Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,145 members, 7,815,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

GRACE: Destiny vs Freewill: Brethren, Let Us Break Bread - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / GRACE: Destiny vs Freewill: Brethren, Let Us Break Bread (6348 Views)

Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. / Has GOD Given Humans Freewill Or Predestinated Humans?? / Yahweh And Freewill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GRACE: Destiny vs Freewill: Brethren, Let Us Break Bread by Enigma(m): 12:36pm On Jul 28, 2012
Zikkyy:

It's not free oh angry can't speak for the others, but send my 10% grin

If no be say na you, enh? If say na our 'errant' brother Joagbaje, enh? wink

No wayooooo! grin Nice to 'see' you again, zikky.

PS about the '8' when certain letters or figures {e.g. ; or 8} come before the second part of a bracket ) they turn into something else like the cool/glasses icon etc. Na wa!
Re: GRACE: Destiny vs Freewill: Brethren, Let Us Break Bread by Zikkyy(m): 12:43pm On Jul 28, 2012
Enigma:
PS about the '8' when certain letters or figures {e.g. ; or 8} come before the second part of a bracket ) they turn into something else like the cool/glasses icon etc. Na wa!

took me unaware. Seun need to sort this out angry
Re: GRACE: Destiny vs Freewill: Brethren, Let Us Break Bread by Zikkyy(m): 12:59pm On Jul 28, 2012
Enigma:
If no be say na you, enh? If say na our 'errant' brother Joagbaje, enh? wink

BTW where is Jo hanging out these days? there is nobody to 'mock' around here angry (afterall na the man talk say i dey mock am sad). How can somebody be so wicked, depriving me of the joy (derived) from 'mocking' him? just imagine that angry *[size=4pt]off to yookoos to find joagbaje.[/size]*
Re: GRACE: Destiny vs Freewill: Brethren, Let Us Break Bread by truthislight: 1:03pm On Jul 28, 2012
The fear of God is said to be the begining of wisdom,

If one really have the fear of God and the love of God, then one can see and know when satan tries even today to accuse God wrongly.
The failures we see is his satan. (His) Satan's failue as the ruler of this world.
He is trying to pass it out with the idea that God destined every thing, every human.

People should remember an old bible saying "though every man be found a liar, let God be found true"

Why would God predestined Adam to disobey him?

This is the same rulership satan restle for in eden, even accusing God wrongly in the process.
Re: GRACE: Destiny vs Freewill: Brethren, Let Us Break Bread by MrAnony1(m): 1:54pm On Jul 28, 2012
Ihedinobi:

You said you would study this more carefully so I intend to await the outcome of that. The comment I am about to make is just one more thing to test against the Scriptures as you examine them.

That bolded part is my interest. Now, the truth of the Scriptures is that if such a person as you described in that bolded part could sin willfully and remain adamant in sin, they will without doubt lose their salvation. But this here is the question? Can such a person, one who is born of God and has the seal that he is born of God which is that God's Own Nature (the very Spirit of God) is within him do such a thing? Can such a one sin willfully? And can he remain adamant in sin when it is revealed to him that he is in sin? Is it possible that one evidence that he has the Spirit of God is that he will not remain in sin once he is shown that he is in it?
Hmm, this answer is a bit hasty but my answer to your question is Yes. Having God's nature means that you are now more inclined to do what is right and keep away from sin i.e when you sin your conscience will torture you to pieces but this does not mean that you cannot stubbornly choose to willfully sin. To be led by the Holy Spirit, you have to submit to His leading. When you rebel and rebel so much against the Holy Spirit, a point comes when He leaves you to your own devices.
i.e. after you are born into God's family, you can never be unborn, naturally, you will obey your Father, however if you continue to rebel against your Father, a point comes when you will be disowned
Re: GRACE: Destiny vs Freewill: Brethren, Let Us Break Bread by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 28, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Hmm, this answer is a bit hasty but my answer to your question is Yes. Having God's nature means that you are now more inclined to do what is right and keep away from sin i.e when you sin your conscience will torture you to pieces but this does not mean that you cannot stubbornly choose to willfully sin. To be led by the Holy Spirit, you have to submit to His leading. When you rebel and rebel so much against the Holy Spirit, a point comes when He leaves you to your own devices.
i.e. after you are born into God's family, you can never be unborn, naturally, you will obey your Father, however if you continue to rebel against your Father, a point comes when you will be disowned

