Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,013 members, 7,821,552 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Video: How Farouk Lawan Asked Reps To Remove Otedola From Probe Report - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video: How Farouk Lawan Asked Reps To Remove Otedola From Probe Report (27660 Views)

Farouk Lawan To Be Remanded In Prison Till February 9? / Farouk Lawan Trial Starts Next Week. / Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video: How Farouk Lawan Asked Reps To Remove Otedola From Probe Report by deandavid(m): 1:14pm On Jun 15, 2012
Beaf: Those for the total removal of the subsidy and slashing of NASS salaries say, aye! cool

Lol!
big EYEEE
Re: Video: How Farouk Lawan Asked Reps To Remove Otedola From Probe Report by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jun 15, 2012
If you don't have light, instead of blaming GEJ...go and ask Ndudi Elumelu who was meant to right the wrong and bring those who stole funds meant to develop the power sector, instead he saw it as a means of personal gains.
If your share in the capital market is still worthless...instead of blaming GEJ again...blame Herman Hembe, who wanted bribe (and maybe poohsie) in order to influence the outcome of that probe.
If the real cabals in the fuel subsidy scam weren't brought to book, instead of shouting GEJ, GEJ!...Ask Farouk Lawan to explain why he shielded Rilwan Lukman (like Beaf stated) if he was truly probing the sector...
And countless other instances of these so-called Honorables jobbing the masses for financial gains...

You don't expect GEJ to act on a doctored probe report, do you think we Deltans are fools?
He did his part by letting the masses know the fraud existing in the oil sector, we should have given him our support by cleaning the mess rather than joining in a cabal sponsored protest.

I strongly believe in GEJ, Allison Madueke and NOI as visionary leaders...if for nothing, for the PIB and Subsidy removal...these are the critical areas in fighting corruption
Re: Video: How Farouk Lawan Asked Reps To Remove Otedola From Probe Report by noiseless: 1:32pm On Jun 15, 2012
I think calling the military to take over is not really the best we can do, why can't we seek a way in which we can target these criminals ourseleves starting from our our groups,regions,states,local govt and wards and force fear into them so that they will do things with fear? We cannot be this lazy expecting the soldiers doing things for us all the time, if you are from the north you must understand that it's time to start using any means available to you and call your "representatives to order, same applies to me as a easterner but i will start first from my group. Whether they the criminals parading themselves as my "leaders" like it or not i have no choice but to blame them for all their actions and inactions which is the reasons for the pain we are going through. And the only way to go about it is to create a movement which will target them only, and never spare them by forcing fear in them and isolating them if at all the are lucky not to be in exeile just the way their actions and inactions have forced many poor innocents to go in exile. NO MY DEAR CALLING ON SOLDIERS TO TAKE OVER IS NOT A SOLUTION AT ALL.
JAMILO2020: FELLOW NIGERIANS,

ELECTING PEOPLE INTO A PRIVILAGED POSITION IS A CHOICE WE ARE SUPPOSED TO MAKE AS OUR RIGHT TO CHOOSE.

WE NIGERIANS HAVE MADE EXTREMELY BAD CHOICES IN THE PEOPLE WE HAVE ELECTED OR ALLOWED TO BE CRIMINALLY SELECTED.

CONSTITUTION OR NOT, WE HAVE NOW GONE PAST THE TIME WE SHOULD ALL WAKE UP COLLECTIVELY AND KICK THESE CROOKS OUT.

NIGERIA IS BETTER-OFF WITH MILITARY MEN WHO WILL FORCE US TO DO AS THEY WISH, THAN ALLOWING PEOPLE THAT ARE ELECTED TO REPRESENT US, DOING WORSE THAN WE WOULD HAVE EXPECTED FROM THE ARMED FORCES.

IMAGINE THE DIFFERENCE IN SALARY BETWEEN THE POLITICIANS AND THE ARMED FORCES ? YET THESE POLITICIANS WHO AWARDED THEMSELVES HUGE SALARIES AS WELL AS BENEFITS, CONTINUED TO ROB US SO SHAMELESSLY.

