Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,191 members, 7,815,152 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! (6823 Views)

'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia / Happy Eid ul Adha To All Muslims In The World. / American Pastor Joins Muslims In Ramadan Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by LagosShia: 12:11pm On Jul 21, 2012
buzugee: allahu akbar my islamic brother. how is the ramadan going ?

Alhamdulillah.
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by MrAnony1(m): 12:28pm On Jul 21, 2012
LagosShia:

no i dont agree.

it would have being far better had an atheist (not a christian) raise these questions.you got one finger pointing at others while the four remaining are pointing back at you.

christian groups that evangelize or in other words go hunting or fishing for souls,are not the most charitable people in the world.you do not need to help people and then try to shove the bible down their throats.in fact all the money you spend trying to fish or hunt souls especially ones that are uneducated or ignorant of religious matters,can be spent helping poor people.

these institutions you are talking about are just means or rather traps to lure the unsuspecting.the christian evangelist who proselytise has more tricks than a 419 criminal.

if you want to preach and you really believe you have the truth,you should bring your priests or bishops and the most knowledgable among your learned men to a muslim city,country or community to hold a public dialogue or debate with the most knowledgeable and learned of the muslims.in that way people can know which of the two is best.you don't go about propagating lies and using tricks and then ask if that is allowed or permitted.is lying allowed in christianity? if not,then why do you want us to accept that? if fake publicity is illegal then why should we accept it? there is a well defined method in Islam to preach and freedom to do so.but harassing vulnerable preys who could be unlearned or ignorant and looking for loopholes to exploit is not freedom to preach but exploitation.i have christian friends who preach.and what they do,is to look for the "vulnerable" they see as "having a willing spirit to receive the message".if they meet a muslim who wants to engage them,they refuse and excuse themselves.that is dishonest and shameful.

You have missed the point of Christianity, we are not charitable so a a means to an end, we are charitable because that is what we are. Without charity, there is no christianity.
Anyone that evangelizes by bribery is a manipulator and not a christian. The fact that our intentions are misconstrued and we are persecuted for who we are shows how little muslims know of Christianity and how intolerant they are towards it.
If you knew what it was to have Christ, you would immediately embrace Him.
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by LagosShia: 1:03pm On Jul 21, 2012
Mr_Anony:

You have missed the point of Christianity, we are not charitable so a a means to an end, we are charitable because that is what we are. Without charity, there is no christianity.
Anyone that evangelizes by bribery is a manipulator and not a christian. The fact that our intentions are misconstrued and we are persecuted for who we are shows how little muslims know of Christianity and how intolerant they are towards it.
If you knew what it was to have Christ, you would immediately embrace Him.

please leave Christ out of this because you do not follow him.

you are claiming to be charitable? that is the funniest thing a christian can claim.even more funny than your trinity doctrine.you just need to look at nigeria and see how "charitable" your billionaire pastors amassing billions look like.
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by MrAnony1(m): 1:07pm On Jul 21, 2012
LagosShia:
please leave Christ out of this because you do not follow him.
...And you know this because?

LagosShia:
you are claiming to be charitable? that is the funniest thing a christian can claim.even more funny than your trinity doctrine.you just need to look at nigeria and see how "charitable" your billionaire pastors amassing billions look like.
Lol, and who said that the so-called "billionaire pastors" are christians
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by LagosShia: 1:12pm On Jul 21, 2012
Mr_Anony:

because Jesus (as) was not.

"I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions!":
https://www.nairaland.com/847520/lagosshia-embrace-christianity-two-little

Lol, and who said that the so-called "billionaire pastors" are christians

and what makes you better than them or more christian than them?
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by spenca: 1:17pm On Jul 21, 2012
Justaqad bless , i think u shuld just rest  ur case,coz if u cnt read a chapter of d Quran n undersatnd that u cnt pic just a verse from it n bring ere it really appologetic, how would u xpect mi to bring u episode 9 n 10 of a movie wid out 1-8 n xpect u to get d story line or understand it ... Its really sad ,wah despirate you are to seek for evil were ders none n to those seeking evil in d hadith i hope its the authentic versions of the hadith you talking about,and if there could be any module of killing in them ,its for a just reason if we cn be rational about it n keep our prejudice n sentiments apart, just as Rene descarte statement about the mind yeilds that ....my mind though very powerful am still disappointed wid it that it fails to recognize prejudice and illusion with all sort of diluted vices in it
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by MrAnony1(m): 1:19pm On Jul 21, 2012
LagosShia:
because Jesus (as) was not.
Imagine the absurdity of what you are implying; How would Jesus follow Himself? Does your allah worship himself? Perhaps he does or maybe there are two Jesuses in this conversation.

