Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,393 members, 7,812,157 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:11 AM

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas - Travel (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas (434699 Views)

More Reasons Why Visa Applications Are Refused / Why Nigerians Are Refused US Visas / If You Are Refused A Canadian Visa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 9:22am On Jul 09, 2014
ikswiss: Ok thanks.One more thing when someone overstays his tourist visa those the person eligible for a student visa?
It depends on the prerogative judgement of the visa officers to decide whether to overlook a previous abuser who is applying for an entry visa for a different purpose order than the type that s/he previously abused, or to impose a punishment: However, the nature and the cicircumstances of previous overstay may be taken into consideration.
Now, it is very possible that the violator did not get banned as a voluntary returnee, but if however s/he is placed under a ban, it would therefore depend on the type of ban whether it is limited to tourist visa only, or a mandatory general ban or outright ban which would affect any application for any category of visa..
So, I would say, (unless s/he is placed under a mandatory general ban) s/he can still be eligible for Student visa if the requirements are met, and s/he can satisfy the visa officer that s/he intends to abide by the terms and conditions of the student visa.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by 3sha4lyf: 9:57pm On Jul 09, 2014
italent101:
u too much thanks for your reply.... a university in China offered me an admission . n my fees tuition +accommodation n others less Dan 750k... like how much do u suggest I av in my sponsor account for d visa application?
I chose China because its still d best in d course m going for n I v frnd dia. course: communication in English.
thanks

https://www.nairaland.com/1261094/travelling-china..make-enquiries-here#up
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by moste50: 1:52pm On Jul 11, 2014
please i need advice
my visa was cancelled after a month and 1week of issued by Canadian embassy given the following reasons;

1. They said i made a mistake in the visa application I filled by saying no to their question asking if other countries had denied me visa (in which my two passport indicated) I mistakenly filled in that i have not been denied visas.

2. They said they heard information that I was not by planing to come back to Nigeria if I go to canada.

Immediately they said this, they cancelled my visas. I have hired an immigration lawyer to help me in the case, but do I have appeal grounds? pls advise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 3:42pm On Jul 11, 2014
moste50: please i need advice
my visa was cancelled after a month and 1week of issued by Canadian embassy given the following reasons;
1. They said i made a mistake in the visa application I filled by saying no to their question asking if other countries had denied me visa (in which my two passport indicated) I mistakenly filled in that i have not been denied visas.
2. They said they heard information that I was not by planing to come back to Nigeria if I go to canada.
Immediately they said this, they cancelled my visas. I have hired an immigration lawyer to help me in the case, but do I have appeal grounds? pls advise
If really there is evidence that you had been refused a visa to other countries before, and you answered "NO" to the question in your application form, then that action is deemed deceptive which is considered the most serious immigration offence and may carry a lengthy ban even a life ban.
Tourist visa to Canada can not be appealed, there is no need to waste you money to a lawyer who seemingly does not know whether you have a ground or not.
Now, if you must appeal the decission, on what ground are you making the appeal?
Appeal is not a means to plead for mercy, but rather, an avenue to contest a decision which you believe was a miscarriage of justice especially if you believe that your rights had been violated or that you were not given a proper treatment as merited.
So, if really you used deception in your application, I will advice you to forget about Canada for good.
The only way that you can overcome this predicament (in the fufuture) is if you marry a Canadian, then your spouse's rights will overrule your exclusion status

2 Likes

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by moste50: 5:24pm On Jul 11, 2014
Vicjustice:
If really there is evidence that you had been refused a visa to other countries before, and you answered "NO" to the question in your application form, then that action is deemed deceptive which is consudered the most serious immigration offence and may carry a lengthy ban even a life ban.
Tourist visa to Canada can not be appealed, there is no need to waste you money on a lawyer who seemingly does not know whether you have a ground or not.
Now, if you must appeal the decission, on what ground are you making the appeal?
Appeal is not a means to plead for mercy, but rather, an avenue to contest a decision which you believe was a miscarriage of justice especially if you believe that your rights had been violated or that you were not given a proper treatment as merited.
So, if really you used deception in your application, I will advice you to forget about Canada for good.
The only way that you can overcome this predicament (in the fufuture) is if you marry a Canadian, then your spouse's rights will overrule your exclusion status

