Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,034 members, 7,828,623 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (308976 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 1:51pm On Sep 17, 2012
mr swagger: Hello House, big ups to u guys here. @imperiouxx, Bigfrancis and others u r doing a good job here. May God grant u guys ur heart desires for helping nigerians in need. @imperriouxx and Bigfrancis pls send me your email I have a personal question to ask u guys.
Thanks guys. One luv.

Thanks.
beaudefrax@yahoo.co.uk
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 2:17pm On Sep 17, 2012
bigfrancis21:
Yea. Possible. A friend of mine in Canada registered for me. I filled the form, scanned and sent it to him via e-mail. I then sent him $175 (N28,000), which is the GRE fee. He then got a money order of $175 (which is one of the forms of GRE payment) from his bank in Canada and mailed it together with the form to ETS, US.

But ETS said do not mail to us.http://www.ets.org/gre/revised_general/register/cbt/ I was thinking it will go to the Netherlands. Pls say more on this. I want to register this week via my pal in Canada.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 4:31pm On Sep 17, 2012
ferdiii:

But ETS said do not mail to us.http://www.ets.org/gre/revised_general/register/cbt/ I was thinking it will go to the Netherlands. Pls say more on this. I want to register this week via my pal in Canada.

I'm referring to the paper-based GRE. My application was sent to the indicated address in Pittsburgh, US.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 17, 2012
bigfrancis21:

I'm referring to the paper-based GRE. My application was sent to the indicated address in Pittsburgh, US.

Okay.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by eduson002(m): 5:38pm On Sep 17, 2012
bigfrancis21:

[size=8pt][/size] Do paper based and CBT have diff mode of payment? Maybe I shd just register with an agent and rest my mind.I dnt want confusion
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by drslip: 9:58pm On Sep 17, 2012
Hey peeps if yu wanna reg 4 GRE jus send the cash to either your friend or relative in the US. D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ will call prometric in netherlands and charge his/ her credit card. In other words, you reg by fone and you will get your confirmation mail instanta.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by valentino81(m): 12:32am On Sep 18, 2012
king1_00: Just Passing by.

Wishing everyone applying for visa come fall success, especially my man deeverick, you shall testify. For those applying to community college or what have you, sincerely i used to think that the school you apply to can decrease your chances of getting a visa but thats a big lie. I know of more than 5 different people that applied to a community college this year and currently in the US. As a matter of fact i was on a flight with one of them he applied to a community college in Vegas. I sincerely do not know the criteria for a visa, but in my own opinion, community college is not what everyone says it is here. I applied to a private school in Ohio that nobody knows not even the VO and i was given my visa. My 2 cents pls complete your DS 190 form in a very professional and coordinated manner, cus thats all they gat on you. I hate to say this but luck also comes into play. A new Nigerian student joined me in my school early this week and trust me when i say this, if this guy could get a visa, all nairaland should also get one.

May the good Lord guide your steps and lead you the the right VO that will issue your visa My 2 cent.

For those currently in the US pls before yo make any serious crucial decision, call your relative in the US or a nairalander. Knowledge is power. I am adjusting very fine so far because i have a brother and a sister down here.

All is well that ends well, the struggle is not over. US is another set of struggle, trust me because the people here are totally different, or maybe its just state, dont know.

@ NLDERS; I'm new on this thread, and I av been trying to go thru post since and sincerely really appreciate the contributions of the gurus in d house.
Pls, I got to know that if someone can pay detail attention here, no need of AGENTS.
I had my HND in accounting in 2009 and finish my NYSC june last year. I want to know what my chance of obtaining student visa and getting addmission for eithr undergraduate or postgraduate and the schools that can be applied to.
And finally, the steps to be taken in securing the addmission and full steps involved.
Thanks God bless, looking forward to ur anticipated co operation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 1:02am On Sep 18, 2012
valentino81:

@ NLDERS; I'm new on this thread, and I av been trying to go thru post since and sincerely really appreciate the contributions of the gurus in d house.
Pls, I got to know that if someone can pay detail attention here, no need of AGENTS.
I had my HND in accounting in 2009 and finish my NYSC june last year. I want to know what my chance of obtaining student visa and getting addmission for eithr undergraduate or postgraduate and the schools that can be applied to.
And finally, the steps to be taken in securing the addmission and full steps involved.
Thanks God bless, looking forward to ur anticipated co operation.

