Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,045 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos (47587 Views)

Mimiko’s Victory, End Of ACN In South-west – Afenifere / 3,000 LP Members Defect To ACN In Owo, Ondo / Breaking News! Pdp Defeats Acn In Lagos Bye-election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by BabaIbada: 10:49am On Jul 22, 2012
Oh oh, i guess Ndigbo are looking for a reckless spending governor that would be rolling cash out to appease their greed. If you are not happy with the good work for which BRF receives high accolades then we can help you get more luxury buses in case the available ones would not be enough to take you back home.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Delafruita(m): 10:52am On Jul 22, 2012
Billyonaire: Every analytical mind should try to find out, what percentage of the voting populace is Ndigbo, and if Ndigbo makes up to one-third of the voting Populace then voting for PDP will be monumental success and should be taken seriously. Being "carried along" is important. If you keep demolishing the "places of interest" of Ndigbo like their market, Stores and keep increasing the Tenement rates in Lekki Phase 1 and VGC where majority of the property owners are Ndigbo, then you incur the wrath of these progressive Easterners. ACN under Fashola did so great in rehabilitation of roads and engaging Area boys and beautification, but this Fashola's second term, he has done nothing, I have not witnessed any new developmental strides, the roads under construction are the PPP projects that are tolled and paid for, by our tax money, for the next 30 yrs under the LCC and the rail way line to Badagry is a loan from World Bank.... Ndigbo is a force to reckon with, and if ACN wants to retain Lagos, Ndigbo has to be "carried along". A word is enough for the wise__________ BillyOnaire
how come it is only the igbos that claim they have such a large voting bloc?you seem to forget that there are people from all parts of the country in lagos.just because igbos are very noisy and noticeable doesnt mean they surpass other tribes in terms of population within lagos.igbos control ladipo,alaba etc.so what?how many igbos sell in owode-onirin?how many are in ile-epo?
you say majority of the properties in lekki are owned by ndigbo,how did you come by the statistics?you assume its only igbos that can afford to live in lekki abi.igbos are visitors in lagos and when a visitor starts to demand the rights of an indigene,he needs to be reminded of the warm welcome he received from his guest.
you say world bank loan is used to finance light rail,so what?was it the world bank that asked the government to build the light rail?besides your facts are wrong.go find out how the light rail project is been financed
bloody igbotic people making ridiculous demands

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by rhymz(m): 10:53am On Jul 22, 2012
Abbey2sam: Ibo's will never seize to amaze me,how many yoruba's has been given a political apointment in the east? I don't blame them ,it is the yorubas that are too accomodating and now they need a political seat in another man's state!what ever happen to where they came from...
they should go to maiduguri for political seat nah or kano or even zamfara.......who told them their vote even count in lagos
You are an ignoramus that knows nothing about politics, just shut your mouth. Democracy is about number, and politics is about using that number to negotiate in favour of the number people that constitutes that number. I live in Lagos, no Yoruba man can claim to have more rights than me in Lagos, Fact. I pay for every Goddam thing I own and use, I pay my damn Tax, no Yoruba person does me any favours, whatever you all mean by accommodating is laughable, like Yorubas have the right to come up to me and send me packing, aint you guys jokers, arrogating such powers to yourself all because you are a Yoruba born in the SW, I bet A Yoruba born in the SE can also come down to chase me away from Lagos all because he is from the Yoruba tribe. . How Laughable. .
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by AngelofValor: 10:53am On Jul 22, 2012
Am happy this is coming out, at least i have proof for my yoruba friend that "his people have no agenda for other tribes in lagos". My Igbo brothers' don't even waste ur time with PDP, they equally have nothing for ya. Come to think of it, i'll be sooo disappointed if Bluetooth, ileke idi and other Igbo haters dont comment on this thread.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by ypzilanti: 10:54am On Jul 22, 2012
lekkie073:
If ur fathers understand economics, they wouldn't advice u d offsprings to go develop another man's land and turn urs to shrines for blood rituals

Hahahahaha.

Capitalists invest anywhere they smell a profit.

Ask Exxon Mobil to go back to USA. Fool.

From your posts it is obvious that you are another never-do-well lowlife underachiever.

Research has shown that it is usually those at the lower rungs of society that manifest the highest levels or tribal and racist hatred.

Successful people hang out with other succesful people regardless of where they are from.