THANKS FOR YOUR ADVICE, BUT I HOPE THE CANCELLED VISA WILL NOT BE AGAINST ME WHEN IAM APPLYING FOR VISAS TO OTHER COUNTRIES, IF YES, WHAT DO YOU THINK I SHOULD DO?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 8:07pm On Jul 11, 2014
moste50:
THANKS FOR YOUR ADVICE, BUT I HOPE THE CANCELLED VISA WILL NOT BE AGAINST ME WHEN IAM APPLYING FOR VISAS TO OTHER COUNTRIES, IF YES, WHAT DO YOU THINK I SHOULD DO?
Honesty is the only proactive measure in this situation as you don't want to get banned from every normal country.
Answer YES to the question regarding whether you have ever been refused a visa to any country: you may not need to explain every detail of the reason, but if you are asked to explain, then just accept the responsibility of making the mistake due to lack of confidence and the intimidating thought about the difficulty of Canadian visa. Blame it on inexperience.
You should be fine if you are considered to meet the requirements

1 Like

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by daybell007: 6:54am On Jul 16, 2014
Hello house, if a visa apllication is refused, how do you know from the passport if it is refused.Please i need ur response ASAP
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 7:22am On Jul 16, 2014
daybell007: Hello house, if a visa apllication is refused, how do you know from the passport if it is refused.Please i need ur response ASAP
Are you thinking of hiding the refusal from another embassy? If so, you are just planning your ban from western countries.
If you want my advice, there is no advantage in lying about a visa refusal: sweet lying will ruin your credibility, but bitter honesty can earn you trust
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Dudugirl2: 5:11am On Jul 17, 2014
Anyone in here experienced this before? my family and I recently applied for a UK tourist visa. However, my husband and children were issued their visas but I was refused because the entry clearance office wasn't satisfied that I am genuinely seeking entry for the purpose stated under HC 395 (I) and (ii). Limited right of appeal as well. I am willing to hear from people who have experienced this before and how they went about rectifying it. Thanks.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 8:50am On Jul 17, 2014
Dudugirl2: Anyone in here experienced this before? my family and I recently applied for a UK tourist visa. However, my husband and children were issued their visas but I was refused because the entry clearance office wasn't satisfied that I am genuinely seeking entry for the purpose stated under HC 395 (I) and (ii). Limited right of appeal as well. I am willing to hear from people who have experienced this before and how they went about rectifying it. Thanks.
Was your family applications in one package, I mean, did you all apply for the visas at the same time?
It will be better if you provide the content of the refusal notice, you may censor any information that you don't feel comfortable to display
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by d2ddayo(m): 4:54pm On Jul 17, 2014
good day, please i just want to ask this question, i was denied irish visa in 2010 after 5 different irish visas granted. reasons given were flimsy excuses. nways afterwards i had applied twice to schengen states visa which i was granted. i intend to renew my schengen again this august and afterwards apply for a uk visit visa. i want to know, what is the possibility of being granted and used without defaulting any immigration rule. all necessary documentations would be provided with a balance of bout 500hk. i am still single and never applied for a uk visa before except back when i was a young lad when my parents took me down. the major reason for my irish refusal was that the VO said i didnt disclose that my dad resides in ireland.... but the truth is that my dad was away when i was 12yrs and it was my stepfather who had been the one sponsoring all my trips from way back 2006 while i was in school. now i really want to apply for this countries by HIS grace, and i know the uk embassy will also ask if ever denied a visa within the last five years or so which i intend to state my reason. please i just want your candid advice on this. thank you.

