Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,126 members, 7,829,015 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (308996 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 3:56pm On Sep 14, 2012
Anthonymighty:

And also to add to it. Some one suggested Toefl. Since I am going for under grad. Is toefl what I should write and can someone send me any material if it uses material: anthony2xl@yahoo.com and also where can I pay for it and centres to write the exam and next available date. Thanks

SAT/ACT and TOEFL are the two main exams for undergrad education in the US. Depends on your school's requirement. Since you already got admission and just want to write one of the exams I mentioned to stand a better chance at the next interview, i'd suggest you write TOEFL. Its not hard and try scoring above 80. I know you can wink
Sent the TOEFL materials to you.
The fee is N37,000 (E-global technology). http://eglobaltechng.com/examreg.html
The next available dates are oct 12, oct 19 and oct 27. They are based in Lagos but have centres in Ibadan, Owerri, Port-harcourt, Enugu, Abia, etc.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Anthonymighty(m): 4:49pm On Sep 14, 2012
bigfrancis21:

SAT/ACT and TOEFL are the two main exams for undergrad education in the US. Depends on your school's requirement. Since you already got admission and just want to write one of the exams I mentioned to stand a better chance at the next interview, i'd suggest you write TOEFL. Its not hard and try scoring above 80. I know you can wink
Sent the TOEFL materials to you.
The fee is N37,000 (E-global technology). http://eglobaltechng.com/examreg.html
The next available dates are oct 12, oct 19 and oct 27. They are based in Lagos but have centres in Ibadan, Owerri, Port-harcourt, Enugu, Abia, etc.

Thanks mate. I got the materials and the whole info. 1 love.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Manweysabi(m): 5:25pm On Sep 14, 2012
@bigfrancis, i want to apply for Masters in Economics. Is it GRE or GMAT am suppose to write? Kindly send any of the required materials needed for admission and visa application to manweysabi2012@yahoo.com. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 5:37pm On Sep 14, 2012
Manweysabi: @bigfrancis, i want to apply for Masters in Economics. Is it GRE or GMAT am suppose to write? Kindly send any of the required materials needed for admission and visa application to manweysabi2012@yahoo.com. Thanks.

Both courses are acceptable depending on the school. But it will be better to know which one your prospective school(s) actually demands. I've sent you both materials though.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Ovap: 5:47pm On Sep 14, 2012
Pls wot ll will I used to open d GRE materials? Then give me link to where to download it, thank u...also my I-20 form ll expire by oct 29, pls can I still write and get GRE result within dis period?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 6:02pm On Sep 14, 2012
Ovap: Pls wot ll will I used to open d GRE materials? Then give me link to where to download it, thank u...also my I-20 form ll expire by oct 29, pls can I still write and get GRE result within dis period?

You'll use the poweriso.exe software. I also sent it. You'll have to install it if you don't already have it.
You'll see the download link, 'download all', just under the attached files.
For GRE you can write the internet based GRE test anytime you want, this month or next before your oct 29 expiration date.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by jhidey92(m): 6:47pm On Sep 14, 2012
Justwise

naa community college gave me admission wat wil i do. ;-(;-(;-(
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Manweysabi(m): 6:52pm On Sep 14, 2012
bigfrancis21:

Both courses are acceptable depending on the school. But it will be better to know which one your prospective school(s) actually demands. I've sent you both materials though.
big thanks @bigfrancis. Plus i'll need toelf material too. Manweysabi2012@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by jhidey92(m): 6:52pm On Sep 14, 2012
Wat is wrong wit community colleges
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by jhidey92(m): 6:53pm On Sep 14, 2012
Wat is wrong wit community colleges?? Coz i got admitted there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 6:56pm On Sep 14, 2012
jhidey92: Wat is wrong wit community colleges

Community colleges are usually not full-fledged universities, and are usually cheaper than universities in education cost.
It's still possible to get admitted to a university and change later to a community college.

Manweysabi: big thanks @bigfrancis. Plus i'll need toelf material too. Manweysabi2012@yahoo.com

Sent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by obusco4lyfe(m): 7:16pm On Sep 14, 2012
Anthonymighty: Hey guys. Can someone advice me on which post mail / courier to use. I am sending some docs to my school in Boston MA tomorrow. The deadline for those docs to get there is 24th of this month. Courier seems too expensive, is there a way I can use regular mail registered and it will get there before 7 days? Or which cheap one can I use. I was thinking of going to ikeja airport 2mozz to have it sent from there if it will be faster and at the same time cheap?....imperiouxx you said ems is a scam? I was even planning to use them please kindly advice.

Bros! I wil advice frm experience....jst jejely go nd use eitha fedex, dhl or ups. I sent my doc via nipost since d 8th of aug, til 2day my sch has nt received it bt jst last tuesday i sent d doc again bt ds tym via fedex nd it got 2 d sch 2day being friday. If u wnt to take d risk u cn feel free to do so. Evry active member on ds thread cn attest to d story i jst tld u. My 2 coins!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Ovap: 8:30pm On Sep 14, 2012
Big Francis, thanks so much. God bless.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 3:01am On Sep 15, 2012
jhidey92: Justwise

naa community college gave me admission wat wil i do. ;-(;-(;-(

Justwise. . . sho gbo?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 3:02am On Sep 15, 2012
jhidey92: Wat is wrong wit community colleges?? Coz i got admitted there.

