Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,517 members, 7,826,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV (35722 Views)

Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat / How Would You Rate GEJ's Presidential Media Chat? / GEJ Talks To The Media: Presidential Media Chat Live! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by werepeLeri: 10:51pm On Jun 24, 2012
bayooooooo:

Nope the president was wrong.

1. To appoint Ministers into his cabinet, he needs the NASS to approve his nominated candidates. Why didn't he appoint such ministers and then said if their nominations were not cleared by Senate, they would leave his government?

2. Nobody can unilaterally amend an Act of Parliament. If the NASS amends such an act and the president assents to it, it becomes a law, an enforceable pronouncement that's binding on all and sundry. Instead of going through the NASS, your president decided in his own decisive decision to make a pronouncement before reverting to the house. That's not rule of law.

When your president was asked to explain why that happened, he justified it on the alter of emergency declaration where it is actually proper to declare for instance state of emergency in a state or part of Nigeria before seeking approval of the house.

How renaming an institution becomes declaration of state of emergency is beyond comprehension.

Now the question to him is if he can justify renaming of an institution established by an act of parliament without NASS approval, why can't he extend similar procedure to appointing ministers?

How you interpret is beyond human comprehension.

He merely compared it - using it as an example. He never said a state of emergency is the same as renaming an institution.

He merely said, you can declare a state of emergency first without seeking the consent of parliament, but seek it later, the same way, he said, you can make a pronouncement and seek the consent or not of parliament afterwards. He never said state of emergency is renaming a university.

Chei. Some people has ears but will never use it.
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jun 24, 2012
noblezone: When Biafra comes alive, this is the kind of President we need.

A man who is natural and himself, not some one with a plastic smile and "polished" for "showbiz".

A man who has a sense of direction irrespective of distractions.

Sir, I like your point about your trip to Brazil, you travelled to show Boko Haram that you are not intimimated.

I like your relaxation as if you are discussing with your family members.

I like your maturity in handling critizens. You are not arrogant, and some take that as being dull.

I like your focus and direction, keep it up.

You are well cultured as a leader, but unfortunately Nigeria is an amalgamation of "opposite directions". God be with you.

Foool, I guees U̶̲̥̅̊ attend winners chapel

1 Like

Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by dedeike: 10:54pm On Jun 24, 2012
hillsate: I have been justified. The media chat was well tailored.
Truth is there was no answer GEJ gave that any nigerian 18yrs and above woulndt have answered same.
Did i actually hear him say "i dont give a damn"? A president? na wa o.
Calls didnt go through because a filter was used and only the arranged callers could call. All the static sound with seemly network issues with the calls was arranged too. can you imagine that the guy that called was talking about YOUWIN program at this point? I bet you no unprepped nigerian would call and be talking about YOUWIN.
All the media chat was a charade.
what was tailored about the media chat? Was Maokpe Ogun tailored? Abi the TRIBUNE man was tailored too? Every relevant question was asked. maokpe asked him about the tariff issue, the president replied her accordingly that it was reviewed so as to encourage the private sector to invest in our power sector. He made it clear that the new tariffs entails that the rich will be paying more and the poor less. How is this a charade?
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by ubandire(m): 10:56pm On Jun 24, 2012
achukwunet: NOtice how none of the phone calls can be connected through.
I''m wasting my time watching the biggest fool on the planet

You are the wise one,i hardly throw diatribes on this forum but this is simply rubbish,you are very stupid,how can you open your rubbish mouth to call someone who's leading u a big fool?if u weren't a half wit wouldn't u have been president?you are a bigger fool that's why someone u assume is a fool would be ur president,swear u can't even look him in the eyes and talk,i don't even know why am dignifying u with a response,cowardly loser!

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by edicolove: 10:57pm On Jun 24, 2012
ekwah:

Kobobrainke Tell me what the law says about renaming an institution. Tell me why u are so out to prove u are right! For Heaven's sake how's Gej's move against the rule of law in that regards? How?? I tire for u o? and please make u no talk about kids again, I don warn u. angry Since u are more knowledgeable than everyone else on nairaland. mtcheew.