1 Like

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 10:41pm On Jul 17, 2014
d2ddayo: good day, please i just want to ask this question, i was denied irish visa in 2010 after 5 different irish visas granted. reasons given were flimsy excuses. nways afterwards i had applied twice to schengen states visa which i was granted. i intend to renew my schengen again this august and afterwards apply for a uk visit visa. i want to know, what is the possibility of being granted and used without defaulting any immigration rule. all necessary documentations would be provided with a balance of bout 500hk. i am still single and never applied for a uk visa before except back when i was a young lad when my parents took me down. the major reason for my irish refusal was that the VO said i didnt disclose that my dad resides in ireland.... but the truth is that my dad was away when i was 12yrs and it was my stepfather who had been the one sponsoring all my trips from way back 2006 while i was in school. now i really want to apply for this countries by HIS grace, and i know the uk embassy will also ask if ever denied a visa within the last five years or so which i intend to state my reason. please i just want your candid advice on this. thank you.
Could you please make your query more comprehensible?

3 Likes

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by d2ddayo(m): 11:48pm On Jul 17, 2014
Vicjustice:
Could you please make your query more comprehensive?
all what am saying is that i intend to apply for a uk visa and my last application to ireland was denied. the EO said i didnt write that my dad resides in ireland. well my biological father is in ireland but my stepdad stays in nigeria who had been the one sponsoring all my up keep, travel trips and all for 18 yrs before three years ago i and my dad reunited. i had 5 irish visas granted before the last one and afterwards ve collected 2 schengen visas and i intend to renew it by august before facing uk. so now whats ur advice?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 2:05am On Jul 18, 2014
d2ddayo: good day, please i just want to ask this question, i was denied irish visa in 2010 after 5 different irish visas granted. reasons given were flimsy excuses. nways afterwards i had applied twice to schengen states visa which i was granted. i intend to renew my schengen again this august and afterwards apply for a uk visit visa. i want to know, what is the possibility of being granted and used without defaulting any immigration rule. all necessary documentations would be provided with a balance of bout 500hk. i am still single and never applied for a uk visa before except back when i was a young lad when my parents took me down. the major reason for my irish refusal was that the VO said i didnt disclose that my dad resides in ireland.... but the truth is that my dad was away when i was 12yrs and it was my stepfather who had been the one sponsoring all my trips from way back 2006 while i was in school. now i really want to apply for this countries by HIS grace, and i know the uk embassy will also ask if ever denied a visa within the last five years or so which i intend to state my reason. please i just want your candid advice on this. thank you.
d2ddayo:
all what am saying is that i intend to apply for a uk visa and my last application to ireland was denied. the EO said i didnt write that my dad resides in ireland. well my biological father is in ireland but my stepdad stays in nigeria who had been the one sponsoring all my up keep, travel trips and all for 18 yrs before three years ago i and my dad reunited. i had 5 irish visas granted before the last one and afterwards ve collected 2 schengen visas and i intend to renew it by august before facing uk. so now whats ur advice?
It is hard to figure out the advice that you desire because, you don't seem to be making any query except that you narrated your experiences.
Well, I suspect that you stated in your Irish application form that you have no relative in Ireland, therefore, if my suspicion is right, then you have (probably) been banned from the UK as well as from Ireland as both countries share same immigration database.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by penfold(m): 12:58pm On Jul 18, 2014
Vicjustice:
Could you please make your query more comprehensible?

@vicjustice
Loooong time, I can see you've been keeping up the good work...Kudos

I'm sure you'll feel like conking me for this question, but I'll still ask sha..

I'm not so conversant with US Visa requirements again, pls do they take the concept of 'cash lodgement' the same way our darling UKBA takes it too,or do they have a different set of rules??

I know it's a rookie question but pls oblige me...
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 2:01pm On Jul 18, 2014
penfold:
@vicjustice
Loooong time, I can see you've been keeping up the good work...Kudos
I'm sure you'll feel like conking me for this question, but I'll still ask sha..
I'm not so conversant with US Visa requirements again, pls do they take the concept of 'cash lodgement' the same way our darling UKBA takes it too,or do they have a different set of rules??
I know it's a rookie question but pls oblige me...
Yes, it very much applies the the US as well
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by d2ddayo(m): 2:47pm On Jul 18, 2014
Vicjustice:

It is hard to figure out the advice that you desire because, you don't seem to be making any query except that you narrated your experiences.
Well, I suspect that you stated in your Irish application form that you have no relative in Ireland, therefore, if my suspicion is right, then you have (probably) been banned from the UK as well as from Ireland as both countries share same immigration database.
nop i wasnt banned cus we requested if i was banned and was told no. officially by an immigration lawyer.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by 3sha4lyf: 3:04pm On Jul 18, 2014
d2ddayo:
nop i wasnt banned cus we requested if i was banned and was told no. officially by an immigration lawyer.

