Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:39 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (184) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (513162 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 9:30am On Nov 11, 2012
@lft, are u set with accomodation?, just checking on you...all the best...I heard its getting colder in Winnipeg...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 10:33am On Nov 11, 2012
@Spenser, how every...good to go?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 11:03am On Nov 11, 2012
earthgreeners: @lft, are u set with accomodation?, just checking on you...all the best...I heard its getting colder in Winnipeg...

Assalaamu 'alaykum wr wb my brother
Jazaka l-Ahu khayran.

I have applied to school residence and I have been placed on the waiting list but is said does not mean a guaranteed accommodation. In the interim, I am trying to arrange with a friend and my sister there is also trying to do all she can to arrange with her friends.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by omosanyaolak(m): 12:30pm On Nov 11, 2012
@all, there shall be showers of blessing this week, which will include medical call and TRV. Can somebody say a loud AMEN?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 12:36pm On Nov 11, 2012
^^^AMEN!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 1:19pm On Nov 11, 2012
omosanyaolak: @all, there shall be showers of blessing this week, which will include medical call and TRV. Can somebody say a loud AMEN?

AMIN! AMIN!! AMIN!!! NI ORUKO JESU.

My application wld clock the 12th week this week.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 1:50pm On Nov 11, 2012
@lillawow, I foresee a positive response dis week.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dreamxml(m): 1:55pm On Nov 11, 2012
@Everyone...
Not sure if this is the rite thread to post this.
I wanna know if there are any Pilot students presently in Canada from Nigeria or the UK.
I currently reside in the UK and looking at relocating to Canada for my Professional Pilot Training.
I am certain a study permit is required init?
Would appreciate if someone points me in the rite direction.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 2:13pm On Nov 11, 2012
@yungokus,
You shud be 13 weeks this week. I pray for favour for you in Jesus name.
@Siga,
A colleague of mine(I work with an Int'l Org) left for stouffville college Jan 2012.'Sub-standard' is a strong word. Stouffville, last time I checked was accredited by the Canadian Government. The difference I know is that unlike most other canadian colleges, u aren't entitled to a work permit (even after 6months).
@lovesavvi, be what you wanna be, just proof that's what you wanna be. Developed countries seeking immigrants (assuming Canada was evaluating you for this purpose), want people who do what they do because they have a dream and believe in it, work towards it and can proof this not people who want anything just to get there.
Believe in yourself first and convincing others will be easier. I wish you the best. Sorry if I sound tough on you, but that is the standard I set for myself. Canada or not, my dream will see the light of day.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 2:24pm On Nov 11, 2012
I pray this week shall bring forth plenty of medicals and trvs to us. In Jesus Name. Amennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 2:27pm On Nov 11, 2012
Amen. @ Omo this is your week, you, lutobi, Efosa may God grant us all favour in Jesus name.
omosanyaolak: @all, there shall be showers of blessing this week, which will include medical call and TRV. Can somebody say a loud AMEN?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 3:07pm On Nov 11, 2012
@ TRV_IJN ....Stouffville is an Accredited Private college....I never said its not accredited, all I said was its not on the same level as other colleges, like Seneca, Humber or George Brown...the fact that u cant work after even 6months of full studies says it all....sidebar...the city Stouffville is where we go buy cars at auction...@ Fhemmmy ...thats the only big thing happening there...now, I have experienced situations where a visa officer told me change my school from a private college to a reputable college to get my multiple visa...theis was when I was a student trying to apply for multiple visa and was denied by the Canadian embassy at Buffalo....please correct me if I am wrong...@lovesavvi ...I dont really have an expert opinion here....U can still reapply, but u have to present ur case better....also, when u reapply with same or different school....try to pay at least 50% of the tuition...that helps too....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 3:29pm On Nov 11, 2012
Better said @Siga. The choice is now Lovesavvi's but she is now aided with clearer info from you.
Cheers man. I like ur maturity.
Siga: @ TRV_IJN ....Stouffville is an Accredited Private college....I never said its not accredited, all I said was its not on the same level as other colleges, like Seneca, Humber or George Brown...the fact that u cant work after even 6months of full studies says it all....sidebar...the city Stouffville is where we go buy cars at auction...@ Fhemmmy ...thats the only big thing happening there...now, I have experienced situations where a visa officer told me change my school from a private college to a reputable college to get my multiple visa...theis was when I was a student trying to apply for multiple visa and was denied by the Canadian embassy at Buffalo....please correct me if I am wrong...@lovesavvi ...I dont really have an expert opinion here....U can still reapply, but u have to present ur case better....also, when u reapply with same or different school....try to pay at least 50% of the tuition...that helps too....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 3:38pm On Nov 11, 2012
@lovesavvi ....If you decide to change school, please make sure there is a flow from wat u are now with wat u plan to be....I did Electrical and came for IT....for u...physics/electronics....there is a Post Graduate course I did at Humber College ...Wireless Telecommunications...I did it, its a 2 semester course and I got a work permit after...if u are interested...u may look into that....Now...if u choose to go this route...u need to write a convincing letter on why u changed ur program and school...its a tough nut to crack ...God dey...keep in mind...wherever God promises u will get to in life...nothing can shake it...I was once refused British Study Visa and refused Canadian Visa (one in Naija and one when I was in canada)...but today...I am a citizen...I have a friend that was denied 3 times for naija...we did the visa wahala together back then...and 4 yrs later...they approved his PR...so, dont panic...keep moving...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by surecan: 3:52pm On Nov 11, 2012
Siga: @lovesavvi ....If you decide to change school, please make sure there is a flow from wat u are now with wat u plan to be....I did Electrical and came for IT....for u...physics/electronics....there is a Post Graduate course I did at Humber College ...Wireless Telecommunications...I did it, its a 2 semester course and I got a work permit after...if u are interested...u may look into that....Now...if u choose to go this route...u need to write a convincing letter on why u changed ur program and school...its a tough nut to crack ...God dey...keep in mind...wherever God promises u will get to in life...nothing can shake it...I was once refused British Study Visa and refused Canadian Visa (one in Naija and one when I was in canada)...but today...I am a citizen...I have a friend that was denied 3 times for naija...we did the visa wahala together back then...and 4 yrs later...they approved his PR...so, dont panic...keep moving...