Don't bother yourself. He is a BH agent on NL. We will expose him.
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by uzomagic(m): 10:58pm On Jun 24, 2012
bayooooooo:

Perhaps! But GEJ is not just it. He displayed a petty comprehension of issues at stake. His responses were mired in myopic thinking and his position on rule of law was an insult on the sensibilities of Nigerians. His responses were far below average and somewhat unbecoming of a PhD holder.
He's natural, sincere, humble and straightforward. We can't fault that. he was quite lucid on power and the bulk purchase trader agreement which he articulated were also simple enough to educate the dumbest of people. On the rule of law, he also admitted that it was normal for heads of government to meet and address members of parliament and that he was yet to see the resolution of the house. And he would act accordingly when he received the resolution. Maybe you'd expect him to use the AIT report or Nation Newspaper headlines as resolution.
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jun 24, 2012
werepeLeri:

How you interpret is beyond human comprehension.

He merely compared it - using it as an example. He never said a state of emergency is the same as renaming an institution.

He merely said, you can declare a state of emergency first without seeking the consent of parliament, but seek it later, the same way, he said, you can make a pronouncement and seek the consent or not of parliament afterwards. He never said state of emergency is renaming a university.

Chei. Some people has ears but will never use it.

I see. It was a bad example which in a way justified my earlier position that he made copious use of out of place analogies. Why did he use emergency declaration to explain renaming of Unilag? What's the similarity that he was trying to explain? Why has he not been using pronouncements for everything that has to do with approval of NASS? See, his action does not have any cover under the law.

I can now conveniently re-post my earlier comment:

Perhaps! But GEJ is not just it. He displayed a petty comprehension of issues at stake. His responses were mired in myopic thinking and his position on rule of law was an insult on the sensibilities of Nigerians. His responses were far below average and somewhat unbecoming of a PhD holder

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by Kobojunkie: 10:59pm On Jun 24, 2012
ubandire:
You are the idiot,I hardly throw diatribes on this forum but this is simply rubbish,you are very stupid,how can you open your rubbish mouth to call someone who's governing u a big fool?if u weren't a half wit wouldn't u have been president?you are a bigger fool that's why someone u assume is a fool would be ur president,swear u can't even look him in the eyes and talk,i don't even know why am dignifying u with a response,cowardly loser!

ROFLMAO!! Let me guess? You turning around to insult him on behalf of JOnathan Goodluck will get you get a reward of some kind? And maybe Jesus will come down and bless you more? grin
I am just trying to figure out how this works. You insult a fellow Nigerian on behalf of a politician, who doles out the rewards to you? The Politician or God?

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by werepeLeri: 11:03pm On Jun 24, 2012
bayooooooo:

I see. It was a bad example which in a way justified my earlier position that he made copious use of out of place analogies. Why did he use emergency declaration to explain renaming of Unilag? What's the similarity that he was trying to explain? Why has he not been using pronouncements for everything that has to do with approval of NASS? See, his action does not have any cover under the law.

I can now conveniently re-post my earlier comment:

You are still asking what he was trying to explain. I see. No point talking with you. You are right - Mr. President is wrong. So - go get your trophy.
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jun 24, 2012
uzomagic: He's natural, sincere, humble and straightforward. We can't fault that. he was quite lucid on power and the bulk purchase trader agreement which he articulated were also simple enough to educate the dumbest of people. On the rule of law, he also admitted that it was normal for heads of government to meet and address members of parliament and that he was yet to see the resolution of the house. And he would act accordingly when he received the resolution. Maybe you'd expect him to use the AIT report or Nation Newspaper headlines as resolution.

I am actually of the opinion that NASS lacks the powers to summon GEJ. It's unconstitutional. But of course, it's a convention around the world for presidents and visiting presidents to address parliament. That's not the rule of law.

