Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,239 members, 7,815,325 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! (6824 Views)

'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia / Happy Eid ul Adha To All Muslims In The World. / American Pastor Joins Muslims In Ramadan Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by justaqad(m): 6:58pm On Jul 21, 2012
Mr_Anony:
I thought we were talking about justification of those who believed before Christ came

God's Word is in our hearts, the bible is our reference. It is the Spirit that makes all the difference and not the letter.

this was how those before jesus were saved.
And Ezra blessed the LORD, the great God. And all the people answered, Amen, Amen, with lifting up their hands: and they bowed their heads, and worshipped the LORD with
[their] faces to the ground. - Old Testament (Tanakh) (Nehemiah 8:6) "And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the LORD am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my Lord unto his servant?" - Old Testament (Tanakh) (Joshua 5:14)
they worshipped one true unique God
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by LagosShia: 7:08pm On Jul 21, 2012
Ihedinobi:

LagosShia,

John 1:1 - In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God
v. 14 - And the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us

in Islam too,we believe Jesus (as) and Adam (as) are the "word of God".God said "BE" and they became.by the power of God's word He created Jesus (as) with a single instruction "BE"!

again,now where in there did i read "Jesus is god".

John 10:30 - I and my Father are one
v. 33 - The Jews answered him...for a good work we stone thee not...because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

I and my father too are one.and so? does that make me my father?

John 5:30
By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me

Hebrews 1:8 - But unto the Son he (God) saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever...
v. 10 - And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth...

playing with pronouns and inserting names.

Revelation 19:11 - And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge (this describes the Jesus of the Bible) and make war....(v. 13) and his name is called the Word of God.

so "his name if called the word of God"? is he God or His word?

I'm not gonna go on, buddy. Suffice to say that the Bible does more than enough to say that Jesus Christ was God in human flesh.

you be mumu!

LagosShia, before you start in on the contradiction of the Bible because I've shown you places in it that fully agree that Jesus Christ is God and appear to contradict the other passages you threw up, look at my response to justaqad.

there is no where in the bible that declared Jesus (as) a "god".i am not even going to shout contradiction because so many places makes him a man and creature of God.
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 21, 2012
Way to go, Mr Anony.

Lol, justaqad, where does it say they were saved by bowing to the ground? Hehehehe. Dude, you hilarious, no be small. If they were saved by bowing to the ground, much of Ezekiel's book wouldn't have been written at all, man.
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jul 21, 2012
LagosShia:

in Islam too,we believe Jesus (as) and Adam (as) are the "word of God".God said "BE" and they became.by the power of God's word He created Jesus (as) with a single instruction "BE"!

again,now where in there did i read "Jesus is god".

I and my father too are one.and so? does that make me my father?

John 5:30
By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me

playing with pronouns and inserting names.

so "his name if called the word of God"? is he God or His word?

you be mumu!

there is no where in the bible that declared Jesus (as) a "god".i am not even going to shout contradiction because so many places makes him a man and creature of God.

Interesting twists and deliberate wrangling and refusal to acknowledge parts of the Scriptures quoted...hmmm...and resort to abuse...dude!

Whatever the Qur'an might have said, man, Adam is not anywhere acknowledged as the word of God. Besides, there, smack in your face, in John 1:1, it said that the Word (Jesus Christ) was God. Period. I am not arguing based on your Qur'an. I actually do not care what it says. If you're going to disprove Jesus's divinity, you'll succeed with me only with the Bible which I can assure you is impossible. If you can prove that the Bible is unreasonable also, you have a chance (but you've got no chance of doing so hehe).

Jesus is God, dude, however much you hate it. He is God along with His Father and the Holy Spirit, a perfect unity, a perfect trinity!!! Yeah!
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by vedaxcool(m): 7:28pm On Jul 21, 2012
Do u know greek? Coz joh 1:1 never implied such
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by LagosShia: 7:33pm On Jul 21, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Interesting twists and deliberate wrangling and refusal to acknowledge parts of the Scriptures quoted...hmmm...and resort to abuse...dude!

Whatever the Qur'an might have said, man, Adam is not anywhere acknowledged as the word of God. Besides, there, smack in your face, in John 1:1, it said that the Word (Jesus Christ) was God. Period. I am not arguing based on your Qur'an. I actually do not care what it says. If you're going to disprove Jesus's divinity, you'll succeed with me only with the Bible which I can assure you is impossible. If you can prove that the Bible is unreasonable also, you have a chance (but you've got no chance of doing so hehe).

