Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,354 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge (17448 Views)

Poll:

This Logic is True: 52% (140 votes)
I totally disagree: 26% (70 votes)
I cannot say for sure: 21% (57 votes)
This poll has ended

All Progressive Congress (APC) Party: ANPP, CPC, ACN And APGA Finally Merged / ANPP, CPC, ACN To Become One By April – Shekarau / CPC & ACN Merger Faces Challenge From Stakeholders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by BabaO2: 11:17am On Jun 09, 2012
Billyonaire: Speak for thyself, and not for the entire Western Region, Should I remind you that LAGOS alone is more populous than the rest of the Western States put together ? And Do I need to remind you that we have more non-yorubas in Lagos than Yorubas, You need to sometimes shut-up and think before becoming unelected yoruba reps.
If people like you are in government, you will plunge the country into more unrecoverable danger because of the way you guys mislead facts on Lagos State and other national issues. Having large presence of nonindigenes of Lagos at places like Alaba, mile 12 or basically some slums in Lagos doesnt translate to having more non-Yorubas than the owners of the land. Mind you, you are either traders or cattle rearers, meaning you will return to your base after trading.
How many or %age of non Yorubas are living in Places like Ikoyi, VI,Ikeja, Badagry, Epe,Magodo etc. be sincere with yourself. Non Yorubas could be many in numbers but few in percentage.

1 Like

Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by PeterKbaba: 11:46am On Jun 09, 2012
WHY WE MOST VOTE FASHOLA AS PRESIDENT......... YOU MOST WATCH THIS PLS AND COMPARE A LAGOS STATE GOVERNOR TO THE PRESENT PRESIDENT!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbw__jP7zXc&feature=BFa&list=UUh_x1EANObKl_UwkVaAiq-Q
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Chinom(m): 11:47am On Jun 09, 2012
Baba_O:
If people like you are in government, you will plunge the country into more unrecoverable danger because of the way you guys mislead facts on Lagos State and other national issues. Having large presence of nonindigenes of Lagos at places like Alaba, mile 12 or basically some slums in Lagos doesnt translate to having more non-Yorubas than the owners of the land. Mind you, you are either traders or cattle rearers, meaning you will return to your base after trading.
How many or %age of non Yorubas are living in Places like Ikoyi, VI,Ikeja, Badagry, Epe,Magodo etc. be sincere with yourself. Non Yorubas could be many in numbers but few in percentage.

My friend don't spit out what you DONT know. You're just guessing. I lived in Magodo for quite some time. Over 70% of the houses are owned or built by non-Yorubas. Owners are mainly people from the SS and Igbos.There are many Edos, Uhrobos and other ethnic groups. same goes for Ikoyi, VI and Ikeja. The only Yoruba enclaves in Lagos are Obalende, Epe, Badagry and to some extent Ikorudu. The Mainland is overwhelmly Non- Yoruba. Base your comments on facts, not emotion.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by mikolo80: 11:54am On Jun 09, 2012
PDP LOOTING ACN MORE LOOTING
HOPE BUHARI CAN AT LEAST REDUCE THE LOOTING AND PROVIDE SOME INFRASTRUCTURE
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by terfcha: 12:22pm On Jun 09, 2012
Buhari/Tinubu ticket is a sure belt. We in the North Central are patiently waiting for them to declared publicly then we will swung into action to make sure they win the presidency.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Gbawe: 1:12pm On Jun 09, 2012
Chinom:

My friend don't spit out what you DONT know. You're just guessing. I lived in Magodo for quite some time. Over 70% of the houses are owned or built by non-Yorubas. Owners are mainly people from the SS and Igbos.There are many Edos, Uhrobos and other ethnic groups. same goes for Ikoyi, VI and Ikeja. The only Yoruba enclaves in Lagos are Obalende, Epe, Badagry and to some extent Ikorudu. The Mainland is overwhelmly Non- Yoruba. Base your comments on facts, not emotion.

You people and your dishonesty all stemming from how you cannot give a certain ethnic group the credit due to it. I don't really bother with all these patently stupid argument because it is clear many don't see what is obvious when they brag vacuously.

