Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,811 members, 7,813,670 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:00 PM

The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? (19234 Views)

'Pls do not Leave" - PDP BOT Chairman Begs Members / Arase At The Scene Of The Fulani Hersdmen Attack In Enugu (pics) / The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by love124(m): 10:27am On Jul 16, 2012
T-smooth:
Nothing those soldiers go do. U think say na Igbo or Yoruba? na dem de fear like mumu. "My people are useless, my people are senseless, my people are indispline"
Demdem:

the law permits the perpetrators of those heinous crimes to be fished out and dealt with severally and not for a whole tribe to be banished
[quote author=T-smooth]Nothing those soldiers go do. U think say na Igbo or Yoruba? na dem de fear like mumu. "My people are useless, m

Bleep the fulanis, Bleep sudana or sokoto, Bleep the op, Bleep this one Nigeria thing, Bleep the constitution, Bleep Gowon, lord luggard and Nnamdi azikiwe
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by samkoro: 10:28am On Jul 16, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:
[size=14pt]So are we saying that the Fulanis in Plateau state should be forcefully evacuated ? BS!!! This is one Nigeria. If the plateau state government are allowed to do this then other state government would want to follow suite and this is wrong in a united country. If the STF in Plateau carries this out then Kogi , Kwara , Ogun and Oyo would also want to forcefully evacuate the Fulanis that have been in their state for YEARS. [/size]

This is different,its a security situation.Those particular fulanis have found a profession in massacre.Thus they have to be removed.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by arantess: 10:30am On Jul 16, 2012
10,000 soldiers for odi oo..#singing timaya#
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 16, 2012
ogazi007: This is another big mistake,if you have succeeded in killing the ones living in Plateau what about thousand of Fulanis that lives in the neighboring states that shares boundaries with Plateau state?they are going to re-group and lunch a severe mayhem on poor and innocent villagers and then it will be too late to call them for any meaningful dialog.[/b]The Governor of Plateau and the Berom people should be sincere enough to themselves and stop looking for an excuse to chase Fulanis from the state.Berom were the one that started the killings and stealing of Fulanis belonging including their cows that they cherished more than their children.[b]we have enough security challenges confronting us as a nation,there is Boko haram,Niger Delta militant,Masob,kidnappers,Arm robbers and we cant afford another terrorist group not unforgiving Fulanis for that matter.

makes a lot of sense at the bold txts!
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Parnassuss(m): 10:45am On Jul 16, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:
[size=14pt]So are we saying that the Fulanis in Plateau state should be forcefully evacuated ? BS!!! This is one Nigeria. If the plateau state government are allowed to do this then other state government would want to follow suite and this is wrong in a united country. If the STF in Plateau carries this out then Kogi , Kwara , Ogun and Oyo would also want to forcefully evacuate the Fulanis that have been in their state for YEARS. [/size]

I doubt if the govt will just remove the Fulani settler and drop them in limbo, what the govt is trying to do is what was suggested years and years ago, simply relocate the major fulani settlement to a region WITHIN PLATEAU state where they are other fulani settlements. Those attacks and fights keep occurring cos two hostile communities live neck to neck, separating them shouldn't be an issue.
Furthermore the Fulanis being nomads have NO sensible reason to renounce a move since they usually have no sentimental attachments to the land they stay on so unless they just want to cause more trouble, they shouldn't resist.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by naptu2: 10:46am On Jul 16, 2012
maigida231: The reason y we issue d fulani in bakin Ladi to vacated is to ensure we(stf) carry our operation with effective free minds dat there are not innocent cilivans in is area dat we r going conduct is operation,we r going in full force against is enemies d r still hidin among d fulani,bush n rocks we declared is a war zone and we wouldn't want a situation were innocent fulani to be caught in is battle before media will say we were order to kill fulani people as a revenge by gov jang and berom people,yes is not a easy task for us,fulani people or government but must put measures to acquired peace,GOD bless Nigeria army,GOD bless Nigeria

Precisely what I'm saying. It would have been better if the STF had reached out to community leaders and explained the situation to them. This terse evacuation order leaves room for speculation, rumours, etc.

By the way, God bless you for what you are doing for Nigeria and God bless the Nigerian Army
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 16, 2012
Demdem:

Exactly, where should they go to? cant the govt simply provide an alternative for them even if its for the time being undecided
You mean the dont have ancestral homes or what?
If they dont have a home, sokoto or kebbi state should absorb them.

1 Like

Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by nagoma(m): 10:49am On Jul 16, 2012
Austine.E:

....The problem in Nigerian is that this aggressors finds a way of using some media Houses both local and foriegn to carryout devilish propaganda...the article never mentioned the thousands of Beroms massacred,of course they are infidels and it doesnt matter when they are killed and their only sin is that they Harboured the Fulanis in their communities and now the Fulanis wish to occupy the land as theirs and tomorrow they will tell you the own the land!THIS WICKEDNESS MUST STOP!they shld go back to where ever the came from,be it sokoto,zamfara,maidugari,kastina,chad,niger,somalia,mali let them leave,no body wants a blood sucker around him!

