Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,003 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge (17425 Views)

Poll:

This Logic is True: 52% (140 votes)
I totally disagree: 26% (70 votes)
I cannot say for sure: 21% (57 votes)
This poll has ended

All Progressive Congress (APC) Party: ANPP, CPC, ACN And APGA Finally Merged / ANPP, CPC, ACN To Become One By April – Shekarau / CPC & ACN Merger Faces Challenge From Stakeholders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by kaeto(m): 6:20pm On Jun 08, 2012
~Bluetooth:

As if ibo votes can stop a cpc/Acn presidency.Abeg,make them carry fashola+one hausa as vice jare !
sorry , the guys at the helm are objective rather than bigots in their reasoning,they will never need your ever backward waking thoughts to get ahead

1 Like

Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by jmaine: 6:21pm On Jun 08, 2012
Funkymallam:

Bros, we d time reach, dem go remember Buhari and BAT sins again. cheesy

I just dey laff, who go step down for who? Buhari, BAT, BRF, El-Rufai, Tunde Bakare, Ngige? And the list continues grin grin

Pipu no dey gree learn lesson . . . 2015, na extra-moral lesson we go teach them grin

Beaf sumed it perfectly . .Only the PDP can stop the PDP . .and they rarely make noise while getting the deed done cool

meanwhile bros . .your man dey alright ooh grin
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by onoja12: 6:22pm On Jun 08, 2012
u all are funny majority of votes come from the north,m.k.o won from the north so did obj so u should be talking north and se not the other way round
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by unclenna(m): 6:22pm On Jun 08, 2012
Pdp understands politics than any party in Nigeria. B4 2015 you will see the killer combination....a vibrant hausa man that will divide the north and a vibrant ibo man that will gather ibo votes. When it comes to election, an ibo man cannot be neglected.

3 Likes

Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by omega7ky: 6:22pm On Jun 08, 2012
Its better for cpc to merge with acn to knock out PDP cos with with continuty of pdp in 2015...its diaster for this country
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by nagoma(m): 6:30pm On Jun 08, 2012
Funkymallam:

Sure, Lamido is an acheiever but dnt blow his trumpets and he can strategize politically.

Sule Lamido performed better than Saminu Turaki in Jigawa ( and who wouldn't ? ) but I can't go as far as calling him an achiever . His arrogance and uncouth behaviour will work against him. He is actually despised even in the north. I will personally campaign against him.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by kaeto(m): 6:30pm On Jun 08, 2012
CyberG: I see naked, shameless opportunism by the usual secessionists like ONLYLies! So, in spite of contributing less than ZERO (negative) to the whole process, they should work their brains off fr people who have either no real achievements or more negatives than real achievements like Rochas, Amechi and co? Some people talk only of separation but now you are asking to profit where you have not contributed any iota of progress e.g. absconding and not standing up for Nigerians during the fuel subsidy crisis, voting in retardeen ebelechukwudeem Jonathan badluck with 98% mostly falsified of course! You have also defended any useless policy or move of his for as long as he builds you an airport, seaport, roads, etc while absconding his role as president of the country? Let's wait and see!
yes go on and do what you know best secessionists we are and what are you, nameless n faceless, insulting a whole race just to express your tribal rage and misfortune. We don't support nor cheer bad governance as you wrongly and firmly aver,just watch it huh? More objectivity please.

2 Likes

Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jun 08, 2012
Onlytruth: The only easy way for the ACN-CPC merger to snatch Aso rock (even if Jonathan is contesting in 2015) is to field an Igbo candidate, somebody like Rivers state governor Chibuike Amaechi (if they can snag him from PDP) with a NW VP candidate. That way, the East will be thoroughly divided with the larger chunk supporting Amaechi.
Remember that Amaechi is also "Rotimi" (if that helps to get Yoruba votes).

