Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,894 members, 7,824,745 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

The Entrepreneur's Manual - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Entrepreneur's Manual (21775 Views)

The Entrepreneur: Who Delivers The Best Result With Online Product Marketing? / ANALYSED COST OF RUNNING A PURE WATER BUSINESS IN NIGERIA + START-UP MANUAL / The Entrepreneur's Mindset For Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by captalex(m): 6:00pm On Oct 11, 2012
Hey acid,

ideas on How to run a mobile-Kitchen in lagos, would be much appreciated, keke napeps attached to carts would be used to transport the food-items from location to location,also help to advice on it's viability in locations like ikeja,v,i,ikoyi...

thanks.
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by acidtalk: 8:54pm On Oct 12, 2012
captalex: Hey acid,

ideas on How to run a mobile-Kitchen in lagos, would be much appreciated, keke napeps attached to carts would be used to transport the food-items from location to location,also help to advice on it's viability in locations like ikeja,v,i,ikoyi...

thanks.

First and foremost, I will tell you the forecast for such business is very very lucrative and beneficial provided to have already secured your clients (customers). The Island (V/island, ikoyi, and lasgos island are very reliable hotspot for such ) because of the high volume of business activities over there.

Let me now tell you the shocking news, Lekki Phase 1 is the BEST hotspot for this business. You know why? They don't have enough food centres for the low and average income earners in the zone.

The only major thing is to do your promotions prior to when you startup. Also you will need to register you motor bike in the Estate (about N25,000). All the best.
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by 10Billion(m): 5:22pm On Oct 14, 2012
Hello acidtalk.
I intend going into a supermarkt biz, so I nid ideas, guidelines, advice & any info dat can make my bussiness to be sucessful.
I even started a thread on dis topic but there wern't any reliable info.
My major problem now is my source of goods. I need contact wit a trustworthy supplier who will be giving me good @ an affordeable rates. I sent u an email asking 4 ur mobile number 4 direct contact but it didn't deliver.
Pls send me ur number to JUDGES080@GMAIL.COM. Tanx 4 d wounderful work u re doing, God will surely bless u for us.
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by sugar001(f): 8:45pm On Oct 14, 2012
Best Thread ever!.... Pls i want to go into buying and selling bissness(ladies lingerie). I stay in ph and i have no intension of traveling to buy my stuffs. Thinking of shopping on line. Please any suggestions@reliable websites?... Thanks.
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by acidtalk: 9:36pm On Oct 14, 2012
10Billion: Hello acidtalk.
I intend going into a supermarkt biz, so I nid ideas, guidelines, advice & any info dat can make my bussiness to be sucessful.
I even started a thread on dis topic but there wern't any reliable info.
My major problem now is my source of goods. I need contact wit a trustworthy supplier who will be giving me good @ an affordeable rates. I sent u an email asking 4 ur mobile number 4 direct contact but it didn't deliver.
Pls send me ur number to JUDGES080@GMAIL.COM. Tanx 4 d wounderful work u re doing, God will surely bless u for us.

I am extremely sorry, I will respond to you e.mail as soon as I can.

I will sincerely advice you to scout for your suppliers from MAJOR distributors who deal directly with companies so that you can get the best prices.

Depending on where you want to situate your supermarket, your distributors will deliver your items at your doorstep and might even consider selling to you on credit if you have proven to be credit worthy.

Supermarket is a very lucrative business especially when you don't have competitors around you.
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by acidtalk: 9:39pm On Oct 14, 2012
sugar 001: Best Thread ever!.... Pls i want to go into buying and selling bissness(ladies lingerie). I stay in ph and i have no intension of traveling to buy my stuffs. Thinking of shopping on line. Please any suggestions@reliable websites?... Thanks.

First and foremost I wouldn't suggest the online purchase as the best form for starters.

I will suggest you look for people who travel direct to Dubai and China to get their goods and then as time goes on you can start ordering yours from the internet or even going yourself.

This will enable you understand the different products, texture, best body recommendation and others better.