I BLAME THE 'GROUNDNUT & GARRI' ARMED FORCES OFFICERS WHO CAN NOT EVEN FIND THE COURAGE TO DEFEND US BY STANDING UP AND KICKING THESE CROOKS OUT.

I NOW OPENLY CALL ON THE ARMED FORCES TO TAKE OVER THE GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA, BECAUSE OUR CRIMINAL POLITICIANS ARE HELP BENT ON DESTROYING NIGERIA.

EVERY MEMBER OF THE ARMED FORCES OF NIGERIA SWORE TO "PROTECT NIGERIA AGAINST BOTH INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ENEMIES".

IT IS NOW VERY CLEAR THAT THE NIGERIAN POLITICIANS ARE UNREPENTANT ENEMIES OF THE STATE OF NIGERIA.

MEMBERS OF THE ARMED FORCES SHOULD MOVE IMMEDIATELY TO SAVE NIGERIA RIGHT NOW!

SHAME ON THE ARMED FORCES IF THEY CONTINUE TO ALLOW THIS CRIMINALITY IN NIGERIA!!
Re: Video: How Farouk Lawan Asked Reps To Remove Otedola From Probe Report by scribble: 1:47pm On Jun 15, 2012
Sky Blue: UBELIEVABLE. That was THE WEAKEST attempt at an argument for removing the names from the list. People please, listen to that argument very carefuly by Lawan.

Effectively: 'I suggest we remove names 5 and 6 from the list because we want to focus on companies that were part of the PS scheme'

SO IF THEY WERE NOT ON THE SCHEME, WHY WERE THEY ON THE LIST TO BEGIN WITH??

Shocking!! And what is even more shocking was how we were all going to take the results of the research with some measure of gravitas simply based on the excuse that committees have information we are not privvy to. How on earth did a company that now allegedly was not even on the subsidy scheme make it to the list to begin with, talk less of this weak argument for having to remove it?

Committees need to be more scrutinised and documents used for references crosschecked. Imagine if the report was released, that is what we would have based recommendations on?

The validity of that report has just been rubbished and a new one must be done. Who knows who else should or should not be on the list? Perhaps the press needs to be a bit more investigative and part of the process. I mean, how didn't the press catch this?

your argument is hogwash. Please be guided appropriately. Femi Otedola apart from owning synopsis and zenon also owns African Petroleum/forte oil which was also indicted.

besides just cause they did not benefit from PSF does not mean hhe didnt used the forex to finance oga jonah's campaign
Re: Video: How Farouk Lawan Asked Reps To Remove Otedola From Probe Report by scribble: 1:53pm On Jun 15, 2012
Beaf where is ur brain?

otedola imports PMS through his ownership of African Petroleum/Forte Oil

Forte oil was also indicted in the report for counter tripping, product diversion etc

Dont deceive people here..
Re: Video: How Farouk Lawan Asked Reps To Remove Otedola From Probe Report by Kobojunkie: 1:56pm On Jun 15, 2012
webdezzi:
#MyQuestion

how did you expose someone whom you requested to be removed? this guy should be strapped to a drum and shot at close range
he must be made an example, if not, corruption has come to stay in Nigeria.

The video clearly has him stating that the 2 companies should be INVESTIGATED by the EFCC(I believe) to better ascertain what role they played and how much they ought to pay.

