Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,378 members, 7,829,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

2 Hours Shut Down Of Airport For Patience Jonathan Caused The Crash - Breaking - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2 Hours Shut Down Of Airport For Patience Jonathan Caused The Crash - Breaking (7309 Views)

How The Crash That Killed James Ocholi And Family Was Just A Big Mess / What Really Caused The Nigerian Civil War Of 1967 - 1969? / Photo: Tinubu And Atiku Hug And Laugh: What Could Have Caused The Excitement? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2 Hours Shut Down Of Airport For Patience Jonathan Caused The Crash - Breaking by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jun 05, 2012
tpia@:

should the buck stop at jupiter?

the buck stops at 1914

unless its credit for projects conceived and implemented before gej, but completed in his tenure
Re: 2 Hours Shut Down Of Airport For Patience Jonathan Caused The Crash - Breaking by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jun 05, 2012
oyb:

the buck stops at 1914

unless its credit for projects conceived and implemented before gej, but completed in his tenure

Oh , even you believe this, wow !! grin

I have lost respect for you !!
Re: 2 Hours Shut Down Of Airport For Patience Jonathan Caused The Crash - Breaking by Beaf: 8:49pm On Jun 05, 2012
Oyb and other rumour spreading illiterates. Did you see this post:

Beaf: ^
Why don't you quote Ikebe Super, fool? Ridiculous! grin
[size=14pt]When the airspace is closed, no planes can take off in the hope of landing there. Simple as ABC.[/size]
Any other id!ots?

Oyb, what a cement brained donkey you are! Damn! grin
As a "hingeneer," (even if na oluwole degree sef) would you have sent a plane to an area where the airspace is closed? Do you think we are talking molues and keke napep here?

Dunce.
Re: 2 Hours Shut Down Of Airport For Patience Jonathan Caused The Crash - Breaking by otokx(m): 8:49pm On Jun 05, 2012
Topics like this should be closed by the moderators; a lot of bad people are trying to extend their badness to the president and his family with a view to getting them out of the way but it will only return to sender.
Re: 2 Hours Shut Down Of Airport For Patience Jonathan Caused The Crash - Breaking by Rad1cal: 8:51pm On Jun 05, 2012
Useless thread sad
Re: 2 Hours Shut Down Of Airport For Patience Jonathan Caused The Crash - Breaking by tpia5: 8:53pm On Jun 05, 2012
oyb:

the buck stops at 1914

maybe the buck should stop at the year somebody got the bright idea of selling their colleagues to the impressive visitors in the giant horses that sailed on the sea. Who gave out a lot of trinkets.
Re: 2 Hours Shut Down Of Airport For Patience Jonathan Caused The Crash - Breaking by Beaf: 8:54pm On Jun 05, 2012
Anyway, allow me to say:
All hail fools!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 2 Hours Shut Down Of Airport For Patience Jonathan Caused The Crash - Breaking by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jun 05, 2012
frosbel:

Oh , even you believe this, wow !! grin

slowpoke, can you not read - there is a history of VIP movement in this country, and your drunken hero has endangered the lives of nigerians in the past

Beaf: Oyb and other rumour spreading illiterates. Did you see this post:

Oyb, what a cement brained donkey you are! Damn! grin
As a "hingeneer," (even if na oluwole degree sef) would you have sent a plane to an area where the airspace is closed? Do you think we are talking molues and keke napep here?

Dunce.

are you really this stupid, or are you pretending to be illiterate in a desperate attempt to divert attention from the fact that your drunken monkey has a history of endangering the lives of nigerian citizens in the name of executive movement?

don't worry, you can stonewall and gif all you want , the truth will come out and we will know if it is dana or your dunce who is really culpable for the lives of nigerians
Re: 2 Hours Shut Down Of Airport For Patience Jonathan Caused The Crash - Breaking by Beaf: 8:55pm On Jun 05, 2012
^
Your red-eyed desperation is getting the better of you and making you hop out like a one legged toad each time id!ots are required.
What a fool! Imagine a so-called graduate actually thinking that planes can takeoff and land the same way okada's just go anywhere they like.
Oyb is officially NL's greatest fool!

