Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,134 members, 7,814,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! - Islam for Muslims (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! (6821 Views)

'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia / Happy Eid ul Adha To All Muslims In The World. / American Pastor Joins Muslims In Ramadan Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by Sweetnecta: 11:57am On Jul 25, 2012
@Tiarabubu; are christians really charitable in sincerity because of their strict adherent to Jesus?
Hardly, I dare say and i will give you many examples.

From my own family: the first to graduate university was encouraged to abandon Islam, in spite of his being a person who had memorized a good portion of the Holy Text. He was the first christian in my father's family and now all his branch is christian. I am beginning to work on them, telling then to prove to me if Jesus was christian or they are following him to the letter and spirit of the letter and if Jesus is God or really different from any of the Biblical prophets: greater than Moses in Miracles? Greater than John in being sinless [so point out a single sin committed by John or his father, both met tragic ends in the hands of children of Israel]? Devotion to God than John, his father, etc? Wiser than Solomon? A warrior for God than David? Closer to God than Abraham who God says is His Friend [Jews, Christians and Muslims accept this and each claim to be following the faith of Abraham, not the faith of Jesus]? There are many aspects I can challenge you on. But the above are enough for now.

An older friend of mine from Ijebu Iperu told me that his grandfather was the first Imam of this village and donated land to build the first Mosque. He his a christian now. SO I asked how do you end up becoming a christian? He told me that his father was the only educated among his generation. The christian folks told him that he must become a christian before they will allow him in school.

Sudan: The christians will give sour candy to a child. the sour candy will be named Muhammad. They will ask the child whose face is telling the story if he is enjoying the candy? They then give him very sweet and lickable "Warther Original" type candy. Unfortunately, one of its ingredient is from pig. The little boy pops in his mouth and his face says he is happy. They then tell hi this is from Jesus!

Tiarabubu, this is your honesty in conversion and good work; where sexually hungry young men are now thrown in the middle of young white girls with few chest bottons are let loose and nothing to prevent the candy for adults under the light summer wears.

The ignorance of humans and the evil dominations of others have prevented muslims from fully exercising the charitability encouraged in the Quran and the example of the Prophet [s]. The west, today will limit the actions of muslims who may be willing to equal the "charity" of the christians. Jews can cry discriminations and persecutions. Hindus can say the same. What can the muslim say, especially when fro within our rank, you ahve some who are completely against Islam by their actions.

Special notice: The brother who wrote me, may Allah reward you of your effort. I do appreciate you thining about me. Salaamualaykum.
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by Sweetnecta: 11:57am On Jul 25, 2012
@Tiarabubu; are christians really charitable in sincerity because of their strict adherent to Jesus?
Hardly, I dare say and i will give you many examples.

From my own family: the first to graduate university was encouraged to abandon Islam, in spite of his being a person who had memorized a good portion of the Holy Text. He was the first christian in my father's family and now all his branch is christian. I am beginning to work on them, telling then to prove to me if Jesus was christian or they are following him to the letter and spirit of the letter and if Jesus is God or really different from any of the Biblical prophets: greater than Moses in Miracles? Greater than John in being sinless [so point out a single sin committed by John or his father, both met tragic ends in the hands of children of Israel]? Devotion to God than John, his father, etc? Wiser than Solomon? A warrior for God than David? Closer to God than Abraham who God says is His Friend [Jews, Christians and Muslims accept this and each claim to be following the faith of Abraham, not the faith of Jesus]? There are many aspects I can challenge you on. But the above are enough for now.

An older friend of mine from Ijebu Iperu told me that his grandfather was the first Imam of this village and donated land to build the first Mosque. He his a christian now. SO I asked how do you end up becoming a christian? He told me that his father was the only educated among his generation. The christian folks told him that he must become a christian before they will allow him in school.

Sudan: The christians will give sour candy to a child. the sour candy will be named Muhammad. They will ask the child whose face is telling the story if he is enjoying the candy? They then give him very sweet and lickable "Warther Original" type candy. Unfortunately, one of its ingredient is from pig. The little boy pops in his mouth and his face says he is happy. They then tell hi this is from Jesus!

Tiarabubu, this is your honesty in conversion and good work; where sexually hungry young men are now thrown in the middle of young white girls with few chest bottons are let loose and nothing to prevent the candy for adults under the light summer wears.

