Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,620 members, 7,823,712 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Android, Anyone? Part II - Phones (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? Part II (970471 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (601) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ciphoenix: 11:59am On Dec 28, 2012
what isn't clear??
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by DAvIt0(m): 12:08pm On Dec 28, 2012
joeydozzy:

its still not clear. using just setdns, will it work?

on yur signature!!! yu wrote it urself or its d 4llerubuntu's NL droid app
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 28, 2012
DAvIt0:

on yur signature!!! yu wrote it urself or its d 4llerubuntu's NL droid app

his nl app
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 12:18pm On Dec 28, 2012
ciphoenix: what isn't clear??

I just wanna know if just setdns without droidvpn will still work.

2 Likes

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 3:58pm On Dec 28, 2012
quick question, not android related. I'm interested in a Roku. will it work in Nigeria if I utilize an American ISP or should I go with pogoplug? really want to browse on my tv. have the mini HDMI. for my Tablet but it drains fast .
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 5:59pm On Dec 28, 2012
My good God. I just installed Imediashare on my tablet and connected it to my TV via HDMI. I got 60 HD channels that i'm watching right now. streaming with the Sim router that I got. What a feeling.

By the way, the access point is now open. No password required

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:33pm On Dec 28, 2012
ozor1: both will do..bro u never post the pics on how u use make ur usb OTG cable yet

will do bro. i was trying to chill if I would make a new one again. I super glued the one I made.......

may just have to do one with some directions and diagrams.........
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by KazeKage1: 9:59pm On Dec 28, 2012
@leopantro
Where is this virtual wifi you're talking about?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by sambass(m): 6:55am On Dec 29, 2012
@all i bought htc mytouch 4g and i have tried all d rooting i knw without success and i really want to root d fone. Pls gurus in d house help me to root My fone let me enjoy it ooooo. Merry xmas and hapi nw yr in adv.

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 7:29am On Dec 29, 2012
Sorry about yesterday
@ KazeKage1, i'm having issues with the range; may need to get an outside antenna.take the road next to the NNPC petrol station, keep your wifi on and drive down the tarred road. Will leave it on through out today.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 8:58am On Dec 29, 2012
there is dis app calld "scoopshot" I jst dowloadd frm googleplay. u can take a pic o video wit it and SELL it there4 make some mony! I hve nt make any mony, i jst got it now.
U can turn urself to a photo journalist wit it.
I realy do nt kno if anybdy had put it here b4.
I got d info frm bbc click program.

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by raynold17(m): 9:49am On Dec 29, 2012
sambass: @all i bought htc mytouch 4g and i have tried all d rooting i knw without success and i really want to root d fone. Pls gurus in d house help me to root My fone let me enjoy it ooooo. Merry xmas and hapi nw yr in adv.
visit dc-unlocker.com
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:17pm On Dec 29, 2012
To make a usb OTG cable.

U need
1. Regular microsub to usb cable.
The normal cable you use to charge or connect your phone to the pc

2. A usb to usb extension cable. One with male and female ends. The female end is the one u can plug another usb device into while the male end is the end u plug into a pc

3 razor blades

4. Some tape. Preferably black tape.

5. Super glue. For a neat job...........

6. A pin or needle

6. A bit of thick copper. Like that in power cable. Also for a neat job.

Step 1

Get both cables and cut them into half, or rather consider how long you would prefer the OTG cable to be when cutting them. en

You will get four thin wires in each, of different colors.

Strip off a little of each wire, join them together following the color codes. Tape them carefully SEPARATELY SO THEY DONT BRIDGE.

JOIN THE END THAT U CAN PLUG A USB INTO TO THE MICROUSB END.

Those wires are very light n thin, especially if the cables u are using are the cheap variety so be careful.

I suggest that u put both cables side by side and use the thick copper to join them tight, so as to prevent the joint from cutting off during use. Like i did with my finished cable.

Tape it up

2 now get the microusb end open.
Cables vary. Some have a plastic case that can be easily removed, some have thick rubber that looks moulded. Of that second type u need to cut carefully along the edge on both sides and peel the rubber back to show the wires connected to the plug underneath.

Be careful not to get any of them cut off the plug else u will need a solder iron or a new cable.

When u get underneath u will see FOUR cables connected to plug.
We are concerned with the right edge where the black wire is. There is a small pin beside that black wire that is unused.
We need to connect that pin to the black.move

On some cables, the pins are easy to see and exposed. Some are shielded with plastic. If its the shielded type, gently use a needle or pin to break the plastic around the black and empty pins. BE CAREFUL.................

