
Its a reflex action, and try jogging to burn down those dirts!
Re: How Would You Cope With A Snoring Partner? by ayobase(m): 12:43pm On Jun 07, 2012
ukpaku: U can tap d felow to change his/her sleeping positiong.posibly d felow should face down rada dan facin up.

Yeah, that helps wella!
Re: How Would You Cope With A Snoring Partner? by dubem3(m): 12:43pm On Jun 07, 2012
life_style:

I don't joke with human life. undecided
so if you told a joke or laughed at one somebody would suddenly die.
Re: How Would You Cope With A Snoring Partner? by ayobase(m): 12:44pm On Jun 07, 2012
slimyem: this is serious!
Although a lot of people cannot stand people who snore,i believe,there's someone somewhere who will tolerate you-snoring and all!

Can u?
Re: How Would You Cope With A Snoring Partner? by ayobase(m): 12:46pm On Jun 07, 2012
Emmyk: hahahahaahaahhahahahaahahah . Lawd have mercy.

Na real '' hahahahaahaahhahahahaahahah'' o.
The LAWD will surely show mercy!
Don laff tire here!
Because I snore like pig?
Re: How Would You Cope With A Snoring Partner? by ayobase(m): 1:22pm On Jun 07, 2012
balogunsam:

one lady finally said something constructive and worthy to be recognized...now,this is the kinda lady who'll make a good wife..thumbs up! let odas move into d boysquarters cuz their hubbies snore...smh...

Those gels were just playing around!
Re: How Would You Cope With A Snoring Partner? by ayobase(m): 1:22pm On Jun 07, 2012
binger: Snoring is a good technique 4 scaring lil spirits away especialy when u sound like a roaring lion...snore harder

LOL!
Re: How Would You Cope With A Snoring Partner? by ayobase(m): 1:23pm On Jun 07, 2012
hrhobi1:

UR NOTHING BUT A STARK ILLETERATE

U shld know when someone is catching fun!
Re: How Would You Cope With A Snoring Partner? by ayobase(m): 1:25pm On Jun 07, 2012
~Bluetooth:

The husband is not complaining,so why are you embarrassed ? Anyways,the husband may even see the snoring as a night blues.

Night blues indeed!
LOL!
Like twisted bt Keith Sweat!
Re: How Would You Cope With A Snoring Partner? by slimyem: 1:42pm On Jun 07, 2012
count sparrow: . Hahahahahahahahahahahaha... I hit her below the belt...
i have noticed you!
Next!
ayobase:

Can u?
if he's a good man in every way...and snoring is his major fault,i can!cheesycheesy
Re: How Would You Cope With A Snoring Partner? by solelymade: 3:40pm On Jun 07, 2012
Bro, na no go area 4me.
Re: How Would You Cope With A Snoring Partner? by babeface3: 10:26pm On Jun 07, 2012
Nobody ever admits snoring except this guy; typical of Nigerian; wait, @Elmos, are you gay? you said the guy you wanted to marry and later in the closing of your text you said no girl would want to stay with a snoring man; conflicting.

I did snore but it disappeared over time due to management and prayers. I had to quit smoking and drinking and try to have exercise and enough rest before bed and also eat moderately and on time. Snoring can be managed and one thing I have found here that the west do not know is prayers; it at times sound ridiculous, but what has not been made known to the high and mighty has been revealed to the young babes. Prayer works, even on unthinkable things
Re: How Would You Cope With A Snoring Partner? by dubem3(m): 7:09am On Jun 08, 2012
babeface3:

Nobody ever admits snoring except this guy; typical of Nigerian; wait, @Elmos, are you gay? you said the guy you wanted to marry and later in the closing of your text you said no girl would want to stay with a snoring man; conflicting.

I did snore but it disappeared over time due to management and prayers. I had to quit smoking and drinking and try to have exercise and enough rest before bed and also eat moderately and on time. Snoring can be managed and one thing I have found here that the west do not know is prayers; it at times sound ridiculous, but what has not been made known to the high and mighty has been revealed to the young babes. Prayer works, even on unthinkable things
hello!
If i do not snore, why will i say i sore?
Just so that i'ld appear to be saying the truth?
Dosen't really sense me.
Re: How Would You Cope With A Snoring Partner? by phranco(m): 7:31am On Jun 08, 2012
The best thing to do is just strangulate the person.cos he cant be enjoying his sleep and indirectly keeping me awake.
Re: How Would You Cope With A Snoring Partner? by ayobase(m): 7:36am On Jun 08, 2012
slimyem: i have noticed you!
Next!if he's a good man in every way...and snoring is his major fault,i can!cheesycheesy

Well said if it can be done!
Re: How Would You Cope With A Snoring Partner? by ayobase(m): 7:37am On Jun 08, 2012
babeface3:

U said it all!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See Why I Don't Make Friends With NL Girls (whatsapp Scrnshot) / Some Reasons Why Guys Should Stop Sending Nairaland Babes Pm. / I Have Never Been In A Position Of Abusing Trust - President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.