Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,920 members, 7,863,229 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:29 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (513307 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 9:32pm On Nov 10, 2012
Mr Fhemmy has always been a helpful,insightful and mature poster on this thread and has earned my respect but I would say I don't think that the response was one of his best on this thread.it may not be a good idea to joke with someone who you are just meeting or don't know yet, you always get something like this. Having said that, effizypo Fhemmy is someone I think we can all learn a lot from on this thread and I know he isn't a mocker so pls accept my apologies and let it go
Joe980: That's rude bruv...this is a faceless forum and you can't tell who could eventually be of great help. Besides, for him(Fhemmmy) to have asked what your major is, tells alot about what he intends offering you. Now you killed it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 9:39pm On Nov 10, 2012
Joe980: That's rude bruv...this is a faceless forum and you can't tell who could eventually be of great help. Besides, for him(Fhemmmy) to have asked what your major is, tells alot about what he intends offering you. Now you killed it.

Thats the point. Don't be suprise it turns out he will be the one needing help from me. Life is unpredictable. The guy needs to be humble. @Siga is also in Canada and many of us have families there to. May God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 9:42pm On Nov 10, 2012
TRV_IJN: Mr Fhemmy has always been a helpful,insightful and mature poster on this thread and has earned my respect but I would say I don't think that the response was one of his best on this thread.it may not be a good idea to joke with someone who you are just meeting or don't know yet, you always get something like this. Having said that, effizypo Fhemmy is someone I think we can all learn a lot from on this thread and I know he isn't a mocker so pls accept my apologies and let it go

Apologies accepted. I tender mine unreservedly to you too and others affected. Best of luck to everyone.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 10:09pm On Nov 10, 2012
TRV_IJN: Mr Fhemmy has always been a helpful,insightful and mature poster on this thread and has earned my respect but I would say I don't think that the response was one of his best on this thread.it may not be a good idea to joke with someone who you are just meeting or don't know yet, you always get something like this. Having said that, effizypo Fhemmy is someone I think we can all learn a lot from on this thread and I know he isn't a mocker so pls accept my apologies and let it go

Thanks for your response . . . really appreciate your comment, But please read my statement well, you will notice that i was laffing on his statement if i was going to Seneca as well, so i laffed at that statement and even highlighted it, so how was that being "not being nice" to him.
This will is a great thread and i have never made myself being better than anyone, but when someone just jump into conclusion that i was laffing at him? that was not fair from his part . . . I love to see most people in Canada but people will have to try not to assume things, i love everyone and respect all . . .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 10:12pm On Nov 10, 2012
effizypo:

Thats the point. Don't be suprise it turns out he will be the one needing help from me. Life is unpredictable. The guy needs to be humble. @Siga is also in Canada and many of us have families there to. May God help us all.

No one is too big to need help from the other one, but try to read a statement well and better next time, instead of jumping into a conclussion, i asked you for a reason, but your statement was funny to me, cos you jumped into a conclusion, so that makes me quiet , , ,however, i will never laff at you, cos i dont see myself better or bigger than no one, it is all God's grace, but if you were offended in any way shape of form . . . easy, sir.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 10:24pm On Nov 10, 2012
Fhemmmy:

you will notice that i was laffing on his statement if i was going to Seneca as well, so i laffed at that statement and even highlighted it, so how was that being "not being nice" to him
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 10:25pm On Nov 10, 2012
@Frank...update?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 10:25pm On Nov 10, 2012
Franksteve I saw you online and had to come back up. Please how did it turn out... Whats the reason for the refusal. We may learn a thing or two. Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pauloman(m): 10:38pm On Nov 10, 2012
@All and most especially the new posters on this thread

