Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos (47584 Views)

Mimiko’s Victory, End Of ACN In South-west – Afenifere / 3,000 LP Members Defect To ACN In Owo, Ondo / Breaking News! Pdp Defeats Acn In Lagos Bye-election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by lacasa: 11:31am On Jul 22, 2012
wesley80: How did he fail to "carry Ndigbo along"? By not building dedicated BRT lanes for Ndigbo? All these kind of talk only serve to subject the so called "Ndigbo" to ridicule IMO.

i wonnder O̲̣̣̥!

Everytime Ndigbo. Ndigbo Ɣ na

Today - Its either Govt has marginalised, or tomorrow -it will be boko bombs r targeting only Ndigo, the next day they'll say they dnt αve enuf states, not enuf local govts, etc undecided

Out of over 250 tribes in Naija, they r d most nagging one of all angry

Haba!! Wat more do they want

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by aryzgreat: 11:31am On Jul 22, 2012
Haryoryhemie: I heard someone talking abt APGA and PDP, both of dem are divided house already and for igbo people if u know dat lagos is not convient for u pls go back to ur state afterall ur land is flowing with milk and honey so why are u in lagos in d first place. Alreadly u people are constituting nuisance to d state.

ur ape fadaaaaaa!

U mean the yoriba nuisance as epitomized by the dirty mushin, iyana-ipaja, oshodi, ikotun, agege, ejigbo home of dirty yoribas who cook ewa inside gutter and channel their waste water into the gutter? or the nuisance as constituted by the kpomo mouth lazy yoriba agberos at bus stops jumping and punching in the air like praying mantis at bus drivers shouting 'owo-da' or the 'omo-niles' dat will always appear at every construction site to demand settlement? or the shylock land lords that will give u quick notice after 2 years in order to collect anoda 2 years rent upfront? or the 'owambe' party clowns dat would block a major access road to host party?

Please tell me who are really constituting nuisance in lagos! Dirty pig!
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by ypzilanti: 11:37am On Jul 22, 2012
naptu2: grin Classic Nigerian politics. I was telling someone on another thread that the problem with Nigerian politics is not necessary the system (presidential system, monarchy, military rule, parliamentary system, etc), but the practice and the first step to correcting our problems is good civic education.

Our politicians have turned divide and rule into an art form. It's no longer about how good a politician is, is he able to deliver development, does his policy positively impact the lives of the citizens, no! It's about his religion, his ethnicity, his gender. . . Divide and conquer, so that we can steal without the citizens disturbing us. They are too busy battling themselves over ethnicity and religion to care how much we steal.

Agree. It's too easy, really.

All T.A. Orji needs is to do after being ctiticized by Tinubu for bad performance is to abuse Awolowo.

After that, it turns to a Yoruba versus Igbo war fare. Everyone forgets the initial premise.

Same with Peter Obi...point to undeveloped Northern states as deflection from criticism from El Rufia.

Inside states they do the same: if you are from a different local government, they highlight that and avoid valid argument.

Is there any hope for this country?
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Delafruita(m): 11:39am On Jul 22, 2012
Danka7777:

Here is an addendum to the Constitution on Federal Capital Territory Act. Read it carefully and thoughtfully. I won't give you a free quote while you sit your lazy arse smoking weed. I want you to read read and read. You got to invest sometime on this. You Swine!
http://www.nigeria-law.org/Federal%20Capital%20Territory%20Act.htm
you either didnt read the quoted link or you are too daft to understand what it means.
first,thats a quote from the 1990 constituition which is obsolete.besides that quote doesnt in anyway make reference to "states that used to be federal capital territory".it was clearly stated that all reference were to abuja.how does that affect the situation in lagos?the 1999 constituition gurantees the right of any individual to seek election as governor in any state so long as they are nigerian and there were candidates of igbo extraction in the last election.however,when it comes to appointments,that is solely at the discretion of the governor and no federal law contradicts that
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by skimasks(m): 11:45am On Jul 22, 2012
JideTheBlogger:

I wonder oooo.
I'm an igbo guy, the guy just spoke for himself, I'll still vote fashola for presidency sef. If peter obi orr theodore orji is as bad as fashola, abia and anambra will be eldorado
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by aljharem(m): 11:48am On Jul 22, 2012
Ok first of all, it is democracy and people have every right to express their opinion on how they would vote.

