Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,506 members, 7,826,909 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

GEJ Sacks NSA Azazi, & Defence Minister Bello Haliru - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Sacks NSA Azazi, & Defence Minister Bello Haliru (26654 Views)

Azazi, Yakowa Die In Helicopter Crash? / El-Rufai Backs NSA Azazi's Statement On Boko Haram / President Jonathan And NSA Azazi Are The Managers Of Boko Haram- Elrufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Sacks NSA Azazi, & Defence Minister Bello Haliru by Eazeee(m): 7:57am On Jun 23, 2012
A Colonel 2 replace a General abi? ok oh
Re: GEJ Sacks NSA Azazi, & Defence Minister Bello Haliru by rhymz(m): 8:07am On Jun 23, 2012
There is something so unsettling about this new NSA guy having ties with the likes of IBB.
Anyway, Azazi's removal is long overdue, he realy handled security issues without tact and the finesse needed.
The defence minister was a total failure. However, Mr President must be careful not to surround himself with security chiefs whose allegiance are with former dictators that ran this country down.
My fingers are crossed and I am still watching events.
Re: GEJ Sacks NSA Azazi, & Defence Minister Bello Haliru by Pakavy(m): 8:08am On Jun 23, 2012
calaway:

please donot mix-up middlebelt with the north
and dats exactly were i wanted 2 b enlightened.southern zaria and northern zaria na average northerner for example?
Re: GEJ Sacks NSA Azazi, & Defence Minister Bello Haliru by Mandelaguy(m): 8:11am On Jun 23, 2012
calaway: REGARDLESS OF WHAT THE NORTHERN LEADERS SAY ON CAMERA. BOKO HARAM ENJOY THE SUPPORT AND SYMPATHY OF THE AVERAGE NORTHERNER/MUSLIM.
It is really shameful that people here and say that BH enjoy their support and sympathy. Lives are been destroyed,people are dying,businesses are grinding to a halt. Wake up folks,wake up.....you at killing your region.
Re: GEJ Sacks NSA Azazi, & Defence Minister Bello Haliru by kennytidistar(m): 8:14am On Jun 23, 2012
dem dey plan coup dem no know say Jonathan can rule from anywhere all the serving generals should get set to leave it is part of the home cleaning!
Re: GEJ Sacks NSA Azazi, & Defence Minister Bello Haliru by Anderson121(m): 8:24am On Jun 23, 2012
shymmex:

I have never seen 'naira' in my life, so how the phuck would I land on one, cu.nt face?