Everything the writer said was true. You are wallowing in ignorance and hatred. Nomadic Fulani have never claimed any land anywhere , they don't believe in owning land at all.
Secondly the obvious bias against anything Fulani or north is glaring in the southern Nigeria press and you are here talking about the use of press. It is absolutely right for the Fulani and other hated groups to let the world know of the ethnic cleansing going on in plateau state. Fulanis are Nigerians , they didn't come from anywhere and can live in any part of Nigeria - that is the constitution and that is civilization. If you don't like it , you can emigrate.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by ballabriggs: 10:49am On Jul 16, 2012
At times you wonder why black people yell about "racism". The truth is most black people are more racist than those they accuse of racism. The posts on this forum further reinforces this view. Let no man scream discrimination again.

1 Like

Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by waja(m): 10:50am On Jul 16, 2012
naptu2: Although it is not unusual for the military and the police to issue evacuation orders when carrying out operations, I feel that this evacuation order was not well thought out. It gives room for speculation and raises some questions.

1) Move to where?

2) How are we going to move?

3) When are we coming back?

4) Can you guarantee that our houses and immovable property will be safe?

I'm not against the order, but I believe the military should have been more sensitive and explained things better.
. Have U seen a fulani man leave in Duplex before? They don't need an alternate HOME, but an alternate BUSH with their cows.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Demdem(m): 10:52am On Jul 16, 2012
Crown Prince:
You mean the dont have ancestral homes or what?
If they dont have a home, sokoto or kebbi state should absorb them.

WHats the meaning of this? What does the law of the land says?
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by nagoma(m): 10:55am On Jul 16, 2012
chuksonu: I hate this post because it is very biased and one sided.No body would have asked the Fulanis to leave if only the live peacefully with their hosts.But they are trouble makers.It is very hard to live peacefully with them because they are heartless.They should be chased back to wherever they come from.I am very much ashamed to have come from the same COUNTRY as the fulanis.We are two different people.

Why don't you emigrate if you are that ignorant biased and hateful. Fulanis are as Nigerian as any of you and there is nothing you can do.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by naptu2: 10:57am On Jul 16, 2012
This problem is the result of bad governance/poor leadership.

In the 1960s, Sir Ahmadu Bello built ranches and and grazing areas for his people. This policy was abandoned after his death. In the early 1980s, I watched NTA News reports of violence between fulani nomads and hausa villagers. With desertification the problem spread to the middle belt in the 1990s and finally to the south.

Why can't northern state governors educate and empower their people so that they create grazing areas with adequate irrigation so that the clashes would come to an end? The fulani nomads should be an economic resource, providing meat and milk to the nation, while the state governments gain revenue from taxation, while the federal government gets revenue from exports.

Why can't the state government provide ranches or encourage the nomads to pool resources and build ranches, provide agricultural extension officers, research into animal husbandry,milk and meat processing factories, etc.

The fulani nomads, just like oil, have become a curse rather than a blessing and it's all down to poor governance/leadership.

5 Likes

Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 16, 2012
what are the economic benefits the Berom people derives from the visiting fulanis?
Do they pay taxes,build school,hospitals,trades etc to boost the economic of Berom or they just cluster in a community,dirty the enviroment,use their cattle to destroys crops and vegetations of the Berom people,compete for available social amenties provided by government they are not responsive to and forment trouble here and there.
Please,let the truth be told,forget this we are Nigerians we can live anywhere,if i dont derive any thing from you other than trouble in my homeland,i will make you leave by every means possible.
Fulanis are deadly parasite to the Beroms
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by idirect(m): 10:58am On Jul 16, 2012
Desperate times desperate measure but not a foolish measure.
This is a great injustice to the fulanis.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by aAK1(m): 11:00am On Jul 16, 2012
I don't know if the peoples supporting Fulanis even leave in this country.if truth must be told 80% of high way robbery r carried. Out by fulanis.there cattle's r deliberately left to destroy peoples crops.etc.I even need someone to educate me on the history of this people because I don't really see them as Nigerian's
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Mrchippychappy(m): 11:00am On Jul 16, 2012
Demdem:

Exactly, where should they go to? cant the govt simply provide an alternative for them even if its for the time being undecided

[size=15pt]Exactly but adapting to the new "refugee" communities would be a problem for the fulanis. Hausa-Fulani would find it hard adapting to other regions but from what i understand in recent times they have built a strong accord and mutual respect for the Yorubas and if the STF decides to go ahead with this evacuation plan then the south west would be the most choice of relocation for the Hausas . There seems to be a cultural connection between Yorubas and Hausas and this would greatly help Nigeria as a nation . The South east and South south region has nothing in common with the Hausas so they would find it hard adapting to those regions.[/size]

1 Like

Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 11:01am On Jul 16, 2012
naptu2: This problem is the result of bad governance/poor leadership.

