Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:31 AM

The Entrepreneur's Manual - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Entrepreneur's Manual (21740 Views)

The Entrepreneur: Who Delivers The Best Result With Online Product Marketing? / ANALYSED COST OF RUNNING A PURE WATER BUSINESS IN NIGERIA + START-UP MANUAL / The Entrepreneur's Mindset For Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by 2sexy(m): 6:34pm On Jul 25, 2012
envee:

OMG.....U dug me out.! I actually forgot I wrote that a while ago.

Truth is; I have been a bit selfish to teach and that was really naïve on my part. I am older and wiser now I have to agree with your observation.
I totally like cross-selling concept 'tho I'v never tried it before. Its definitely a good idea since it will involve d sale of the materials that'll be required for my designs.

I am highly motivated already.
Thank you for your advices!

@Acidtalk: I can't thank you enough for this thread!
God bless you.

Would you like free nation-wide advertisement? Try article marketing but make sure that you have a website in place so that people will be confident enough to do business with you and I hope you are good at what you do. I would have loved to expanciate on article marketing, which only a very few Nigerians are using now. Infact, this is how I planned to do my small business while I am at NYSC camp. You may book me to design your website for you free if you will pay the hosting which is N5,500 for one year. I will not charge you for the design and set up of the website. Infact, I will be doing one for a fellow member here(newacca) and we have agreed to a month from now when I shall be free from school wahala. I will also go a step further by helping you on how to use article marketing to pull through free advertisement while clients contact you from every corners of Nigeria. Who knows, you may be given contract from anywhere in Nigeria from this alone because many eyes will see your article.

Do you know the smartest thing? How many people have you seen that are doing this,specifically in your niche? Almost non! I have read newspapers almost everyday at school and I am yet to see people doing it and those that are doing it are very few and non in your niche. I type all this via mobile since my modem is broken but when I get a new one, this forum will feel me real good! But project things first.

1 Like

Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by Undabridge(m): 6:40pm On Jul 25, 2012
2sexy:
sorry to say this but seriously, you don't have the spirit of an entrepreneur. You want someone to spoon-feed you? And you seem to be after an easy route(though not obvious, but I can read between the line) you don't like internet business and that's where majority of you are making a big mistake. What is Google,facebook, yahoo,myspace,twitter, Hi5 all doing only? NA Akara them dey sell abi? Forget all those 'how to make money online blah blah blah' that you see on here. Internet business is way beyond all that.

Thank God I have finally graduated so I will have enough time, before going to my NYSC camp, to educate people here. I just hope that the mod does not delete my thread o o o.

And ummm... I need to get a new mtn modem so tiat can effectively carry out this.

Nigerian youth are so backward when it comes to online startup,I don't realli blame dem cos wot most of us do is to go on social site to share picture and other stuffs.Also most of d online bizness advertise here are realli flooded just becos no one wants to come up wit there own unique idea.Young entreprenuer in dotcom startup are btw 20 to 30yrs all over d world now but we have refuse to be stagnat here in Nigeria.
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by eemjay17(m): 8:48pm On Jul 25, 2012
Welldone on d good work @OP. But please i will like if you can help with a good business plan for small scale boutique to include men/women/kid wears. Am once into d biz back then in skul nd now am plannin to go into it .plus if anyone can elp suggest where to get correct stuff to stock d shop. My budget is within d range of #200k - 250k. Tnx in anticipation.
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by Chubhie: 9:16pm On Jul 25, 2012
envee:

I'll be glad to teach anyone who is interested.
Pls send an email to mojjiemiles@hotmail.com and I'll respond. Then we can plan ahead.

Have you considered doing some free stylish wall paintings of yours free on some very good locations that targets both the middle class and the affluent?

Make sure you leave your phone number and mail addy once you are done. Me like what you do. All the very best dear.

Acid baba,i throway o. i dey follow you bumper to bumper.
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by freshdew: 9:46pm On Jul 25, 2012
[quote author=bayleaf]very nice thread. please keep it up.
for a while now i have been pondering on what to do as an extra from my job. i have thought of various stuff like distributoship to car leasing but they all need big finances.very nice thread. please keep it up.
for a while now i have been pondering on what to do as an extra from my job. i have thought of various stuff like distributoship to car leasing but they all need big finances. angry what do you thin one can do if he has between 250k to 500k?[/ I'm currently looking for distributors for my CUSTARD POWDER, for those who live in the Northern part of nigeria,or middle belt With a minimum of N100,000.you can open a distributorship with me.good product and good pricing and good packaging especially the satchets will pay u very good profits.reach me on 08025273552.08091985291
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by acidtalk: 10:59pm On Jul 25, 2012
[/b][b]
feelamong:

Pls do suggest..I will gladly get them for her to read!!

