Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,772 members, 7,827,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV (35726 Views)

Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat / How Would You Rate GEJ's Presidential Media Chat? / GEJ Talks To The Media: Presidential Media Chat Live! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by uzomagic(m): 11:27pm On Jun 24, 2012
brabus: To all GEJ paid agents,

Media Chat or Charade has come and gone, now where is electricity? Where's security? Where's sanctity? Where's development?

They are all in the cooler. GEJ no try at all. No be by talk, na action.

Action speak louder than words!
You want action, you got it; [b][/b] power sector- NIPP, Bulk trader agreement for gas supply, Mambila and Zungeru power plants, distribution deals with General Electric, Siemens, and investments by 131?countries from around the world, Port reforms have made the process of clearing goods has become a much easier venture, In education 9 new Universities have been established to meet the increasing demand for tertiary education. In security, govt has increased funding to security agencies, given greater support and renewed impetus to the efforts to meet the Nation's security challenges.
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by Kobojunkie: 11:30pm On Jun 24, 2012
uzomagic: Progress is being made in power, infrastructure, education, agriculture, and many other facets of our National life. The security issue remains a sore point and the recent shakeup in the security apparatus of the Country is a sincere indication that govt isnnotnresting on her oars. Remember that acts of terrorism are hate crimes and there's no end to man's capacity for hatred. Let's give Jonathan a chance. There's still three years left to assess this administration.

uzomagic: You want action, you got it; [b][/b] power sector- NIPP, Bulk trader agreement for gas supply, Mambila and Zungeru power plants, distribution deals with General Electric, Siemens, and investments by 131?countries from around the world, Port reforms have made the process of clearing goods has become a much easier venture,
On the issue of power, I can definitively state that either you did not watch the chat or you are being dishonest.

Jonathan never said anything about improvements in power sector. Matter of fact, he more or less told Nigerians that they would need to wait to see what will happen. Because when asked the question on power, after admitting that he did not have the answers, and essentially exposing how much he knows of what has transpired in the last couple of days(he was not aware of the recent raising of the tariffs for the Nigerian people), he went on to tell how nothing can happen until foreign investors come in, how nothing can happen until gas issues are dealt with, and how Nigerians cannot even get internet all over until the power issue is solved and it will be a while before the country can tackle that problem.

I don't think he said anything positive on power at all. He did mention that investors had shown interest. This is not new at all because only some last year we were also told that Germany, and I believe China were interested. At one point Russia and Iran were also interested. It's 2012, where are they? Google "Nigeria Electricity investors" and you should find a long list of foreign investors interested in Electricity and we are still waiting.
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jun 24, 2012
dedeike: if i ask you to tell me what the president said about power, I knw you won't be able to remember anything. Your own is just to blabb. But I won't oblige you with that resolve to be ignorant. I will inform you. The president Said he's reforming the sector and that availability of gas to the thermal stations is a major issue. In a bid to address this challenge, he has been able to engage foreign electric power companies to take over power distribution in Nigeria and by so doing, he increased the tariffs in order to encourage them to start operations and be able to pay for gas supplied them by the oil companies

Don't even bother to ask me! Anybody can engage any foreign company for anything. It's the results of such endeavor that will provide justifications or otherwise of such engagement. When are we going to have stable electricity in Nigeria? Did the president give a timeline?
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jun 24, 2012
ekwah:

my goodness. what's sooo economically significant about the name of the institution? Afterall, 'A rose by any other name will smell as sweet'. As far as I am concerned, his move is only illegal if he still upholds his decision against the resolution made by the NASS. You can't compare economically important decisions like the selection of Ministers to this. This should be clear enough. No law was broken.

Does economy dictate what's legal or not?
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jun 24, 2012
Explosion rocks Bauchi
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by Scream(m): 11:34pm On Jun 24, 2012
antitpiah:

I agree. he talks like someone who is about to take a shyyt.

Never again in Nigeria shall we allow fishermen/SSer's in Asorock. They are just not good enough. Ugly and not-well-polished.