Jesus is God, dude, however much you hate it. He is God along with His Father and the Holy Spirit, a perfect unity, a perfect trinity!!! Yeah!

did i quote the Quran anywhere? no! i have presented verses from the bible stating clearly without the need of the mis-interpretation you are indulging in,to prove that Jesus (as) is a man sent by God and that no one can see God.end of story.

you want me to believe Jesus (as) is the word of God.i told you yes,and that even in the Quran Jesus (as) can be accepted as such because it is through God's word that Jesus (as) came into existence and was created.in other words,God said "BE" and through His power/omnipotence,Jesus (as) was made.

Jesus (as) figuratively is the "word of God" because he was made by God's command "be".but is the word of God,Jesus? no!

you believe Jesus (as) is the "only begotten son of God" and the "word become flesh".do you believe God can "beget" another son if he wishes so and many more like Jesus (as)? why or why not?
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by justaqad(m): 7:37pm On Jul 21, 2012
Ihedinobi: Way to go, Mr Anony.

Lol, justaqad, where does it say they were saved by bowing to the ground? Hehehehe. Dude, you hilarious, no be small. If they were saved by bowing to the ground, much of Ezekiel's book wouldn't have been written at all, man.

they were not bowing to the ground they were worshipping God.seems u are having difficult comprehending english.
They were saved because they worshipped the one true God.
Hehehehehehehehe.
Jesus is a mere mortal,ur bible says so.so much for word of God
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by cyrexx: 8:10pm On Jul 21, 2012
*Gbagaun gbagaun, round four

action don begin, the two sides are now fully engaged in battle of tearing down their opponents belief system.

reporting live from Nairaland Wrestling Federation (NWF) *
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jul 21, 2012
I am quitting this war of words with you two. Neither of you has proved anything of the sort you claim from the Bible. I did not misinterpret anything, LagosShia, I quoted Scripture exactly without any interpretation. You saw fit to ignore parts of it and put meanings on the others. Good luck with that.

justaqad, you really are the one causing the laughs but I have lost interest in your continued skipping. Worshipping? How do you define that? Bowing to the ground, no? Or do you have another definition? If you are using the Bible at all to establish your claims, then the Bible itself says you're wrong.

Unless I see a sensible, non-insulting response, I won't be speaking again. I have not attacked your religion. I make my position on the Bible. If you claim expertise on it, then make sense when you speak of it.
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by LagosShia: 9:36pm On Jul 21, 2012
Ihedinobi: I am quitting this war of words with you two. Neither of you has proved anything of the sort you claim from the Bible. I did not misinterpret anything, LagosShia, I quoted Scripture exactly without any interpretation. You saw fit to ignore parts of it and put meanings on the others. Good luck with that.

justaqad, you really are the one causing the laughs but I have lost interest in your continued skipping. Worshipping? How do you define that? Bowing to the ground, no? Or do you have another definition? If you are using the Bible at all to establish your claims, then the Bible itself says you're wrong.

Unless I see a sensible, non-insulting response, I won't be speaking again. I have not attacked your religion. I make my position on the Bible. If you claim expertise on it, then make sense when you speak of it.

this is from the bible (one of the many verses):

Acts 2:22
"Men of Israel, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know.

please show me from the bible where it says:

"this is Jesus "a god" or "god" among you..."

i want you to provide me with a verse that says Jesus is "god".let the word "god" appear there like the word "man" in the verse i just quoted again.
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by tintingz(m): 10:51pm On Jul 21, 2012
Infact i'am feeling my muslim brothers in this thread welldon cheesy ...i want to start with the 419 apostle paul who mislead many xtians a drunker sorry to say...my question is why is paul preaching different gospel and opposing Jesus[as] disciples for preaching the wrong gospel?
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by justaqad(m): 11:11pm On Jul 21, 2012
Ihedinobi: I am quitting this war of words with you two. Neither of you has proved anything of the sort you claim from the Bible. I did not misinterpret anything, LagosShia, I quoted Scripture exactly without any interpretation. You saw fit to ignore parts of it and put meanings on the others. Good luck with that.

how did jesus and generations before him worship God?
Honest and unbiased answer will be appreciated.
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by proo212(m): 11:22pm On Jul 21, 2012
Mr Lagosshia, you've started your deception again. You pick verses that agree with your warped but clearly ignore the verses that do not support your warped views....If Jesus is not God, did He exist before He was born of the virgin? Did Mohammed exist before he was born and started receiving revelations

