Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,913 members, 7,828,193 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas - Travel (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas (435344 Views)

More Reasons Why Visa Applications Are Refused / Why Nigerians Are Refused US Visas / If You Are Refused A Canadian Visa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by lovesavvi: 1:31pm On Oct 23, 2013
kim k's girl:
they said they usually call, so let's be expecting a call from them.
Good Day I av nt hear anything frm dem and is abt a month nao. Av u hear anything frm ur side?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by nubiangyrl(f): 12:12am On Oct 24, 2013
Hello Vicjustice, justwise and fellow nairalanders, a friend of mine invited me to canada for visiting, and i have collated all my documents, however my employer just payed my september salary today after waiting for weeks, then in addition to that, they ended up paying cash instead of the usual transfer. Please i hope this delayed salary payment and cash payment would not be seen as a red flag or irregularity because this is the first time such is happening and i have been working with my employer for a while now Please i need your urgent response coz i'm at wits end, it's bad enough i have been hearing all sorts about how tough canadian embassy is. I have gathered all possible docs i feel will aid me, but this employer thingy is beyond me undecided
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 10:45am On Oct 24, 2013
nubiangyrl: Hello Vicjustice, justwise and fellow nairalanders, a friend of mine invited me to canada for visiting, and i have collated all my documents, however my employer just payed my september salary today after waiting for weeks, then in addition to that, they ended up paying cash instead of the usual transfer. Please i hope this delayed salary payment and cash payment would not be seen as a red flag or irregularity because this is the first time such is happening and i have been working with my employer for a while now Please i need your urgent response coz i'm at wits end, it's bad enough i have been hearing all sorts about how tough canadian embassy is. I have gathered all possible docs i feel will aid me, but this employer thingy is beyond me undecided
By your explanation, it is obvious that your job does not appear to look like one that is sustained and the credibility and reputation of your employer is in question.
Now, apart from the fact that your payment is irregular, it is also an additional foul that your employer paid you a salary in cash: It would be impossible to get a visa with such questionable employment.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by seyidollar4real: 3:47pm On Oct 24, 2013
Hello house, pls i will like to know if the balance in the SOA is verified or is it the closing balance that is worked on, also how will someone know he has been banned(canada application)
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 4:53pm On Oct 24, 2013
seyidollar4real: Hello house, pls i will like to know if the balance in the SOA is verified or is it the closing balance that is worked on, also how will someone know he has been banned(canada application)
Do you really assume that any printed documents containing bank account details are accepted without verification, are you serious?

1 Like

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by seyidollar4real: 5:30pm On Oct 24, 2013
[quote
author=Vicjustice]
Do you really assume that any printed documents containing bank account
details are accepted without verification, are you serious?[/quote]
i know for sure it is verified but want to know if withdrawing from d account after submission could affect the outcome.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by lightofjoy(m): 8:57pm On Oct 24, 2013
Hello, pls I have printed my account statement since three weeks ago when I have substantial closing balance. Pls can I still usee this statement dated three weeks ago. Thanks
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 9:55pm On Oct 24, 2013
lightofjoy: Hello, pls I have printed my account statement since three weeks ago when I have substantial closing balance. Pls can I still usee this statement dated three weeks ago. Thanks
You can still use it if nothing much has changed in it, but if there is a significant change, then be afraid, you could be alleged with fraud which may attract a ban