Rule of law is following the laid down procedure as explain in the constitution and Acts of parliament. On re-naming of institution, he did not follow that rule of law. It does have anything to do with his sincerity, humility or being natural.
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jun 24, 2012
Gej agents don dey many for hia.its about to get really ugly
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jun 24, 2012
edicolove:

My brother I tire o. That Kobojunkie sef, I come dey wonder wetin IT takes ITSELF as. I just can't fathom how some people reason u know.
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by Jeboy(m): 11:06pm On Jun 24, 2012
Broda pls don't bother wasting ur time with kobojunkie,its like trying to fill a basket with a tank of water.If eventually, d power sector gets working like telecoms Kobojunkie can even ask questions like which business will diesel dealers do since power reforms will have put dem out of biz.She argues blindly and should be ignored especially using the asset declaration by CCB you have completely analysed to show that she is good at arguing blindly.
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jun 24, 2012
bayooooooo:

I am actually of the opinion that NASS lacks the powers to summon GEJ. It's unconstitutional. But of course, it's a convention around the world for presidents and visiting presidents to address parliament. That's not the rule of law.

Rule of law is following the laid down procedure as explain in the constitution and Acts of parliament. On re-naming of institution, he did not follow that rule of law. It does have anything to do with his sincerity, humility or being natural.

which says? undecided Tell me your version because I really want to understand why you guys keep saying this.
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jun 24, 2012
werepeLeri:

You are still asking what he was trying to explain. I see. No point talking with you. You are right - Mr. President is wrong. So - go get your trophy.

Thanks dude for acknowledging the president performance was below par, "unpresidential", lacking in substance and full of repetitive empty promises.
Thanks for admitting the president has flagrantly violated the law of the land by not following a simple laid down procedure in renaming an institution of government.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by TechRev: 11:08pm On Jun 24, 2012
According to GEJ, its a big business criticizing his administration. So Gov knows about the paid agents and internet warriors. You paid agents take note, you will not receive DFI (Direct Foreign Investments). You guys know their handles in NL so tell the ones you know.
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by dedeike: 11:08pm On Jun 24, 2012
bayooooooo:

It was a charade.
. The tribune man asked him about the Farouk issue, he clearly pointed out that as President he did not need to start involving in sting operations just to get at anybody as some people had alleged. It was too demeaning for people to say that about him. Secondly, he pointed out the Senate had earlier started the subsidy probe even before the REPS and that he never intervened with their activities. He revealed that even as Acting president, he had directed Aganga to engage a globally reputable audit firm to probe NNPC. So he had no issues with the probe and due process must be followed.
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by dolpaz: 11:10pm On Jun 24, 2012
I want to believe Kobojunkie is a politician and he's being FED by the so called corrupt Party for Desperate People(PDP)...guy if u dont have anyfin to say, Just shut-up or beta stil, Hug ur pillow...was Yar'adua stupid when he declared his asset?? A professor for that matter?? SMH embarassed
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jun 24, 2012
ekwah:

which says? undecided Tell me your version because I really want to understand why you guys keep saying this.

The institution in question was established by an act of parliament. You can't change the name until that act is amended. That requires the input of NASS before the president can then sign the amended bill to law not vice versa. Is it clear?

I have posted that before.
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by brabus(m): 11:12pm On Jun 24, 2012
To all GEJ paid agents,

Media Chat or Charade has come and gone, now where is electricity? Where's security? Where's sanctity? Where's development?

They are all in the cooler. GEJ no try at all. No be by talk, na action.

Action speak louder than words!