Tintingz, justaqad, you can also chip in if you like...
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by MrAnony1(m): 11:33pm On Jul 21, 2012
justaqad:

how did jesus and generations before him worship God?
Honest and unbiased answer will be appreciated.
Read Hebrews 11, and tell us what you understood by it.
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by justaqad(m): 11:33pm On Jul 21, 2012
proo212: Mr Lagosshia, you've started your deception again. You pick verses that agree with your warped but clearly ignore the verses that do not support your warped views....If Jesus is not God, did He exist before He was born of the virgin? Did Mohammed exist before he was born and started receiving revelations

Tintingz, justaqad, you can also chip in if you like...

he picks verse that clearly disagree with the divinity of jesus.
Bible denies the divinity of jesus.
. This
commandment was emphasized by Jesus, on whom be peace, when a teacher of
the Law of Moses asked him: “‘Of all the commandments, which is the most important?’ ‘The most important one,’ answered Jesus, ‘is this: Hear, O Israel, the
Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and
with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’” (Mark 12:28-30). Notice that Jesus was quoting the first commandment from the book of Deuteronomy 6:4-5. Jesus confirmed not only that this commandment is still
valid, but also that it is the most important of all the commandments. If Jesus
thought that he himself is God, why did not he say so? Instead, he stressed that
God is one. The man who questioned Jesus understood this, and what the man
says next makes it clear that God is not Jesus, for he said to Jesus: “‘Well said, teacher,’ the man replied. ‘You are right in saying that God is one and there is no
other but him.’” (Mark 12:32)
is this also hand picked?
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by MrAnony1(m): 11:37pm On Jul 21, 2012
LagosShia:

this is from the bible (one of the many verses):

Acts 2:22
"Men of Israel, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know.

please show me from the bible where it says:

"this is Jesus "a god" or "god" among you..."

i want you to provide me with a verse that says Jesus is "god".let the word "god" appear there like the word "man" in the verse i just quoted again.

Even if I did, you will refuse to believe so what's the point. If the verses Ihedinobi showed you are not enough for you, then that's just sad for you.
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by justaqad(m): 11:47pm On Jul 21, 2012
Mr_Anony:

Even if I did, you will refuse to believe so what's the point. If the verses Ihedinobi showed you are not enough for you, then that's just sad for you.

hehehehehehehehe
bible is a funny piece of literature.he debunked and will still debunk ur theory of jesus divinity with the same bible you still want to prove otherwise.bible.hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe.
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by proo212(m): 11:56pm On Jul 21, 2012
Justaqad, excellent stuff. You fell for it...God is good because I wanted to quote Mark 12 but I didn't want to be accused of diversionary tactics. If you only read Mark 12 all the way to verse 39 you will see your fallacy falls on its head. Even from verse 1 the parable was clearly talking about Christs' divinity but you perhaps will not want to accept a parable. In case you do not want to read and accept it I will quote it for you

Mark 12:28-37 NKJV

[b]Then one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, perceiving that He had answered them well, asked Him, “Which is the first commandment of all?” Jesus answered him, “The first of all the commandments is: ‘Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ This is the first commandment. And the second, like it, is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.” So the scribe said to Him, “Well said, Teacher. You have spoken the truth, for there is one God, and there is no other but He. And to love Him with all the heart, with all the understanding, with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love one’s neighbor as oneself, is more than all the whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.” Now when Jesus saw that he answered wisely, He said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.” But after that no one dared question Him. Then Jesus answered and said, while He taught in the temple, “How is it that the scribes say that the Christ is the Son of David? For David himself said by the Holy Spirit: ‘The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at My right hand, Till I make Your enemies Your footstool.”’ Therefore David himself calls Him ‘Lord’; how is He then his Son?” And the common people heard Him gladly.[/b]

Mr Justaqad, who did David call Lord?

This is Psalm 110 by the way. Father, Son and Holy Spirit in one place. trinity in Old Testament.

