Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,022 members, 7,818,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Do Nigerian Men Marry Non-nigerian Girls? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do Nigerian Men Marry Non-nigerian Girls? (19159 Views)

Opinion!! Why Do Handsome Men Marry Ugly Women?? / Why You Shouldn't Marry Non-Virgins / Why Don't Nigerian Men Marry Non-nigerians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Nigerian Men Marry Non-nigerian Girls? by AzaMontana(f): 12:21pm On Jun 29, 2012
HisRib:

You clearly aren't reading my posts. I have concerns that's why I don't date them. Also I want to be sure tey marry non nigerians 'cause I don't date for fun. Men love to play games so I gotta be on top of my game.

anyway to cut a long story short they do marry non nigerians. I pray one of the days you meet a good 9ja boy. Have a great one. Goodluck wink
Re: Do Nigerian Men Marry Non-nigerian Girls? by HisRib(f): 12:37pm On Jun 29, 2012
Just to clear up any confusion I'm not looking to marry a Nigerian man specifically. Of course I love my own men. I was just saying I find Nigerian men attractive & many of them have been after me for years. I was thinking about giving them a try but since I only date for serious things I wanted to make sure they marry non nigerians. That's why I started this thread. I also wanted to express my concerns about Nigerian men. That is all.
Re: Do Nigerian Men Marry Non-nigerian Girls? by ikeyman00(m): 12:45pm On Jun 29, 2012
^^^^^ ok tell us about congo men

hope u arent drunk like most while u are typing

just be curious; mind me

it funny the way other african refer juju like it nigerian thing

last time i remember kenya top pastor was accused of vodoo; child traffiking etc in UK;
Re: Do Nigerian Men Marry Non-nigerian Girls? by AzaMontana(f): 12:52pm On Jun 29, 2012
HisRib: Just to clear up any confusion I'm not looking to marry a Nigerian man specifically. Of course I love my own men. I was just saying I find Nigerian men attractive & many of them have been after me for years. I was thinking about giving them a try but since I only date for serious things I wanted to make sure they marry non nigerians. That's why I started this thread. I also wanted to express my concerns about Nigerian men. That is all.

Its fine that you wanted to express your views about our men, but please do me and yourself a favour, the next time you think of saying something about anyone from any nation please try to not be negative, insulting, degrading, disrespectful etc. It is never nice when someone does that whether they are white, black, red , green whatever. Your Post meant well but the wording was not nice. Just so you know, wording is very important. To me it felt as though you look down on our men. Bet you would never say such mean things about other nations. Please try to respect other people if you also want to be respected

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerian Men Marry Non-nigerian Girls? by ikeyman00(m): 12:56pm On Jun 29, 2012
@@@

however people like angry and bitter sis gator will alway talk about things she thinks she knows

most africans got serious issues with Nigeria; hahha for real; jealous? lipsrsealed

do u know this yeye poster will pick offence if u say to her oh i thought u are a Nigerian cuz u look it

the annoying thing nowadays is from the exposure of nollywood and that alot of them are trying to act like a naija gal!

only the true soldiers know what im talking about; for all the fake azz this isnt for u; strap that bomb on ur waiste; 77 virgin await u fool
Re: Do Nigerian Men Marry Non-nigerian Girls? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jun 29, 2012
That's all u need to know

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerian Men Marry Non-nigerian Girls? by ikeyman00(m): 1:05pm On Jun 29, 2012
@@@@

[size=28pt]BEEEEEEEEEEUTIIIIIIIIIIIIFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUO CONGO INDEED![/size]

Witchcraft murder: Couple jailed for Kristy Bamu killing

5 March 2012 Last updated at 15:08

709ShareFacebookTwitter.Witchcraft murder: Couple jailed for Kristy Bamu killing Eric Bikubi and Magalie Bamu were convicted of murdering Bamu's 15-year-old brother Kristy Continue reading the main story
Related Stories
Witchcraft murder couple guilty
Killers' witchcraft 'obsession'
Calls to end ‘witch’ child abuse

A couple who tortured and murdered a 15-year-old boy they accused of using witchcraft have been jailed for life.

