Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,542 members, 7,816,321 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

Most Plausible Reason Why Some Binis and Igbos Have Fairer Skin Colour - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Most Plausible Reason Why Some Binis and Igbos Have Fairer Skin Colour (29009 Views)

Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? / Why Do Some Yorubas Like Claiming The Binis Originated From Yorubaland? / Marriage Between Rivers People And Igbos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Plausible Reason Why Some Binis and Igbos Have Fairer Skin Colour by Nobody: 1:16am On Dec 11, 2012
ezeagu:
1. NOPE, Europeans NEVER hunted for slaves in the Igbo region otherwise they would have jamed the Aro who would not let them take away this trade so easily (the British only entered Aro in 1901 after fighting with the kingdom for months, with trenches and everything).

Kidnapping is different from conquering... It isn't news anymore that Europeans went into the hinterland in Africa to capture slaves by themselves... If they did the same thing around Africa(most were not documented), what makes you think they didn't do the same thing in Igboland??
Re: Most Plausible Reason Why Some Binis and Igbos Have Fairer Skin Colour by Nobody: 1:17am On Dec 11, 2012
Yeah The Nose thing is very much a "Nigerian" thing i agree

But many people do tend to believe Igbo's have very distinctive noses.

I also agree that they do.

Nothing to be Ashamed of as a Nigerian or as an Igbo, either way
Re: Most Plausible Reason Why Some Binis and Igbos Have Fairer Skin Colour by Nobody: 1:18am On Dec 11, 2012
ezeagu:

And is this the map that you've based your entire R1b Igbo European fantasy on? Did you actually try and check if this map was accurate and if r1b is common among Igbo population? R1b exists NOWHERE in West Africa.

This is the link: http://www.eupedia.com/europe/Haplogroup_R1b_Y-DNA.shtml

It's an academic source sponsored by the European union, not just any link...
Re: Most Plausible Reason Why Some Binis and Igbos Have Fairer Skin Colour by Crayola1: 1:19am On Dec 11, 2012
~Royal~:
Yeah The Nose thing is very much a "Nigerian" thing i agree

But many people do tend to believe Igbo's have very distinctive noses.

I also agree that they do.

Nothing to be Ashamed of as a Nigerian or as an Igbo, either way

Okay so when they can show they don't have a stable full of folks with large noses they can talk.
Some of you folks have problems being black and it shows.
Re: Most Plausible Reason Why Some Binis and Igbos Have Fairer Skin Colour by Crayola1: 1:20am On Dec 11, 2012
shymexx:

What kind of bootleg site is that cheesy

It would end in org or eu, not com...
Re: Most Plausible Reason Why Some Binis and Igbos Have Fairer Skin Colour by Nobody: 1:21am On Dec 11, 2012
Crayola1:

Okay so when they can show they don't have a stable full of folks with large noses they can talk.
Some of you folks have problems being black and it shows.

Can i ask a Question?

Why do you keep equating "Big Nose" and "Wide Nose" as being something negative?

I have not seen one person write anything about Big Noses being a sign of Negativity

But only to point out it's so called "African-Ness"

#TheInsecurityofmyBeautifulBlackSisters
Re: Most Plausible Reason Why Some Binis and Igbos Have Fairer Skin Colour by Nobody: 1:21am On Dec 11, 2012
Crayola1:

...... grin^...

umm.
Re: Most Plausible Reason Why Some Binis and Igbos Have Fairer Skin Colour by Nobody: 1:22am On Dec 11, 2012
The link alluded to migration, however, you don't expect them to say it's as a result of ra.pe, do you?? grin

I still don't know how Caucasians migrated to that part of the world... angry angry
Re: Most Plausible Reason Why Some Binis and Igbos Have Fairer Skin Colour by Nobody: 1:22am On Dec 11, 2012
Crayola1:

How's that a bootleg site??

Wikipedia is also a bootleg site then, no?? grin
Re: Most Plausible Reason Why Some Binis and Igbos Have Fairer Skin Colour by Crayola1: 1:22am On Dec 11, 2012
~Royal~:

Can i ask a Question?

Why do you keep equating "Big Nose" and "Wide Nose" as being something negative?