You have not answered if Jesus Christ existed before He came to earth through the virgin Mary?
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by proo212(m): 11:56pm On Jul 21, 2012
Double Post
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by proo212(m): 11:57pm On Jul 21, 2012
Double Post

1 Like

Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by tiarabubu: 2:55pm On Jul 22, 2012
@ Lagos Shia

christian groups that evangelize or in other words go hunting or fishing for souls,are not the most charitable people in the world.you do not need to help people and then try to shove the bible down their throats.in fact all the money you spend trying to fish or hunt souls especially ones that are uneducated or ignorant of religious matters,can be spent helping poor people.

these institutions you are talking about are just means or rather traps to lure the unsuspecting.the christian evangelist who proselytise has more tricks than a 419 criminal.

Did you pretend not to know that the biggest spenders on charity are non muslim countries ? Even with the zakat system?

Lets come to Nigeria ; are you pretending not to know that mission schools, clinics and hospitals are vital contributes to the well being of millions of Nigerians? Kindly give examples of forced conversions in those schools, hospitals or Clinics. Millions of Muslim babies are born to mission hospitals nation wide from kano to Lagos to calabar and sokoto- where are the Muslim hospitals? Did you know that as late as 2006 there were mission drug distribution programs by light aircraft to interior villages of the middle belt? Did you know they played a big role in the fight against river blindness, tape worm and malaria. The mission hospitals were key in reducing the incidence of VVF (ironically endemic among muslims due to child marriages) There were no reports of forced conversion neither were religion a basis for service. Even some of their workers are full fledged muslims (one was even recently given an award for long service in mission hospital- he is a Muslim) and in another catholic mission hospital I saw a makeshift mosque at the gate for staff and patients! Ironically extremist target the very same catholic church elsewhere for bombing!

Millions of Muslim children are educated in mission schools (eg prominent muslims like sanusi lamido sanusI and former gov muazu who extol their mission schools) who has told you they were forced to convert. Today the best schools are mission schools. Are muslims not welcomed? Where the best Muslim schools? Don't even mention skill centers, motherless babies homes, farm centers etc. where are those set up by muslims?

If muslims spend money on the right kind of charity, why are the poorest part of the country predominantly Muslim or why do they form the most beggars ? Why are their youths the most engaged in menial jobs and easily brainwashed to perpetrate crisis ?

Christianity believes in giving life and teaching you to live a life of diginity and not depend on alms or "Zakat". And NOBODY is forced to convert or in danger of dying for ditching christianity.

how did Islam come to Nigeria? was it not through the sword of uthman dan fodio? He galloped through the sahel killing and burning all those who refused Islam. He killed parents and forced their children to accept his religion. Your forefathers may have been mowed down by this very person, who knows. what's worse, he usurped the traditional institutions deposing traditional rulers and imposing his brothers. he installed fulani rulers over indigenous peoples as can seen in the emirs of kano, Zaria, gwandu, yola, jalingo, Bida, llorin etc this sowing seeds of conflict long after he left the scene. What is his legacy? Hospitals? Clinics? Skills acquisition centers ? Motherless babies homes? Farms centers ? Schools? did his coming make life a little more comfortable? No.

Now tell me which of the two rammed religion down the throats of people? Which one is the 419 leading their people to ruin?

Jundiced man!
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by LagosShia: 4:10pm On Jul 22, 2012
tiarabubu: @ Lagos Shia

Did you pretend not to know that the biggest spenders on charity are non muslim countries ? Even with the zakat system?

Lets come to Nigeria ; are you pretending not to know that mission schools, clinics and hospitals are vital contributes to the well being of millions of Nigerians? Kindly give examples of forced conversions in those schools, hospitals or Clinics. Millions of Muslim babies are born to mission hospitals nation wide from kano to Lagos to calabar and sokoto- where are the Muslim hospitals? Did you know that as late as 2006 there were mission drug distribution programs by light aircraft to interior villages of the middle belt? Did you know they played a big role in the fight against river blindness, tape worm and malaria. The mission hospitals were key in reducing the incidence of VVF (ironically endemic among muslims due to child marriages) There were no reports of forced conversion neither were religion a basis for service. Even some of their workers are full fledged muslims (one was even recently given an award for long service in mission hospital- he is a Muslim) and in another catholic mission hospital I saw a makeshift mosque at the gate for staff and patients! Ironically extremist target the very same catholic church elsewhere for bombing!

Millions of Muslim children are educated in mission schools (eg prominent muslims like sanusi lamido sanusI and former gov muazu who extol their mission schools) who has told you they were forced to convert. Today the best schools are mission schools. Are muslims not welcomed? Where the best Muslim schools? Don't even mention skill centers, motherless babies homes, farm centers etc. where are those set up by muslims?