Wow...SSer not polished?! SSers like Pat Utomi? Like Chris Okotie, Oyakhlome, Elumelu, Philip Asiodu, like Donald Duke etc. The ones that readily came to my mind. Tell me u are more polished than these ones.
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by dedeike: 11:37pm On Jun 24, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Actually he did make light of the security situation, especially when he suggested that his trip to brazil was to show BokoHaram that he was still in Charge. Essentially he left the country, IGNORING the plight of the Nigerian people -- people continued to be blown to smithereens while he was away -- so he could prove some moot point to Boko Haram, a group that probably does not watch him on TV given that most of their attacks are not around what happens in ABUJA but whenever they seem to want to.

He is back and Boko Haram is not taking a break or acknowledging his return in anyway. So essentially he left while the country was 'burning' and came back with the country still 'burning', how does that tell you of the significance of his trip to those who he claimed he was trying to prove a point to?

If that statement had been made by, say the American President or any other civilized Nation, he would have heard from the people almost immediately. But this is Nigeria where lives are near nothing and blood pretty much seems to flow like water.
I wonder whether you watched the same media chat with the rest of Nigerians. The president never made light of the security issue. He said that before he left, he had already put every measure in place to control the situation in Kaduna. A 24 hour curfew had already been imposed and military men drafted to the streets of Kaduna. He remarked that if it were just a natural disaster, he may hve considered canceling the trip. But that in this case doing so will amount to playing into the hands of Boko Haram.

He told us publicly that his colleague presidents who have a similar challenge of terror adviced him that no matter what, he must not allow other business of governance to stop because of Boko Haram. That Boko haram would have been happy to hear that the Nigerian president or the Vice president or the senate president could not travel because of their hate crimes.

The president pointed out that it could hve sent a very wrong signal to the world if he was absent at that global summit on account of Boko Haram. And one can imagine that this Deal with Electrobus of Brasil couldn't hve been sealed if Gej had stayed back. Meanwhile, he was still in touch with the security network from Brasil in those few days
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jun 24, 2012
ubandire:

Look at this one who's even begging u for more time cos u can't do jack sh****t,listen Mr in as much as u people come here to blab and Cast blind and stupid aspertions on the person of the president without analysing the media chat means u are certainly the person who needs to change a doctor cos the present one is not handling ur case very well, learnt mad men refer to sane ones as insane,so am not really surprised just that am confused as to how u found ur way to this forum,so the president should't carry on with the discharge of his duties because some selfish Northern leaders don't want him to do so?u have lost it with ur principals,the President is back from rio with a bang of which u can see if u weren't blinded by sentiment and bias, go try ur luck somewhere else FOOL.
chai GEJ don scam this one. So you wana die for gej? Hmm first of its kind. Goodluck haram.
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jun 24, 2012
ubandire:

Look at this one who's even begging u for more time cos u can't do jack sh****t,listen Mr in as much as u people come here to blab and Cast blind and stupid aspertions on the person of the president without analysing the media chat means u are certainly the person who needs to change a doctor cos the present one is not handling ur case very well, learnt mad men refer to sane ones as insane,so am not really surprised just that am confused as to how u found ur way to this forum,so the president should't carry on with the discharge of his duties because some selfish Northern leaders don't want him to do so?u have lost it with ur principals,the President is back from rio with a bang of which u can see if u weren't blinded by sentiment and bias, go try ur luck somewhere else FOOL.

were u trying to make a point It's obvious u need serious medical attention...so now its about "some northern leaders" wanting to distract him? Ehhen?? Is Gej now president of southerners only? Is he not supposed to b d chief northern leader who shud quickly wait n rescue d poor helpless northerners from d "supposed" BH...secondly...d sack of azazi whic u refer to as a "bang" was just a political request from his bss I.B.B to pls allow his boy have a fair share of d cake...besides, only a nincompoop like u will consider an appointment hinted just dis weekend as a BANG wen d guy is yet to b briefed on his duties....its rili a waste of tym explainin to u cos u r a blind PDP/BH supporter...bloodsucker
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jun 24, 2012
Nairaland is a place for kids, the never-do-wells and the low IQs, I am out of here to twitter.....communicating with intelligent minds.....
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by Seun(m): 11:48pm On Jun 24, 2012
Billyonaire: Nairaland is a place for kids, the never-do-wells and the low IQs, I am out of here to [size=15pt]twitter[/size][b][/b].....communicating with intelligent minds.....
Heh, good luck with that!
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jun 24, 2012
Scream:

Wow...SSer not polished?! SSers like Pat Utomi? Like Chris Okotie, Oyakhlome, Elumelu, Philip Asiodu, like Donald Duke etc. The ones that readily came to my mind. Tell me u are more polished than these ones.
see him mouth like polished. Nor be to polish, na to do your work well. Jonadulin has failed as expected
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by Boboribo: 11:50pm On Jun 24, 2012
GEJ struck me as someone having Socia Media trauma. The likes of Reno Omokri must have told him that BBM, facebook and twitter is where all the lies are manafactured.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jun 24, 2012
Billyonaire: Nairaland is a place for kids, the never-do-wells and the low IQs, I am out of here to twitter.....communicating with intelligent minds.....
twitter is for gossips and silly one liners. Have fun u hia?
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jun 24, 2012
Kobojunkie:

On the issue of power, I can definitively state that either you did not watch the chat or you are being dishonest.

Jonathan never said anything about improvements in power sector. Matter of fact, he more or less told Nigerians that they would need to wait to see what will happen. Because when asked the question on power, after admitting that he did not have the answers, and essentially exposing how much he knows of what has transpired in the last couple of days(he was not aware of the recent raising of the tariffs for the Nigerian people), he went on to tell how nothing can happen until foreign investors come in, how nothing can happen until gas issues are dealt with, and how Nigerians cannot even get internet all over until the power issue is solved and it will be a while before the country can tackle that problem.

I don't think he said anything positive on power at all. He did mention that investors had shown interest. This is not new at all because only some last year we were also told that Germany, and I believe China were interested. At one point Russia and Iran were also interested. It's 2012, where are they? Google "Nigeria Electricity investors" and you should find a long list of foreign investors interested in Electricity and we are still waiting.
you are always on point. Abeg chop knuckle.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jun 24, 2012
Kobojunkie:

you are always on point. Abeg chop knuckle.
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by dedeike: 11:56pm On Jun 24, 2012
bayooooooo:

Don't even bother to ask me! Anybody can engage any foreign company for anything. It's the results of such endeavor that will provide justifications or otherwise of such engagement. When are we going to have stable electricity in Nigeria? Did the president give a timeline?
Even if you want to reinforce power in your private house now, it cannot be automatic. You cannot even finish it in one week. You may need to go and send your generator for servicing and repairs first.

Secondly, you will reconnect your wires which are burnt. If it's conduit wiring, then you hve a longer way to go. You may need to engage the services of a plumber as well. You made also need to install a power change over box and all the carpentry work involved. Then when you re done with all of these, you will go and source for petrol or diesel at a filling station. If you have to do all these to generate power, imagine NIGERIA. you want Gej to to fix power overnight? You re not sincere. The govt is telling you that they hve done 2 power plants in less than a year. They hve also hit 4000 megawatts as a result of thevrefurbishing of utorogu gss plant. They re Constructing 6000 km transmission lines at the moment and has been able to cover only 809 km so far.

They re telling you they hve issued licenses to about 131 companies to participate in power in Nigeria and will privatize the 11 distribution co to General Electric, Electtrobus etc. Tariffs hve been increased to encourage the private companies to buy gas and distribute power accordingly. Full privatization of PHCN will peak at July when the bids are rolled out. So Which other magic do you want Gej to perform now.
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by nsiadi: 11:57pm On Jun 24, 2012
uzomagic: You want action, you got it; [b][/b] power sector- NIPP, Bulk trader agreement for gas supply, Mambila and Zungeru power plants, distribution deals with General Electric, Siemens, and investments by 131?countries from around the world, Port reforms have made the process of clearing goods has become a much easier venture, In education 9 new Universities have been established to meet the increasing demand for tertiary education. In security, govt has increased funding to security agencies, given greater support and renewed impetus to the efforts to meet the Nation's security challenges.

All these within one year in office
Trains will start running b4 long.
Abuja-Lokoja road is nearing completion
Beni-Ore Road is now in use (after several years of ugly situation)
These tall achievements keep attracting Foreign investors
Whoever sees things otherwise has ulterior motives.
There is no other way to explain
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by uzomagic(m): 11:57pm On Jun 24, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Actually he did make light of the security situation, especially when he suggested that his trip to brazil was to show BokoHaram that he was still in Charge. Essentially he left the country, IGNORING the plight of the Nigerian people -- people continued to be blown to smithereens while he was away -- so he could prove some moot point to Boko Haram, a group that probably does not watch him on TV given that most of their attacks are not around what happens in ABUJA but whenever they seem to want to.

