Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,567 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Family Background And Relationships - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Family Background And Relationships (8436 Views)

Domestic Violence And Relationships / Prophecy And Relationships / Inferiority Complex in Dating and Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Background And Relationships by queensmith: 7:07pm On Jul 05, 2012
It does- a man that grew up in a happy home is more likely to have a happy relationship. If you have a razmataz background it's possible to have a lot of baggage. Baggage that may affect your outlook on relationships. If your father beat your mother you will be abusive, if your father is a misogynist you will believe women are inferior, if you are a mommys boy you will have a very very hard time in your relationships.

Ideally ones partner should come from a 'traditional' home with 2 happy parents that are happy and raised him in a happy setting. Otherwise he'd be miserable and all his efforts will be towards making the woman/man in his life miserable. Of course this isn't a general rule but I do use family background to judge people alot. Then again we never know what is happening behind closed doors.

1 Like

Re: Family Background And Relationships by 2dmax(m): 7:24pm On Jul 05, 2012
AabuBlack:

Well, personally I think this topic is subjective. It totally depends on the people involved.
Personally, I think it does matter to an extent.
A couple of things can come between people. From Finance to religion to Tribe and what not. Even CLASS.
Trust me. People who are truly in love tend to overlook these things though.

Just my 2 cents.
as u rightly said...PEOPLE.WHO.ARE.IN.LOVE if only u knew d patience and turn d other cheek those people pass tru!
Re: Family Background And Relationships by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jul 05, 2012
Yes it does sometimes
Re: Family Background And Relationships by NAJALYN: 9:06pm On Jul 05, 2012
There are exceptions. We have had instances where rich men marry from poor families for love, and vice versa.
Re: Family Background And Relationships by Freiburger(m): 10:45pm On Jul 05, 2012
shymmex:

I was trying to say relate to culturally...

I think it's better that way..
I see, you meant robbing minds. But i still think it depends on what both parties want from the relationship.
Re: Family Background And Relationships by Nobody: 12:41am On Jul 06, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Yes it does. . .A girl from a poor home will definitely become a gold-digger.
Off point!

1 Like

Re: Family Background And Relationships by kandiikane(m): 1:03am On Jul 06, 2012
*strolls in, looks around, takes a dump*

angry
Re: Family Background And Relationships by ayobase(m): 7:51am On Jul 06, 2012
190: Do family background normally have an impact on one's relationship

discuss. .

Its never built on pedigree, but on mien.
Relationship is based on trust, love, care, faithfulness, provision, sound intimacy and d likes.
Its a choice to possess those qualities!
Re: Family Background And Relationships by Goldieluks: 9:22am On Jul 06, 2012
Yes it does, for example one who is brought up in a loveless background, tends to strongly
believe that love is not important in a relationship. Or maybe one who haven't seen daddy say sorry
to mummy, will automatically conclude that saying 'sorry' is not a neccessity in a relationship. It goes on and on.
Re: Family Background And Relationships by Confilass: 10:00am On Jul 06, 2012
It matters alot. Even in d bible we hear about Lineage from Abraham, Isaac etc.

I used to feel b4 it doesn't matter until I was a victim (long story).
Re: Family Background And Relationships by yam: 10:27am On Jul 06, 2012
MRbrownJAY: yes on some level:
- if your father is a polygamist and you were born to believe that there is nothing wrong with the act, then i understand why a lady (who doesnt believe in polygamy) would not want to marry you.

- if all your family members are Muslim extremists, then i understand why a liberal/free spirited person wouldnt want to marry you.

etc

Often true but not always
Re: Family Background And Relationships by yam: 10:29am On Jul 06, 2012
queensmith: It does- a man that grew up in a happy home is more likely to have a happy relationship. If you have a razmataz background it's possible to have a lot of baggage. Baggage that may affect your outlook on relationships. If your father beat your mother you will be abusive, if your father is a misogynist you will believe women are inferior, if you are a mommys boy you will have a very very hard time in your relationships.

Ideally ones partner should come from a 'traditional' home with 2 happy parents that are happy and raised him in a happy setting. Otherwise he'd be miserable and all his efforts will be towards making the woman/man in his life miserable. Of course this isn't a general rule but I do use family background to judge people alot. Then again we never know what is happening behind closed doors.

Re: Family Background And Relationships by yam: 10:30am On Jul 06, 2012
ayobase:

Its never built on pedigree, but on mien.
Relationship is based on trust, love, care, faithfulness, provision, sound intimacy and d likes.
Its a choice to possess those qualities!

Always true.
Re: Family Background And Relationships by yam: 10:31am On Jul 06, 2012
Goldieluks: Yes it does, for example one who is brought up in a loveless background, tends to strongly
believe that love is not important in a relationship. Or maybe one who haven't seen daddy say sorry
to mummy, will automatically conclude that saying 'sorry' is not a neccessity in a relationship. It goes on and on.