Lowlifes all hang out with their own type...looking for which race or tribe to blame for their awful lives.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by logica(m): 10:54am On Jul 22, 2012
lekkie073:
D article refered to NDIGBO...so what i said applies to d umbrella(NDIGBO). Whether u я in support or not i don't give a hoot. What i know is dat ur days in lagos я numbered. Ibos я not different to fulanis. Leaving ur abode in order to encroach on another man's territory. Go back to ur shrines-u-called-homes
Dude don't be stupid. I am more YORUBA than you can ever be.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by jamil2(m): 10:57am On Jul 22, 2012
Abbey2sam:
they should go to maiduguri for political seat nah or kano or even zamfara.......who told them their vote even count in lagos
for your information as at I typed now there are Igbos appointee that serves as advisers in the Kano State Government and it takes effect during Shekarau regime pls if you don't have clue on anything don't jump into the conclusion.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Nobody: 11:01am On Jul 22, 2012
whealthy:
Why aint you running for office there? Did you not mention FORMER capital? So what? because it was former capital means the indegenes lose there right to select there leaders? If the ibo, hausa etc fill up all the posts, where will indigenous Lagosians work? When last was a Yoruba or ibo appointed as FCT minister? And that is still the capital oo!
Since you ve descended to trading insult instead of articulatin your arguement and pasin such across (like a sensible being). Go and bring your nutcase father that bred a slowpoke like you to contest in 2015 nd get indigbo to vote him in. f**kin c**t

I try not to respond to comments that come no where to the vicinity of reason. You obviously need to improve your writing skills and syntax as I am having a great deal of difficulty trying to understand you. You have a neutral contribution to humanity; not contributing nothing but rather a nuisance. Your parents ought to had aborted you as a zygote.

If you had read my post correctly, you would have gotten it into your dumb brain that I was only interpreting the constitution. Those are not my words, go and read the constitution my friend; its free!
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Delafruita(m): 11:04am On Jul 22, 2012
Danka7777:

Some Nigerians honestly have no common sense. Can you get it into your heads that Lagos was a former capital of Nigeria? As is it with Abuja, F.C.T; today, it was developed by the federal government and has a great deal of diversity. If this were Ogun, Ondo, Ekiti and many others, I will be against appointing any ethnic group besides yorubas into office. Same goes with Anambra, Enugu, Imo and others; political appointments should be assigned to natives of that land. Lagos and Abuja are different, as they are former and present capitals respectively.

I know many of you would be shocked to hear this: Igbos, Hausas and all other ethnic groups ought to be able to run for a political office in Lagos, includes office of the governor. Many of you haven't even read the Constitution. Do you know what the Constitution says about a state that becomes a Federal Capital Territory? There some clear lines in it about this...
you are a big f.ool.was calabar not once federal capital?was lokoja not once federal capital?why not say crossriver and kogi should be able to vote in hausa or yoruba people.
you must think everybody is ignorant like you.what does the constituition say about sates that were once federal capitals?i have my copy of the constituition and i have a good idea of what it says regarding states and there's absolutely nothing like "states that were once federal capital" in the entire constituition.i challenge you to quote the section in the constituition that makes reference to it.ignorant buffoon

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 22, 2012
Delafruita:
you are a big f.ool.was calabar not once federal capital?was lokoja not once federal capital?why not say crossriver and kogi should be able to vote in hausa or yoruba people.
you must think everybody is ignorant like you.what does the constituition say about sates that were once federal capitals?i have my copy of the constituition and i have a good idea of what it says regarding states and there's absolutely nothing like "states that were once federal capital" in the entire constituition.i challenge you to quote the section in the constituition that makes reference to it.ignorant buffoon

I try not to respond to comments that come no where to the vicinity of reason. You obviously need to improve your writing skills and syntax as I am having a great deal of difficulty trying to understand you. You have a neutral contribution to humanity; not contributing nothing but rather a nuisance. Your parents ought to had aborted you as a zygote.

If you had read my post correctly, you would have gotten it into your dumb brain that I was only interpreting the constitution. Those are not my words, go and read the constitution my friend; its free!
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by samkoro: 11:06am On Jul 22, 2012
berem: I find it hard to believe this story! But if its true then its a pity that a lunatic will just open his infected mouth and talk trash! I don't think there is any other state in nigeria that has been more accomodating than lagos state. lagos state have treated igbos well more than even our own states of origin.so I will advise that dude to STFU and mind his business and stop painting igbo pple black!

Do you know the meaning of accommodating?

If shylock omo oniles,aggresive area boys,chauvinistic yoruba elders and civil servants,greedy yoruba landlords,wicked and ignorant LASTMA,tribalistic KAI,self absorbed yoruba moslems and very quarellsome yoruba women is what you mean by accomodating,then the oxford dictionary has to be re-written.

Let me ask you; have you ever given free land,free food,accomodation,free shop,free cloth,and free drinks to an Igbo man?

Do you know what it takes to survive far away from home without govt. Or bank support?