All I will ask folks to do is look at the list of Senators, Reps and political representative in Lagos even to Local Government level. If the Yorubas are now indeed a minority in Lagos then others must be inferior to them in intellect or doing something terribly wrong with how these non-Yorubas have very poor representation in a vital area concerning the control of the State they are supposed to "own". What kind of "ownership" model is that?

All I see is redundant thinking and standing of logic on its head the "Nigerian way". Does it make sense to anyone that the ethnic group who "control and own" a State plus "wield the greatest financial muscle" in said State are almost non-existent in the political affairs of the State for Elective (vote-reliant) positions?

I simply don't know why some folks can never develop a sense of humility and good grace at all towards others. If some folks claim to be most populous in Lagos and "in control" of many districts, why is this not reflective in political offices held? Is democracy no longer a game of numbers? What, for example, would be more natural than for non-Yorubas to produce the LG chairman for areas they "control"?
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by PeterKbaba: 1:59pm On Jun 09, 2012
Gbawe:

You people and your dishonesty all stemming from how you cannot give a certain ethnic group the credit due to it. I don't really bother with all these patently stupid argument because it is clear many don't see what is obvious when they brag vacuously.

All I will ask folks to do is look at the list of Senators, Reps and political representative in Lagos even to Local Government level. If the Yorubas are now indeed a minority in Lagos then others must be inferior to them in intellect or doing something terribly wrong with how these non-Yorubas have very poor representation in a vital area concerning the control of the State they are supposed to "own". What kind of "ownership" model is that?

All I see is redundant thinking and standing of logic on its head the "Nigerian way". Does it make sense to anyone that the ethnic group who "control and own" a State plus "wield the greatest financial muscle" in said State are almost non-existent in the political affairs of the State for Elective (vote-reliant) positions?

I simply don't know why some folks can never develop a sense of humility and good grace at all towards others. If some folks claim to be most populous in Lagos and "in control" of many districts, why is this not reflective in political offices held? Is democracy no longer a game of numbers? What, for example, would be more natural than for non-Yorubas to produce the LG chairman for areas they "control"?

Are you suggesting that if the richest Yoruba man in Porthacout, who is popular among the people can contest to be the governor of the state??
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Gbawe: 2:08pm On Jun 09, 2012
PeterKbaba:

Are you suggesting that if the richest Yoruba man in Porthacout, who is popular among the people can contest to be the governor of the state??

No, because this is not about wealth alone. Go and read above to note the opinion that "the only Yoruba enclaves in Lagos are Obalende, Epe, Badagry and to some extent Ikorudu". Combine that deliberate dishonesty with what is stated regularly on NL, to note that the claim of non-Yoruba superiority in Lagos extends to population and just about everything also. The Yorubas are even "tenants" in Lagos and we are told inanely that the State would "collapse" if others take their wealth out.

My point then is that, if you have the numbers and the cash then why is your "control" not seen in perhaps the most important sector i.e that which shapes the direction of the State? Did you not note this in my response that you quoted?

Is democracy no longer a game of numbers? What, for example, would be more natural than for non-Yorubas to produce the LG chairman for areas they "control"?
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by nduchucks: 2:16pm On Jun 09, 2012
I overheard (don't ask me for details) that if a merger of political parties results in a potentially winning solution, PDP will ask GEJ not to contest and tell the nation that he is a man of his words, in order to save the party. PDP will then present a credible, progressive, and formidable candidate from the North, and a credible and popular VP candidate from the South (Soludo, Anyim, and others come to mind). Akala will not be considered for anything lipsrsealed.

May God keep us 'till then
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Afam4eva(m): 2:21pm On Jun 09, 2012
@Gbawe
Your last two posts just show that you don't know much about Nigeria. Are you suggesting that the fact that Yorubas make up 90 percent of the lagos cabinet, that means the statistics is similar in other endeavour in Lagos? I think that's a very faulty line of reasoning. Economic or Social prowess does not translate to political prowess. Even if Lagos is 90 persent Igbo, that won't change the fact that those representing Lagos will be majorly Yorubas. This is Nigeria and not US or the UK where population means everything.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Gbawe: 2:24pm On Jun 09, 2012
ndu_chucks: I overheard (don't ask me for details) that if a merger of political parties results in a potentially winning solution, PDP will ask GEJ not to contest and tell the nation that he is a man of his words, in order to save the party. PDP will then present a credible, progressive, and formidable candidate from the North, and a credible and popular VP candidate from the South (Soludo, Anyim, and others come to mind. Akala will not be considered for anything lipsrsealed.

