Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,771 members, 7,817,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV (23251 Views)

I Appoint More Northerners Because They Are My People And I Trust Them – Buhari / BREAKING: President-elect Buhari Speaks With Saharatv, Slams Iweala / If Elected, Buhari Will Witch-hunt 'enemies' And Jail Them For 200 Years – Mu'az (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by lanrefront1(m): 1:57pm On Jun 07, 2012
@Pukkah

I reaaly like this part of your post so I'm re-posting if for the benefit of the liars and their gullible victims that allows themselves to be brainwahed by the agenda of the corrupt elite, calling Buhari a terrorist.

"The claim that he also incited killings is
also presumptuous and preposterous.
How come they are yet to arrest him in
spite of all the hollow shouts? Which
evidence do you think is stronger - the
one linking some people to Boko Haram (remember Ndume, Azazi, Henry Orkah,
etc) and the shouts linking Buhari to the
killings?"

Nairalanders, the above should be food for thought.
Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by Pukkah: 1:58pm On Jun 07, 2012
manny4life:

TBH, IDK, but let's wait as the election year approaches, then we'll know who the Man of Valor is.

The Man will be unmasked in about two years from now? I hope you're not looking for an imaginary messiah that will drop from the sky.
Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by Demdem(m): 1:59pm On Jun 07, 2012
manny4life:

TBH, IDK, but let's wait as the election year approaches, then we'll know who the Man of Valor is.

Love ur honesty. 2015 is a long way and something can still spring up along the line but IMO till date, Buhari seems to be the only one FOR NOW THOUGH
Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by femmy2010(m): 2:01pm On Jun 07, 2012
gomentii: Buhari is the only solution to Nigeria problem cos he his not corrupt n not sorrounded with theives.

Gbam.
Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by Kobojunkie: 2:03pm On Jun 07, 2012
I don't think Buhari should run again. I would rather we get a new person with the same Iron hand instead. Nigeria is tired of these group of old warlords . . . we need new ones.
Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by jaso1(m): 2:04pm On Jun 07, 2012
The problem with this nation is that Nigerians are with disease of brain tumor. Average Nigerians have this disease and our health sector is doing nothing to ill or cures this mental disorder challenge. It could be due to lack of equipment in our health sector or inactive of person in charge. We all aware of Ghana and jerry Rowling’s role, this is what required here if Nigeria is to move forward. However, the sitting president of Nigeria confirmed to us that ‘some heads are bigger than him’ therefore can't be prosecuted for any criminality melted on us all. If somebody now said wiping them all is the best yet we have some nincompoops condemning this beautiful idea this simply means that such person is either benefiting from this menace and should be eliminated along with his or her criminals kingpin.
Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by Yorisb: 2:08pm On Jun 07, 2012
Kobojunkie: I don't think Buhari should run again. I would rather we get a new person with the same Iron hand instead. Nigeria is tired of these group of old warlords . . . we need new ones.
Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by manny4life(m): 2:08pm On Jun 07, 2012
Pukkah:

I don't have a problem if you think he's not the person. The real issue is: who is that person? Or shey na like this things go dey go?

My broda, I hope we see that person NOW, and NO we hope for things not to continue like this. My only beaf with Buhari is that from his comments, he seems to have a hidden agenda, concealed within him.

Pukkah:

The Man will be unmasked in about two years from now? I hope you're not looking for an imaginary messiah that will drop from the sky.

Messiah wont fall from the sky, but situational awareness will provoke some actions in two years. This will cause a leader to arise when the time draws near. But for Buhari, that's a NO NO. I'm all for stamping out corruption, even here in the states, as a liberal, I strongly support the death penalty for crimes, but my own concern is we need a lead who will be fair and just, not one who's been talking about baboons and dogs who will be soaked in blood.
Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by femmy2010(m): 2:12pm On Jun 07, 2012
Kobojunkie: I don't think Buhari should run again. I would rather we get a new person with the same Iron hand instead. Nigeria is tired of these group of old warlords . . . we need new ones.

That is where the problem lay.
Who can we point to as been patrotic and have the greater good of the poeople at heart that the electorate can hand over the mantle of leading this Country to among our present crop of politicians?
Let Buhari do the dirty job of cleaning the system then the no war - lord politician can continue from where he stopped.

