Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge (17454 Views)

Poll:

This Logic is True: 52% (140 votes)
I totally disagree: 26% (70 votes)
I cannot say for sure: 21% (57 votes)
This poll has ended

All Progressive Congress (APC) Party: ANPP, CPC, ACN And APGA Finally Merged / ANPP, CPC, ACN To Become One By April – Shekarau / CPC & ACN Merger Faces Challenge From Stakeholders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by aljharem(m): 6:32am On Jun 09, 2012
Someone must answer this question, why and why must ACN/CPC field in an Igbo man when we have El-rufia, Rochas, Fashola, Pat Utomi, Ben-bruce etc ?

These people are Nigerian and not IGBOs,Yoruba and Hausa.

so why must they field in an igbo man
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by kaeto(m): 6:32am On Jun 09, 2012
Beaf:

I always picture you as a pot bellied man with yellow eyes, big brown teeth and very thin wobbly k-legs; very short and very stup!d.

Nematode.
sits on my lavatory n laugh helplessly as i read this.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by lagcity(m): 6:45am On Jun 09, 2012
I see Igbo bigots popping off here and exhibiting the crab syndrome. But they are eerily inactive for a people who say they are interested in power. Igbos sit their black asses in the East, not building bridges, not doing shit but still expect all the parties to adopt Igboman as flagbearer! What kind of people are these for christ-sake?
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Akshow: 6:48am On Jun 09, 2012
kellysopy:

fym! u fink an hausa man will allow yoruba to rule dis country after what Obj did to them.
dey wil rada go 4 a yoruba muslim 100 tyms ova an ibo.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by OmoTier1(m): 7:22am On Jun 09, 2012
As someone from the SS, come 2015, just like I did in the last election, I will NOT vote GEJ! I know too well he has nothing to offer Nigeria and if ACN/CPC can merge and produce two candidates of good repute, I will jump on the plane again to NAIA to go cast my vote!
I am tired of the wickedness of PDP criminals! If you want any indication of what progress Nigeria will make after PDP is kicked out from ASO Rock, take a look at those states where PDP was sent packing, they have witness positive change albeit still little by where thy ought to be!
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Yeske2(m): 8:11am On Jun 09, 2012
Demdem:

says who? do ur calculation well. the whole North,SW, middle belt and few numbers from this zone is enough
For your mind abi?
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by bashr8: 8:31am On Jun 09, 2012
alj harem: why and why MUST ACN and CPC field in an Igbo man if he is incompetent ?

Chai !!!! this country needs to split, too many cow brain dey this country

IF ACN/CPC field in an Ijaw like Ben Bruce, Is there anything wrong with that ?

Why can't we think outside this bracket of tribalism that has robbered this great country of her rights ?

SMDH
exactly they should field sullivan chime, or rochas or even ngige or soludo there are so many competent and popular people fromt he southeast why must it be buhari that failed before or tinubu the curruption master.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by bashr8: 8:33am On Jun 09, 2012
lagcity: I see Igbo bigots popping off here and exhibiting the crab syndrome. But they are eerily inactive for a people who say they are interested in power. Igbos sit their black asses in the East, not building bridges, not doing shit but still expect all the parties to adopt Igboman as flagbearer! What kind of people are these for christ-sake?
shut up there nama, who told u we dont have a plan ? we have made it clear that we will be bringing out a candidate , we are only trying to help retards like u understand that ur made in hell alliance of cpc and acn will fail without an igbo candidate, dullards u people will never learn , well na buhari i pity he will cry again.

1 Like

Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by bashr8: 8:35am On Jun 09, 2012
Omo_Tier1: As someone from the SS, come 2015, just like I did in the last election, I will NOT vote GEJ! I know too well he has nothing to offer Nigeria and if ACN/CPC can merge and produce two candidates of good repute, I will jump on the plane again to NAIA to go cast my vote!
I am tired of the wickedness of PDP criminals! If you want any indication of what progress Nigeria will make after PDP is kicked out from ASO Rock, take a look at those states where PDP was sent packing, they have witness positive change albeit still little by where thy ought to be!

we heard that before , in as much as i hate pdp too there is no difference betwen pdp states and non pdp states. lets call a spade what it is , these are same politicians different parties
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by oadah(m): 8:42am On Jun 09, 2012
It so funny to read all these confused analysis.

ACN + CPC merger will definately fail even if you bring Obj from PDP into it (that's if the merger eventually works)
Tinubu is irrelevant to national politics so is Buhari cos they don't have the backing of the "elders council"
They could be popular but they CAN'T and NEVER will be voted or allowed to recommend someone to a national political level.

