Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV - Politics (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV (35670 Views)

Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat / How Would You Rate GEJ's Presidential Media Chat? / GEJ Talks To The Media: Presidential Media Chat Live! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by werepeLeri: 7:40am On Jun 25, 2012
So Kobojunkie is a man? Wonders.
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by brabus(m): 8:09am On Jun 25, 2012
GEJMedia Chat - The waiting game continues!

Meanwhile, a Nigerian was sentenced to death for stealing less than $20.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by DaLover(m): 8:41am On Jun 25, 2012
Akainzo:

None of those situations includes amending an existing law validly passed by the legislature of the Federal Republic of Nigeria! Renaming Unilag can ONLY be done by an act duly passed by the National Assembly amending the University of Lagos Act 62 of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and not by a pronouncement of GEJ.

Hope this clarifies for yourself and Ekwah, you guys can avail yourself of a Senior Secondary School textbook on Government should you guys have missed that class by chance while in school

Bros did you see this part of my post?

DaLover:

There are certain situations where the president can make a public pronouncement before sending it to senate to ratify....
He just signed the uniuyo into existance...Gowon gave bakassi to camaroon....

better yet...if the senate rejects it....then the unilag name reverts....

But why is your bad belle so much for this gentle man who has become our presido?
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by DaLover(m): 8:48am On Jun 25, 2012
dedeike: kobojunkie, just admit that you were more interested in spreading falsehood on Nairaland than paying attention to the presidents speech during the chat. The question was, Mr. President why didn't you declare your assets publicly. the president now responded that he always had issues with declaring his assets publicly because it was beyond what the law says. He says the one he declared publicly as VP wasn't so long before he took over as acting president. Stop spreading your ignorance further. Ask anybody you know in authority, Assets declaration forms must be filled before any swearing in ceremony is performed. It's a precondition that must be fulfilled. Why do you think the opposition in the House has kept quiet over it? Ordinarily, failure to declare assets is an impeachable offence because it violates the constitution so the ACN or CPC in the National Assembly would hve headed for Gej's neck if he had breached it. But that's not the case. GEJ declared his assets in the frm but it is his principle not to make it public and it's extra constitutional to do so

The woman or man, kobojunkie, will never admit she is wrong, as long as its GEJ.
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by DaLover(m): 8:52am On Jun 25, 2012
ahidjo: [size=13pt]In a country, where 99% are blind. In a country where 99% can not make intelligent arguement devoid of sentiments and emotions. In a country where the arguements of about 99% can not withstand intellectual and logical scrutiny, the one-eyed man will continue to be the king. Nigeria will continue to be a joke as long as we continue to allow misfits to continue to rule. Is the end to these in sight? definitely not. At least not with the tacit support of some proudly ignorant folks here who are mostly paid to support mediocrity. Yes it is said that "he that settles for lowered standards celebrates mediocrity". That is the situation of Nigeria today. Some support mediocrity because of lack of knowledge. Others support it because of the financial gains the reap from such unholy support. The media chat today, was not dissappointing to me after the last disgraceful media chat where the president was shamelessly defending oil thieves. Let me say that no amount of preaching, sermonizing or inaction can change any nation, Nigeria in particular. Yes Jonathan was right to order investigations but the crucial part of the issue is ensuring that no crime goes unpunished. At least that is how decent countries operate. Nigeria, to my estimation has the highest number of financial fraudstars in both the private and public circus at least as we read in the papers everyday yet non (at least the big ones) are going to jail. None since 1999. This country will never move forward until we set up an enquiry to look into how all monies appropriated since 1999 till date at all levels-local to federal, were used and all those found to have stolen the money made to pay back and sent to jail. Anything short of that will amount to continued celebration of incompetence and mediocrity. You can see that this is a tall task for our incompetent leaders and their supporters most of whom are paid to attack anyone that opposes Jonathan's methods. Let me also say that I have come to this conclusion that the biggest mistake we ever made as a nation was allowing the whiteman leave on October 1, 1960. Had they continued to stay, say till 1990, Nigeria would have continued to maintain the giant of Africa status. I took this conclusion after waiting patiently to see things change since 1999. I will also love to be proved wrong that a black man especially the Nigerian type can lead intelligently in the mist of largely ignorant, mischievous and docile citizenry. Paid agents over to you[/size]