@Siga,i expected your suggestion on my former question pls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 3:54pm On Nov 11, 2012
surecan:

@Siga,i expected your suggestion on my former question pls
...My bad...can u post it again...I beg no vex...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by surecan: 3:58pm On Nov 11, 2012
Please house,a friend want to go for 2 years pg diploma programme and he is a self sponsored with one wife and one child,and the wife is working,both wife and children are not going with him now,and he have 4 million in his account,then tuition fees is 11k dollars,can he use this to apply for visa.Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 4:03pm On Nov 11, 2012
surecan: Please house,a friend want to go for 2 years pg diploma programme and he is a self sponsored with one wife and one child,and the wife is working,both wife and children are not going with him now,and he have 4 million in his account,then tuition fees is 11k dollars,can he use this to apply for visa.Thank you
... Yes...no prob at all... the tuition is around N1.8m....now, it will be nice if he can pay at least $7,000 ...that alone puts him in a better situation to present his case....now, advise that he puts his wife's job letter, bank acct ....this is to show that he has enough support besides wat he has personally....also, tell him to ask put in all his tax returns papers...and write a letter indicating his business will keep running while he is gone...that his wife will be in charge....that with his family sitting back creates a tie to Naija....how much cash flow monthly?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by surecan: 4:10pm On Nov 11, 2012
Siga: ... Yes...no prob at all... the tuition is around N1.8m....now, it will be nice if he can pay at least $7,000 ...that alone puts him in a better situation to present his case....now, advise that he puts his wife's job letter, bank acct ....this is to show that he has enough support besides wat he has personally....also, tell him to ask put in all his tax returns papers...and write a letter indicating his business will keep running while he is gone...that his wife will be in charge....that with his family sitting back creates a tie to Naija....how much cash flow monthly?

His salary after deductions shows about 250k but more than 350k on pay slip,and mainly is his company that want to sponsor him but he don't want issue with sponsor not credible so he intend to be the sponsor while the company will be the co sponsor,the wife work,i don't think she pays tax oo,and her statement of account may not be run properly but she have up to 500k in the account.He also have properties that wort about 4.5 million.He dont have a personal company. thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 4:16pm On Nov 11, 2012
surecan:

His salary after deductions shows about 250k but more than 350k on pay slip,and mainly is his company that want to sponsor him but he don't want issue with sponsor not credible so he intend to be the sponsor while the company will be the co sponsor,the wife work,i don't think she pays tax oo,and her statement of account may not be run properly but she have up to 500k in the account.He also have properties that wort about 4.5 million.He dont have a personal company. thanks
..If u dont mind me asking...this is sounding more like u are the applicant we dey talk about here...moving on....if his company is the co-sponsor...thats fine...the prog he is going for...is it related to wat he is doing now?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by surecan: 4:27pm On Nov 11, 2012
Siga: ..If u dont mind me asking...this is sounding more like u are the applicant we dey talk about here...moving on....if his company is the co-sponsor...thats fine...the prog he is going for...is it related to wat he is doing now?