1 Like

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by lightofjoy(m): 10:07am On Oct 25, 2013
Thanks for your reply. Please I want to be educated more about this UK bond issue, are they still going ahead with it or what's the state now.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 1:14pm On Oct 25, 2013
lightofjoy: Thanks for your reply. Please I want to be educated more about this UK bond issue, are they still going ahead with it or what's the state now.
Though the issue of the £3000 bond was proposed, but unfortunately, there are controversies surrounding the idea and sadly, there are numerous heresy claims that i now consider it unreasonable to say which information is valid or invalid, I can't even verify a claim nor get comprehensive update even from authority
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by kunlebal(m): 10:15pm On Oct 25, 2013
Vicjustice:
Though the issue of the £3000 bond was proposed, but unfortunately, there are controversies surrounding the idea and sadly, there are numerous heresy claims that i now consider it unreasonable to say which information is valid or invalid, I can't even verify a claim nor get comprehensive update even from authority
Sup house, I have a brother that as been placed under ban @ the uk embassy for 10years, because he uses two different names. This is how it happen, he apply through an agent in 2008 with different name n was denied, reapply again in 2009 n denied again. He know working with a multinational company that want to send him to a conference in the uk, he applied with his real name n the embassy told him that he is un 10years ban since 2008 for using fake bank statement and fake name. What can he do to clear his name from the fake name
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 1:00am On Oct 26, 2013
kunlebal:
Sup house, I have a brother that as been placed under ban @ the uk embassy for 10years, because he uses two different names. This is how it happen, he apply through an agent in 2008 with different name n was denied, reapply again in 2009 n denied again. He know working with a multinational company that want to send him to a conference in the uk, he applied with his real name n the embassy told him that he is un 10years ban since 2008 for using fake bank statement and fake name. What can he do to clear his name from the fake name
NOTHING.

2 Likes

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by kunlebal(m): 6:53am On Oct 26, 2013
Vicjustice:
NOTHING.
Meaning sir
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by worry359(m): 8:00am On Oct 26, 2013
How simple do we have to make it??

Your brother is banned for 10 years for fake documents. UK takes this very seriously!

He can not reverse this by any means. No use appeals , lawers, begging or prayer!

Forget UK for at least 10 years.

2 Likes

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by kunlebal(m): 8:29am On Oct 26, 2013
worry 359: How simple do we have to make it??

Your brother is banned for 10 years for fake documents. UK takes this very seriously!

He can not reverse this by any means. No use appeals , lawers, begging or prayer!

Forget UK for at least 10 years.
Ok but can he clear his name because they have two names for one person in there system now and again what's the assurance that this will not be use against him in the future application after 10years. Clear his name in the sense that the first name is not his own that he was mislead by an agent.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by worry359(m): 8:42am On Oct 26, 2013
kunlebal:
Ok but can he clear his name because they have two names for one person in there system now and again what's the assurance that this will not be use against him in the future application after 10years. Clear his name in the sense that the first name is not his own that he was mislead by an agent.

No
This has been covered hundreds of times!
UK immigration say that he is totally responsible for all and any documents submitted.
Using the agent excuse will not work, they have heard it millions of times.
He must serve his 10 year ban.
Also yes you are correct, his ban could affect any later application.
To make things worse USA and other countries could pick up computer records, bad wahalla!

Your brother must now make his plans at home.

1 Like

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 10:12am On Oct 26, 2013
worry 359:

No
UK immigration say that he is totally responsible for all and any documents submitted.
To make things worse USA and other countries could pick up computer records, bad wahalla!

Actually, this applies for the US and Canada where such offender is punished for life, but as for the UK, there is technical chance for redemption after the 10 years ban
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by kunlebal(m): 10:14am On Oct 26, 2013
worry 359:

No

Tanx very much, really appreciate your response. am working presently on america student visa and my interview is next month, once I have it am planning to apply for uk visiting visa. I work as an account officer in an multinational automobile company with salary of 80K for the past 3yrs. This is my question as at this month the balance in my acct is 300K plus but hoping to safe up to 600K b4 end of nov 2013, can I apply for visiting visa with 600K statement @ the end of nov
Note: america student visa first next month n first week of december I want to apply for uk visiting visa with minimum of 600K in my acct
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 10:33am On Oct 26, 2013
kunlebal:
Technically, your brother will be eligible to apply again after the 10 has elapsed, but unless his circumstances have improved and he is able to prove his intentions beyond reasonable doubt, he would be meeting rejections for the flimsiest of reasons.
He can clear his name after the 10 years by providing credible academic documents with genuine birth cirtificate or age declaration to establish his true identity, he may also need a sworn affidavit as well as personal letter explaining his previous deception
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 10:37am On Oct 26, 2013
kunlebal:
Tanx very much, really appreciate your response. am working presently on america student visa and my interview is next month, once I have it am planning to apply for uk visiting visa. I work as an account officer in an multinational automobile company with salary of 80K for the past 3yrs. This is my question as at this month the balance in my acct is 300K plus but hoping to safe up to 600K b4 end of nov 2013, can I apply for visiting visa with 600K statement @ the end of nov
Note: america student visa first next month n first week of december I want to apply for uk visiting visa with minimum of 600K in my acct
Are you serious?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by kunlebal(m): 10:55am On Oct 26, 2013
Vicjustice:
Are you serious?
Don't mix it up bro, am not under ban but brother is. Am working on america student visa and my mum is my sponsor, but people told me that it is not advisable for parent to sponsor grow up child for visiting visa, since am also working.
Back to my question: can I apply for uk visiting visa with bank statement of 600K
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 2:07pm On Oct 26, 2013
kunlebal:
Don't mix it up bro, am not under ban but brother is. Am working on america student visa and my mum is my sponsor, but people told me that it is not advisable for parent to sponsor grow up child for visiting visa, since am also working.
Back to my question: can I apply for uk visiting visa with bank statement of 600K
I did understand you, I understood that you are on American student visa application, and also that you want to apply for a UK visit visa after that: and remarkably, you have N300k at the moment expecting to boost your accout to N600k in a few weeks time hence I asked the question: ARE YOU SERIOUS?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by kunlebal(m): 2:17pm On Oct 26, 2013
Vicjustice:
I did understand you, I understood that you are on American student visa application, and also that you want to apply for a UK visit visa after that: and remarkably, you have N300k at the moment expecting to boost your accout to N600k in a few weeks time hence I asked the question: ARE YOU SERIOUS?
Very bro, my school resume 6th of jan and I want to use a week(last week of december) with my elder brother in uk before traveling to the america. Can you tell me how I can about it
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by psquaret: 11:59pm On Oct 26, 2013
good day , I ve a cable visa to travel to Grenada and also I ve invitation letter sent by the Grenada citizen but I could not get any airline that will board because they said its cable pls can any one help with any way I can go with any airline pls
thank u
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 10:28am On Oct 29, 2013
psquaret: good day , I ve a cable visa to travel to Grenada and also I ve invitation letter sent by the Grenada citizen but I could not get any airline that will board because they said its cable pls can any one help with any way I can go with any airline pls
thank u
You are travelling to a destination that is virtually a visa-free country for Nigerian passport holders, and you want to apply for a UK transit visa?
What stops the embassy from suspecting that you would destroy your Nigerian passport in a UK airport toilet in order to claim asylum as a stateless person?
My friend, it doesn't work that way: be advised that it is easier to get a tourist visa to the UK than to get a UK transit visa to a destination of no economic reputation. And if you must apply for a transit visa, the onus is on you to convince the visa officer of your intention to proceed onward, and to explain your purpose of travelling to Grenada; you need a hefty bank statement (not that N400k).
check the entire list of documents that are required for a tourist visa and be advised that you need all of them if not more

1 Like

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Asorock1: 8:12am On Oct 31, 2013
Vicjustice and good people of nairaland, I greet you all. Please I want you to clarify me on the following issues for UK visit visa;

1.) if my tax is been deducted by my employer at the end of every month as PAYE, when applying for UK visa do i need to present income tax clearance cert. or just my pay slips to show the gross and net and tax deduction, or both tax clearance and pay slips

2.) my company pays my salary into my account through cash deposits every month and not transfer but showing the name of my company as the depositor, this is the company's policy does it have any negative effect on visa application or could be seen as normal.

3.) just like I explained in the US visit visa forum, I intend to withdraw 1m naira from my salary acct to complete the purchase of a 3m naira plots of land, and I will make this withdrawal before applying for the UK visa so it will appear in my statement of account leaving about 900,000 in my account, will this amount be seen as little for a 7 days trip I intend to have my friend inviting me to co-sponsor the trip maybe take care of the flight.