The ignorance of humans and the evil dominations of others have prevented muslims from fully exercising the charitability encouraged in the Quran and the example of the Prophet [s]. The west, today will limit the actions of muslims who may be willing to equal the "charity" of the christians. Jews can cry discriminations and persecutions. Hindus can say the same. What can the muslim say, especially when fro within our rank, you ahve some who are completely against Islam by their actions.

Special notice: The brother who wrote me, may Allah reward you of your effort. I do appreciate you thining about me. Salaamualaykum.
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by LagosShia: 2:18pm On Jul 25, 2012
brother Sweetnecta,

assalam alaikum.Ramadan kareem.

i have really missed your presence.i hope all is well.
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by Sweetnecta: 2:44pm On Jul 25, 2012
wa aleykum salaam wa Rahmatullah wa Barackatuh.

Ramadhan Karim to you and each and every one of the muslims.

Alhamdulillah. Everything is well. Thanks for asking.

I hope you and yours are good wonderfully?
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by LagosShia: 3:06pm On Jul 25, 2012
Sweetnecta: wa aleykum salaam wa Rahmatullah wa Barackatuh.

Ramadhan Karim to you and each and every one of the muslims.

Alhamdulillah. Everything is well. Thanks for asking.

I hope you and yours are good wonderfully?

Alhamdulillah.it is going well.

where have you being? your absense was noticeable.
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by tiarabubu: 9:06pm On Jul 26, 2012
LagosShia:

your head is full of ignorance and too many twisted ideas and lies.when you pile the rubbish,it doesn't embolden me to use my time to reply to you point by point.it makes me feel its a waste of time.

in nigeria,let me cite examples:

and in Osun state,muslim females were denied to use hijab and led to chaos:
https://www.nairaland.com/806040/schools-shut-down-osun-over

Mr. Lagosshia

i came across this article in the press and couldnt help bringing it up here to counter your feeble complaint of opression of muslims and the above "example" of how muslims are "denied" rights. ( with an example of ONE CHILD IN A METHODIST SCHOOL)

in the article below, non-Muslims in a WHOLE state are being FORCED to Islamic way of life. What say ye?

[size=14pt]Nigeria: Kano State Directs All School Girls to Wear Muslim Scarf[/size]

Kano — Kano state government in northern Nigeria has made it compulsory for all girls attending schools run by the state government to wear the hijab Islamic headscarf, whether or not they are Muslim.

The directive, announced on Friday, has provoked protests from the one million strong Christian minority in the state, whose capital, Kano, is Nigeria's second largest city.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200309020503.html

mscheeeew!

Oya, I don leave una to continue
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by LagosShia: 9:12pm On Jul 26, 2012
tiarabubu:

Mr. Lagosshia

i came across this article in the press and couldnt help bringing it up here to counter your feeble complaint of opression of muslims and the above "example" of how muslims are "denied" rights. ( with an example of ONE CHILD IN A METHODIST SCHOOL)

in the article below, non-Muslims in a WHOLE state are being FORCED to Islamic way of life. What say ye?

http://allafrica.com/stories/200309020503.html

mscheeeew!

Oya, I don leave una to continue

is wearing headscarf offensive to christians that when they are told to do it it is "oppression"?

i see it like the isue of alcohol.drinking is offensive to muslims.but not drinking even though christians are free to,is not offensive to christians.

besides,kano is a sharia state.is osun,a majority muslim state,a christian state for muslim girls to be prevented from wearing hijab?
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by proo212(m): 8:16am On Jul 27, 2012
@Lagosshia, in reference to the last post by Tiarabubu, I think you had to say something just for the sake of it. You have made no sense whatsoever.
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by MrAnony1(m): 9:00am On Jul 27, 2012
LagosShia:

is wearing headscarf offensive to christians that when they are told to do it it is "oppression"?

i see it like the isue of alcohol.drinking is offensive to muslims.but not drinking even though christians are free to,is not offensive to christians.

besides,kano is a sharia state.is osun,a majority muslim state,a christian state for muslim girls to be prevented from wearing hijab?
Wow! Perhaps we should form a "christian state" and force muslims to wear crosses around their necks.
Do you think before you talk at all?

Don't be so quick to spot the little twig in another person's eye when there is a huge log in your eye.
Not long ago on this thread, you were condemning missionary schools for forcing kids to recite the lords prayer and observe ash wednesday and yet you see no wrong in a state imposing oppressive religious laws on all of it's citizens.

