Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,968 members, 7,814,263 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2173) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4397462 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2170) (2171) (2172) (2173) (2174) (2175) (2176) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by talltosyne: 5:59am On Jun 11, 2019
gracygem100:
Hi Mama's wat do I do to make my 9months old eat food. He doesn't like pap at all, vomits baby cereals, today he likes rice. indomie, tomorrow he doesn't.
He only likes semo which is not always available.
It is sometimes confusing and frustrating thinking of wat to prepare for him.

Any idea pls?

Try our freshly home made yoghurt with, am sure he will likes it. U can ask Zaynie
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bloomingbud(f): 7:51am On Jun 11, 2019
hunniesuzie:
Lmaoooo, me I'm not stressing myself, we fight the fight, one day he will realise I'm more stubborn than he is and teeth brushing is going nowhere, till that day, we lock ourselves down and struggle

See me thinking I'm the only one that fight my children over brushing, I hold both hands and put the legs in between my legs cos I got tired of singing and cajoling to brush teeth. If the thing turn brown na they go insult.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nimi22(f): 11:38am On Jun 11, 2019
Bloomingbud:

See me thinking I'm the only one that fight my children over brushing, I hold both hands and put the legs in between my legs cos I got tired of singing and cajoling to brush teeth. If the thing turn brown na they go insult.

I thank God I didn't strangle my son on Sunday because we were both frustrated. I was holding his legs with mine and then I didn't realize my arm was wrapped around his neck, thank God I checked my self on time at the end of the day he still got a little bruise on his lower gum. I'm still baffled at why a 19month old will think he can brush his teeth perfectly on his own
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nimi22(f): 11:41am On Jun 11, 2019
hunniesuzie:
Lmao, he will sing the song, brush teeth for teddy, brush teeth for mummy, daddy and grandma, yet we still lock ourselves down like say na gidigbo we wan fight

Ours is that he will collect the brush and mimic me brushing then rinse the brush and return to me to keep. It is when I have to re-brush our problems start.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Frozenelsa(f): 11:56am On Jun 11, 2019
My able mamas I have come again ooo, pls come to my aid.

DS has refused to sit, he is more than 4months and whenever he is placed to sit, he pushes himself and slides down, I don tire, how can I make him sit.

BM flows from his left nose whenever we lie down to breastfeed at night, what could be the cause?

Rashes keep coming and going around his genitals, I keep to strict hygiene and use tribotan, we use molfix diaper...still the same, I am tired oooo. we have been battling this since he was 3weeks.

cc giddyperson
hunniesuzie
zaynie
every mama
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by completey(f): 12:48pm On Jun 11, 2019
Just checking in, February 2018 mamas how are you doing and your kids?

Please let's be watchful and this is not the time to allow kids to play without monitoring. 2 kids in my place of work drank sniper this morning before they left home. Mother and after not around and they left them with their young uncle to take care of them.
Thank God the class teacher was vigilant, they have been admitted in the hospital. May God always protect these innocent and harmless kids.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chinnybaby99: 2:21pm On Jun 11, 2019
Frozenelsa:

DS has refused to sit, he is more than 4months and whenever he is placed to sit, he pushes himself and slides down, I don tire, how can I make him sit.

BM flows from his left nose whenever we lie down to breastfeed at night, what could be the cause?

Rashes keep coming and going around his genitals, I keep to strict hygiene and use tribotan, we use molfix diaper...still the same, I am tired oooo. we have been battling this since he was 3 weeks.

cc giddyperson
hunniesuzie
zaynie
every mama

Patiently, teach him to sit. He'll learn. Some ladies I know started teaching baby to sit by 6 months so 4 months is not too late. Support him with pillows. When he gets tired allow him rest. Just keep trying daily b4 you know it he'll be sitting on his own.
I didn't experience such maybe the bm is flowing much. Other mommas go chook mouth.
We use blueseal Vaseline and my baby has never had rashes. I have used different diapers mainly Molflix and Bebem and yet his genitals are smooth and he's always in diapers. We are currently using bebem cause it's affordable. You can try blueseal Vaseline. Apply generously.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Frozenelsa(f): 2:33pm On Jun 11, 2019
Chinnybaby99:

Patiently, teach him to sit. He'll learn. Some ladies I know started teaching baby to sit by 6 months so 4 months is not too late. Support him with pillows. When he gets tired allow him rest. Just keep trying daily b4 you know it he'll be sitting on his own.
I didn't experience such maybe the bm is flowing much. Other mommas go chook mouth.
We use blueseal Vaseline and my baby has never had rashes. I have used different diapers mainly Molflix and Bebem and yet his genitals are smooth and he's always in diapers. We are currently using bebem cause it's affordable. You can try blueseal Vaseline. Apply generously.

