Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,029 members, 7,818,037 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? (11559 Views)

Why You Should Be Very Careful What Church You Attend - A MUST READ! / 10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church / Will You Attend These Type Of Churches?(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by Patsey: 8:02pm On Jul 22, 2012
oladayo042: I go to church because I have to.

Typical 3 year old answer grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by lepasharon(f): 8:13pm On Jul 22, 2012
to join the ushering ministry,so potential suitors see me well
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by deleo16(m): 8:24pm On Jul 22, 2012
Billyonaire: To showcase my new fashion
To sit close a beautiful chic and write fat cheque at plain sight for tithe, once the chic sees it, I get her BB pin, dont ask what follows
To listen to motivational speeches
guy u funny ooo
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by deleo16(m): 8:31pm On Jul 22, 2012
sarutobie: Christainity is NOT about going to church on sundays..its a way of life..when you see a true christain,the presence of christ exudes from his/her being..through his/her speech,dressing,accomplishments,interaction with others around them..and so forth..
true talk christianity is more than going to church the church u go will not take u to heaven but ur way of life . but dont neglect the brethen gathering
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by Lebee4(m): 8:32pm On Jul 22, 2012
umechuma: I don't go Nigerian Churches anymore because 90% of churches in Nigeria are fake and money hungry.
I read my Bible at home and make research on what I don't understand online.
Go to a Nigerian Church,Never again!!
Do not forsake the gathering of the Brethren.
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by Lebee4(m): 8:39pm On Jul 22, 2012
Oluesther: I go to Church because God said we should not forsake the gathering of the saints.

I go to Church to be sharpened. Proverbs 27:17 says "Iron sharpeneth iron....".

I go to Church to hear the Word of God and to receive spiritual impartation.

I go to Church to meet and interact with my fellow christians. No man is an Island.

Test whatever any pastor tells you with the scriptures. Does it go in line with the Word of God? If yes, do it. Does the Bible say you should pay tithes, give offerings, sow seeds, live holy, etc.; do them all. Forget about what the money is used for.

Except a man (or woman) be born again, he (or she) cannot see the kingdom of God.

Hope U all went to Church today.
Remain blessed!
The most reasonable point to keep these Anti-Christ on Nairaland quite.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by schorlbone(m): 8:39pm On Jul 22, 2012
gramci:

Crazy bast!ard
are you insane
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by youngchopper(m): 8:39pm On Jul 22, 2012
alaoeri: Chicks plenty for winners & christ embassy. wink
gals go kill u.
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by schorlbone(m): 8:39pm On Jul 22, 2012
stagger:

After years of living, believing and admiring communist philosophies (plenty of books written by Karl Marx, Vladimir Lenin, Kim Il-Sung and Kim-Jong Il still dey my papa house), did I take special permission from you to become a Christian and start attending my present church?

What truth are you talking about?
Islam-the way of life.
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by youngchopper(m): 8:39pm On Jul 22, 2012
alaoeri: Chicks plenty for winners & christ embassy. wink
gals go kill u. Na money go kill me :p
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by boyendowed(m): 8:59pm On Jul 22, 2012
Nairaland has become two things now...Igbo bashing and Christian bashing forum

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by omoredia: 9:05pm On Jul 22, 2012
I aint goin to church or mosque! I hate all the allah-mohammed shit I see and hear on the news!
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by Bella3(f): 9:11pm On Jul 22, 2012
I go to church becoz it strengthens my faith to see other believers.
May i add that christains do nt be discouraged becoz it is written dat 'on the last days, the love of many shall wax cold' and 'many shal come in my name sayin lord lord' let us nt be decieved becoz we have the scriptures. Your pastor wil nt account for u neither wil ur parents or any1 atall. We have the scripture.
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by schorlbone(m): 9:13pm On Jul 22, 2012
omoredia: I aint goin to church or mosque! I hate all the allah-mohammed shit I see and hear on the news!
wata bout tha jesus-trinity poo?
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by Detongue: 9:14pm On Jul 22, 2012
I hope d same question will b ask about 'd other religion'
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by ibhena(m): 9:26pm On Jul 22, 2012
Privy: @ OP, People go to church for all sorts of different reasons like some of the ones you mentioned in your initial post. However, it would be wrong to assume that those are the reasons why the majority of Christians attend their current churches.