If the merger can also get APGA, it will definitely kill PDP.
I personally want PDP killed. cool

SE votes will not count much in 2015. You don't have to be a magician to know the area will be thoroughly monitored. This time around the wholesale rigging will be checkmated. Then, politically, all that is needed to divide SE votes is a mere factionalisation of APGA. If you follow events with keen interest, that is already in vogue.

The job of defeating GEJ becomes easier if you have a good northern presidential candidate with a pact with the West and a thoroughly factionalized East.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by aljharem(m): 6:35pm On Jun 08, 2012
Onlytruth: The only easy way for the ACN-CPC merger to snatch Aso rock (even if Jonathan is contesting in 2015) is to field an Igbo candidate, somebody like Rivers state governor Chibuike Amaechi (if they can snag him from PDP) with a NW VP candidate. That way, the East will be thoroughly divided with the larger chunk supporting Amaechi.
Remember that Amaechi is also "Rotimi" (if that helps to get Yoruba votes).

If the merger can also get APGA, it will definitely kill PDP.
I personally want PDP killed. cool

Maybe you think SW/Yorubas are as primitive thinking as you and your other tribalistic goons that voted GEJ because of Azikwe he recently added to his name.

I rather vote for Roachas (if voting a SE person at all) than any Amaechi that want life time pension for himself.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Domaro: 6:36pm On Jun 08, 2012
ndu_chucks: A Igbo candidate could help, but all they can guarantee is SE votes if Jonathan runs. That's not enough reason to put a Igbo candidate on top of the ticket of a merged party. Secondly, all the latent talks of seccession and biafra among Ndigbo, has created a deep distrust which is now working against the SE. No one is sure that Igbos are truly ready for one Nigeria. When we have full commitment from their leaders, the situation may change.

There is also the issue of the unwritten agreements which caused all major parties to present a Northerner as their flagbearers for the last Presidential election. A merged party must present a credible Northern candidate, if we want to start healing the damage done by GEJ which is currently contributing to bad economy, bad security, and bad government.

In my humble opinion, power has to return to the "North", if we are to survive as a nation beyond 2015. We cannot ignore the realities of the power sharing arrangement which has kept us together for decades.

Agreement written or unwriten, that is not the problem of Nigria, but the "born to rule" norm of the northerners. By Gods grace power is not going back to them for the mean time. Their Boko Haramism will soon subside, then every one will enjoy the true nature of Nigeria under a "God fearing Leader"
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by aljharem(m): 6:36pm On Jun 08, 2012
bayooooooo:

SE votes will not count much in 2015. You don't have to be a magician to know the area will be thoroughly monitored. This time around the wholesale rigging will be checkmated. Then, politically, all that is needed to divide SE votes is a mere factionalisation of APGA. If you follow events with keen interest, that is already in vogue.

The job of defeating GEJ becomes easier if you have a good northern presidential candidate with a pact with the West and a thoroughly factionalized East.

Thank you, in fact the SE would vote for GEJ again because they have no choice.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by aljharem(m): 6:38pm On Jun 08, 2012
Domaro:
Agreement written or unwriten, that is not the problem of Nigria, but the "born to rule" norm of the northerners. By Gods grace power is not going back to them for the mean time. Their Boko Haramism will soon subside, then every one will enjoy the true nature of Nigeria under a "God fearing Leader"

blababa, born to rule this born to rule that

Then we have Rochas, Fashola

You all are still complaining about the north ?
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by kaeto(m): 6:40pm On Jun 08, 2012
Demdem:

says who? do ur calculation well. the whole North,SW, middle belt and few numbers from this zone is enough
you obviously know nothing about the m-belt,sure you've not toured this region. Do you think electioneering is synonimous to nL? I laff at high hopes. But i want pdp out oh, but what if the pdp polity is heated up and GEJ quits for an hausa/igbo pdp concencus, prior to this time the north's always loved pdp, they will massively go for it plus the fact that many northern elders would be itchy to have a like Buhari/SE cpc candidacy,no wonder the country is this way,no 2 way reckoning just blind 1 way guess,the pdp options remains for now, unpredictable and endless.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Domaro: 6:41pm On Jun 08, 2012
alj harem:

Maybe you think SW/Yorubas are as primitive thinking as you and your other tribalistic goons that voted GEJ because of Azikwe he recently added to his name.