@ Yorubas, I wonder why you are commenting ? Let them vote for whoever, I see no problem in that. It is the same treat we have been receiving since Jakande era. Anyone who knows his history would go read on Jakande politics on that time.

@ Igbos please don't allow yourselves to be use. Yes there would be an Igbo gov in Lagos soon enough but trying to force it would only cause unrest for everyone. Things that tend to take a natural process work out better. Already in Festac, we have an Igbo local government chairman. So relax and stop playing ethnic card.

Eko oni ba je o !
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 22, 2012
Delafruita:
you either didnt read the quoted link or you are too daft to understand what it means.
first,thats a quote from the 1990 constituition which is obsolete.besides that quote doesnt in anyway make reference to "states that used to be federal capital territory".it was clearly stated that all reference were to abuja.how does that affect the situation in lagos?the 1999 constituition gurantees the right of any individual to seek election as governor in any state so long as they are nigerian and there were candidates of igbo extraction in the last election.however,when it comes to appointments,that is solely at the discretion of the governor and no federal law contradicts that

You have serious problem with English language! Do you want me to write in YORUBA, honestly I would as this is a learning experience for you. However if you insist you are comfortable with English, fine. Now, Can you understand that this appendage applies retroactively? Do you know what the adverb "retroactively" mean? Your Primary English school teacher ought be arrested.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Delafruita(m): 11:50am On Jul 22, 2012
ypzilanti:

Nothing in the constitution prevents any Nigerian from running for office in any part of Nigeria.

Maybe you are not aware, but other tribes have ran for office and won in Lagos and Abuja (that I am aware of).

Democracy is a game of numbers. As elections become freer and fairer, you will see more of this in areas with huge migrant populations.

i know that.the constituition recognizes the rights of every nigerian to seek elective post irrespective of whether they are indigenes of the state or not.my grouse with him was his attempt to imply that the constituition makes a special case for "states that were once federal capital"
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 22, 2012
Delafruita:
i know that.the constituition recognizes the rights of every nigerian to seek elective post irrespective of whether they are indigenes of the state or not.my grouse with him was his attempt to imply that the constituition makes a special case for "states that were once federal capital"

Once again. yes! This applies retroactively!
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by boyendowed(m): 11:53am On Jul 22, 2012
Another Igbo bashing thread and the usual vultures have arrived.Mukina I can see your hand work
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Delafruita(m): 11:53am On Jul 22, 2012
aryzgreat:

U think ndigbo are tribal bigots like u tiger faced apes? How did ngige win election in anambra under ACN? can a prominent yoruba politician win election under APGA platform in any yoruba state? u think we have forgotten about funsho williams murder? just to make sure PDP never clinch lagos? We vote based on personality and not ur yoriba tribal voting pattern that made ACN sweep SW even with worst candidate as Ogun, ekiti, osun, and oyo are now showing with no dividend of democracy to show for their much 'progressives' campaign deceit.
who is this buffoon?what do you mean by tribal voting?is PDP not filled with yorubas in the southwest?is alao-akala from nasarrawa?is oyinlola from bayelsa?these people are yoruba as well but we in the southwest vote for progressives hence why we stuck with ACN.
whats the meaning of your reference to funsho williams?you need help
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Delafruita(m): 11:55am On Jul 22, 2012
Danka7777:

Thanks my brother. That is what I am trying to explain these nescients. I was only interpreting the Constitution for them but they still can't understand.
you were not interpreting the constituition.you were misinterpreting a 1990 schedule
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Delafruita(m): 11:56am On Jul 22, 2012
samkoro:

You thought pattern is 100yrs behind schedule.Why not buy the Nigerian costitution and read.Its not up to N500
i actually have my copy and all amendments and relevant acts
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by kelvincoll(m): 11:57am On Jul 22, 2012
whealthy: Tinubu even tried oo! He appointed one as commissioner! How many yoruba dey peter obi, okorocha, orji kalu or apkabio cabinet?
No be dia fault, make dem go Jos go form that crap. Rubbish!