1 Like

Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by courage89(m): 2:17pm On Jun 07, 2012

Name one Nigerian person that fit that description and that also controls similar political influence.
Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by ronkebp(f): 2:18pm On Jun 07, 2012
Kobojunkie:

HUH?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

You need to go back to school for history lessons oo!!

You can say that again, i am so lost......... cool cool
Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by Demdem(m): 2:19pm On Jun 07, 2012
manny4life:

My broda, I hope we see that person NOW, and NO we hope for things not to continue like this. My only beaf with Buhari is that from his comments, he seems to have a hidden agenda, concealed within him.

what hidden agenda do u think this 69year old man has?
Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by manny4life(m): 2:21pm On Jun 07, 2012
Demdem:

Love ur honesty. 2015 is a long way and something can still spring up along the line but IMO till date, Buhari seems to be the only one FOR NOW THOUGH

Well, unless Buhari can convince us btw now and 2015 beyond reasonable doubt that he has no hidden agenda, cut his words short (less blood and proffer effective solutions), he will lead fairly and justly, without ethnic or religious bigotry, then he will have my support (not that my support matters anyway). Till then, he might have the iron hand Nigeria needs, but his personality traits and hatred CANNOT be overlooked.
Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by ballabriggs: 2:22pm On Jun 07, 2012
Whether it is Buhari O or Sai Baba O, I don't care. I just need someone to help me get Oronto Douglas, Omokri and the other rogues out of Aso Rock.
Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by Kobojunkie: 2:23pm On Jun 07, 2012
courage89:

Name one Nigerian person that fit that description and that also controls similar political influence.

I don't need to name one. You can maybe make it your place to start looking around for anyone who will fit this bill. All I know, and have said is we need a new breed of people in office. Those who have been there for the past 30 years need to step down, Buhari not an exception.

2 Likes

Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by lanrefront1(m): 2:24pm On Jun 07, 2012
The cause of Nigeria's problem is just one word: CORRUPTION. Any other connotation or analysis is needless grammar. I do not know one single politcian in this country, who as enough clout like Buhari to become the President who is capable of dealing corruption a fatal blow like Buhari.

Buhari is the kind of man if elected President, even without speaking or doing anything yet, just waiting for inaguration, the terrible monster Corruption will begint o lose his grip on Nigeria, becuase you will witness many corrupt poilticians and business men begin to go on exile. This how much afraid the elites of Nigeria, whether North, South or East, are of this man becoming President.

They who Buhari is more than you will ever know and are spending billions on propangada to tarnish the man's reputation. The work of this propangandist agenda is very evident on Nairaland.

Pls people, go and research about Buhari yourself and stop following what you hear people saying about him.

Buhari is the kind of man, if elected President, within 6 months, even the common man will be feeling it's effect and the whole world will know there is something different about Nigeria.

Don't allow the thieving elites deceive you; the only thing you have to lose by electing this man is your slavery, suffering and de-huminisation in a land flowing with milk and honey, foisted upon you by the greed of the corrupt elite.

He who is already down needs fear no fall. Why not try a different route. The only people Buhari is a danger to is the theiving politcal and business elite and not the masses.
Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by Kobojunkie: 2:24pm On Jun 07, 2012
femmy2010:

That is where the problem lay.
Who can we point to as been patrotic and have the greater good of the poeople at heart that the electorate can hand over the mantle of leading this Country to among our present crop of politicians?
Let Buhari do the dirty job of cleaning the system then the no war - lord politician can continue from where he stopped.
I don't know but we have 3 years to search. So maybe we should start NOW.
Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by Demdem(m): 2:25pm On Jun 07, 2012
manny4life:

Well, unless Buhari can convince us btw now and 2015 beyond reasonable doubt that he has no hidden agenda, cut his words short (less blood and proffer effective solutions), he will lead fairly and justly, without ethnic or religious bigotry, then he will have my support (not that my support matters anyway). Till then, he might have the iron hand Nigeria needs, but his personality traits and hatred CANNOT be overlooked.

