Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,210 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos (47577 Views)

Mimiko’s Victory, End Of ACN In South-west – Afenifere / 3,000 LP Members Defect To ACN In Owo, Ondo / Breaking News! Pdp Defeats Acn In Lagos Bye-election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Nobody: 9:33am On Jul 22, 2012
The non-yoruba population in lagos should just come together and give block vote to pdp just to set the records straight,not because someone promised them appointment or anything.lagos was a former fct,so nobody should be making noise about being tolerant of other tribes.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by TheDoc: 9:34am On Jul 22, 2012
PointB: In any case Matthew Ogbonnia Idam speaks for me, and perhaps a lot of Igbos.

Watching Tinubu pockets all those billions of Naira every month with Fashola standing arms akimbo and deaf mute is nauseating. About time this ungodly thieving empire being built by Tinubu is crumbled.

And yes, Igbo people (as well as other ethnic groups, including Yoruba) are suffering in Lagos with this massive looting going on. Fashola is working, Lagos is flooding, Tinubu is chopping, people are suffering. If it takes an Igboman by the name Matthew Ogbonnia Idam, to bring it all to the fore, so be it.

APGA and PDP have delivered in states like Imo, Akwa Ibom and Enugu, I am sure they will deliver in Lagos State, especially from the gang of thieves who currently hold sway over its treasury. Time for change will come in 2015, non indigenes will dump AC.N if Yoruba fails to see reasons. Lagos, nay, Nigeria is for all of us.
CAN U PLS KEEP YOUR MOUTH QUITE? Thank you
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by waja(m): 9:36am On Jul 22, 2012
I'm an Igbo man, but I believe that man is on his own. If He was appointed by Fashola instead of Ben Akabueze, He would have kept mum the way Akabueze is keeping. Pls allow us to vote according to our individual wish and not collectively as We mistakingly deed for GEJ who flooded every appointment with Hausas @ the expense of other tribes.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Pozzy(m): 9:37am On Jul 22, 2012
obxddon: I keep begging people on here not to smoke before they post anything.....Wet weed is bad for your brain..
The man in question is not speaking for the igbo people in Lagos,how many igbo people belong to his so-called organization in Lagos and some people should stop generalizing wen some one from a section of the country says anything,Don't use it to generalize and insult other people from that tribe because they said something.
T
I have met a lot of Yoruba people that are backstabbers and snitch,some that are dirty,some that are cowards....Dat does not mean that is how the rest Yoruba people are,..I have met Ibo men that can kill for money,sell their daughter during marraige and also enjoy kidnap business but not all the ibos do that,.......I have met warri and Binnin people who have no other jobs but 419 and are very fetish in nature yet that are hundreds of people from that area that are Godly and very nice.......

Once again people who write rubbish and try to tribalize and generalize..please stop smoking wet weed before you comment on topics on this site.
Wet weed.. Lool
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Nobody: 9:40am On Jul 22, 2012
Yomieluv: This man funny die,what else does he want?no be him fault,na the yorubas wey allow them get rest of mind to own many shops in lagos,how many yoruba s can try that in their state?let them try that in the north?i trust abokis,them go massacre them one time.
why dont you start the massacre in lagos so that your dream of re-modelling lagos after yobe,borno states can be actualized?perhaps you will take refuge in the atlantic ocean to avoid the consequences.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by inice(m): 9:44am On Jul 22, 2012
sheyguy: The same set of Igbo pple who culdn't unite against their common enemy in the east are claiming one igbo in Lagos. Lagosians have been too accomodating to these folks.
What do u mean by Lagosians have been too accommodating for these folks. Igbos are now FOLKS.
May God have mercy on all of us in Nigeria. Igbos 2 yorubas and vice-versa. U 4get that every tribe has a part to play anywhere I dis country.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Skipfr(m): 9:45am On Jul 22, 2012
PointB: In any case Matthew Ogbonnia Idam speaks for me, and perhaps a lot of Igbos.

Watching Tinubu pockets all those billions of Naira every month with Fashola standing arms akimbo and deaf mute is nauseating. About time this ungodly thieving empire being built by Tinubu is crumbled.

And yes, Igbo people (as well as other ethnic groups, including Yoruba) are suffering in Lagos with this massive looting going on. Fashola is working, Lagos is flooding, Tinubu is chopping, people are suffering. If it takes an Igboman by the name Matthew Ogbonnia Idam, to bring it all to the fore, so be it.

