Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,458 members, 7,819,669 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? (19252 Views)

'Pls do not Leave" - PDP BOT Chairman Begs Members / Arase At The Scene Of The Fulani Hersdmen Attack In Enugu (pics) / The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by FXKing2012(m): 11:31am On Jul 16, 2012
hrhobi1: IF YOU ATTACK MY PEOPLE IN MY COMMUNITY , WE HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO SEND YOU OUT, IF IGBO MAN DETONATE BOMB FOR LAGOS, IGBOS IN LAGOS SELF GO SUFFER, SAME GOES WITH FULANIS,IF YOU ARE PEACEFUL , THEN WE WILL BE AT PEACE.

And if Yorubas detonate a bomb in Enugu, Imo, Anambra, Ebonyi, Abia or even Delta, well send them packing.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by starpon1: 11:31am On Jul 16, 2012
ogochukwunasa1:

cheesy igbos una dey hear wetin dis baga dey talk
No mind the fool joor!! If the yorubas try dat 1 4 lag na dem go run.

1 Like

Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by nagoma(m): 11:32am On Jul 16, 2012
[b][/b]
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by hotwax: 11:32am On Jul 16, 2012
Yes there are indigenous hausas in yorubaland . The Fulani - hausas in Kogi , Kwara , yewa area of Ogun state and Ibadan , Oyo have been there for hundred of years . You should read history more often . The Southwest doesn't only belong to Yorubas , The hausas are also part of the southwest.

Let me just ask you question.

For the fact that Yorubas are many in Kaduna and Kano, does it mean, Yorubas own Kaduna and Kano ?

You hausas should have claimed Ile-Ife. Una go hear am.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 11:33am On Jul 16, 2012
Dr been
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Dainfamous: 11:33am On Jul 16, 2012
I laugh when people shout and put blames on each other beacuse of "Hausa/Fulani" OK remove Hausa from the equation, Fulani have a history a very bad one do you no that Fulani sold a lot of people doing slavery?they are war mongers they brought Islam to west Africa and forcefully impose Islam on west Africans that is why Hausa people fear them a lot they brought Islam to northern Nigeria and dominate Hausa people and change their religion and culture, this is their nature.

1 Like

Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by digospel2: 11:34am On Jul 16, 2012
The Fulanis are nomad i.e. without permanent abode. The names of the villages mentioned are in berom dialect. The instruction is simply they should continue their nomadic journey and the beroms take refuge amongst their neighbours until the operation is over.

1 Like

Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by hotwax: 11:35am On Jul 16, 2012
And if Yorubas detonate a bomb in Enugu, Imo, Anambra, Ebonyi, Abia or even Delta, well send them packing.
Yes from a yoruba man
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Ayowumie(m): 11:37am On Jul 16, 2012
The military said it had intelligence that the armed mercenaries are hiding behind the mountains in the affected villages so JTF asked the people to TEMPORARILY VACATE the affected villages.
Now the logic is this, the armed bandits would definitely evacuate the villages with villagers but then, it would not be possible for them to evacuate with large arms and ammunition without which their capacity's to unleash violent mayhem is curtailed.
The military may not arrest anyone but they are likely to seize their sophisticated arms.
The affected villages are PREDOMINANTLY FULANIS but NOT ABSOLUTELY FULANIS. There is a difference. Infact one of the affected communities is ALSO PREDOMINANTLY BEROMS.
I STAND TO BE CORRECTED!!!
nagoma:

Why don't you emigrate if you are that ignorant biased and hateful. Fulanis are as Nigerian as any of you and there is nothing you can do.

For God's sake, let's be objective even for once. Nobody is forcing the Fulanis out of their homes. They are asked to evacuate temporarily and alternative arrangements have been made pending the end of the military of operations. The JTF needs to flush the armed bandits that have been living in the midst of the Fulanis. It's like the case of Talibans. The people are tired of them but they cant complain because they have held the people in perpetual slave to fear. So also have the armed bandits held the ordinary Fulani herdsmen in fear. So there is need to separate the chaff from the grain.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 11:37am On Jul 16, 2012
Dr been
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Mrchippychappy(m): 11:38am On Jul 16, 2012
hotwax:

Let me just ask you question.

For the fact that Yorubas are many in Kaduna and Kano, does it mean, Yorubas own Kaduna and Kano ?