Face it, there is no freedom of opinion when it comes to islam. You relationship with God is not loving relationship at all, rather it is a relationship based on compulsion. God is not your father, God is your boss. You are not God's sons, you are His slaves.

The good news however is that He gives you an opportunity to become adopted sons .............but you will rather remain his servants........this I don't understand.
God calls you to become His sons today. Please don't turn Him down.
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by LagosShia: 1:41pm On Jul 27, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Wow! Perhaps we should form a "christian state" and force muslims to wear crosses around their necks.
Do you think before you talk at all?

Don't be so quick to spot the little twig in another person's eye when there is a huge log in your eye.
Not long ago on this thread, you were condemning missionary schools for forcing kids to recite the lords prayer and observe ash wednesday and yet you see no wrong in a state imposing oppressive religious laws on all of it's citizens.

so wearing a scarf for christians is equal to forcing ash on muslim students and wearing crosses? please see the picture attached below.that is the mind of a sane christian.not fanatics who know nothing in their big heads.not those who have made drunkenness and nudity the hallmark of being christian.

Face it, there is no freedom of opinion when it comes to islam. You relationship with God is not loving relationship at all, rather it is a relationship based on compulsion. God is not your father, God is your boss. You are not God's sons, you are His slaves.

do you want to go over this again and make a mockery out of yourself and what you believe? i think we have settle those ridiculous claims in this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/995694/what-bible-say-muhammad/3

Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 27, 2012
LagosShia:

so wearing a scarf for christians is equal to forcing ash on muslim students and wearing crosses? please see the picture attached below.that is the mind of a sane christian.not fanatics who know nothing in their big heads.not those who have made drunkenness and nudity the hallmark of being christian.

do you want to go over this again and make a mockery out of yourself and what you believe? i think we have settle those ridiculous claims in this thread:

What I wouldn't give for you to shut up. . .ah well, I know the limits of "ask and you shall receive". :/ knock yourself out
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by tiarabubu: 2:07pm On Jul 27, 2012
[size=25pt]Lagosshia Exposed[/size]

He has shown himself for what he truly is. A first class bigot.

Clap for yourself Shia, you have outdone yourself. You are not worth debating with, honestly. You are a complete waste of time. grin
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by MrAnony1(m): 2:21pm On Jul 27, 2012
LagosShia:

You have just succeeded in describing a fictional christianity. You see the difference between me and you is that I serve God in liberty while you serve God by force. No thanks, I'm enjoying my way Father too much to trade him for shackles.

Are you serious? Anyway, I didn't expect you to understand it. It is disturbing that you believe that God loves you yet you deny His love when it is shown to you.
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by LagosShia: 1:42pm On Jul 29, 2012
“Convert to christianity or die poor,” Bishop Oyedepo tells Muslim sister

The presiding bishop and founder of the Living Faith Christian Church International, better known as Winners’ Chapel, Bishop David Eniola Oyedepo is not new to controversy.

Though he seems like a man that can tolerate others, it is surprising that the man cannot hide his disdain for the Islamic religion which was evident when little Abdul-Gafar Ayomide Salami, a young Nigerian student seeking admission to Oyedepo church owned Covenant University was denied admission despite having all required qualifications, just because he is a Muslim.

If what he did to little Abdul-Gafar is thought to be anything serious, his disposition towards his half-sister, Alhaja Saratu Bello who refuses to become a Christian after every method implored by Oyedepo to convert her failed. He swore not to have anything .to do with her until she changes her religion to Christianity. The sister in question is being treated like the black sheep of the family and the bishop has forbidden everybody from helping her.

The sister who lives in Iyana-Ipaja area of Lagos is living in abject poverty and finds it difficult to feed while her other siblings are living in affluence. Those who know her doubt her story of being related to the man who can be said to be the richest pastor in Africa.

The man of God who is the surviving one of a set of twins after a prolonged delay in having a fruit of the womb by the late mother was born into a Muslim family of Pa Oyedepo in Omu-Aran. David Oyedepo was instrumental in the conversion of his father to becoming a Christian, a thing the father agreed to when he was very old after which he was baptized by his own son before death.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/07/28/convert-christianity-die-poor-bishop-oyedepo-tells-muslim-step-sister/
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by tiarabubu: 2:39pm On Jul 29, 2012
LagosShia: “Convert to christianity or die poor,” Bishop Oyedepo tells Muslim sister

The presiding bishop and founder of the Living Faith Christian Church International, better known as Winners’ Chapel, Bishop David Eniola Oyedepo is not new to controversy.