Let's at least not INJECT OUR OWN WORDS, and fears into all this. We are the victims here. Rather than getting carried away,and picking sides, why not wait to see how this all plays out and examine the real evidence in all of this. It is really in our best interest to stay composed so we are better able to judge these things in the end.
This scandal might turn out like many others before it most likely because the Nigerian people seem to be choosing to receive it in much the same way the have the many before.
Re: Video: How Farouk Lawan Asked Reps To Remove Otedola From Probe Report by urchonox: 2:02pm On Jun 15, 2012
[b][/b][b][/b]As long as we keep having the same kind and type of people in both upper and lower house,they will keep on playing and dancing the same kind of MUSIC(CORRUPTION)since i was a child i'v been hearing some names like OJO MADUEKE,DAVID MARK etc they keep telling us that we are the leaders of tommorrow.If we are the leader of tommorrow,what are they still doing there?My people both LAWAN FAROUK AND OTHERS,they are all CRIMINALS.In a matter of weeks all these will be swept under the carpet.USELESS DISHONOURABLE MEMEBERS

1 Like

Re: Video: How Farouk Lawan Asked Reps To Remove Otedola From Probe Report by Kobojunkie: 2:05pm On Jun 15, 2012
jimblaze: Why is everyone saying that Femi Otedola does not import fuel? Fellow nairalanders correct me if am wrong, but doesnt he own AP? and doesn't AP sell fuel?

You are right. Femi Otedola is CEO of African Petroleum.

https://www.nairaland.com/843129/protest-gates-otedola-owner-african

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Femi_Otedola

http://nigerianssavingnigerians.org/2012/01/10/occupy-nigeria-protesters-march-to-mansion-of-ap-ceo-femi-otedola/
Re: Video: How Farouk Lawan Asked Reps To Remove Otedola From Probe Report by pdozie: 2:18pm On Jun 15, 2012
IF subsidy is removed, it will have economic impact to every Nigerian. If it is not removed, humongous theft, corruption and riddle to Nigerian entity will continue. It therefore means that Nigerians will have to sacrifice and bear the impact of the removal should they want to see this avennue of corruption removed.
Definitly GEJ does not have what it takes to confront the cabal. Should I blame him? OBJ who we know is fearless was not able to tame them. He rather tactifully concealed their actions so no one knew what was going on.
GEJ will to an extent be commended for opening up. Yes he didnt have the balls to take them on but he had a plan to ensure they dont steal again.
If you ask me - Yes lets remove the subsidy. We can always adjust.

For those calling for the military - its an option of course. I used to toy with that option but not until I read most of the history books from 1966 Nzeogwu led coup to the Reprisal coup that threw up Gowon and so on, up until the civil war. Those were dark days occasioned by mistrust and same corruption that is ravaging us now.
Yes mistrust is the key word. From the North to East to West to South there is total mistrust right from the days of Saraudana. that seed of mistrust is the basis for bad governance we have today.
So instead of military intervention, I will rather call for re-structuring of Nigeria to regional provinces and have he center weakened. This is what Nigeria needed just before the civil war started and that need is yet to disappear.
Re: Video: How Farouk Lawan Asked Reps To Remove Otedola From Probe Report by Kobojunkie: 2:28pm On Jun 15, 2012
This issue has absolutely NOTHING to do with the existence, or none, of subsidy. Folks need to learn the art of NOT MIXING issues, especially UNRELATED issues such as these.
Re: Video: How Farouk Lawan Asked Reps To Remove Otedola From Probe Report by faithin9ja: 3:08pm On Jun 15, 2012
pdozie: IF subsidy is removed, it will have economic impact to every Nigerian. If it is not removed, humongous theft, corruption and riddle to Nigerian entity will continue. It therefore means that Nigerians will have to sacrifice and bear the impact of the removal should they want to see this avennue of corruption removed.
Definitly GEJ does not have what it takes to confront the cabal. Should I blame him? OBJ who we know is fearless was not able to tame them. He rather tactifully concealed their actions so no one knew what was going on.
GEJ will to an extent be commended for opening up. Yes he didnt have the balls to take them on but he had a plan to ensure they dont steal again.
If you ask me - Yes lets remove the subsidy. We can always adjust.

