Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge (17445 Views)

Poll:

This Logic is True: 52% (140 votes)
I totally disagree: 26% (70 votes)
I cannot say for sure: 21% (57 votes)
This poll has ended

All Progressive Congress (APC) Party: ANPP, CPC, ACN And APGA Finally Merged / ANPP, CPC, ACN To Become One By April – Shekarau / CPC & ACN Merger Faces Challenge From Stakeholders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by jason123: 4:08pm On Jun 09, 2012
afam4eva:
Do you any concrete proof?

Concrete proof?! Afam, you are better than this! Shebi you be Lagosian undecided You don forget so soon when this was revealed?
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by bittyend(m): 4:09pm On Jun 09, 2012
Lay claim to erosion ridden homeland and keep Lagos out of your mouth.

Afam, go back to your village, boy.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Chinom(m): 4:11pm On Jun 09, 2012
jason123:

Tinubu is from Osun and he ruled Lagos.

...and Fernandez and all those Brazilian Lagosians are from Rio de Janeiro. Ewu.. All our ancestors came from somewhere else centuries ago.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by jason123: 4:11pm On Jun 09, 2012
bittyend: These fools are still arguing the ownership of Lagos smh..

You don't make up 20% of Lagos.. There are more Hausas and Benin/Delta axis folks in Lagos than you lot, get over yourselves and go drink palm oil.

That is the truth!!!!

The situation is similar to the black community in UK. We though we were alot until we found that that we are less than 2% of the total population, yet you see us everywhere.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by jason123: 4:13pm On Jun 09, 2012
Chinom:

...and Fernandez and all those Brazilian Lagosians are from Rio de Janeiro. Ewu.. All our ancestors came from somewhere else centuries ago.

I agree but regardless, that indigene stuff does not work and you should know that so what is stop you from contesting in Lagos? Last election, some Igbos contested, didn't they? Were they indigenes?
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Afam4eva(m): 4:17pm On Jun 09, 2012
jason123:

Concrete proof?! Afam, you are better than this! Shebi you be Lagosian undecided You don forget so soon when this was revealed?
Let's assume Tinubu is really from Osun state but you know his parents or grandparents may have been born in Lagos. Besides, he's Yoiruba so it will be easier for him to claim been a lagosian. Even if the constitution allows none indigenes which I thin it's true, it will still be difficult for politicians to field non-indigenes and except everyone to just accept. We're in Africa where people are seen as a representative of their tribe. So, having a non-indigene in any political position is a gradual process. Tinubu started it with two Igbo politians and I think that's the way to. I was actually attcking Gbawe's point that economic power equalls political power. I think that view is ignorant.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Chinom(m): 4:23pm On Jun 09, 2012
Lets just wait until the constuitution is amended. Igbo Lagosians will have to form their own party, because the ACN will not let them in. In the last election some indigenes in some states went to court to make sure that non-indigenes nominated are removed.
Do you know that Fashola has the right to drive all Yorubas from Oyo, Osun, Ogun etc out of the civil service ?. It's a crazy clause which must be changed in the next amendment.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Onlytruth(m): 4:30pm On Jun 09, 2012
Gbawe:

My brother, you "overheard" nothing grin grin grin grin You are only stating your own opinion - and quite an intelligent one also. Alas, your thinking has one major flaw - it does not tally with the 'mentality' of the PDP. [size=16pt]At the Presidential Level, the PDP is not willing to support any "credible and progressive" candidate who will tamper with what the Party is solely about i.e the central control, through the FG, of Nigeria's wealth for disbursement to members of the "owners of Nigeria" club.[/size]

Yes the PDP might support a popular candidate but certainly not a progressive one and direct history bears this out with how the likes of Donald Duke could not even be considered VP to Yar Adua while others who are mediocrity personified were chosen. Watch and you will see.

[b]Gbawe [/b]while conducting his ramblings occasionally hits the sweet spot of TRUTH.
Lo and behold the CORE reason why I hate PDP with a STRONG PASSION.
Good one Gbawe. wink
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Onlytruth(m): 4:35pm On Jun 09, 2012
The PDP is NOT interested in any progressive agenda. In a way the party is like an escrow agency which holds in trust money that MUST BE SHARED to OWNERS of Nigeria.

A progressive (accountable and pan citizen ) president can never come out of PDP.
That is my opinion on that.
How can armed robbers produce the best IG of the police?
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Onlytruth(m): 4:38pm On Jun 09, 2012
Someone is already mentioning David Mark and Pius Anyim as the possible next PDP presidential materials and VP candidates. Pray what progressive agenda has these folks championed since being in government?
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jun 09, 2012
Onlytruth: The PDP is NOT interested in any progressive agenda. In a way the party is like an escrow agency which holds in trust money that MUST BE SHARED to OWNERS of Nigeria.