What i did without needing solder was get a little copper wire strand, gently move THE EMPTY PIN TO THE BLACK PIN AND TWIST THE WIRE STRAND AROUND THEM TIGHT....

Its at the edge so i can do that.

Now try to gently plug in ur MICROUSB END into the phone and plug a flash or mouse TO THE FEMALE END.

I guess u should also know this will only work if you are running ICS or JELLYBEAN

It should get detected.

Remove and use superglue to seal the rubber or plastic back.

U have ur own home built Usb OTG cable.

Its easy to do esp if you are used to doing little stuff before.

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by guente02(m): 2:22pm On Dec 29, 2012
Please house how do one install a custom rom on tecno n3
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:26pm On Dec 29, 2012
cry

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:28pm On Dec 29, 2012
Yes I know it looks like shit. NL is not exactly the place suited to post a DIY how to with pictures.

Maybe a PDF will be a better idea. Just upload somewhere.....

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 5:07pm On Dec 29, 2012
Does anyone know how to make or where to buy microUSB to hdmi cable for s2?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by raynold17(m): 8:54pm On Dec 29, 2012
not android related but how d hell do I open a new 2go account..
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:14pm On Dec 29, 2012
Leopantro: Does anyone know how to make or where to buy microUSB to hdmi cable for s2?

Ask Engr Hamid. Last I spoke with him he said he had for sale.

But the one u will buy will be the type with MHL adapter and not just ordinary hmdi micro USB one o.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by engrhamid(m): 9:44pm On Dec 29, 2012
4llerbuntu:

Ask Engr Hamid. Last I spoke with him he said he had for sale.

But the one u will buy will be the type with MHL adapter and not just ordinary hmdi micro USB one o.
Thanks for the recommendation.
I have only d micro hdmi to hdmi cable, don't have the mhl adapter. Also, just one piece left.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 9:45pm On Dec 29, 2012
@ 4llerbuntu, thanks for the info. Was thinking of making one because I have many of the mini hdmi cables but couldn't get the Info any where.will ask him.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by pheesayor(m): 10:30pm On Dec 29, 2012
4llerbuntu: Yes I know it looks like shit. NL is not exactly the place suited to post a DIY how to with pictures.

Maybe a PDF will be a better idea. Just upload somewhere.....
please do, will be greatly appreciated
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:48am On Dec 30, 2012
pheesayor: please do, will be greatly appreciated

aiight. problem is getting to make another one. already have two........ will see sha

BTW can u make a micro USB - HDMI cable? don't think so. besides Samsung phones need the MHL adapter.
the adapter is the bugger
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 10:35am On Dec 30, 2012
@4llerbuntu, that's the issue. i have four of the miniHDMI cables. have searched YouTube and Google on how to make one but couldn't find any tutorial. will have to order the adapter but considering I'm getting the MK808, what's the point ?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by nazzyon(m): 3:02pm On Dec 30, 2012
oshioke2012: clean tecno t1 for sale....

Try Technology Market section
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 30, 2012
4llerbuntu: [size=18pt]Please vote the Ashipa of Lagos AKA 4llerbuntu for Phone Section Poster Of The Year https://www.nairaland.com/1119868/2012-phone-section-poster-year/ [/size]

Pls i currently use airtel bis on my lg p925. I want to kno d code for d unlimited package..
I also want to kno how to use mtm bis on my android.

I need someone who can root my android. And jailbreak my iphone..

Call me 08037603731. Festac Lagos
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 30, 2012
ozor1: for some reasons dey refuse to post it here..Some how I did mine myself.. In box or mail me for full set up

Pls send me how to use mtn bis on android. Fosheedop@yahoo.com 08037603731
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by coruso(m): 1:35am On Dec 31, 2012
Leopantro: well nobody is disturbing me about the free bis stuff so I can finally focus on other exploits.

one more week before I get my android MK808. watch the video on YouTube
pls i need the setting of mtn Bis on my android
my Email is brownbrownson@gmail.com
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by pheesayor(m): 8:37am On Dec 31, 2012
suniblu:

Pls i currently use airtel bis on my lg p925. I want to kno d code for d unlimited package..
I also want to kno how to use mtm bis on my android.

I need someone who can root my android. And jailbreak my iphone..

Call me 08037603731. Festac Lagos
you can search how to root your phone online just like I did, and I stay in festac too. Can we hook up?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by DAvIt0(m): 2:01pm On Dec 31, 2012
@Leopantro
you browse unlimitedly wif mtn on your droid
really? abeg ma drop ma mail. Thanks
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by mhozzis(m): 3:01pm On Dec 31, 2012
pls someone should help wit mtn bis on android pls.

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (601) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.