I have not seen one person write anything about Big Noses being a sign of Negativity

But only to point out it's so called "African-Ness"

#TheInsecutityofmyBeautifulBlackSisters

Its the way you say things that matter. African-ness doesn't exist Igbo people and the Khoi people are both African, so why don't they look alike?

You are not my brother so please step on with that fake bs.
Re: Most Plausible Reason Why Some Binis and Igbos Have Fairer Skin Colour by Nobody: 1:23am On Dec 11, 2012
Shymexx and this Guy are going toe to toe.

The Other Guy must be an Igbo, he is going HAM for his People.
Re: Most Plausible Reason Why Some Binis and Igbos Have Fairer Skin Colour by Crayola1: 1:23am On Dec 11, 2012
shymexx:

How's that a bootleg site??

Wikipedia is also a bootleg site then, no?? grin

Wikipedia is more credible than that site and that's saying something
Re: Most Plausible Reason Why Some Binis and Igbos Have Fairer Skin Colour by ezeagu(m): 1:23am On Dec 11, 2012
shymexx:

Kidnapping is different from conquering... It isn't news anymore that Europeans went into the hinterland in Africa to capture slaves by themselves... If they did the same thing around Africa(most were not documented), what makes you think they didn't do the same thing in Igboland??

NO, Europeans waited at the coast ALWAYS, this was even confirmed by Olaudah Equiano who trekked for days with his kidnappers across land and river to the coast where the boat was waiting.
Re: Most Plausible Reason Why Some Binis and Igbos Have Fairer Skin Colour by Nobody: 1:24am On Dec 11, 2012
Crayola1:

Its the way you say things that matter.

You are not my brother so please step on with that fake bs.

Point to a quote where i put a negative blend of spice onto my descriptions of Noses.

i Think it's all in your Head.

Re: Most Plausible Reason Why Some Binis and Igbos Have Fairer Skin Colour by ezeagu(m): 1:24am On Dec 11, 2012
shymexx:

And it says absolutely nothing about Igbo populations.
Re: Most Plausible Reason Why Some Binis and Igbos Have Fairer Skin Colour by Crayola1: 1:25am On Dec 11, 2012
~Royal~:

Point to a quote where i put a negative blend of spice onto my descriptions of Noses.

i Think it's all in your Head.

I could say the same for you.
Re: Most Plausible Reason Why Some Binis and Igbos Have Fairer Skin Colour by Nobody: 1:26am On Dec 11, 2012
I put the same "emphasis" on Lip Prominence as well

Notice the wording is Exactly the same

Yet you approached me to only complain about the statements i made about noses

and not lips

When i have intertwined them Both

This is a direct result of your own brainwashing and negative perceptions of "Big Noses"

So keep your insecurities on the Sideline "Sister"...Ight? cheesy

Re: Most Plausible Reason Why Some Binis and Igbos Have Fairer Skin Colour by pleep(m): 1:27am On Dec 11, 2012
Royal were is that graph you posted with Warya that basically proved that Igbo's and most other sub-saharen African are 100% negro
Re: Most Plausible Reason Why Some Binis and Igbos Have Fairer Skin Colour by Nobody: 1:28am On Dec 11, 2012
Oh ok in Other Words, you wanted Royal's attention?

You wanted me to see you?

Oh i understand lol

I see you mamii. {{{Mwuaahhzz}}} You Look good. kiss

Now back to the Igbo's...... cool
Re: Most Plausible Reason Why Some Binis and Igbos Have Fairer Skin Colour by Nobody: 1:28am On Dec 11, 2012
pleep: Royal were is that graph you posted with Warya that basically proved that Igbo's and most other sub-saharen African are 100% negro

Shhhhhhh,Let em fight.
wink
Re: Most Plausible Reason Why Some Binis and Igbos Have Fairer Skin Colour by Nobody: 1:29am On Dec 11, 2012
ezeagu:

NO, Europeans waited at the coast ALWAYS, this was even confirmed by Olaudah Equiano who trekked for days with his kidnappers across land and river to the coast where the boat was waiting.

Did they also wait at the coast in Angola-Kongo??

Most of things that happened during that era weren't documented - or probably kept in classified files except the few ones they couldn't hide..

The UK just announced last week that all its records during colonial times were missing... I bet they destroyed those files to hide what actually happened during the colonial era.. So many things happened, brother...