[size=14pt]
Beaf: Anyway, allow me to say:
All hail fools!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
[/size]
Re: 2 Hours Shut Down Of Airport For Patience Jonathan Caused The Crash - Breaking by Rhino5dm: 8:55pm On Jun 05, 2012
Yeah, the pilot reported engine failure after waiting for how many hours airborne waiting for landing clearance? Ofcourse, going by the fact that plane was an old one, it is not unexpected to have engine failure after hovering for more than 1 hour without landing clearance.

frosbel:

Bluetooth sorry to interrupt, but surely you know this article is a non starter, for goodness sake the [b]pilot reported engine trouble and crashed [/b]while looking for a more sparsely populated place to land.

Common, you of all people grin grin
Re: 2 Hours Shut Down Of Airport For Patience Jonathan Caused The Crash - Breaking by jmaine: 8:57pm On Jun 05, 2012
See desperate lies grin
Re: 2 Hours Shut Down Of Airport For Patience Jonathan Caused The Crash - Breaking by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jun 05, 2012
oyb:

slowpoke, can you not read - there is a history of VIP movement in this country, and your drunken hero has endangered the lives of nigerians in the past

And

Don't tell me that a plane will be waiting to land for over 2 hours just because of some flight restriction caused by a VIP presence.

If you do then I am beginning to imagine your profile !!
Re: 2 Hours Shut Down Of Airport For Patience Jonathan Caused The Crash - Breaking by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jun 05, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Yeah, the pilot reported engine failure after waiting for how many hours airborne waiting for landing clearance? Ofcourse, going by the fact that plane was an old one, it is not unexpected to have engine failure after hovering for more than 1 hour without landing clearance.

But the fact remains that the pilot made desperate SOS calls, therefore the airport was aware of the emergency, there is no way they will delay the flight under such circumstances - Period.
Re: 2 Hours Shut Down Of Airport For Patience Jonathan Caused The Crash - Breaking by Beaf: 9:01pm On Jun 05, 2012
frosbel:

But the fact remains that the pilot made desperate SOS calls, therefore the airport was aware of the emergency, there is no way they will delay the flight under such circumstances - Period.

Don't mind the buffoons. The plane was given emergency clearance to land, but crashed before it could.
Re: 2 Hours Shut Down Of Airport For Patience Jonathan Caused The Crash - Breaking by Pataki: 9:03pm On Jun 05, 2012
Beaf:

Abeg, bro. I have one burst tyre, can you vulcanise it for me?
Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!! grin

I'm entertained by your stories for fools.
What is your IQ, bro?

I'm sure you haven't been able to catch any rats recently to feed the household, thats why fever is almost causing you madness.
No be small tin o! grin grin grin
Reno Omokri. . . . keep on feasting on the blood of Nigerians. You savage beast! Unfortunately, Nigerians are not yet ready to redeem themselves from the Olumba Olumba ogogoro son of a fisherman that is the president of Nigeria right now. Otherwise, a mad soul as you would have longed been sentenced to the gallows where you belong!

Apoda eniyan jatijati.
Re: 2 Hours Shut Down Of Airport For Patience Jonathan Caused The Crash - Breaking by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jun 05, 2012
frosbel, i understand beaf - he is a govt lap dog but please stop pretending to be illiterate because you feel a need to support gej

Power show Jonathan locks Oshiomhole out of Benin By Our Reporter Sunday, February 27 , 2011 In an apparent display of presidential powers, Dr Goodluck Jonathan, yesterday locked out the Edo State Governor, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, some of his aides as well as other commercial passengers from Benin City, where ironically Oshiomhole is chief executive. The President’s security apparatus, The Sun learnt, simply shut down the Benin airspace over what it called ‘VIP’ movement. President Jonathan was said to be returning from neighbouring Delta State where he had gone for campaigns for the forthcoming April polls. So, for over 45 minutes, after it got to Benin, the Air Nigeria plane, which left the domestic wing of the Murtala Mohammed Airport at 8.30 am, hovered in the skies, unable to land. Running dangerously low on fuel, the pilot had to return to Lagos, amid hisses and curses by enraged passengers, many of whom had different engagements to catch up with in Benin, Warri, and neighbouring cities. Oshiomhole, himself, was returning from Lagos where he had gone to attend The Sun Man of the Year Award as a special guest and was billed to address a campaign rally in Owan local government area of the state. Oshiomhole, it was gathered, had left his hotel suite at Victoria Island as early as 7.30 am in order to beat the traffic and meet the early morning flight. He did not reckon he would be trapped in the air due to the now notorious ‘VIP’ movement. He and the other stranded passengers eventually took the rescheduled flight at noon. Even though Oshiomhole refused to speak on the incident, other embarrassed and enraged passengers, who spoke to The Sun condemned the tyrannical practice of shutting down the airspace in the guise of VIP movement. John, a chattered accountant, who was on the flight said: “This kind of uncivilised behaviour must stop. We are not in the jungle. How can you shut down the airspace because the president, vice-president, senate president