Demdem:

well the truth is Buhari himself hasnt claimed to be a saint. he is human and also has some downsides like any other Nigerian. But when compared to other politicians downsides, he is simply a saint. like i said 2015 is still far ahead but am aint optimistic enough to think someone will just show up suddenly from no where. besides what do u mean by hatred? who does Buhari hate except the corrupt?
Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by manny4life(m): 2:27pm On Jun 07, 2012
Demdem:

Brother, age is of the mind. Whether you're 69/79/89, or whatever age, in as long as you're living, have a conscience, then you have an agenda. The question is your agenda hidden or open? Is it positive or negative. His word does not attract, it repels, that's not a good trait of a leader, even the bible (if you believe in it) said;

"The good person out of the good treasure of his heart produces good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure produces evil; for out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks."

Should I go any further?
Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by Kobojunkie: 2:28pm On Jun 07, 2012
lanre_front:
Pls people, go and research about Buhari yourself and stop following what you hear people saying about him.

Buhari is the kind of man, if elected President, within 6 months, even the common man will be feeling it's effect and the whole world will know there is something different about Nigeria.

I said that the last election. This man was President for less than 1.5 years. Almost 20 years later, people speak of him, and the impact his regime had on the Nation as a whole, as if he was on that seat for a decade.

ROFLMAO!!! Imagine doing something for 2 minutes and having people talk about how it affected them for 10 years afterwards.

The current dude has been in office for over 2 years, and we are still waiting for him to do something. When I read comments suggesting that he has not had enough time, I want to take a bat to the heads of the people posting such comments. ROFLMAO!! grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by Demdem(m): 2:29pm On Jun 07, 2012
manny4life:

Brother, age is of the mind. Whether you're 69/79/89, or whatever age, in as long as you're living, have a conscience, then you have an agenda. The question is your agenda hidden or open? Is it positive or negative. Even the bible (if you believe in it) said;

"The good person out of the good treasure of his heart produces good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure produces evil; for out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks."

Should I go any further?

I endorsed this 100%. u dont need to proceed. So tell me more about the hidden agenda fears u raised
Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by Demdem(m): 2:35pm On Jun 07, 2012
manny4life:

Brother, age is of the mind. Whether you're 69/79/89, or whatever age, in as long as you're living, have a conscience, then you have an agenda. The question is your agenda hidden or open? Is it positive or negative. His word does not attract, it repels, that's not a good trait of a leader, even the bible (if you believe in it) said;

Should I go any further?

I dont see why Buhari's words will repel the good. Buhari is a truthfull man that says the truth boldly not minding who is offended. Only those whose hearts are filled with hate, thorns and termites will find it difficult to allow those words (which most of the time are the truth) to germinate. Like i said, not that he is perfect but eh he is very much ok.
Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by lanrefront1(m): 2:36pm On Jun 07, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I don't need to name one. You can maybe make it your place to start looking around for anyone who will fit this bill. All I know, and have said is we need a new breed of people in office. Those who have been there for the past 30 years need to step down, Buhari not an exception.

No offense, but at this point I have to say you are not making any sense. You keep insisting that it must not be Buhari but someone else.

Now you are being asked a very legitimate question: who elso do you think the cap fits for the special task of ridding the country of corruption?

You say you don't need to name one, that Courage 89 who asked you the question should maybe start looking for one.

Yet you keep insisting it can't be Buhari. My dear, all you are spewing out is rhetorics and nothing more. Or do you suggest we go and recruit Jerry Rawling of Ghana for the job?
Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by manny4life(m): 2:37pm On Jun 07, 2012
Demdem:

I endorsed this 100%. u dont need to proceed. So tell me more about the hidden agenda fears u raised

Personally, from Buhari's comment, I, personally think, he's not Ethnically and most importantly Religiously tolerant. His comment raise concerns of a potential dictator even a democratic society. While you might have good intentions at heart, the words that proceed out of his mouth, people take it differently. Perception and Reception are two different thins. Therein lies my concern with him, the reason why I believe that he somewhat has a hidden agenda behind his good motives.

