Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,610 members, 7,840,450 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

Am I Expecting Too Much From This Relationship? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am I Expecting Too Much From This Relationship? (9837 Views)

Photo: When A Lady Tells A Nigerian Man "No Sex In This Relationship" / 10 Things Most Guys Do When Expecting Their Girlfriends / Tired Of This Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Expecting Too Much From This Relationship? by rockiedink(m): 1:12pm On Dec 04, 2007
ok. you sorted out issues with ya boyfie? what did he say? hit me up on messenger if you wish? address is in my profile
Re: Am I Expecting Too Much From This Relationship? by monisoola(f): 2:15pm On Dec 04, 2007
@ telltoo
Hi telltoo, I do not think you are my BF but if I do sound like your babe then I would like to give you some advice.
U need to know that women are wired differently from men. Even though u may see things in different perspectives but u need to learn to think together with her. From ur posts, it seems she must have mentioned your shortcomings to you. If you really love her, I wonder why u had to be this bitter and why u had to direct it to her on nairaland too even though u r shocked she’s discussing ur issues here.
I suggest if you are no more interested, call her and tell her nicely ( I wont die if my BF does that, it’ll only make me see wider and be wiser. At least I wld be convinced he is not the man for me). Don’t waste her time pls.
And if you r still interested, a lady needs to see and feel love. Telling her is not enough. U need to show her, no matter how busy you are. (I don’t want my guy to spend all his time with me; I just need to be carried along.) I want to know and see that this relationship is not one sided and that u are not merely pretending.
i guess that's not too much to ask if u are planning to marry her.
Re: Am I Expecting Too Much From This Relationship? by telltoo: 2:33pm On Dec 04, 2007
hi nooni
i dont think ure my gf either, obviously some mix up, but ur situation with ur bf is so suprisingly similar to mine that i ll try to use u to undertsytand and get thru to her. i calld her a few minutes ago and she assured me she didnt post anything on the internet. shes never even heard of nairaland. however,
1. i do try to carry her along, however since im not telepathic i can only be aware theres a problem if she communicates that fact to me
2. she s aware of almost all im going thru at the moment, men also need some support
3. i apologised (almost to the point of death 4 forgetting her bday and even tho im aware tht most women take stuff like tht very seriously, im reaaly at a loss at what to do next on that issue
4. if she doesnt realise tht i love her now, she ll never realise it, my so called shortcomings came the fore recently when i started to spend most of my time managing my business, there are nice ways of letting ur bf know youre unhappy with a relationship without hurting his pride. and i dont think the fact that u guys dont go out anymore is strictly his responsibility, why dont u suggest places 4 u guys to go?, except hes totally unwilling to go out with u.

moni u really sound like my gf and i really love her a lot, i guess both of u are very similar people. y dont u hit me up on yahoo so tht we can chat? id really like to undertsand her better thru you, cheerio and goodluck wiht ur bf
Re: Am I Expecting Too Much From This Relationship? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 04, 2007
telltoo:

4. if she doesnt realise that i love her now, she ll never realise it,

Women can't be relied upon to "realise" that you love them. You need to verbalise it and show it.

telltoo:

moni u really sound like my girlfriend and i really love her a lot, i guess both of u are very similar people. y don't u hit me up on yahoo so that we can chat? id really like to undertsand her better through you, cheerio and goodluck wiht your boyfriend

errrr bad move.
Re: Am I Expecting Too Much From This Relationship? by monisoola(f): 3:09pm On Dec 04, 2007
@ davidylan, why do u think that's a bad move?
&
@ telltoo; now, your last post really sound like my boy friend because he can be soo sweet and he easily accepts his fault.(but from all indications you are not him) though ur previous posts obviously tell u are tired of ur relationship and didn't show u are in love wit her , remember {quote from davidylan ; You need to verbalise and show a woman u love her}.
thank God u got a message from this, i did too. somehow i wish he gets to read this and know exactly what's in my mind, but i will take care of that myself. i wldn't mind to chat wit you. have it in mind that i and your girl may sound alike on this thread. we'll have different opinions, u still need to constantly talk to her and involve her in the things u do.
i wish u all the best with your girlfriend too.
Re: Am I Expecting Too Much From This Relationship? by VIC4U: 5:32pm On Dec 04, 2007
Hum! What a Coincidence? grin grin grin
Re: Am I Expecting Too Much From This Relationship? by kollyp2000(m): 7:57pm On Dec 04, 2007
At times, when I look at what these girls talks, It is enough to give any one of them close to me a dirty slap.

When a guy is trying to woo you. He uses everything in his capacity to do so. Go out of his ways, Misses appointment, spend all his savings, refused to visit her mother and so on, All just to proof his love for you.