APGA and PDP have delivered in states like Imo, Akwa Ibom and Enugu, I am sure they will deliver in Lagos State, especially from the gang of thieves who currently hold sway over its treasury. Time for change will come in 2015, non indigenes will dump AC.N if Yoruba fails to see reasons. Lagos, nay, Nigeria is for all of us.
sharap ur dirty mouth
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by BabaO2: 9:46am On Jul 22, 2012
They will never stop exposing their weaknesses and desperation?. Have they been voting for UPN/ACN before ?
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by ayox2003: 9:47am On Jul 22, 2012
Slizbeat: ACN win o0, PDP win o0, CPC win o0, ANPP win o0, LP win o0, APGA win o0, FRESH win o0, e no b my biznes. Shey na dm dy gv me food? Dnt tink so.

Can you imagine? SMH.

Frawzey.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Nobody: 9:49am On Jul 22, 2012
whealthy: Tinubu even tried oo! He appointed one as commissioner! How many yoruba dey peter obi, okorocha, orji kalu or apkabio cabinet?
No be dia fault, make dem go Jos go form that crap. Rubbish!

Some Nigerians honestly have no common sense. Can you get it into your heads that Lagos was a former capital of Nigeria? As is it with Abuja, F.C.T; today, it was developed by the federal government and has a great deal of diversity. If this were Ogun, Ondo, Ekiti and many others, I will be against appointing any ethnic group besides yorubas into office. Same goes with Anambra, Enugu, Imo and others; political appointments should be assigned to natives of that land. Lagos and Abuja are different, as they are former and present capitals respectively.

I know many of you would be shocked to hear this: Igbos, Hausas and all other ethnic groups ought to be able to run for a political office in Lagos, includes office of the governor. Many of you haven't even read the Constitution. Do you know what the Constitution says about a state that becomes a Federal Capital Territory? There some clear lines in it about this...

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by waja(m): 9:49am On Jul 22, 2012
obxddon: I keep begging people on here not to smoke before they post anything.....Wet weed is bad for your brain..

Once again people who write rubbish and try to tribalize and generalize..please stop smoking wet weed before you comment on topics on this site.
. My bros, U excluded kai kai (quick action)
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by logica(m): 9:49am On Jul 22, 2012
What state are you from? As in what state (of origin) do you fill out in those myriad of forms?
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by ifeci: 9:50am On Jul 22, 2012
Billyonaire: Every analytical mind should try to find out, what percentage of the voting populace is Ndigbo, and if Ndigbo makes up to one-third of the voting Populace then voting for PDP will be monumental success and should be taken seriously. Being "carried along" is important. If you keep demolishing the "places of interest" of Ndigbo like their market, Stores and keep increasing the Tenement rates in Lekki Phase 1 and VGC where majority of the property owners are Ndigbo, then you incur the wrath of these progressive Easterners. ACN under Fashola did so great in rehabilitation of roads and engaging Area boys and beautification, but this Fashola's second term, he has done nothing, I have not witnessed any new developmental strides, the roads under construction are the PPP projects that are tolled and paid for, by our tax money, for the next 30 yrs under the LCC and the rail way line to Badagry is a loan from World Bank.... Ndigbo is a force to reckon with, and if ACN wants to retain Lagos, Ndigbo has to be "carried along". A word is enough for the wise__________ BillyOnaire

una dey work on sunday too? na wa o
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by inice(m): 9:52am On Jul 22, 2012
chima12: why dont you start the massacre in lagos so that your dream of re-modelling lagos after yobe,borno states can be actualized?perhaps you will take refuge in the atlantic ocean to avoid the consequences.
My brother are u shortsighted or under-age? Very close to my house in my village a yoruba man and his igbo-woman wife own a chemist shop where I sometimes go to relax and discuss. The igbo community is Neva tribalistic. I should also commend lagos. But some folks are making mess of true federalism.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Haryoryhemie(f): 9:52am On Jul 22, 2012
No mind dem. They see toto den dey find hair
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by ozoebuka1(m): 9:53am On Jul 22, 2012
u guys should stop jumping into conclusion like cluess chumps! anybody can comeout and say anyfin. did dat man call all d ibo guys to tell dem not to vote 4 acn? even if he did, does dat mean dat i will follow his words? from the information ringing out from ma brain, dat guy never said that!!! please @poster stop labelling igbo guys with bad name! thanks.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by otunba9ja: 9:54am On Jul 22, 2012
MY QUESTIONS

1. WHAT IS D PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF D IGBO COMMUNITY IN LAGOS AND IN EVERY PART OF NIGERIA

2. IS THE ASSOCIATION FORMED TO ENGAGE IN DIRECT PARTICIPATION OF POLITICS AND GOVERNANCE OF THEIR HOST STATE.

3. HOW MANY NORTHERNERS, WEST OR S/S IS CURRENTLY IN THE CABINET OF ANY SOUTH EAST STATE GOVTS.

4. IS THE IGBO COMMUNITY PLANNING TO SPONSOR CANDIDATES INTO LAG. STATE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY.