3.) i have some personal notes/explanations to make when submitting my application, like why I will withdraw that huge some amount from my account, my previous travel to Dubai and Ghana, my long term future plans as why I need to come back to Nigeria, how and what address do i refer to when making the notes/letter Do I need to include all this notes in one letter or separate

4.) Will i present a flight reservation confirmation in the application if i have my friend inviting me to be my sponsor for flight.

5.) Does the CO take into consideration how much percent tax one pays , cos my employer deducts 5% of my gross income as PAYE or does this percentage varies

6.) I won't lie to you my brothers but this is what I want to do, please no abuse , just advice me and whatever you say i will follow ,I intend to put single in my application when applying for the UK visa, I'm married with a kid but considering the fact about UK, I won't get the visa with a 145k monthly income and with a wife who is not up to a year with her present job and a dependant too. I put married in my passport, but I only need to boost my travel history with UK visit so i can better my chance for US visa next year. Please do I need to single in my apple location and won't the embassy find out the information from my passport even thought it doesn't appear in my bio data

7.) i have been refused US visa and france once but in my UK application i intend to say NO that I haven't been refused any visa since i have no rejection stamps from these embassies. Is it ok I say No or yes Will the UK embassy find out

I'm sorry this is long i believe others will learn from this too but if nairaland and God doesn't help me, WHO WILL

Anticipating your urgent reply vicjustice and belove brothers and sisters.

God bless you.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 12:00pm On Oct 31, 2013
Asorock 1: Vicjustice and good people of nairaland, I greet you all. Please I want you to clarify me on the following issues for UK visit visa;

1.) if my tax is been deducted by my employer at the end of every month as PAYE, when applying for UK visa do i need to present income tax clearance cert. or just my pay slips to show the gross and net and tax deduction, or both tax clearance and pay slips

2.) my company pays my salary into my account through cash deposits every month and not transfer but showing the name of my company as the depositor, this is the company's policy does it have any negative effect on visa application or could be seen as normal.

3.) just like I explained in the US visit visa forum, I intend to withdraw 1m naira from my salary acct to complete the purchase of a 3m naira plots of land, and I will make this withdrawal before applying for the UK visa so it will appear in my statement of account leaving about 900,000 in my account, will this amount be seen as little for a 7 days trip I intend to have my friend inviting me to co-sponsor the trip maybe take care of the flight.

3.) i have some personal notes/explanations to make when submitting my application, like why I will withdraw that huge some amount from my account, my previous travel to Dubai and Ghana, my long term future plans as why I need to come back to Nigeria, how and what address do i refer to when making the notes/letter Do I need to include all this notes in one letter or separate

4.) Will i present a flight reservation confirmation in the application if i have my friend inviting me to be my sponsor for flight.

5.) Does the CO take into consideration how much percent tax one pays , cos my employer deducts 5% of my gross income as PAYE or does this percentage varies

6.) I won't lie to you my brothers but this is what I want to do, please no abuse , just advice me and whatever you say i will follow ,I intend to put single in my application when applying for the UK visa, I'm married with a kid but considering the fact about UK, I won't get the visa with a 145k monthly income and with a wife who is not up to a year with her present job and a dependant too. I put married in my passport, but I only need to boost my travel history with UK visit so i can better my chance for US visa next year. Please do I need to single in my apple location and won't the embassy find out the information from my passport even thought it doesn't appear in my bio data

7.) i have been refused US visa and france once but in my UK application i intend to say NO that I haven't been refused any visa since i have no rejection stamps from these embassies. Is it ok I say No or yes Will the UK embassy find out

I'm sorry this is long i believe others will learn from this too but if nairaland and God doesn't help me, WHO WILL

Anticipating your urgent reply vicjustice and belove brothers and sisters.

God bless you.

1) Normally, and in a normal country where documents can be trusted without verification, it is ok to use your pay-slips alone, but because of the distrust of the Nigerian documentation, the embassy requires further proofs of tax compliance.

2) No negative effect, payment doesn't necessarily have to be made by electronic means.