I hope this helps a little?

1 Like

Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by Buchika: 9:59pm On Oct 14, 2012
acidtalk more grease to ur elbow, i went in to agric and cultivated over 4 hectares (100 plots) of cassava hoping to process and sell as garri or starch. At end of the day the loss was terrible. Processing took away all the money. So please can you advice on a better way of processing cassava especially peeling of the tubers or how to make the cassava business profitable. Waiting 4 ur reply
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by acidtalk: 10:27pm On Oct 14, 2012
Buchika: acidtalk more grease to ur elbow, i went in to agric and cultivated over 4 hectares (100 plots) of cassava hoping to process and sell as garri or starch. At end of the day the loss was terrible. Processing took away all the money. So please can you advice on a better way of processing cassava especially peeling of the tubers or how to make the cassava business profitable. Waiting 4 ur reply

Sorry for the loss.
But you should have considered all those aspect before the harvest of the cassava.

I won't want to promise a feedback on this and dissapoint you.

What I will suggest is for you to find out major cassava farmers/dealerls and distributors and genuinely seek their advice, believe me, most of them will tell you even if you will have to pay a few cash for it.

All the best. But when I have something beneficial on this, I will certainly let you know.
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by Buchika: 11:16pm On Oct 14, 2012
acidtalk:

Sorry for the loss.
But you should have considered all those aspect before the harvest of the cassava.

I won't want to promise a feedback on this and dissapoint you.

What I will suggest is for you to find out major cassava farmers/dealerls and distributors and genuinely seek their advice, believe me, most of them will tell you even if you will have to pay a few cash for it.

All the best. But when I have something beneficial on this, I will certainly let you know.

thanks all the same
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by sugar001(f): 8:30am On Oct 15, 2012
Thanks. But i dont know peeps that travel to those places,and i cant afford to travel ..... I want to take the risk@shopping on line. I ll start in a small way..... Then see how it goes.... Please recommend reliable shopping sites(that can deliver goods to Nigeria). I appreciate.quote author=acidtalk]

First and foremost I wouldn't suggest the online purchase as the best form for starters.

I will suggest you look for people who travel direct to Dubai and China to get their goods and then as time goes on you can start ordering yours from the internet or even going yourself.

This will enable you understand the different products, texture, best body recommendation and others better.

I hope this helps a little?[/quote]
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by abuov: 9:55am On Oct 15, 2012
Hi everyone,I have been following this thread since day one I must say ​tanks to the originator of the thread.As part of my contribution,I want to help those with great business idea but No cash to get a shop for their business.I have office space at Lekki for anyone who is interested.I use the place for training every saturday so the office is always locked from Monday to Friday.so I want to help by giving it out to sombody to use from momday-friday. U̶̲̥̅̊ can reach m̶̲̥̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ on rachyabv@gmail.com. Note:Is not free but very low rate.
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by oludaniels: 10:35am On Oct 15, 2012
@acidtalk good afternoon its of great reputation you started this thread but unfortunately you havent replied my mail for almost a week can you beat that?
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by acidtalk: 12:15pm On Oct 15, 2012
I am so sorry sir/ma,
Please can you kindly resend the mail?
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by 10Billion(m): 12:58pm On Oct 15, 2012
@Acidtalk, my main problem now is where & how to get in contact wit my suppliers, did u have anybody or did know any body who can direct me to them (suppliers)? Will u mind posting ur number so I can give u a call? Or can you pls call me so dat I will call u back? 08095777857 my mobile number.
Tanx alot.
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by emilyone(f): 12:59pm On Oct 15, 2012
Hello Acidtalk,
pls i need you to supply me with ideas / guidelines on how to set up and manage a successful Restaurant Business
not necessarily a big one, i intend to start little and see how it goes from there, Ajah environ preferably

i once opened a thread concerning this and not a single comment came in sad
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by feelamong(m): 10:41am On Oct 16, 2012
10Billion: @Acidtalk, my main problem now is where & how to get in contact wit my suppliers, did u have anybody or did know any body who can direct me to them (suppliers)? Will u mind posting ur number so I can give u a call? Or can you pls call me so dat I will call u back? 08095777857 my mobile number.
Tanx alot.