Eat a bowl full of dycks, and hop off my nutz. undecided
where d Bleep r u frm then? Mars i gues.
Re: GEJ Sacks NSA Azazi, & Defence Minister Bello Haliru by otokx(m): 8:25am On Jun 23, 2012
Azazi has only himself to blame
Re: GEJ Sacks NSA Azazi, & Defence Minister Bello Haliru by Nobody: 8:32am On Jun 23, 2012
I tot we have satellite in space, why dont we use it to help the army curtail BH on the ground. Ie if a cluster of people are gathering at an unusual place wit the help of the satellite, troops should be sent there
Re: GEJ Sacks NSA Azazi, & Defence Minister Bello Haliru by Delafruita(m): 8:47am On Jun 23, 2012
ordinarily,its not azazi's job to secure the nation.he's just an adviser without a cabinet position.right from the beginning,jonathan favoured azazi with enormous powers which should have been vested in the security chiefs.besides azazi did his job by stating the root cause of boko haram i.e. PDP while jonathan failed to do his own job.he hasnt taken any step to combat bokoharam except to send in JTF to kill footsoldiers.he has claimed to know the sponsors and hasnt gone after any of them.even the ones arrested,their cases are shoddily prosecuted by the office of the attorney general.is it azazi's fault that his boss doesnt take his advice?is it sensible to replace a 4 star general with a colonel?not just any colonel but colonel dasuki who owed his rise in the military to IBB and his retirement with a sizeable pension to abacha.how is a colonel supposed to get the allegiance of generals,admirals and air marshalls?people just shout halleluia when they hear a sack,but then they fail to analyse the situation
Re: GEJ Sacks NSA Azazi, & Defence Minister Bello Haliru by Delafruita(m): 8:49am On Jun 23, 2012
otokx: Azazi has only himself to blame
in what way?
Re: GEJ Sacks NSA Azazi, & Defence Minister Bello Haliru by uzomagic(m): 9:02am On Jun 23, 2012
CuteTj: And so? Will that stop the bombings- NO, Will that stop corruption- NO, Will that make petrol price reduce which will in turn reduce cost of goods & services- NO. They probably will be redeployed to other ministries or get compensated with some other political appointment as is the norm. So for that reason, IM NOT CONCERNED!
You can't keep doing the same thing and expect a different result. Having failed to tackle insecurity, they should leave
Re: GEJ Sacks NSA Azazi, & Defence Minister Bello Haliru by rasputinn(m): 9:02am On Jun 23, 2012
i'm not comfortable with this
How is Sambo Dasuki,who is IBB's boy,the best candidate for the NSA job?
Mr President,tread carefully,tread carefully I say
Re: GEJ Sacks NSA Azazi, & Defence Minister Bello Haliru by rasputinn(m): 9:13am On Jun 23, 2012
"The government appointed him and has asked him to go. The President is under political pressure and not everything is classified and made public. When NSA asked that Buhari be invited for questioning, Jonathan kicked against it. When he suggested that some people be brought in and questioned, he kicked against it saying it is a ploy to scatter his government. So, really, it’s all about the president’s softness (weakness) but he appointed him and he has removed him"......Mike Awe,Azazi's media spokesman
Re: GEJ Sacks NSA Azazi, & Defence Minister Bello Haliru by Delafruita(m): 9:15am On Jun 23, 2012
icon aus: GEJ action was laudable. Despite the muslems negative atitude he went a head to put in a muslem dasuki as NSA that goes to show that he believes in one nigeria and he is smart to know that is only moslems that can stop BOKO if they want . Therefore Dasuki would not want to fail otherwise he ll be sacked . He knows the button to play to nip the BOKO satanic.

It appears risky but in the long run, it is a smart move. Kudos GEJ. The haters clog their eyes hence cannot see the intelligent move by GEJ . Also i admire his leadership skills . He does not move quickly to sack people as he always give people time to make amends and d0 their duties; in event the person continues to flop , he wouldnt have any option than to sack that person.is good to always give people chance. It is a good qualility a leader must posses .
what sense does your post make?what exactly is a NSA's job?he is just supposed to be an adviser.his job is to analyse security situation and inform his boss on the best way to proceed.it is left to his boss to either accept or reject his advice.i firmly believe that before azazi made his "pdp is bokoharam" speech,he must have made the same pitch to his boss who rejected his advise just as he rubbished it when azazi made the pitch publicly.all apparatus to combat bokoharam rests with jonathan and not azazi or haliru.jonathan controls the army,airforce,navy,police,SSS,etc.he also controls the attorney general who has failed in his duty of prosecuting suspected bokoharamists.is azazi also to blame for the fact that after more than a year,no progress has been made in the case of senator ali ndume who is beyond all reasonable doubt a financier of bokoharam?is azazi also to blame for the inability of the police to investigate borno state government officials for the presence of kabiru sokoto in their governor's lodge?is azazi to blame for the fact that former governor of borno,ali modu sheriff,who was fingered for been a financier and backer of bokoharam hasnt even been interrogated and shortly after the revelations came to light,was a guest of jonathan at aso rock?mind you,i restricted my observation to the jonathan presidency because jonathan is the failure in this case not azazi.what more,he replaces a 4 star general with a colonel who has close ties to IBB and abacha
Re: GEJ Sacks NSA Azazi, & Defence Minister Bello Haliru by Delafruita(m): 9:15am On Jun 23, 2012
icon aus: GEJ action was laudable. Despite the muslems negative atitude he went a head to put in a muslem dasuki as NSA that goes to show that he believes in one nigeria and he is smart to know that is only moslems that can stop BOKO if they want . Therefore Dasuki would not want to fail otherwise he ll be sacked . He knows the button to play to nip the BOKO satanic.