Please take adequate note because we have some veterans of this thread that has been there from the part1 up until now in part3. Their contributions right from the very beginning has made so many people where they are today no matter how little. If you know the magnitude and cost of information that is traded for free here only then would we realise that we need to respect each other especially those that bring a lot to the table. Fhemmmy is such person on this thread and a host of others like him like newacca just to mention a few. I would advice new comers on the thread to try to read from part 1 to this present part 3 to learn more and appreciate the immense contributions of veterans like fhemmmy and co that still choose to come render help once in a while to all of us.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 10:45pm On Nov 10, 2012
^^^ you are right sir...by their questions and response, we know those that haven't taken time to read the thread.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 10:52pm On Nov 10, 2012
@lovesavvi,
Please was ur undergrad related to the course you were applying for?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lovesavvi: 11:12pm On Nov 10, 2012
@mr siga, i was refused based on dis following point. I am nt satisfied dat u av sufficient and available financial resources,without working in canada . Nt satisfy dat u av sufficient nd available financial resources, without workin in canada to maintain urself and any family members who are accompanying u durin ur proposed period of study. U av nt satisfy me dat u would leave canada at d end of ur stay.in reaching this decision,i considered several factors, including 1, ur travel history, 2 purpose of visit. Am confused about dis decision becos my sista is my sponsor with 9.2 million in her acct. I did nt filled anyting dat anybodi is accompanying me during my study. It is compoulsory 2 av travel history b4 u can apply 2 canada. Also my purpose of visit is 2 study. I welcom anybody advice in dis thread.i wil stil 4ward d refusal letter 2 ur mail 2moro becos i dnt av scanner here. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 11:21pm On Nov 10, 2012
lovesavvi: @mr siga, i was refused based on dis following point. I am nt satisfied dat u av sufficient and available financial resources,without working in canada . Nt satisfy dat u av sufficient nd available financial resources, without workin in canada to maintain urself and any family members who are accompanying u durin ur proposed period of study. U av nt satisfy me dat u would leave canada at d end of ur stay.in reaching this decision,i considered several factors, including 1, ur travel history, 2 purpose of visit. Am confused about dis decision becos my sista is my sponsor with 9.2 million in her acct. I did nt filled anyting dat anybodi is accompanying me during my study. It is compoulsory 2 av travel history b4 u can apply 2 canada. Also my purpose of visit is 2 study. I welcom anybody advice in dis thread.i wil stil 4ward d refusal letter 2 ur mail 2moro becos i dnt av scanner here. Thanks

I am not an expert in this but from the research I did before submitting mine, I realised if you have gap in your academic history, they expect you to submit your personal bank savings with that of your sponsor as an additional proof of funds except where your sponsor is Mom or Dad. That can affect so many things.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lovesavvi: 11:21pm On Nov 10, 2012
Also there was handwritten nt credible. I dnt knw d meaning of this. Are they reffering 2 me or 2 my sponsor?
lovesavvi: @mr siga, i was refused based on dis following point. I am nt satisfied dat u av sufficient and available financial resources,without working in canada . Nt satisfy dat u av sufficient nd available financial resources, without workin in canada to maintain urself and any family members who are accompanying u durin ur proposed period of study. U av nt satisfy me dat u would leave canada at d end of ur stay.in reaching this decision,i considered several factors, including 1, ur travel history, 2 purpose of visit. Am confused about dis decision becos my sista is my sponsor with 9.2 million in her acct. I did nt filled anyting dat anybodi is accompanying me during my study. It is compoulsory 2 av travel history b4 u can apply 2 canada. Also my purpose of visit is 2 study. I welcom anybody advice in dis thread.i wil stil 4ward d refusal letter 2 ur mail 2moro becos i dnt av scanner here. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 11:26pm On Nov 10, 2012
lovesavvi: Also there was handwritten nt credible. I dnt knw d meaning of this. Are they reffering 2 me or 2 my sponsor?

Not credible is their way of summarizing all they've been saying and its to you not your sister. How long have u been out of school?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lovesavvi: 11:33pm On Nov 10, 2012
Am going 4 professional course ACCA @stouffville college toronto nd i study physics/electronics.bt av exprience in business now becos am doing business now.my tuition fee is 5400 dola.
TRV_IJN: @lovesavvi,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 11:37pm On Nov 10, 2012
lovesavvi: Am going 4 professional course ACCA @stouffville college toronto nd i study physics/electronics.bt av exprience in business now becos am doing business now.my tuition fee is 5400 dola.