Yes the programme is related,and do you think he should submit the wife account too making it 3 sponsors or him and the company is ok,can you reply my mail sent to you since yesterday
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 4:31pm On Nov 11, 2012
surecan:

Yes the programme is related,and do you think he should submit the wife account too making it 3 sponsors or him and the company is ok,can you reply my mail sent to you since yesterday
he need not use his wife as sponsor...I believe its just to support his application to show his wife has a job and can support herself and kid while he is gone...I had my mail wrong yesterday....its noshaking2012@gmail.com...can u send it again
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 11, 2012
I pray for more trv's and medicals this week.
@Franksteve, hw far?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by niyimeg: 6:45pm On Nov 11, 2012
please house::::::have got a paper from the local government where i was born so can i use that as a certificate? or should i go and get the one from NPC....tnx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 7:04pm On Nov 11, 2012
niyimeg: please house::::::have got a paper from the local government where i was born so can i use that as a certificate? or should i go and get the one from NPC....tnx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mosquitoway: 8:34pm On Nov 11, 2012
adexcube: I got a mail yesterday and the person said he is from this forum, pls try and just quote this msg and write something. Just want to confirm. Thank you.
i dnt really know how to do anything on this nairaland as i am not used to the forum, but i hope this replies,adexcube yes i am the person that emailed you concerning flying training in canada
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mosquitoway: 8:36pm On Nov 11, 2012
mosquitoway: i dnt really know how to do anything on this nairaland as i am not used to the forum, but i hope this replies,adexcube yes i am the person that emailed you concerning flying training in canada
i emailed you concerning my training and also to discuss anything you would like, since i now understand how to reply,if you feel better we could communicate on here
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 8:48pm On Nov 11, 2012
Siga: @ TRV_IJN ....Stouffville is an Accredited Private college....I never said its not accredited, all I said was its not on the same level as other colleges, like Seneca, Humber or George Brown...the fact that u cant work after even 6months of full studies says it all....sidebar...the city Stouffville is where we go buy cars at auction...@ Fhemmmy ...thats the only big thing happening there...now, I have experienced situations where a visa officer told me change my school from a private college to a reputable college to get my multiple visa...theis was when I was a student trying to apply for multiple visa and was denied by the Canadian embassy at Buffalo....please correct me if I am wrong...@lovesavvi ...I dont really have an expert opinion here....U can still reapply, but u have to present ur case better....also, when u reapply with same or different school....try to pay at least 50% of the tuition...that helps too....

That is cos some private schools are nothing but fraud, some are set up just to siphon money and govt closes them down most of the times. . .I will advice more people too to apply to the public more accredited colleges or university rather than those private ones.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 9:22pm On Nov 11, 2012
Fhemmmy:

That is cos some private schools are nothing but fraud, some are set up just to siphon money and govt closes them down most of the times. . .I will advice more people too to apply to the public more accredited colleges or university rather than those private ones.
....Trust me...the one I used to get to Canada was closed down cos of fraud and tax evasion....the place na only one floor in a building and when u see dem website back then and dem brochure...u go think say na the biggest campus...lol...it almost got us all deported...we had to quickly apply to Humber College to cover our a$$ back then....guys need to stop applying to all these Private Colleges....P.S...all these VO knw now and they have zero respect for students applying to those schools....guys remember...ur documents and application is representing u...make sure it represents u very well...put urself in the VO`s shoes...would u issue visa to someone that submits same docs and application u are submitting...infact...seek a close friend, Dad or mum to access and see if wat u are presenting is convincing and ask them to give u their 100% opinion...some applications are so bogus and so easy to deny as killing a bug on the wall....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 10:21pm On Nov 11, 2012
Siga: ....Trust me...the one I used to get to Canada was closed down cos of fraud and tax evasion....the place na only one floor in a building and when u see dem website back then and dem brochure...u go think say na the biggest campus...lol...it almost got us all deported...we had to quickly apply to Humber College to cover out a$$ back then....guys need to stop applying to all these Private Colleges....P.S...all these VO knw now and they have zero respect for students applying to those schools....guys remember...ur documents and application is representing u...make sure it represents u very well...put urself in the VO`s shoes...would u issue visa to someone that submits same docs and application u are submitting...infact...seek a close friend, Dad or mum to access and see if wat u are presenting is convincing and ask them to give u their 100% opinion...so, applications are so bogus and so easy to deny as killing a bug on the wall....

I could not have said it better.
There was a Nigeria dude that was running a computer school, and was only recruiting the homeless on the street to register and the dude collect money and clean mouth . . . Too much stories and i wonder why people wanna come from Africa and go to such schools, when colleges in Canada are willing and ready to give people admission
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Crossnavy(f): 10:44pm On Nov 11, 2012
Hello everyone, I presently live in the UK and would like to emigrate to Canada under the provincial nominee programme (Manitoba). I have everything except a sponsor.
Is it possible for someone to sponsor me as a family friend? Pls reply to this post with your email addy and let's talk. I am looking at Winnipeg, Manitoba. I look forward to hearing from you really soon.

Cheers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 1:40am On Nov 12, 2012
Joe980: @Spenser, how every...good to go?

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.