Oh the relief....Thank you so much mama. I will try the Vaseline and see how it goes.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 2:52pm On Jun 11, 2019
Frozenelsa:

Rashes keep coming and going around his genitals, I keep to strict hygiene and use tribotan, we use molfix diaper...still the same, I am tired oooo. we have been battling this since he was 3weeks.

cc giddypers
every mama

You have to hold him or support him with pillows for now. My baby is headed for 6 months and still can't sit for long without toppling over. It always cracks me up, but one day i'd wake up and realise he can sit for long without tumbling, that's how it happens, so enjoy every phase.

For diaper, change him every 4 hours, make sure the wipes you're using isn't harsh. I use angel wipes. If these don't work then try a different brand of diaper.

For breastfeeding, prop up his head with a little pillow or folded wrappers, if it continues, you may have to sit up at night to breastfeed. Maybe it's running to fast and due to his position it keeps going the wrong way.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 3:36pm On Jun 11, 2019
Hi Mama,

1. Just keep trying, he'll figure it out, prop him up with pillows (preferably a nursing pillow). He still has time to learn
2. Stop lying down to feed him until you can figure it out. Do you use a pillow for him? The milk is flowing the wrong way
3. Try changing his diaper more frequently, also try blue seal vaseline as a barrier cream. You may want to change diaper if this doesn't work

Other mamas may come with better solutions

Frozenelsa:

cc giddyperson
hunniesuzie
zaynie
every mama
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fyngal1(f): 4:10pm On Jun 11, 2019
Chinnybaby99:

please, that bebem diaper, is it good?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MsBA: 4:45pm On Jun 11, 2019
Rbae:
Hello mama's. I want to start selling Jimpo ori and black soap (wholesales and retail). As soon as i get my supply I'll let you all know. Thanks.

Hi mama, hows baby? How far with jimpo? Have u started the business? and if in lag. where's your location? keep me posted please.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chinnybaby99: 5:22pm On Jun 11, 2019
Fyngal1:

please, that bebem diaper, is it good?
So far so good and we have been using it since he was 3 months old and he's 6 months now. I change when I notice it is full with wee or has pooed. Most times 2 in the morning and 2 at night.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fyngal1(f): 5:34pm On Jun 11, 2019
Chinnybaby99:

So far so good and we have been using it since he was 3 months old and he's 6 months now. I change when I notice it is full with wee or has pooed. Most times 2 in the morning and 2 at night.

alright. thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Frozenelsa(f): 5:51pm On Jun 11, 2019
hunniesuzie:
Hi Mama,

1. Just keep trying, he'll figure it out, prop him up with pillows (preferably a nursing pillow). He still has time to learn
2. Stop lying down to feed him until you can figure it out. Do you use a pillow for him? The milk is flowing the wrong way
3. Try changing his diaper more frequently, also try blue seal vaseline as a barrier cream. You may want to change diaper if this doesn't work

Other mamas may come with better solutions

Awwww...... Thank you mama. Team blue seal Vaseline from now on. I will try to sit up to breast feed at night too, e go hard oooo.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dingbang(m): 5:52pm On Jun 11, 2019
The convener of the Arise Women Conference, Dr. (Mrs) Siju Iluyomade presents the fourth edition of the Handmaidens Women in Leadership Series (WiLS), which is a fellowship of Christian women that enlightens and empowers them sufficiently to enable them have the desired impact on our society that they are uniquely positioned to have.

The fourth edition of the Women In Leadership Series (WiLS) will take place by 10am on Tuesday 25th June 2019 at the Convention Centre of Eko Hotel & Suites, Victoria Island, Lagos. The theme is Leading Women - Building Legacies #builttolast

The Keynote speaker is Dr. Olufunmilayo Olopade, a renowned hematology Oncologist and Professor of medicine and human genetics at the University of Chicago. There will also be panel discussions by distinguished leading ladies from various works of life as published on the e-flyers below.

