Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,942 members, 7,863,336 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:39 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (182) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (513319 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 3:25pm On Nov 10, 2012
Don Cipher: @Pauloman, @Siga thanks i appreciate your urgent responses. Please i would be studying in New Brunswick come Winter 2013, and hope to apply for PR in another province (Sask, BC or Alberta) during my studies. Is this posible and what do you advice?
...if by applying to other province u mean doing the Provincial Nominee thingy? Then its possible only if u meet the criterials set for the purpose....Again....if u skool for NB...u dey fine , cos u fit apply for ur PR after skool now...why move around?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by yungokus: 3:31pm On Nov 10, 2012
Siga: @cris83...why would you wanna go into HR...u need to keep in mind these Visa officers are not idiots...they look at what u are applying for and see how closely related it is to wat u have....rather than go for HR...why not look into Enviromental Sciences....thats pretty close to Geology....stay in ur line...and believe me...u cant go wrong with Geology...

I don't want to blive he can't delve into HR... Any course of study can delve into HR... HR is similar to doing MBA which u are allowed to do regardless of your course of study @ post secondary level... Am a CIPM certificate holder.. And u need to see a lot of people doing it regardless the course u studied.. Its a general program for everyone.. Its not restricted to a line of study.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 3:33pm On Nov 10, 2012
yungokus:

I don't want to blive he can't delve into HR... Any course of study can delve into HR... HR is similar to doing MBA which u are allowed to do regardless of your course of study @ post secondary level... Am a CIPM certificate holder.. And u need to see a lot of people doing it regardless the course u studied.. Its a general program for everyone.. Its not restricted to a line of study.
....U have a point...Its a free world...he asked for my opinion and I gave it to him with a better option....he can decide watever he feels like...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by cris83: 4:01pm On Nov 10, 2012
@ yungokus, @ siga..thank you very much for your advice sirs...i will kip searching for d right college to pursue my postgraduate diploma...thank you...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DonCipher: 4:16pm On Nov 10, 2012
Siga: ...if by applying to other province u mean doing the Provincial Nominee thingy? Then its possible only if u meet the criterials set for the purpose....Again....if u skool for NB...u dey fine , cos u fit apply for ur PR after skool now...why move around?
Thanks...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 4:19pm On Nov 10, 2012
cris83: @ yungokus, @ siga..thank you very much for your advice sirs...i will kip searching for d right college to pursue my postgraduate diploma...thank you...
http://www.gr.cal.dal.ca/ENVI.htm or http://www.gr.cal.dal.ca/ERTH.htm ...check those two links out...Dalhousie Uni is one of the best in North America...this may interest u...its in Halifax...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 4:21pm On Nov 10, 2012
yungokus: @Cris83 please u are still good to go to study HRM , don't be misguided by being told to do a related course related to Geology.. Like u av rightly said HRM is everywhere in all organizations even in the oil sector. ... It is a generalized course/profession that is required in any organization.. Be it oil,manufacturing,banking or what have u... I suggest u stick to your choice.. You are still on Track.. Regards!!

The choice is still yours to make afterall, so I don't think anyone is misgiving information here. Always remember its an advice, meant to be taken, or rejected.
Thanks Siga: got loads of information.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 4:24pm On Nov 10, 2012
Anyone heading to Toronto's Seneca college of science and applied arts for Winter 2013? Please lets hook up.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by imadebaby: 4:56pm On Nov 10, 2012
Siga: @cris83...why would you wanna go into HR...u need to keep in mind these Visa officers are not idiots...they look at what u are applying for and see how closely related it is to wat u have....rather than go for HR...why not look into Enviromental Sciences....thats pretty close to Geology....stay in ur line...and believe me...u cant go wrong with Geology...
Oga siga good day hows ur wknd goin. I ve a bsc bankin n finance and have four yrs bankin experience like i told u. If i get acceptance letter for sustainable energy development do i stand a chance of gettin a trv
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 5:00pm On Nov 10, 2012
effizypo: Anyone heading to Toronto's Seneca college of science and applied arts for Winter 2013? Please lets hook up.

What will you be studying there and how many years is your program?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 5:01pm On Nov 10, 2012
imadebaby:
Oga siga good day hows ur wknd goin. I ve a bsc bankin n finance and have four yrs bankin experience like i told u. If i get acceptance letter for sustainable energy development do i stand a chance of gettin a trv

Well what I do know is that something must connect you to your proposed course of study. There are two basically. 1. Your first degree: thats if you are going for postgraduate. Is there a connection? 2. Work experience: even when your first degree doesn't connect, do you have a work experience that connects?
So answer for yourself and take a decision.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 5:03pm On Nov 10, 2012
Fhemmmy:

What will you be studying there and how many years is your program?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 5:11pm On Nov 10, 2012
^^^Mr Fhemmmy isn't one of us bruv...he don see and conquered.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by cris83: 5:11pm On Nov 10, 2012
[quote author=Siga]http://www.gr.cal.dal.ca/ENVI.htm or http://www.gr.cal.dal.ca/ERTH.htm ...check those two links out...Dalhousie Uni is one of the best in North America...this may interest u...its in Halifax...[/quote
@siga, thank u very much for d links. Dalhousie is a gud uni i no, buh its expenses for international students r beyond m. Would u by any chance know any fairly inexpensive colleges in canada?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 5:15pm On Nov 10, 2012
Anyone heading to Toronto's Seneca college of science and applied arts for Winter 2013? Please lets hook up.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 5:16pm On Nov 10, 2012
imadebaby:
..First of all...I am absolutely in NO position to tell you who will be given a visa or not....Can u believe a Police friend of mine went to the same embassy....applied for a visiting visa to Canada on a virgin passport...told the interviewer he wants to come to Canada to see how it looks and the white man gave him 6 months multiple with a bank statement of next to nothing....he attributed it to his Olusho for Cele wey hin dey go....But I am a realist...I believe in prayers and destiny...the guy is here now...and infact...he has is PR...Now, sorry for the story....If you can prove or find a link to what you are doing now...u may be able to convince whoever handles ur file...plus I believe this can be an added degree with MBA....for anyone interested.... http://www.ucalgary.ca/pubs/calendar/grad/current/sustainable-energy-development-sedv.html
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 5:24pm On Nov 10, 2012
@Siga, you are much appreciated Sir. God bless!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by deniyor: 7:04pm On Nov 10, 2012
mercylicious: @Siga,
Once again thanks so much for ur input in d thread.
Nice profile. Do u by any chance grad from an UNI in owerri?
Know sumone wit similar profile- elect n elect, PnG, canada ..
He travelled wit student visa, married 2 yrs ago and now has a kid.
U may have met him in Canny. He was at sask d last time we talked- abt a year ago.

