Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Would You Marry In Another Country? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Marry In Another Country? (5817 Views)

Build Your Career In Your 20s And Marry In Your 30s - Wendy Williams / Why Marry In The First Place When You Know? / Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by onila(f): 10:54am On Jun 30, 2012
Abeg_gi: The funny thing is, even if you marry a Nigerian woman either abroad or back home, should you decide to move back home in the future, there is no guarantee that she will agree to.

theres a higher chance she will compared 2 a foreigner
Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by tiebe: 10:55am On Jun 30, 2012
tpia@:
^when britons themselves do not make similar statements, i wonder wetin come be your own.

Brits have one of the highest emigration rates in the world.

lol. tell them
Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by onila(f): 10:56am On Jun 30, 2012
naa Naija 4 life!

getting married 2 my edo prince
Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by Nobody: 10:58am On Jun 30, 2012
Mafioso says, Stay with your own people. Family first. Marry your people to avoid headaches at old age...
Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by wildorchid(f): 11:00am On Jun 30, 2012
for the sake of family, culture and tradition, I dont think I can.
Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by onila(f): 11:07am On Jun 30, 2012
wildorchid: for the sake of family, culture and tradition, I dont think I can.
cool
Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by 3rdparty: 11:14am On Jun 30, 2012
Marry and take home
Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by Skmoda360(m): 11:17am On Jun 30, 2012
luckgames:

If I have to do it
Will marry any woman that make me happy
Sorry no going back to Nigeria to marry
seconded
Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by LesbianBoy(m): 11:23am On Jun 30, 2012
@OP ofcourse yes!!!! As far as the countries does not have divorce settlement law!
Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by Jenny20(f): 11:25am On Jun 30, 2012
claremont:
Apparently, the nature of my job means that I could die anywhere in the world. I don't understand why I would want to die at the place of my birth, does that give me extra privileges in the life after (if there is one)?

Back to topic, my "home" is where I have peace of mind to eat, drink, smoke, and safely cavort with ladies of easy virtue without looking over my back. I enjoy all these where I'm at the moment; therefore, I dey kampe till thy kingdom come! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Well said Claremont.
Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by Nobody: 11:34am On Jun 30, 2012
hugooh42: Interesting thread. I'm in the same dilema. Please keep the responses coming.

Yes, I will. Speaking from experience, I am one of those people who believe in marrying a Nigerian woman. Moved the the States at 18. Went to college here; undergraduate, graduate and worked professionally for 2 years. All these while I dated a lot of African American women (Non-Nigerian) and some few whites; these are all college educated not AKATA; as those ones who will give you problems and lead you to suicide pathsmiley Went back home a few yrs back and tried dating few Nigerian women, God!, it was difficult, not difficult as in attraction and all that. I am fairly an attractive guy but I realize that my way of life and thinking have been shaped by the few years I spent in the States. I found out that there were some cultural differences, kind of hard to explain, however I didn't feel comfortable or had the assurance that I could live with this person for the rest of my life, if I did, the marriage will not last and there will always be that friction as we both have different approaches to life, caused by cultural differences. To the contrary, when I returned and did reunite with an African American lady I had known, we connected pretty well compared to the Nigerian women and we are engaged now. She is a Michelle Obama type, educated - attorney, understands African culture and amenable to living in Nigeria. The spine of my comment is, I will not marry a Nigerian woman except she lives or had lived abroad for a while, that would help to neutralize the cultural difference. This experience is anecdotal!

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by levos2007(m): 11:42am On Jun 30, 2012
claremont: No going back to Nigeria at all at all, I dey kampe for UK grin. I will live, marry, have a family, and die here. There are good and bad ladies everywhere regardless of culture.
Bro na so,am luck to marry britiko, and all her family accepted me even her grand pa wey be 88 years...., 9Ja no far from uk, just 6hours....i feel that i dey very close to 9ja.. Uk na my home, 9ja na my home(love both countries)
Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by ifyalways(f): 11:56am On Jun 30, 2012
I did,no biggie.
Met,dated and married Corky Joe in Peckham,trusss mi.
Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by mannet(m): 12:05pm On Jun 30, 2012
@OP ,Jst like Danka777 said u should marry some1 u both understand eachother very well be it naija or white,the bottom line is love,undastanding & choice,what works for me may not work for u cos we have different orientation,lifestyle & culture,as for me i realy in love with the white ladies especialy americans cos they're so different in reasoning frm naija babes;naija babe can b vry difficult & like some1 said there both good & bad girls in evry tribe or race of the world...choose wisely.
Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by purplekayc(m): 12:18pm On Jun 30, 2012
and why not if she fits you??
Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by donsteady(m): 12:43pm On Jun 30, 2012
i will prefer to remain single than to marry other national.....

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by bravedude(m): 1:35pm On Jun 30, 2012
I don't think i can marry someone that isn't a Nigerian,though i plan on relocating to the state and i am very sure contract marriage will fetch me a green card there.Give u the cash and we roll 2 the court to sign those papers.Me marry white woman,Tai.
Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by Redman44(m): 2:41pm On Jun 30, 2012
We can marry anywhere we choose to, you know cool cool cool. I prefer to get married abroad for reasons best known to me. I also believe in marrying for the right reasons and not because both parties want to get something out of one another ( Green Card, Money etc ). The koko of my post is that my woman must be beautiful. Cheers.
Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by freecocoa(f): 2:46pm On Jun 30, 2012
I am so marrying a Nigerian,preferably an igbo man.