Though he seems like a man that can tolerate others, it is surprising that the man cannot hide his disdain for the Islamic religion which was evident when little Abdul-Gafar Ayomide Salami, a young Nigerian student seeking admission to Oyedepo church owned Covenant University was denied admission despite having all required qualifications, just because he is a Muslim.

If what he did to little Abdul-Gafar is thought to be anything serious, his disposition towards his half-sister, Alhaja Saratu Bello who refuses to become a Christian after every method implored by Oyedepo to convert her failed. He swore not to have anything .to do with her until she changes her religion to Christianity. The sister in question is being treated like the black sheep of the family and the bishop has forbidden everybody from helping her.

The sister who lives in Iyana-Ipaja area of Lagos is living in abject poverty and finds it difficult to feed while her other siblings are living in affluence. Those who know her doubt her story of being related to the man who can be said to be the richest pastor in Africa.

The man of God who is the surviving one of a set of twins after a prolonged delay in having a fruit of the womb by the late mother was born into a Muslim family of Pa Oyedepo in Omu-Aran. David Oyedepo was instrumental in the conversion of his father to becoming a Christian, a thing the father agreed to when he was very old after which he was baptized by his own son before death.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/07/28/convert-christianity-die-poor-bishop-oyedepo-tells-muslim-step-sister/

if this report about his sister is true,i will be the first to totally condemn Oyedepo. I have problems with and disagree with some of his theme and direction in the cause of his teachings.

but lets look at the report.

(1)The story is not balanced as non of the main characters were interviewed nor anybody familiar with the story.

(2) The writer shows personal bias in his choice of words, especially in paragraphs 2

(3)there are factual inaccuracies in the report. Muslims ARE given admissions and are students of Covenant university. i have cousins there and they confirmed.

(4) to buttress (3) here is the admissions list for 2012/2013 for covenant university. Clearly there are Muslims on that list

www.covenantuniversity.edu.ng/News/2012-2013-Provisional-Admission-List-1st-Batch

also for landmark university, the admissions list contains the names of Muslims

http://lmu.edu.ng/archives/535

(5) I know for a fact that the Chief Architect in the employment of Oyedepo run landmark university in Omuaran is a practising Muslim.

Oyedepo needs to come and clarify this story. if its true, its wrong, improper and shameful. if its not true then the writer is not being fair and deserves any legal action Oyedepo chooses.
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by LagosShia: 2:50pm On Jul 29, 2012
tiarabubu:

if this report about his sister is true,i will be the first to totally condemn Oyedepo. I have problems with and disagree with some of his theme and direction in the cause of his teachings.

(1)The story is not balanced as non of the main characters were interviewed nor anybody familiar with the story.

(2) The writer shows personal bias in his choice of words, especially in paragraphs 2

(3)there are factual inaccuracies in the report. Muslims ARE given admissions and are students of Covenant university. i have cousins there and they confirmed.

(4) to buttress (3) here is the admissions list for 2012/2013 for covenant university. Clearly there are Muslims on that list

www.covenantuniversity.edu.ng/News/2012-2013-Provisional-Admission-List-1st-Batch

(5) I know for a fact that the Chief Architect in the employment of Oyedepo run landmark university in Omuaran is a practising Muslim.

Oyedepo needs to come and clarify this story. if its true, its wrong, improper and shameful. if its not true then the writer is not being fair and deserves any legal action Oyedepo chooses.

you have already rushed to discredit the story in your normal argument-before-reason fashion.anyways,time will reveal more on this story.

a Muslim student was denied entry into covenant and you're here talking grammar.

do you know if those (other) Muslim students in covenant had to lie about their religion? or do you know if the chief architect you mentioned is forced to either conceal or deny his religion or whether money has even made him change?

see madam,there is something you have to know.arguments can be made and counter-argument in an unproductive way either because facts are missing or when one of either parties refuse to accept the facts.you have now doubted the report and is waiting for oyedepo to deny or confirm.that is fine.let us wait and see.

i am sure if the video of this same oyedepo assaulting a girl with a very hot slap, who went for "deliverance" to his church was not circulating on youtube and online,someone like you will still put up argument and cast doubt on the story.the man behaves like a beast and doesn't appear to be normal.or may be he is drunk with money.this is a man claiming Christ and holy spirit with millions of followers.
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by LagosShia: 3:08pm On Jul 29, 2012
tiarabubu: [size=25pt]Lagosshia Exposed[/size]

He has shown himself for what he truly is. A first class bigot.