I must thank u for helping out with ur indept knowledge of Canny system.
Atleaset u kept blink6, lillawow and Joe awake till after 2am yesterday.

There is this friend of mine dt has B.eng electr (2.2) and elect with 5-6yrs years relevant experience in d power sector. He intends to immigrate to Canny.
He doesn't nt want to go thru study visa due to d huge financial demands. I also heard power engrs are in high demand in Canny. What other immigration option does he have?

Your friend can try the skilled labour PR group but there are some snags to it:
1. Engineering is at the moment not in the NOC group that canada is looking for. I guess they have too many engineers at the moment.
2. Power Engineering is not the same thing as Electrical Engineering. Two different fields. Power Engineering is more of a trade than engineering

check cic.gc.ca for more information.

Study makes it easiest. If you have family in canada, then provincial nominee program is the way to go.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by deniyor: 7:04pm On Nov 10, 2012
To a question I saw at some point earlier:
Saskatchewan Immigration Nominee Program, SINP, used to be the easiest of all the provincial nominee programs till this past May. Now its much tougher due to new law changes. Now, even if you have family, you need to already have a job offer before coming in (as against just your sponsor having a job in the past).
Also for folks already in Canada, you have to work for a year instead of six months as it used to be. Also your employer has to 'kind of sponsor' you as a simple job offer letter is no longer accepted.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pauloman(m): 7:05pm On Nov 10, 2012
Don Cipher: @Pauloman, @Siga thanks i appreciate your urgent responses. Please i would be studying in New Brunswick come Winter 2013, and hope to apply for PR in another province (Sask, BC or Alberta) during my studies. Is this posible and what do you advice?

Very possible ! Go throught the immigration web portal of saskatchewan and you will see their requirements for that category,so that you can start preparing yourself towards that. Cheers !l
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 7:51pm On Nov 10, 2012
effizypo: International Business Management 2yrs. Is Seneca your destination?

Lol . . .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 7:52pm On Nov 10, 2012
Joe980: ^^^Mr Fhemmmy isn't one of us bruv...he don see and conquered.

Chairman, thanks for the comment, God is always able , , , ,

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 8:13pm On Nov 10, 2012
@yungokus the analyst
Greetings sir. Hope the weekend is going well. How old are you now (CDHC weeks wink )
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 8:27pm On Nov 10, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Lol . . .

Fhemmmy what do you mean "lol". Why did you ask if you are only not going to say anything. I shouldn't have answered you then.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 8:46pm On Nov 10, 2012
effizypo:

Fhemmmy what do you mean "lol". Why did you ask if you are only not going to say anything. I shouldn't have answered you then.

Lol means i laff out loud on your comment, do you mean it is only someone that is seeking an admission that could ask questions, apologies and will note your username to make sure i dont ask questions next time, sir . . . . I laffed cos i am not looking for admissions in Canada, sir.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 8:57pm On Nov 10, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Lol means i laff out loud on your comment, do you mean it is only someone that is seeking an admission that could ask questions, apologies and will note your username to make sure i dont ask questions next time, sir . . . . I laffed cos i am not looking for admissions in Canada, sir.
My question is why ask me about my course duration and study when you understand my question isn't meant for you? To make matters worse you couldn't reply my answer but said "lol" to someones else post. Who doesnt know what "lol" stands for?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 9:00pm On Nov 10, 2012
effizypo:
My question is why ask me about my course duration and study when you understand my question isn't meant for you? To make matters worse you couldn't reply my answer but said "lol" to someones else post. Who doesnt know what "lol" stands for?

Lol , ,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 9:01pm On Nov 10, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Lol , ,

Laughing at yourself. Sorry

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 9:02pm On Nov 10, 2012
effizypo:

cool Lol . . . Lemme know when you done raising your blood pressure, one love . . Pal

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 9:14pm On Nov 10, 2012
That's rude bruv...this is a faceless forum and you can't tell who could eventually be of great help. Besides, for him(Fhemmmy) to have asked what your major is, tells alot about what he intends offering you. Now you killed it.
effizypo:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lovesavvi: 9:30pm On Nov 10, 2012
@mr siga pls i need ur help. I was refused a visa dis wk for jan 2013 nd am planning 2 re apply nd i need ur assistance in repackage my applicatn . Can i scan nd send my refusing letter 2 ur mail nd help me go through it ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 9:32pm On Nov 10, 2012
lovesavvi: @mr siga pls i need ur help. I was refused a visa dis wk for jan 2013 nd am planning 2 re apply nd i need ur assistance in repackage my applicatn . Can i scan nd send my refusing letter 2 ur mail nd help me go through it ?
... will gladly do that .... noshaking@gmail.com ... Please let me know if u will be fine with me posting the refusal info here with solutions I propose.... would love everyone to have an idea....but, its ur choice...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.