If muslims spend money on the right kind of charity, why are the poorest part of the country predominantly Muslim or why do they form the most beggars ? Why are their youths the most engaged in menial jobs and easily brainwashed to perpetrate crisis ?

Christianity believes in giving life and teaching you to live a life of diginity and not depend on alms or "Zakat". And NOBODY is forced to convert or in danger of dying for ditching christianity.

how did Islam come to Nigeria? was it not through the sword of uthman dan fodio? He galloped through the sahel killing and burning all those who refused Islam. He killed parents and forced their children to accept his religion. Your forefathers may have been mowed down by this very person, who knows. what's worse, he usurped the traditional institutions deposing traditional rulers and imposing his brothers. he installed fulani rulers over indigenous peoples as can seen in the emirs of kano, Zaria, gwandu, yola, jalingo, Bida, llorin etc this sowing seeds of conflict long after he left the scene. What is his legacy? Hospitals? Clinics? Skills acquisition centers ? Motherless babies homes? Farms centers ? Schools? did his coming make life a little more comfortable? No.

Now tell me which of the two rammed religion down the throats of people? Which one is the 419 leading their people to ruin?

Jundiced man!

your head is full of ignorance and too many twisted ideas and lies.when you pile the rubbish,it doesn't embolden me to use my time to reply to you point by point.it makes me feel its a waste of time.

let me point out one such lie.you said Islam came to nigeria through the sword of dan fodio.do you really know that is a lie?if you admit that is a lie,i will continue discussing with you because you will convince me you still have hope to learn.if not,i wont bother.

Islam was already in Nigeria before Usthman Dan Fodio was born.so please,if you want us to continue discuss,you will admit that it is a lie that Islam came to Nigeria through dan fodio.

as for your christian charity or whatever,you are generalizing.christians use poisoned honey to feed people figuratively.you can cite examples and talk nonsense.what about the tons of bibles shipped to iraq with "aid"?

in nigeria,let me cite examples:

"Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Convenant University"
https://www.nairaland.com/771573/muslim-students-denied-admission-oyedepo

and in Osun state,muslim females were denied to use hijab and led to chaos:
https://www.nairaland.com/806040/schools-shut-down-osun-over

ofcourse,i am not saying that there are no good christians or exceptions.but the prevailing situation is that christian missionaries use these bribes to propagate and fish souls.

and for your info,i schooled in a catholic school and i know the religious imposition on students.on ash wednesday all of us are forced to be ashed on our foreheads.it made muslim students to wipe it off and use chalk instead.if the teachers find out you wiped it off,they flog us.

how do we pray every morning in christian schools? is it not "our father" that everyone must recite loud? plus the many songs and clapping and shaking of body and stamping of feet.

you are talking as if evangelical and missionary christians just have joy to do good with no mission.they use the means of "doing good" to propagate their beliefs.

as for Muslims and being kind and generous,i wont bother on that.others who have benefitted from Muslims and the teachings of Islam to be kind would testify to that.and i wont be like you to claim that all muslims are good or generous people.there are many who are not.

you are so brainwashed that you have made all christians "good" and all muslims "bad".
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by cyrexx: 4:41pm On Jul 22, 2012
* gbagaun gbagaun

reporting live from Nairaland Religion Wrestling Federation (NRWF)

the defending champions have moved the venue of the wrestling match
this is normally done to suit their home advantage over the opposing side
very soon expect the match cancelled with no warning or explanation
i guess the defending champions cant afford to lose the match
fair enough

more details will broadcasted as the match progresses
happy viewing*
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by tintingz(m): 4:58pm On Jul 22, 2012
tiarabubu: @ Lagos Shia
Jundiced man!
wait... Are all this charity givn schools, hospitals whatever are they FREE of charge? Do you know what charity means, hospital nor school whateva ur church is producing is no charity but business centre including church did Jesus collect money before he heald the sick? FYI there are hospitals and schools built by muslims...ur 419 pastors are only advitising their business centre to gain money nd souls from you mugus tongue

1 Like

Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by tiarabubu: 12:18am On Jul 25, 2012
^^^ Just do a study (or google) on the Charities and not for profit organisations working to provide drinking water, rural heath care and eradicate diseases like guinea worm and river blindness in rural hinterlands. Or maybe those offering free surgeries for VVF patients in Kaduna, Plateau and Kano. Or those distributing free books, drugs and the volunteer medical services scheme in the FCT for example.