3) This has more or less to do with the visa officer discretion, but be advised that VO does not like to think that an applicant's trip will vastly affect his financial stance. And as for your expecting a support from another person, that alone is enough to result in the refusal of your application.
3b) If you write a note together with the application, the note shouldn't need an address, simply enter your reference number at the top. But if need be, address the note to the ECO including your GWF or/and VAR number.

4) That is not necessary, ITINERARY means travel plans and associated arrangements that you have put in place, that is what is required, not just flight ticket.

5) No, as long as it is not fraudulent, what they care about is the genuineness of tax compliance.

6) That won't be a wise thing to do, N145k is about $1000 which isn't bad in world standard therefore, it is plausible in Nigerian standard: besides, there are people with half of that income, they still get visas with good financial circumstances.
Be warned that your intention would get you banned from the UK and may result in a life ban from the USA.
I should inform you that the information that you see in your passport are the things that you can visibly read, but 75% of the information that your passport contains are machine readable, meaning that they can only be read by diplomatic machines which are used by embassies and immigration authorities, therefore, they will definitely see that you are married
Furthermore, you may NEVER be able to rectify your marital status with the UK or the US as future attempts to correct this would result in complications

7) Give honest answer, gone are the day's that people can get visas by using deception, now-a-days, it is extremely difficult to use deceptive measures, you would be caught with grave consequences
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Asorock1: 6:28pm On Oct 31, 2013
Vicjustice:

1) Normally, and in a normal country where documents can be trusted without verification, it is ok to use your pay-slips alone, but because of the distrust of the Nigerian documentation, the embassy requires further proofs of tax compliance.

2) No, payment doesn't necessarily have to be made by electronic means.

3) This has more or less to do with the visa officer discretion, but be advised that VO does not like to think that an applicant trip will vastly affect his financial stance. And as for your expecting a support from another person, that alone is enough to result in the refusal of your application.
3b) If you write a note together with the application, the note shouldn't need an address, simply enter your reference number at the top. But if need be, address the note to the ECO including your GWF or/and VAR number.

4) That is not necessary, ITINERARY means travel plans and associated arrangements that you have put in place, that is what is required, not just flight ticket.

5) No, as long as it is not fraudulent, what they care about is the genuineness of tax compliance.

6) That won't be a wise thing to do, N145k by is about $1000 which isn't bad in world standard therefore, it is plausible in Nigerian standard: besides, there are people with half of that income, they still get visas with good financial circumstances.
Be warned that your intention would get you banned from the UK and may result in a life ban from the USA.
I should inform you that the information that you see in your passport are the things that you can visibly read, but 75% of the information that your passport contains are machine readable, meaning that they can only be read by diplomatic machines which are used by embassies and immigration authorities, therefore, they will definitely see that you are married
Furthermore, you may NEVER be able to rectify your marital status with the UK or the US as future attempts to correct this would result in complications

7) Give honest answer, gone are the day's that people can get visas by using deception, now-a-days, it is extremely difficult to use deceptive measures, you would be caught with grave consequences

Thanks vicjustice for that information, God bless you.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by herdeytohun: 9:46pm On Nov 02, 2013
This is an informative post.
Please can I go to for the embassy with only the cover letter from the bank without the bank statement of account??
Please reply
Thanks
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 5:21pm On Nov 03, 2013
herdeytohun: This is an informative post.
Please can I go to for the embassy with only the cover letter from the bank without the bank statement of account??
Please reply
Thanks
NO, the embassy desires to see the bank statement for scrutiny and consistency
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by kunlebal(m): 10:40am On Nov 06, 2013
Vicjustice: NO, the embassy desires to see the bank statement for scrutiny and consistency
@justwise n vicjustice, my america student visa was approved yesterday. so how can i go about uk visiting visa, because i want to apply at the end of the end. presently i have 400k in my salary acct and hopefully i should have 600k plus by month end. your advices will be really appreciated.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by namqul(m): 2:01pm On Nov 06, 2013
hi good people of nairaland i gave agent my passport and money to help me process my visa but what i got is red stamp on my passport, and a note from south africa embassy dat i forge bank statement. Please i want know maybe it is a ban and how many years or month is that

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (62) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Travelling To Canada / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.