Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,731 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Android, Anyone? Part II - Phones (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? Part II (969959 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (601) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 1:15am On Jan 04, 2013
From Amazon.usually sold without the keypad so I checked for someone selling both. Avoided the Chinese websites because most had bad customer reviews. Also, make sure its MK808. The MK802 is cheaper but has wifi issues and over heats very fast. It was the main reason I got the Sim router for. Actually typing this on my TV with it. Remember , your TV must be an LCD with HDMI input slot.

Trying out different apps on it.comes pre-rooted.I got a 3D converter that converts normal A.V. inputs into 3D signals. Need to buy a HDMI cable.

Also ordered for a second one but delivery will be towards the end of the month.will let you know when it arrives
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:08am On Jan 04, 2013
why do u need a AV to 3D converter? u lost me at that point. i thought u said it comes with a HDMI cable?

interesting device...... ultimately i think i will just stick to something that can run XBMC or OpenELEC.
im not that convinced as to why i need to run android on my Tv. whats so compelling about it?

if its gaming i think OUYA would be much better. its due sometime in march?? (not sure tho)
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by KazeKage1: 10:10am On Jan 04, 2013
Leopantro: @ KazeKage1, remember i'm still using the "free" browsing stuff.

Its finally here.picked up my MK808 Android PC and its wonderful. It came with a logitech wireless keyboard, a charger, OTG cable, mini HDMI cable.

Properties;
Android version 4.1.1
Kernel version 3.0.8
Internal memory 8GB
Ram 1GB
Processor speed 1.2GB
Has a slot for micro SD up to 32 GB.

Updates later, some pictures
Can you please share with me? I'll appreciate it. Thanks
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Danharrison(m): 11:26am On Jan 04, 2013
I have some issues with my samsung galaxyS, SGH-1897 captivate (at&t model). The phone will boot to the display of 'GalaxyS' and hang, with the big 'S' logo flashing at the center of the screen, until a call or sms come in before the device can boot to the normal standby. But no icon after booting. A dark blank screen is what I have, with only the network bar, battery bar and time displaying at the top right side of the screen. Apart from that, everything seem to be ok. I can make and recieve calls and sms, my ringtone and lockscreen image, all in place. Help pls.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by jboy01(m): 3:59pm On Jan 04, 2013
Pls when ever I open some appllications like es file explorer, mx player, opera mini next on my galaxy pocket, they always force close before the application is fully launch. Pls what is d problem?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by DAvIt0(m): 5:26pm On Jan 04, 2013
jboy01: Pls when ever I open some appllications like es file explorer, mx player, opera mini next on my galaxy pocket, they always force close before the application is fully launch. Pls what is d problem?

try clearing cache and force stop some applications running background!!!(((
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 6:04pm On Jan 04, 2013
@ 4llerbuntu, sorry for confusing you. I had also bought a 3D converter that claims to convert normal AV signals to 3D and was itching to try it on the device. Has nothing to do with the MK808.
I have had of Roku and boxee and wanted something that would enable me to watch online shows, YouTube and the others on the TV.
The wireless adapter can support up to four devices at the same time.so with siasix (not sure I got the spelling right),I can hook up a wifi controller and play games on it. and battery is not an issue. Right now I enjoy reading google currents, you tube, imediashare on it
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 12:45am On Jan 05, 2013
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 8:46am On Jan 05, 2013
I just bought a samsung T969(T mobile).I tried to configure it manually for browsing,I couldn't find the portal for manual config. in the settings.Pls does anybody have an idea on how I can configure it for browsing?
I tried to configure automatically,the message I got from the mobile operators(mtn,glo...) was that it can't be configured automatically.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:58am On Jan 05, 2013
settings/mobile networks etc etc.

there is bound to be a place where u can scan for network signals, choose access points etc. look harder

jboy01: Pls when ever I open some appllications like es file explorer, mx player, opera mini next on my galaxy pocket, they always force close before the application is fully launch. Pls what is d problem?

are u on a stock ROM or custom ROM. if stock, factory reset. if custom, go and ask the dev that u got the ROM from.