GEJ will not run for 2015, this is just diversionary tactics
He will handover to David Mark from the north central who will amalgamate the power brokers in Nigerian and win a landslide victory.

Nigerian national politics at the moment is beyond the people, the elders negotiate and the people are carried along and every body is settled at the end of the day.

PDP will still be the rulling party, Tinubu wil be settled as usual, Buhari will go to court as usual and waste another 3yrs there.

Someone please mark/save my post, you will need to refer to it later.

1 Like

Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by bashr8: 8:52am On Jun 09, 2012
oadah: It so funny to read all these confused analysis.

ACN + CPC merger will definately fail even if you bring Obj from PDP into it (that's if the merger eventually works)
Tinubu is irrelevant to national politics so is Buhari cos they don't have the backing of the "elders council"
They could be popular but they CAN'T and NEVER will be voted or allowed to recommend someone to a national political level.

GEJ will not run for 2015, this is just diversionary tactics
He will handover to David Mark from the north central who will amalgamate the power brokers in Nigerian and win a landslide victory.

Nigerian national politics at the moment is beyond the people, the elders negotiate and the people are carried along and every body is settled at the end of the day.

PDP will still be the rulling party, Tinubu wil be settled as usual, Buhari will go to court as usual and waste another 3yrs there.

Someone please mark/save my post, you will need to refer to it later.
thats why i tell them if cpc and acn merge apge and field an igbo president that will automatically win votes from south east and south south plus whatever the north and west can gather from acn and cpc but they wont listen . not as if its guarenteed but so far thats the best that can be done to kick pdp out .

1 Like

Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Johndoe100(m): 8:53am On Jun 09, 2012
It never ends, this NL wishful thinking. PDP is the only true party. Just as you plan so do we. Anyway we have always known that NL is the place to come and fantasize about things cannot do in the real world. Let me add to the fantasy. PDP will immediatey disband out of fear when and if the merger takes place.

1 Like

Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Gbawe: 9:28am On Jun 09, 2012
bashr8: exactly they should field sullivan chime, or rochas or even ngige or soludo there are so many competent and popular people fromt he southeast why must it be buhari that failed before or tinubu the curruption master.

Is this not the heights of hypocrisy and personal lack of principles? ACN and CPC you lampoon 24/7 should now "field" Chime, Rochas or Soludo? So these Parties you tag as connected to ethnic groups you hate and demonize daily should now field an Igbo candidate? You are confused . Abeg, remain consistent in hatred.

@Topic.

It is like Atiku said. Zoning is dead. Let everyone fight for it and let those who have taken time to respect everyone, build Political machinery and alliances use those things however they see fit. It is not only about making mouth vacuously and insulting others from different ethnic groups ,and with contrary views, as we see from many Nairalanders and the Dokubo-Asaris of the world . Folks can say what they want and predict as they wish. All I see here , with the dismissal of the chances of an ACN and CPC merger, is dishonest revisionism borne of self-deciet. The sort that makes some from the SS, as if we were all on Mars, speak as if GEJ won the election with 'superman' might and without the support of the North and the SW to the extent those regions can be discountenanced in future.

We were all on NL during the elections thrashing out issues and I remember that many of the discussants here , including myself, Jarus, OYB et al, distinctly stated that the only chance of the opposition winning was for the ACN and CPC to merge with all support and mobilisation going towards the Presidential candidate of any merged entity. It was obvious this is the only way to defeat a Ruling Party masterful at rigging and not at all shy to use our armed forces partisanly and throw all Nigeria's wealth (subsidy scam, empty ECA et al) towards seeking an election win. The merger did not happen and the rest is history.

If it happens early, this time around, and all are committed to it, then the PDP will be in for a real fight. For example, what Aregbesola pulled off in Osun, for Ribadu, will happen in more States across the SW for any candidate a CPC and ACN coalition genuinely settle on and back financially. Those who followed events on NL with us, and not these new revisionists pandering to hate more than to anything else, know that Tinubu and many others lost interest in the Presidential race when the merger failed last time around.

If Tinubu, El Rufai, Fashola, Buhari and many others have a real stake in candidates that are produced through a merger, then I expect we will see robust financial and physical mobilisation, till the end, motivated by a real belief that a defeat of the PDP's Presidential candidate is very possible with everyone getting what they want since we all know politics remains a game of permanent interest. No need for any prediction that, to me, only reveal the fear of folks. Let everyone fight for it as Atiku declared. Opari. Let PDP and its Political friends do their thing. Let the opposition do its thing also. Let the best alliance win.