5 IS THE ASSOCIATION CONCERNED ABOUT GOOD GOVERNANCE : ROADS, GOOD SCHOOL 4 THEIR CHILDREN, ETC OR.......

6. WHO SAYS THAT THIS ASSOC IS A REFLECTION AND TRUE REPRESENTATION OF ALL THE MATURED, EDUCATED AND RATIONAL IGBO LIVING IN LAGOS.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by amosy007: 9:54am On Jul 22, 2012
PointB

If Nigeria is to be divided so be it, many of us want that. But until then, live goes on for those who believe in a united country and are willing to live by such tenets.

nigeria is divided within.. Even when nigeria name continue to exist it wnt stop division within

You compare Lagos to Kano and Jos, meanwhile I don't see JTF in Lagos. If you want Lagos to be compared to retrogressive states like Borno, start ethnic or religiously motivated strife and killings and let's have JTF patroling about the town and shooting like demented devils, then you can proudly stick out your tongue and vomit bigotry against the Igboman and by extension none indigenes.[quote]

so when orji uzor kalu sacked all none indigenes.. It's not bigotry abi? Remove d plank in ur eyes b4 u remove others own

[quote]
But if Lagos must continue to be a shinning light, it's residents cannot afford to pick and choose when to be tolerant and when not to be. The significant ethnic mix in Lagos will always have a say in the governance of this very cosmopolitan state, and people like you will have to live with it. People (including none indigenes) will aspire for the highest possible office whichever state the find themselves provided the constitution allows it. If Yoruba or Hausa man believe they have the number and leverage to exert political pressure in any SE or SS state, let them do so. Picking on the ambition of the Igboman due to fear, jealousy or other primordial sentiment does nothing to help your case. It's one freaking Nigeria our forebear fought for, we should live it, or end it completely!
so what stops d indigbo from aspiring for d highest political office in cosmolitan city of kano? D last time i check kano has highest number of people in nigeria, And its cosmopolitan enough for any tribe to aspire for political office.. Why must it always be lagos?
(if not 4 d too accomodating nature of d yorubas)
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by inice(m): 9:56am On Jul 22, 2012
waja: . My bros, U excluded kai kai (quick action)
U are funny
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Nobody: 9:56am On Jul 22, 2012
I find it hard to believe this story! But if its true then its a pity that a lunatic will just open his infected mouth and talk trash! I don't think there is any other state in nigeria that has been more accomodating than lagos state. lagos state have treated igbos well more than even our own states of origin.so I will advise that dude to STFU and mind his business and stop painting igbo pple black!
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by yemobrown(m): 9:58am On Jul 22, 2012
If ACN thinks the igbos are living in fools paradise based on expectaions, ACN should ignore d group statement but prepare to vacate for other yoruba party that may resurface. ALLIANCE FOR DEMOCRACY or a national party PDP. a word is enough for the wise!

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by ypzilanti: 10:00am On Jul 22, 2012
Who is this guy? What group is he representing?

Before this post, nobody here ever heard of him or his organization (the one person that knows him should correct me if I am wrong).

I'm Igbo but methinks Igbos are voting for Fashola and not ACN as a party.

What Igbos should be doing is lobby for development in Igbo majority areas of Lagos.

What does Ben Akabueze's appointment do for me as a person. Why are these tribal warriors so dumb?

What's his name can run for election himself and see how he will fare.

Oya...Tribal Warriors can take over the thread now.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by bjdon: 10:00am On Jul 22, 2012
The man in question is not speaking for the igbo people in Lagos,how many igbo people belong to his so-called organization in Lagos and some people should stop generalizing wen some one from a section of the country says anything,Don't use it to generalize and insult other people from that tribe because they said something.

I have met a lot of Yoruba people that are backstabbers and snitch,some that are dirty,some that are cowards....Dat does not mean that is how the rest Yoruba people are,..I have met Ibo men that can kill for money,sell their daughter during marraige and also enjoy kidnap business but not all the ibos do that,.......I have met warri and Binnin people who have no other jobs but 419 and are very fetish in nature yet that are hundreds of people from that area that are Godly and very nice.......

