Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,925 members, 7,863,268 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 02:06 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (186) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (513309 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adim02: 12:48pm On Nov 12, 2012
[b]@Siga thanks so does it mean that my 4.5 million will not be enough without a cosponsor.My intension was to study masters degree but am finding it difficult to get a university cos 3.00cgpa must have for a masters degree thats why am looking for a college to go for a PGD programme.Whats is your advice or should i apply for undergraduate programme,or a diploma programme.please house a NEED ADVISE.[b]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 12:56pm On Nov 12, 2012
@adim02 ....Gat u....masters prog in some schools are even cheaper....if u dont mind....how long ago did u finish ur degree...PGD is expensive....can be as high as $12,000 my bro....that alone is almost N1.9m ....but u know wat...if u have landed properties and investments...it may help...will u be able to get a leave of absense letter from your work?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by imadebaby: 12:58pm On Nov 12, 2012
Fhemmmy:

That is cos some private schools are nothing but fraud, some are set up just to siphon money and govt closes them down most of the times. . .I will advice more people too to apply to the public more accredited colleges or university rather than those private ones.
@fhemmy and siga pls what do u think of vancouver island mba. Is it credible and worth the money? Pls verify for me countin on u guys
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 1:06pm On Nov 12, 2012
It's purely course based...have you forgotten there was no thesis option?
dosunmu matilda: @ Nivax21 thks for d ifoi will go to d sch website to find out more info am glad oh cos dats wat i wanted not the thesis option
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by johnsonerhis: 1:09pm On Nov 12, 2012
@siga pls kindly advise. I have a friend who applied to vac under a scholarship letter from his state scholarship board and d letter states as follows: 1. Introducing him as an indigen of his state 2. Dat d oversea scholarship scheme exists in d state 3.d value is 3m per section 4. Dat he applied for scholarship and his application is still bn processed 5. De should give him all necessary assistance. Pls does my friend have a chance?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 1:12pm On Nov 12, 2012
johnsonerhis: @siga pls kindly advise. I have a friend who applied to vac under a scholarship letter from his state scholarship board and d letter states as follows: 1. Introducing him as an indigen of his state 2. Dat d oversea scholarship scheme exists in d state 3.d value is 3m per section 4. Dat he applied for scholarship and his application is still bn processed 5. De should give him all necessary assistance. Pls does my friend have a chance?
..I will advise your friend to press harder to secure the scholarship fully....this will boost his chances big time....tell him not to rush...chill, wait for the full approval of the scholarship, then apply....remember, the key is to do it once and do it right...no need to rush...Canada no dey run go anywhere...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adim02: 1:41pm On Nov 12, 2012
@Siga leave of absense letter from my work place is not a problem for me to get?I dont have a landed property to include just the money is in my account right now,cos is my salaries account.2can you please mention some universities in Canada that can accept 2.2class.or whats your advise.Please i dont wont to be denial by the cdhc
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 1:44pm On Nov 12, 2012
adim02: @Siga leave of absense letter from my work place is not a problem for me to get?I dont have a landed property to include just the money is in my account right now,cos is my salaries account.2can you please mention some universities in Canada that can accept 2.2class.or whats your advise.Please i dont wont to be denial by the cdhc
Wat is ur prog of choice....some universities will accept some courses on ur transcript and exempt u from taking them...which might make ur undergrad program faster...PGD wont mind depending on wat prog....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by johnsonerhis: 1:56pm On Nov 12, 2012
@siga does it mean his chances are very slim? Cos he already applied with d earlier info
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 1:59pm On Nov 12, 2012
johnsonerhis: @siga does it mean his chances are very slim? Cos he already applied with d earlier info
oh ....ok...tell him not to panic....ensure he secures the scholarship on time....the VO may ask for the full approval...if they do, thats good news cos that means they need to see that before approval....or he can mail it in if he gets it and no news yet from VO....he is in good hands man...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adim02: 2:14pm On Nov 12, 2012
thanks once again i plans for Human Resources Management.Please you can list some university for me.I hope if my head should write leave of absence should be granted by CDHC.3 is there any master prog.in canada that can accept 2.2.thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kenniy(m): 2:18pm On Nov 12, 2012
funny..everything I see, read and think indicates I should be alright with my application..yet I panic like no man's business..all cos of the uncertainty of the CDHC..may God SWT deliver us all..(**sorry..just need to burst out that mini-rant**)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 2:19pm On Nov 12, 2012
adim02: thanks once again i plans for Human Resources Management.Please you can list some university for me.I hope if my head should write leave of absence should be granted by CDHC.3 is there any master prog.in canada that can accept 2.2.thanks
Ah, bros...U may have to throw this into the house for anyone to help give any school that may accept 2.2 ...I have no idea... Human Resources Management I believe is run in most colleges....universities may have it as a major under a prog....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 2:20pm On Nov 12, 2012
kenniy: funny..everything I see, read and think indicates I should be alright with my application..yet I panic like no man's business..all cos of the uncertainty of the CDHC..may God SWT deliver us all..(**sorry..just need to burst out that mini-rant**)
....Bro...its ok to panic...that means u are human....no shaking...wat is urs will always be urs...trust me...relax and wait on God to manipulate the VO to grant u ur wishes