For those calling for the military - its an option of course. I used to toy with that option but not until I read most of the history books from 1966 Nzeogwu led coup to the Reprisal coup that threw up Gowon and so on, up until the civil war. Those were dark days occasioned by mistrust and same corruption that is ravaging us now.
Yes mistrust is the key word. From the North to East to West to South there is total mistrust right from the days of Saraudana. that seed of mistrust is the basis for bad governance we have today.
So instead of military intervention, I will rather call for re-structuring of Nigeria to regional provinces and have he center weakened. This is what Nigeria needed just before the civil war started and that need is yet to disappear.

How many governors have done well for the their regions? how many local government chairmen have done well for their local regions? how will dividing Nigeria into stronger regions make things better?
Re: Video: How Farouk Lawan Asked Reps To Remove Otedola From Probe Report by SkyBlue1: 3:10pm On Jun 15, 2012
scribble:

your argument is hogwash. Please be guided appropriately. Femi Otedola apart from owning synopsis and zenon also owns African Petroleum/forte oil which was also indicted.

besides just cause they did not benefit from PSF does not mean hhe didnt used the forex to finance oga jonah's campaign

I know it is difficult for some but read please. If you don't understand the point of the post, ask questions. Every single thing in that post still stands, and it is more about the integrity of the report if we can start putting things on and taking things off when we get "new information" nobody else but the committee knows about. Notice how I focused on companies listed on that post, and not Otedola also? Next time READ, then post. *sigh*
Re: Video: How Farouk Lawan Asked Reps To Remove Otedola From Probe Report by pdozie: 3:33pm On Jun 15, 2012
faithin9ja: How many governors have done well for the their regions? how many local government chairmen have done well for their local regions? how will dividing Nigeria into stronger regions make things better?
The events of the past shaped our behaviour of today. We expect the center to check and hold the LGA charimen reponsible when they do not perform. How may employees/appointees of the FG will check the LGA chairmen? If you regionalise it, then more efficient it should be (less people per region to be checked). Do you know how many courts/judges we have today in comparison to the number of cases in those courts. If you regionalise it, more courts and judges per region and lesser cases than what is obtained now to handle. Look at the police; we have people from West overseeing activities of policing in down North. For him to perform well, he will need another 2 years to acquaint himself with the environs.

Kobojunkie: This issue has absolutely NOTHING to do with the existence, or none, of subsidy. Folks need to learn the art of NOT MIXING issues, especially UNRELATED issues such as these.
Depends on where you are looking at it from. Except if I'm in the wrong post, the issue here is brbery scandal that is related to the subsidy investigation and report of house of reps. If there is no subsidy then there wont be an investigation and then there wont be this bribery scandal. Of course there is corruption in other segments but just IF there was no subsidy this very act of corruption involving Farrouk & Otedola will not exist.
Therefore This issue has absolutely SOMETHING to do with the existence, or none, of subsidy (My take)
Re: Video: How Farouk Lawan Asked Reps To Remove Otedola From Probe Report by cashcpt(m): 3:41pm On Jun 15, 2012
BabaOlowo: Cheap Thief, instead of holding up and resigning immediately, he is still lying. Anyway, he is among his fellow thieves, wont be surprised if this is swept under the carpet as usual and he keeps his seat in the House of Robbers! Bunch of Barawos, Oles, Onyiochis!!!

B4 nko? Ofcourse it wld be swept under the rug! Whatever happened with Dimeji Bankole, Salisu Buhari and Madam Etteh? Nobody is talkin abt dat anymore
Re: Video: How Farouk Lawan Asked Reps To Remove Otedola From Probe Report by Kobojunkie: 3:41pm On Jun 15, 2012
pdozie:
Depends on where you are looking at it from. Except if I'm in the wrong post, the issue here is brbery scandal that is related to the subsidy investigation and report of house of reps. If there is no subsidy then there wont be an investigation and then there wont be this bribery scandal. Of course there is corruption in other segments but just IF there was no subsidy this very act of corruption involving Farrouk & Otedola will not exist.
Therefore This issue has absolutely SOMETHING to do with the existence, or none, of subsidy (My take)