Very well said brother. I wish more Nigerians could take this approach.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Abagworo(m): 10:00am On Jul 22, 2012
Another disastrous rigging strategy in place for 2015. Please my Igbo brothers don't allow yourselves to be used to destabilize the peaceful Lagos.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Haryoryhemie(f): 10:01am On Jul 22, 2012
I heard someone talking abt APGA and PDP, both of dem are divided house already and for igbo people if u know dat lagos is not convient for u pls go back to ur state afterall ur land is flowing with milk and honey so why are u in lagos in d first place. Alreadly u people are constituting nuisance to d state.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Nobody: 10:01am On Jul 22, 2012
inice:
My brother are u shortsighted or under-age? Very close to my house in my village a yoruba man and his igbo-woman wife own a chemist shop where I sometimes go to relax and discuss. The igbo community is Neva tribalistic. I should also commend lagos. But some folks are making mess of true federalism.
my post was directed to yomiluv or whatever his name is.perhaps you missed the post that I quoted ?
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 22, 2012
One_Naira: If they do not want to vote for ACN, I say more power to them. It is there God given right to choose the political party they wish to vote for, though I am glad and sadden at the same time it is only non-yoruba groups are seeing ACN for what it truly is. Seriously are people that blinded by "tribe", that they honestly act beyond what they preach? The same people that would condemn and insult PDP would shout and scream "ACN" the next minute even though both ACN and PDP are two features from the same bird; the only difference is ACN is using tribalism to push their support while PDP is using terrorism. I mean common people, ACN increased school prices in all state they held in, they increased prices in pretty much every thing, the only political party that its leader spent so much money in a freaking cake talkless a party, a political party that tried to trick and steal from doctors, among other sh1t. They throw people change and snatch a huge chunks of money and the people would scream and shout "fresh air". WTF is wrong with Nigerians?

I think the reason Matthew gave in urging Igbo people not to vote for ACN is stup1d, very stup1d but the guy got it right. I fear if ACN ever gets there hand in Nigeria presidency or other political power outside of SW, I tremble for this country. Zimbabwe would be a saint compared to what Nigeria would become (if the country is still one)

No, don't get it wrong. Lagosians know that ACN is a bad party but they are also aware that PDP is a bigger monster.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by whealthy(m): 10:02am On Jul 22, 2012
Danka7777:

Some Nigerians honestly have no common sense. Can you get it into your heads that Lagos was a former capital of Nigeria? As is it with Abuja, F.C.T; today, it was developed by the federal government and has a great deal of diversity. If this were Ogun, Ondo, Ekiti and many others, I will be against appointing any ethnic group besides yorubas into office. Same goes with Anambra, Enugu, Imo and others; political appointments should be assigned to natives of that land. Lagos and Abuja are different, as they are former and present capitals respectively.

I know many of you would be shocked to hear this: Igbos, Hausas and all other ethnic groups ought to be able to run for a political office in Lagos, includes office of the governor.
Why aint you running for office there? Did you not mention FORMER capital? So what? because it was former capital means the indegenes lose there right to select there leaders? If the ibo, hausa etc fill up all the posts, where will indigenous Lagosians work? When last was a Yoruba or ibo appointed as FCT minister? And that is still the capital oo!
Since you ve descended to trading insult instead of articulatin your arguement and pasin such across (like a sensible being). Go and bring your nutcase father that bred a slowpoke like you to contest in 2015 nd get indigbo to vote him in. f**kin c**t

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by ozoebuka1(m): 10:02am On Jul 22, 2012
from the information reaching me, their wont be any election come 2015...hahahaha.. it will be by appointment and rochas will be appointed as the president... be it of nigeria or of biafra
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by lekkie073(m): 10:02am On Jul 22, 2012
These pests called igbos never cease to be amazing. U leave ur erosion-ridden villages for better life in lasgidi. We welcomed u because we pitied d fact that d FGN ravaged u when u wanted to secede. Now u want more...small time u go ask for chieftancy titles from our kings. Ur time will soon be up. Go back to idemili and develop d snake-infested jungle u call ur homes. Nansense!

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by logica(m): 10:07am On Jul 22, 2012
lekkie073: These pests called igbos never cease to be amazing. U leave ur erosion-ridden villages for better life in lasgidi. We welcomed u because we pitied d fact that d FGN ravaged u when u wanted to secede. Now u want more...small time u go ask for chieftancy titles from our kings. Ur time will soon be up. Go back to idemili and develop d snake-infested jungle u call ur homes. Nansense!
Don't speak in general terms. Only 2 or 3 Igbo people have spoken in support of this dude so far. Speak to those 2/3 and leave the generality out of it.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by ozoebuka1(m): 10:08am On Jul 22, 2012
amosy007: PointB

nigeria is divided within.. Even when nigeria name continue to exist it wnt stop division within

kano was never a capital get dat into ya head! why was obasanjo the governor of f.c.t, huh?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Reply)

Presidential Tribunal: APC Mocks Atiku On Twitter (Photos) / Thousands Of Enugu Youths Continue #endsars Protests / Ooni Leads Yoruba Monarchs To Welcome Tinubu To Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.