More like a Polytechnic
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by obusco4lyfe(m): 6:54am On Sep 15, 2012
@house re all two year college in d u.s a community college? Because i knw sm1 who got admitted to a two year college nd still d v.o granted him visa, even d sch doesn't refer to it as a community college.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by jhidey92(m): 8:08am On Sep 15, 2012
obusco4lyfe: @house re all two year college in d u.s a community college? Because i knw sm1 who got admitted to a two year college nd still d v.o granted him visa, even d sch doesn't refer to it as a community college.

is it ok.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by jhidey92(m): 8:19am On Sep 15, 2012
Bigfrancis.

It's a big task to perform wat u said.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by obusco4lyfe(m): 10:47am On Sep 15, 2012
jhidey92:

is it ok.
was dt a question or a statement?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by blackedwin: 10:53am On Sep 15, 2012
Hello House,
With the recent announcement by the US government how do we manage our Visa appointment

http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/emac_09142012.html

Regards
Ed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by toseen123: 11:20am On Sep 15, 2012
[quote author=kpolli]

Your score doesn't matter. . . You got admission, that's all that matters but u can do as you plan and redo it, get a higher score, get admitted in a better school and I hope ur not going to a community college sha
THANKS MAN,,BUT WHAT I DID WAS JST TO DEFER THAT PARTICULAR SCHOOLS OWN because I STILL HV INTEREST IN THAT SCHOOL....
BUT WHAT U'RE TRYING TO SAY IS THAT ITS NT A BAD IDEA TAKING THE EXAM AGAIN ABI...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by djunit1(m): 3:12pm On Sep 15, 2012
the first thing I saw when I checked this thread was "douche bag" whoever called someone that knows himself. This man or woman was just doing his job! If he no do him/or her job well you know say he fit face sack or something worse than that? I pray for God to forgive you because if God no forgive you na so you go dey meet obstacle for anything you do.

Something to send me to my hiding place for sometime. I hail una
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by product: 3:34pm On Sep 15, 2012
djunit1: the first thing I saw when I checked this thread was "douche bag" whoever called someone that knows himself. This man or woman was just doing his job! If he no do him/or her job well you know say he fit face sack or something worse than that? I pray for God to forgive you because if God no forgive you na so you go dey meet obstacle for anything you do.

Something to send me to my hiding place for sometime. I hail una

Bros I find it very hard to comprehend the message you passing on . Would be better if u could be more explicit.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by product: 3:39pm On Sep 15, 2012
obusco4lyfe: Bros! I wil advice frm experience....jst jejely go nd use eitha fedex, dhl or ups. I sent my doc via nipost since d 8th of aug, til 2day my sch has nt received it bt jst last tuesday i sent d doc again bt ds tym via fedex nd it got 2 d sch 2day being friday. If u wnt to take d risk u cn feel free to do so. Evry active member on ds thread cn attest to d story i jst tld u. My 2 coins!

Go and use TNT . They r kinda cheaper .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by fadinus(m): 4:11pm On Sep 15, 2012
product:

Go and use TNT . They r kinda cheaper .
What's TNT?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by jhidey92(m): 4:19pm On Sep 15, 2012
[quote author=toseen123][/quote]
naa community college. Abeg tell me wat is behind dis school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by mrswagger: 8:09pm On Sep 15, 2012
Hello House, big ups to u guys here. @imperiouxx, Bigfrancis and others u r doing a good job here. May God grant u guys ur heart desires for helping nigerians in need. @imperriouxx and Bigfrancis pls send me your email I have a personal question to ask u guys.
Thanks guys. One luv.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 2:09am On Sep 16, 2012
obusco4lyfe: @house re all two year college in d u.s a community college? Because i knw sm1 who got admitted to a two year college nd still d v.o granted him visa, even d sch doesn't refer to it as a community college.

Some colleges are affiliated to Uni's, like they share the same name self like ASU
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 2:12am On Sep 16, 2012
[quote author=toseen123][/quote]

Not a bad idea
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 2:13am On Sep 16, 2012
fadinus:
What's TNT?

It's a type of bomb grin grin grin grin grin

Just kidding
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by obusco4lyfe(m): 6:15am On Sep 16, 2012
kpolli:

Some colleges are affiliated to Uni's, like they share the same name self like ASU
so wat re u implyin? Cs d name of my sch is howard college!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by madeit2thetop(m): 7:03am On Sep 16, 2012
bigfrancis21:

Community colleges are usually not full-fledged universities, and are usually cheaper than universities in education cost.
It's still possible to get admitted to a university and change later to a community college.

Sent.
pls I will need toefl material also send it to my mail here olivernewton39@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Need Help With Direction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.