Again, this issue is NOT LINKED to the existence of subsidy or none, in Nigeria. The Subsidy issue is SEPARATE from this. That a senator appointed to the committed to investigate subsidy issue, has chosen or not chosen to dirty his own hands, changes nothing of the Subsidy ISSUE in the Nigeria.
Re: Video: How Farouk Lawan Asked Reps To Remove Otedola From Probe Report by chmod777: 3:55pm On Jun 15, 2012
Kobojunkie: This issue has absolutely NOTHING to do with the existence, or none, of subsidy. Folks need to learn the art of NOT MIXING issues, especially UNRELATED issues such as these.
is is rice importation probe we are talking about. Please think well. Some said there was no subsidy, eventually a probe revealed more than enough. unfortunately, the probe man is corrupt.

Could this have come into play if the govt did not attempt to remove subsidy ?

1 Like

Re: Video: How Farouk Lawan Asked Reps To Remove Otedola From Probe Report by AnotherOkija: 3:58pm On Jun 15, 2012
faithin9ja:

How many governors have done well for the their regions? how many local government chairmen have done well for their local regions? how will dividing Nigeria into stronger regions make things better?

Just one of those people suggesting poorly thought out ideas..
Re: Video: How Farouk Lawan Asked Reps To Remove Otedola From Probe Report by Piyke: 4:00pm On Jun 15, 2012
I observed how his hands were shaking when the speaker asked him to repeat his recommendation for Otedola's firms to be removed from the list shocked
Re: Video: How Farouk Lawan Asked Reps To Remove Otedola From Probe Report by Kobojunkie: 4:09pm On Jun 15, 2012
chmod777:
is is rice importation probe we are talking about. Please think well. Some said there was no subsidy, eventually a probe revealed more than enough. unfortunately, the probe man is corrupt.

Could this have come into play if the govt did not attempt to remove subsidy ?

Learn a simple lesson. . . You cannot meaningfully argue two unrelated issues. Fuel Subsidy problem is a whole different issue that started before this senate scandal, and will continue even long after this scandal is off the front pages of your news papers.

Typing the two makes no sense and hurts whatever you are trying to say. Yoruba term it arguing "Ta la n tolo" when the issue at hand is "To lo n tala".
Re: Video: How Farouk Lawan Asked Reps To Remove Otedola From Probe Report by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:14pm On Jun 15, 2012
Beaf:
[size=14pt]
When we told you #Occupy fools you were selling your damned souls to Lucifer and Baphomet, you thought it was a joke.
Your soul belongs to the cabal, bro. Because your ears are deaf, your eyes are blind and your mind is dead to the truth.

We warned you that you were fighting against the interests of your own future generations, but you responded with insults.
Hug your Farouk Lawan, bro. He is Satans spurn, designed for your exclusive taste.

Go and #Occupy stup!dly, as usual I'll be watching on TV.

The price of your soul? N65.00 per Litre.
[/size]

The demonstrations was †☺ fight against a scam called the subsidy And the case at hand shows that the subsidy figures may be a scam.

How does this incident make the demonstrations wrong?
Re: Video: How Farouk Lawan Asked Reps To Remove Otedola From Probe Report by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:23pm On Jun 15, 2012
DrugDoc: To think the Cabal would have been dead if the Nigerian people had allowed GEJ and NOI to kill it in January!!! Even if half of the subsidy savings is chopped by PDP, at least 500 billon naira will be invested into infrastructure as proposed by the economic team. Private refineries would take off within 2 years that would employ at least 50,000 to 100,000 Nigerians. Yes compare the amazing private giants GTB, Zenith, Diamond or Access to the govt. controlled banks of old. I don't support the PDP, but I know GEJ has done his best to steer Nigeria towards a better future but our own ignorance or wickedness is our greatest undoing.
[b]CONGRATULATIONS TO THE NIGERIAN PEOPLE, SNG AND NLC: YOU SAVED THE CABAL!!!