There's no type of love that i want that can't be found in Nigeria,abeg i no fit deal with oyibo people headache.

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by Tolaaaaannni(f): 3:13pm On Jun 30, 2012
I am definately not going to marry an american.I am going back home to marry a husband, but I might consider marrying an american born nigerian (if they at least can understand yoruba)or a nigerian that came here in their teen years.
Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by afrikan(f): 5:08pm On Jun 30, 2012
Well as a black african married to a Nigerian (Igbo) i can honestly tell you that it doesn't matter where we live later on in life. I have told my husband that i will move to Nigeria on the condition that we have built our own house there, and that we are financially sound. All African countries are the same, if you have money and can live comfortably with your family, and your kids have access to a good education, then why the hell live elsewhere? Yes i will miss my people but, my husband and kids matter more, so Naija here we come !
Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by onila(f): 5:48pm On Jun 30, 2012
afrikan: Well as a black african married to a Nigerian (Igbo) i can honestly tell you that it doesn't matter where we live later on in life. I have told my husband that i will move to Nigeria on the condition that we have built our own house there, and that we are financially sound. All African countries are the same, if you have money and can live comfortably with your family, and your kids have access to a good education, then why the hell live elsewhere? Yes i will miss my people but, my husband and kids matter more, so Naija here we come !

where r u from dearie?
Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by daviesmania(m): 6:04pm On Jun 30, 2012
sosoluv: Marrying from another country is fine so long u love and respect each other, but pls pple shud go die in their own countries
wats so special about dying @ home country?
Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by alexola20(m): 6:22pm On Jun 30, 2012
Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by levos2007(m): 7:52pm On Jun 30, 2012
claremont: No going back to Nigeria at all at all, I dey kampe for UK grin. I will live, marry, have a family, and die here. There are good and bad ladies everywhere regardless of culture.
Few years ago, i always dreaming to get married to a white woman but there is always this think of marrying a black woman as well, but few years ago i decided to further my education in aboard; My girlfriend then was from Benin,and she was studying nursing at the uniben, after 8 month of dating she told me that she is no longer interested because she found someone that is ready to settle with her that i still have a long way to go.(wetin man go do now).
After 4month i travelled out of the country, from the frist day i landed i started thanking God from loosing her from me.
Am happily married here and am happy, even due her family didn't know we are married after a year, when we told them, they still give us their blessing with gift.
I belive where ever you live and you are happy is your home; No one knows tomorrow, live your life and let tomorrow take care of of herself.
Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by Ranoscky(m): 1:18am On Jul 01, 2012
Currently datin a non Nigerian chick now, and if things work out, ama take her to the alter. But if it doesnt, then ama consida a naija girl.
Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by onila(f): 2:44am On Jul 01, 2012
Ranoscky: Currently datin a non Nigerian chick now, and if things work out, ama take her to the alter. But if it doesnt, then ama consida a naija girl.

where is she from?
Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by richyblink1(m): 10:00am On Jul 01, 2012
Luv,peace of mind,happiness,joy & understanding hv nothing 2 do with race,colour,location & country of origin.
I am one dude who belives luv understands all languages,situations & can adapt easily 2 any enviroment,culture,believes & custom.
D most important thing in life is having a partner with a similar ideology with u. Ppl may change,as well as country,tradition etc.
Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by richyblink1(m): 10:08am On Jul 01, 2012
Luv,peace of mind,happiness,joy & understanding hv nothing 2 do with race,colour,location & country of origin.
I am one dude who belives luv understands all languages,situations & can adapt easily 2 any enviroment,culture,believes & custom.
D most important thing in life is having a partner with a similar ideology with u. Ppl may change,as well as country,tradition etc. But a partner with a clear & well defined ideology,wil stand d test of time.

As 4 me,i dnt care abt ur colour,race or country so far ur in d same boat with me.Because a sympathetic wife is a man's best possession,while a mistk in marraiige brings a SHE DEVIL called wife.
Dudes,never say ur not told.
Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by AzaMontana(f): 7:57pm On Jul 03, 2012
I would like to thank everyone who took part in this discussion. Yoll were very helpful and i like the way everyone was honest about their views. To those who hated the thread i am very sorry for offending you but sometimes as a person you need to know how certain people feel about something in order to make your own decisions. We are all raised with certain values but we seem to forget them sometimes or we second gues our own decisions. I had to ask the question i asked and i appreciate each an every comment from all of you. You would be happy to know that your views helped shape the decision taken on this issue.God Bless you all and keep being as brillian as yol are
Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jul 03, 2012
Even if it is a Nigerian you want to marry, are there no Nigerians were you are?
Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by MrsChima(f): 8:24pm On Jul 03, 2012
Just give 2buff...a Big booty woman...he will marry her anywhere regardless if she isnt black.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Traditional Marriage Rites In Orlu / Come & Knack Me! Maheeda Pulls Her Pant To Her Knees In Racy Toilet 18+ Photos / A Married Woman Wants Me To Impregnate Her Against My Will-help?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.