In the 1960s, Sir Ahmadu Bello built ranches and and grazing areas for his people. This policy was abandoned after his death. In the early 1980s, I watched NTA News reports of violence between fulani nomads and hausa villagers. With desertification the problem spread to the middle belt in the 1990s and finally to the south.

Why can't northern state governors educate and empower their people so that they create grazing areas with adequate irrigation so that the clashes would come to an end? The fulani nomads should be an economic resource, providing meat and milk to the nation, while the state governments gain revenue from taxation, while the federal government gets revenue from exports.

Why can't the state government provide ranches or encourage the nomads to pool resources and build ranches, provide agricultural extension officers, research into animal husbandry,milk and meat processing factories, etc.

The fulani nomads, just like oil, have become a curse rather than a blessing and it's all down to poor governance/leadership.

end of.

and their leaders should have (for want of a better word) uplifted the nomads from what is a primitive subsistence animal husbandry model.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Demdem(m): 11:02am On Jul 16, 2012
Crown Prince: what are the economic benefits the Berom people derives from the visiting fulanis?
Do they pay taxes,build school,hospitals,trades etc to boost the economic of Berom or they just cluster in a community,dirty the enviroment,use their cattle to destroys crops and vegetations of the Berom people,compete for available social amenties provided by government the are not responsive to and forment trouble here and there.
Please,let the truth be told,forget this we are Nigerians we can live anywhere,if i dont derive any thing from you other than trouble in my homeland,i will make you leave by every means possible.
Fulanis are deadly parasite to the Beroms

Until the Retardeen listen to us to converge a national conference with the sole aim of dividing this country am sorry the bolded above isnt applicable. These "parasitic" fulanis are free to roam anywhere they deem fit, even Aso-Rock sef grin
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Cyberconnect12: 11:05am On Jul 16, 2012
Onlytruth: Why do I have a strong urge for a chuckle? lol
Poetic justice. cool
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by waja(m): 11:11am On Jul 16, 2012
manbuchai: To forcefully evacuate the fulanis is the right thing to do.How can they commit such atrocity to their host community.This fulanis are animals,they should not be allowed to live amongst decent people.Why didnt the sultan cry out when Birom women and children were killed in the night.They should be sent to where ever the Nigerian government desires.They are wicked.Most southerners regret sharing a country with this primitive people,we must do every thing humanly possible to saperate from them.
. They are now animals? During the war, U people accommodated them, now U want them to leave. Where is Gowon? He negleted Aburi accord which led to civil war now he has negleted Barkin Ladi / Berom accord that has led to uncivilsed war.

1 Like

Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by tinnymerit(m): 11:12am On Jul 16, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:

[size=15pt]So are you saying the Fulani indigenes of the southwest are troublesome ?[/size]
are u saying 'indigenous' fulani?,where did u see that?,well if u meant to write residing fulani in the southwest.How abt the yoruba massacre in shagamu,Lagos,Ibadan and some oda areas.ud beta wise up.Its beta to destroy the branches of an iroko tree because if it thrives it will be demanding for sacrifices.

1 Like

Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by nagoma(m): 11:14am On Jul 16, 2012
Demdem:

Until the Retardeen listen to us to converge a national conference with the sole aim of dividing this country am sorry the bolded above isnt applicable. These "parasitic" fulanis are free to roam anywhere they deem fit, even Aso-Rock sef grin

1800 cows are slaughtered daily in lagos alone. Thanks to the fulanis for rearing them under hard conditions and with no support or enabling environment encouraged by government. I agree that Jona Retardeen should just preside over the division of this country. It is the height of irresponsibility to say that Fulani are parasites in Nigeria. They have the least contact with government and more productive with their hardworking and endurance than any tribe in Nigeria .the evacuation order is a declaration of war on a segment of Nigerias population.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Mrchippychappy(m): 11:14am On Jul 16, 2012
tinnymerit:
are u saying 'indigenous' fulani?,where did u see that?,well if u meant to write residing fulani in the southwest.How abt the yoruba massacre in shagamu,Lagos,Ibadan and some oda areas.ud beta wise up.Its beta to destroy the branches of an iroko tree because if it thrives it will be demanding for sacrifices.