I will suggest 3 different categories of books. one for building self esteem, one for motivation and the last for building business ideas.

Motivation :
feelamong:

I will suggest 3 different categories of books. one for building self esteem, one for motivation and the last for building business ideas.

Motivation :
feelamong:

Self Esteem :
How to talk to anyone, anytime, anywhere (Larry King)

Motivation :

How to get from where you are to where you want to be (Jack Canfield)*
What got you here won't get you there (Marshall Goldsmith)*

Building Business Ideas :

Start small finish big (Fred Deluca)
Young Guns (Robert Touchman)
The psychology of selling (Brian Tracy)*

the (*) books are the ones i advice you must first try and buy. i am also recomending it to every other reader in this thread.

I am ready to refund your money if on finish reading them you dont feel better and more confident with yourself.

2 Likes

Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by acidtalk: 11:08pm On Jul 25, 2012
eemjay17: Welldone on d good work @OP. But please i will like if you can help with a good business plan for small scale boutique to include men/women/kid wears. Am once into d biz back then in skul nd now am plannin to go into it .plus if anyone can elp suggest where to get correct stuff to stock d shop. My budget is within d range of #200k - 250k. Tnx in anticipation.

First and foremost i will want to find out if you intend getting a loan to finance your business on the immediate. If the answer is No! then i will suggest you getting started first before bothering yourself with a business plan.

The truth is most people crave to own a business plan which they probably might never open.

building a business plan for you isnt a big deal but i dont see you needing in right now.

I will suggest you lookout for people who bring in the goods directly into the country (distributors/wholesalers).
create a good and trustworthy raport with them so that they can give you goods more than the deposit you make.

most important is to get your customers onground before pumping too much money into the business.
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by feelamong(m): 9:18am On Jul 26, 2012
acidtalk: [/b][b]

Motivation :

Motivation :

Self Esteem :
How to talk to anyone, anytime, anywhere (Larry King)

Motivation :

How to get from where you are to where you want to be (Jack Canfield)*
What got you here won't get you there (Marshall Goldsmith)*

Building Business Ideas :

Start small finish big (Fred Deluca)
Young Guns (Robert Touchman)
The psychology of selling (Brian Tracy)*

the (*) books are the ones i advice you must first try and buy. i am also recomending it to every other reader in this thread.

I am ready to refund your money if on finish reading them you dont feel better and more confident with yourself.

Thanks bro! Am off to Laterna Books to get these books immediately!!
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by 2sexy(m): 9:52am On Jul 26, 2012
feelamong:

I love readers! Readers are leaders with virtue.

Get GOALS! By Brina Tracy.

Get Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki

Get The Richest Man in Babylon( I forgot the authors name).

Get Think and Grow Rich by Napolenn Hill.

Get Rich Dad's Guide to Investment by Robert Kiyosaki. This one will give you insight into business system and investor's mindset.

1 Like

Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by acidtalk: 10:33am On Jul 26, 2012
2sexy:
I love readers! Readers are leaders with virtue.

Get GOALS! By Brina Tracy.

Get Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki

Get The Richest Man in Babylon( I forgot the authors name).

Get Think and Grow Rich by Napolenn Hill.

Get Rich Dad's Guide to Investment by Robert Kiyosaki. This one will give you insight into business system and investor's mindset.

Thanks for the contribution.
I have read all these books and I believe they are all 'money making and investment' related.
That's not what the beneficial needs right now.
Aside that, the truth remain that most of the principuls in those books are not 100% implementable here in Nigeria.
The America business environment is totally different from that of Nigeria.

It very okay to have an ideas of advice the authors render but implementing it here is someworth impossible.

I always suggest books that one can readily relate to and see instant advice. Not reading just for the sake of reading.

1 Like

Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by acidtalk: 4:15pm On Jul 27, 2012
feelamong:

Have you finally gotten the books?
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jul 27, 2012
acidtalk:

You`ve got mail.
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by feelamong(m): 4:42pm On Jul 27, 2012
acidtalk:

yea got a couple! cash na issue u know!