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by uzomagic(m): 11:13pm On Jun 24, 2012
soe:
u need to visit d psychatrist....no sane person...after d over one thousand lives we hav lost in just one year of d retardeen's tenure,wud b easily bought by sweet words...if only u live in yobe or borno or kaduna..where u aint even sure of seeing tomoro..yet ur president tells u dat he wont allow dat grind his govt....he still sleeps well,gets paid so well..and travels...of what relevance is ur welfare to him? Yet u seat der n say we shud giv him mur tym...u r so inept
The President never made light of the security situation. He also said that he does not want the death of any Nigerian. Government business is broad and diverse and security, though a priority is not the only business of government. Progress is being made in power, infrastructure, education, agriculture, and many other facets of our National life. The security issue remains a sore point and the recent shakeup in the security apparatus of the Country is a sincere indication that govt isnnotnresting on her oars. Remember that acts of terrorism are hate crimes and there's no end to man's capacity for hatred. Let's give Jonathan a chance. There's still three years left to assess this administration.
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by hillsate: 11:13pm On Jun 24, 2012
dedeike: what was tailored about the media chat? Was Maokpe Ogun tailored? Abi the TRIBUNE man was tailored too? Every relevant question was asked. maokpe asked him about the tariff issue, the president replied her accordingly that it was reviewed so as to encourage the private sector to invest in our power sector. He made it clear that the new tariffs entails that the rich will be paying more and the poor less. How is this a charade?

Seriously, were these the sort of questions you expected them to ask? And how they asked it, was it how you expected?
That's the meaning of "tailored". common don't be naive.
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by ifihearam: 11:13pm On Jun 24, 2012
So becos kobojunkie sees different opinion with you foolish guys against my able president that automatically mmakes him an enemy. May thundder soda all ur yansh dat has been abusing my presido.

To be frank my confidence in him has be improved.

Haterz go and die
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by Kobojunkie: 11:14pm On Jun 24, 2012
brabus: To all GEJ paid agents,

Media Chat or Charade has come and gone, now where is electricity? Where's security? Where's sanctity? Where's development?

They are all in the cooler. GEJ no try at all. No be by talk, na action.

Action speak louder than words!

In December 2011, Nigerians were told to wait 6 months. Today he told them to essentially wait another 6 months, i.e 2013. So, make sure to hold your breath till then!! ROFLMAO

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by ubandire(m): 11:14pm On Jun 24, 2012
soe:
u need to visit d psychatrist....no sane person...after d over one thousand lives we hav lost in just one year of d retardeen's tenure,wud b easily bought by sweet words...if only u live in yobe or borno or kaduna..where u aint even sure of seeing tomoro..yet ur president tells u dat he wont allow dat grind his govt....he still sleeps well,gets paid so well..and travels...of what relevance is ur welfare to him? Yet u seat der n say we shud giv him mur tym...u r so inept

Look at this one who's even begging u for more time cos u can't do jack sh****t,listen Mr in as much as u people come here to blab and Cast blind and stupid aspertions on the person of the president without analysing the media chat means u are certainly the person who needs to change a doctor cos the present one is not handling ur case very well, learnt mad men refer to sane ones as insane,so am not really surprised just that am confused as to how u found ur way to this forum,so the president should't carry on with the discharge of his duties because some selfish Northern leaders don't want him to do so?u have lost it with ur principals,the President is back from rio with a bang of which u can see if u weren't blinded by sentiment and bias, go try ur luck somewhere else FOOL.
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by Boboribo: 11:14pm On Jun 24, 2012
edicolove:

You want to expose somebody who is a "she" and you think is a "he". Simple things yiu don't know but you already assume she is a BH agent. No wonder you people can't give credible security advice to GEJ.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jun 24, 2012
dedeike: . The tribune man asked him about the Farouk issue, he clearly pointed out that as President he did not need to start involving in sting operations just to get at anybody as some people had alleged. It was too demeaning for people to say that about him. Secondly, he pointed out the Senate had earlier started the subsidy probe even before the REPS and that he never intervened with their activities. He revealed that even as Acting president, he had directed Aganga to engage a globally reputable audit firm to probe NNPC. So he had no issues with the probe and due process must be followed.

Thanks. I don't have issue with that.

I said it was a charade because you can't hold a live program where people can not phone in and the phones kept getting issues. Two, no serious follow up questions to his incoherent answers to some questions. Apart from Moddibo who perhaps asked some useful questions, others were there to ask him about his body language. it was more or less a stage managed script. So sad.