[size=15pt]Yes there are indigenous hausas in yorubaland . The Fulani - hausas in Kogi , Kwara , yewa area of Ogun state and Ibadan , Oyo have been there for hundred of years . You should read history more often . The Southwest doesn't only belong to Yorubas , The hausas are also part of the southwest.[/size]
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by tinnymerit(m): 11:15am On Jul 16, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:
who cares?,so until they bomb u n ur family thats when u will take action abi?,ow many yoruba or igbo tribes did u see formenting trouble in their residing area safe their states?.Do u tink they respect u more than their cows?.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Dainfamous: 11:19am On Jul 16, 2012
After the attacks some days ago on innocent civilians in plateau led to the death of over 200 civilians including a serving senator, and a member of the Plateau State House of Assembly, many had expected the Northern based Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) to speak up in defense of the victims, but the party's leader, former coupist, Muhammadu Buhari, remained silent on the issue.

However, CPC's chief strategist, controversial former minister of the FCT, Malam Nasir el-Rufai, who has become notorious for blaming Christians for Boko Haram attacks, has descended heavily on soldiers of the Special Task Force on the Plateau crisis who have issued orders to residents of some towns heavily populated by Fulanis to temporarily vacate their villages to avoid unnecessary civilian deaths as the soldiers carry out internal operations against Fulani Herdsmen and the alleged foreign mercenaries who carried out the recent attacks that killed hundreds of people in Barkin Ladi Local Government and its environs on Plateau State. The attackers are alleged to be hiding in the hills surrounding the Fulani villages.

Boko Haram has claimed responsibility for those attacks saying that "Christians in Nigeria should accept Islam, that is true religion, or they will never have peace".

Elrufai posted an inciteful post on his twitter and facebook profiles, calling on the Fulani not to cooperate with the soldiers and remain put. - Naija Pundit.
The indicted former BPE Boss and Boko Haram sympathiser, Malam El-Rufai wrote further on his twitter that "we will write this for all to read, any soldier that kills a fulani, takes a loan repayable on one day no matter how long".
The problem with Nasir El-Rufai is that he has forgotten that people see him as a Nigerian leader. Since he was frustrated out of the PDP circle of Mafia by late President Umar Musa Yar'adua, he has become an ethnic leader and shameless display this on facebook. The CPC should call him to order as he is giving the party a bad image. He is taking this facebook and twitter thing too serious almost like a tenager.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Dainfamous: 11:20am On Jul 16, 2012
ekt_bear: There is no such thing as "Nigerians."
GBAM..
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by ballabriggs: 11:21am On Jul 16, 2012
a.A.K:
I don't know if the peoples supporting Fulanis even leave in this country.if truth must be told 80% of high way robbery r carried. Out by fulanis.there cattle's r deliberately left to destroy peoples crops.etc.I even need someone to educate me on the history of this people because I don't really see them as Nigerian's

What a fool. Can you prove that even 20% of highway robberies are committed by these people. I pity people like you because you're sick. You are a bigot!
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 16, 2012
Demdem:

My dear,the southern Nigerians has strongly advocated for disintegration(soverign National conference),but the Northern elements are fraustrating it because of OIL and its derivable benefits.
Tell me,80 per cents of oil blocks are owned by Northerners yet the dont have oil.
70per cents going vessels in Nigeria are owned by Northern yet they dont have water.
80 per cent of the sea port are controlled by Northern yet the dont have water.
60per cent of the economic are controlled by Northerners with their businesses in the southern Nigeria.
If you are a Northerner,will you advocate for a divided Nigeria?
As for retardeen you mentioned,these people are too powerful and can overthrow him any day he misbehaves with their economic power.
They gave OBJ saharia and now they introduced BOKO HAREM to jonathan. That is the ''headache'' they normally give any southern leader to worry about.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by FXKing2012(m): 11:24am On Jul 16, 2012
The fulanis are a big problem cos they can co-habit peacefully with their hosts, they shld be made to move back to core north.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 11:30am On Jul 16, 2012
I thought 80% high way robbery is being carry out by igbos,now u bias donky is trying 2 put d blaim on fulani.

1 Like

Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 11:30am On Jul 16, 2012
No infact he is an islamist that is dedicated to the hausa/fulani cause of islamising nigeria, and subjugating other nigerian tribes politically, I can jst imagine that d fulani people are trying to make pple feel they are been austracised, these are d same pple who are killing pple every where witout any1 questionin them, these are the same pple who hold sway in public offices and administrative bureaucracies, these are the same pple who are d proponents of political violence and intimidation to achieve political objectives. That is y I say if u do not know the capabilities of an hausa/fulani man, pls donot engage in intellectual blunder, so also if u do not knw the situation in plateau state, it will be wise to keep mum, because if indigenes of an area will cry out, then u should knw that the hausa fulani intruders are on to execution of some grand master plan!
Ogbonaikenna: you are a northerner

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Soldiers Ambush Boko Haram Terrorists In Borno; Kill Two (Photos) / Opinion: Was Jonathan The Most Attacked Nigerian President When He Was In Power? / Don’t Involve Us In Your Grievances – Police, DSS Warn Nigerian Politicians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.