your hero has continued the practice of vip movement - if that had been a dana flight who knows what might have happened?
Re: 2 Hours Shut Down Of Airport For Patience Jonathan Caused The Crash - Breaking by CyberG: 9:06pm On Jun 05, 2012
[quote author=Beaf]The airspace cannot be closed when a plane sends a distress call; enough of these lies. Please, you guys respect the dead.
The Dana flight was given express clearance to land immediately its pilot radioed the control tower in distress. Unfortunately, it disappeared from radar screens (crashed) a minute later.

Was the First Lady even due to use the airport? People, please use your God given intelligence.[/quote

Well, it is your foolishness against the truth. Why not wait for fuller information before you start running scared? I see: you are scared the cat is out of the bag!! grin grin grin If it is established that retardeen umbellerera shut down the air space, it is impeachment straight for this useless daftluck and jail time for his crappy wife! cool cool
Re: 2 Hours Shut Down Of Airport For Patience Jonathan Caused The Crash - Breaking by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jun 05, 2012
The official reaction...

Dana plane crash: Presidency denies links to First Lady
Abuja (WorldStage Newsonline)-- The office of the first lady has refuted the story making the rounds about the possible cause of the Sunday air crash involving Dana air in which 153 passengers lost their lives.

VIP movement involving the wife of the President, Dame Patience Jonathan was adduced for last Sunday air crash.

The plane according to the rumour being peddled crashed because the airspace was closed for the First Lady’s movement in Lagos.

But the presidency said the first lady's movement had nothing to do with the crash, saying that the First Lady arrived Lagos at about 2pm on Saturday, 2nd June, 2012 for a private engagement and was billed to leave for Abuja on Monday, 4th June, 2012.

According to a statement signed by Mr. Ayo Osinlu, Special Assistant to the President, Office of the First Lady linking Mrs Jonathan to the incident was therefore callous, inhuman and devilish.

"Our attention has been drawn to the orchestrated plan to politicize the Sunday Dana Air crash in Lagos in which many people lost their lives, through rumours about the possible cause of the accident citing VIP movement involving the wife of the President.

"We consider it callous, inhuman and devilish for anyone to have thought of wrapping such national calamity in political garb by insinuating that the plane crashed because the airspace was closed for the First Lady’s movement in Lagos.

"For the avoidance of doubt, the First Lady arrived Lagos at about 2pm on Saturday, 2nd June, 2012 for a private engagement and was billed to leave for Abuja on Monday, 4th June, 2012.In compliance with her itinerary, the First Lady arrived Lagos on Saturday.

She was at a public event on Sunday when the accident occurred and promptly abandoned the ceremony as a mark of respect for the victims and retired to the State House, Marina. She left Lagos at exactly 13.15hrs on Monday, 4th June, 2012, according to schedule.

"It is therefore surprising that some mischievous persons will see this moment of National mourning as an opportunity to blackmail and impugn the First Lady’s integrity.

"This is the time for all Nigerians to be sober and pray for the repose of the souls of the victims and not a time to subordinate the interests of our nation to narrow self-serving interests.

"Let us all put the interest of the Nation first in whatever we do.