Don't confuse income generating ventures with charities. I am sure you couldn't decipher the difference.
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by tiarabubu: 1:02am On Jul 25, 2012
let me point out one such lie.you said Islam came to nigeria through the sword of dan fodio.do you really know that is a lie?if you admit that is a lie,i will continue discussing with you because you will convince me you still have hope to learn.if not,i wont bother.

Islam was already in Nigeria before Usthman Dan Fodio was born.so please,if you want us to continue discuss,you will admit that it is a lie that Islam came to Nigeria through dan fodio.

Yes some parts of the far north (Hausa land) did practice Islam before Uthman. BUT these were very few as the Hausas still practiced their pagan beliefs (Bori cults for example). Uthman (or Usman), even though had an axe to grind with his home town emir of Gobir who had exiled him, went beyond his intention and used the sword to (i) spread Islam throughout most of the North except benue, plateau, Jukun and the Kaneem empire (ii) politically subjugate the local political economy (iii) took over cultural leadership usurping them with his brothers, kith and kin (Fulani rulers and ruling houses) from Kano (Hausa), to Bida (Nupe) to Yola (Verre) to IIlorin (Yoruba) and even parts of OYO state in the southwest (thats where you come in).

He didn't just stroll into the North central, north east and south west persuading you why Islam is better than pagan belief. This guy murdered your folks in their hundreds of thousands for his Jihad! Which would you rather? Giving you an education and health care (sorry for those hot strokes for ash wednesdays. BUT It didnt kill you nor forced you to be come Christian, at least you turned out a better man) or cutting off the necks of your people to force you to convert?

The legacies of the missionaries are here to see and many are still not-for-profit and subsidized. e.g. schools (the bristols, the baptists, the hope waddels, the devine loves, the hillcrests, ECWA schools, saint this, saint that), the hospitals (the Jankwanos, the Saint Geralds, Saint Marys, Saint this, Saint that all over), Medical intervention schemes (fighting guinea worm (a fight close to my heart), river blindness, free drug distribution schemes, medical workers volunteer schemes by various charities). Of course what some people practice now is not charity, and neither they or me call it that, what did Uthman Dan Fodio bring for you guys? If not the usurpation of indigenous cultural hierarchy, what else?

The Yorubas today are the most sophisticated and tolerant group in the country cause they availed themselves (Muslims and Christians, including YOU) of the opportunities offered by the missionaries e.g. education. Which education, health care, entrepreneurial skills did Islam bring to the table? And you turn around and spew trash!

Usman dan Fodio was proclaimed Amir al-Muminin or Commander of the Faithful in Gudu. This made him political as well as religious leader, giving him the authority to declare and pursue a jihad, raise an army and become its commander. A widespread uprising began in Hausaland. This uprising was largely composed of the Fulani, who held a powerful military advantage with their cavalry.

Usman’s brother Abdullahi was given the title emir of Gwandu, and he was placed in charge of the Western Emirates, Nupe and Ilorin. Thus, all Hausa states, parts of Nupe, Ilorin and Fulani outposts in Bauchi and Adamawa were all ruled by a single politico-religious system.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uthman_Dan_Fodio
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by tiarabubu: 1:42am On Jul 25, 2012
in nigeria,let me cite examples:

"Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Convenant University"
https://www.nairaland.com/771573/muslim-students-denied-admission-oyedepo

Typical LagosShia. Just one student and and you are using the word "students" LOL. I do not support discrimination of any kind. But here is the report on the incident

The Premier was first directed to the PA to the VC, Mrs. Salami who also directed us to the Admission Officer. . . On the issue at hand, he explained that the university admits Muslim students saying Ayomide’s case was different because there was an error when the admission form was filled. “In the space reserved for religion, he filled Muslim while in the space for denomination he filled Anglican and we felt we cannot allow this. One should be honest, if you are a Muslim or a Christian let us know your true religious status. However, the parents should have written a letter to the university authority correcting this error but the mother was impatience as she was just abusing us,” he said.

