Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,991 members, 7,828,504 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? (11566 Views)

Why You Should Be Very Careful What Church You Attend - A MUST READ! / 10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church / Will You Attend These Type Of Churches?(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by ENRYDVYNEENT: 10:08am On Jul 23, 2012
the question depends on what your understanding of the word church means.
2 or more people gathered in the name of jesus under the unction of the holy ghost can be classified as a church.but ultimately i prefer to use the word fellowshipping with brethren as the church terminology has been taken out of context to mean individual congregations.whereas jesus is actually coming to pick one church ,one body..for further enlightenment try reading ephe 4.
so to answer your question i fellowship with brethren to hear from each person what is on the mind of God.
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by tintingz(m): 11:37am On Jul 23, 2012
samkoro: Christians should not be naïve and ignorant.All the anti christian threads that are both at the front page and the religious forum are posted by the moslems as part of their satanic war called jihad.
To this effect I call on all christians to copy and send this accross to everyone u know ,both moslems and christians in and outside nairaland at every opportunity via emails and tex messages.Let us fight ignorance and the devil.
Differences Between Muhammad and Jesus
Muhammad...
Jesus...
Mohmd Said Allah hates those who don't accept Islam.
(Qur'an 30:4, 3:32, 22:38)
Jesus. Said God loves everyone.
(John 3:16)
Mohamed "I have been commanded to fight
against people till they testify that there
is no god but Allah, and that Muhammad
is the messenger of Allah"
(Muslim 1:33)
Jesus. "He who lives by the sword
will die by the sword."
(Matthew 26:52)
Mohamed. Stoned women for adultery.
(Muslim 4206)
Jesus. "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."
(John 8:7)
Mohamed. Permitted stealing from unbelievers.
(Bukhari 44:668, Ibn Ishaq 764)
Jesus. "Thou shalt not steal."
(Matthew 19:18)
Mohamed. Permitted lying.
(Sahih Muslim 6303, Bukhari 49:857)
Jesus. "Thou shalt not bear false witness."
(Matthew 19:18)
Mohamed. Owned and traded slaves.
(Sahih Muslim 3901)
Jesus. Neither owned nor traded slaves.
Mohamed. Beheaded 800 Jewish men and boys.
(Sahih Muslim 4390)
Jesus. Beheaded no one.
Mohamed Murdered those who insulted him.
(Bukhari 56:369, 4:241)
Jesus. Preached forgiveness.
(Matthew 18:21-22, 5:38)
Mohamed. "If then anyone transgresses
the prohibition against you,
Transgress ye likewise against him"
(Qur'an 2:194)
Jesus. "If someone strikes you on the right
cheek, turn to him the other also."
(Matthew 5:39)
Mohamed. Jihad in the way of Allah elevates one's position in Paradise by a hundred fold.
(Muslim 4645)
Jesus "Blessed are the peacemakers, for
they will be called Sons of God"
(Matthew 5:9)
Mohamed. Married 13 wives and kept sex slaves.
(Bukhari 5:268, Qur'an 33:50)
Jesus. Was celibate.
Mohamed. Slept with a 9-year-old child.
(Sahih Muslim 3309, Bukhari 58:236)
Jesus. Did not Be Intimate with children.
Mohamed. Ordered the murder of women.
(Ibn Ishaq 819, 995)
Jesus Never harmed a woman.
Mohamed. "O you who believe! Fight those of the
unbelievers who are near to you
and let them find in you hardness."
(Qur'an 9:123)
Jesus "Blessed are the meek, for
they shall inherit the earth."
(Matthew 5:5)
Mohamed. Ordered 65 military campaigns
and raids in his last 10 years.
(Ibn Ishaq )
Jesus Ordered no military campaigns, nor
offered any approval of war or violence.

