Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,582 members, 7,837,197 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Android, Anyone? Part II - Phones (203) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? Part II (972740 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (601) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 5:41pm On Sep 18, 2013
Godvilla: JUST SUBMIT UR PROFILE AND WE'LL GET BACK TO.......
But u are sure gonna travel out of the country. I dnt wanna go in2 details!!!
IS THERE A FULL INFO TO THIS
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by gustav25: 6:20pm On Sep 18, 2013
Fulaman198:

Spend about 32.5k Naira and get a Nexus 4 (it will be worth it for the kind of processor and updates you get). If you need to save that money, please do so until you have enough.
wia can I get the nexus 4 for 33k?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by blackweaver(m): 6:53pm On Sep 18, 2013
Fulaman198:

LG Nexus 4, it is last years Google flagship phone. I used a proxy to check how much it is in American Google play store. It is 199 USD which is about 32.5K

First of all, the play store WAS the only place where you could get it that cheap.
I say WAS 'cos secondly the nexus 4s have been sold out at the US store. The $199 one was sold out less than 1 week after google slashed the price of their nexus devices (by $100) was and the $249 one was sold out less than 2 weeks.
However i can't speak for the play store in other countries.
Non play store shops sell at a higher price.
Oh and before i forget, google has no plans of restocking the nexus 4 phones at their store
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by blackweaver(m): 7:04pm On Sep 18, 2013
hapigirl04: Pls I am new here. I need an android phone (not tecno), new or used. The budget is 18k - 20k. Ur pieces of advice are highly appreciated wink. Thank u.

if you don't mind a low-end smartphone i'm pretty sure you can get lg l3 II E430/E435 (the E435 is dual sim) or the samsung galaxy young s6310/s6312 (the s6312 is dual) within that price range.

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Teaser4(m): 7:42pm On Sep 18, 2013
blackweaver:

if you don't mind a low-end smartphone i'm pretty sure you can get lg l3 II E430/E435 (the E435 is dual sim) or the samsung galaxy young s6310/s6312 (the s6312 is dual) within that price range.
wana sell LG Optimus l5, running 4.1 ice cream sandwich, it's 5month old, working perfect and rooted, cal
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Gosj01(m): 9:25pm On Sep 18, 2013
Gosj01: House abeg make una help me. am finding it difficult to extract Pes 2011 file i hv both the .zip and apk file but i hv used Androzip, 7zipper and b1 but it not working and d thing refuse to download, same thing with pes 2012. pls someone should pls lead tru step by step. abeg The phone is tecno n3
maybe nobody wants to help? cry
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by mhozzis(m): 10:20pm On Sep 18, 2013
Gosj01:
maybe nobody wants to help? cry
it refused to extract or it refused download?

I'll advice you try downloading it afresh. probably the one you downloaded is corrupt hence the reason it's not extracting.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 11:23pm On Sep 18, 2013
Has anyone noticed this before? Install google chrome or Firefox Mobile on your phone. Use it for a few minutes. Don't download, bookmark or save any page. Now recall when downloading it the file size was 25MB. Go to settings, manage app and check on the file size again.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by s3nn2x(m): 12:23am On Sep 19, 2013
Fulaman198:

If you have any relatives living in the U.K or United States, they are the best to ask. In the United States, shipping is $13.99 Which is 2.3k Naira. In the U-K, shipping is £9.99 which is the equivalent of 2.6k Naira
That is my point. You stated that price as if it is the market price in Nigeria. You could have been explicit. How many people have relatives there? The guy stated the amount he had, obviously, he needed the phone urgently and not to order. Maybe I will send you 35k to help me get the nexus 4...i will appreciate it?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Fulaman198(m): 2:08am On Sep 19, 2013
s3nn2x: That is my point. You stated that price as if it is the market price in Nigeria. You could have been explicit. How many people have relatives there? The guy stated the amount he had, obviously, he needed the phone urgently and not to order. Maybe I will send you 35k to help me get the nexus 4...i will appreciate it?

My mistake friend
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by balogunsam(m): 7:51am On Sep 19, 2013
yemzy26: I want to buy and replace screen for a 7inch android tablet which got broken nd ihave another which has a line across its face

What are their names?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ciphoenix: 8:32am On Sep 19, 2013
Leopantro: Has anyone noticed this before? Install google chrome or Firefox Mobile on your phone. Use it for a few minutes. Don't download, bookmark or save any page. Now recall when downloading it the file size was 25MB. Go to settings, manage app and check on the file size again.