Wђã† have they done with Wђã† they have saved §☺ far? Which Cabal have they exposed §☺ far? I don't get the logic. What happened to all the billions of dollars in the reserve?
Re: Video: How Farouk Lawan Asked Reps To Remove Otedola From Probe Report by Sagamite(m): 4:48pm On Jun 15, 2012
Unfortunately, the Oil Subsidy probe report is now more worthless than the paper it is printed on and should be binned INSTANTLY!

After patiently reading up on the scandals reports coming from left and right to know if a bribery took place or is it just that corruption is fighting back, if I was a lawyer to any company on that report, I would get charges against them discharged as easy as if I was spreading butter on bread.

The report is completely worthless now in a legal case considering the crook that led the probe.

This Lawan is as guilty as they can be and all the other members of the committee are cretins, no sane Judge should or can take their opinions seriously.

Here are the plain evidence of how Lawan is guilty.

- Zenon and others claim they do not take, and have never, taken subsidy money but yet ended on the list of companies accused.
- Otedola contacted SSS that Lawan is asking for bribe and they used marked money to catch the cretinous criminal.
- After taking the bribe, Lawan asks that Otedola's companies be removed from the list of companies by NASS.
- Lawan denied ever getting money from Otedola but changed his story the next day.

How are you going to use a report led and created by such a fraudulent man?

Any government trying to use this is full of cretins!

Throw it in the bin and start afresh. Give then mudafucker the maximum jail sentence for his crime.

1 Like

Re: Video: How Farouk Lawan Asked Reps To Remove Otedola From Probe Report by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:49pm On Jun 15, 2012
bayooooooo:

Tainted and partial as the probe is, it has at least exposed one fact that what government is subsidizing is corruption and not fuel. That alone has proved Nigerian masses who protested against the removal of fuel subsidy right. Besides, a reasonable explanation has not been offered for the jump in subsidy funds of 2011 relative to 2010. That jump was not caused by Rilwan or Yar'Adua. It was under GEJ, supervisor EBELE! Rather than castigate Nigerian masses who protested against the removal of subsidy, they should be commended for their foresight. You can not use corruption to fight corruption. If subsidy is removed another cronies of GEJ will loot the funds with reckless abandon. This same GEJ was forced few years back to publicly declared his assets. Why has he refused to do so now? Is he hiding something? This same GEJ has been facilitating business for other "cabals" as per Malabu OPL 245 saga! To me, GEJ is the father of corruption in present day Nigeria. He merely set up greedy representathief Lawan to discredit the now worthless subsidy probe report. The so called "fideo" has been in existence for weeks and it's of recent that the saga now turned to a fast moving event with accusations and counter accusations. Perhaps If not for desperation of Lawan to turn the table against them by planning to bring cash to the House, nobody perhaps would have known about it now. Let's be watching, it remains to be seen if anything significant beyond go and sin no more will happen to Lawan.

As per private refineries? You say it as if we need more than two good refineries! You say it as if we will be exporting refined products to other surrounding countries. Refinery business is not as viable as it used to be and the trend world wide has more to do with folding up than expansion. 100000 jobs? Forget it. Don't join Aganga in propagating falsehood. The voodoo economics of "ploughing" back such funds can not work here in Nigeria. The subsidy buses promised to cushion the effect of suffering masses are still running between Aso Rock and NASS. It's better to believe Lucifer pronounced as Lusiferi in Yoruba than to listen to GEJ. He can't keep his word. He won't build any refineries. He won't release any buses. He has no policy direction. He is not different from OBJ et al. None of his ever increasing vows has been redeemed. He doesn't have the capacity to deliver. His best is below our worst expectations.