Travel out and experience first hand,what its like
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 22, 2012
ifeci:

una dey work on sunday too? na wa o
Yes, I dont go to Church.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by AngelofValor: 11:06am On Jul 22, 2012
I bet this would give the "LOUD-MOUTHED YORUBAS'" in the house a means to talk jibberish.Ah! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Am so happy for ya'll yorubas', finally a topic ya'll can SHOUT at and OVER-FLOG till it catches fire.
Anyhoo, this is mere propaganda by one attention-seeking and irrelevant Igbo group in lagos calling themselves Ndigbo(or maybe out of lagos, sef).

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by ypzilanti: 11:09am On Jul 22, 2012
Delafruita:

Nothing in the constitution prevents any Nigerian from running for office in any part of Nigeria.

Maybe you are not aware, but other tribes have ran for office and won in Lagos and Abuja (that I am aware of).

Democracy is a game of numbers. As elections become freer and fairer, you will see more of this in areas with huge migrant populations.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 22, 2012
AngelofValor: I bet this would give the "LOUD-MOUTHED YORUBAS'" in the house a means to talk jibberish.Ah! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Am so happy for ya'll yorubas', finally a topic ya'll can SHOUT at and OVER-FLOG till it catches fire.
Anyhoo, this is mere propaganda by one attention-seeking and irrelevant Igbo group in lagos calling themselves Ndigbo(or maybe out of lagos, sef).

Yes my brother, they have been every where. Dirty people and a nuisance to Nigeria.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by logica(m): 11:10am On Jul 22, 2012
Who are those still talking about "Lagos was developed by Federal Government"? Please leave that for another thread; but certainly before the Oil Boom of the 1970s, Lagos was already a well developed metropolis. And certainly Lagos went into disrepair during the Babangida/Abacha era only to go through a revival during the latter part of Tinubu's governorship and having to do this by being self-sustaining; generating funds even when the Federal Government stopped paying it's "monthly allocation". As I said, leave that 5hit for another thread, and in any case it has been well thrashed out previously on so many threads.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by aryzgreat: 11:11am On Jul 22, 2012
Baba_O: They will never stop exposing their weaknesses and desperation?. Have they been voting for UPN/ACN before ?

U think ndigbo are tribal bigots like u tiger faced apes? How did ngige win election in anambra under ACN? can a prominent yoruba politician win election under APGA platform in any yoruba state? u think we have forgotten about funsho williams murder? just to make sure PDP never clinch lagos? We vote based on personality and not ur yoriba tribal voting pattern that made ACN sweep SW even with worst candidate as Ogun, ekiti, osun, and oyo are now showing with no dividend of democracy to show for their much 'progressives' campaign deceit.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 22, 2012
ypzilanti:

Nothing in the constitution prevents any Nigerian from running for office in any part of Nigeria.

Maybe you are not aware, but other tribes have ran for office and won in Lagos and Abuja (that I am aware of).

Democracy is a game of numbers. As elections become freer and fairer, you will see more of this in areas with huge migrant populations.

Thanks my brother. That is what I am trying to explain these nescients. I was only interpreting the Constitution for them but they still can't understand.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by samkoro: 11:12am On Jul 22, 2012
Delafruita:

You thought pattern is 100yrs behind schedule.Why not buy the Nigerian costitution and read.Its not up to N500
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by samkoro: 11:13am On Jul 22, 2012
Delafruita:

You thought pattern is 100yrs behind schedule.Why not buy the Nigerian costitution and read.Its not up to N1000
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by aduhube: 11:13am On Jul 22, 2012
I have read through most of the comments and I realised that nairalanders or rather Nigerians are really very far from understanding what a nation practising democracy really is. It is a shame that we have been indoctrinated by tribal sentiments and rancour. Why can't we discuss more about things that bind us together instead of spending time on tribal concerns. We have bugging problems: corruption, Killer diseases, like HIV and AIDS, illiteracy, poverty and all we discuss here is tribal issues. I weep for Nigeria.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Dammy68(f): 11:15am On Jul 22, 2012
sheyguy:
Oga wet weed, Igbo cönstitute 90% of lagos population, if only half of those shld pitch their tent with this group in question, do u know what it would translate to?
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by ypzilanti: 11:17am On Jul 22, 2012
THIS HEADLINE IS JUST TRIBAL BAITING!

I am protesting the headline.

One obscure man from an unknown political organization does not constitue 'Ndigbo'!

This is just awful from Nairaland.

Provocative headlines to drive traffic. God is watching you.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by KINGwax(m): 11:17am On Jul 22, 2012
Business as usual,
1. The man needs cash from PDP..
2. Lagos state is a yoruba state so what if we decide no igbo in the cabinet.
3. Come to think of it, was is not a igbo state sacking non-indigenes the other time?
4. Shut your Bleep up i knw you're kept wishing for fact 1 above
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by smithll: 11:18am On Jul 22, 2012
lekkie073:
Lagos belong to potokis, so, naija belongs to the great britain. Bro, я u still living in the year 1624?
spot on bro.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by naptu2: 11:19am On Jul 22, 2012
grin Classic Nigerian politics. I was telling someone on another thread that the problem with Nigerian politics is not necessary the system (presidential system, monarchy, military rule, parliamentary system, etc), but the practice and the first step to correcting our problems is good civic education.