It appears risky but in the long run, it is a smart move. Kudos GEJ. The haters clog their eyes hence cannot see the intelligent move by GEJ . Also i admire his leadership skills . He does not move quickly to sack people as he always give people time to make amends and d0 their duties; in event the person continues to flop , he wouldnt have any option than to sack that person.is good to always give people chance. It is a good qualility a leader must posses .
what sense does your post make?what exactly is a NSA's job?he is just supposed to be an adviser.his job is to analyse security situation and inform his boss on the best way to proceed.it is left to his boss to either accept or reject his advice.i firmly believe that before azazi made his "pdp is bokoharam" speech,he must have made the same pitch to his boss who rejected his advise just as he rubbished it when azazi made the pitch publicly.all apparatus to combat bokoharam rests with jonathan and not azazi or haliru.jonathan controls the army,airforce,navy,police,SSS,etc.he also controls the attorney general who has failed in his duty of prosecuting suspected bokoharamists.is azazi also to blame for the fact that after more than a year,no progress has been made in the case of senator ali ndume who is beyond all reasonable doubt a financier of bokoharam?is azazi also to blame for the inability of the police to investigate borno state government officials for the presence of kabiru sokoto in their governor's lodge?is azazi to blame for the fact that former governor of borno,ali modu sheriff,who was fingered for been a financier and backer of bokoharam hasnt even been interrogated and shortly after the revelations came to light,was a guest of jonathan at aso rock?mind you,i restricted my observation to the jonathan presidency because jonathan is the failure in this case not azazi.what more,he replaces a 4 star general with a colonel who has close ties to IBB and abacha
Re: GEJ Sacks NSA Azazi, & Defence Minister Bello Haliru by jonahgeo(m): 9:28am On Jun 23, 2012
GEJ should rather take Responsibility of all the MESS and Resign instead of his DIVERSIONARY tactics. Ultimately, everything Boils down to his Desk as the C-in-C of the Fed Rep of Nigeria.
Re: GEJ Sacks NSA Azazi, & Defence Minister Bello Haliru by namfav(m): 11:15am On Jun 23, 2012
some people are made scapegoats, gej has to look at himself
how many people have been sacked? since 2010 we've been hearing of people getting sacked or move but things remain the same
Re: GEJ Sacks NSA Azazi, & Defence Minister Bello Haliru by TRUTHTELA: 11:17am On Jun 23, 2012
NSA, must go was Bokoharam's first condition for negotiations and your president just met the condition.He failed to learn from history, obviously his end is near.
Re: GEJ Sacks NSA Azazi, & Defence Minister Bello Haliru by peruso: 11:19am On Jun 23, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]
[/size][size=8pt][size=8pt][/size] undecided
ok[b][/b]
so im supposed to comment here abi_ nonsense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! someone tht was due to be sacked over two years ago is being sacked today and yet i shold make a comment. then that will make me as stupid as the person that sacked him. mtchewwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: GEJ Sacks NSA Azazi, & Defence Minister Bello Haliru by basadenet: 11:46am On Jun 23, 2012
I hope this step does not back fire. May be the President had forgotten one thing that person he just fired happens to be from his own area and the person that had been shielding him form Boko Bombers attack. Now that he has appointed an Hausa Man then the President should not sleep with his two eyes closed because if he does, that might spell doom for him. It is a wrong step by sacking Gen. Patrick Aziza.
Re: GEJ Sacks NSA Azazi, & Defence Minister Bello Haliru by popin5(m): 11:52am On Jun 23, 2012
There are always repercusions for our deeds. To what level are you selfish?
Re: GEJ Sacks NSA Azazi, & Defence Minister Bello Haliru by kiev002(m): 12:11pm On Jun 23, 2012
TRUTHTELA: NSA, must go was Bokoharam's first condition for negotiations and your president just met the condition.He failed to learn from history, obviously his end is near.

