Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Android, Anyone? Part II - Phones (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? Part II (971093 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (601) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by sweetgala(m): 11:10am On Mar 23, 2013
techmymoney: New Android note taking app Nigeria's Best Tech site Leave like us on Facebook http://techmymoney.com/?p=1401

Downloaded that yesterday morning, heard good things about it. Would give it a try later.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by sweetgala(m): 11:21am On Mar 23, 2013
Should have waited before buying my nexus 4 might have gone for HTC one. HTC sense is in my opinion better that Samsung's UI. Its collation of so much data was why I loved my desire HD so much.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by edoyad(m): 2:55pm On Mar 23, 2013
good afternoon my android brethren. for the first time in almost two years i have found meself without an Android device by my side. my lg optimus finally packed up and i've been left in the wilderness. i'm sad, helpless and hopeless sad sad sad sad sad and can't wait till i can get my hands on some spare cash so i can breathe again. any advice on what i should be aiming for ? Ashipa which ICS devices do you recommend ?

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by blackweaver(m): 4:10pm On Mar 23, 2013
abrahym: anybody help me on how to disable auto start app on
samsung galaxy s2 and how to disable auto application
updating...it comsuming my battery and mb...thanks alot...

as far as i know, the apps that can do this only work properly on a rooted phone; on a none rooted phone the functionality is limited

i use Gemini App Manager and Autorun Manager

Autorun Manager is limited to 4 apps for the free version
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by blackweaver(m): 4:11pm On Mar 23, 2013
edoyad: good afternoon my android brethren. for the first time in almost two years i have found meself without an Android device by my side. my lg optimus finally packed up and i've been left in the wilderness. i'm sad, helpless and hopeless sad sad sad sad sad and can't wait till i can get my hands on some spare cash so i can breathe again. any advice on what i should be aiming for ? Ashipa which ICS devices do you recommend ?

bros go for jellybean joo, ICS is so last year
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by shooks: 10:09pm On Mar 23, 2013
Good day, i bought a brand new Tecno N3 today from computer village, tested it and confirmed that it was good. surprisingly, as i got to the house and was browsing through the phone it just vibrated and went off. i tried to power it but to no avail, but when i remove and replace the battery it will vibrate then Tecno will appear on the screen, it will subsequently go off.
before the problem started i noticed that the battery was around 70%, what should i docos am confused?
Any help will be appreciated.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by puskin: 1:45am On Mar 24, 2013
shooks: Good day, i bought a brand new Tecno N3 today from computer village, tested it and confirmed that it was good. surprisingly, as i got to the house and was browsing through the phone it just vibrated and went off. i tried to power it but to no avail, but when i remove and replace the battery it will vibrate then Tecno will appear on the screen, it will subsequently go off.
before the problem started i noticed that the battery was around 70%, what should i docos am confused?
Any help will be appreciated.

Return the phone to the shop you bought it from.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by malikalhaj: 9:02am On Mar 24, 2013
puskin:

Return the phone to the shop you bought it from.
simple as A B C

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:39am On Mar 24, 2013
@edoyad, that one na jamb question o

unless we know your budget and requirements in a phone......

I see we have another example of the pleasures of a chinko phone here. I guess the marketers and fans usually leave this part out when lauding the fones to the high heavens.

I hope their 'warranty' will replace the device
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 4:34pm On Mar 24, 2013
walescon: Help a brother.....which app works like action menu on android

if you have this problem or your physical buttons are not working try button saviour. must be rooted but its a great replacement for home buttons
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by texazzpete(m): 5:29pm On Mar 24, 2013
4llerbuntu:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rrEhnXjvIo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

samsung demoed some concept flexible OLED devices in this video. stunning.

I'm sure by the time they start to release them, we will be told how "gimmicky" they are and how some other OEMs are better.

by the time these devices come out, either Google stop Samsung from using android anymore, or they as well accept that no other OEM will be alive on android.

For all the talk of advertising, the distance between Samsung and other android oems when it comes to hardware innovation is massive.

apple used to have an edge, but they need a big release quickly or will lose market massively by next year.

for example only Motorola has better batteries. HTC and co are still releasing devices with LCD screens. and truth is even though we say the exynos octacore and co processors are a but gimmicky, they r d best performance wise out there.. and will keep improving.

You don't know what you're talking about. Give up this Samsung fanboyism...it's making your points progressively dumber.

The HTC One absolutely BURIES the Galaxy S IV when it comes to hardware innovation. From the unique build quality and techniques to the massive speaker chambers.