You shouldn't have any issue, you see, just as you have "narrated" your experience here, you should be able to summarise the key points on your uk VAF, FRANKLY stating that you were refused previous visa, the country of refusal, the reason for refusal and in the additional section, your appeal to the ECO.
You should be fine, putting all docs intact and doing the right thing.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Godwilling: 5:46pm On Jul 18, 2014
HELLO my people hope everyone is doing well .. please can anyone answer this question below. I saw it in the USA student section but no answer was given as am in a similar situation am wondering whether anyone can help answer this please. am new here so pardon any mistake I might have made in posting this.

Hi, fellow nairalanders, i need your assistance and input concerning my situation. I started my undergrad in the UK but missed my renewal date and tried to appeal it for over a year to no avail. I finally decided to come back to nigeria voluntarily and then transfer to the US this year. I applied for my student visa and then got rejected due to a silly error i made in filling my ds-160 - where it asked if you have any family in the us, i answered 'yes'. I truly don't have any family in the US. I guess that was the reason for my rejection because she didnt ask for any of my supporting documents. So here are my questions:
1. Would my previous overstayer status in the uk affect my entry into the us?
2. How do i prove that i have no ties in the us without getting done for misrepresentation?
3. How do i prove my ties at home with my family? (My father, who lives in nigeria is my sponsor)
4. Will my passport get stamped or my name get flagged if i get rejected a second time?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 1:19am On Jul 19, 2014
Godwilling:
HELLO my people hope everyone is doing well .. please can anyone answer this question below. I saw it in the USA student section but no answer was given as am in a similar situation am wondering whether anyone can help answer this please. am new here so pardon any mistake I might have made in posting this.
Hi, fellow nairalanders, i need your assistance and input concerning my situation. I started my undergrad in the UK but missed my renewal date and tried to appeal it for over a year to no avail. I finally decided to come back to nigeria voluntarily and then transfer to the US this year. I applied for my student visa and then got rejected due to a silly error i made in filling my ds-160 - where it asked if you have any family in the us, i answered 'yes'. I truly don't have any family in the US. I guess that was the reason for my rejection because she didnt ask for any of my supporting documents. So here are my questions:
1. Would my previous overstayer status in the uk affect my entry into the us?
2. How do i prove that i have no ties in the us without getting done for misrepresentation?
3. How do i prove my ties at home with my family? (My father, who lives in nigeria is my sponsor)
4. Will my passport get stamped or my name get flagged if i get rejected a second time?

1) If they do background check on you UK experience, then, certainly it will affect your chance (and I'm positive they will
2) That is a question that only you have the answer to.
3) That is another question that you can answer best
4) Not necessary, they have your finger prints as well as your eye scan
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by daybell007: 2:11pm On Jul 19, 2014
Thanks for your response to my previous question.I intend submitting my application fo study visa at the Italian embassy but I am confused/need clarification on it

I av BN nominated by the company I worked that they are going to sponsor me and cater for all my maintenace in Italy nd I av BN given a letter to confirm that nd as well company's account statement.the issue is nw d balance on d statement as at 14th of July is around 10m bt I av BN given appointment for submisson on 25th July.my fear now is that since it s a company account the balance might have reduced durn my submission and confirmation might be done on the account.pls kindly advise me as I am out of time nw.Pls
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by manchit: 2:40pm On Jul 19, 2014
hi vicjustice

Can you please advice a bit on money lodging

I have to deposit 250000/- in to my bank account for scenhgen VISA as advised by my travel agent

I have made the following entries ( all amount are in indian rupees )

14 july : cash deposit of 30,000/-
15 july : cash deposit of 12,000/-
17july : cash deposit of 21,000/-
17 july : online transfer from my mothers account of 100,000/-
18 july : cash deposit of 15,000/-

Will I have to justify this for the interview? I and my wife are going on a group tour for 8 days to schengen countries.
My yearly income on the business income tax return slip shows as 2,50,000 for the last financial year.
How do I justify the cash deposit entries? Atleast the online transfer I can show it as a gift from my mother.