Clap for yourself Shia, you have outdone yourself. You are not worth debating with, honestly. You are a complete waste of time. grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
[size=18pt]“Convert to christianity or die poor,” Bishop Oyedepo tells Muslim sister[/size]
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by tintingz(m): 6:20pm On Jul 29, 2012
LagosShia:
[size=18pt]“Convert to christianity or die poor,” Bishop Oyedepo tells Muslim sister[/size]
LOL...iluminatis at work grin grin grin
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by tiarabubu: 8:49pm On Jul 29, 2012
tiarabubu:

Oyedepo needs to come and clarify this story. if its true, [size=15pt]its wrong, improper and shameful[/size]. if its not true then the writer is not being fair and deserves any legal action Oyedepo chooses.

Unlike you Shia, I don't lie to cover anybody's innuendos.

When anyone misbehaves, I condemn and criticize whether Christian, Muslim or Buddhist. I don't cover up. I pointed out the errors in the report with the facts I know, BUT I didn't dismiss it (the report) AT ALL. Again, if proven, it is wrong, improper and shameful of Oyedepo. In fact I am not in support of the outrageous fees and some outlandish regulations in Convenant University nor agree with the theme of his message.

So don't gloat. If you can read and comprehend, you'll understand. cool

1 Like

Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by LagosShia: 11:05pm On Jul 29, 2012
tiarabubu:

Unlike you Shia, I don't lie to cover anybody's innuendos.

When anyone misbehaves, I condemn and criticize whether Christian, Muslim or Buddhist. I don't cover up. I pointed out the errors in the report with the facts I know, BUT I didn't dismiss it (the report) AT ALL. Again, if proven, it is wrong, improper and shameful of Oyedepo. In fact I am not in support of the outrageous fees and some outlandish regulations in Convenant University nor agree with the theme of his message.

So don't gloat. If you can read and comprehend, you'll understand. cool

madam shut-up!

you were the one arguing here endlessly that christians do not do good in order to convert people.here you have the chief anti-christ in Nigeria telling his own blood sister that he will not do good to her if she doesnt convert.

may be you should take a look at the thread on this Oyedepo and his sister,and see the comments of your fellow christians:
https://www.nairaland.com/1002958/bishop-oyedepo-muslim-sister-convert

now you know what is "improper,wrong,shameful".when we were saying that there are christians who do it,you refused and kept arguing.you wanted to make all christians "angels" and all muslims "devil".

please,let me repeat because you may not understand another language:

SHUT-UP Madam!

1 Like

Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by tiarabubu: 11:26pm On Jul 29, 2012
^^^^^^

Sorry, I know you are still hurting bad from the "spanking" I earlier gave you. So sorry, I had to bleach you of your inability to think in a balance manner. If you flog pickin with your right, you go draw am with your left. . . grin grin grin grin grin

Thank God we are not in Iran! I would have been sharing the same cell with Ndarkhani shocked

Unfortunately for you, we are in a free country. You may disagree with me, but I WILL BE HEARD. If that hurts, too bad. Live with it. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Unlike you, I would (i)Not lie (ii) Not think irrationally and (iii) not spare those who are hypoctites. I have proved that.

Have a nice day LagoShia tongue

Oh, sorry, Ramadan Kareem!
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by LagosShia: 11:51pm On Jul 29, 2012
tiarabubu: ^^^^^^

Sorry, I know you are still hurting bad from the "spanking" I earlier gave you. So sorry, I had to bleach you of your inability to think in a balance manner. If you flog pickin with your right, you go draw am with your left. . . grin grin grin grin grin

Thank God we are not in Iran! I would have been sharing the same cell with Ndarkhani shocked

Unfortunately for you, we are in a free country. You may disagree with me, but I WILL BE HEARD. If that hurts, too bad. Live with it. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Unlike you, I would (i)Not lie (ii) Not think irrationally and (iii) not spare those who are hypoctites. I have proved that.