Save the sermon on NOI and Sanusi for another day. one, Sanusi is a square peg in a round hole. He's incompetent and still battling with plagiarism which is intellectual form of corruption or armed robbery. He does not have any credibility. I wont even mention the way he has been conducting himself which to say the least is unbecoming of a public servant. That apart, he does not have any cogent ideas that can drive the monetary policies of this government beyond devaluation. And NOI, don't make a general statement exonerating her of what is now GEJ administration of corruption. What will you say if suddenly another Dangodollar say there is "fideo" on her tomorrow? They are all the same. All mired in monumental corruption. They are presiding over the most corrupt regime in the history of this nation with stories of scandal springing up every minutes and all pointing at the presidency and its cronies.

I feel you here at least your not falling Foя̲̅ their Nollywood film.
Re: Video: How Farouk Lawan Asked Reps To Remove Otedola From Probe Report by thegoodjoehunt(m): 5:20pm On Jun 15, 2012
Turbocharged:
The bolded is exactly what Otedola want to achieve. To rubbish the whole report. Smart guy.
From day one many knew Otedola was not in the mix. I believe this whole Cabal issue is just a scam. Next a new committee will be formed and the cycle goes on.
Re: Video: How Farouk Lawan Asked Reps To Remove Otedola From Probe Report by Beaf: 9:13pm On Jun 15, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:

The demonstrations was †☺ fight against a scam called the subsidy And the case at hand shows that the subsidy figures may be a scam.

How does this incident make the demonstrations wrong?

No, the demo's and riots only showed people who were too selfish to even reason straight before rushing out unto the streets to shoot themselves in the foot. It is the foolishness of the people that empowered the likes of Lawan to drive the screw in even more.
There cannot be anything more tragic than a man desperately fighting to death to help his enemies overcome both himself and his family.

With #Occupy, which was masterminded by El-Rufai in coalition with two political parties and the oil cabal, we have seen how easy it is to fool the Nigerian populace; cos just like Farouk, they too have a price for their souls and those of their kids. In this case, the price is N65 per litre.

Unfortunate.

It is always better to rise above primal instict and apply cold logic to such matters. Today, we have seen the cold, hard, barren rock on which the absence of application of logic has placed us. Just a couple of months ago, the house of rep seemed like the knight in shining armour, riding in to save the beleaguered public... Yet, in the strangest of twists this afternoon, that same house spat on our collective sensibilities and rallied behind Farouk. They played a confidence trick on you, got your trust and then phucked you.
Tell me who has turned out the fool? Tell me who should have listened to wise words in the first place. Tell me who has been scammed.

...Some people even died.

Dude, we are better of using that subsidy money outside the petroleum sector. End the subsidy, then privatise the petroleum sector. Govt can do more with that money in agriculture, education, R & D, transport etc etc.
Wouldn't that have been a better bargain? Even if someone decides to play a smart one with such a system, the difference is stark; instead of the dark, opaque, mafia-like operations of the subsidy, we would have gotten a system that was open to scrutiny and accountable. Now, what do we have? Same old corruption fuckry, with the "saviour" reps now openly spitting on us. embarassed
Re: Video: How Farouk Lawan Asked Reps To Remove Otedola From Probe Report by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:45pm On Jun 15, 2012
Beaf:

No, the demo's and riots only showed people who were too selfish to even reason straight before rushing out unto the streets to shoot themselves in the foot. It is the foolishness of the people that empowered the likes of Lawan to drive the screw in even more.
There cannot be anything more tragic than a man desperately fighting to death to help his enemies overcome both himself and his family.

With #Occupy, which was masterminded by El-Rufai in coalition with two political parties and the oil cabal, we have seen how easy it is to fool the Nigerian populace; cos just like Farouk, they too have a price for their souls and those of their kids. In this case, the price is N65 per litre.

Unfortunate.

It is always better to rise above primal instict and apply cold logic to such matters. Today, we have seen the cold, hard, barren rock on which the absence of application of logic has placed us. Just a couple of months ago, the house of rep seemed like the knight in shining armour, riding in to save the beleaguered public... Yet, in the strangest of twists this afternoon, that same house spat on our collective sensibilities and rallied behind Farouk. They played a confidence trick on you, got your trust and then phucked you.
Tell me who has turned out the fool? Tell me who should have listened to wise words in the first place. Tell me who has been scammed.