Take it easy bro, d last time I checked, d CSO to Gov akpabio na yoruba man

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by emmatok(m): 11:59am On Jul 22, 2012
They want to start another ethnic-war in Lagos, all in the name of politics.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Caseless: 11:59am On Jul 22, 2012
Were was dz man when abia state sacked civil servants frm neighbouring states like abia,imo etc? We hav ibo in kano as adviser n lagos hav don dat ova d yrs,how many ppl hav their states aComodated? Sabon gari in kano they hav councilor..east cant gv u dz
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jul 22, 2012
Delafruita:
i actually have my copy and all amendments and relevant acts

Having a copy is irrelevant. What is relevant is: HAVE YOU READ THEM AND DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT THEY SAY. Anyone can have a copy. My dog has a copy on his mantle piece!
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by kelvincoll(m): 12:01pm On Jul 22, 2012
whealthy: Tinubu even tried oo! He appointed one as commissioner! How many yoruba dey peter obi, okorocha, orji kalu or apkabio cabinet?
No be dia fault, make dem go Jos go form that crap. Rubbish!

Take it easy bro, d last time I checked, d CSO to Gov akpabio na yoruba man. Apparently I don't think d dude is clamouring for ibos filling political positions in lagos I think his talking about effects of ACN administrations as concerns d socioeconomic welfare of ibos living in lagos.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Delafruita(m): 12:02pm On Jul 22, 2012
Danka7777:

You have serious problem with English language! Do you want me to write in YORUBA, honestly I would as this is a learning experience for you. However if you insist you are comfortable with English, fine. Now, Can you understand that this appendage applies retroactively? Do you know what the adverb "retroactively" mean? Your Primary English school teacher ought be arrested.
mind me not.a product of bad decayed educational system am i
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by emmatok(m): 12:02pm On Jul 22, 2012
caseless: Were was dz man when abia state sacked civil servants frm neighbouring states like abia,imo etc? We hav ibo in kano as adviser n lagos hav don dat ova d yrs,how many ppl hav their states aComodated? Sabon gari in kano they hav councilor..east cant gv u dz

gbam
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by ballabriggs: 12:03pm On Jul 22, 2012
In as much as I support the idea of a non-indigene of a state who has been resident of that state for a longtime being the Governor of the state, I am also forced to ask, what do some of these groups really want. The moment you bring Biafra, they tell you, "yes naaaa, na im we want". You mention Lagos, they tell you na we own Lekki and Alaba and should also be given our rightful place.

I think these are opportunists taking advantage of the ignorance of a lot of people to make money off them. I lived in Owerri for some years and I know what I am talking about. I used to read papers with the free readers group at Maris Junction in Ikenegbu. You see a so-called representative of some of these groups come around to feed the people with wrong information. For example, one told them, Igbo being Jews, were being considered by Israel for a free border passage on the actualisation of Biafra. You had all sorts of phony and dodgy groups coming to feed the Okada riders at that place with fake news daily.

Wake up people, this is another 'agbata eke' group.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Delafruita(m): 12:05pm On Jul 22, 2012
Danka7777:

Once again. yes! This applies retroactively!
so now you intend to say every section of the constituition applies to the many years before the constituition came into effect.so the electoral act 2010 applies to elections in 2007.the EFCC acts applies to crimes before the act was enacted.
you're dumber that i thought
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by PointB: 12:07pm On Jul 22, 2012
rhymz: It appears all the claims of Yoruba people being politically savvy is afterall a myth, giving the comments here, it does not take a super brain to decipher that some Yoruba people just like to argue out of context.
The man made a polittical declaration as an Igbo leader in Lagos, instead of you lot to debate issues based the political context in which such statement was made, you all are busy talking about Yorubas being accomadating and all that crap. That they are accommodating is for their own good as well, in case una no know. And you lot like it or not, Igbos in Lagos have a nunber that can not be ignored by any serious Political party that aims to win, ACN inclusive. They may not be 40% of Lagos population but they constitute a number bloc that can actually take votes away from any party if they so want. So all that threat of Yorubas being accomoding and nice will not suffice when push turns to shove. If ACN is so sure of the fact that Igbos can't do anything then let them ignore them and see how other parties especially the PDP will take advantage of such a careless political blunder.
And for a fact, ACN has not done much to help Igbos in Lagos, instead more Igbos have been pushed by Tinubu controlled Fashola government to the point where markets that have Igbos doing business have been targeted for outright closure for flimsy reasons that defiles common sense, Tejuosho market is a typical example. To the point they threatened to provide them with buses back to their villages if they can't stand the highhandedness of the ACN government.
Fashola is trying no doubt but he has not done any favour for the Igbos in the context of their bloc vote to him, that is a fact. Instead, many of them have lost more businesses and sent packing due to their obnoxious tax regimes and forceful evictions from their business places without any serious alternatives. Abi na only when elections come na in them dey remember Igbo votes ni? Whatever achievements Igbos have made in Lagos should not be attributed to any Yoruba's accommodating whatever, no be only Lagos get Igbo people in Large quantity, Kano, Kaduna and even Sokoto has large Igbo communities and they as well yse their numbers there too to campaign and negotiate with the governments of these places. Make una no dey reason like say una dey do anyone any favourm it us getting annoying.

Thank you rhymz for being spot on in this matter. What many (yoruba and Igbos) alike who based their argument on 'accommodating' don't realise is that 'accomodation' and 'tolerance' is already enshrined in the constitution, and as such should not be up for discussion. Besides, the 'accommodators' and accomodated are all serving their personal interest. And those who think or act otherwise only invite soldiers and men of the JTF to their doors - ask Bornu and Plateau state how far?

Now back to the issue at hand, Matthew Ogbonnia merely imply that Ndigbo may opt to vote for PDP if things don't change for the better before 2015. What serious minded people should ask is 'what kind of change does he want? Did he ask for political appointment? Did he ask for better development agenda? Did he ask for favourable terms for Igbo business concerns? Is there any reason to suggest that any of those are out of place for an individual or group to ask on behalf of a voting block in a democracy?

At any rate, he didn't even suggest voting an Igboman as governor of Lagos in the next election (not that it would be wrong), but he only suggested voting for PDP. And PDP has good if not enviable records in some parts of Nigeria ie Enugu, Rivers.

Now if PDP can identify and nominate someone like Fashola, Chime, Amaechi, Rochas, or Akpabio as their candidate, not only Igbos but other ethnic groups in cosmopolitan Lagos will rally behind such, and PDP. Strategic group and personal interest will play a major role in 2015 voting pattern.

If AC.N thinks Lagosians are ignorant of their fumblings in states like Ogun (air conditioned footbridge) and Osun (elusive construction), then they are in for a shocker.

When Fashola leaves in 2015, Lagos will be up for grabs, and the people will in their wisdom vote for the right man, not party. So the sooner AC.N and her troop of 'accommodating' bigots started paying attention to the needs of voting blocks, the better for them.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by drealsirhid: 12:08pm On Jul 22, 2012
amosy007: @ PointB

In any case Matthew Ogbonnia Idam speaks for me, and perhaps a lot of Igbos.

is it ur money? Are south westerners complaining? Despite

all that which state is rated number in Nigeria?

so why dnt u ask same igbo man to go and talk and build their erosions, kidnappers, filled abia and imo states. Atleast to control d number of people running outa SE for greener pasture

if they(parties) have done all whatchu said .. Why dnt to pack ur things and move back to d east.. Afterall no one begged or force u to come to lagos.. Shikena
grin
amosy007: @ PointB

In any case Matthew Ogbonnia Idam speaks for me, and perhaps a lot of Igbos.

is it ur money? Are south westerners complaining? Despite

all that which state is rated number in Nigeria?