I rather vote for Roachas (if voting a SE person at all) than any Amaechi that want life time pension for himself.

supported, Rotimi Amaechi is not an igbo neither is he a yoruba man. I prefer NGIGE/FASHOLA and ROHCHAS for 2015 presidency
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by psalmizt(m): 6:41pm On Jun 08, 2012
I laugh out loud wheneva ppl talk abt any merger that is capable of dislodging the PDP behemoth. Like beef said, the real enemy of d pdp machinery is pdp itself. I ve been priviledged to travel to some hinterlands in Nigeria and i can tell you that almost all d time you 'd find a pdp presence. ACN and CPC re regional parties who rely on sentiments to win votes. To me, rather than waste precious time on mouthing around, they shld concentrate on the grassroots, help develop communities. Really to beat the pdp you need to be a national party. Strategically map out the 774 local govts in Nigeria and invest. Have a short term plan- get a good performance away from your comfort zone, and a long term plan- win d presidency. I think that's d only way any merger will be meaningful. Simply put
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Aladinn(m): 6:43pm On Jun 08, 2012
winnie-G:
@duni04
Now when you talk of competence, i guess you're aware of what happened in Lagos during the period of doctors' strike. I know Fashola may be a good governor, but he is not most competent among his equal considering the amount of revenue generated in Lagos state alone
The population in Lagos will always dwarf the 'amount of revenue generated in Lagos alone', hence the problem of meeting workers' demands. Before you criticise the state further, Lagos produces the highest amount made from VAT, but the FG shares the VAT revenue equally among the 36 states, bar population. Mind you Lagos does not collect the 13% derivative from oil also, and it has a huge population to cater for.

1 Like

Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by aljharem(m): 6:44pm On Jun 08, 2012
Domaro:
supported, Rotimi Amaechi is not an igbo neither is he a yoruba man. I prefer NGIGE/FASHOLA and ROHCHAS for 2015 presidency

thank you, we don't need an Igbo or Yoruba president but A NIGERIAN president that would take care of our needs equally without any form of biased thinking.

Ameachi discredited himself when he did the life pension thing know full well how River state has a lot of uncompleted projects

I am not sure of Ngige but Roachas, Yes !

Fashola, Yes !

Oshomoile, Yes

El-rufia, Yes Yes ! (as vice)
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by ypzilanti: 6:46pm On Jun 08, 2012
Beaf:

Dude, the way it always goes is:
The first one and a half to two years are for tough and unpopular reforms. The two to next three and a half years are for bringing direct benefits to the people.

All things being equal, by 2014, you would only have loads of good stuff to remember.

One year has gone already...we are waiting.

Common sense tells me that the masterplan should be drawn before you begin office, the structures will be put on ground during the first year in office, and then from second year people will begin to see where you are heading. Third year, they start to reap the benefits. Fourth year na electioneering.

As it is now, first year has passed, and we are still on masterplan stage. Second year, you will see more masterplan, third year some hastily arranged structures will start cropping up alomg with electioneering. Fourth year, more electioneering and promises.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by maigaskiya1: 6:46pm On Jun 08, 2012
~Bluetooth:

As if ibo votes can stop a cpc/Acn presidency.Abeg,make them carry fashola+one hausa as vice jare !
am nt suprisd at d contributn of d lxkes of u becos u lack a gud sence of history.d ibo votes brougt tafawa balewa 2 power.ibo votes stopd awolowo in d late 70s.ibo votes ws d decidng vote btwn abiola nd tofa.ibo votes contributd 2 objs fist term.agan ibo votes brougt ave gudluk a gud stand.so dnt cm hear nd disgrace ur parents

1 Like

Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by kaeto(m): 6:48pm On Jun 08, 2012
Beaf:

Dude, the way it always goes is:
The first one and a half to two years are for tough and unpopular reforms. The two to next three and a half years are for bringing direct benefits to the people.