If you don't want to waste your time with the embassy, just erase that undergraduate plan totally. MS or postgraduate is what you should be thinking of now. Best of luck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by AnythinCanHapen: 1:37am On Sep 18, 2012
lmao.
36 in TOEFL?that is enough reason for the VO to deny you.
better tell the VO TOEFL was waived for you.
kpolli:

Your joking that u got 36 ryt?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by AnythinCanHapen: 2:32am On Sep 18, 2012
I remember reading these pages everyday when i was preparing for my F1 interviews(got my visa at the second attempt). No b small matter!
Here are a few tips for the spring applicants

1)Pray hard!The G-factor is important sir.
2) take note of everything in your DS-160 form. That's all the VO knows about u.
2)try to apply to schools other than the USA - it shows you are not desperate to come to USA
3)if you can, please go to the embassy with a study leave
4)at the embassy, just relax! at my second interview,i told the chic doing the biometric stuff i liked her necklace and the smile on her face.I almost asked her out.dont let the VO rush u;say good morning,how are u today, i like your tie etc...
5)Most interviews are down to the first 20 seconds. give the first 3-4 questions ur best.
6) if you have siblings in the USA,you should be prepared to answer the following questions:
a)how long have they been in the USA?
b)what they do and where they work?
c)Places they have traveled to outside the USA
d)how they migrated to the USA(e.g which visa type)
6) If you were denied, no big deal!!!once u get it,i can assure u that u won't remember ever going to the embassy.
DO NOT change any info in your old DS-160.use the same info and work on y u were denied.
7)take the GRE
coolstudy everything on this forum.
I can confidently tell you that the VO will give you the chance to prove yourself.
Without this forum,maybe i would have gone to the embassy up to like 10 times.
Hate it or love it,Yankee is the place to be!
Good luck guys

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 6:54am On Sep 18, 2012
dr.slip:
Hey peeps if yu wanna reg 4 GRE jus send the cash to either your friend or relative in the US. D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ will call prometric in netherlands and charge his/ her credit card. In other words, you reg by fone and you will get your confirmation mail instanta.

This is one of the best ways but most deny having credit cards.They are not actually friends in need even when u have the money for the GRE.You will be begging your own pals to help you. So sad!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dipson047: 8:10am On Sep 18, 2012
Hey pals plz I do need ur help!! An agent want to hlp me get USA student visa & he said I shuld pay d sum of 200k for d admission alone & I will ve 2 balance him 900k after d interview..when I heard all diz 4rm him I went online bymyself 2 check about diff cheap universities & I saw diff tins differs 4rm what d man told me..my question is can I apply by myslf because I ve sponsorer here in Nigeria & a white woman over there whcich I meet on facebook who re willing to foot my bills.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dipson047: 8:37am On Sep 18, 2012
king1_00: Just Passing by.

Wishing everyone applying for visa come fall success, especially my man deeverick, you shall testify. For those applying to community college or what have you, sincerely i used to think that the school you apply to can decrease your chances of getting a visa but thats a big lie. I know of more than 5 different people that applied to a community college this year and currently in the US. As a matter of fact i was on a flight with one of them he applied to a community college in Vegas. I sincerely do not know the criteria for a visa, but in my own opinion, community college is not what everyone says it is here. I applied to a private school in Ohio that nobody knows not even the VO and i was given my visa. My 2 cents pls complete your DS 190 form in a very professional and coordinated manner, cus thats all they gat on you. I hate to say this but luck also comes into play. A new Nigerian student joined me in my school early this week and trust me when i say this, if this guy could get a visa, all nairaland should also get one.