1 Like

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 2:40pm On Jul 19, 2014
daybell007: Thanks for your response to my previous question.I intend submitting my application fo study visa at the Italian embassy but I am confused/need clarification on it
I av BN nominated by the company I worked that they are going to sponsor me and cater for all my maintenace in Italy nd I av BN given a letter to confirm that nd as well company's account statement.the issue is nw d balance on d statement as at 14th of July is around 10m bt I av BN given appointment for submisson on 25th July.my fear now is that since it s a company account the balance might have reduced durn my submission and confirmation might be done on the account.pls kindly advise me as I am out of time nw.Pls
Please, next time, write in standard English and spellings.

Being given the company's statement of account does you mean that you are entitled to spend from the fund, or that the money is available for your use, therefore, the presentation of the company's account can not satisfy the visa officer.
Let your company issue you a cheque with the amount of money that is needed to cover your trip, or let them pay the money into your account so you can present the evidence of fund with an official cover letter making remark of the origin and the purpose of payment/issuance.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by 3sha4lyf: 6:50pm On Jul 19, 2014
manchit: hi vicjustice

I have to deposit 250000/- in to my bank account for scenhgen VISA as advised by my travel agent

Will I have to justify this for the interview? I and my wife are going on a group tour for 8 days to schengen countries.
My yearly income on the business income tax return slip shows as 2,50,000 for the last financial year.
How do I justify the cash deposit entries? Atleast the online transfer I can show it as a gift from my mother.

Definition of your act is "Money lodgement for visa purpose"
Travel Agents will tell you to make large deposits in ur account in small bits to show the ECO u can cater to your trips but what they don't tell you is that those bits of deposits, and the frequency at which they are made, need to be coherent with previous deposits in your account over the previous months.

I wonder why your travel agent didn't tell you "how to justify the cash deposit entries" after "advising" you to make 250000 rupees deposit.

Goodluck.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by mamaxxx: 3:07am On Jul 21, 2014
Quick question; My visa was canceled at the POE in the united states. i intend on applying for another visa immediately as i am going for the purpose of childbirth and time is not on my side. Anyadvice?

Ps. My visa was canceled for reason of insufficient funds
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 9:47am On Jul 21, 2014
manchit: hi vicjustice
A travel agent that advices you to lodge money into your account does not deserve to be a travel agent.
I will advice you to flee from him before he forges any document that would get you banned.

1 Like

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 9:49am On Jul 21, 2014
mamaxxx: Quick question; My visa was canceled at the POE in the united states. i intend on applying for another visa immediately as i am going for the purpose of childbirth and time is not on my side. Anyadvice?

What's your question?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by worry359(m): 10:01am On Jul 21, 2014
mamaxxx: Quick question; My visa was canceled at the POE in the united states. i intend on applying for another visa immediately as i am going for the purpose of childbirth and time is not on my side. Anyadvice?

So do you have sufficient funds avaliable now?
Have you made plans and paid at a hospital for childbirth?
If NOT then you are wasting your time & money by re-applying.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 21, 2014
What can one use to show evidence of strong ties as the US interview is only a few minutes. My interview is coming up on the 7th of August and I am 28 years old unemployed. My dad and my 1st cousin that is a US citizen is sponsoring the trip. I recently just concluded my NYSC after studying in the UK?

NB: My cousin is getting married on the 9th of August and we have received the IVs.

What are my chances?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 5:50pm On Jul 21, 2014

This is for you:
https://www.nairaland.com/1050974/warning-pregnant-women-travelling-abroad
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by mamaxxx: 9:20pm On Jul 21, 2014
Vicjustice: What's your question?

I always had the funds available and I've got my account statement to prove this. I just didn't travel with it in cash. What are my chances if i reapply immediately?

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (62) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 / Travelling To Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.