1 Like

Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by kennytidistar(m): 9:50am On Jun 09, 2012
if Jonah could won 2/3 of the last election let all the political parties merge PDP will still win simple analysis.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by PeterKbaba: 9:57am On Jun 09, 2012
Billyonaire: Tribalism in 2015 again ? PDP, the originator of the Rotational presidency has aborted it. These tribalism is only on Nairaland.

Why is it that igbo's hate other tribes, they dont want to relate, but you want other tribes to just wake up and vote for them.... we the yorubas made that silly mistake with jonathan... We allowed sentiment take over us, thinking a southerner is our closest brother.. Well Jonathan got in as president and locked us all outside. We are no fool, we wont make the same mistake twice.

1 Like

Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Afam4eva(m): 10:04am On Jun 09, 2012
Some people wonder why PDP will continue to win national elections in Nigeria. The reason is not far fetched. It is because PDP has this nationalistic disposition and is not entirely controlled by one region and parties like ACN and CPC should borrow a leaf from them. If ACN and CPC merges today, it will be seen as a union of the SW and core North. That's why they need to stretch out hands of fellowship to other regions if they want to get something tangible, else they should focus on the regional politics that they're known for.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Nobody: 10:04am On Jun 09, 2012
PeterKbaba:

Why is it that igbo's hate other tribes, they dont want to relate, but you want other tribes to just wake up and vote for them.... we the yorubas made that silly mistake with jonathan... We allowed sentiment take over us, thinking a southerner is our closest brother.. Well Jonathan got in as president and locked us all outside. We are no fool, we wont make the same mistake twice.
Speak for thyself, and not for the entire Western Region, Should I remind you that LAGOS alone is more populous than the rest of the Western States put together ? And Do I need to remind you that we have more non-yorubas in Lagos than Yorubas, You need to sometimes shut-up and think before becoming unelected yoruba reps.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Nobody: 10:11am On Jun 09, 2012
afam4eva: Some people wonder why PDP will continue to win national elections in Nigeria. The reason is not far fetched. It is because PDP has this nationalistic disposition and is not entirely controlled by one region and parties like ACN and CPC should borrow a leaf from them. If ACN and CPC merges today, it will be seen as a union of the SW and core North. That's why they need to stretch out hands of fellowship to other regions if they want to get something tangible, else they should focus on the regional politics that they're known for.
Word! Instead of Buhari and Tinubu, expanding their different parties to accommodate other climes, dialect and tribes, they are Tribal warlords, the very Ugly Tinubu is bent on Yorubanizing ACN and Buhari is reping the Hausa/Fulani born-to-rule syndrome. I keep saying, WE NEED NEW FACES, but these old goats would let new faces come in, Yaradua won cos he was fresh blood, Goodluck won cos he was fresh blood, the people need change, if there will be an ACN/CPC, that must win Aso Rock, neither Buhari nor Tinubu should be in the equation, it wont balance, but then, both are not going to give chance to the new faces, and thats their destruction. I can never vote a Buhari-Tinubu combo. It was Tunde Idiagbon that run this country during Buhari era,and not Buha
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Nobody: 10:17am On Jun 09, 2012
If there is indeed a genuine pact, Fasola-El-Rufai Combo is a serious threat to PDP.

Having Buhari on the ticket is a sure way to lose.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Afam4eva(m): 10:20am On Jun 09, 2012
bayooooooo: If there is indeed a genuine pact, Fasola-El-Rufai Combo is a serious threat to PDP.

Having Buhari on the ticket is a sure way to lose.
Apart from the fact that Fashola and El-Rufai are technocrats, they're bound to loose woefully at the polls because they're not known politicians. So, saying that they will be a threat to PDP is laughable.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by PeterKbaba: 10:21am On Jun 09, 2012
Billyonaire: Speak for thyself, and not for the entire Western Region, Should I remind you that LAGOS alone is more populous than the rest of the Western States put together ? And Do I need to remind you that we have more non-yorubas in Lagos than Yorubas, You need to sometimes shut-up and think before becoming unelected yoruba reps.

Quite wgat you are high on, whats ur point.

WHY WE MUST VOTE FASHOLA AS PRESIDENT......... YOU SHOULD WATCH THIS PLS AND COMPARE A LAGOS STATE GOVERNOR TO THE PRESENT PRESIDENT!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbw__jP7zXc&feature=BFa&list=UUh_x1EANObKl_UwkVaAiq-Q

1 Like

Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by olyivy(f): 10:25am On Jun 09, 2012
duni04:
The level of stupidity of some people is just amazing. Here we are languishing because of the effects of this rubbish zoning to the south south thing through which jonathan assumed the presidency and someone is suggesting ww zone to the south east again, even mentioning chris ngige! Who the hell is chris ngige and what the hell has he done to merit being president? Nigerians will never learn from their mistakes. Country of stupid people. People get the leaders they deserve afterall. If you like, ignore the likes of fashola and other competent hands in 2015 and vote for ngige. IDiots!
Look how bitter you are and yet you think you wont continue to languish. You dont want ss or se or Ngige to be mentioned cos you dont know who the hell Ngige is?!! shocked. He is someone who did in 3 years what Fashola did not do in 5!
If you think Ngige is not competent, then there is no competent hand in your SW.