There is actually no meaningful point in this plenty write up...
Same old complaints ....abeg move on....
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by uzomagic(m): 9:09am On Jun 25, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I believe the very first thing we need to stop doing, as Nigerians, is LYING on BEHALF of politicians. Are you suggesting that a trip to a photo-op that many in the environmental community now deem a failure, was part of president's duties but staying back to fight the scourge blowing Nigerians to smithereens is not?

Do you know that many other countries stayed away from Brazil . . . we are talking countries dealing with their own crisis. . . but nothing close to what Nigeria is dealing with at the moment. Greece and Spain of course stayed away. United States, England, Germany, stayed away, about 20 others also did. Why? because many of them were busy tackling issues such as their economy, something that seemed to be top on their priorities at this time. Nigeria's issue? Terrorism but instead, our President flies off to an Environmental summit.

Now, when you talk of Government grinding to a halt, I wonder if you know the reason why we have a vice president at all. Nothing stopped or diminishes Government if the President sent the VP in his stead. I mean even Yar adua, who did not somehow trust Jonathan, at least knew to send someone else in his stead (his wife on occassion) so he could stay back in Nigeria and pretend he cared for the people. Now I am holding brief for that man but he did get some things right. Do Presidents take up arms themselves? No. That's the work of the military an he said quite clearly that not travelling to Brazil would send wrong signals to the international community and this would be bad for the image of a Country in dire need of foreign investment. Boko Haram is bad enough as it takes the lives of innocent Nigerians. To deny the rest of the Country the benefits of foreign investors on account of the killings in the North will only take us backwards

Which Boko Haram leader? The ones the US only this week put on terrorist list abi which one again? No prominent Boko Haram leader was killed. Those are on the terrorist list now. The man that was killed was ALLEGEDLY linked. According to those who killed him, he was a leader that masterminded an attack but even on Aljazeera, the reporter said that was the information they got and there was ofcourse no way to verify the claims since that was all our authorities wanted to say of the man.

I remember back in 2009, we were told the leader of Boko Haram had been killed. To this day, no one knows what the truth really was. We know a man was killed, and his family later won a case for over 100 million for his brutal killing, and that is that. Who is to say this killing will not end the same way? Will we ever know the truth of what really happened? Not sure but if you do find out let us know however don't come lying to those of us who also read the same reports on these cases as you do in the papers.

Really? That you made this statement here yourself leads me to believe you do not have faith in the President you are desperately trying to sell us here. So I pretty much don't need to add anything.
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by 1025: 9:11am On Jun 25, 2012
for those of us here who support jonathan, why is is that even before the chart, many of us here predicted that it is going to be the aso rock comedian show as usual and it all ended the same way.
if jonathan has all the power to change ministers and change unilag name and announce new petrol price without the consent of the national assembly, why can't he wake up and say today, nigeria will get light?
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by surgicalblade: 9:39am On Jun 25, 2012
werepeLeri: LOL. Even if GEJ says his name, you will say he is not making sense.

Now let the playlist begin playing - lets press the button. Oyah.
guy dont mined them you gave said it all........ undecided
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by tatosh: 9:54am On Jun 25, 2012
The level at which we tolerate mediocrity in this country is legendary
In fairness the president answered some questions well while most were answered very foolishly.
For example how can the president say "when there are power cuts in india the indian man quietly lights his candle but in nigeria the nigerian man starts abusing government" WHAT A STATEMENT!!!