A progressive (accountable and pan citizen ) president can never come out of PDP.
That is my opinion on that.
How can armed robbers produce the best IG of the police?

First time I've agreed with you in months.

It must be the egusi soup I've been feeding ya.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Onlytruth(m): 4:39pm On Jun 09, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

First time I've agreed with you in months.

It must be the egusi soup I've been feeding ya.

I never knew you can cook egusi soup.
Don't let Mrs Onlytruth catch you there. smiley
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jun 09, 2012
Onlytruth:

[b]I never knew you can cook egusi soup.
[/b]Don't let Mrs Onlytruth catch you there. smiley

I'm Ekiti, nuff said lol.
kk.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Ejine(m): 4:43pm On Jun 09, 2012
LOL! Have you guys checked out this thread's poll?
It is very obvious NairaLand is an ACN-dominated site. Unfortunately for them sha, it doesn't represent the reality on ground.

And I'm here to tell you today, that Buhari will not win JACK in the South East, South South or Middle Belt. It is also an established fact that he will not win SHIIT in the South West!
Don't let these fools here deceive you. Most of these guys don't even know where their hometowns are. Na only Lagos dem sabi.

Lagos in the morning
Lagos in the evening
Lagos in the East, West, North and the South.

What a useless bunch of clueless god-damned knobheads!
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by PeterKbaba: 5:06pm On Jun 09, 2012
WHY WE MUST VOTE FASHOLA AS PRESIDENT......... YOU SHOULD WATCH THIS PLS AND COMPARE A LAGOS STATE GOVERNOR TO THE PRESENT PRESIDENT!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbw__jP7zXc&feature=BFa&list=UUh_x1EANObKl_UwkVaAiq-Q
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by PointB: 5:29pm On Jun 09, 2012
kaeto: please stop embarking on this mary-go-round of ZOMBIE parade, Amaechi is a big fraud like many of my eastern governors, he is no good,no experience for our dear country,maybe you don't reside down south,just watch your mouth bro!

Stop pulling Ameachi down my brother. Is Fashola/Tinube combo not founded on fraud and patronage? Didn't Rufia allocate land to his friends when FCT minister? Why do you have to pull Ameachi down, when others who have done worse are been hyped to high heavens by their own myopic and bigoted tribesmen.

Just think about it!
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jun 09, 2012
Ejiné: LOL! Have you guys checked out this thread's poll?
It is very obvious NairaLand is an ACN-dominated site. Unfortunately for them sha, it doesn't represent the reality on ground.

And I'm here to tell you today, that Buhari will not win JACK in the South East, South South or Middle Belt. It is also an established fact that he will not win SHIIT in the South West!
Don't let these fools here deceive you. Most of these guys don't even know where their hometowns are. Na only Lagos dem sabi.

Lagos in the morning
Lagos in the evening
Lagos in the East, West, North and the South.

What a useless bunch of clueless god-damned knobheads!

Most of then, their hometown is in Lagos. Lagos is a Yoruba state dear, but that's a discussion for another thread.

If PDP was winning, what would you have said? That it's the reality on round? That's to say you've asked a sufficient sample of people about their political stance, right? Please, no cousin, aunty, papa, neighbor story, thank you.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by olaadegoke(m): 7:54pm On Jun 09, 2012
Whats all this analysis about when we all know votes doesn't count in Nigeria and 2015 will not be diff...We need a radical change cool
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by flexya: 8:39pm On Jun 09, 2012
Buhari had 11M votes 2 GEJs 20M in last election. So, Buhari had 55% of GEJs votes, despite the fact that buhari gathered his votes primarily from 2 zones (NW and NE). North Central States like Niger, Benue, Kogi, Kwara and Plateau were PDPs/GEJ. Only Nassarawa did cpc. If these NC States had voted buhari, GEJ would not av won, without even factorin the SW votes. Remember that we are talkin "vote swings" ie if SW had given Buhari 5M rather dan GEJ, then GEJ would av had 15M and Buhari 16M.

Now wit the nothern governors tAlkin about unity and only a fool will say Jonathan might not contest (he will), then a change is batton in Aso Rock is very muuch realistic because the North Central States would not vote GEJ this time.