LagosShia:

and what makes you better than them or more christian than them?
There is no such thing as a better christian. It is either you are a christian or you are not. If those pastors show characteristics of the Spirit, then they are Christians. If they don't, they are not......... By the way part of the character of the Spirit is charity.
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by LagosShia: 1:43pm On Jul 21, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Imagine the absurdity of what you are implying; How would Jesus follow Himself? Does your allah worship himself? Perhaps he does or maybe there are two Jesuses in this conversation.
you're blind!

so how would Jesus (as) ask you to follow what he did not believe in? how would he for instance ask you to believe he is a god when he believed he is not God and he has God?

you're trying to evade the point and trying to be sensational.but you only end up exposed to be silly.

There is no such thing as a better christian. It is either you are a christian or you are not. If those pastors show characteristics of the Spirit, then they are Christians. If they don't, they are not......... By the way part of the character of the Spirit is charity.

so who gave you the power to know and declare who is christian and who isn't? to me and the majority of christians in nigeria,these pastors are more christian than you who thinks of himself of having an understanding others lack.
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by MrAnony1(m): 2:28pm On Jul 21, 2012
LagosShia:
you're blind!
so how would Jesus (as) ask you to follow what he did not believe in? how would he for instance ask you to believe he is a god when he believed he is not God and he has God?
you're trying to evade the point and trying to be sensational.but you only end up exposed to be silly.
I still don't think we are talking about the same Jesus sorry. The Jesus I know is God in the flesh. If your Jesus was not God but a man, then sorry about that.

so who gave you the power to know and declare who is christian and who isn't? to me and the majority of christians in nigeria,these pastors are more christian than you who thinks of himself of having an understanding others lack.
I was only telling you how the bible defines Christians but since you seem to know who is more christian than others then perhaps you should send your CV to God so that he can appoint you as minister in charge of christianity evaluation.

1 Like

Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by LagosShia: 3:09pm On Jul 21, 2012
Mr_Anony:
I still don't think we are talking about the same Jesus sorry. The Jesus I know is God in the flesh. If your Jesus was not God but a man, then sorry about that.
we do not believe God is a man in flesh and neither does the bible support that.we also do not believe God dies.

John 4:24
God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth."

Numbers 23:19
God is not man

Acts 2:22
"Men of Israel, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God [/b]to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know.

1 John 4:12
No man hath seen God [b]at any time
. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

I was only telling you how the bible defines Christians but since you seem to have to know who is more christian than others then perhaps you should send your CV to God so that he can appoint you as minister in charge of christianity evaluation.

i am not a christian and i am proud to say that.

but you are the one declaring your fellow christians "not christians".are you saying they dont know the bible? then how am i sure you know the bible?
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by MrAnony1(m): 3:15pm On Jul 21, 2012
LagosShia:
we do not believe God is a man in flesh and neither does the bible support that.we also do not believe God dies.

God is not man

"Men of Israel, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God [/b]to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know.

but you are the one declaring your fellow christians "not christians".are you saying they dont know the bible? then how am i sure you know the bible?

You don't have to be sure. Just pick up the bible and read it and if those people are acting like Christ then they are christians. If not, they aren't.
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by justaqad(m): 3:24pm On Jul 21, 2012
proo212: Justaqad, how about the hadiths now? are those out of context too?

diversionary tactics,like i told you Quran is the revealed book and guidance of all believers.
Prove to me from the quran where freedom is religion is negleted
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by LagosShia: 3:26pm On Jul 21, 2012
Mr_Anony:

You don't have to be sure. Just pick up the bible and read it and if those people are acting like Christ then they are christians. If not, they aren't.

so if the heads of christians and the custodians of christianity are as such,then would anyone take their followers or like minded co-religionists seriously?

besides,they still claim to be christinas and believe in "prosperity gospel" and think that is 100% in accordance with bible teachings.
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by MrAnony1(m): 3:35pm On Jul 21, 2012
LagosShia:

so if the heads of christians and the custodians of christianity are as such,then would anyone take their followers or like minded co-religionists seriously?

besides,they still claim to be christinas and believe in "prosperity gospel" and think that is 100% in accordance with bible teachings.
As I said, there are no "custodians of christianity". Christ is the head of the church. The people you seem to be referring to are just people who read a bible, didn't fully understand it but they went out got a hall and a microphone and started market.

Claiming to be a christian doesn't automatically make you one as I am sure you will also agree that claiming to be a muslim doesn't make me one. Why are we asking questions for which we already know the answers?

You can read the bible and then judge for yourself.