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by hillsate: 11:18pm On Jun 24, 2012
werepeLeri:

Justified as being silly- for real. Justified indeed.

Another regionally biased goon on the loose.
Your words are infertile.
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by Kobojunkie: 11:18pm On Jun 24, 2012
uzomagic: The President never made light of the security situation. He also said that he does not want the death of any Nigerian. Government business is broad and diverse and security, though a priority is not the only business of government.

Actually he did make light of the security situation, especially when he suggested that his trip to brazil was to show BokoHaram that he was still in Charge. Essentially he left the country, IGNORING the plight of the Nigerian people -- people continued to be blown to smithereens while he was away -- so he could prove some moot point to Boko Haram, a group that probably does not watch him on TV given that most of their attacks are not around what happens in ABUJA but whenever they seem to want to.

He is back and Boko Haram is not taking a break or acknowledging his return in anyway. So essentially he left while the country was 'burning' and came back with the country still 'burning', how does that tell you of the significance of his trip to those who he claimed he was trying to prove a point to?

If that statement had been made by, say the American President or any other civilized Nation, he would have heard from the people almost immediately. But this is Nigeria where lives are near nothing and blood pretty much seems to flow like water.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jun 24, 2012
All those here that are saying people should stop critisizing GEJ and focus on what he's saying. Why then do you critisize everything buhari says? why don't you focus on his message rather than him personaly? How about you just focus on what El rufai is saying rather than attacking him senselessly. bunch of tribalist. am not faulting gej, all am saying is be fair to both men.

In the mean time, check out this thread and contribute to it,What Will You Do If You Were The Governor Of Your State? In Terms Of Development
https://www.nairaland.com/973253/what-governor-state-terms-development
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by dedeike: 11:24pm On Jun 24, 2012
bayooooooo:

Thanks dude for acknowledging the president performance was below par, "unpresidential", lacking in substance and full of repetitive empty promises.
Thanks for admitting the president has flagrantly violated the law of the land by not following a simple laid down procedure in renaming an institution of government.
if i ask you to tell me what the president said about power, I knw you won't be able to remember anything. Your own is just to blabb. But I won't oblige you with that resolve to be ignorant. I will inform you. The president Said he's reforming the sector and that availability of gas to the thermal stations is a major issue. In a bid to address this challenge, he has been able to engage foreign electric power companies to take over power distribution in Nigeria and by so doing, he increased the tariffs in order to encourage them to start operations and be able to pay for gas supplied them by the oil companies
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jun 24, 2012
bayooooooo:

Nope the president was wrong.

1. To appoint Ministers into his cabinet, he needs the NASS to approve his nominated candidates. Why didn't he appoint such ministers and then said if their nominations were not cleared by Senate, they would leave his government?

2. Nobody can unilaterally amend an Act of Parliament. If the NASS amends such an act and the president assents to it, it becomes a law, an enforceable pronouncement that's binding on all and sundry. Instead of going through the NASS, your president decided in his own decisive decision to make a pronouncement before reverting to the house. That's not rule of law.

When your president was asked to explain why that happened, he justified it on the alter of emergency declaration where it is actually proper to declare for instance state of emergency in a state or part of Nigeria before seeking approval of the house.

How renaming an institution becomes declaration of state of emergency is beyond comprehension.

Now the question to him is if he can justify renaming of an institution established by an act of parliament without NASS approval, why can't he extend similar procedure to appointing ministers?

my goodness. what's sooo economically significant about the name of the institution? Afterall, 'A rose by any other name will smell as sweet'. As far as I am concerned, his move is only illegal if he still upholds his decision against the resolution made by the NASS. You can't compare economically important decisions like the selection of Ministers to this. This should be clear enough. No law was broken.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Charles Okah Escapes From Kuje Prison - Sahara Reporters / LP: Lamidi Apapa Gives Condition To Meet With Tinubu / Presidency Backs El-rufai, Says Peter Obi Deported Northerners From Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.