I think OUR president knws this already. Maybe he has sum kind of plan.....time will tell.
Re: GEJ Sacks NSA Azazi, & Defence Minister Bello Haliru by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jun 23, 2012
shymmex: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

And the conspiracy thickens.. undecided undecided undecided

exactly whats on my mind, the Guy is going in deeper shocked
Re: GEJ Sacks NSA Azazi, & Defence Minister Bello Haliru by Kobojunkie: 12:14pm On Jun 23, 2012
namfav: some people are made scapegoats, gej has to look at himself
how many people have been sacked? since 2010 we've been hearing of people getting sacked or move but things remain the same

True that. So many firings but not a lot of changes.
Re: GEJ Sacks NSA Azazi, & Defence Minister Bello Haliru by Kobojunkie: 12:17pm On Jun 23, 2012
otokx: Azazi has only himself to blame

Do you mind explaining how Azazi is to blame? He was an Adviser to the President. Plus none of the tribalists can claim the reason he failed is cause he is northern(the typical jargon we get from some and something we know is not true in this case).

So pray tell, what did he do WRONG? I don't know as I have not been monitoring this man's 1 year appointment so I really would like you to help us understand what it is he is to blame for.
Re: GEJ Sacks NSA Azazi, & Defence Minister Bello Haliru by DaLover(m): 12:31pm On Jun 23, 2012
ifeci: He was fired for saying the truth!

In your bid to pull a man down by all means, the man is always wrong....

Azazi is sacked...you say he was fired for saying the truth....
Azazi retains office...you say gej is a tribalist that will never fire his ijaw brother.....

When people just yap for the sake of yapping...they end up making themselves irrelevant to the scheme of things...

Can you imagin any body taking shymex, the retardeen crew (dayokanu and dumbdumb), kobojunkie serious whenever they criticize gej?
Re: GEJ Sacks NSA Azazi, & Defence Minister Bello Haliru by pingpong1: 1:56pm On Jun 23, 2012
DaLover:

In your bid to pull a man down by all means, the man is always wrong....

Azazi is sacked...you say he was fired for saying the truth....
Azazi retains office...you say gej is a tribalist that will never fire his ijaw brother.....

When people just yap for the sake of yapping...they end up making themselves irrelevant to the scheme of things...

Can you imagin any body taking shymex, the retardeen crew (dayokanu and dumbdumb), kobojunkie serious whenever they criticize gej?

So what's your point? Those of you who wine and dine with GEJ can you please tell us why he was relieved?
Re: GEJ Sacks NSA Azazi, & Defence Minister Bello Haliru by Kobojunkie: 2:03pm On Jun 23, 2012
ping pong:

So what's your point? Those of you who wine and dine with GEJ can you please tell us why he was relieved?

Exactly!! I keep reading things like he had it coming/he did something wrong/Jonathan did Good by firing him/he had himself to blame . . . .But, No one seems to be telling us what exactly he did wrong to be fired only after a year, like many of his predecessors.
Re: GEJ Sacks NSA Azazi, & Defence Minister Bello Haliru by DaLover(m): 2:06pm On Jun 23, 2012
ping pong:

Bro, i don't know why he was relieved, my guess is that Gej has lost confidence in him.....

But my point is that perpetual blind attacks on the president renders you irrelevant.for instance Bakare
Re: GEJ Sacks NSA Azazi, & Defence Minister Bello Haliru by Kobojunkie: 2:07pm On Jun 23, 2012
sammyzacks: Azazi to me, did not display the charisma of a general. He was just a bloody civilian handling the office of the NSA like a security novice.

I don't think you are referring to the same General Owoye Andrew Azazi that was just fired.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Owoye_Andrew_Azazi
Re: GEJ Sacks NSA Azazi, & Defence Minister Bello Haliru by tribalism(m): 3:49pm On Jun 23, 2012
some minds are already made. GEJ enjoy your time while it lasts. way forward.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerians Blast Army For Declaring Ahmad Salkida Wanted / PDP Can’t Continue With ‘imposition Of Candidates’ — David Mark / Crisis Over Revenue Collection Turns Bloody In Kogi, Properties Destroyed.Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.