You hausas should have claimed Ile-Ife. Una go hear am.

[size=15pt]You should read your history books more often . Hausas are indigenes in the southwest . They have been there even before colonial times. They have built a good relationship with yorubas and have been in Yorubaland for hundred of years. Do some more research and find out yourself.[/size]
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by phreakabit(m): 11:39am On Jul 16, 2012
Ibrahim mr fish: I thought 80% high way robbery is being [size=18pt]carry[/size] out by igbos,now u [size=18pt]bias donky[/size] [size=18pt]is[/size] trying 2 put d blaim on fulani.

BTW your are demented. Learn to write/speak proper English. Aboki highway bandit.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by folufx: 11:40am On Jul 16, 2012
We are in a democratic setting.If somebody stay somewhere is illegal and the person refuses to leave.Must u use force?Is there no legal way of addressing the issue.GEJ Should stop playing into the hands of his enemies who paradoxically are very close to his government.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by sholatech(m): 11:41am On Jul 16, 2012
Why don't we read??the order never said FULANIS SHOULD EVACUATE. It says All residents and I know these places well. there are more of Beroms here than Fulanis, and so many Yorubas and Igbos doing mining and agric businesses here. Why this wrong propaganda just to whip up sentiments??and they all will return back after the military operation!!!
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Mrchippychappy(m): 11:41am On Jul 16, 2012
patriot2:
Actually you are wrong, you can't take control out of the hands of the majority unless you are willing to be the victim of a bloody revolution.
Unfortunately he is right . Hausas conquered Kwara which was then predominantly Yorubaland and now the hausas control Kwara , its been that way for some centuries now . The Hausas in Kwara are more militarized than the Yorubas and if there is going to be a "bloody revolution" the weaker side would suffer more damages and i am sure you know the weaker side in the equation .
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by nagoma(m): 11:42am On Jul 16, 2012
Ijogz K: If its gonna bring in a lasting peace, i wouldn't mind a total wiping of the whole Fulani's they have been able to prove over and over again that they ain't different from the cows they rear.. undecided

Is that why you roast and eat them ?
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 16, 2012
Therein lies the problem of using force. Innocents always suffer. Many fools have been quick to call FG weak against BH because they've refused until now to use excessive force.

Now that they want to use force, some are shouting. Make up your minds.

In any case, they should go ahead with the military operation now that they've announced it. Worse if they back down now. Those who will remain are obviously BH crackheads. Innocents should flee.

2 Likes

Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by kaeto(m): 11:43am On Jul 16, 2012
T-smooth:
^^^ So everybody dat say d truth is a Northerner? FULANI MUST STAY IN NORTH, SOUTH, EAST AND NIGERIA AS WHOLE BECAUSE THEY ARE NIGERIANS.
yep, sure, nigerians they are and will remain, but about co-habitation,that they score nill. Apart from scientific methods to yield formidable results, one other means statistical compilation of collected data. Putting 1 and 2 together we can selflessly agree to the fact that the fulanis' case of incessant murderous activities cries for urgent attention. Some drastic but unbiased measure must be quickly taken to bring to a halt this growing fulani menace. Let our judgements not be lope-sided, since bauchi state is not far from plateau, a graze field should be set up there with vast irrigation and damn facilities as the displacement should be considered a wise proposal and not by brute force.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by hotwax: 11:44am On Jul 16, 2012
Who says there are innocent "Fulanis" ? Who is asking if all fulanis are terrorists, I will answer you with a big "YES"

When sons of the house carry guns and cutlass to go and fight and the elders of the house watch. What does that mean? It means elders of the house support the course.

When husband carries cutlass in the midnite to go and butcher infidels, and wife and son sat by and watch without talking sense into the head of the husband/father. what does that mean?

When Brothers carry cutlass to go and kill xtians while other brothers stood by and watch, what does that mean ?

In Yoruba land, If a man is misbehaving the elders of clan will call his father parent and tell them to put sanity into the insane head.
Sometimes they even tell the whole troublesome family to leave the area for them.

This issue of Boko-haram/Fulanis is no issue. They are being supported by their people, they are from their families, they know the sons of whom they are.

Dont come and tell us Fulanis attack innocent people without the concent/knowledge of their people.