Have a nice day LagoShia tongue

Oh, sorry, Ramadan Kareem!

may be "madam" is too refine for you.i should address you like the way the New testament Jesus addressed his mother by calling her "woman".

WOMAN SHUT-UP! your hypocrisy have no end!

let me remind you:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
"Christianity believes in giving life and teaching you to live a life of diginity and not depend on alms or "Zakat". And NOBODY is forced to convert or in danger of dying for ditching christianity."
https://www.nairaland.com/993339/muslims-house-please-give-this/4#11523360

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jul 29, 2012
This LagosShia guy appears to think with something other than brains. Mehn, you're a wonder. I don't know any rational, intelligent human being that would conclude from tiarabubu's comments, the same conclusions you drew. Guy, u too much o, finally.
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by LagosShia: 12:07am On Jul 30, 2012
Ihedinobi: This LagosShia guy appears to think with something other than brains. Mehn, you're a wonder. I don't know any rational, intelligent human being that would conclude from tiarabubu's comments, the same conclusions you drew. Guy, u too much o, finally.

ah Mr. Brains.please can you tell us what conclusions your brains drew from her comments?

thank God her posts are in this thread open for all to see.now they are arguing about what we should conclude from her long arguments!

i hope you won't read in her post what we cannot read and then tell us we need special "holy spirit inspiration" to understand a nairaland thread like the way you guys claim others cannot read and understand your bible without the "holy spirit".and yet it is written in plain english. grin grin grin grin grin

i am enjoying myself while you're making a mockery of yourselves.that is why fanaticism isnt good.who could have tell oyedepo would act in such a way when tiarabubu was arguing blindly? God is great!
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by tiarabubu: 1:25am On Jul 30, 2012
Ihedinobi: This LagosShia guy appears to think with something other than brains. Mehn, you're a wonder. I don't know any rational, intelligent human being that would conclude from tiarabubu's comments, the same conclusions you drew. Guy, u too much o, finally.

Abi oh. The man can't tell the difference between the phrase " nobody is forced to convert or killed for ditching Christianity" the the Bishop's alleged "refusal to have anything to do with her" on the account of her being a Muslim. He may dislike it and try, but he can't force her.

The man didnt realised that If she were forced to convert, she wouldn't be a Muslim now or, better still, wouldn't be poor. Its obvious, assuming the story is true, he can't force her to convert. Unfortunately, reason and English eludes LagosShia.

I am done with him here. He can continue to grin about his post till tomorrow, if that helps him sleep. shocked LOL!
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by LagosShia: 10:50am On Jul 30, 2012
tiarabubu:

Abi oh. The man can't tell the difference between the phrase " nobody is forced to convert or killed for ditching Christianity" the the Bishop's alleged "refusal to have anything to do with her" on the account of her being a Muslim. He may dislike it and try, but he can't force her.

The man didnt realised that If she were forced to convert, she wouldn't be a Muslim now or, better still, wouldn't be poor. Its obvious, assuming the story is true, he can't force her to convert. Unfortunately, reason and English eludes LagosShia.

I am done with him here. He can continue to grin about his post till tomorrow, if that helps him sleep. shocked LOL!

now woman,you are being silly.

in a country like Nigeria,you have such a man behaving as such.you can imagine if Nigeria was a country like Zambia were christians are predominant what such a man could do.

and we were not talking about forced conversion in the sense of using threat or force to do or die to make you become something you do not want to become.we were talking about the "fishing tactics" missionaries use,like using material things to win converts.that is what we have been arguing about.now you can see how silly you are to change tongue.we have someone using his wealth against his own sister.with the cruelty of poverty,don't you think this woman if not strong in her islamic faith could either conceal,deny or change her religion? so that is exactly what you have denied christian missionaries do.

if you have an ounce of shame as a woman whose responsiblity is to train children,the future leaders,then you should show some honesty and accept you have being wrong in your attitude.no one is above learning.
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by LagosShia: 12:31pm On Aug 01, 2012
"Islamic University In Uganda Welcomes Christian Students From Nigeria":

https://www.nairaland.com/1006235/islamic-university-uganda-welcomes-christian
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by tiarabubu: 9:37pm On Aug 02, 2012
LagosShia: "Islamic University In Uganda Welcomes Christian Students From Nigeria":

https://www.nairaland.com/1006235/islamic-university-uganda-welcomes-christian

. . . we were talking about the "fishing tactics" missionaries muslims use,like using material things like inviting Christians to education as seen above to win converts.that is what we I have been arguing about. . . .

see how your own words can be easily used against your own views? In the light of your links, just change a few words and the table turns.