Danharrison: I have some issues with my samsung galaxyS, SGH-1897 captivate (at&t model). The phone will boot to the display of 'GalaxyS' and hang, with the big 'S' logo flashing at the center of the screen, until a call or sms come in before the device can boot to the normal standby. But no icon after booting. A dark blank screen is what I have, with only the network bar, battery bar and time displaying at the top right side of the screen. Apart from that, everything seem to be ok. I can make and recieve calls and sms, my ringtone and lockscreen image, all in place. Help pls.

see a competent tech. most likely u need to flash it. but u need to be careful about doing that as it may be that u have a corrupted NAND
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 10:58am On Jan 05, 2013
Saw a review on the Android PC thought you might like to read
www.squidoo.com/mk808-dual-core-android-mini-pc-review
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by edoyad(m): 11:42am On Jan 05, 2013
Leopantro: Saw a review on the Android PC thought you might like to read
www.squidoo.com/mk808-dual-core-android-mini-pc-review

Please sir, do you know where I can buy this android mk808 mini PC in Nigeria?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by sambass(m): 12:39pm On Jan 05, 2013
@all pls help me to root my HTC mytouch 4g Fone cos I have tried rooting it wit visionary, z4root, gingerbread universal root and root app but no way. Pls help me let me anjoy my Fone oooo. Pls
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 1:15pm On Jan 05, 2013
edoyad:

Please sir, do you know where I can buy this android mk808 mini PC in Nigeria?

In Nigeria, nope. I searched extensively but couldn't locate it anywhere that's why I ordered it from Amazon. I ordered for two and the other is yet to arrive.if you are interested I'll leery tout know when it comes in
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by BlackBaron: 10:26pm On Jan 05, 2013
I have finally been able to get Screencast to record in-app on Galaxy S3! shocked cool

Only Problem is poor quality video and sound is off by a few seconds but then works well enough when uploaded to Youtube. grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:25am On Jan 08, 2013
isn't it time this thread is stickied?

we aint going no where soon.

anyways, shebi they said android is useless, is slow, its no good etc etc.
shebi they also said the open platforms are not good enough?

awon naysayers should eat their hearts out mehn. the kind of competition going on with companies leveraging android is simply "na wah o"

from the waterproof xperia z to the project shield. and its not even 10 days into the new year yet!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTW8actusTI
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Phoenix6278(m): 11:34am On Jan 08, 2013
I'♏ thinking of getting an android phone;a galxy S3 mini. I want to know if its possible for me to receive E-mails the way I do on my blackberry. Thanks
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Demdem(m): 11:43am On Jan 08, 2013
Phoenix6278: I'♏ thinking of getting an android phone;a galxy S3 mini. I want to know if its possible for me to receive E-mails the way I do on my blackberry. Thanks

Thats the least u can receive i guess
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by DAvIt0(m): 3:07pm On Jan 08, 2013
Phoenix6278: I'♏ thinking of getting an android phone;a galxy S3 mini. I want to know if its possible for me to receive E-mails the way I do on my blackberry. Thanks

sounds funny mehnnnn
why not hehehehe
over mails sef
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by DAvIt0(m): 3:08pm On Jan 08, 2013
4llerbuntu: isn't it time this thread is stickied?

awon naysayers should eat their hearts out mehn. the kind of competition going on with companies leveraging android is simply "na wah o"

from the waterproof xperia z to the project shield. and its not even 10 days into the new year yet!

seconded!!!
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ciphoenix: 4:41pm On Jan 08, 2013
4llerbuntu: isn't it time this thread is stickied?

plus the new qualcomm chipset. Thirded grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Youngsage: 10:48pm On Jan 08, 2013
pls house how do i get 'temple run' on my galaxy y duos, if possible? I like d ipad version, buh dont knw how to get it on d above mentiond fone. Tanx
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by jeebz: 12:24am On Jan 09, 2013
Google search Temple Run apk. It's about 23MB. You download it offline and install .
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 5:46am On Jan 09, 2013

sorry, which or what is a galaxy S3 mini?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 5:48am On Jan 09, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTW8actusTI[/quote]

Okay,I have seen my fifth Android device
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Youngsage: 7:19am On Jan 09, 2013
jeebz: Google search Temple Run apk. It's about 23MB. You download it offline and install .
o.k, tanx!
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Youngsage: 7:22am On Jan 09, 2013
Leopantro:

it is samsung's latest fone, jst dat the screen size is smaller dan dat of s3 dat is deir difference, it luks like iphone 5
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:23am On Jan 09, 2013
The S3 mini is a mid range fone with far poorer specs and performance compared with the S3.

@ leopantro how did u get amazon to ship to you in nigeria?

i want to buy stuff there but they telling me they don't ship to nigeria!
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Phoenix6278(m): 9:06am On Jan 09, 2013
4llerbuntu: The S3 mini is a mid range fone with far poorer specs and performance compared with the S3.

@ leopantro how did u get amazon to ship to you in nigeria?

i want to buy stuff there but they telling me they don't ship to nigeria!
Your description of the phone made me reconsider buying it, its about 56K. Can u please recommend a better android phone within that range?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Phoenix6278(m): 9:09am On Jan 09, 2013
Leopantro:

Its a new phone that has the same looks with the S3 but differing screen size and specs, of course S3 is more powerful.

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (601) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.