Our politicians have turned divide and rule into an art form. It's no longer about how good a politician is, is he able to deliver development, does his policy positively impact the lives of the citizens, no! It's about his religion, his ethnicity, his gender. . . Divide and conquer, so that we can steal without the citizens disturbing us. They are too busy battling themselves over ethnicity and religion to care how much we steal.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Dammy68(f): 11:21am On Jul 22, 2012
Oga omo ibo nawa o, if ibo constitute 90% as u av said wetin b hausa own and even d yorubas dat owns d land of lagos or is lagos no man's land as people like u claim. Na beg i beg think b4 u talk. Shikena
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Nobody: 11:23am On Jul 22, 2012
Delafruita:

Here is an addendum to the Constitution on Federal Capital Territory Act. Read it carefully and thoughtfully. I won't give you a free quote while you sit your lazy arse smoking weed. I want you to read read and read. You got to invest sometime on this. You Swine!
http://www.nigeria-law.org/Federal%20Capital%20Territory%20Act.htm
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by naptu2: 11:23am On Jul 22, 2012
I bet that if you give this man a contract and make him commissioner of xyz, he would not care what happens to the average igbo man on the streets and shops of Lagos. . . He would suddenly become a deaf mute or the biggest supporter of government.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Delafruita(m): 11:28am On Jul 22, 2012
samkoro:

How many yorubas pay tax in Anambra State ?

How many Yorubas voted peter Obi ?

Okorocha has someone from Rivers state in his cabinet ?

How many yorubas has contributed to a developement worth of N4million in the east ?

Was Anambra a former capital in which the Federal gov of Nigeria invested in ?
?
Is any one stopping you from going to the east as a Nigerian ?

Do you thing ur hate and courses is a seed that will create a better ethnic relationship bw Igbos and Yoruba ?

Do you think that appointing Akabueze as a commissioner two months to the end of Tinubus tenure was mature or commendable or a ridicle ?

Do you know that for every ethnic prank u play against any non-yoruba,another yoruba somewhere pays for it in a way ,because tribalism begets tribalism,no body has a monopoly of tribalism.

Do you know that an egalitarian society is an ideal society?

Do you know that duely giving political appointments to Igbos in Action congress of Nigeria is a show of appreciation for party loyalty,and maturity.

All I would advice is for Action congress to handle Lagos politics in such a way that will not breed more ethnic hatred now and in future.

I advice also that yorubas should abstain from and amend years of conspiracy with the federal gov. Which selected major import items to come in through Lagos port alone rather than calabar or port harcourt,thus the migration of Igbos to Lagos en mass.

Migration of easterners,south south and other Nigerians will not stop until certain developemental policies are changed,even when u refuse to sell land or rent houses.
did anybody force the igbos to come to lagos?is political appointment now meant to be a compensation?i now see why eastern stays are still caught in the trap of retrogression.so your governors just distribute appointment for political reasons and not because those appointtees can add to the development of the state.
use your head.rauf aregbesola served in tinubu's cabinet for 8years and wasnt even an indigene of lagos.lai mohammed served for 4years and is from kwara.micheal opeyemi bamidele served for 8years and is from ekiti,same as dele alake and many others.do you think those appointments were for political reasons?how many votes will lagos ACN get by appointing indigenes of those states to key positions?however,tinubu laid a foundation for appointing technocrats based on what they have to offer and not based on where they come freom and fashola has continued the trend.we would not allow igbotic sentiments derail the progress of lagos.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by lacasa: 11:31am On Jul 22, 2012
wesley80: How did he fail to "carry Ndigbo along"? By not building dedicated BRT lanes for Ndigbo? All these kind of talk only serve to subject the so called "Ndigbo" to ridicule IMO.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by EmmyBoy2(m): 11:31am On Jul 22, 2012
sambos994: People don't be fooled, I'm igbo and I think Fashola is doing an excellent job. Don't listen to the couple of drunks that call themselves the representative for the igbo community in Lagos
. I support u 100%. This faceless group shld be ignored. Relevance seekers. Where in Igbo land do u have a yoruba or northerner in the Governors cabinet? The ACN by having Akabueze Lagos have been more than accomodating.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Reply)

Poll: If Today Was Election Day, Who Would You Vote For? / Troops Repelled Attack In Pulka And Bitta(photos) / Wike’s Presidential Campaign Posters Surface In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.