Samsung aren't the first OEM to demo flexible screens. I guarantee these won't be in any shipping phone for several cycles to come.

Then you go ahead and say something as dumb as 'HTC and co are still releasing devices with LCD screens'. Dude, the One X had a better screen than the S3 and the HTC One's SLCD even moves forward with this. The knee-jerk conclusion that AMOLED is always better than LCD is patently false...at least in shipping products.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by texazzpete(m): 5:51pm On Mar 24, 2013
@4llerbuntu

PS: Nokia already showed off a flexible display in 2011..

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/26/nokias-kinetic-future-flexible-screens-and-a-twisted-interface/

Samsung's project is nowhere near ready for market anyway...there's still no way to make the capacitive glass touch surface flexible...
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by edoyad(m): 9:43pm On Mar 24, 2013
4llerbuntu: @edoyad, that one na jamb question o

unless we know your budget
and requirements in a phone......

I see we have another example of the pleasures of a chinko phone here. I guess the marketers and fans usually leave this part out when lauding the fones to the high heavens.

I hope their 'warranty' will replace the device

40ish to 60ish kinda. Though I was checking out the Galaxy note 2 yesterday and I was told 98.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by FKO1(m): 10:07pm On Mar 24, 2013
texazzpete:

You don't know what you're talking about. Give up this Samsung fanboyism...it's making your points progressively dumber.

The HTC One absolutely BURIES the Galaxy S IV when it comes to hardware innovation. From the unique build quality and techniques to the massive speaker chambers.

Samsung aren't the first OEM to demo flexible screens. I guarantee these won't be in any shipping phone for several cycles to come.

Then you go ahead and say something as dumb as 'HTC and co are still releasing devices with LCD screens'. Dude, the One X had a better screen than the S3 and the HTC One's SLCD even moves forward with this. The knee-jerk conclusion that AMOLED is always better than LCD is patently false...at least in shipping products.
abi ooo
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by coruso(m): 10:26pm On Mar 24, 2013
Pls someone help can i upgrade my rooted galaxy y pro 2.3 to jellybean 4.0 or ice cream sandwitch?.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Daraplato(m): 12:13am On Mar 25, 2013
coruso: Pls someone help can i upgrade my rooted galaxy y pro 2.3 to jellybean 4.0 or ice cream sandwitch?.
That is the fastest way to brick your phone.

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by fadinus(m): 1:44pm On Mar 25, 2013
Can't can seem to be able to activate 3g on my htc inspire, keeps showing edge, i have tried n tried but no luck.... Please how can i solve dis issue?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by AlexMercer: 1:57pm On Mar 25, 2013
fadinus: Can't can seem to be able to activate 3g on my htc inspire, keeps showing edge, i have tried n tried but no luck.... Please how can i solve dis issue?
brother go to setting and check the 3g one on or
download app from play store to 2g/3g switcher may be this thing help u
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by fadinus(m): 2:40pm On Mar 25, 2013
Alex Mercer:
brother go to setting and check the 3g one on or
download app from play store to 2g/3g switcher may be this thing help u
Will try Ĭţ out tanks
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by LordReed(m): 4:44pm On Mar 25, 2013
edoyad:

40ish to 60ish kinda. Though I was checking out the Galaxy note 2 yesterday and I was told 98.

Since you like the Note 2 you could check out the Galaxy Grand. Its a dual core, 1GB ram 5in phone with similar design to the Note 2 and costs 60k. You could also consider the Galaxy S (40k), Galaxy S3 mini(50k) or the HTC Desire V(50k). However considering the trouble my friend who bought the Desire V is going through I'd not really recommend HTC products. He is having a hard time with the screen which due to either the minor crack on it or falling is no longer functioning properly. Replacing it is not feasible because he can't get the spare. Samsung have good representation here and most of their products are officially launched for Nigeria.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Azanor(m): 5:16pm On Mar 25, 2013
Expecting delivery of my Nexus 7 3G from the US on Thursday. Soo excited grin
Haven't had an Android device to call my own since my HTC Desire S was stolen last year. Tried running NITDroid on my Nokia N9 for a while but the experience wasn't so good (No camera, No phone calls, buggy 3G). SO i decided to get an android tablet instead and what better tablet than the N7?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:51pm On Mar 25, 2013
Lord_Reed:

Since you like the Note 2 you could check out the Galaxy Grand. Its a dual core, 1GB ram 5in phone with similar design to the Note 2 and costs 60k. You could also consider the Galaxy S (40k), Galaxy S3 mini(50k) or the HTC Desire V(50k). However considering the trouble my friend who bought the Desire V is going through I'd not really recommend HTC products. He is having a hard time with the screen which due to either the minor crack on it or falling is no longer functioning properly. Replacing it is not feasible because he can't get the spare. Samsung have good representation here and most of their products are officially launched for Nigeria.