1 Like

Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by PeterKbaba: 10:28am On Jun 09, 2012
olyivy:
Look how bitter you are and yet you think you wont continue to languish. You dont want ss or se or Ngige to be mentioned cos you dont know who the hell Ngige is?!! shocked. He is someone who did in 3 years what Fashola did not do in 5!
If you think Ngige is not competent, then there is no competent hand in your SW.

No one is disputing the fact that Ngigi is a good democrat and technocrat ... Ngige would be the senate president.

Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by femmy2010(m): 10:37am On Jun 09, 2012
bashr8: why must it be buhari that failed before?

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthuasiasm.
It is never a crime to fail before.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by benzion72(m): 10:49am On Jun 09, 2012
Will Igbo ever get a chance to govern this nation? Azikwe GEJ is there now. And we can all see his good work. Joke apart Igbo people love of money and betrayal will never allow them to rule this nation. We all remembered when the senate seat was zoned to South East during OBJ era. We had so many of them from Chuba Okadigbo, Enwerem, Adolpus Wabara and Anyim Pius Anyim.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 09, 2012
afam4eva:
Apart from the fact that Fashola and El-Rufai are technocrats, they're bound to loose woefully at the polls because they're not known politicians. So, saying that they will be a threat to PDP is laughable.

Who is a politician?
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Afam4eva(m): 10:53am On Jun 09, 2012
bayooooooo:

Who is a politician?
There's "known" before politician.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by monkeyleg: 10:57am On Jun 09, 2012
@Beaf,

you are still believing this your shiet. Honestly can you say you are enjoying this government You dont have to tell us , but in your quiet corner, when in bed with your Oga, please ask yourself, and you will see his has been a very selfish lover grin
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Nobody: 11:02am On Jun 09, 2012
afam4eva:
There's "known" before politician.

If Fasola and El-Rufai are not known politicians, Who are the known politicians?
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by lacasa: 11:02am On Jun 09, 2012
Beaf:

I always picture you as a pot bellied man with yellow eyes, big brown teeth and very thin wobbly k-legs; very short and very stup!d.

Nematode.

Atleast, wt ds description i αv all D̶̲̥̅̊ attributtes of a Man, a Humanbeing, tnk God

Bt U̶̲̥̅̊, r an animal like i said

U̶̲̥̅̊ r nt up τ̅o a humanbeing's standard

U̶̲̥̅̊ r a lower animal wt a big mouth (cos of oversucking GEJ's d.ick all day),
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by seyigiggle: 11:05am On Jun 09, 2012
PapaBrowne: What has become pretty obvious is that the tactlessness of the opposition is the main reason why the PDP will keep winning elections!
In presidential elections only two things count.
1) National Personality
2) National Political Structure

Nigeria is a very diverse country. If you have one and lack the other forget victory. ACN fielded Ribadu in the last elections but the South West overwhelmingly voted Jonathan.
Buhari has being defined as a regional candidate and therefore would never win an election.

PDP wins elections because, BAD AS IT IS, it is the only National party. If the opposition wants victory, they must look beyond regionalism and focus on building a new party that has structures enough to counter the PDP.

VERY CORRECT MY GUY.
OBJ IS THE MOST INTELLIGENT POLITICIAN I HAVE EVER READ ABOUT IN THE NIGERIAN POLITICC.
HE KNOWS HOW TO SAFE GUARD HIS INTEREST.
HE KNEW WAHT HE WAS DOING BY FLYING VARIOUS POLITICAL PARTIES, HE MORE THE OPPOSITION PARTIES THE LESS THEIR STRENGTH.
EVEN ATIKU TRIED IT AND FAILED, HE HAD TO GO BACK BECAUSE HE WAS SMART O REALISE THIS FACT.
ALL OPPOSITION PARTIES REGARDLES OF REGION SHOULD MERGE BEFORE THEY CAN THINK OF GETTING THE PRESIDENCY.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Abubakar Momoh Is Dead / Court Of Appeal Clears Soludo As APGA’s Candidate / Ngige Leads Other Candidates In Pre-election Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.