Re: Family Background And Relationships by yam: 10:34am On Jul 06, 2012
queensmith: It does- a man that grew up in a happy home is more likely to have a happy relationship. If you have a razmataz background it's possible to have a lot of baggage. Baggage that may affect your outlook on relationships. If your father beat your mother you will be abusive, if your father is a misogynist you will believe women are inferior, if you are a mommys boy you will have a very very hard time in your relationships.

Never True
Re: Family Background And Relationships by LongOne1(m): 11:40am On Jul 06, 2012
A tricky one, but I think it depends more on the individual, which is why I feel one should be exposed to other cultures and ways of doing things to have a broad-minded perspective of life.
Then, the person’s values will be based on personal experience, allowing them to eliminate the traits they feel are not right.

People from similar family backgrounds have married, yet still divorced and vice-versa. Therefore, I don’t think anything should be written in stone as there are no guarantees in life, apart from death.
Re: Family Background And Relationships by jpphilips(m): 1:45pm On Jul 06, 2012

discuss. .

guess you wont have a problem taking Clifford orji's daughter to the alter
Re: Family Background And Relationships by denzel2009: 1:48pm On Jul 06, 2012

discuss. .

your nairaland background could have an impact on your relationship.
Re: Family Background And Relationships by honourlaja(m): 2:07pm On Jul 06, 2012

discuss. .

Life most esp. Marital life, is a stage play and we all act almost d same script if not careful, but different characters. If a family has a history of strange illness at a certain period in life, d same might repeat itself. In any family u are preparing to go to, be ready to go through what goes through them. If a family have th history of hatred towards one of the parents or both, d same might repeat itself except by fervent prayers. That is why love is not enough in marriage. Some battles must have been won before you step into dat relationship, to avoid attacks from the wicked world. He\she who has hear let such hear clearly.
Re: Family Background And Relationships by gonon: 2:50pm On Jul 06, 2012
It matters big time. So you know or have an idea of what to expect from your relationship with the person.
Re: Family Background And Relationships by 190: 9:00pm On Jul 06, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Yes it does. . .A girl from a poor home will definitely become a gold-digger.

Yes its so true

Like my ex whose family couldn't afford 3 square meals
Started phocking around and I sent her dashing straight in2 a gutter
And found myself a rich, curvy, shapey, vanilla-flavoured aje buttered gurl
Who's father can sponor my marriage with his daughter 100 times over and over

Last time I heard from d ex she was notoriously currently dating a yahoo boy
In port harcourt, and using juju on him - smh

Na wa -
Re: Family Background And Relationships by kandiikane(m): 10:11pm On Jul 06, 2012
Wow! See lies. .
Re: Family Background And Relationships by 190: 10:15pm On Jul 06, 2012
Wahs dis gay albino called kandikane talkin bout
Re: Family Background And Relationships by kandiikane(m): 10:28pm On Jul 06, 2012
Lool
Re: Family Background And Relationships by Beync(f): 11:33pm On Jul 06, 2012
Yes it matters alot. There are traits that runs in families. it's either good or bad traits. dont overlook them if u discover any negative trait.
it's just like when if u r A S and u marry A S, u must give bith to SS. there are exceptions but in rare cases
Re: Family Background And Relationships by 190: 11:38pm On Jul 06, 2012
Hmmm
Re: Family Background And Relationships by Tinkybabe(f): 3:04am On Jul 07, 2012
To some extent like some people pointed out but other influences like peer group,exposure,educational level can reinforce or undermine it
I personally have learnt to study the behavioral pattern of a person(ofcourse know a bit about their background)and try to see correlations between them and where they are from,good and bad.One thing I wouldn't do is judge a person by their background unless it's medically based or there is a generational curse in the family.
Re: Family Background And Relationships by BijiAgam(f): 6:15am On Jul 07, 2012
in most cases yes b cos in some families, wen any body is geting married, the family members will want to enquire on were thier child is marrying to and if they are not comfortable with what they see, they try to stop the relationship/marriage.
Re: Family Background And Relationships by 190: 6:26am On Jul 07, 2012
I agree with d Op

Wait - isn't dat same OP me

Anyway back 2 topic, my last 2 ex were from broken or almost broken
Homes where they were brought up by single mom's wit little or no
Impact frm their dad and d rlatnshp was a terrible expperience
One wasn't just a hustler/prostitute in disguise
D other was a stark cold hearted stone cold killer
Re: Family Background And Relationships by 190: 9:36pm On Jul 07, 2012
cool
Re: Family Background And Relationships by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jul 07, 2012
Guinea Fowl cheesy
Re: Family Background And Relationships by 190: 10:48pm On Jul 07, 2012
u again!! undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yay Or Nay? Bridesmaids Flashing Their Butts In Wedding Photos / . / Wives, Why Did You stop having sex with your man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.