He is back and Boko Haram is not taking a break or acknowledging his return in anyway. So essentially he left while the country was 'burning' and came back with the country still 'burning', how does that tell you of the significance of his trip to those who he claimed he was trying to prove a point to?

If that statement had been made by, say the American President or any other civilized Nation, he would have heard from the people almost immediately. But this is Nigeria where lives are near nothing and blood pretty much seems to flow like water.
Firstly, the Brazil trip was also part of his duties as President and he had to attend and prevent the entire business of government grind to a halt on account of the activities of miscreants. Also, in his absence,a prominent Boko Haram leader was killed and another arrested; a clear indication that the relevant institutions concerned with security continued to discharge their duties in spite of his absence. If the President were in the Country, he'll not still have have been involved in the combat operations. Boko Haram's activities are hate crimes and they're difficult to handle.
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by kiyosaki1(m): 11:59pm On Jun 24, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I concur
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by kiyosaki1(m): 12:02am On Jun 25, 2012
uzomagic: Firstly, the Brazil trip was also part of his duties as President and he had to attend and prevent the entire business of government grind to a halt on account of the activities of miscreants. Also, in his absence,a prominent Boko Haram leader was killed and another arrested; a clear indication that the relevant institutions concerned with security continued to discharge their duties in spite of his absence. If the President were in the Country, he'll not still have have been involved in the combat operations. Boko Haram's activities are hate crimes and they're difficult to handle.
Personal Assistant to beaf on hyper propaganda

1 Like

Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by kiyosaki1(m): 12:08am On Jun 25, 2012
dedeike: Even if you want to reinforce power in your private house now, it cannot be automatic. You cannot even finish it in one week. You may need to go and send your generator for servicing and repairs first. Secondly, you will reconnect your wires which are burnt. If it's conduit wiring, then you hve a longer way to go. You may need to engage the services of a plumber as well. You made also need to install a power change over box and all the carpentry work involved. Then when you re done with all of these, you will go and source for petrol or diesel at a filling station. If you have to do all these to generate power, imagine NIGERIA. you want Gej to to fix power overnight? You re not sincere. The govt is telling you that they hve done 2 power plants in less than a year. They hve also hit 4000 megawatts as a result of thevrefurbishing of utorogu gss plant. They re Constructing 6000 km transmission lines at the moment and has been able to cover only 809 km so far. They re telling you they hve issued licenses to about 131 companies to participate in power in Nigeria and will privatize the 11 distribution co to General Electric, Electtrobus etc. Tariffs hve been increased to encourage the private companies to buy gas and distribute power accordingly. Full privatization of PHCN will peak at July when the bids are rolled out. So Which other magic do you want Gej to perform now.
Nigeria don become Animal Farm with various propaganda agents like you and your likes now employed to be acting as PRO for our dear presio presi

1 Like

Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by Kobojunkie: 12:09am On Jun 25, 2012
uzomagic: Firstly, the Brazil trip was also part of his duties as President and he had to attend and prevent the entire business of government grind to a halt on account of the activities of miscreants.

I believe the very first thing we need to stop doing, as Nigerians, is LYING on BEHALF of politicians. Are you suggesting that a trip to a photo-op that many in the environmental community now deem a failure, was part of president's duties but staying back to fight the scourge blowing Nigerians to smithereens is not?

Do you know that many other countries stayed away from Brazil . . . we are talking countries dealing with their own crisis. . . but nothing close to what Nigeria is dealing with at the moment. Greece and Spain of course stayed away. United States, England, Germany, stayed away, about 20 others also did. Why? because many of them were busy tackling issues such as their economy, something that seemed to be top on their priorities at this time. Nigeria's issue? Terrorism but instead, our President flies off to an Environmental summit.