I agree that the answer is a bit hasty. Not least because there's a lot of Scripture weighing against it. So, I'll wait a bit more. I just hope I can see your conclusions soon. I'm dying from the suspense smiley
Re: GRACE: Destiny vs Freewill: Brethren, Let Us Break Bread by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 28, 2012
By mandating that the Bible is the Authority and that one should align to any of the school of thoughts, you are already expecting to find the answers you seek within the confines of the Bible and the school of thoughts. I am sorry to inform you that the answers you seek, may not be found within the box you decide to put every opinion bearer in, because the concept of Predestination goes beyond the concept of Christianity and the theories you align yourself to. If permitted, I could give you detailed answers you seek but outside the scope of the Bible and theorems. For now, I will keep wealth of knowledge t myself until I am permitted to be outside my house to actually see the dimension of the house, cos there is no way I can know the architectural designs by staying inside the box-cum-house.
Re: GRACE: Destiny vs Freewill: Brethren, Let Us Break Bread by truthislight: 5:22pm On Jul 28, 2012
Billyonaire: By mandating that the Bible is the Authority and that one should align to any of the school of thoughts, you are already expecting to find the answers you seek within the confines of the Bible and the school of thoughts. I am sorry to inform you that the answers you seek, may not be found within the box you decide to put every opinion bearer in, because the concept of Predestination goes beyond the concept of Christianity and the theories you align yourself to. If permitted, I could give you detailed answers you seek but outside the scope of the Bible and theorems. For now, I will keep wealth of knowledge t myself until I am permitted to be outside my house to actually see the dimension of the house, cos there is no way I can know the architectural designs by staying inside the box-cum-house.
Hahaha. Lol.
U have already given the answer to ur theory.
If u are the designer of the house u would have no such constrain. But like u have said the design is alien to u as such u need to take ur time to go round the house to make sense of it.

The designer already has the full picture, but an enemy wants to distort the design, who knows if u are working for the enemy?

However, it is a free world beside it is a public forum where there are all shade and sizes of opinions.

Next u will say u have been destined to make a comment on this thread..
Lol.
Peace.
Re: GRACE: Destiny vs Freewill: Brethren, Let Us Break Bread by tpia5: 5:56pm On Jul 31, 2012
Ihedinobi: Mr Anony, looks like we have to move house. We're breaking bread in the open lol.

Anyway, no matter.

Cyrexx, a very close friend of mine, a guy who was twice my roommate, picked a quarrel with me one day out of the blues. I was heartbroken. Why? Because I couldn't get through to the poor guy. He overnight threw out everything he knew of my character and labeled me something I myself couldn't see any relationship with. Based on those silly assumptions he did his very best to destroy our friendship. One thing I persisted in telling him was that I was not this guy he suddenly made me out to be.

That's what all that statement of yours does: assume things about my Father. It makes a lot of sense to you, but none of it is strictly true. You've taken the "whats" the Bible and given your own "whys" to them to suit your prejudices. That's not fair judgment.

Besides, it's not nice crashing a family picnic, is it? Are we offending you guys by trying to share our thoughts on a matter crucial to us?

seriously, where in nigeria are people not taught how to express themselves in english?
Re: GRACE: Destiny vs Freewill: Brethren, Let Us Break Bread by MrAnony1(m): 6:33pm On Jul 31, 2012
tpia@:

seriously, where in nigeria are people not taught how to express themselves in english?
How does this comment relate to anything?
Re: GRACE: Destiny vs Freewill: Brethren, Let Us Break Bread by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 31, 2012
Mr_Anony:
How does this comment relate to anything?

Abeg o, help me see wahala!
Re: GRACE: Destiny vs Freewill: Brethren, Let Us Break Bread by MrAnony1(m): 8:16pm On Jul 31, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Abeg o, help me see wahala!
Lol. I am as puzzled as you are

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Christ Is Coming Soon! / Winners Chapel Sack Pastors For Not Meeting Financial Targets / Announcing: The Temple of the Sacred Coconut

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.