All things being equal, by 2014, you would only have loads of good stuff to remember.
objective reckoning! Cheers bro, but we pray this becomes a reality,we really are running out of patience on the long awaited pdp/GEJ fresh air promises.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by nagoma(m): 6:48pm On Jun 08, 2012
Igbos have one leg in Biafra and the other in Nigeria or America. They can't be trusted with Nigerian presidency.

The North must present a minority northern Christian and unite behind him as a winning strategy and fence mending concept. The solidity of the north first and that can guarantee a long term interest that will nullify divisive propaganda using religion as a red herring. David Mark, Jerry useni and Patrick Yakowa come to my mind but there are others.

But remember PDP have the nations treasury and they have no shame in using it in the usual do or die struggle. See how they emptied it in 2011.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by SkyBlue1: 6:50pm On Jun 08, 2012
Unless the opposition in whatever form they emerge are planning on fielding a well known candidate (a la Buhari), they need to settle on a candidate soon. It would also be worthy to note that Nigerian voters extend beyond cities, with a majority of them in rural areas, meaning, Fashola for example might not be as popular or well known as some might think. Hence the ground work needs to start being laid now, with a fixed candidate and a long term strategy of selling this candidate to Nigeria.

I really do believe that most well meaning Nigerians should be finding a way to join hands to democratically unseat PDP from the presidency, because it would only make PDP work harder for votes even if they retain the presidency - and at the end of the day democracy wins. Heck the opposition can pick another Ijaw man as candidate for all I care - as long as he is a performer. A certain degree of complacency is what we need to be fighting against and I think the political machinery around the executive and most arms of government have come to take it as a given that joining PDP means you will probably win elections.

Whatever opposition arises would be working not necessarily against a PDP candidate, but against a PDP grassroots infrastructure. I personally believe that this far reach of PDP as a party was simply an accident of happenstance, kind of like how America emerged the world's industrial powerhouse after world war two, because the rest of the world was ravaged and bombed, so they had no opposition. PDP obtained this almost sacrosanct position in Nigeria's democracy due to the lack of any solid opposition against the IBB machinery when the country emerged from military rule.

Not at all saying it is only a democracy if PDP loses, but part of the reason we are in a mess as a country is due to lack of those viable alternatives. We need to keep democratic principles of begging for the votes of the people alive and reject the complacency that comes with a lack of any viable challenger. I blame the opposition just as much as the ruling party for the mess we find ourselves in. The opposition needs to stop being so short sighted, and rural Nigeria needs to be brought into the political discussion as well, because I am sure they also have aspirations of their own.

At the end of the day most people want a performer even if they won't tell you so. The problems Nigeria faces are so rudimentary, that I believe a villager would choose someone alien to them if he believes that person will give them light, clean water, roads, and other things which developed countries have come to consider bare essentials for running an economy.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by kaeto(m): 6:51pm On Jun 08, 2012
Funkymallam:

And u think d Middlebelt, Jigawa, Gombe, Yobe, Taraba and Adamawa will vote CPC? Dream on bro. cheesy
my brother good to have reasonable dudes like you on board,the calculations must be properly done if we need the said change.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by 2mch(m): 6:55pm On Jun 08, 2012
All it takes is to win the North as a whole. That is 2 zones. Win the SW, that is 1 more zone and then divide the MB. It is only Benue and Kogi that will vote with SS. The deal is sealed and this combo they will win.Although kogi has been known to vote in the same way Kwara votes. The rest of the MB except Benue are hypocritical, they lie today to be with other minorities, and vote North tomorrow. So in total that is 31/2 zones out of 6 at least. grin. This is the winning team. Also any SS that thinks SE will vote for them is a dreamer. Historically SE waits and jumps on the winning teams side, even rigs for the winning team. SE is not what anyone should be worried about. They did it with MKO, OBJ and GEJ. They always do this for political gains and political office. This is a winning combination. Nigeria has no alternative than to get better. We are only killing ourselves with this corruption. It is not sustainable. The winning combo should be Fashola/Elrufai. That is a total knockout!