Mrs. Jonathan had no intention to travel on Sunday and never did. Like all Nigerians, she has been mourning the dead," the statement reads.
Source
Re: 2 Hours Shut Down Of Airport For Patience Jonathan Caused The Crash - Breaking by Rhino5dm: 9:08pm On Jun 05, 2012
Pilot made desperate SOS after spending how many hours waiting for clearance hovering the skies of lagos? What was the departure time and the expected arrival time to lagos? Stop trying to twist what is visible and simple. Tell us the flight duration from abuja to lagos.

frosbel:

Re: 2 Hours Shut Down Of Airport For Patience Jonathan Caused The Crash - Breaking by Pataki: 9:10pm On Jun 05, 2012
Beaf:

Don't mind the buffoons. The plane was given emergency clearance to land, but crashed before it could.

Emergency clearance you say? Now answer these questions. . . . nitwit!

Do you know how many miles or kilometers away the plane was from the airport before it crashed?

Do you know what time the plane left Abuja for Lagos?

Do you know what time the plane crashed? How many minutes does it take to fly from Abuja-Lagos?

Why would a plane be granted emergency clearance, if the airspace was not previously shut down to other domestic and probably international flights? Can you see how you are shooting out your grandiose idiocy?!

You are truly a useless cyber-vagabond!
Re: 2 Hours Shut Down Of Airport For Patience Jonathan Caused The Crash - Breaking by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jun 05, 2012
eGuerrilla: The official reaction...

Dana plane crash: Presidency denies links to First Lady

Source

this quick reaction na real wa . . . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

hopefully it is true that the black box is in uk
Re: 2 Hours Shut Down Of Airport For Patience Jonathan Caused The Crash - Breaking by Fr0sbel: 9:13pm On Jun 05, 2012
I won't mention names but I have lost respect for certain people on Nairaland cool
Re: 2 Hours Shut Down Of Airport For Patience Jonathan Caused The Crash - Breaking by Pataki: 9:19pm On Jun 05, 2012
Knowing the repeated and constant reliance to lies by this hopeless government, I utterly refuse to believe the first lady left for Abuja on Monday rather the Sunday as being reported in their refute.

There is more to this plane crash than meets the eye. Even the mere crocodile tears shed by retardeen will not hide the truth that will be exposed by the international investigations that will be conducted over this disaster.

Americans and Chinese had some of their citizens involved in this crash. The real truth will soon be revealed!
Re: 2 Hours Shut Down Of Airport For Patience Jonathan Caused The Crash - Breaking by Rhino5dm: 9:26pm On Jun 05, 2012
Forget that cooked up second grade thrash. It is a well known fact that the first lady is good at travelling without the knowledge of the president. Just a little while, her personal security had to point a gun to one immigration staff ordering him to stamp her pass, simple because he demanded for clearance from the presidency(to allow her check out of the country), which ofcourse was the usual protocol. Her dubai jamboree is fresh.

oyb:

this quick reaction na real wa . . . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

hopefully it is true that the black box is in uk

Re: 2 Hours Shut Down Of Airport For Patience Jonathan Caused The Crash - Breaking by aletheia(m): 9:27pm On Jun 05, 2012
Very silly thread which highlights the politicization of this tragedy by evil-minded ghouls.

Pataki:
Why would a plane be granted emergency clearance, if the airspace was not previously shut down to other domestic and probably international flights?
Asking this exposes you as a full grade i[b]di[/b]ot. Why don't you acquaint yourself with procedures for planes in distress? F[i]oo[/i]l!
Re: 2 Hours Shut Down Of Airport For Patience Jonathan Caused The Crash - Breaking by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jun 05, 2012
Vagabonds In Power !
Re: 2 Hours Shut Down Of Airport For Patience Jonathan Caused The Crash - Breaking by Maleeq(m): 9:31pm On Jun 05, 2012
frosbel:

And

Don't tell me that a plane will be waiting to land for over 2 hours just because of some flight restriction caused by a VIP presence.

If you do then I am beginning to imagine your profile !!
Its possible bro.
In 2007, I was aboard Chanchangi airline to Kaduna, we hovered in the air for over an hour because Atiku and his campaign train were there. People panicked. Some suggested the pilot turned to Abuja and land. It's just crazy.

Again this February past, destination Abuja, we hovered in the air aboard an Arik aircraft for about 20minutes because a "VIP" dey for area. Imagine!!!
Re: 2 Hours Shut Down Of Airport For Patience Jonathan Caused The Crash - Breaking by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jun 05, 2012
aletheia: Very silly thread which highlights the politicization of this tragedy by evil-minded ghouls.