May the good Lord guide your steps and lead you the the right VO that will issue your visa My 2 cent.

For those currently in the US pls before yo make any serious crucial decision, call your relative in the US or a nairalander. Knowledge is power. I am adjusting very fine so far because i have a brother and a sister down here.

All is well that ends well, the struggle is not over. US is another set of struggle, trust me because the people here are totally different, or maybe its just state, dont know.
. Plz can you mail me dipson047@yahoo.com I need to ask u some questios plz
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by valentino81(m): 10:05am On Sep 18, 2012
imperiouxx:

If you don't want to waste your time with the embassy, just erase that undergraduate plan totally. MS or postgraduate is what you should be thinking of now. Best of luck
Fnks Bro, what the chances of doing post graduate? And is there any proffessional exam to be taken? I av HND in accounting. And what are likely schools that can be checked for fall 2013..
Thanks so much!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by hariyoh: 10:33am On Sep 18, 2012
bigfrancis21:
Yea. Possible. A friend of mine in Canada registered for me. I filled the form, scanned and sent it to him via e-mail. I then sent him $175 (N28,000), which is the GRE fee. He then got a money order of $175 (which is one of the forms of GRE payment) from his bank in Canada and mailed it together with the form to ETS, US.

Hello Bigfrancis, kindly forward the GRE, GMAT and TOFEL materials to me hariyoh@yahoo.com. Thanks in advance and God bless a million.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by fittty(m): 11:35am On Sep 18, 2012
dipson047: Hey pals plz I do need ur help!! An agent want to hlp me get USA student visa & he said I shuld pay d sum of 200k for d admission alone & I will ve 2 balance him 900k after d interview..when I heard all diz 4rm him I went online bymyself 2 check about diff cheap universities & I saw diff tins differs 4rm what d man told me..my question is can I apply by myslf because I ve sponsorer here in Nigeria & a white woman over there whcich I meet on facebook who re willing to foot my bills.

Start reading this thread from part one till 3... U'll be suprised u'll get all details even without posting on the thread... And please don't give ur hard earned money to anyone. That amount will contribute to ur school fees.. Best of luck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by solo4deji(m): 12:40pm On Sep 18, 2012
Hello! Good day, can 25 years still apply for undergraduate course in the state he has finished is ND had is direct entry to university can such person apply admission in the state.

House i need your contribution.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 2:28pm On Sep 18, 2012
eduson002: [size=8pt][/size] Do paper based and CBT have diff mode of payment? Maybe I shd just register with an agent and rest my mind.I dnt want confusion
Lols. If you want to take the cbt test in Nigeria, it's best you register through an agent. This is solely because of the online registration ban on individuals from Nigeria, and the other forms of payment (money order and certified check) that comes with mailing your reg. paper to them doesn't exist in Nigeria!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by eduson002(m): 4:07pm On Sep 18, 2012
bigfrancis21:
Lols. If you want to take the cbt test in Nigeria, it's best you register through an agent. This is solely because of the online registration ban on individuals from Nigeria, and the other forms of payment (money order and certified check) that comes with mailing your reg. paper to them doesn't exist in Nigeria!
Thanks,I wil register wit an agent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by hariyoh: 4:20pm On Sep 18, 2012
[quote author=bigfrancis21]