1 Like

Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by baslone: 11:48am On Jul 16, 2012
The Fulani people are ascetic, kind and generous BUT Never fight a war (hot
or cold) with the Fulani. Because they have :

1. No rules of engagement(they just hit again and again)

2. No POW's (they don't take prisoners)

3. No mercy (once they pick you out as the enemy)

4. No fighting fatigue (they are forever fit and prepared, due to their lifestyle)

5. No need for adequate provisions &permanent abode (they live on very little and sleep in the wilderness)

6. No end to hostilities (they fight to finish)

7. No ignorance of terrain and location ( their lifestyle makes everyone of them a human GPS )

8. No deterrence due to casualties (they are strategically distributed all over West and Central Africa, and highly mobile)

9. No need for tranquility (they have no permanent settlements which need peace to thrive)

10. No fear of consequences !

1 Like

Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Dainfamous: 11:48am On Jul 16, 2012
waja: . They are now animals? During the war, U people accommodated them, now U want them to leave. Where is Gowon? He negleted Aburi accord which led to civil war now he has negleted Barkin Ladi / Berom accord that has led to uncivilsed war.
grin grin
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by nagoma(m): 11:48am On Jul 16, 2012
folufx: We are in a democratic setting.If somebody stay somewhere is illegal and the person refuses to leave.Must u use force?Is there no legal way of addressing the issue.GEJ Should stop playing into the hands of his enemies who paradoxically are very close to his government.

It's obvious that this blunder prone clueless president GEJ cannot rule even an LGA successfully. Now he is escalating his clumsiness by declaring war on a segment of the population. He should be ready for genocide summons and arrest by the international courts.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by tantan: 11:49am On Jul 16, 2012
This is JUNGLE JUSTICE!! If that is the case, what of the Beroms that reside on the road-side killing every muslim that comes there way and in Gonin-Gora, Kaduna. They should all leave the road side too. Recently, a friend of mine that does not even reside in Kaduna was killed on his way to Abuja from that same Gonin Gora.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by BLACKPANTHER(m): 11:49am On Jul 16, 2012
REMEMBER THE PAST, REMEMBER YOUR ERRORS, REMEMBER THE GOOD NIGERIA WE HAD- EXCEPT FOR THE SICK ONES YOU ALL EAT NAMA, WE INTERDEPEND ON OUR REGIONAL EFFORTS, WE ARE ALL BLINDED BY EVIL. IF THEY LIVE, WHAT ABOUT YOUR PEOPLE MAKING A LIVING IN YOLA, DEMSA, MUBI(BIG TIME COMMERCE WITH HIGH NETWORTH IGBO TYCOONS THERE-I SERVED THERE LONG AGO WITH SOUTHERNERS AND THEY NEVER BELIEVED SUCH AN AREA TO BE RICH IN MOST) YOUR CHILDREN SCHOOLING IN DIFFERENT PARTS OF THE NORTH. AM FROM PLATEAU SOUTH(SHENDAM)- WE HAVE FAILED OURSELVES(CHOOSING WRONG LEADERS(BY DIFFERENT MEANS) 1.- 2. MOST OF US WILL NOT WANT TO ACCEPT THIS FACT 3. WE MUST USE ONE WITH HISTORIC UNDERSTANDING AND POSITIVE PROJECTION FOR THIS GREAT NATION- AM NOT CAMPAIGNING FOR BUHARI BUT REALLY THINK HE IS THE LAST FRUIT FOR THE NATION.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by hotwax: 11:51am On Jul 16, 2012
You should read your history books more often . Hausas are indigenes in the southwest . They have been there even before colonial times. They have built a good relationship with yorubas and have been in Yorubaland for hundred of years. Do some more research and find out yourself.

YES you are right they have been with the Yorubas, just like Igbo people too. Infact in the history you told me to read (which I have read b4). Igbo people were there in Ile-Ife during the time of Moremi. Igbo warriors enslaves Ile-Ife people for decades before Moremi (the heroine) fought for Ile-Ife freedom. And this history was before colonial era too.

The fact that another ethnic group is present in another geopolicitcal zone (due to trade, religion fellowship e.t.c.)doesnt mean it owns it.
Igbo people are many in Kaduna, Jos e.t.c. They do not own Kaduna.