I KNOW A LOT OF SUPPLIERS IN LAGOS. WILL GIVE U A CALL SOONEST OR SEND MAIL TO FEELAMONG@GMAIL.COM
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by BrandKing: 3:39pm On Oct 16, 2012
For your Business questions, advice and general Business consulting we are here for you.

We Help;

Develop business ideas
Writing of Proposals and Business plans
Marketing and Sales Strategy and advice
Staff training and Recruitment

We will be giving FREE business consulting services from now till the Monday 22, October 2012.

Contact us now for your free samples of our services.

I believe our website will be up and running before the weekend is over.

For Details :
Nirom and Doch
niromanddoch@yahoo.com,
01 - 8127254, 08034010652.

@acidtalk, God bless you for this thread. However it appears you are too busy to attend to people's needs as some people are complaining of late response of e.mails
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by lordtq(m): 3:56pm On Oct 16, 2012
Great!!!please can i have same template too but we are not in the same line of business but i can at least have an idea
acidtalk: THANKS

Will try and what out a detailed proposal that will suit your need.
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by lordtq(m): 4:11pm On Oct 16, 2012
please can you take your time to define the 'article marketing'thanks
2sexy:

Would you like free nation-wide advertisement? Try article marketing but make sure that you have a website in place so that people will be confident enough to do business with you and I hope you are good at what you do. I would have loved to expanciate on article marketing, which only a very few Nigerians are using now. Infact, this is how I planned to do my small business while I am at NYSC camp. You may book me to design your website for you free if you will pay the hosting which is N5,500 for one year. I will not charge you for the design and set up of the website. Infact, I will be doing one for a fellow member here(newacca) and we have agreed to a month from now when I shall be free from school wahala. I will also go a step further by helping you on how to use article marketing to pull through free advertisement while clients contact you from every corners of Nigeria. Who knows, you may be given contract from anywhere in Nigeria from this alone because many eyes will see your article.

Do you know the smartest thing? How many people have you seen that are doing this,specifically in your niche? Almost non! I have read newspapers almost everyday at school and I am yet to see people doing it and those that are doing it are very few and non in your niche. I type all this via mobile since my modem is broken but when I get a new one, this forum will feel me real good! But project things first.
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by bolly(m): 1:04am On Oct 17, 2012
Do You Need A Loan!|

Note: WE DONT GIVE LOAN BUT I WILL GIVE YOU THE MANUAL LIST OF INDIVIDUALS AND PRIVATE ORGANIZATION THAT GIVE LOAN TO PEOPLE BASED IN LAGOS INCLUDING THEIR LOCATION AND PHONE NUMBERS
Collateral|
Without Collateral
LPO SUPPORT
BUSINESS LOAN

MANUAL PRICE=> N500.(NAIRA)

TO ORDER FOR THIS MANUAL;
MANUAL COST: N500 FOR THE FIRST 30 PEOPLE TO ORDER,AFTER THEN IS N1000.SO ACT FAST!!!!!!!

PAY TO
BANK: GUARANTY TRUST BANK
ACCT NUMBER; 001-933-2579
ACCT NAME; BOLAJI ABIOYE

AFTER PAYMENT,PLEASE TEXT IN THIS FORMAT; LOAN WITH OR WITHOUT COLLATERAL,NAME,PHONE NUMBER,EMAIL ADDRES TO 07055896391.
THANKS FOR READING.
SEE YOU ON TOP
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by saltimmy: 10:37am On Oct 17, 2012
Hello acidtalk,
Am a young guy with the dream of becoming an entreprenuer , but don't know how to go about it. Am thinking of going into fishery with the little capital I have. I also got a text recently, from www.talktoomuch.net( bulksms and int calls) , but don't know how real it is...your advice will be highly appreciated.
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by BrandKing: 11:54pm On Oct 18, 2012
Are you confused on a business to startup with? or just general want to have ideas to pick from.