May God keep us 'till then

My brother, you "overheard" nothing grin grin grin grin You are only stating your own opinion - and quite an intelligent one also. Alas, your thinking has one major flaw - it does not tally with the 'mentality' of the PDP. At the Presidential Level, the PDP is not willing to support any "credible and progressive" candidate who will tamper with what the Party is solely about i.e the central control, through the FG, of Nigeria's wealth for disbursement to members if the "owners of Nigeria" club.

Yes the PDP might support a popular candidate but certainly not a progressive one and direct history bears this out with how the likes of Donald Duke could not even be considered VP to Yar Adua while others who are mediocrity personified were chosen. Watch and you will see.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Gbawe: 2:31pm On Jun 09, 2012
afam4eva: @Gbawe
Your last two posts just show that you don't know much about Nigeria. Are you suggesting that the fact that Yorubas make up 90 percent of the lagos cabinet, that means the statistics is similar in other endeavour in Lagos? I think that's a very faulty line of reasoning. Economic or Social prowess does not translate to political prowess. Even if Lagos is 90 persent Igbo, that won't change the fact that those representing Lagos will be majorly Yorubas. This is Nigeria and not US or the UK where population means everything.

Look, stop being obtuse and vacuously pedantic. My point is that certain folks always claim superiority regarding everything they deem good in Lagos while they engage in ungracious, disrespectful and wholesale disenfranchisement of others. Well, their argument should have consistency. I am not and never will be the one to ungraciously claims the Yorubas as vastly superior to others. Therefore I have nothing to prove to you. I am simply saying the exaggerated and hypocritical claims of others (numbers, wealth, property ownership, etc) is severely rubbished by their virtually non-existent presence in elective political positions.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Afam4eva(m): 2:43pm On Jun 09, 2012
Gbawe:

Look, stop being obtuse and vacuously pedantic. My point is that certain folks always ungraciously claim superiority regarding everything in Lagos while they engage in ungracious, disrespectful and wholesale disenfranchisement of others. Well, their argument should have consistency. I am not and never will be the one to ungraciously claims the Yorubas as vastly superior to others. Therefore I have nothing to prove to you. I am simply saying the claims of others (numbers, wealth, property ownership, etc) is severely rubbished by their virtually non-existent presence in elective political positions.
In your attempt to address folks that claim superiority overs others, you can chosen the path of ignorance. El Rufai, while he was the minister of the FCT claimed that Igbos owned 70% of Abuja, now have you seen any Igbo person representing even his street in Abua in the scheme of things? Lagos happens to be the most cosmopolitan city in Nigeria in terms of several variables such as personnel, economy, social, language but not politics and that's because only indigenes can represent Lagos in the scheme of things. That does not remotely mean anything.

1 Like

Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by PeterKbaba: 2:47pm On Jun 09, 2012
Gbawe:

No, because this is not about wealth alone. Go and read above to note the opinion that "the only Yoruba enclaves in Lagos are Obalende, Epe, Badagry and to some extent Ikorudu". Combine that deliberate dishonesty with what is stated regularly on NL, to note that the claim of non-Yoruba superiority in Lagos extends to population and just about everything also. The Yorubas are even "tenants" in Lagos and we are told inanely that the State would "collapse" if others take their wealth out.

My point then is that, if you have the numbers and the cash then why is your "control" not seen in perhaps the most important sector i.e that which shapes the direction of the State? Did you not note this in my response that you quoted?

my brother, the is a huge difference btw other few numbers of indigiens who own companies and employ people in Lagos, there are the most important people to us in Lagos... not really the number of citizens from other states. the fact that people rent homes or goes to work is irrelevant.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Demdem(m): 2:59pm On Jun 09, 2012
jason123:

Demdem, I will not insult GEJ. Nevertheless, if (don't write him off because he may surprise Nigeria, who knows?) he does continue, then the merger stands a chance!!