Admission is free but registration is required. Please kindly register now via https://www.handmaidenswils.org

Twitter, facebook and instagram @handmaidenswils

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9578513_img20190607wa0008_jpeg336b2ad1434c0968bf1b5f6412e574dc

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9578514_img20190607wa0009_jpeg4c5843a3c576a9e5d8fbec2f839043c5

The story so far…

Dr. (Mrs) Siju Iluyomade is a phenomenal woman and a legacy builder who has touched the lives of women and children across Nigeria, her previous notable works include;

1. ARISE, A Faith based NGO that is committed to accelerating nation building through the empowerment of women in the society, passionate about the health of women and free preventive medical care being offered to women in the area of HIV tests, eye tests, blood pressure and blood sugar level tests.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6519921_kpadw73_jpeg4d1bacae82ebac9245f43efa172783de

https://http://www.arisewomenconference.org/
https://www.nairaland.com/4130405/arise-faith-based-ngo-provide

2. ARISE ABUJA 2017 – DAFARA LIBRARY PROJECT. A construction of modern library for the people of Dafara, Abuja.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9585473_img20180326wa0011_jpega621069792d71a9d85ed15e927659ebe

3. ARISE ABUJA MEDICAL OUTREACH 2016.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9585479_2_jpegea571676ce9b75b0730a5d56350ae93e

Why every woman should attend this program

The maiden edition of the WiLS discussion forum of high profile panelists was led by the Chief Convener of WiLS, Dr. (Mrs) Siju Iluyomade who, along with the special guest of honour, a former Minister of Communications, Mrs Mobola Johnson held very frank and intimate discussions around matters that are pertinent not just to the Nigerian woman but to society at large. The program was a resounding success with over 500 participants from all walks of life in attendance including professional women, business owners, home makers and women in government. Participants came from as far as Abuja to attend this half day event which was over-subscribed.
Given the very high popularity of the session in 2016, we held our 2017 session themed, “Leading Women: in challenging times”. The Keynote speaker was Mrs. Olusola Momoh, the Vice Chairman of Channels Media Group. She along with a panel of leading women in industry, professional practice, business and other diverse fields spent some time sharing their thoughts on important subjects for all women.

In 2018, the theme of the Leadership Series Conference was tagged "Leading Women, Breaking Barriers." The keynote speakers were Mrs. Funke Adekoya (SAN) and Rear Admiral Itunu Hotonu. The panelists included Kate Henshaw, Foluso Gbadamosi, Captain Adebanke Olayiwola and other leading women in the industry who gave wonderful speech.

This event will expose you as a woman to greater heights, business intelligence as well as growing your network. Don't miss this opportunity!!!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9585525_screenshot20190608232810_jpeg971eecc1c33dce22175547a2e48d6db9
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Frozenelsa(f): 5:53pm On Jun 11, 2019
Giddyperson:

You have to hold him or support him with pillows for now. My baby is headed for 6 months and still can't sit for long without toppling over. It always cracks me up, but one day i'd wake up and realise he can sit for long without tumbling, that's how it happens, so enjoy every phase.

For diaper, change him every 4 hours, make sure the wipes you're using isn't harsh. I use angel wipes. If these don't work then try a different brand of diaper.

For breastfeeding, prop up his head with a little pillow or folded wrappers, if it continues, you may have to sit up at night to breastfeed. Maybe it's running to fast and due to his position it keeps going the wrong way.

Taking care of little ones is really fun. Thank you mama. let me put all these to action.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rabluk(f): 8:01pm On Jun 11, 2019
Frozenelsa:

cc giddyperson
hunniesuzie
zaynie
every mama
Changed from mofix to huggies...Nigerian huggies sef and the rash has disappeared ever since. B4 it goes and comes back. I also use water to wash up when we're home n only use wipes outdoors. I don't know if tho'se were the cause but it worked 4me. As for sitting, my 4months baby too will either lean to her side or front whenever i put her to sit. Now i use pillows to support her. I'm not so worried, i think they'll learn with time.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Frozenelsa(f): 9:04pm On Jun 11, 2019
rabluk:

Changed from mofix to huggies...Nigerian huggies sef and the rash has disappeared ever since. B4 it goes and comes back. I also use water to wash up when we're home n only use wipes outdoors. I don't know if tho'se were the cause but it worked 4me. As for sitting, my 4months baby too will either lean to her side or front whenever i put her to sit. Now i use pillows to support her. I'm not so worried, i think they'll learn with time.