Kristy Bamu and four of his siblings were visiting his sister Magalie Bamu, 29, and her partner Eric Bikubi, 28, when he was killed.

Kristy drowned in a bath in an exorcism at their flat in Newham, east London, on Christmas Day in 2010 after days of torture, the Old Bailey heard.

Bikubi was sentenced to a minimum of 30 years while Bamu must serve 25 years.

During sentencing, Judge David Paget said the murder had a "sadistic element", adding it was "prolonged torture involving mental and physical suffering being inflicted before death".

Hammer and chisel

He added that the ordeal the children were subjected to "almost passes belief". However, he accepted Bikubi's defence that he had brain damage and had believed that Kristy was a witch.

But Judge Paget added: "The belief in witchcraft, however genuine, cannot excuse an assault to another person, let alone the killing of another human being."

Kristy Bamu suffered 130 injuries and was found dead in a bath
He told Bamu he did not accept her denial of belief in witchcraft and that she was forced to attack Kristy by Bikubi.

"It is only explicable if you shared Eric Bikubi's belief. It provides some explanation for what happened, but it does not excuse it," he told her, adding that at no stage had she said sorry.

During the trial, the court heard that Kristy was attacked with knives, sticks, metal bars, ceramic floor tiles, bottles and a hammer and chisel by Bikubi and Bamu who also used a pair of pliers to twist his ear.

He drowned after he was placed in a bath for ritual cleansing.

'Jump from window'
Kristy was visiting the couple from Paris for Christmas along with his siblings, who were also attacked by the couple after Bikubi accused them of bringing "kindoki" - or witchcraft - into his home.

Bikubi beat all three of them and forced other children to join in with the attacks, the jury heard.

Kristy's sisters, aged 20 and 11, escaped further attacks after "confessing" to being witches.

But he was singled out for wetting his pants.

Continue reading the main story

Start Quote
Not only has she has lost her entire family, she faces a solitary life in prison”
End Quote
Philippa McAlasney QC

Magalie Bamu's barrister

At one point, Bikubi told them to jump out of the window to see if they could fly. They looked to their older sister for help but instead Bamu encouraged Bikubi and beat Kristy until he also confessed to witchcraft.

In court, his sister Kelly, now 21, said: "It was as if they were obsessed by witchcraft. They decided we had come there to kill them."

She added: "Kristy asked for forgiveness. He asked again and again. Magalie did absolutely nothing. She didn't give a damn. She said we deserved it."

Bamu was also found guilty of two counts of assault, charges which Bikubi had pleaded guilty to. Judge Paget said he would not pass separate sentences for these convictions.

'Ritualistic' abuse

Henry Grunwald QC, for Bikubi, said: "What happened would not have ended as it did had it not been for Mr Bikubi's mental impairment."

Philippa McAlasney QC, for Magalie, said: "Not only has she lost her entire family, she faces a solitary life in prison."

Kristy's father, Pierre, had previously said in a statement: "I feel betrayed. To know that Kristy's own sister, Magalie, did nothing to save him makes the pain that much worse."

Scotland Yard said it had investigated 83 cases involving abuse resulting from ritualistic or faith-based beliefs over the last 10 years.

Det Supt Terry Sharpe said: "The sentencing reflected the brutality and sadistic cruelty inflicted on Kristy in the days leading up to his death.