Hello Bigfrancis, kindly forward the GRE, GMAT and TOFEL materials to me hariyoh@yahoo.com. Thanks in advance and God bless a million.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yankeeboi1: 7:52pm On Sep 18, 2012
My fellow Nairalanders, I cant explain all I am facing here in the US as a student coz I'm finding it somehow uneasy. First, when I got here this fall I have a problem with my accommodation and where I eventually move to is too far from my school. I have to walk for about 20-30mins to the bus stop before I can get a free shuttle bus to the school. To be candid my pple, I'm not coping in classes coz since we start lectures, the lecturers always talked about one article or the other and also presentations whereby I didnt have a computer with me here I believe in myself to be a good student but it is becoming the other way round in this country and I feel alot depressed anytime we have classes. Is this how I will continue or Is there anybody in the house who has or is in my shoe? I tried to look for job in other to sustain myself but all prove abortive as I was told I have to have a work study before I could get one presently. I even went to the cafetaria yesterday and I was told to file up an application which I dont know when it will be review. Pls I need to know the way out of this b4 it get out of hand. I am just trying to manage the little money with me here. Kindly let me know what to do coz I'm thinking of leaving this school to another state where I get some pple but im afraid of falling out of status. I believe I can transfer but I dont believe I can stay here till next fall or even spring.Any advice pls?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by lanrypaddy: 8:06pm On Sep 18, 2012
Yankeeboi1: My fellow Nairalanders, I cant explain all I am facing here in the US as a student coz I'm finding it somehow uneasy. First, when I got here this fall I have a problem with my accommodation and where I eventually move to is too far from my school. I have to walk for about 20-30mins to the bus stop before I can get a free shuttle bus to the school. To be candid my pple, I'm not coping in classes coz since we start lectures, the lecturers always talked about one article or the other and also presentations whereby I didnt have a computer with me here I believe in myself to be a good student but it is becoming the other way round in this country and I feel alot depressed anytime we have classes. Is this how I will continue or Is there anybody in the house who has or is in my shoe? I tried to look for job in other to sustain myself but all prove abortive as I was told I have to have a work study before I could get one presently. I even went to the cafetaria yesterday and I was told to file up an application which I dont know when it will be review. Pls I need to know the way out of this b4 it get out of hand. I am just trying to manage the little money with me here. Kindly let me know what to do coz I'm thinking of leaving this school to another state where I get some pple but im afraid of falling out of status. I believe I can transfer but I dont believe I can stay here till next fall or even spring.Any advice pls?

facing almost the same stuff...I will benefit from pples contribution too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by oyewolejos(m): 8:44pm On Sep 18, 2012
Yankeeboi1: My fellow Nairalanders, I cant explain all I am facing here in the US as a student coz I'm finding it somehow uneasy. First, when I got here this fall I have a problem with my accommodation and where I eventually move to is too far from my school. I have to walk for about 20-30mins to the bus stop before I can get a free shuttle bus to the school. To be candid my pple, I'm not coping in classes coz since we start lectures, the lecturers always talked about one article or the other and also presentations whereby I didnt have a computer with me here I believe in myself to be a good student but it is becoming the other way round in this country and I feel alot depressed anytime we have classes. Is this how I will continue or Is there anybody in the house who has or is in my shoe? I tried to look for job in other to sustain myself but all prove abortive as I was told I have to have a work study before I could get one presently. I even went to the cafetaria yesterday and I was told to file up an application which I dont know when it will be review. Pls I need to know the way out of this b4 it get out of hand. I am just trying to manage the little money with me here. Kindly let me know what to do coz I'm thinking of leaving this school to another state where I get some pple but im afraid of falling out of status. I believe I can transfer but I dont believe I can stay here till next fall or even spring.Any advice pls?

Your best bet would be to move out of that state to a community college near your people and from there u will learn the rope to be a student in the US. Education here is not a bed of roses so you have to be well prepared. A community college will be way cheaper and more flexible in terms of schedule and after 2 years u can transfer your credits to a Univeristy to spend the last 2 years.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yankeeboi1: 9:11pm On Sep 18, 2012
oyewolejos:

Your best bet would be to move out of that state to a community college near your people and from there u will learn the rope to be a student in the US. Education here is not a bed of roses so you have to be well prepared. A community college will be way cheaper and more flexible in terms of schedule and after 2 years u can transfer your credits to a Univeristy to spend the last 2 years.