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adim02: 2:40pm On Nov 12, 2012
sorry for disturbing you why i was saying that cos of my age am 32 right now so am afred if CDHC will give me Visa for underg.with that age
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adim02: 2:42pm On Nov 12, 2012
@siga sorry for bordering you so much,why i am saying that cos am 32y now by next year 33y will CDHC grant Visa for me to go for underg.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 2:44pm On Nov 12, 2012
adim02: @siga sorry for bordering you so much,why i am saying that cos am 32y now by next year 33y will CDHC grant Visa for me to go for underg.
...why not look for a 2yr diploma or certificate prog from a reputable college and that will be in lieu of going for ur Masters....just a tot
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by freshdude: 2:50pm On Nov 12, 2012
adim02: thanks once again i plans for Human Resources Management.Please you can list some university for me.I hope if my head should write leave of absence should be granted by CDHC.3 is there any master prog.in canada that can accept 2.2.thanks
bro admission into canadian university is very competitive, as in highly competitive. can u imagine a Canadian university telling me they only offer admission to top 300 universities according to a bibliographic database dedicated to my department, that they have exceeded their quota for the year even with my high cgpa...this school am talking about is not among top 10 universities in canada oo. please dont waste 100 dollars on application fee in a uni ur not sure of admission do ur research before applying to any school.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by francspencer: 3:01pm On Nov 12, 2012
@siga, You studied wireless telecoms at humber college, how was the course at the school and how would you rate job opportunities in this field in Canada?, Though i have applied to that same school and the same course, at the moment, am waiting for medical call, my application got to CDHC 31/08/12. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 3:03pm On Nov 12, 2012
Just came out from VFS, Oregun. Guess what? I wasted my time. no one could say anything about the delays so far. Understand they are updating their site right now so you may want to go tracking. All the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 3:05pm On Nov 12, 2012
francspencer: @siga, You studied wireless telecoms at humber college, how was the course at the school and how would you rate job opportunities in this field in Canada?, Though i have applied to that same school and the same course, at the moment, am waiting for medical call, my application got to CDHC 31/08/12. Thanks
That means you submitted on a Friday, processing for you must be September 4th. I know someone who submitted same date.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 3:08pm On Nov 12, 2012
francspencer: @siga, You studied wireless telecoms at humber college, how was the course at the school and how would you rate job opportunities in this field in Canada?, Though i have applied to that same school and the same course, at the moment, am waiting for medical call, my application got to CDHC 31/08/12. Thanks
...the course is not bad....nice teachers there....during my course, there were job offers from Telecomms companies....but they mainly want guys with a bit of experience from previous jobs in that line....some of my classmates got jobs even before we finished...I got mine a month after....I still work with the same company....and they are guys that I know took awhile to get a job in that field....some went for Masters, some got jobs in other field related to their first degrees...if u make it here which I pray u do....I may be of help when the time comes to look for a job....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lovesavvi: 3:22pm On Nov 12, 2012
@mr siga, i av HND in physics/electronics,what is my chance of getting admission 2 humber 2 study wireless telecomunication?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 3:27pm On Nov 12, 2012
imadebaby:
@fhemmy and siga pls what do u think of vancouver island mba. Is it credible and worth the money? Pls verify for me countin on u guys

I think it is worth the money and the trouble, and Vancouver's weather is not bad at all too . . . Good luck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 3:28pm On Nov 12, 2012
lovesavvi: @mr siga, i av HND in physics/electronics,what is my chance of getting admission 2 humber 2 study wireless telecomunication?
With 1.5gpa you can go to any college in Canada for college diploma. So who else wants to ask Siga this question again?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 3:29pm On Nov 12, 2012
lovesavvi: @mr siga, i av HND in physics/electronics,what is my chance of getting admission 2 humber 2 study wireless telecomunication?
...bro...u can qualify for the PGD.... u have the needed requirements... http://www.humber.ca/program/wireless-telecommunications#admission-requirements ....if not sure...call the International office or the Program Coordinator...he has the final say....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 3:32pm On Nov 12, 2012
Fhemmmy:

I think it is worth the money and the trouble, and Vancouver's weather is not bad at all too . . . Good luck
Baba...without GMAT for MBA...the school no set oo...GMAT is like a standard requirement for MBA oooo...check top schools out...and u know the MBA job market na where u graduate those Bay Street guys dey look for ....cos dem all go through same Professors...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 3:35pm On Nov 12, 2012
Siga: Baba...without GMAT for MBA...the school no set oo...GMAT is like a standard requirement for MBA oooo...check top schools out...and u know the MBA job market na where u graduate those Bay Street guys dey look for ....cos dem all go through same Professors...

Yes, i am only saying it is a good school, not about their requirement . . . Only saying it worth the money as long as the student is able to meet their requirement, know what i mean?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 3:36pm On Nov 12, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Yes, i am only saying it is a good school, not about their requirement . . . Only saying it worth the money as long as the student is able to meet their requirement, know what i mean?
...u carry point for pocket....if dem giv her admission and she secure visa....when she reach here...she fit bone the school find better place...lol ...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by surecan: 4:39pm On Nov 12, 2012

I will like to know the conditions on your acceptance leeter because i want to apply to the same college pls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 4:48pm On Nov 12, 2012
Siga: ...u carry point for pocket....if dem giv her admission and she secure visa....when she reach here...she fit bone the school find better place...lol ...

I was trying not to say that out oh, but you just did , , , Lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by imadebaby: 4:49pm On Nov 12, 2012
Siga: ...u carry point for pocket....if dem giv her admission and she secure visa....when she reach here...she fit bone the school find better place...lol ...
Correct

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.