"This is a hidden and under-reported crime and therefore difficult to deal with in terms of protecting potential victims from harm."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-17255470
Re: Do Nigerian Men Marry Non-nigerian Girls? by ikeyman00(m): 1:20pm On Jun 29, 2012

Cloth cult: "Why Congolese men rather starve to death than look cheap."

http://boingboing.net/2007/05/24/cloth-cult-why-congo.html
Re: Do Nigerian Men Marry Non-nigerian Girls? by ikeyman00(m): 1:25pm On Jun 29, 2012
@@@

aside from soldiers there are not less than 50 R A P E cases goes on in Congo every few hours

could it be that most of ur men are rapist?
Re: Do Nigerian Men Marry Non-nigerian Girls? by MacLovington(m): 2:17pm On Jun 29, 2012
Aza Montana: was he sleeping?

shocked
abi oo my dear Aza. i open my eye korokoro. anyway i luv my sister jleke-idi.
Re: Do Nigerian Men Marry Non-nigerian Girls? by AzaMontana(f): 4:41pm On Jun 29, 2012
whats up with all this love hate relationship with Africans. its really boring you know. it seems we are being xhenophobic amongst ourselves. plz stop it now. its not nice. I even think other nationalities are laughing at us angry

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerian Men Marry Non-nigerian Girls? by AzaMontana(f): 4:55pm On Jun 29, 2012
bless you sugar

MacLovington:
abi oo my dear Aza. i open my eye korokoro. anyway i luv my sister jleke-idi.
Re: Do Nigerian Men Marry Non-nigerian Girls? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 29, 2012
HisRib: Just to clear up any confusion I'm not looking to marry a Nigerian man specifically. Of course I love my own men. I was just saying I find Nigerian men attractive & many of them have been after me for years. I was thinking about giving them a try but since I only date for serious things I wanted to make sure they marry non Nigerians. That's why I started this thread. I also wanted to express my concerns about Nigerian men. That is all.

@ OP,
Rule number 1 when you're on a Nigerian site - It's very wrong for you to stereotype Nigerians, but it's perfectly okay when they express their stereotypes concerning other nationalities.
Rule number 2 - expect pictures and links leading you to negative news/stories about your country, especially if they don't agree with what you post (an overused card on this forum).
Rule number 3 - be sure to go through other posts on the forum to avoid duplicating the same topics. This topic of yours has been overdone by many before you.
Rule number 4 - anything you type now can and will be used against you even after 5 years. Don't be shocked if someone quotes your post in 2017 while exchanging words with you.

At topic, yes, [i]some [/i]Nigerian men marry non-Nigerian girls and have fulfilling relationships with them. However, since you already have a negative perception of Nigerian men, don't you think it's safer for you to just avoid them? Would you be comfortable dating/marrying someone and always watching your back, wondering whether he fits your preconceived "profile" of Nigerian men? In any case, you've already declared that you're not looking for a Nigerian man to marry, so it should be no concern of yours whether they marry foreign women or not. Am not sure about you giving them a try (as you've put it) because whatsoever you expecteth from a man so shall you receiveth. You expect a serial cheater and a scam artist out of him and that's exactly what he'll be. If you expect a responsible and caring Nigerian man, that's what you'll get because your head will be the deciding factor and not your heart. In any case, you've already sealed the case, so even if a rare good one comes your way, you'll not see him at all, thanks to your stereotypical perception. You sound like a kind person and since you say you only date for "serious" stuff, I assume you're the type that "falls in love" only with someone who you think must take you to the altar. If that's who you are, no probs. Just use your HEAD above everything else and forget all that stuff about chemistry, butterflies, blah blah blah. Otherwise if you must enjoy the benefits of "falling in love" then stick to your own men honey. Like you've stated, you love your Congolese men, so concern yourself not with Nigerian men.

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerian Men Marry Non-nigerian Girls? by MrCork17: 6:02pm On Jun 29, 2012
any guy that wants to age quickly haas my blessin to marry a Nigerian woman. Not me! (no oofeinsese)undecided
Re: Do Nigerian Men Marry Non-nigerian Girls? by MrsChima(f): 6:56pm On Jun 29, 2012
Nigerian men have ugly arse feet.
Re: Do Nigerian Men Marry Non-nigerian Girls? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jun 29, 2012
Re: Do Nigerian Men Marry Non-nigerian Girls? by Fulaman198(m): 12:12am On Jun 30, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

You're putting Nigerian men on a high pedestal.

Nigerian men don't have preferences. Look att he fat white whales they marry.