Havin said that, ACN is not the Strong base in the SW as outsiders will say (Lagos excepted). It certainly does not av the strength PDP has in the SS. Each SW State has its peculiarities. In Oyo, PDP killed PDP. If reconcillation is done, ACN know they r gone. Didn't ACN lose a bye election in Oyo State a few months ago? Didn't the Accord party total votes added 2 Pdp exceed ACN? Accord is a splinter of PDP. The issue in Oyo is very similar 2 Ogun, except that PDP reconcillation might not be very easy there. Amosun also has PDP DNA in him, so interestin times ahead. Remember the last Kebbi govnor defected 2 PDP? In ekiti and Osun, we all know that results from some local govts were removed from the total votes 2 give judgement 2 ACN. These two states remain a battle ground for both parties. Either can't beat his chest in these States. As for Ondo, Iroko ni joor. The result won't be close. Whoever he supports for Aso Rock will get Ondo votes. He is PDP bt not necessarily GEJ underneath.

No offence 2 my brothers in the SE bt we all know that money talks. Even they couldn't vote for Ojukwu in 2007, in their own party (APGA), despite the love ojukwu had for ndigbo. Ngige or Okorocha flying the presidential flag in a ACN/CPC party won't make a damnb difference. U ppl will still vote pdp/GEJ cos ur govnors will buy ur votes.

By the way, some ppl think foolishly. Imagine an hausa party (cpc) and a yoruba party (acn) merging bt decidin 2 give the presidential ticket 2 an igbo man in Ngige because he is an ACN senator wit a good track record. Its clear whoever thot this has no clue wat nigerian politics is all about.

Finally, win or loose, Tinubu will contest. Ko tori olorun se now! It will be an hausa + yoruba ticket.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Onlytruth(m): 10:27pm On Jun 09, 2012
flexya:

No offence 2 my brothers in the SE bt we all know that money talks. Even they couldn't vote for Ojukwu in 2007, in their own party (APGA), despite the love ojukwu had for ndigbo. Ngige or Okorocha flying the presidential flag in a ACN/CPC party won't make a damnb difference. U ppl will still vote pdp/GEJ cos ur govnors will buy ur votes.

By the way, some ppl think foolishly. Imagine an hausa party (cpc) and a yoruba party (acn) merging bt decidin 2 give the presidential ticket 2 an igbo man in Ngige because he is an ACN senator wit a good track record. Its clear whoever thot this has no clue wat nigerian politics is all about.

Finally, win or loose, Tinubu will contest. Ko tori olorun se now! It will be an hausa + yoruba ticket.

@First bolded, if you want to tell yourself the truth, you would at least know that the election was RIGGED because there is NO WAY we voted anybody over Ojukwu.

@Second bolded, if you mean that our governors may RIG for Jonathan in 2015, then MAYBE, depending on what others are doing for Ndigbo, and how aggrieved we are over Jonathan in 2015. Our governors are not super humans, and it is an insult to say that we don't have a choice over who gets our votes in 2015. If you doubt me, go and ask PDP's Ikedi Ohakim how he lost Imo guber polls in 2011.
You people should mind your section of Nigeria and leave us alone.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Ifeanyispace: 10:47pm On Jun 09, 2012
Some comments here are that of dreamers and ignorant persons who look at one side of coin without knowing the dynamices of Nigerian politics. That the merger of ACN/CPC will dismantle PDP just like that in 2015 is more of fallacy than realism.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by aljharem(m): 10:51pm On Jun 09, 2012
Ifeanyispace: Some comments here are that of dreamers and ignorant persons who look at one side of coin without knowing the dynamices of Nigerian politics. That the merger of ACN/CPC will dismantle PDP just like that in 2015 is more of fallacy than realism.

So why can't APGA join or are they too big to fight corruption ?
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by emiye(m): 10:58pm On Jun 09, 2012
Many here are too idealistic with their choice of candidate to unseat the PDP.

Can anyone underrate a man who had 11million votes from the North and roughly 1.5 million votes from the South with a relatively new political structure and less fund to spend ?

Buhari achieved above, using a "non-politician" as a running mate.

He couldnt really campaign in the South coz he lacked the fund and the political structure.

A merger with ACN and a Fashola as VP will boost his resume in the south, with ACN providing political structure and fund.

One thing is clear, the Jonathan can no longer get as much votes as he got in the North again. I am not even sure the PDP northern governors will not work against him if he contest in 2015, unlike 2011, where they were arm twisted(Northern governors even supported Buhari's threat statement last month). Buhari will surely perform better in the North than 2011. 11million can improve to 14-15 million votes in 2015

A Buhari / Fashola ticket needs to improve the southern votes from the barely 1.5 million votes in 2011 to at least 6 million votes. This is not difficult to achieve.

sw votes - 75% SE votes -15% , SS votes - 20% can bring about the 6 million votes.

other possible, but weaker alliance is Buhari / Rochas or Buhari/ Ngige
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Ifeanyispace: 11:03pm On Jun 09, 2012
alj harem: So why can't APGA join or are they too big to fight corruption ?
The addition of APGA to the merger still doesn't change anything. As for me APGA is a dying party
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by olyivy(f): 11:08pm On Jun 09, 2012
alj harem:

So unseating PDP now translates to fighting corruption? You guys are always too emotional about these things.... The name Tinubu alone reeks of corruption and still you guys want us to believe that if ACN takes over, it will be happily ever after.