After the toasting is over, you still want this kind of life to go on, You wont give a breathing space to him. You believe that everyday is Xmas. You believe that other generous guy that is trying to get your attention is the sweetest. Then go to to him to see what you will find, The rich guy that you are looking at, I pity you, There is thousands of girls like you looking at the same person.
(Sorry fro my outburst)

To the thread, I think you are asking too much, It is time to begin to practise for better for worse, you liked his ways that is why you started it off in this first place, so if he changes, you make effort to show your own love not to criticise him, He's planning for the future for you, you are thinking of birthdays, (How I wish I came in the olden days, when our mothers are contented with what was given to them and even proud of their own)

You have an harlot spirit and you must be delivered. Period
Re: Am I Expecting Too Much From This Relationship? by Ecomog: 2:52pm On Dec 05, 2007
Dear Monisoola,
You are the only one that can advise yourself,but one thing i will tell you for sure is that you cannot change anyone.If you are not comfortable with his attitude/ways then move on with your life because he is not going to change.Q.E.D
Re: Am I Expecting Too Much From This Relationship? by teena(f): 10:47am On Dec 11, 2007
@moni ansd telltoo, what a coincident!
I strongly belive that this thread will repair both r/ships and bring couples together.
Goodluck to you guys!

Big ups for Seun for the forum.
Re: Am I Expecting Too Much From This Relationship? by NANYA1887(f): 11:26am On Dec 15, 2007
Pls,can some1 tell me y dudes dnt jes get it?Girlfriend,i fil for u.Mostly because i'v BEEN DERE,DONE DAT!!!Fogetting ur bday is an offense i never forgive,den a lame ass excuse lyk he was busy, he deserves to be smacked!!! cheesy cheesy grin cheesy :DI'd say u kick his skinny-stingy-broke ass to the curb n find a real man dat'l treat u rite.But dont forget,money isnt everything.Den again d rich ones have loads of issues of deir own,with deir FOOTBALL SIZE EGOs grin.Just hang in dere gurl,take a break from blokes and deir wahala jare!, enjoy being u.DEN WEN U FIND D RITE MAN,DONT LET GO.Ciao!
Re: Am I Expecting Too Much From This Relationship? by NANYA1887(f): 11:37am On Dec 15, 2007
I have a problem with the attitude of some guys who write in.How can someone write in only to be called possessed and insecure?
Kolly p or whatever u call urself,u need to undastand that every one is different and therefore not subject to ur views on them.
Like i said earlier,the guy's stingy and insensitive and from your response so are u.
As for slapping any girl around u,try it and u may get bitch slapped,hommy cheesy cheesy smiley
P.S do u even have a girl, really,tell the truth.
Re: Am I Expecting Too Much From This Relationship? by olorioko1(m): 4:25pm On Dec 15, 2007
you really are not expecting much i would say but i will advise you sit and talk wit your hubby, tell him how you feel and how he doesnt have you at heart and how much it hurts you so uch,Try tell him how much you care about him, Please dont be irrationale,he miht be your bone of your bone and flesh of your flesh, you dont want to lose that do u?please sit and tal things out with each other, Love if wonderful andu guys shouldmake it wrk.Use your headand your heart.plus pray for a change heart if u really love him as you claim, dont let hm go.
cheers n all the best
Re: Am I Expecting Too Much From This Relationship? by tome1: 9:49am On Dec 17, 2007
monisoola:

No, telltoo can't be my boyfriend

@telltoo, seems u are not the guy she is refering to.
moniisoola i think you should tell him ur mind because the more u keep it within u the more u feel hurt.pour out ur mind and let him know ur expectation of him.also dont make the mistake of comparing him with other gys cos we are all uique in our own different ways.study his personality and that will help in making ur conclusions. if u decide to dump him now u dont know what u will mee again.
above all b4 u waste any further time,think can u really cope with his religion and will it not cause u pain in the future.
babygirl u are not expecting too much,u are just being human.
Re: Am I Expecting Too Much From This Relationship? by telltoo: 10:12am On Jan 29, 2008
hey mooni, just wondering wassup with u, finally told my girl what happened and she s amazed at the coincidence, we ve resolved whatever issues we had, and i just remembered u, thanks and goodluck
Re: Am I Expecting Too Much From This Relationship? by AfricaFace(f): 4:36pm On Jan 29, 2008
Hi Moni,
  I guess you are speaking for so many of us.
  My own case is just a replica of yours.
  Yours is even better that your guy is channelling his earnings to his  business which might even benefit you if you eventually get down with him. Mine is parctically not running any business, but i am so disconbobulated what he thinks about me. he has never taken me out to buy anything, if we  get into any restuarant on our way out , i will end up paying the bill, because he will always have this flemsy excuse that oh,  "it's weekend , i don't like taken money home and i forgot my ATM card at home."
  I thought i could cope with this  since i had a good job, but i am just realising that i can't because i get so upset and hurt anytime i think of it. I pity the girl that will eventually settle with that selfish being
Your Boyfriend is trying a lot , he spends time to call you even.
Just discuss with him , give him a chance and if he doesn't change,  the decision is yours.