Christianity is all about Jesus Christ, no one else.
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by justaqad(m): 3:40pm On Jul 21, 2012
Mr_Anony:

I was only telling you how the bible defines Christians but since you seem to have to know who is more christian than others then perhaps you should send your CV to God so that he can appoint you as minister in charge of christianity evaluation.

which God are you talking about?jesus clearly stated he aint God,why are u ascribing attributes that is not of jesus to jesus?reason why christianity is a sham,the very basis of christianity is contradictory.
Smh
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by MrAnony1(m): 3:49pm On Jul 21, 2012
justaqad:

which God are you talking about?jesus clearly stated he aint God,why are u ascribing attributes that is not of jesus to jesus?reason why christianity is a sham,the very basis of christianity is contradictory.
Smh
Really?
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by justaqad(m): 4:09pm On Jul 21, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Really?

the divinity of jesus is contradictory in the bible.
The bible is my sledge hammer.
Hehehehehehehehehehehehehe
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by LagosShia: 4:59pm On Jul 21, 2012
Mr_Anony:
As I said, there are no "custodians of christianity". Christ is the head of the church. The people you seem to be referring to are just people who read a bible, didn't fully understand it but they went out got a hall and a microphone and started market.

Claiming to be a christian doesn't automatically make you one as I am sure you will also agree that claiming to be a muslim doesn't make me one. Why are we asking questions for which we already know the answers?

You can read the bible and then judge for yourself.

Christianity is all about Jesus Christ, no one else.

when i read the bible,all i see are evidence of why you all should become Muslims.you are all confused!

as for being Muslim,anyone who believe there is no god but Allah,and Muhammad is His Messenger,is a Muslim,whether i like it or not and whether the person is this or that.
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jul 21, 2012
LagosShia:

God is not man

justaqad:

the divinity of jesus is contradictory in the bible.
The bible is my sledge hammer.
Hehehehehehehehehehehehehe

LagosShia,

John 1:1 - In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God
v. 14 - And the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us

John 10:30 - I and my Father are one
v. 33 - The Jews answered him...for a good work we stone thee not...because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

Hebrews 1:8 - But unto the Son he (God) saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever...
v. 10 - And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth...

Revelation 19:11 - And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge (this describes the Jesus of the Bible) and make war....(v. 13) and his name is called the Word of God.

I'm not gonna go on, buddy. Suffice to say that the Bible does more than enough to say that Jesus Christ was God in human flesh.

justaqad, contradictory? Dude, whacha talkin? Do you know the Bible at all? The divinity of Jesus Christ is utterly without question in the Bible. If you do not see that, it's no surprise. The Bible isn't open to all interpretations. Only one is correct and it is the interpretation given by its Author, God Himself. Only such as have His Spirit within them know the Bible's total unity. You who do not have this Spirit will only see contradiction and puzzles when you look.

LagosShia, before you start in on the contradiction of the Bible because I've shown you places in it that fully agree that Jesus Christ is God and appear to contradict the other passages you threw up, look at my response to justaqad.
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by justaqad(m): 5:12pm On Jul 21, 2012
Ihedinobi:

LagosShia,

John 1:1 - In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God
v. 14 - And the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us

John 10:30 - I and my Father are one
v. 33 - The Jews answered him...for a good work we stone thee not...because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

Hebrews 1:8 - But unto the Son he (God) saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever...
v. 10 - And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth...

Revelation 19:11 - And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge (this describes the Jesus of the Bible) and make war....(v. 13) and his name is called the Word of God.

I'm not gonna go on, buddy. Suffice to say that the Bible does more than enough to say that Jesus Christ was God in human flesh.

justaqad, contradictory? Dude, whacha talkin? Do you know the Bible at all? The divinity of Jesus Christ is utterly without question in the Bible. If you do not see that, it's no surprise. The Bible isn't open to all interpretations. Only one is correct and it is the interpretation given by its Author, God Himself. Only such as have His Spirit within them know the Bible's total unity. You who do not have this Spirit will only see contradiction and puzzles when you look.

LagosShia, before you start in on the contradiction of the Bible because I've shown you places in it that fully agree that Jesus Christ is God and appear to contradict the other passages you threw up, look at my response to justaqad.

to answer john 1:1,answer this little question..
www.nairaland.com/982691/window-heaven...even-atheist-sure-heaven.
Then we will talk about divinity of jesus.u see why bible is a hoax,u all claim its on the holy spirit that inteprets it when its been challenged.u go tell me whether the verses i'll quote will be from the quran or dictionary.
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by MrAnony1(m): 5:20pm On Jul 21, 2012
justaqad:

to answer john 1:1,answer this little question..
www.nairaland.com/982691/window-heaven...even-atheist-sure-heaven.
Then we will talk about divinity of jesus.u see why bible is a hoax,u all claim its on the holy spirit that inteprets it when its been challenged.u go tell me whether the verses i'll quote will be from the quran or dictionary.