Hmmm, physics/business/ACCA: why not do something in the line of business or electronics. I think that sounds more credible plus what I said earlier. Did you pay tuition?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lovesavvi: 11:42pm On Nov 10, 2012
I apply 4 professional course ACCA@stouffvile college toronto nd i study physics/electronics 4 myHND but i av exprience in business becos am doing business now. Am tinking of including my bank statement nd my business registratn certificate. Bt d money in my acct is nt up 2 1 millon. Any advice pls
TRV_IJN: @lovesavvi,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 11:45pm On Nov 10, 2012
When you say experience in business,how do you mean? Throw more light please. Did your sister write a letter of Sponsorship?what work experience or acamedic studies if any do u have that relates with the ACCA? Have you already begun the ACCA exams here? What does your sister do? Is she employed or self employed?how many people depend on her? Was the no of her dependents communicated to CDHC?
Please answer these questions so I can have a better picture to advise
lovesavvi: Am going 4 professional course ACCA @stouffville college toronto nd i study physics/electronics.bt av exprience in business now becos am doing business now.my tuition fee is 5400 dola.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lovesavvi: 11:51pm On Nov 10, 2012
No i did nt pay tuitn fee b4 i apply i only pay applicatn fee. I finished school in 2010 nd i finished my nysc service year in june 2011
effizypo:

Hmmm, physics/business/ACCA: why not do something in the line of business or electronics. I think that sounds more credible plus what I said earlier. Did you pay tuition?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lovesavvi: 11:57pm On Nov 10, 2012
I mean work exprience, my sista is a self employed nd she wrote sponsorship leta 2geda with avidavit of support.
TRV_IJN: When you say experience in business,how do you mean? Throw more light please. Did your sister write a letter of Sponsorship?what work experience or acamedic studies if any do u have that relates with the ACCA? Have you already begun the ACCA exams here? What does your sister do? Is she employed or self employed?how many people depend on her? Was the no of her dependents communicated to CDHC?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 12:04am On Nov 11, 2012
@lovesavvi, a rider to my post below.
You cannot legally work with the Visa issued to study a professional course in Canada,so I think the VO would really want to be satisfied on ur finances. Your sponsor should clearly affirm that he/she would sponsor you, have proof of sufficient funds to do this (pls note that they will also consider the fact that the sponsor would have other responsibities so it is important for ur sponsor to state how many dependents she has). Having proof of funds in your own account can also bolster the satisfaction.Include ur company documents,business account statements, possibly audited financial statements as well. Contact newacca (trace him on this thread) he will give you more help than I have
TRV_IJN: When you say experience in business,how do you mean? Throw more light please. Did your sister write a letter of Sponsorship?what work experience or acamedic studies if any do u have that relates with the ACCA? Have you already begun the ACCA exams here? What does your sister do? Is she employed or self employed?how many people depend on her? Was the no of her dependents communicated to CDHC?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 12:05am On Nov 11, 2012
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 12:06am On Nov 11, 2012
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DonCipher: 12:08am On Nov 11, 2012
@fhemmmy thanks for ur response.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 12:19am On Nov 11, 2012
@You aren't forthcoming enough. If you mean u have a business and u trade then include ur biz docs,biz bank acct,and if possibly financial statements of biz plus tax returns.if ur sis is self employed and she gave u only her bank statement, the VO cannot tell the source of the funds and hence cannot make a prudent judgement of whether ur sis will continue to get money to take care of her and dependents' needs and then sponsor you.
My advise: put ur own company books in order (statemnent,tax,cash flows should help). Answer this question, how would ACCA help ur business when you are through?(Include this in ur student questionnaire/study plan)
If you must still use ur sis, include her company documents, a detailed sponsorship letter, her birth cert and ur birth cert and other proof of relationship,Pray a lot and repackage.if you feel this place isn't private enough, with the permission of the house, pls send me a private message and I will be willing to help with info, but there wouldn't be anyone to correct me if I am mistaken
lovesavvi: I mean work exprience, my sista is a self employed nd she wrote sponsorship leta 2geda with avidavit of support.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bumdish: 3:18am On Nov 11, 2012
lovesavvi: @mr siga, i was refused based on dis following point. I am nt satisfied dat u av sufficient and available financial resources,without working in canada . Nt satisfy dat u av sufficient nd available financial resources, without working in canada to maintain urself and any family members who are accompanying u durin ur proposed period of study. U av nt satisfy me dat u would leave canada at d end of ur stay.in reaching this decision,i considered several factors, including 1, ur travel history, 2 purpose of visit. Am confused about dis decision becos my sista is my sponsor with 9.2 million in her acct. I did nt filled anyting dat anybodi is accompanying me during my study. It is compoulsory 2 av travel history b4 u can apply 2 canada. Also my purpose of visit is 2 study. I welcom anybody advice in dis thread.i wil stil 4ward d refusal letter 2 ur mail 2moro becos i dnt av scanner here. Thanks