I guess I have to be extra patient then. As for changing diaper, I started with pampers today and used blue seal for diaper cream. let me see how it goes this week. Thank you so much mama.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Darsty99: 8:09am On Jun 12, 2019
Hello mamas. Please can i deworm my six months old baby?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JstBrave(f): 8:18am On Jun 12, 2019
Darsty99:
Hello mamas. Please can i deworm my six months old baby?

No ma'am. Deworm when he is 1 year old, and then every six months.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by UmmuFarrah(f): 8:22am On Jun 12, 2019
JstBrave:

No ma'am. Deworm when he is 1 year old, and then every six months.
Hello ma, plz that deworming of a thing, do I have to take my girl to hospital for it or their is a drug I can just buy on my own to give her? She is 1 year and 2weeks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Phlota(f): 9:26am On Jun 12, 2019
Sorry for the late response, been ill. Don't have access to the mail I used in opening this account again. Can you please send your number 0 7 0 6 0 8 8 1 3 1 8

Lehwah:
okay ma, can you come pick it up. Send me a pm so I can send you the address
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JstBrave(f): 10:06am On Jun 12, 2019
UmmuFarrah:

Hello ma, plz that deworming of a thing, do I have to take my girl to hospital for it or their is a drug I can just buy on my own to give her? She is 1 year and 2weeks

You don't need to take her to the hospital ma'am.

I got this from the atp group on Facebook

"There are different types of deworming drugs and they can be bought without a doctors prescription.
Albendazole is a good choice. The dosage should be given to you by the pharmacist based on your child's age"
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by UmmuFarrah(f): 11:55am On Jun 12, 2019
JstBrave:

You don't need to take her to the hospital ma'am.

I got this from the atp group on Facebook

"There are different types of deworming drugs and they can be bought without a doctors prescription.
Albendazole is a good choice. The dosage should be given to you by the pharmacist based on your child'
OK then. Thank you ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rbae: 1:34pm On Jun 12, 2019
[quote author=MsBA post=79232745]

Hi mama, hows baby? How far with jimpo? Have u started the business? and if in lag. where's your location? keep me posted please.[/quote

Hello mama. I haven't started due to some reasons. I was advised not to invest money on it cos it'll tie my cash down.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ladyP30(f): 3:03pm On Jun 12, 2019
Good day to all the divine mothers here. Pls come to my aid my son of 7 months has refused to eat oh, from pap,friso rice,cerelac,nutribom,even our normal food,is only breast he like sucking nd that alone can't hold him.pls what can I do he is sliming down he is not sick oh he is only teething. thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 3:08pm On Jun 12, 2019
Ayauche where's our birthday cake angry angry. Sorry is late, happy birthday to your baby.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ohferanmi(f): 3:08pm On Jun 12, 2019
Good afternoon my fellow mothers . I need your urgent suggestion for the Cure for baby rash gone bad. I have tried so many options.....baby tribotan, funbact A....Thank you mas
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ayauche(f): 3:40pm On Jun 12, 2019
FloraEC:
Ayauche where's our birthday cake angry angry. Sorry is late, happy birthday to your baby.

Hahahaha choi Flo yaff catch me. I go waybill ur cake ooo. Thank u so much sis,God bless u. How are the kids doing?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by GreaterGraceGG(f): 3:57pm On Jun 12, 2019
ladyP30:
Good day to all the divine mothers here. Pls come to my aid my son of 7 months has refused to eat oh, from pap,friso rice,cerelac,nutribom,even our normal food,is only breast he like sucking nd that alone can't hold him.pls what can I do he is sliming down he is not sick oh he is only teething. thanks
Only teething? Did I hear u say ONLY?
Was he eating well before you notice that he is teething? If yes, then teething is the cause. Continue to breastfeed him. My dd won't eat whenever she is teething, but once she is relieved, she eats well

(1) (2) (3) ... (2170) (2171) (2172) (2173) (2174) (2175) (2176) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.