1 Like

Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by Demdem(m): 2:43pm On Jun 07, 2012
manny4life:

Personally, from Buhari's comment, I, personally think, he's not Ethnically and most importantly Religiously tolerant. His comment raise concerns of a potential dictator even a democratic society. While you might have good intentions at heart, the words that proceed out of his mouth, people take it differently. Perception and Reception are two different thins. Therein lies my concern with him, the reason why I believe that he somewhat has a hidden agenda behind his good motives.

I understand and respect ur position fully but i vehemently disagree with it. i see nothing wrong in buhari's comment in such a "miserable" environment like ours. its simply in order.
Nigeria as it is now dont need a sheep or a saint to govern it but a very tough and hard person. The bulk of the people are evil, so what do u expect. Anyway, i enjoy my conversation with u
Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by manny4life(m): 2:53pm On Jun 07, 2012
Demdem:

I understand and respect ur position fully but i vehemently disagree with it. i see nothing wrong in buhari's comment in such a "miserable" environment like ours. its simply in order.
Nigeria as it is now dont need a sheep or a saint to govern it but a very tough and hard person. The bulk of the people are evil, so what do u expect. Anyway, i enjoy my conversation with u

I agree with you that Nigeria does need a saint to govern, therefore, I would rather have Fashola up there than have Buhari up there. At least Fahola hasn't shown a sign that he would be intolerant to people's freedom, nevertheless, if Buhari is to gain support of most Southerners, he needs to do a lot of groundwork convincing rather than critiquing. I like our conversation, it's good to agree when you disagree. At least we both agree that Nigeria needs IRON HAND, but we disagree in part of the choice to deliver that IRON HAND.
Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by Demdem(m): 3:06pm On Jun 07, 2012
manny4life:

I agree with you that Nigeria does need a saint to govern, therefore, I would rather have Fashola up there than have Buhari up there. At least Fahola hasn't shown a sign that he would be intolerant to people's freedom, nevertheless, if Buhari is to gain support of most Southerners, he needs to do a lot of groundwork convincing rather than critiquing. I like our conversation, it's good to agree when you disagree. At least we both agree that Nigeria needs IRON HAND, but we disagree in part of the choice to deliver that IRON HAND.

Fashola isnt also bad IMO but his opponents will be quick to tell u that he is and forever be a tool in the hand of Tinubu. Thats some level of corruption on its own. infact some will tell u that like his political father he is also corrupt and wont be able to fight it the way he ought to. Not that i agree with them but i also dont completely disagree with them either. But who do u think Buhari will be answerable to except the populace. I don't know of any godfather of his for now. that is a plus for him to be honest.
i agree he has to do a lot down south here where peeps minds have already been soaked with vicious lies. Give and take both have their good and bad sides.
Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by lanrefront1(m): 3:08pm On Jun 07, 2012
manny4life:

No matter how much you keep repeating something, that will not make it true. You say Buhari is ethinically and religoiusly intolereant.

The problem is that these things you are saying are simply not true and there is no strong pattern of evidence to suggest that they are. An appraisal of Buhari's life since he bacame military Head of State till date will show that the only thing this man is intolerant of is the unbelievable and mind-boggling corrupt and greedy elites wherever they maybe found: whether in the North, South or West.

There is big propngada being backed by millions of Naira becuase the political elite have decided this man's incorruptible character is too dangerous to their interest. There is no evidenc to suggest that Buhari is more of a tribalist than GEJ or OBJ or ATIKU or TINUBU

Do people know for instance that Buhari does not own a house in Abuja.

I think I blame is party CPC. They are not doing enough to keep the populace informed of the person and character of Buhari; they are not doing enough to counteract the lies of the PDP propangada machine. i think they ought to write a book detailing the live of Buhari from his youth, his times and activiteis and pursuits and Head of State, everything backed up by newspaper achives, goverment documents, facts and evidence.