But i must tell you, stinginess is a mother of so many vices.
Re: Am I Expecting Too Much From This Relationship? by Kceelyn(f): 1:19pm On Dec 01, 2009
@poster

First off,u re not n I repeat not asking for too much n just like someone else said,u re enduring too much! Am writing dis with a heavy heart,cos am goin or hv just bn thru same lane,which ended on sallah day(friday).My ex(I call him dat now,cos dats wht he is 4eva n eva,so help me God!) n I,hv bn dating for a couple of months n bliv me,he's always busy,busier than a busy buzzin bee!At first,it was nice,hvin a hardworking bf,so I told myself.Sobs!!!!!!!!!!Even on wkends,I dont get to c him,wld go ova to his place n cook my ass off without him even being der to eat.Anytime I invite him for any event,he finds one excuse or anoda.My niece's buffday,which meant alot to me n my family,I invited him,with high expectations,wanting to show off my bf to my folks n frds.Did he show up?NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cld go on n on,but dis is not my thread.On friday's event broke my back n I had to call it quits.Cos I was tired of lovin n wanting someone,who doesnt even hv my time!Am hurtin rite now,cos it was a big decision for me,but I had to take it,cos if not I wld end up giving my self HBP! So sista,take a cue from me n bounce,cos dat guy aint worth ur time,love n resources.He's gonna continually give u xcuses for every damn thing,at one point,it wld look as tho u were forcing urself on him n as if ur life depended on him, Rilly wish u wld hv the strength to move on,instead of stayin n gettin a hard hard heartbreak eventually,cos u knw men,when he eventually makes money,babe u re old skool to him,d good times u guys shared,ur challenges in d rship,he's gonna throw it outta d windows.I hope not tho.All d best!U cld go on ur knees n seek His face.maybe d Holy spirit will touch his heart sha!My 2-cent.
Re: Am I Expecting Too Much From This Relationship? by Glorya(f): 4:47pm On Dec 01, 2009
its so sad to see that many ladies are also going through thesame fate as i was.

Moni, ur case is not different from mine at all. The only difference is that we are from the same religion but I am from the east and he is from the North, he is a nice guy with all the ‘am sorry, please and thank you. You just can’t pick a quarrel with him cos he'll apologize and you'll end up feeling guilty.

He used to be generous when we first started dating but now u can’t squeeze a penny out of him not to talk of going out. We hav only been out once in 21 months. Since I work I don’t really bother but a girl needs a little pampering sometimes. Mind you he has the money to finance projects like buying a power bike or giving his friends money when they are broke but not even a chewing gum for his gf. I even have to beg to be entertained when I go to his house. U even get phone calls, very lucky.

Anyway I got thinking, a man that cannot take care of his gf cannot possibly begin to take care of a family. Its hard to just walk since I also love him but I took some time away to think abt d whole thing. Try doing the same too, maybe u’ll see things in a clearer picture.

Best of luck on whatever decision you decide to take
Re: Am I Expecting Too Much From This Relationship? by adaphik(f): 11:35am On Apr 17, 2010
Everyone here has contributed meaningfully in one way or the other. Well, in addition to d contributions, I'd suggest u pray seriously over it, ask God to give u d ability to discern rightly n take a right decision. Tell him to help u to identify the right man for u, cos it may be him and it may not be him. Only God can tell. All the best.
Re: Am I Expecting Too Much From This Relationship? by kitlady02(f): 5:15pm On Apr 17, 2010
@poster, ur nt asking 4 2much dear. . .its either ur boyfrnd lacks"sense of responsibility" or he doesnt feel dat towards u. I knw hw it feels cos i hv been dere b4. . . . I wuld advice u to start pulling out of dt relationship gradually cos he ll kip sayin " i lv u n i promise i ll mk it up to u" n yet nufin is changing. Its ur decisio to mk anyway but remember;
A guy dt truly lvs u will always hv u on his mind, n a guy dt hs u on his mind will nt 4get any major info abt u, talk more of ur bday. . . . I hope wt am thinking is nt wt he wnts to do to u. . . Gudluck nywy.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos: Is This The End Of Prostitution? / I Contracted HIV From This Girl From Nairaland(pic) / Boy Who Posted The Viral Babcock S*x Tape Issues Public Apology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.