See why hypocrisy no good ba? Good night and Ramadam Kareem.
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by LagosShia: 10:19pm On Aug 02, 2012
tiarabubu:

. . . we were talking about the "fishing tactics" missionaries muslims use,like using material things like inviting Christians to education as seen above to win converts.that is what we I have been arguing about. . . .

see how your own words can be easily used against your own views? In the light of your links, just change a few words and the table turns.

See why hypocrisy no good ba? Good night and Ramadam Kareem.

stop being silly with purpose,madam.

i am sure you did not bother to open the link i gave to check what is been said.otherwise you would not think i am as silly as you're to present what would implicate me instead of coming honest to admit.
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by LagosShia: 6:07am On Aug 09, 2012
tiarabubu:

Yes some parts of the far north (Hausa land) did practice Islam before Uthman. BUT these were very few as the Hausas still practiced their pagan beliefs (Bori cults for example). Uthman (or Usman), even though had an axe to grind with his home town emir of Gobir who had exiled him, went beyond his intention and used the sword to (i) spread Islam throughout most of the North except benue, plateau, Jukun and the Kaneem empire (ii) politically subjugate the local political economy (iii) took over cultural leadership usurping them with his brothers, kith and kin (Fulani rulers and ruling houses) from Kano (Hausa), to Bida (Nupe) to Yola (Verre) to IIlorin (Yoruba) and even parts of OYO state in the southwest (thats where you come in).

He didn't just stroll into the North central, north east and south west persuading you why Islam is better than pagan belief. This guy murdered your folks in their hundreds of thousands for his Jihad! Which would you rather? Giving you an education and health care (sorry for those hot strokes for ash wednesdays. BUT It didnt kill you nor forced you to be come Christian, at least you turned out a better man) or cutting off the necks of your people to force you to convert?

The legacies of the missionaries are here to see and many are still not-for-profit and subsidized. e.g. schools (the bristols, the baptists, the hope waddels, the devine loves, the hillcrests, ECWA schools, saint this, saint that), the hospitals (the Jankwanos, the Saint Geralds, Saint Marys, Saint this, Saint that all over), Medical intervention schemes (fighting guinea worm (a fight close to my heart), river blindness, free drug distribution schemes, medical workers volunteer schemes by various charities). Of course what some people practice now is not charity, and neither they or me call it that, what did Uthman Dan Fodio bring for you guys? If not the usurpation of indigenous cultural hierarchy, what else?

The Yorubas today are the most sophisticated and tolerant group in the country cause they availed themselves (Muslims and Christians, including YOU) of the opportunities offered by the missionaries e.g. education. Which education, health care, entrepreneurial skills did Islam bring to the table? And you turn around and spew trash!

Usman dan Fodio was proclaimed Amir al-Muminin or Commander of the Faithful in Gudu. This made him political as well as religious leader, giving him the authority to declare and pursue a jihad, raise an army and become its commander. A widespread uprising began in Hausaland. This uprising was largely composed of the Fulani, who held a powerful military advantage with their cavalry.

Usman’s brother Abdullahi was given the title emir of Gwandu, and he was placed in charge of the Western Emirates, Nupe and Ilorin. Thus, all Hausa states, parts of Nupe, Ilorin and Fulani outposts in Bauchi and Adamawa were all ruled by a single politico-religious system.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uthman_Dan_Fodio