23 By faith Moses, when he was born, was hid three months of his parents, because they saw he was a proper child; and they were not afraid of the king's commandment.
24 By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter;
25 Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;
26 Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward.
27 By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.
28 Through faith he kept the passover, and the sprinkling of blood, lest he that destroyed the firstborn should touch them.
Hebrews 11:23-28 (Note the verses are talking about Moses)
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by cyrexx: 5:31pm On Jul 21, 2012
* when two categories of major religion's apologists expose the errors of each others religion, we atheists just sit back, relax and have a good time watching the spiritual wrestlemania going on*
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by justaqad(m): 5:42pm On Jul 21, 2012
Mr_Anony:

23 By faith Moses, when he was born, was hid three months of his parents, because they saw he was a proper child; and they were not afraid of the king's commandment.
24 By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter;
25 Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;
26 Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward.
27 By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.
28 Through faith he kept the passover, and the sprinkling of blood, lest he that destroyed the firstborn should touch them.
Hebrews 11:23-28 (Note the verses are talking about Moses)

moses never believed in the crucifiction of jesus,so he knew nothing about jesus alledged death.jesus plainly stated that no one cometh through the father except through me.
Heheheheheheheheheh.how about noah,abraham,david.heheheheh
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by MrAnony1(m): 5:43pm On Jul 21, 2012
justaqad:

moses never believed in the crucifiction of jesus,so he knew nothing about jesus alledged death.jesus plainly stated that no one cometh through the father except through me.
Heheheheheheheheheh.how about noah,abraham,david.heheheheh
Oh how you miss the point.
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by justaqad(m): 6:22pm On Jul 21, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Oh how you miss the point.
i missed nothing.or better still expalin in clear terms how abraham,david and generations before jesus will be saved?
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by MrAnony1(m): 6:30pm On Jul 21, 2012
justaqad:
i missed nothing.or better still expalin in clear terms how abraham,david and generations before jesus will be saved?
BY FAITH..........Read Hebrews 11 and hopefully you will understand. Faith justified them. Though some were justified by works and the blood of bulls and lambs. Jesus Christ is the ultimate sacrifice.
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by justaqad(m): 6:33pm On Jul 21, 2012
Mr_Anony:
BY FAITH..........Read Hebrews 11 and hopefully you will understand. Faith justified them. Though some were justified by works and the blood of bulls and lambs.

through who?
Jesus prove it biblically
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by MrAnony1(m): 6:34pm On Jul 21, 2012
justaqad:

through who?
Jesus prove it biblically
The bible is not a legal document.....................Study the book of Hebrews especially Chapter 11, You will get all the proof you need.
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by justaqad(m): 6:41pm On Jul 21, 2012
Mr_Anony:
BY FAITH..........Read Hebrews 11 and hopefully you will understand. Faith justified them. Though some were justified by works and the blood of bulls and lambs. Jesus Christ is the ultimate sacrifice.

read it,and how those it correlate with the ressurection of jesus?
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by justaqad(m): 6:42pm On Jul 21, 2012
Mr_Anony:
The bible is not a legal document.....................Study the book of Hebrews especially Chapter 11, You will get all the proof you need.

if the bible cant stand scrutiny then its just a book.
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by MrAnony1(m): 6:53pm On Jul 21, 2012
justaqad:

read it,and how those it correlate with the ressurection of jesus?
I thought we were talking about justification of those who believed before Christ came

justaqad:

if the bible cant stand scrutiny then its just a book.
God's Word is in our hearts, the bible is our reference. It is the Spirit that makes all the difference and not the letter.
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 21, 2012
justaqad, it's you Muslims that are quick to cite Moses's words about God sending a prophet like him as proof that Jesus was only a prophet. So I won't bother with reminding you of that passage. I'll just go on to say that he did know Jesus Christ and the significance of His Coming ("...Him shall ye hear..." as Moses said then). He knew that the law he was instrumental in giving was only preparing the grounds for God's Ultimate Sacrifice. Each lamb that was slain, each sacrifice upon the altar said in effect, "I look to God's Own Lamb for cleansing and purification." What happened before Jesus came with those sacrifices was a statement of faith in the ultimate sacrifice that all of them represented. So, yes, they were all saved the same way we Christians are, by FAITH in Jesus Christ.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Committing Suicide Is Not A Way Out! / Who Is Really A Muslim? / Happy Eid Mubarak To All Muslim Brother And Sister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.