FYI there thousands of Hausas in Agege, Lagos, it doesnt mean Agege belongs to them. There is ogbomoso area in Kaduna, it doesnt mean Kaduna belongs to Yorubas.

Does this mean Igbo people owns Yoruba Land ? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Onoru1(m): 11:52am On Jul 16, 2012
T-smooth:
^^^ So everybody dat say d truth is a Northerner? FULANI MUST STAY IN NORTH, SOUTH, EAST AND NIGERIA AS WHOLE BECAUSE THEY ARE NIGERIANS.
May ALLAH save and guide Nigerians
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 16, 2012
Dr been
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by nuattitude74(m): 11:55am On Jul 16, 2012
I did NYSC in the north and made friends with some really peaceful and nice Fulani folks. I am still friends with them. However,methinks the problem is the Nomadic cattle rearing fulani. I went to UCH in Ibadan some months ago to visit my Dr friend. He came out to meet me late because he was attending to a case where an Arrow was stuck in the arm of a Patient. He told me the guy was a farmer in a Village in Oyo who'd gotten involved in an altercation with Fulani herdsmen as a result of his crops being eaten by Cattle. Some other farmers were also brought to the hospital with various degrees of serious injuries. That made me think. The Fulani nomads are about the only "Nigerians" that I know ( and see )moving about with offensive weapons like Arrows and Daggers. The government has to do SOMETHING about ridding these folks of weapons. Mass murders can be committed by these Nomadic Fulanis who are given protection by their educated non-nomadic kinsmen living in Jos. Now, whether these massacres are / were reprisals for earlier attacks by the Beroms is neither here nor there. All I know is that SOMETHING has to be done to flush out the Bad Eggs from among the peaceful Fulani in Jos. Efforts should also be made to disarm the Berom who hold weapons. Achieving peace in Jos is a knotty issue that demands the Carrot and stick from the authorities hence my support for this action. It is not an end in itself but a means to an end, a work in progress.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by megxo(m): 11:56am On Jul 16, 2012
ekt_bear: They are not indigenous to Plateau. Their best bet is to return to wherever they come from. If they refuse the order to leave, then.....
ABI........ DIS SHEPHARDS SHUD GO 2 ADAMAWA JOR
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by JimmyBoy1: 11:57am On Jul 16, 2012
What is the position of th law on this, can a general now evict a landlord or a bonafide tenant( who has paid his rent) from his place of residence, without compensation and alternative place of residence?
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by hotwax: 11:57am On Jul 16, 2012
The Fulani people are ascetic, kind and generous BUT Never fight a war (hot
or cold) with the Fulani. Because they have :

1. No rules of engagement(they just hit again and again)

2. No POW's (they don't take prisoners)

3. No mercy (once they pick you out as the enemy)

4. No fighting fatigue (they are forever fit and prepared, due to their lifestyle)

5. No need for adequate provisions &permanent abode (they live on very little and sleep in the wilderness)

6. No end to hostilities (they fight to finish)

7. No ignorance of terrain and location ( their lifestyle makes everyone of them a human GPS )

8. No deterrence due to casualties (they are strategically distributed all over West and Central Africa, and highly mobile)

9. No need for tranquility (they have no permanent settlements which need peace to thrive)

10. No fear of consequences !
I remeber in Ede, Osun state when some fulani guys murdered a man and his wife in their farm. They heard the news that the indegenes are coming to retaliate, they troop away in masses in the midnite. Their villages were empty overnite. We were all surprised.

Let me tell you one fact that made sense about fulanis, "they dont recognizes law". It is not that other tribes are weak, its because they are educated and repect the rule of law. When something happenen they call the police. Fulanis dont understand what Police or law is.

This one point answered all your 10 items above
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by manbuchai: 11:57am On Jul 16, 2012
nagoma:

Why don't you emigrate if you are that ignorant biased and hateful. Fulanis are as Nigerian as any of you and there is nothing you can do.
The fulanis are vicious and heartless,they are immigrants,other ethnic groups do not wish to co-habit with them because of their troublesome way of life.They should be sent back to chad or somalia,that is their ancestral home.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Appeal Court Dismisses Nnamdi Kanu's Appeal / President Buhari Presents 2018 Budget (Live Pictures, Updates) / 2020 Budget Is A Budget Of Bankruptcy ― Odilim Enwegbara, Economist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.