Now, when you talk of Government grinding to a halt, I wonder if you know the reason why we have a vice president at all. Nothing stopped or diminishes Government if the President sent the VP in his stead. I mean even Yar adua, who did not somehow trust Jonathan, at least knew to send someone else in his stead (his wife on occassion) so he could stay back in Nigeria and pretend he cared for the people. Now I am holding brief for that man but he did get some things right.

uzomagic: Also, in his absence,a prominent Boko Haram leader was killed and another arrested;
Which Boko Haram leader? The ones the US only this week put on terrorist list abi which one again? No prominent Boko Haram leader was killed. Those are on the terrorist list now. The man that was killed was ALLEGEDLY linked. According to those who killed him, he was a leader that masterminded an attack but even on Aljazeera, the reporter said that was the information they got and there was ofcourse no way to verify the claims since that was all our authorities wanted to say of the man.

I remember back in 2009, we were told the leader of Boko Haram had been killed. To this day, no one knows what the truth really was. We know a man was killed, and his family later won a case for over 100 million for his brutal killing, and that is that. Who is to say this killing will not end the same way? Will we ever know the truth of what really happened? Not sure but if you do find out let us know however don't come lying to those of us who also read the same reports on these cases as you do in the papers.
uzomagic: If the President were in the Country, he'll not still have have been involved in the combat operations. Boko Haram's activities are hate crimes and they're difficult to handle.
Really? That you made this statement here yourself leads me to believe you do not have faith in the President you are desperately trying to sell us here. So I pretty much don't need to add anything.
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by dedeike: 12:10am On Jun 25, 2012
Kobojunkie:

In December 2011, Nigerians were told to wait 6 months. Today he told them to essentially wait another 6 months, i.e 2013. So, make sure to hold your breath till then!! ROFLMAO

kobojunkie, you re a chronic liar. Gej never gave a timeline to power today. Stop hating and distorting facts. He also did not avoid giving answers posed to him on power. What he said clearly was that the Minister of power had given a detailed account of activities in the power sector during the ministerial platform series. So he may not want to contradict him but that he will offer a summary. He now went ahead to talk about the revival of NIPP and how he is using that to beef up generation to the national grid. He hinted that during his trip to Brasil, he was able to attract a foremost Brasilian Electricity company to come and invest in Nigeria's power sector. What don't you understand about this. Or you just want to deliberately misinform people on Nairaland?
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by dedeike: 12:13am On Jun 25, 2012
kiyosaki1: Nigeria don become Animal Farm with various propaganda agents like you and your likes now employed to be acting as PRO for our dear presio presi
I had expected you to refute the substance contained in my post rather than confuse issues. Or do you have a phobia for facts?
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by DaLover(m): 12:15am On Jun 25, 2012
[size=38pt]Wow, I tot everybody wanted to watch the match.....

Fake ldiots all over the place[/size]
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by bodejohn(m): 12:15am On Jun 25, 2012
Logic does not apply to the decisions taken by GEJ and his cabinet since he assumed office a couple of months back.
Once BH warned him not to celebrate the annual independence day at the Eagle square and he promptly relocated to a corner in Aso Rock. Was governance not abandoned because of the BH threats then?
Since he travelled to Rio to pretend to world leaders that the menace of BH was under control why did he have to come to national tv monitored from all over the world to say the real reasons he travelled. Would the world leaders not now know the true state on the Nigerian state?
We were forced to pay higher tariffs for power that we do not have in anticipation of foreign investors, how long will it take the foreign investors to arrive? What will happen to all we have paid if eventually the investors fail to come?
Perhaps the one thing that GEJ has done to make me happy over the past two years is the new tax regime. It reduced my monthly tax by close to 50%. Not that I am really happy to give the government less tax, but what benefit have I received paying the huge monthly tax? Since the government was mis managing the tax, why won't I be happy when my hard earned money is not wasted by government's profligacy,
Finally, a man who is afraid of been wet has no business by the river bank. The easiest way for GEJ to avoid criticisms whether constructive or destructive is to either leave governance for those who are better prepared and thick skinned or bury his head into providing good governamce for all Nigerians.
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by pedestal82(m): 12:17am On Jun 25, 2012
Mekusnwa: Take home point no 4. Truly, the president declared his assets as demanded by law and it's optional for him to make it public. And any kobojunkie still in doubt should avail himself of the powers of FOI Act(which was still signed by the president) to access it.