1 Like

Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by Armenia: 10:38am On Jun 25, 2012
Our commander in tif says he cant negociate with faceless group.leave dis pple,i know a home movie when i see one.de just de art fim and de title na presidential media sart
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by Kobojunkie: 12:22pm On Jun 25, 2012
ubandire:
This is where u miss it,so the president is not a Nigerian?is he not Nigeria's num 1 citizen?the level of hypocrisy on this forum baffles me,someone would wake up and insult the president without trashing out the issues at hand,I am not standing for the president I am only on the path of truth and discipline,why would a non entity refer to the president as a FOOL,as long as people come here to insult the president I will personally fight dirty,bring up issues and we'll discuss.i can't tolerate nonsense.

Talking about hypocrisy, do you at least process your own words? You call another a hypocrite because he/she comes on here to insult the politician, yes another Nigerian. However, you follow this up by doing exactly what you accuse the other of, that is, insulting him, a Nigerian, without trashing out the issues at hand. Even worse, you claim that your actions, which are no different from his, is of the path of truth and discipline? Really?? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

This one thing I know for sure. . . when it comes to Nigerians, the word 'hypocrisy' is misused 99.9% of the the. Here, you are calling another a hypocrite for doing EXACTLY what you also came in to do, and are doing, yet you don't see it, do you?

All I want to know really is what this is all for? Did God promise you a crown, or medal of bank account if you can insult those who insult the president/elected politician? or is the politician the rewarder in this case? How does this work? grin grin grin
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jun 25, 2012
To all those full of disgust at the presidents presentation. This president is exactly what Nigeria deserves. From Gowon to Obasanjo nigerians have made it very difficult for the right leaders to emerge. Jonathan is OBJ's gift to Nigeria and OBJ himself is no better. As long as we always reason along ethnic lines and play dog in the manger more presidents like Jonathan will continue to emerge.
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by Kobojunkie: 12:58pm On Jun 25, 2012
^^^ That is why as I listened to that story telling session yesterday, I thanked God over and over for giving me the chance to leave Nigeria whenever I want to, so I do not have to deal with these 365 days of my year. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by werepeLeri: 2:32pm On Jun 25, 2012
what has that got to do with the issue on ground?
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by check45: 4:54pm On Jun 25, 2012
Kobojunkie: Again . . .

Are you blind? Abi you no no how to read english abi wetin?

You are informed that the CCB refuses to apply FOI. Read what the constitution at least says on how this all should be handled(THIRD SCHEDULE -3) The Constitution says that information should be available to every Nigerian citizen to review, but it is not. Even with FOI, no one is able to verify that the information even really exists. And it has nothing to do with the LAW but everything to do with the presidency refusing to make this record available as the law stipulates it should be.

How can you come here to say he did something that by law you should be able to see, but you can't and so cannot verify if it even exists? How? [size=14pt]Jonathan himself said (remember he was on tape and there is a video of this chat)he did not declare his assets. He said it was against his principle. If he has declared his asset, we would not be discussing whether it can be public or not since the Constitution stipulates that all that information be made available to every Niegrian. [/size]
Stop pretending you win when you fight on behalf of politicians. Stand for the law no matter who is affected! That is common sense!
It appears u have a personal issue with Jonathan or why are u so fixed about his asset declartn. Tell me,how many Nigerian politicians have publicly declared their assets or intends to do so? Even Fashola, whom many says is performing has not. And no legislator has, including d opposition reps behind the probes.
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by check45: 5:20pm On Jun 25, 2012
Or, has any of d so-called progresive Govornors publicy declared their assetts- has Aregbesola,Amosun,Fayemi,Ajimobi done? Maybe i am not aware.
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by Mandelaguy(m): 6:01pm On Jun 25, 2012
Kobojunkie: Finally this man impresses me with his response. I am glad he did not come on National TV to stump on the Constitution in this. I am glad he at least knows the relevance of NASS and the reason why there is a need for summons of this sort.
. Sarcasm will not help you, stop trying.
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by Kobojunkie: 6:06pm On Jun 25, 2012
Hoodrat:

I am still wondering why we still allow this man continue as our president? how can a president answer a public declaration of his asset in a vulgar and unintelligent manner like this?. his answers revealed his involvement in Boko haram activities to distract Nigerians attention from his fresh air promises in order to loot all he could till the country turned to chaotic camp full of hungry and sad people. This man his typical 419 please my brothers/sisters is time to stop this nonsense we have had enough.
No need to wonder . . look around you on Nairaland and you see the very reason why we continue to harbor these people in, of all places, leadership roles in the country.
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by Mandelaguy(m): 6:33pm On Jun 25, 2012
Kobojunkie:
No need to wonder . . look around you on Nairaland and you see the very reason why we continue to harbor these people in, of all places, leadership roles in the country.
quote him out of contest,you,hoodrat and your lot. But we all listened to him too. Losers.
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by Mandelaguy(m): 6:35pm On Jun 25, 2012
jomonic: To all those full of disgust at the presidents presentation. This president is exactly what Nigeria deserves. From Gowon to Obasanjo nigerians have made it very difficult for the right leaders to emerge. Jonathan is OBJ's gift to Nigeria and OBJ himself is no better. As long as we always reason along ethnic lines and play dog in the manger more presidents like Jonathan will continue to emerge.
suggest a better president from your present list of supposedly "sound people that can help move Nigeria forward' clueless hater.
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by ubandire(m): 6:38pm On Jun 25, 2012
olumidazz: He is not making sense

Blind and unrepentant critic,would he ever make sense to u?either u didn't watch it or u didn't just understand.pls don't exhibit ur ignorance here.
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by ubandire(m): 6:41pm On Jun 25, 2012
Mandelaguy: quote him out of contest,you,hoodrat and your lot. But we all listened to him too. Losers.

You waste ur precious time,don't u know the meaning of a hoodrat? What do u expect?
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by Mandelaguy(m): 6:44pm On Jun 25, 2012
ubandire:

You waste ur precious time,don't u know the meaning of a hoodrat? What do u expect?
Thank you my brother( I suppose u are a guy from your name) I just checked the meaning and found out that responding to his meaningless post was too benevolent.
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by nduchucks: 6:45pm On Jun 25, 2012
Are there some "educated" Nigerians who were actually impressed by the Presiden'ts performance yesterday? If so, they have my sympathy.
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by Mandelaguy(m): 6:46pm On Jun 25, 2012
ndu_chucks: Are there some "educated" Nigerians who were actually impressed by the Presiden'ts performance yesterday? If so, they have my sympathy.
he answered what he was asked,what is your beef?
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by nduchucks: 6:49pm On Jun 25, 2012
Mandelaguy: he answered what he was asked,what is your beef?
I have no beef. I suppose are were proud of the President and his answers. If you aren't too timid to answer, what was his most impressive response and to what question, if I may ask? Thank you sir, in advance.
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by Kobojunkie: 6:51pm On Jun 25, 2012
check45:
Does it mean u dont know the difference when d law says declare your assett and when it compels u to make it public?What law is broken when d law has made public declaration discretional. And if u want to use the FOI is it Jonathan u will go to or CCB.Jonathan is not even in custody of his declaration form. So, when next u want to criticise,get ur facts right.First, be fully educated about what u want to comment about.Otherwise, ur comments is open to ridicule,unless of course, u have another agenda.

Stop rambling like an slowpoke .. .

Where is the word PUBLIC in what the President said below? The man KNOWS exactly what Declaring his asset means that is why he refused to make the information available to the CCB and he re-informed you of this yesterday.