Start small finish big by Fred Deluca)
The psychology of selling by Brian Tracy
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by acidtalk: 5:35pm On Jul 27, 2012
feelamong:

yea got a couple! cash na issue u know!

Start small finish big by Fred Deluca)
The psychology of selling by Brian Tracy

*thumbs up*
I bet you won't regret reading them.
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by apexutason: 6:16pm On Jul 27, 2012
i have been looking 4 this kind of opportunity bt thank God u are here. My problem is, i have ds dream of runing a cyber cafe and bizness and also going for recharge cards printing biznes and have gone ahead 2 register business wit CAC. BUT MY PROBLEM IS HOW TO GET THE CAPITAL TO KICK START THIS BIZNESS. PLS HELP
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by acidtalk: 12:19am On Jul 28, 2012
apexutason: i have been looking 4 this kind of opportunity bt thank God u are here. My problem is, i have ds dream of runing a cyber cafe and bizness and also going for recharge cards printing biznes and have gone ahead 2 register business wit CAC. BUT MY PROBLEM IS HOW TO GET THE CAPITAL TO KICK START THIS BIZNESS. PLS HELP

I congratulate you on the move you have taken in registering a business. But that's only just the begining.

I won't ask the other questions have you have clearly stated it that you don't have the capital.

I will be quite open and straight forward with you.

I will suggest you start small (I.e, with the recharge card sales) and save the profit made which will over time be used to start the cyber cafe business.

You can try walk into Microfinance banks in your location and get enquiries on how their loaning policy work.

Though I doubt if any bank will be leading to loan someone money for that kind of open and porous business. But who am I to conclude?

Try and talk to few family and friends who you believe can help you financially and also support your business idea.

Be willing to make a sharing formular that will best suit you both. In order to make them interested in investing in your business.

I saved this for last:
Forget looking for money from scratch to startup your cyber cafe.
There are hundreds of cyber cafe owners that are looking for a professional hand to come and take charge the running of their business.
Check out newspaper dailies as some of them advertize. Also scout around and notice cybercafe that are almost going off business, write a letter of interest/ facility managing letter to the owner with the promise to give him a certain percentage over time.

I hate to say this but the truth is, if you can't invest in your business then build avenues to grow with little or no money of yours.

All the best!

1 Like

Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by Nobody: 4:56am On Jul 28, 2012
@acidtalk, are you gonna respond to my mail or not?
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by ogr01: 12:29pm On Jul 28, 2012
Many thanks to all your reports.I can see that you are talking out of passion and driven by vision.
I want to start production of shopping nylon bag and will like to get some tips in accessing/breaking through the market of which i know one competitor to face given my feasibility studies.
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by ogr01: 12:35pm On Jul 28, 2012
Acidtalk welldone.
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by acidtalk: 1:58pm On Jul 28, 2012
Brand_new: @acidtalk, are you gonna respond to my mail or not?

Oga I am most sorry.
The mail only came as a notification from nairaland.com and I responded with my e.mail address so don't know why you didn't get it.

The e.mail is the same "user Id"@ (the sound a hours makes). You suppose get am now.

Cheers!
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by acidtalk: 2:19pm On Jul 28, 2012
ogr01: Many thanks to all your reports.I can see that you are talking out of passion and driven by vision.
I want to start production of shopping nylon bag and will like to get some tips in accessing/breaking through the market of which i know one competitor to face given my feasibility studies.

I want to assume you have everyother thing in place, you only want to know how to have a good grounding in the matter.

First and foremost, in branding there's is something called the "king of the market" and "the rule of first". Your competitor has got both right now because they have been in the market ahead of you.

But there's still big hope for you. Part of it are;

*Notice the flaws of production your competitor has committed and improve on it. Get people to ask major distributors of the competitors nylon to take their complains of what customers don't like about that brand. That way you will be able to improve on their flaws and with time people will get to trust and apprciate your brand.

*Also don't focus too much of your strength trying to dominate the market. Look at areas where your competitors product isn't readily available and then concentrate your distribution towards there. I.e Up North, Eastern and South-South regions of the country.

* The power of pricing. Distribute to the market a few hundres of naira or even thousands of what your competitor charges and you will find out people who are mainly price conscious than any other thing will eventually settle for your products.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 28, 2012
acidtalk:

Oga I am most sorry.
The mail only came as a notification from nairaland.com and I responded with my e.mail address so don't know why you didn't get it.