That's more reason why Africans need to do their own scholarships about their history to enlighten themselves...
Re: Most Plausible Reason Why Some Binis and Igbos Have Fairer Skin Colour by Nobody: 1:30am On Dec 11, 2012
I got the Graph Loaded in my Phone...But i don't want to kill the Entertainment.

Great Discourse
Re: Most Plausible Reason Why Some Binis and Igbos Have Fairer Skin Colour by Nobody: 1:30am On Dec 11, 2012
ezeagu:

And it says absolutely nothing about Igbo populations.

Did you check the map?
Re: Most Plausible Reason Why Some Binis and Igbos Have Fairer Skin Colour by Nobody: 1:32am On Dec 11, 2012
Crayola1:

Wikipedia is more credible than that site and that's saying something

How can wikipedia be more credible than that site??

The same wikipedia that can be edited by anyone?? grin
Re: Most Plausible Reason Why Some Binis and Igbos Have Fairer Skin Colour by ezeagu(m): 1:33am On Dec 11, 2012
shymexx:

Did they also wait at the coast in Angola-Kongo??

Most of things that happened during that era weren't documented - or probably kept in classified files except the few ones they couldn't hide..

The UK just announced last week that all its records during colonial times were missing... I bet they destroyed those files to hide what actually happened during the colonial era.. So many things happened, brother...

That's more reason why Africans need to do their own scholarships about their history to enlighten themselves...

OOOOOOO! CHIM O! Are we talking about Angola, or Namibia or Azerbaijan?!?!?!?!? If entire villages were running at the site of Europeans barely 150 years ago what makes you think European people had a presence in the area?
Re: Most Plausible Reason Why Some Binis and Igbos Have Fairer Skin Colour by Nobody: 1:33am On Dec 11, 2012
Ok, we now know that R1b halogroup is prominent among Igbos...

The next question should be - how did the halogroup get to Igboland??

Over to you, Ezeagu... grin
Re: Most Plausible Reason Why Some Binis and Igbos Have Fairer Skin Colour by ezeagu(m): 1:35am On Dec 11, 2012
By the way are we arguing about 150 years ago or 15,000 years ago?!?!?!
Re: Most Plausible Reason Why Some Binis and Igbos Have Fairer Skin Colour by bokohalal(m): 1:35am On Dec 11, 2012
@ PhysicsQED,there is only one 'Aybo' street by Isekhere/Ibiwe.You could even ask any driver or Okada to drop you there. The same pronunciation applies to the Bazuaye appellation not the 'e' as in 'Edward' which is for divinity.
No one is saying that there was large-scale admixture of races but to deny that there was none at all, would be fantastic.
Re: Most Plausible Reason Why Some Binis and Igbos Have Fairer Skin Colour by Nobody: 1:36am On Dec 11, 2012
ezeagu:
OOOOOOO! CHIM O! Are we talking about Angola, or Namibia or Azerbaijan?!?!?!?!? If entire villages were running at the site of Europeans barely 150 years ago what makes you think European people had a presence in the area?

I was just using Angola-Kongo as an example of how Europeans didn't just stay at the coast...

They also went into the interior...
Re: Most Plausible Reason Why Some Binis and Igbos Have Fairer Skin Colour by ezotik: 1:36am On Dec 11, 2012
shymexx: The link alluded to migration, however, you don't expect them to say it's as a result of ra.pe, do you?? grin

but the link said the migration took place 15k yrs ago and not some few centuries back. so it could not have come from colonialist like u suggested.
Re: Most Plausible Reason Why Some Binis and Igbos Have Fairer Skin Colour by Nobody: 1:37am On Dec 11, 2012
ezeagu: By the way are we arguing about 150 years ago or 15,000 years ago?!?!?!

We're arguing about the admixture, or lack thereof among Igbos and other Nigerians..
Re: Most Plausible Reason Why Some Binis and Igbos Have Fairer Skin Colour by Nobody: 1:38am On Dec 11, 2012
ezotik:

but the link said the migration took place 15k yrs ago and not some few centuries back.

15k years ago was the migration into the continent, not Igboland...

They were probably alluding to Egypt and the arrival of the Hyskos, or Greeks...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Things Nigerians Call Twice / Ooni Of Ife & Saheed Elegushi At Olubadan's Coronation (Photos) / Prince Salisu Bayero Marries Second Wife 2 Years After His Wedding (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.