Oh my gosh ROFLLL stop ROFLLLL you are killing me with laughter
Re: Do Nigerian Men Marry Non-nigerian Girls? by Fulaman198(m): 12:18am On Jun 30, 2012
Good Girl:

@ OP,
Rule number 1 when you're on a Nigerian site - It's very wrong for you to stereotype Nigerians, but it's perfectly okay when they express their stereotypes concerning other nationalities.
Rule number 2 - expect pictures and links leading you to negative news/stories about your country, especially if they don't agree with what you post (an overused card on this forum).
Rule number 3 - be sure to go through other posts on the forum to avoid duplicating the same topics. This topic of yours has been overdone by many before you.
Rule number 4 - anything you type now can and will be used against you even after 5 years. Don't be shocked if someone quotes your post in 2017 while exchanging words with you.

At topic, yes, [i]some [/i]Nigerian men marry non-Nigerian girls and have fulfilling relationships with them. However, since you already have a negative perception of Nigerian men, don't you think it's safer for you to just avoid them? Would you be comfortable dating/marrying someone and always watching your back, wondering whether he fits your preconceived "profile" of Nigerian men? In any case, you've already declared that you're not looking for a Nigerian man to marry, so it should be no concern of yours whether they marry foreign women or not. Am not sure about you giving them a try (as you've put it) because whatsoever you expecteth from a man so shall you receiveth. You expect a serial cheater and a scam artist out of him and that's exactly what he'll be. If you expect a responsible and caring Nigerian man, that's what you'll get because your head will be the deciding factor and not your heart. In any case, you've already sealed the case, so even if a rare good one comes your way, you'll not see him at all, thanks to your stereotypical perception. You sound like a kind person and since you say you only date for "serious" stuff, I assume you're the type that "falls in love" only with someone who you think must take you to the alter. If that's who you are, no probs. Just use your HEAD above everything else and forget all that stuff about chemistry, butterflies, blah blah blah. Otherwise if you must enjoy the benefits of "falling in love" then stick to your own men honey. Like you've stated, you love your Congolese men, so concern yourself not with Nigerian men.

Good girl, can you fulfill my foot fetish desires my dear? If so then we can marry
Re: Do Nigerian Men Marry Non-nigerian Girls? by Fiveseventy: 6:24am On Jun 30, 2012
Fulaman198:

Good girl, can you fulfill my foot fetish desires my dear? If so then we can marry

Thanks to this post. You will soon find a wife! lol @ Fulaman198

Aza is right! Being mean and verbal retaliation is extremely immature. None of us are perfect, so correct her instead.

BTW HisRib seems quiet after those pics and article.

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerian Men Marry Non-nigerian Girls? by Fulaman198(m): 6:27am On Jun 30, 2012
Fiveseventy:

Thanks to this post. You will soon find a wife! lol @ Fulaman198

Aza is right! Being mean and verbal retaliation is extremely immature. None of us are perfect, so correct her instead.

BTW HisRib has disappeared after those pics and article.

LOL thanks my bro/sis
Re: Do Nigerian Men Marry Non-nigerian Girls? by Fulaman198(m): 6:28am On Jun 30, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
Nigerian men have ugly arse feet.

This is about females feet now, not us dudes
Re: Do Nigerian Men Marry Non-nigerian Girls? by MrsChima(f): 6:52am On Jun 30, 2012
Fulaman198:

This is about females feet now, not us dudes

Awwww. Catching feelings na? grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Do Nigerian Men Marry Non-nigerian Girls? by HisRib(f): 6:54pm On Jun 30, 2012
Anyways... It was a nice exchange. I have gathered all the information that was provided. Thank you.
Re: Do Nigerian Men Marry Non-nigerian Girls? by onila(f): 7:00pm On Jun 30, 2012
HisRib: Anyways... It was a nice exchange. I have gathered all the information that was provided. Thank you.

whats the difference btw congo, drc and central african republic
Re: Do Nigerian Men Marry Non-nigerian Girls? by HisRib(f): 7:05pm On Jun 30, 2012
onila:

whats the difference btw congo, drc and central african republic

There are two countries in Africa called Congo.
Congo - Brazzaville/ Colonized by France
Congo - DRC/ Colonized by Belgium