The e.mail is the same "user Id"@ (the sound a hours makes). You suppose get am now.

Cheers!
I think you have to follow back for us to connect lol!
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by eemjay17(m): 7:59pm On Jul 28, 2012
First and foremost i will want tofind out if you intend getting a loan to finance your business on the immediate. If the answer is No! then i will suggest you getting started first before bothering yourself with a business plan.
The truth is most people crave toown a business plan which they probably might never open.
building a business plan for you isnt a big deal but i dont see you needing in right now.
I will suggest you lookout for people who bring in the goods directly into the country (distributors/wholesalers).
create a good and trustworthy raport with them so that they can give you goods more than the deposit you make.
most important is to get your customers onground before pumping too much money into the business.

Bro.. D biz plan is sumtin i need lyk i said,d source of d money is goin to be a kinda loan thou nt loan perse' bt d plan is demanded of me to defend my plan. I will be glad if yu can elp with dt.
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by ogr01: 8:02pm On Jul 28, 2012
acidtalk:

I want to assume you have everyother thing in place, you only want to know how to have a good grounding in the matter.

First and foremost, in branding there's is something called the "king of the market" and "the rule of first". Your competitor has got both right now because they have been in the market ahead of you.

But there's still big hope for you. Part of it are;

*Notice the flaws of production your competitor has committed and improve on it. Get people to ask major distributors of the competitors nylon to take their complains of what customers don't like about that brand. That way you will be able to improve on their flaws and with time people will get to trust and apprciate your brand.

*Also don't focus too much of your strength trying to dominate the market. Look at areas where your competitors product isn't readily available and then concentrate your distribution towards there. I.e Up North, Eastern and South-South regions of the country.

* The power of pricing. Distribute to the market a few hundres of naira or even thousands of what your competitor charges and you will find out people who are mainly price conscious than any other thing will eventually settle for your products.

All the best.

Many Thanks to your comments.I am still very open to information from you on what you think are the neccessary tips for this type of business.Will appreciate any from you.
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jul 28, 2012
@ACidtalk Nice one Sir pls I need to‎​ know ‎​if 5million will start a petroleum transport bizness ,how much can I get a truck for Hire..or sale,....pls kindly enlighten me more on what to‎​ do....mail me on Myk444u@yahoo.com
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by eemjay17(m): 8:14pm On Jul 28, 2012
acidtalk:

First and foremost i will want to find out if you intend getting a loan to finance your business on the immediate. If the answer is No! then i will suggest you getting started first before bothering yourself with a business plan.

The truth is most people crave to own a business plan which they probably might never open.

Bro.. D biz plan is sumtin i need lyk i said,d source of d money is goin to be a kinda loan thou nt loan perse' bt d plan is demanded of me to defend my plan. I will be glad if yu can elp with dt.
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by acidtalk: 8:14pm On Jul 28, 2012
flymyq: @ACidtalk Nice one Sir pls I need to‎​ know ‎​if 5million will start a petroleum transport bizness ,how much can I get a truck for Hire..or sale,....pls kindly enlighten me more on what to‎​ do....mail me on Myk444u@yahoo.com

I think N5million is someworth okay to start up a petrol transporting business.
Haven't done much on that industry (Oil and Gas) in a few months.
But from what I know, depending on the size of the tanker you could get a very reasonable and realiable tanker within that range or slightly less.

Could make detailed enquiries for you on this though......

1 Like

Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by acidtalk: 8:19pm On Jul 28, 2012
eemjay17:

The most difficult 'paper work' in any business entity is a "building a business plan". Since I am doing a FREE consulting here, I won't have the whole month (or few weeks) to create one for you from scratch to finish.

However I can give you guideline tips on how to achieve one just like I did earlier for the "proposal". I hope you are okay with this or can recommend you to someone who will readily build one for you, only thing is he/she will want to collect a few cash from you.

1 Like

Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jul 28, 2012
@acidtalk thank you so much ,I awaits ur responds ‎​And every other proccess I need to‎​ undergo...u can send your number to‎​ the mail box I sent to‎​ u thank you
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by acidtalk: 10:15pm On Jul 28, 2012
^^the pleasure is mine.

^

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

NMFB: I Was ₦‎201,773.38 Through My Bank Account! Help / Nigerian Court Awards $10 Million Damages Against Shoprite For Contract Breach / How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.