Grand, galaxy s ke?
why u dey recommend old phone and poor mid ranger?

no joor. better buy machine not midrange knockoffs.

The OG Note is better than the grand, galaxy s, the HTC and the s3mini.

with a bit of scouting I'm pretty sure u can get a refurb note 2 or S3. prices are now dropping.

the OG note brand new is going for that range too.

personally I'd recommend u raise the dough and get the note 2. that's the most future proof phone out there now. it will take more than 2 years to make it really obsolete
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by LordReed(m): 9:01pm On Mar 25, 2013
4llerbuntu:

Grand, galaxy s ke?
why u dey recommend old phone and poor mid ranger?

no joor. better buy machine not midrange knockoffs.

The OG Note is better than the grand, galaxy s, the HTC and the s3mini.

with a bit of scouting I'm pretty sure u can get a refurb note 2 or S3. prices are now dropping.

the OG note brand new is going for that range too.

personally I'd recommend u raise the dough and get the note 2. that's the most future proof phone out there now. it will take more than 2 years to make it really obsolete

Well I must say I didn't consider "tokubo" phones in my recommendation and I agree that OG Note is kinda better than the Grand.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 9:22pm On Mar 25, 2013
does anyone know how I can download films from xbmc? an add-on or script or something?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 10:11pm On Mar 25, 2013
@ 4llerbuntu and texazzpete,this is for you. quit it

BlackBerry just shipped a new
phone that almost nobody has
tried . But lots of people
already have an opinion about
it! Some people think it is
great! Others are already
making fun of it! That’s pretty
typical behavior. People love
to fight and fight about phone
platforms; to toss around the
term fanboi and other insults
and invective. People love to
lob polemic after polemic in
the most boring argument
since Mac vs. Windows ever.
Do you like Android? You
should, it’s amazing. iOS?
Wow, what a great platform,
no wonder it started a
revolution. Windows Phone?
Seriously, it’s got a remarkable
and beautiful interface.
BlackBerry? There are plenty
of great reasons people love
it. And no matter which
platform you adore, it’s
shockingly possible to both
have a preference and respect
that other people may prefer
an entirely different device. I
know. Totally weird. But true.
Or, you can just call anyone
who expresses a contrary
opinion a jerk, or a fanboi, or
butthurt, some other un-
clever and deeply unoriginal
pejorative that ends with the
suffix “tard” and ultimately
makes you look dumber than
the person you’re trying,
vainly, to insult.
The phone wars, the platform
wars, should be left to people
who work for Apple and
Samsung and Google and
Microsoft and Nokia and
BlackBerry. Do you work for
Apple? Do you work for
Samsung? No? Then shut up.
Nobody cares what kind of
smartphone you believe in.
It’s not a religion. It’s not your
local sports team even. Stop
being a soldier. You are not a
soldier. You are just wrong.
Shut up. You there, with the
blog, in the comments, in the
pages of the newspaper or the
magazine or on Twitter or
Facebook. Whatever your
opinion is, as soon as you
employ it in partisan fashion,
it’s deeply and profoundly
wrong. Just by sharing it, you
are wrong. And nobody cares.
Except for the people who do.
And they are wrong too.
Myself included.
“But, but, but,” I hear you
stammering like some sort of
horrible person who has
mistaken a code base for a
system of moral beliefs, “the
screen is too big and not big
enough.” No. You’re wrong.
It’s just right. It’s just right for
whoever is holding it, unless
it’s not, in which case they’ll
decide that it is wrong on
their own and get a different
one. And then they’ll be right,
while you’ll still be wrong.
Here’s the thing: Every phone
can be right, for the right
reasons. Every platform can
be wonderful. (Do you know
how easy it would be to make
a BlackBerry joke right here?
Do you? I’ve got the joke right
here in my pocket. You sense
it even. You’re dying to make
it yourself. Go ahead. This one
time. Just do it. Whisper it.
I’m listening.) Here’s the
thing. That Blackberry Z10?
It’s right for someone,
somewhere. It really is.
There’s someone out there
who will take that phone
home and love it. Just
completely love it. Not in a
romantic, or sexual way. (I
hope.) But nonetheless, love.
And he (and it will almost
certainly be a he) will be right
to love that hunk of metal and
glass. Completely and totally
right. All the way up until he
goes online to fight over
phones, at which point he
becomes completely wrong.
Because, again, nobody cares
what kind of smartphone you
believe in. You are wrong. So
go ahead. Take to the
comments and call me a jerk
and a fool and a butthurt
fanboi. But it’s okay. I know
I’m right about this.