Central African Republic is also a country in Africa just like South Africa, Nigeria, Ghana are countries in Africa.
Re: Do Nigerian Men Marry Non-nigerian Girls? by onila(f): 7:11pm On Jun 30, 2012
HisRib:

There are two countries in Africa called Congo.
Congo - Brazzaville/ Colonized by France
Congo - DRC/ Colonized by Belgium

Central African Republic is also a country in Africa just like South Africa, Nigeria, Ghana are countries in Africa.

oh thanks

but congo drc and congo r still like the same people. . just that they r in two different countries

does congo brazzaville also dance n sing like the congolese drc
Re: Do Nigerian Men Marry Non-nigerian Girls? by HisRib(f): 7:15pm On Jun 30, 2012
onila:

oh thanks

but congo drc and congo r still like the same people. . just that they r in two different countries

does congo brazzaville also dance n sing like the congolese drc

Saying Congo Brazza & DR Congo are the same people is like saying Ghanaians & Nigerians are the same people. If you agree with that statement then so do I.
Re: Do Nigerian Men Marry Non-nigerian Girls? by Oyinbo87: 7:20pm On Jun 30, 2012
HisRib: I'm African but not from Nigeria. I have a thing for Nigerian men. I think most are attractive & smart. But, I wonder if they marry women who aren't Nigerian?

I also have a few concerns about Nigerian men:
1) They are serial cheaters.
2) A lot of them use Juju to get rich.
3) Many are scam artists.
4) They are not very God-Fearing.
5) They aren't romantic.

Would a Nigerian man want to be with a girl like me?

Honest & Mature answers only please!

Naija guys seem to have a thing for me but I find many of the ones who try n toast me are snakes...I do know 2 Naija guys who are pure, honest, Godly and loving with the love of God and I would marry any one of em tomorrow if they asked!!...unfortunately I dont think neither are interested sad but it gives me hope that there are good men out there still!

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerian Men Marry Non-nigerian Girls? by onila(f): 7:23pm On Jun 30, 2012
HisRib:

Saying Congo Brazza & DR Congo are the same people is like saying Ghanaians & Nigerians are the same people. If you agree with that statement then so do I.
grin i guess i shld study this on my own

i think pple from congo brazzaville and congo drc are the same. .let me go and study more
ghana and nigerians are too different in terms of culture and physical features

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerian Men Marry Non-nigerian Girls? by Fulaman198(m): 12:43am On Jul 01, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Awwww. Catching feelings na? grin grin grin grin grin grin

lol
Re: Do Nigerian Men Marry Non-nigerian Girls? by Fulaman198(m): 12:47am On Jul 01, 2012
onila:
grin i guess i shld study this on my own

i think pple from congo brazzaville and congo drc are the same. .let me go and study more
ghana and nigerians are too different in terms of culture and physical features

I think that is a broad statement, it's kind of true, but kind of also not true.

There are Fulani people in Ghana, like there are Fulani people in Nigeria.

There are Hausa people in Ghana, like there are Hausa people in Nigeria.

Nigerians and Ghanaians both speak pidgin English, however overall, the ethnic groups are also very different if you are not counting semi-nomadic/nomadic ethnic groups. I guess in every West African country you will find Fulani people. I guess a better question for HisRib would be, are the ethnic groups in La republique democratique du Congo et le Congo the same? If so, then they are the same country pretty much. Nigeria and Ghana are not a good comparison, they are not even neighbouring countries.
Re: Do Nigerian Men Marry Non-nigerian Girls? by Nobody: 7:27am On Jul 02, 2012
Fulaman198:
I can fulfill them if you promise to do this......... tongue tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tight-Corner Situations Lovers Put Their Partners Through:Emusmith & Oliviaarims / If You were To Pick A Date On NL Who Would It Be? / "Virginity Is Overrated": Quote Non-Virgins Use To Console Themselves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.