Dude, we are better of using that subsidy money outside the petroleum sector. End the subsidy, then privatise the petroleum sector. Govt can do more with that money in agriculture, education, R & D, transport etc etc.
Wouldn't that have been a better bargain? Even if someone decides to play a smart one with such a system, the difference is stark; instead of the dark, opaque, mafia-like operations of the subsidy, we would have gotten a system that was open to scrutiny and accountable. Now, what do we have? Same old corruption fuckry, with the "saviour" reps now openly spitting on us. embarassed
First of all u are making statements with no proof. You don't know if Cabals or Rufai instigated the protests. Secondly Farouk and co. were never seen as saviours. What I am saying is that some people said the Subsidy claims by GEJ, and co. were false and didn't exist. Doesn't this case going on now favour the protesters. U are making it look as if it favours GEJ's claim.
Re: Video: How Farouk Lawan Asked Reps To Remove Otedola From Probe Report by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:54pm On Jun 15, 2012
Those protesters saw beyond the lies and promises which were all scams. Those who laid down their lives are heroes and their death won't be in vain.
Re: Video: How Farouk Lawan Asked Reps To Remove Otedola From Probe Report by Hazeezh(m): 9:56pm On Jun 15, 2012
just trying to probe him
Re: Video: How Farouk Lawan Asked Reps To Remove Otedola From Probe Report by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:05pm On Jun 15, 2012
Otedola said that you can't take 200 million dollars from CBN and not do the job. How come billions can leave undetected? This subsidy thing looks more a scam to me everyday and this Farouk's case convinces me more.
Re: Video: How Farouk Lawan Asked Reps To Remove Otedola From Probe Report by faithin9ja: 12:26am On Jun 16, 2012
3 months ago diesel was almost N168 per litre, no subsidy for diesel, now diesel is N150 per litre, no subsidy on diesel. All over Nigeria the are signs saying 'call this number for home diesel supply' . This is how a market works. When diesel and kerosine were deregulated almost 9 years ago we thought the country would die.

If there is no subsidy anyone can sell petrol at any price, we will not die. How many 'real Nigerians' benefit from petrol subsidy. Even those entering molue and luxury buses actually use diesel, small buses use petrol, so prices will go up by 20%, lorries that carry foodstuff use diesel, factories that use generators use diesel.

How many real Nigerians own cars, how many carpenters, washer men, farmers, primary school teachers, shoe makers, tailors, etc how many of these people own cars that benefit from the subsidy?
Re: Video: How Farouk Lawan Asked Reps To Remove Otedola From Probe Report by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:35am On Jun 16, 2012
Beaf:

Unfortunate.

By the way FAR-CROOK was working to prove that there are Cabals looting the Country. That supports GEJ'S claim than the protesters. So it is GEJ'S claim that empowered FAR-CROOK.
Re: Video: How Farouk Lawan Asked Reps To Remove Otedola From Probe Report by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:48am On Jun 16, 2012
faithin9ja: 3 months ago diesel was almost N168 per litre, no subsidy for diesel, now diesel is N150 per litre, no subsidy on diesel. All over Nigeria the are signs saying 'call this number for home diesel supply' . This is how a market works. When diesel and kerosine were deregulated almost 9 years ago we thought the country would die.

If there is no subsidy anyone can sell petrol at any price, we will not die. How many 'real Nigerians' benefit from petrol subsidy. Even those entering molue and luxury buses actually use diesel, small buses use petrol, so prices will go up by 20%, lorries that carry foodstuff use diesel, factories that use generators use diesel.

How many real Nigerians own cars, how many carpenters, washer men, farmers, primary school teachers, shoe makers, tailors, etc how many of these people own cars that benefit from the subsidy?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram / El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election / Rivers Rerun: Prepare Your Will – Dakuku To Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.