This book should be distributed freely in schools. It should be cheaply produced. Information which is truth is powerful and will destroy all falsehoods.
Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by jessMena(f): 3:23pm On Jun 07, 2012
U want 2 shoot pipu ba?but u'll never condemn boko haram in public or assist d Army 2 put an end 2 their existence...Northern leaders kip telling us dat boko r fighting injustice n all we see is christians bn slaughtered n church bombing n dat's because dey pray against boko n 4 peace in d nation. And den u stand here 2 justify dem when dey don't attack mosque...Mcheeeww I'll only vote 4 an Hausa christian man not a muslim....I may vote 4 a good muslim Man in future but as long as I live I'll never vote 4 u because I know d christians will suffer more with u as president..Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by majojolo: 3:33pm On Jun 07, 2012
We need good leaders with strong mind and concern for all. Not corrupt leaders who are killing us and the entire nation, yet our tribalism and selfish interest refused to allow us to look for change. Am sure the families of LOGIC MIND & Co. are in the village struggling for survival, eating from hand to mouth, yet he is here diving away from the truth because of tribalism.

When are we going to fight and salvage this Country? If BUHARI is the right man, please lets pray for his success without sentiment.
Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by jmslimx(m): 3:34pm On Jun 07, 2012
China did it to be where they are today . Corruption is our major problem and if we cant tackle that i am sorry Nigeria would die only GOD which has being the sole Pilot would continue to keep us together.

For me this politicians needs to die by Hanging... How many Corrupt leaders has OBJ and GEJ Jailed since the inception of Democracy . Rather giving them same post office and Private preferential to loot more. I am from the East and they truth out to be said. Roads that has being existing since 1978 , Governors would patch it and say they have done work... cant they see Poland , Cant they see Singapore cant they see countries like south Korea and UAE.. Have they not being traveling and seeing things are they blind. i am 30 Years old now i am still shouting up NEPA. What happen to the mass Lands in the north , Why cant the governors Build Solar plants , Where is our LNG . No body is accounting for it .

people use tribe and ethic differences to conclude and leaving the main issues. if we don't fight corruption i am sorry our children would still suffer this rot because its a circle.

Nigerians are busy running to Ghana because of Rtd. Gen Jerry Rawlings , he heard to take those bold steps , Nigerians in general are nice people but leaders contribute a lot to our bad names from 419 2 Drugs 2 a lot of illegal things our youths engage in . If this rich nation can correct it parts i bet the citizenry would follow and make it better.

God Bless Nigeria , I love my country Despite the Sadness and Corruption

Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by manny4life(m): 3:38pm On Jun 07, 2012
lanre_front:

No matter how much you keep repeating something, that will not make it true. You say Buhari is ethinically and religoiusly intolereant.

The problem is that these things you are saying are simply not true and there is no strong pattern of evidence to suggest that they are. An appraisal of Buhari's life since he bacame military Head of State till date will show that the only thing this man is intolerant of is the unbelievable and mind-boggling corrupt and greedy elites wherever they maybe found: whether in the North, South or West.

There is big propngada being backed by millions of Naira becuase the political elite have decided this man's incorruptible character is too dangerous to their interest. There is no evidenc to suggest that Buhari is more of a tribalist than GEJ or OBJ or ATIKU or TINUBU

Do people know for instance that Buhari does not own a house in Abuja.

I think I blame is party CPC. They are not doing enough to keep the populace informed of the person and character of Buhari; they are not doing enough to counteract the lies of the PDP propangada machine. i think they ought to write a book detailing the live of Buhari from his youth, his times and activiteis and pursuits and Head of State, everything backed up by newspaper achives, goverment documents, facts and evidence.

This book should be distributed freely in schools. It should be cheaply produced. Information which is truth is powerful and will destroy all falsehoods.

What you perceive does not translate to what I receive. People interpret information how they choose, they don't have to be true to you, but to me as well as other who believe in it. I won't speculate on what and what he's done in the past, however, his present speech on different issues surrounding Nigeria is enough to assess what sought of leader he will make. Give me a reason to be believe that you're not all about blood and personal vendetta, give me reasons to believe that you're not what people construe you to be, then I'll support you. A leader who indirectly talks about shedding other people's blood other is NOT worthy of leadership... Period, CASE CLOSED.

@Demdem,

If every choice were to have godfathers and godchildren, then say me? undecided undecided undecided I'm sure Buhari has godchildren as well who are less likely to be harmed and easily exonerated when crime arises.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! / How Can We Be Free From SARS, IRT & Police Brutalities? / Photo: Nigeria Today - Daily Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.