Download FOR FREE a business idea score card from our website www.niromanddoch.com

How to go about it :
Click on www.niromanddoch.com
click on the "Business Ideas Score Sheet" to download the FREE form.
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by BrandKing: 11:57pm On Oct 18, 2012
lordtq: Great!!!please can i have same template too but we are not in the same line of business but i can at least have an idea

put up your e.mail address so i can send you a proposal sample.
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by innocentchuks(m): 8:31am On Nov 04, 2012
wow! a nice trend, i am a business onwer a fish farmer and computer technicain. the thing is that i have not been able to develope a good cash flow that will take me out of cat race, i need a brain storming idea that will help me generate enough cash to support my business. what is the best way to do it?
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by innocentchuks(m): 9:33am On Nov 04, 2012
@ acidtalk this is my email embaco2002@yahoo.com can u please send my infos of the business principles u listed and anything that will be helpful. thanks
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by DueTime(m): 1:46pm On Nov 04, 2012
innocent chuks: wow! a nice trend, i am a business onwer a fish farmer and computer technicain. the thing is that i have not been able to develope a good cash flow that will take me out of cat race, i need a brain storming idea that will help me generate enough cash to support my business. what is the best way to do it?

The very first thing a businessman needs to do when his profit margins are so low is to reduce costs - overhead costs, fixed costs, etc. Look at areas you think you can cut back on without affecting the bottomline. If you propound your own fish feed, maybe replacement of maize with wheat (or the other way round) will save you some costs; maybe using fish meal of 65% will probably give you the same value as using the more expensive 72%. Just look for ways; there are always ways.

Note that if your profit margin was barely 5% and you manage to cut costs by 5%, you would have doubled your profit, just like that!

After you've cut costs, you can then think of increasing revenue by increasing capacity. This will surely increase your bottomline since most fixed costs will remain the same.

Just my 2Naira!

1 Like

Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by Niiade(m): 4:10pm On Nov 04, 2012
[quote author=sugar 001]Thanks. But i dont know peeps that travel to those places,and i cant afford to travel ..... I want to take the risk@shopping on line. I ll start in a small way..... Then see how it goes.... Please recommend reliable shopping sites(that can deliver goods to Nigeria). I appreciate.quote author=acidtalk]

I am into procurement and i can help you buy n ship any item you find online n want. If you interested do let me know 08025140064. Thanks
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by acidtalk: 6:11pm On Nov 04, 2012
DueTime:

The very first thing a businessman needs to do when his profit margins are so low is to reduce costs - overhead costs, fixed costs, etc. Look at areas you think you can cut back on without affecting the bottomline. If you propound your own fish feed, maybe replacement of maize with wheat (or the other way round) will save you some costs; maybe using fish meal of 65% will probably give you the same value as using the more expensive 72%. Just look for ways; there are always ways.

Note that if your profit margin was barely 5% and you manage to cut costs by 5%, you would have doubled your profit, just like that!

After you've cut costs, you can then think of increasing revenue by increasing capacity. This will surely increase your bottomline since most fixed costs will remain the same.

Nice one.
And some people will go cursing to high heavens and blaming Banks and other organizations for downsizing.
Just my 2Naira!
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by feelamong(m): 1:05pm On Nov 05, 2012
Please Acid, we need to talk urgently.

you can send ur phone no to my email add feelamong@gmail.com.

I think i have stumbled into sometin big and I need your imput even if it means paying your fee!
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by afolabisegun(m): 2:13pm On Nov 05, 2012
who else need online importation business guide? should check this www.importationbiz..com
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by acidtalk: 6:06pm On Nov 05, 2012
Will throw a mail across.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Court Awards $10 Million Damages Against Shoprite For Contract Breach / Dollar Scarcity Stops Capital Repatriation By Investors / Clampdown: Currency Traders Petition IGP, To Write Senate, CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.