Asking this exposes you as a full grade i[b]di[/b]ot. Why don't you acquaint yourself with procedures for planes in distress? F[i]oo[/i]l!

Our nl resident doctor,hope you've got your job back ?
Re: 2 Hours Shut Down Of Airport For Patience Jonathan Caused The Crash - Breaking by BlackBaron: 9:33pm On Jun 05, 2012
According to what I read..."A Dana Air McDonnell Douglas MD-83, registration 5N-RAM, performing flight 9J-992 from Abuja to Lagos with 153 people on board, was on approach to Lagos when the crew reported engine problems. On final approach to runway 18L at about 15:00 local time the aircraft collided with a power line, crashed into a built up area about 5-6nm from touch down and burst into flames..."

Give or take, the estimated distance from Abuja to Lagos is about 339.1 Miles or 545.8 Kilometers with an approximate flight duration time of about 50 mins, so possibly left Abuja at about 2pm or bit later.
What I'd like to know is if an any domestic flight landed in between Jonathan's wife purported landing and Dana's ill fated crash.

Here's pic of the aircraft for reference purpose.

Re: 2 Hours Shut Down Of Airport For Patience Jonathan Caused The Crash - Breaking by CyberG: 9:34pm On Jun 05, 2012
Going by the fact that this government is totally based on lies and corruption, you can't put anything past them! Hopefully, the blackboxes will not be erased by agents of this corrupt government! If it is, I am sure some people like me can always reconstruct the data back with software so the lying bastards can never get away from the truth! cool cool
Re: 2 Hours Shut Down Of Airport For Patience Jonathan Caused The Crash - Breaking by Beaf: 9:36pm On Jun 05, 2012
Pataki:

Emergency clearance you say? Now answer these questions. . . . nitwit!

Do you know how many miles or kilometers away the plane was from the airport before it crashed?

Do you know what time the plane left Abuja for Lagos?

Do you know what time the plane crashed? How many minutes does it take to fly from Abuja-Lagos?

Why would a plane be granted emergency clearance, if the airspace was not previously shut down to other domestic and probably international flights? Can you see how you are shooting out your grandiose idiocy?!

You are truly a useless cyber-vagabond!

Shut up, fool.
You have just seen the official confirmation of what I said earlier that the First Lady was not scheduled to fly on the day of the plane crash. I'm sure even a cow brained piece of shiit like you can check on where she was at the exact time of the crash.

But bro, why are you so stup!d na? Does it not give you headache?
If it takes minutes for a flight to arrive Lagos from Abuja, why would it have been sent into a supposedly closed airspace to hover for two hours? Are you that thick? I can assure you that those who man the airports are well above your pathetic mental calibre.

Only vulcanisers and rat catchers would think the same laws govern planes as govern molue's.
[size=14pt]"Osodi straight! Wole soke! We gbe e! Sa lo straight!!!! Aeroplane, pack here!"[/size]

What a grass gripping, mud munching, monkey hugging nematode!

Re: 2 Hours Shut Down Of Airport For Patience Jonathan Caused The Crash - Breaking by Beaf: 9:38pm On Jun 05, 2012
BlackBaron: According to what I read..."A Dana Air McDonnell Douglas MD-83, registration 5N-RAM, performing flight 9J-992 from Abuja to Lagos with 153 people on board, was on approach to Lagos when the crew reported engine problems. On final approach to runway 18L at about 15:00 local time the aircraft collided with a power line, crashed into a built up area about 5-6nm from touch down and burst into flames..."

Give or take, the estimated distance from Abuja to Lagos is about 339.1 Miles or 545.8 Kilometers with an approximate flight duration time of about 50 mins, so possibly left Abuja at about 2pm or bit later.
What I'd like to know is if an any domestic flight landed in between Jonathan's wife purported landing and Dana's ill fated crash

Jonathans wife used the airport on Saturday and Monday. The plane crashed on Sunday.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated / Breaking News: Fugitive Nigerian Drug Baron Kashamu Arrested after 7hour Seige / See Picture Of Donald Trump And Nnamdi Kanu As Friends Long Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.