so why dnt u ask same igbo man to go and talk and build their erosions, kidnappers, filled abia and imo states. Atleast to control d number of people running outa SE for greener pasture

if they(parties) have done all whatchu said .. Why dnt to pack ur things and move back to d east.. Afterall no one begged or force u to come to lagos.. Shikena
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by amosy007: 12:09pm On Jul 22, 2012
gboss4sure:

E dey pain u? U can't change the fact that if igbos don't vote can pdp takes over. Please show me pics of these erosion you are talking about
i dnt like derailing threads with uneccesary pictures.. Buh google is ur friend
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by aryzgreat: 12:09pm On Jul 22, 2012
caseless: Were was dz man when abia state sacked civil servants frm neighbouring states like abia,imo etc? We hav ibo in kano as adviser n lagos hav don dat ova d yrs,how many ppl hav their states aComodated? Sabon gari in kano they hav councilor..east cant gv u dz

Ewu! a yoruba man is in sullivan chime's cabinet!
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by naja2: 12:10pm On Jul 22, 2012
mu2sa2: The man is only telling the world that he is now in PDP and campaigning for the party. As a typical naija man he has to tribalize it. Simple.
spot on! just bring tribe into ur agenda in Nigeria, then u are good to go. You get instant support from a ready waiting pool of bigoted and myhopic people. All major issue in Nigeria are considered on the alter of ethnic and religious jingoism. No wonder years after d world has moved on we are still on d same spot.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by boyendowed(m): 12:11pm On Jul 22, 2012
kelvincoll:

Take it easy bro, d last time I checked, d CSO to Gov akpabio na yoruba man. Apparently I don't think d dude is clamouring for ibos filling political positions in lagos I think his talking about effects of ACN administrations as concerns d socioeconomic welfare of ibos living in lagos.

Please tell them.It's either people cannot comprehend simple English or they are just plain stupid
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Cusubaba(m): 12:11pm On Jul 22, 2012
lekkie073: These pests called igbos never cease to be amazing. U leave ur erosion-ridden villages for better life in lasgidi. We welcomed u because we pitied d fact that d FGN ravaged u when u wanted to secede. Now u want more...small time u go ask for chieftancy titles from our kings. Ur time will soon be up. Go back to idemili and develop d snake-infested jungle u call ur homes. Nansense!
ugly diety animal, wake up from ur slumber. Lagos was formal Nigeria capital and it was general money that government used to developed Lagos. Apart from Lagos, other South west states are diety, under develop and my village in the East is better than Ekiti state, Ondo, etc
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Aifey(m): 12:13pm On Jul 22, 2012
obxddon: I keep begging people on here not to smoke before they post anything.....Wet weed is bad for your brain..
The man in question is not speaking for the igbo people in Lagos,how many igbo people belong to his so-called organization in Lagos and some people should stop generalizing wen some one from a section of the country says anything,Don't use it to generalize and insult other people from that tribe because they said something.

I have met a lot of Yoruba people that are backstabbers and snitch,some that are dirty,some that are cowards....Dat does not mean that is how the rest Yoruba people are,..I have met Ibo men that can kill for money,sell their daughter during marraige and also enjoy kidnap business but not all the ibos do that,.......I have met warri and Binnin people who have no other jobs but 419 and are very fetish in nature yet that are hundreds of people from that area that are Godly and very nice.......

Once again people who write rubbish and try to tribalize and generalize..please stop smoking wet weed before you comment on topics on this site.
Seconded.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by playahP(m): 12:13pm On Jul 22, 2012
I believe this guy is speaking for self!!!! Fashola is the best thing that has happened to lagos despite the fact he aint perfect!!! He has ma vote!!! I guess dat makes me ndigbo!
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Caseless: 12:14pm On Jul 22, 2012
kelvincoll:

Take it easy bro, d last time I checked, d CSO to Gov akpabio na yoruba man
Gov akpabio na ibibio d last tym i chekd..and he's frm d SS nt SE...Whre the ibo agitators come frm. Ibo cant gv u wat they'r lukin 4 in oda st8

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Reply)

Governor Yahaya Bello Stoned In Kogi / Peter Obi: 'Obidient' Rally In Bauchi State (Photos) / SSS Displays Documents Recovered From APC Office In Lagos(with images)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.