I can give you some reasons why some of the Christians go to church:
1. To worship alongside other Christians and learn more about God.
2. Good/positive social interaction.
3. Spiritual growth and strength.
4. A need for counselling on/solution to a certain physical/emotional/financial/spiritual challenge.
5. An opportunity to serve God by helping/teaching/influencing others.
6. Depth of teaching/preaching of the pastor/preachers in the church.
7. Music (how well the choir sings).
8. How efficiently organized the church is.
9. The positive impact of the church (or some of her members) on its (or their) community/neighbours.

All the reasons and many more unmentioned can affect the church one attends. If you've been to more than one church, then you would have observed that no two churches are the same when these factors I listed above are considered.

From a Christian perspective, I think it's improper to judge someone until you know, explicitly, why he attends a certain church, regardless of what your opinions about the church (or her members/pastor(s)) are.
I concur!
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by mallorca(m): 9:33pm On Jul 22, 2012
umechuma: I don't go Nigerian Churches anymore because 90% of churches in Nigeria are fake and money hungry.
I read my Bible at home and make research on what I don't understand online.
Go to a Nigerian Church,Never again!!
keep it up grin
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by Butoneday2(m): 9:37pm On Jul 22, 2012
(1) Because i need a spiritual food,
(2) To sing and dance to the glory of God.
(3) To thank him for what he has done and what he's about to do. Cos he is my creator na him brougth me into dis world. JESUS IS LORD.
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by Oluwateledemi: 9:40pm On Jul 22, 2012
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by ismhab(m): 9:54pm On Jul 22, 2012
SO AS TO MAKE MONEY.
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by senben(m): 9:55pm On Jul 22, 2012
Why de question we have reasons 4 going jst as de constitutions give freedom of association so does the bible mandate xtians not 2 forsake the gathering of Gods people...it also said"@ de end falls prophet will come".
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by Ninilowo(m): 9:56pm On Jul 22, 2012
I was born a baptist and still remain there cos: 1. It is not own by any individual. 2.Pastors are salary workers too and they dont ask u to double tithe or rain curses on any1 that doesnt pay tithe. 3. I enjoy the songs from baptist hymnal. There are songs for every human conditions unlike whatt we have all around now. Imagine where a pastor asks the congregation to dance awilo for Jesus.
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by Delafruita(m): 10:03pm On Jul 22, 2012
i dont attend church
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by boxerss: 10:06pm On Jul 22, 2012
The same bible u claim to be reading at home should tell u dat Jehovah said dat "where more dan one are gathered in My Name, i am there with dem"
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by pat077: 10:10pm On Jul 22, 2012
begwong:
wat baffles me is; u neva see front page topics against islam or muhammad from those godless mods
they're afriad of boko haram.
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:12pm On Jul 22, 2012
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by stagger: 10:14pm On Jul 22, 2012
Delafruita: i dont attend church

So why are you here? The topic is:

why do you attend church? So what are you doing here?
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:16pm On Jul 22, 2012
Ninilowo: I was born a raptist and still remain there cos: 1. It is not own by any individual. 2.Pr.ostitutes are salary workers too and they dont ask u to double tithe or rain curses on any1 that doesnt pay tithe. 3. I enjoy the sex from raptist hymns. There are sex for every human conditions unlike whatt we have all around now. Imagine where a p.rostitue asks the congregation to dance awilo for myself.

shocked
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by crackhouse(m): 10:17pm On Jul 22, 2012
This is the kind of thing Seun will like to put on the front page so that christians will quarrel, fight & slander themselves because it gives him{seun} joy seeing it. I bet u if this is a muslim related thread, u will not see it on the front page. How many muslim thread have u seen on the front page?. Christians make una be wise o.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by NeuroBoss(m): 10:24pm On Jul 22, 2012
I can see this topic came from a disillusioned mind if not he should've told us what his reasons for going to church are or the reason why he chose to be what he is (if he's not a Christian). You're an example of what the French call "un vaurien" or what the Spanish call "noƱada". Pardon my language if u eventually find out what these meant but honestly, that's what you're!
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by Lordave: 10:30pm On Jul 22, 2012
Emmy9ite: #signing in...........

I go to church to have a broader knowledge of the bible and thats why i have remained in my church......i was born and raised in the catholic church,i wont change for anything..
bible ke, 4 Catholic? Abi na rosary u wan talk. @op I attend my church (AGC) cuz I haven't been taught there anything contradictory to wat the most PERFECT Book teaches.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Thread For Those Who Want To Draw Close To God. / Jesus Christ Perform Solat / To Become A Nigerian Pastor: What Qualification Is Needed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.