Dreamers!!!

1 Like

Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Gbawe: 11:08pm On Jun 09, 2012
jason123:

That is the truth!!!!

The situation is similar to the black community in UK. We though we were alot until we found that that we are less than 2% of the total population, yet you see us everywhere.

My brother, being the loudest, most foul-mouthed, most insecure, most bellicose, most angry, most confrontational and most paranoid in the land , plus having a huge chip on your shoulder, does not necessarily make you the most populous anywhere in the world.

Others , in reality, may be far more populous than the noisemakers but attract less negative attention to themselves due to how they go about their business more discreetly because they don't have a huge chip on their shoulder and are not consumed with a desire to prove anything to anyone or 'get even' with others . They are thus not given to making braggart statements, every second of the day, that only masks deep-seated insecurities and a desire to gain validation, plus a sense of self-worth, via a constant desire to make everything an ethnic contest of superiority.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by bashr8: 11:09pm On Jun 09, 2012
alj harem:

mischief maker, next u willblame us for nigeria curruption if it does not go well ,aam watching u , this merger will fail if they field a yoruba or northern candidate , we have more competent people from the east , your not going to fool anybody. involving APGA is up to them , but igbos have made it clear that they will run for presidency come 2015 if johntan dont perform or dont contest.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Afam4eva(m): 11:11pm On Jun 09, 2012
Ifeanyispace: The addition of APGA to the merger still doesn't change anything. As for me APGA is a dying party
I think APGA died with Ikemba. It became what it became because of Eze Igbo Gburugburu. I predicted an infighting in the party after Ojukwu dies and it's happening already. We're going to see new factions of APGA eg UPGA etc.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by aljharem(m): 11:12pm On Jun 09, 2012
Ifeanyispace: The addition of APGA to the merger still doesn't change anything. As for me APGA is a dying party

If APGA does not believe in themselves how do they expect us to believe in them. Roachas has made SWerners to admire APGA they stand a better chance in the future

PDP is full of retired Generals and money hungry policians
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by aljharem(m): 11:13pm On Jun 09, 2012
olyivy:

So unseating PDP now translates to fighting corruption? You guys are always too emotional about these things.... The name Tinubu alone reeks of corruption and still you guys want us to believe that if ACN takes over, it will be happily ever after.

Dreamers!!!

Not at all, I am not emotional

Tinubu can go to hell for all I care, I am talking of likes of fashola, el-rufia, roachas etc

Tinubu know if he fields himself for presidency, he would lose.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by bashr8: 11:14pm On Jun 09, 2012
Gbawe:

My brother, being the loudest, most foul-mouthed, most insecure, most bellicose, most angry, most confrontational and most paranoid in the land , plus having a huge chip on your shoulder, does not necessarily make you the most populous anywhere in the world.

Others , in reality, may be far more populous than the noisemakers but attract far less negative attention to themselves due to how they go about their business more discreetly because they don't have a huge chip on their shoulder and are not consumed with a desire to prove anything to anyone or 'get even' with others . They are thus not given to making braggart statements, every second of the day, that only masks deep-seated insecurities and a desire to gain validation, plus a sense of self-worth, via a constant desire to make everything an ethnic contest of superiority.

you dont have to cry ,its just politics calm down ,2015 never even reach . meanwhile am sure your directing your anger at igbos for not supporting your bigotted made in hell fire buhari presidential ambition, is it by force, i know say if they give u gun u will shoot everybody that opposes buhari ,talk about the dog and babook soaked in blood, anyway in a country where poverty is the order of the day i dont see why sussesful igbos and non igbos alike should not brag , it motivates the hopeless to keep hursling especially those that think u can only be rich through politics and oil company.

1 Like

Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by aljharem(m): 11:14pm On Jun 09, 2012
bashr8: mischief maker, next u willblame us for nigeria curruption if it does not go well ,aam watching u , this merger will fail if they field a yoruba or northern candidate , we have more competent people from the east , your not going to fool anybody. involving APGA is up to them , but igbos have made it clear that they will run for presidency come 2015 if johntan dont perform or dont contest.

Igbo candidate, yoruba candidate, fulani candiate

I could careless, so long as my interest and the interest of Nigeria comes first.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

President Jonathan Pays Homage To Yar'adua / Buhari Lobbies N’assembly On Passage Of 2016 Budget / Osinbajo Arrived Kano For A One Day Visit - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.