Saying it as it is isnt an insult but the truth. He failed in bayelsa and is the truth ok. I dont share ur optimism so goodluck to that
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Gbawe: 3:06pm On Jun 09, 2012
afam4eva:
In your attempt to address folks that claim superiority overs others, you can chosen the path of ignorance. El Rufai, while he was the minister of the FCT claimed that Igbos owned 70% of Abuja, now have you seen any Igbo person representing even his street in Abua in the scheme of things? Lagos happens to be the most cosmopolitan city in Nigeria in terms of several variables such as personnel, economy, social, language but not politics and that's because only indigenes can represent Lagos in the scheme of things. That does not remotely mean anything.

My guy, you are the ignorant one here and this is why you keep making assumptions and saying the same thing in different ways. This is the politics sections and we all know that the non-Yorubas who claim they have the superior numbers in Lagos , for the purposes of discussion on this forum, do so to directly infer that they influence how Lagos votes. Simple. End of story.

Well, with such "influence", why not put up non-Yoruba candidates and win easily everywhere since it is non-Yorubas who "control" many areas that will be voting ?

Is it not foolish to continuously brag that you have the power but prefer to use it 'kingmaking' for others only? You really should stop the convoluted talk because you are only confusing yourself.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Demdem(m): 3:15pm On Jun 09, 2012
careytommy:
That was what Ayatollah Buhari thought and when he lost,

Because it happened then doesnt mean it will happen again. The people are getting wiser leaving u behind

he immediately called for the heads of all southern corpers.

Liar, prove it if u are not a coward

Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by aljharem(m): 3:21pm On Jun 09, 2012
Please No Yorubas should get involved in this Lagos talk or SW talk.

Just be watching, you all have made your points clear. Sometimes it is better to talkless and do more. Thanks

@ Gbawe etc nagowa lasaca etc and other Yoruba and northerners. Please talkless, thanks

You all are just talking to tribalistic set of people.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Demdem(m): 3:23pm On Jun 09, 2012
kaeto: for now GEJ has not impressed as president

Good u have acknowledge this

but while as governor he didn't fail for the few months there, he built 13 mega bridges and OBJ visited BY 4 project commissioning at least 10times,he scored some points there so no cheap talks please.

My friend please shut the ffuck up. u are fast sounding like Abati now. Kindly put me to shame by naming those "mega" bridges u are referring to. At least i can confirm this because i have been in this zone for close to a decade now. besdides, bayelsa isnt PH where OBJ kept coming when Odili was on the throne.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Demdem(m): 3:28pm On Jun 09, 2012
Yeske!:
For your mind abi?

u get brain at all?
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by nduchucks: 3:42pm On Jun 09, 2012
Gbawe:

My brother, you "overheard" nothing grin grin grin grin You are only stating your own opinion - and quite an intelligent one also. Alas, your thinking has one major flaw - it does not tally with the 'mentality' of the PDP. At the Presidential Level, the PDP is not willing to support any "credible and progressive" candidate who will tamper with what the Party is solely about i.e the central control, through the FG, of Nigeria's wealth for disbursement to members if the "owners of Nigeria" club.

Yes the PDP might support a popular candidate but certainly not a progressive one and direct history bears this out with how the likes of Donald Duke could not even be considered VP to Yar Adua while others who are mediocrity personified were chosen. Watch and you will see.

Gbawe!! oro e ti su mi. smiley

I think the PDP, for the first time, is beginning to realize that if they do not change, they will lose power at the Presidential level. They just may be willing to make the move I referenced in my post when they see the handwriting on the wall that their game is over. If the PDP is not ready to change, the party will not win in 2015 - that's all there is to it.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Chinom(m): 3:45pm On Jun 09, 2012
Gbawe:

CRASS IGNORANCE !!. Nigeria has an Indigene clause in it's constitution which excludes non-indigenes from contesting elections or representing the people of a state. A yoruba man from Ogun state(next door neighbour)CANNOT contest for the house of assemly in Lagos state. There are moves in the National assembly to remove the ïndigene clause and replace it with residency and place of birth.An Igboman born and bred in Obalende cannot make the ACN list of candidates for the house of assembly. However, a political party can take a ridical step and nominate a non indigene,but the reality is that most party members will oppose that.
Tinubu and the ACN makes sure that only indigenous Lagosians are elected for any post i the state. So, a Yoruba man from Ibadan has no chance.It's covered by the constitution.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Chinom(m): 3:51pm On Jun 09, 2012
..... in addition to my earlier comment, an Enugu state indigene will not make it to the house of assembly in Anambra. So it's not perculier to Lagos state. This applies all over the federation.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jun 09, 2012
PDP is not losing Aso Rock soon. CPC/ACN merger is soon enough to give PDP room to strategise. Lets not forget that Boko Haram will not even allow elections to hold in the North, so Tinubu should think well before venturing into ACN suicide.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by 1025: 3:57pm On Jun 09, 2012
not with jega as the inec chairman. and not with clear eyes. pdp is a cult and everybody appointed to any sensitive position is a member. God's intervention is all we need.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Afam4eva(m): 3:59pm On Jun 09, 2012
Chinom:

CRASS IGNORANCE !!. Nigeria has an Indigene clause in it's constitution which excludes non-indigenes from contesting elections or representing the people of a state. A yoruba man from Ogun state(next door neighbour)CANNOT contest for the house of assemly in Lagos state. There are moves in the National assembly to remove the ïndigene clause and replace it with residency and place of birth.An Igboman born and bred in Obalende cannot make the ACN list of candidates for the house of assembly. However, a political party can take a ridical step and nominate a non indigene,but the reality is that most party members will oppose that.
Tinubu and the ACN makes sure that only indigenous Lagosians are elected for any post i the state. So, a Yoruba man from Ibadan has no chance.It's covered by the constitution.
Thanks you jare. Some people talk as if they've never stepped foot in Nigeria.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by jason123: 4:00pm On Jun 09, 2012
Chinom:

afam4eva:
Thanks you jare. Some people talk as if they've never stepped foot in Nigeria.

Tinubu is from Osun and he ruled Lagos.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by jason123: 4:01pm On Jun 09, 2012
Chinom:

Ode, did an Igbo man not contest in the last election? Is he an indigene of Lagos?
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by jason123: 4:05pm On Jun 09, 2012
Chinom:

Ignoramus, was a Yoruba woman not part of the representatives of Adamawa state in the last adminstration? Is she an indigene?
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by jason123: 4:06pm On Jun 09, 2012
Senator Grace Folashade Bent is a Yoruba woman but represents Southern Adamawa senatorial district in the Senate. In this interview with Sunday Trust, she gives reasons why she crossed the mountains to Adamawa state to be married to Major Jackson Bent (rtd), her relationship with her in-laws, and how she operates, being one of the few women in a male-dominated National Assembly. Excerpts:

Distinguished, you are from the South West. We would like you to tell us how you met your husband, considering the fact that he is from the north east. How were you able to fall in love with him, what were the sweet things he told you that made you ignore the long distance?

I am a very spiritual person, and I believe in destiny. In life, God has a plan and purpose for every individual. God has the blueprint for our lives. He orders our steps. He knows where we are going even before we were formed in the womb.

Read the rest of the story here:

http://www.sunday.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2606:my-world-as-a-yoruba-woman-married-to-a-bachama-soldier-senator-bent&catid=57:cover&Itemid=126

Senator Grace Folashade Bent
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Afam4eva(m): 4:07pm On Jun 09, 2012
jason123:

Tinubu is from Osun and he ruled Lagos.
Do you any concrete proof?
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by bittyend(m): 4:08pm On Jun 09, 2012
These fools are still arguing the ownership of Lagos smh..

You don't make up 20% of Lagos.. There are more Hausas and Benin/Delta axis folks in Lagos than you lot, get over yourselves and go drink palm oil.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? / Court Fails To Give Judgement In Femi Fani-kayodes Case / Edo Governorship Election: I Am Not Afraid Of Ize-Iyamu – Obaseki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.