https://www.nairaland.com/1013125/how-did-islam-come-nigeria#11738008
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by adamsalman(m): 9:24pm On Nov 16, 2012
Because you are so blinded by
your prejudice, that is why you
never come across the following
verses (of the Qur’an) and Hadith.
That is why even when scholars
quote them during the time of
religious crises you don’t get to
hear them because you know
exactly what you are looking for.
FAULTS!!!!!
God does not forbid you to be
kind to those who have not
fought against your faith or
drive you out of your home. God
does not forbid you to be kind
to them and deal with them in
justice. God love those who act
with justice. God only forbid you
with regards to those who fight
against you and drive you out
of your homelands and support
your being driven out (Qur’an
60:8-9) .
They are not all alike. Among
the People of the Book
(Christians and Jew) there are
upright communities who recite
the revelation of God during the
night and fall prostrate before
Him. They believe in God and
the Last Day, enjoin what is
right and forbid what is evil,
and they vie with one another
in good works. They are of the
righteous. And whatever good
they do, its reward will not be
denied them. God knows those
who fear [Him] . (Qur’an
3:113,114 and 115)
You will find the people most
affectionate to those who
believe are those who say, “We
are Christians.” That is because
amongst them are priests and
monks that are not arrogant .
(Qur’an 5:82)
Let not the hatred of some
people who once prevented
you from the house of worship
incite you to commit oppression
(Qur’an 5:2)
Do not let hatred for a people
incite you into not being just.
Be just. That is closer to faith .
(Qur’an 5:cool
The Prophet (SAW) never fought
the non Muslims who were not
fighting him. Narrated Ibn Abbas:
“The pagans were of two kinds
as regards their relationship to
the Prophet SAW and the
Believers. Some of them were
those at war with the Prophet
and he used to fight against
them, as they used to fight him;
the others were those with
whom the Prophet made a
treaty, and neither did the
Prophet fight them, nor did
they fight him.” (Bukhari 7. 210)
The Prophet SAW said:
“Whoever kills a non Muslim
having a peaceful treaty with
the Muslims, shall not smell the
smell of Paradise though its
smell is perceived from a
distance of forty years.” Bukhari
vol 4.391
He also said “Whoever attacks
my ummah indiscriminately,
killing the righteous and the
wicked of them, and not
sparing even those of little faith
and not fulfilling his promise
made with the non Muslims
who have been given a pledge
of a security–he has nothing to
do with me and I have nothing
to do with him” (Suhih Muslim
855)
Abdullahi Ibn Abbas narrated
that when the prophet
concluded a peace treaty with
the Christians of Najran he said:
“Muslims will surely stand for
you and return you in case of
any plot or treachery in Yemen.
No church of yours will be
demolished and no clergyman
of yours will be turned out and
there will be no interruption in
your religion. (Abu dawud
volume 1324.)
During the expansion of Islam in
Arabia, the Prophet (SAW)
granted the Jews and Christians
living in the settlements of Adruh,
Maqna, Khaybar, Najran, and
Aqaba protection of their lives,
properties, as well as the
freedom of belief and worship as
long as they do not fight him. In
one of his letters of peace treaty,
the prophet wrote Harris Ibn
Ka`b and other Christian leaders
which said:
“The religion, churches, lives,
chastity, and goods of all
Christians living in the East are
under the protection of God and
all Muslims. No Christian will be
forced to turn to Islam. If any
Christian is subjected to any
killing or injustice, Muslims
must help him “.
To the Christians of
neighbouring territories, he said:
“the security of God and pledge
of His Prophet are extended for
their lives, their religion, and
their property – to those
present as well as those absent
and others besides; No bishop
shall be removed from his
bishopric, nor any monk from
his monastery, nor any priest
from his priesthood, and they
shall continue to enjoy
everything great and small as
heretofore… They shall not
oppress or be oppressed. If
anyone demands his right from
you, justice will be maintained
between you. You will neither
be oppressed nor be allowed to
oppress others”
The Prophet (SAW) granted the
Jewish tribe of Madina the
permission to live as a separate
religious community. In a
document of treaty he signed
with the Jewish tribe of Banu
Awf and Banu khazraj, he said:
“the Jews of Banu Awf are a
community along with the
believers. To the Jews their
religion, and to the Muslims
their religion” .
Freedom of belief was granted
even to pagan who have once
fought him and aided other
pagans in fighting him:
“When the deputation of the
pagan arabs of thaqif came, the
prophet made them stay in the
mosque. They stipulated to him
that they would not participate in
Jihad, pay zakkat or offer the
Muslim prayer. The prophet said
“ You have my concession that
you will not be called to
participate in jihad, pay zakkat,
or made to offer the prayer but
there is no good in a religion
which has no prayer in it “. Abu
Dawud 1318.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Committing Suicide Is Not A Way Out! / Who Is Really A Muslim? / Can You Combine Shawwal Fasting With Al-ayyam Al-beed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.