But Ayomide’s father debunked this. “I filled the form myself and there is no way I filled Muslim/Anglican. We are Muslims and we have never hidden that fact from anybody. My son attended Dansol High School in Ogba, a private secondary school with strict Christian background but this kind of thing never happened to him. All we want is good education for our child and that is why we chose Covenant University,” he said

The father confessed that this never happened to him before. The School confirms it admits Muslims, even though it had problems with them before. So this is definitely not a pattern it seems, else we would have heard more reports. Or if you can avail us more. Oya to the next one.

and in Osun state,muslim females were denied to use hijab and led to chaos:
https://www.nairaland.com/806040/schools-shut-down-osun-over

The problem started last year, when a female student of Methodist Grammar School, Iwo, wore hijab to school.

The student was said to have been beaten by her teacher, while she, in turn, mobilised her brothers to waylay the teacher and beat her.

Muslim Fellowship Students were said to have championed the demand for female Muslim students to use hijab.

Going through the article, its clear that the teacher and school were in the wrong to have acting in such a high handed manner. BUT schools have rules. if the METHODIST (not Islamiyya or ansarudeen) grammer school didnt want Hijab, the proper person to discuss it with is the parents of the child. If I may ask, why wouldn't the parents of the child choose another school if the rule of the Methodist grammar school is against hijab. Or at list raise it with the higher authorities instead.

Would a non Muslim Child be allowed into an Ansarudeen school without a head covering? You see this one is just rabble rousing from some people just to impose their will on the school. Creating trouble when there is non.

You are just forming here, if you knew the discrimination non-muslims undergo in predominantly muslim dominated states like Borno, Kano and Sokoto, you wouldnt be bring up these lame examples. These are states where your name can determine if admission will be given in government schools, non muslims find it difficult to progress to the top of the civil service, permits for development of worship centers are routinely denied. Was it not in ABU that non Muslims were disengaged? The Vice Chancellorship was denied a non-muslim, even though he came tops in the assessment, cos he was an "unbeliever". Was it not in BUK land for a chapel was denied? Unlike you guys who whine about minuscule issues, Many Christians seldom complain about these, cause its stated in the Bible that we shall be persecuted because of Christ and a time shall come when people shall even kill Christians and think they are offering a service to God. Is it not happening? So no qualms, cause life on earth is temporal.

I rest my case. Let the thread resume, please
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by Nobody: 2:30am On Jul 25, 2012
tiarabubu, much respect bro. That was amazing! Both thumbs up smiley
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by tintingz(m): 5:29am On Jul 25, 2012
tiarabubu: ^^^ Just do a study (or google) on the Charities and not for profit organisations working to provide drinking water, rural heath care and eradicate diseases like guinea worm and river blindness in rural hinterlands. Or maybe those offering free surgeries for VVF patients in Kaduna, Plateau and Kano. Or those distributing free books, drugs and the volunteer medical services scheme in the FCT for example.
Don't confuse income generating ventures with charities. I am sure you couldn't decipher the difference.
are they FREE...cant you accept the fact that it is a vice versa thing
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by tiarabubu: 8:55am On Jul 25, 2012
tintingz: are they FREE...cant you accept the fact that it is a vice versa thing

Buahahaha! pls make enquiries about vvf charities , medical volunteer services, water and health services especially in the north. Find out if they charge before coming here to display ignorance . For exampe, How can you charge an abandoned young mother suffering from VVF? How will she pay when she was kicked out from home and feeding is a problem!

there things are likely influencing you;

(1) your pride is preventing you from admitting the fact;

(2) you have never left the comfort of your big city to the rural areas to see real suffering and how some are helping save lives through giving and helping ;

(3) as it is with some muslims, life means little to you. so the actions of these people, whether free or subsidized, is just not so. You think there can't be others who care THAT much to devote resources to such a cause.

I have been there and seen poverty walking on 2 legs. I have seen people genuinely helping out. Have you seen where someone died BECAUSE they didn't have 200 naira to buy anti malaria drug? If you have you will appreciate those who give their time and money to ensure less people die in this way.

Let the thread resume.
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by tiarabubu: 8:58am On Jul 25, 2012
Ihedinobi: tiarabubu, much respect bro. That was amazing! Both thumbs up smiley

Thank you sir.

Quick correction, am a lady.
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 25, 2012
tiarabubu:

Thank you sir.

Quick correction, am a lady.

Oh my God! Now that's awesome! Maybe it's because I haven't been active that long but I haven't seen many ladies take up the gauntlet so effectively. My hat's off, my lady. God bless you, sis.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Who Is Really A Muslim? / Happy Eid Mubarak To All Muslim Brother And Sister / Can You Combine Shawwal Fasting With Al-ayyam Al-beed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.