[size=13pt]Goodluck Jonathan added, “[b]That is a matter of principle and I am not going to declare. It is not the president declaring his asset that will end Boko Haram. its a matter of principle and whether i am criticised from “head to toe” i will not declare my assets. It is not right, I didn’t even want to declare my assets as VP” but was forced by the then president, Umara Musa Yar’Adua. it is not the right thing to do.”[/b][/size]

What the law says is

140. [size=14pt](1) A person elected to the office of President shall not begin to perform the functions of that office until he has declared his assets and liabilities as prescribed in this Constitution and he has taken and subscribed the Oath of Allegiance and the oath of office prescribed in the Seventh Schedule to this Constitution.[/size]

(2) The oaths aforesaid shall be administered by the Chief Justice of Nigeria or the person for the time being appointed to exercise the functions of that office.

and it also says

http://www.nigeria-law.org/ConstitutionOfTheFederalRepublicOfNigeria.htm#CodeOfConductBureau
1.[size=13pt] The Code of Conduct Bureau[/size] shall comprise the following members:
(a) a Chairman; and

(b) nine other members, each of whom, at the time of appointment, shall not be less than fifty years of age and subject to the provisions of section 157 of this Constitution shall vacate his office on attaining the age of seventy years.

2. The Bureau shall establish such offices in each state of the Federation as it may require for the discharge of its functions under this Constitution.

[size=13pt]3. The Bureau shall have power to:

(a) receive declarations by public officers made under paragraph 12 of Part I of the Fifth Schedule to this Constitution;

(b) examine the declarations in accordance with the requirements of the Code of Conduct or any law;

(c) retain custody of such declarations and make them available for inspection by any citizen of Nigeria on such terms and conditions as the National Assembly may prescribe;
[/size]

(d) ensure compliance with and, where appropriate, enforce the provisions of the Code of Conduct of any law relating thereto;

(e) receive complaints about non-compliance with or breach of the provisions of the Code of Conduct or any law in relation thereto, investigate the complaint and, where appropriate, refer such matters to the Code of Conduct Tribunal;

(f) appoint, promote, dismiss and exercise disciplinary control over the staff of the Codes of Conduct Bureau in accordance with the provisions of an Act of the National Assembly enacted in that behalf; and

(g) carry out such other functions as may be conferred upon it by the National Assembly.

The terms and conditions of service of the staff of the Code of Conduct Bureau shall be the same as those provided for public officers in the civil service of the Federation.

This is what the law says in Schedule 3, Section 3. The information from the declarations will be made PUBLIC! That is what Jonathan is afraid of and hence why he refuses to declare his asset more than a year into the term.
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by Mandelaguy(m): 6:58pm On Jun 25, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Study what the law says http://www.nigeria-law.org/ConstitutionOfTheFederalRepublicOfNigeria.htm

What the law says is

and it also says

http://www.nigeria-law.org/ConstitutionOfTheFederalRepublicOfNigeria.htm#CodeOfConductBureau

This is what the law says in Schedule 3, Section 3. The information from the declarations will be made PUBLIC! That is what Jonathan is afraid of and hence why he refuses to declare his asset more than a year into the term.
Do u actually read? Or u just practise plagiarism? Let me interprete it for you? It says that it will be made available for inspection by any citizen................have you gone and they denied you access to the declaration?
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by check45: 7:16pm On Jun 25, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Where is the word PUBLIC in what the President said below? The man KNOWS exactly what Declaring his asset means that is why he refused to make the information available to the CCB and he re-informed you of this yesterday.

What the law says is

and it also says

Half - education is as bad as no-education. Or else, you are seriously fooling yourself when most people on NL are soundly educated. The extract of the constitution u posted exposes ur intelligent ignorance. I dont have to be a lawyer to see that
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by Kobojunkie: 7:20pm On Jun 25, 2012
check45:
Half - education is as bad as no-education. Or else, you are seriously fooling yourself when most people on NL are soundly educated. The extract of the constitution u posted exposes ur intelligent ignorance. I dont have to be a lawyer to see that

You are now fully verified a slowpoke .. .. goodluck!

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Yemi Osinbajo And Ryong Nam, North Korea's Vice Premier Of Cabinet (photos) / Nigeria Returns 4 Aircrafts Borrowed From Pakistan For Training (photos) / 2023: Power Shift To South ‘Non-Negotiable’ - APC Secretary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.