Hi lovesavvi, so sorry for the temporary setback.
To the issue at hand, You need to have it behind your mind that the VOs are trained to read in-between lines and most importantly to treat all applicant as intending immigrant. So it is the job of every applicant to convincingly proof beyond all doubt reasonable that their intention is to study and come back to their homeland even though they know you have a 90% chance of not coming back but its a condition you must fulfill. I would advice you look critically at your application and work at convincing yourself and any other person that your application will always pass any litmus test.These guys work strictly on rules and they rarely bend it.

Every alien (other than a nonimmigrant described in subparagraph (L) or (V) of section 101(a)(15), and other than a nonimmigrant described in any provision of section 101(a)(15)(H)(i) except subclause (b1) of such section) shall be presumed to be an immigrant until he establishes to the satisfaction of the consular officer, at the time of application for a visa, and the immigration officers, at the time of application for admission, that he is entitled to a nonimmigrant status under section 101(a)(15)
This is the US version of the Requirement to overcome presumption of intending immigrant clause.

Also note that making a 1st class and having 100M in a/c isn't a guarantee at all. Your application package is meant to tell a story about your past, your present and a future. All must connect adequately like all the joints on 3rd mainland bridge.

I have had to access my application the first time I wanted to apply, and I told myself, something isn't adding up so I retreated, deferred my admission and reapplied the following year.

Looking at your the first point
I am nt satisfied dat u av sufficient and available financial resources,without working in canada

You said your sister was your sponsor:
Where you able to adequately establish the relationship?
Do you have legally admissible documents backing the relationship.
Are there complimentary evidences such as photos or stuffs like that.
Did she write you a sponsorship letter, is the letter carrying the necessary legal jargons,
How steady is her income,
What is her cash flow like, who are her dependencies, is she married?
Is she in employment and did you prove that.
Is she self employed and did you prove that.
Did you establish what her interest is or what she stands to benefit from sponsoring you.
Has she sponsored you on anything before

On your traveling history question.
Having a GOOD traveling history is definitely an added. Emphasis on GOOD. It tells a lot about your past and what you are capable of doing in the future but it is also definitely not a must have at least based on my experience. The farthest travel I had made was a trip Ghana as at the time I applied.

You see, there is plenty things to critically consider on all aspect of your application but grammar too plenty for newspaper, I don tire but I hope you get my drift.

Happy Sunday.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 5:58am On Nov 11, 2012
@lovesavvi...my bad...was out and i just got home...I read thru what the wrote....I must honestly say #1. The college you applied to is a sub-standard college... #2. The course you apply to is not related to your background....ignore the fact that you work in business now...#3. A professional course is not something u get a study visa for easily....keep in mind Canada has enough Accountants....in the case of sufficient funds....the balance is not an issue, its the cash flow that matters....I must ask....did u write a well detailed supporting letter about urself ? .... all these thinny details matter....for instance, when I applied for mine and used a family friend....I claimed he is my cousin and he wants to open a Cybercafe and wants me to be incharge.....and as an Electrical Engr...I came here for IT....so , u see the flow...I will brief you further as soon as I wake up in the morning....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lovesavvi: 7:31am On Nov 11, 2012
Thanks sir, what do u tink i can do now, can i re apply with dis course nd dis college nd write a gud letter of intent 2 tell dem dat i will use d exprience 2 develop my business nd also my sister business or can i look 4 anoda college nd course dat related 2 my previous study?hope d v o will nt tink dat am too desprate? Advice pls
Siga: @lovesavvi...my bad..was out and i just got home...I read thru what the wrote....I must honestly say #1. The college you applied to is a sub-standard college... #2. The course you apply to is not related to your background....ignore the fact that you work in business now...#3. A professional course is not something u get a study visa for easily....keep in mind Canada has enough Accountants....in the case of sufficient funds....the balance is not an issue, its the cash flow that matters....I must ask....did u write a well detailed supporting letter about urself ? .... all these thinny details matter....for instance, when I applied for mine and used a family friend....I claimed he is my cousin and he wants to open a Cybercafe and wants me to be incharge.....and as an Electrical Engr...I came here for IT....so , u see the flow...I will brief you further as soon as I wake up in the morning....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lovesavvi: 7:42am On Nov 11, 2012
Thanks bro, But pls advice me can i re apply with dis course nd dis college or i should luk 4 another college dat did graduate certificate in something related 2 physics electronics. Becos i have HND in physics electronics. I want college dat nt too expensive
bumdish:

To the issue at hand, You need to have it behind your mind that the VOs are trained to read in-between lines and most importantly to treat all applicant as intending immigrant. So it is the job of every applicant to convincingly proof beyond all doubt reasonable that their intention is to study and come back to their homeland even though they know you have a 90% chance of not coming back but its a condition you must fulfill. I would advice you look critically at your application and work at convincing yourself and any other person that your application will always pass any litmus test.These guys work strictly on rules and they rarely bend it.

Every alien (other than a nonimmigrant described in subparagraph (L) or (V) of section 101(a)(15), and other than a nonimmigrant described in any provision of section 101(a)(15)(H)(i) except subclause (b1) of such section) shall be presumed to be an immigrant until he establishes to the satisfaction of the consular officer, at the time of application for a visa, and the immigration officers, at the time of application for admission, that he is entitled to a nonimmigrant status under section 101(a)(15)
This is the US version of the Requirement to overcome presumption of intending immigrant clause.

Also note that making a 1st class and having 100M in a/c isn't a guarantee at all. Your application package is meant to tell a story about your past, your present and a future. All must connect adequately like all the joints on 3rd mainland bridge.

I have had to access my application the first time I wanted to apply, and I told myself, something isn't adding up so I retreated, deferred my admission and reapplied the following year.

I am nt satisfied dat u av sufficient and available financial resources,without working in canada

Did she write you a sponsorship letter, is the letter carrying the necessary legal jargons,
Did you establish what her interest is or what she stands to benefit from sponsoring you.

Having a GOOD traveling history is definitely an added. Emphasis on GOOD. It tells a lot about your past and what you are capable of doing in the future but it is also definitely not a must have at least based on my experience. The farthest travel I had made was a trip Ghana as at the time I applied.

You see, there is plenty things to critically consider on all aspect of your application but grammar too plenty for newspaper, I don tire but I hope you get my drift.

Happy Sunday.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lovesavvi: 7:44am On Nov 11, 2012
Thanks bro, But pls advice me can i re apply with dis course nd dis college or i should luk 4 another college dat did graduate certificate in something related 2 physics electronics. Becos i have HND in physics electronics. I want college dat nt too expensive
bumdish:

Happy Sunday.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lovesavvi: 7:50am On Nov 11, 2012
I dnt mind if u can reconmend any college dat did something related 2 physics/electronics 4 me 4 graduate certificate or diploma becos i have HND in physics/electronics. Thanks
Siga: @lovesavvi...my bad...was out and i just got home...I read thru what the wrote....I must honestly say #1. The college you applied to is a sub-standard college... #2. The course you apply to is not related to your background....ignore the fact that you work in business now...#3. A professional course is not something u get a study visa for easily....keep in mind Canada has enough Accountants....in the case of sufficient funds....the balance is not an issue, its the cash flow that matters....I must ask....did u write a well detailed supporting letter about urself ? .... all these thinny details matter....for instance, when I applied for mine and used a family friend....I claimed he is my cousin and he wants to open a Cybercafe and wants me to be incharge.....and as an Electrical Engr...I came here for IT....so , u see the flow...I will brief you further as soon as I wake up in the morning....

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.