Moreso, i'm here for masters and having classes everyday. Will I still be able to gain admission later to the community school after I fall out of status to travel to other states? Pls guy help out.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by justwise(m): 10:09pm On Sep 18, 2012
Why not tell people the state where you are and school name? Somebody here could help you with legal way of sorting yourself out
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by phy: 10:38pm On Sep 18, 2012

First, take this semester serious and give it all it takes so that you dont lose on both side. In the mean time, try to look for a friend close to the campus that can allow you a night or more per week at his place. If you have a Nigerian or an Indian friend or a religious organization that may work. If transferring to other school is your option, you may start applying now (I'll advise you apply to a school where you have at least one person that you know). Also, if you're a grad student you can discuss with any of your responsible faculty about your situation and ask if they have a research they're working on where you could assist to make some change. If you still prefer the school, you can start looking for apartments close to school before the next semester. You may also post the name of your school here and you may be surprise to see someone that could be of help or link you up. PLS DON'T GIVE UP - IT IS WORTH IT.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ChitownBase: 11:00pm On Sep 18, 2012
AnythinCanHapen: I remember reading these pages everyday when i was preparing for my F1 interviews(got my visa at the second attempt). No b small matter!
Here are a few tips for the spring applicants

1)Pray hard!The G-factor is important sir.
2) take note of everything in your DS-160 form. That's all the VO knows about u.
2)try to apply to schools other than the USA - it shows you are not desperate to come to USA
3)if you can, please go to the embassy with a study leave
4)at the embassy, just relax! at my second interview,i told the chic doing the biometric stuff i liked her necklace and the smile on her face.I almost asked her out.dont let the VO rush u;say good morning,how are u today, i like your tie etc...
5)Most interviews are down to the first 20 seconds. give the first 3-4 questions ur best.
6) if you have siblings in the USA,you should be prepared to answer the following questions:
a)how long have they been in the USA?
b)what they do and where they work?
c)Places they have traveled to outside the USA
d)how they migrated to the USA(e.g which visa type)
6) If you were denied, no big deal!!!once u get it,i can assure u that u won't remember ever going to the embassy.
DO NOT change any info in your old DS-160.use the same info and work on y u were denied.
7)take the GRE
coolstudy everything on this forum.
I can confidently tell you that the VO will give you the chance to prove yourself.
Without this forum,maybe i would have gone to the embassy up to like 10 times.
Hate it or love it,Yankee is the place to be!
Good luck guys

Congrats mehn...you welcome to yankee smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ChitownBase: 11:09pm On Sep 18, 2012
dipson047: Hey pals plz I do need ur help!! An agent want to hlp me get USA student visa & he said I shuld pay d sum of 200k for d admission alone & I will ve 2 balance him 900k after d interview..when I heard all diz 4rm him I went online bymyself 2 check about diff cheap universities & I saw diff tins differs 4rm what d man told me..my question is can I apply by myslf because I ve sponsorer here in Nigeria & a white woman over there whcich I meet on facebook who re willing to foot my bills.

you can do it all by ur self here if u follow the due process...just ask the guru in dahouse sure dey will put u through...but as for the white woman wey go foot ur bills mehn just forget that area..yankee na all man for him self ooo. even ur broda or family or whateva relative or friend dem go blank u once u dey talk about paying my bills ask guys wey there dem go let u kno wasssup grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ChitownBase: 11:18pm On Sep 18, 2012
[quote author=justwise]
@yankee boi try to do all u can to finish this semester all though i didnt went through all this stress but i wud just say try to get a laptop Asap then try to make research online try to be aware of things around you need and also a way of contacting people..but since ur staying far from skool try craiglist look for apartments close to school check the housing scetion u might be lucky to find a place close to ur school and then next semester u transfer to were u have people... and as for job u cannot work outside of ur campus since u are on F1 status, so try the the dinning and housing halls.. if ur in Chicago make we kno how to help!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Need Help With Direction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.