I always clear data for Firefox because I never use it (it's for anyone who wants to access the Internet with my phone) chrome is off limits to anyone else grin

My chrome app is currently occupying 430MB shocked
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by lynxnoon(m): 9:54am On Sep 19, 2013
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:10am On Sep 19, 2013
lynxnoon: smiley smiley
http://blog.gsmarena.com/bbm-arriving-on-android-and-ios-this-weekend/

why are u so excited about this bbm thing sef? tongue
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by puskin: 10:17am On Sep 19, 2013
BBM coming to android.........everyone is excited............mscheeeeeew.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by LordReed(m): 12:25pm On Sep 19, 2013
4llerbuntu:

why are u so excited about this bbm thing sef? tongue

At last a premium app that was former exclusive now cross platform, it is almost like that beauty queen that everyone was "dying" for, appearing nude.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:59pm On Sep 19, 2013
you know whats funny about this thing?

the service is not going to be free!!

i wonder how many people will be willing to pay another token of 500-1000 naira on top of their normal subscription to use it.

shebi u see airtel already doing whatsapp only package for 100 naira a month?

or are u expecting Blackberry to charge BB users for using BBM and give it to android/iphone for free? grin grin grin
all these people wey go dey find free browsing, free apps and cheap hardware.....

whatsapp na F.O.C ooo grin grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by lynxnoon(m): 2:21pm On Sep 19, 2013
4llerbuntu: you know whats funny about this thing?

i wonder how many people will be willing to pay another token of 500-1000 naira on top of their normal subscription to use it.

or are u expecting Blackberry to charge BB users for using BBM and give it to android/iphone for free? grin grin grin
all these people wey go dey find free browsing, free apps and cheap hardware.....

Lol
I know for sure they may start charging a fee after a year or few months
I don't mind paying ...esp if if not more than a $ grin wink... At least a don't get to carry a bb around any more
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 2:25pm On Sep 19, 2013
4llerbuntu: you know whats funny about this thing?

same way bb use whatsapp...

but if a bb user pays 100naira for whatsapp montly, will it work for him or her?? NO...

so same way....

na bb know d deal dem sign with network providers, ..

BBM WONT BE EXTRA CHARGED FOR NON BB USERS...

u can confirm already from d bbm beta apps released....
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by blackweaver(m): 2:28pm On Sep 19, 2013
as if we didn't have enough disturbance from whatsapp and viber users. Anyway sha for some of us who aren't always online it won't make much difference
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by smartnoni(m): 2:55pm On Sep 19, 2013
pls guys is advisable to exchange 3wks old m3+ cash for used HTC sensation4g
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by xtervaganza(m): 2:59pm On Sep 19, 2013
Hate bbm or like it, it will be the best thing after slice bread when discussing messenger. And I think its emergence on all platform will harm whatsapp .

Buh as per your views about extra charging; you're wrong, sir, bbm will only use ur data like whatsapp, Facebook and every other that depends on internet. Soooooo bbm all d wayyyyyyyy
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 4:01pm On Sep 19, 2013
BBM will be available this Saturday for Android users and Sunday for Ios
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by opestein: 4:20pm On Sep 19, 2013
smartnoni: pls guys is advisable to exchange 3wks old m3+ cash for used HTC sensation4g
over-advisable
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:56pm On Sep 19, 2013
issok. Blackberry Inc is now a charity org. i guess BIS will be free on Blackberry phones henceforth then...
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 6:13pm On Sep 19, 2013
adaobi123: BBM will be available this Saturday for Android users and Sunday for Ios

will only utilize it if you give me your needle. or is it pin?

in other news, I'm tinkering with xpi files, trying to figure out why one will install and the other doesn't. here's what I do.

download a file from firefox, change .xpi to .zip, extract, copy out the install.rdf file, change .rdf to .txt then open it with a word processor.

why am I doing this?

firefox has a ton of wonderful pluggins but firefox mobile reminds me of Windows mobile : promising on the outside but boring in the inside. so far all I see are scripts in the files, nothing spectacular. it might work with some tweaking.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 6:18pm On Sep 19, 2013
Leopantro:

will only utilize it if you give me your needle. or is it pin?

Very funny tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (601) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.