www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2013/03/nobody-cares-what-you-think-about-their-phone

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:45am On Mar 26, 2013
i didn’t read that fluff piece. but i guess i gather what its about.

IF you think it applies to me you are sorely mistaken.

primarily because i do not talk about devices or things that i dont know about. #FACT!

Secondly, i am never a fanboy of anything here, esp not when it comes to phones..... yet.

nairaland is filled with different types or people, e.g people who must ALWAYS be right, People who love to Argue, and people who love to demonstrate whatever knowledge or lack of it that they possess. want attention by all means amongst other types.

iv been unfortunate to get dragged into unnecessary discussions with some at times. other times i simply just play the troll and jerk people's chains for what its worth. i usually do that to tex and that other Windows Phone chap.

he is my good friend here, and i usually know his views before-hand. so for instance i'v known his anti samsung beef for a while so its fun to pull his chain and watch him go into his superb tech "argumentalism". nothing personal.

FYI @ all, i really dont give a sh--ee--t about android, samsung, HTC etc etc. its just the nearest thing to what i really like. <opensource>

I am a fanboy of UBUNTU. DAZ ALL!! like i said, by the time the mobile version is out, u can forget seeing me hereabouts.

and really, at times u need to look at the quality of whats being said sef. People say really crass, illogical and untrue things here like its was the gospel. pointing that out is a duty everyone who knows better should have. You should know the fanboys. how many times have u ever seen me start a thread about a certain phone or OEM?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by jboy01(m): 8:04am On Mar 26, 2013
pls gurus in d house, if a leave a galaxy pocket for some minutes like 50 minutes, and come back to browse on it, it will not connect. I need to switch off and on again in order to connect to the internet. any solution pls?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by nazzyon(m): 10:00am On Mar 26, 2013
texazzpete: @4llerbuntu

PS: Nokia already showed off a flexible display in 2011..

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/26/nokias-kinetic-future-flexible-screens-and-a-twisted-interface/

Samsung's project is nowhere near ready for market anyway...there's still no way to make the capacitive glass touch surface flexible...

I saw "Asha" on that Nokia phone...
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 10:38am On Mar 26, 2013
4llerbuntu:

iv been unfortunate to get dragged into unnecessary discussions with some at times. other times i simply just play the troll and jerk people's chains for what its worth. i usually do that to tex and that other Windows Phone chap.

he is my good friend here, and i usually know his views before-hand. so for instance i'v known his anti samsung beef for a while so its fun to pull his chain and watch him go into his superb tech "argumentalism". nothing personal.

so you have been yanking the guy's chain. have mercy on the guy; he will burst a vein if he's not already on anti hypertensives. the guy can rant.

haven't answered my question. I installed xbmc on my MK808 and turned it into a home theater. saw so many movies and series on it but want to download them not stream them. any ideas?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by texazzpete(m): 11:02am On Mar 26, 2013
Leopantro:

so you have been yanking the guy's chain. have mercy on the guy; he will burst a vein if he's not already on anti hypertensives. the guy can rant.

haven't answered my question. I installed xbmc on my MK808 and turned it into a home theater. saw so many movies and series on it but want to download them not stream them. any ideas?

Smh. You say this like I don't know when he's trolling me cheesy

Things are not always as they seem. I bash Samsung but use a Galaxy note 2. Before that? My Galaxy S III.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:04am On Mar 26, 2013
I guess u have to download the jdownloader plugin and configure it. it should be in the programs addon

haven't done jdownloader in about two years. cant really remember the setup. configuring it to scrape and download shouldn't be too hard.

maybe over the easter I will try for reference if I can stay unoccupied and sober long enough that is.

but I'm guessing the best setup will be to have xbmc installed on a full fledged os instead of a standalone. standalone usually require terminal-fu
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 11:38am On Mar 26, 2013
thanks for the info

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (601) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.