My thought exactly, KOBOJUNKIE, go make use of ur FOI law! And pls don't say he didn't declare
His asset abeg!
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by ifihearam: 12:19am On Jun 25, 2012
Na wa for analysis here ooo
So 4 GEJ 2 shw concern make he send he vice go brazil abi??
So what difference would that have made
Some if una dull for this place sha..
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by DaLover(m): 12:20am On Jun 25, 2012
bayooooooo:

You can't break a law before obeying it! It's illogical. Why didn't he assume presidential powers before taking oath of office? Why didn't he appoint Ministers before approval by NASS? The procedure for declaring state of emergency is quite different from naming an institution of government. His understanding of rule of law in that instance was at best petty. He should have acknowledged his mistake rather than justified illegality.

There are certain situations where the president can make a public pronouncement before sending it to senate to ratify....
He just signed the uniuyo into existance...Gowon gave bakassi to camaroon....

better yet...if the senate rejects it....then the unilag name reverts....

But why is your bad belle so much for this gentle man who has become our presido?
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by 1025: 12:20am On Jun 25, 2012
Even if you want to reinforce power in your private house now, it cannot be automatic. You cannot even finish it in one week. You may need to go and send your generator for servicing and repairs first. Secondly, you will reconnect your wires which are burnt. If it's conduit wiring, then you hve a longer way to go. You may need to engage the services of a plumber as well. You made also need to install a power change over box and all the carpentry work involved. Then when you re done with all of these, you will go and source for petrol or diesel at a filling station. If you have to do all these to generate power, imagine NIGERIA. you want Gej to to fix power overnight? You re not sincere. The govt is telling you that they hve done 2 power plants in less than a year. They hve also hit 4000 megawatts as a result of thevrefurbishing of utorogu gss plant. They re Constructing 6000 km transmission lines at the moment and has been able to cover only 809 km so far. They re telling you they hve issued licenses to about 131 companies to participate in power in Nigeria and will privatize the 11 distribution co to General Electric, Electtrobus etc. Tariffs hve been increased to encourage the private companies to buy gas and distribute power accordingly. Full privatization of PHCN will peak at July when the bids are rolled out. So Which other magic do you want Gej to perform now.

@dedeike,
the govt is saying this and the govt is saying that. the story will continue till the end of his tenure and another govt will come in and start a new story line. from independence till now, u think nigerians have not been patient enough with the govt? how much has jonathan's administration invested on this same light? how much did obasanjo and yar adua spent? this same jonathan declared emergency at the power sector and the emergency is taking forever. what is megawatts? how can a normal person tell u that he increased tariff to bring in investors? which investor wants to come in a boko haram infested country to do business? what about all the bragging of bath nnaji all these while? why didn't jonathan leave the fuel price and electricity tariff where he met them and steal the ways others were stealing? wait, the next time u will hear jonathan speak about the light, he will tell u that obama is coming to handle things himself and men like u will start clapping. it is a shame that jonathan is the only president whose country is still in darkness upon all the billions his colleagues steal on daily basis. if i may ask, what did he say about corruption in nigeria?
Re: GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV by Kobojunkie: 12:21am On Jun 25, 2012
Again . . .

pedestal82:

My thought exactly, KOBOJUNKIE, go make use of ur FOI law! And pls don't say he didn't declare
His asset abeg!

Are you blind? Abi you no no how to read english abi wetin?

You are informed that the CCB refuses to apply FOI. Read what the constitution at least says on how this all should be handled(THIRD SCHEDULE -3) The Constitution says that information should be available to every Nigerian citizen to review, but it is not. Even with FOI, no one is able to verify that the information even really exists. And it has nothing to do with the LAW but everything to do with the presidency refusing to make this record available as the law stipulates it should be.

How can you come here to say he did something that by law you should be able to see, but you can't and so cannot verify if it even exists? How? [size=14pt]Jonathan himself said (remember he was on tape and there is a video of this chat)he did not declare his assets. He said it was against his principle. If he has declared his asset, we would not be discussing whether it can be public or not since the Constitution stipulates that all that information be made available to every Niegrian. [/size]
Stop pretending you win when you fight on behalf of politicians. Stand for the law no matter who is affected! That is common sense!

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Presidency Backs El-rufai, Says Peter Obi Deported Northerners From Anambra / Governor Seyi Makinde And Adebo Ogundoyin, Speaker Of Oyo Pictured Together / 'Revolution Now' Protest By Sowore: Live Updates On August 5th Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.