1 Like

Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jun 08, 2012
Demdem:

says who? do ur calculation well. the whole North,SW, middle belt and few numbers from this zone is enough
That was what Ayatollah Buhari thought and when he lost, he immediately called for the heads of all southern corpers.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by kaeto(m): 7:00pm On Jun 08, 2012
Demdem:

of cos he will, what else are u expecting. he is noted for failure right from his bayelsa days. Thats simply him.
for now GEJ has not impressed as president but while as governor he didn't fail for the few months there, he built 13 mega bridges and OBJ visited BY 4 project commissioning at least 10times,he scored some points there so no cheap talks please.

1 Like

Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by maigaskiya1: 7:02pm On Jun 08, 2012
My candid opinion in ds mater is every truthful nijeran kmws dat buhari is an upritd man.and fieldng d lykes of tinubu a celebratd tief wil nt hold waters.2nd dy re both muslims wic means automatic failure.3rd a northan candidate witot d se ds tyme is a big blundr.nd 4 most of u wit d usual habit of undr ratng d se politicaly shud wake up frm dia slumbr dat any state in nija afta d ind4nes d 2nd most populatd tribe in nija re d ibos.finaly no body wnts 2se an hausa fulani in power ask d midle beltans.d sumary of everytn is nija is slidng towards disntigratn.2015 is d decidng yr.any party dat 3merges wil nt rule up 2 2xs.watch nd se

1 Like

Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by SuperT(m): 7:14pm On Jun 08, 2012
Only if they present Good candidate for President.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by nagoma(m): 7:21pm On Jun 08, 2012
careytommy:
That was what Ayatollah Buhari thought and when he lost, he immediately called for the heads of all southern corpers.

Stop this crap it's no longer selling. Everybody knows that PDP sacrificed the coppers to win that state by hook or crook. The president paid out blood money.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by stupor(m): 7:28pm On Jun 08, 2012
Hmm
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by bashr8: 7:43pm On Jun 08, 2012
ndu_chucks: A Igbo candidate could help, but all they can guarantee is SE votes if Jonathan runs. That's not enough reason to put a Igbo candidate on top of the ticket of a merged party. Secondly, all the latent talks of seccession and biafra among Ndigbo, has created a deep distrust which is now working against the SE. No one is sure that Igbos are truly ready for one Nigeria. When we have full commitment from their leaders, the situation may change.

There is also the issue of the unwritten agreements which caused all major parties to present a Northerner as their flagbearers for the last Presidential election. A merged party must present a credible Northern candidate, if we want to start healing the damage done by GEJ which is currently contributing to bad economy, bad security, and bad government.

In my humble opinion, power has to return to the "North", if we are to survive as a nation beyond 2015. We cannot ignore the realities of the power sharing arrangement which has kept us together for decades.

your already on the path to failure , pdp is not going anywhere until the opposition reach out to apga and field an igbo candidate . the choice is all ours.

1 Like

Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by bashr8: 7:45pm On Jun 08, 2012
unclenna: Pdp understands politics than any party in Nigeria. B4 2015 you will see the killer combination....a vibrant hausa man that will divide the north and a vibrant ibo man that will gather ibo votes. When it comes to election, an ibo man cannot be neglected.
dont mind them , some people learn very slow , it takes decades for them to understand that.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Osinbajo Attends 86th Anniversary Of Igbobi College (Photos) / El-Rufai Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Why Not Rally To Remove Him, Instead Of Crying? / Kogi: Dino Melaye Appeals Tribunal Judgement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.