Mohamed Killed captives taken in battle.
(Ibn Ishaq 451)
Jesus Never took captives.
Never killed anyone.
Mohamed Encouraged his men to Molestation enslaved women.
(Abu Dawood 2150, Qur'an 4:24)
Jesus Never encouraged Molestation.
Never enslaved women.
Mohamed. Demanded captured slaves and
a fifth of all other loot taken in war.
(Qur'an 8:41)
Jesus "The Son of Man came not
to be served, but to serve."
(Matthew 20:28)
Mohamed. Was never tortured, but tortured others.
(Muslim 4131, Ibn Ishaq 436, 595, 734, 764)
Jesus Suffered torture, but never tortured anyone.
Mohamed. "And fight them until there is no more persecution and religion is only for Allah"
(Qur'an 8:39)
Jesus. "Love your enemies and pray
for those who persecute you"
(Matthew 5:44)
Mohamed Blessed the brutal murder of a half-blind man
(al-Tabari 1440)
Jesus Healed a blind man
(Mark 8:28)
Mohamed Ordered a slave to build the very pulpit
from which he preached Islam.
(Bukhari 47:743)
Jesus Washed his disciples feet.
(John 13:5)
Mohamed What are the Greatest Commandments?
"Belief in Allah and Jihad in His cause"
(Muslim 1:149)
Jesus What are the Greatest Commandments?
"Love God and love thy neighbor as thyself."
(Matthew 22:34-40)
Mohamed Demanded the protection of armed bodyguards, even in a house of worship
(Qur'an 4:102)
Jesus Chastised anyone attempting
to defend him with force.
(John 18:10-12)
Mohamed Died fat and wealthy from what was
taken from others in war or
demanded from others in tribute.
Jesus Demanded nothing for himself.
Died without possessions.
Mohamed Advocated crucifying others.
(Qur'an 5:33, Muslim 16:4131)
Jesus gave his life for others, Was crucified himself.
Mohamed. According to his followers:
Had others give their lives for him.
(Sahih Muslim 4413)
Jesus. According to his followers:
Gave his life for others.
(John 18:11 and elsewhere
you this gentile again have i not rebuke this your same anti-islam site trash...exposing your biblical three headed gods(trinity)
https://www.nairaland.com/975670/boko-haram-killed-more-muslims/5
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by vangorg: 11:42am On Jul 23, 2012
Christians shd go 2 churh/synagogue or assemlies or religious gatherings 2 learn believe, follow n teach the followings:
The term "church" s meant the body of christians, or more precisely, the professional priesthood which has taken upon itself the task of formulating doctrines n rituals as well as rendering certain religious services in accordance wit wat r believed 2 b the teachings of jesus christ. "The church" may also mean the sect 2 which an individual christian belongs. All the main christian churches, or sects, teach the following as the principal dogmas, or articles of faith 2 b believed in witout question:
1) there's 1 god.
2) in god there r 3 devine persons, the father, the son n the holy ghost, the holy spirit. Ds 3 persons r called the blessed trinity. They r equal n they r eternal i.e. They v no beninning no end. They r 3 gods, bt 1 god. 3) the father s god n the 1st person of the blessed trinity.
4) the son s god n the 2nd person of the blessed trinity. He s jesus christ who s god n who took the human form. He was born of a virgin mary about 2thousand yrs ago in palestine, ws crucified, died n rose again frm the dead. His death n suffering on the cross ws intended 2 b a sacrifice 4 the 4gvness of the sins of men. Ds s called atonement, n he s entitled the savior n the redeemer.
5) the holy spirit s the 3rd person of the trinity. After the death of christ the holy spirit descended upon the apostles(or early missionaries) of christ, n the spirit continues 2 lead the church or all the churches.
6) every human child bears wit hm the stain of wat s called the "original sin" inherited frm the transgression of adam.
7) baptism, the ceremony of sprinkling somebody wit water, or, according 2 some sects immersing him in water, as making his being accepted as a member of the church, and belief in christ's atonement s the only means whereby man shall b saved.
cool The word bible comes the greek biblia, meaning "books". It a collection of many books which forms the foundation of christian belief. Admittedly written by large no of authors, know n unknown.bt dos authors r beleived 2 hav bn inspired by god n they wrote the books under the supervision n guidance of god, hence the bible s reffered 2 as the word of god. apart frm later inspirations 2 various religious leaders as men of god, pastors to prophecise n formulate other doctrines.the catholic bible, hweva, s somewat different frm the protestant bible. The former consist of 73books, while the latter has only 66books.
In general the bible s divided into 2 main portions, the old testament which ws written b4 d advent jesus christ about after 536BC, after wen the jews returned frm the babylonian captivity, n the new testament which ws written after jesus christ n describes the life n teachings of jesus christ n the activities of his desciples, or apostles, in spreading the xtian faith, it ws collected n accepted as legal in the fourth centuary, councel of nicea about 367AD. Besides the 4 gospels(describing the life n teaching of christ) wic r in the bible, there r a no of oda gospels wic were nt accepted by the church elders, n sm of dem r available evn 2de. The books wic could v formed part of the bible, n indeed were n r accepted by sm xtians, bt wic the main body of the xtians church rejected, r called the apocrypha, greek word meaning "hidden". The new teastament contains also the letters addressed 2 various christians groups n individuals. These letters were written mostly by paul, a jew who converted 2 xtianity n became a chief exponents of the xtian faith as it known 2de, he has at times described the true founder of mordern xtianity. The officialy accepted books r called "canonical". Its ds canonical books of the bible wic r regarded as The Word Of God.
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by Audukaya: 12:37pm On Jul 23, 2012
I go to church to pick a nice chick 4 my sunday. No more no less
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by kunletech: 12:58pm On Jul 23, 2012
Poster! if u don't have work to do, why not silent instead of demostrating ur foolishness online
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by Oluesther(f): 1:01pm On Jul 23, 2012
micklplus:

You are very sensible and I like you! U didn't insult the OP like others and you made an attempt to see to the enquiries of the OP. Even though I am not compelled to buy your points, I respect people like you ALWAYS

Thanks!
But please respect God and buy His points.
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by vemmawealth(f): 1:33pm On Jul 23, 2012
tintingz: you this gentile again have i not rebuke this your same anti-islam site trash...exposing your biblical three headed gods(trinity)
https://www.nairaland.com/975670/boko-haram-killed-more-muslims/5

So you are one of those deceived by mohammed (Peace cannot possibly be upon him!!!)

Let me tell you about d deception called Islam. Allah is an arabic word meaning "the god". It is not d arabic word for God. The arabic word for God is "illah". Thats why you say "La illah ill Allah" meaning "there is no god but Allah"

The grand father of Mohammed (Abdul Muttalib) served Allah and named his son, AbdAllah(the servant of Allah). AbdAllah is the father of Mohammed (Peace cannot possibly be upon him!!!)and he's "servant of Allah"

There's also Allat(meaning the goddess) She is mentioned in the Qur'an (Sura 53:19), pre-Islamic Arabs considered her as one of the daughters of Allah along with Manāt and al-‘Uzzá.

The shrine and temple dedicated to Allat in Taif was demolished by Abu Sufyan ibn Harb, on the orders of Mohammed (trying to cover anything that points to his claim that allah has no child), during the Expedition of Abu Sufyan ibn Harb, in the same year as the Battle of Tabuk..

So if Allah ("the God"wink dates back to Mohammed's grand father (pre-islamic era) and has female counterparts (Allat,Manāt and al-‘Uzzá ) believed by pre-islamic arabs to be his daughters, it then means Mohammed (Peace cannot possibly be upon him!!!) was not introducing a new God as he claimed but only militantly imposed his family idol on fools like you and you gullibly bought it.

Your Allah told muhammed to snatch the wife of his adopted son zaid and he did. In Surah 33:36-37 hear him "when Zaid had completed d divorce, we gave her unto u in marriage............the commandment of Allah must be fulfilled. it is wrong for a believer, when a matter has been decided by Allah & his Apostle, to have option abt their decision and anyone who disobey has gone into error". It then means its the will , decision & commandment of Allah for Zaid and Zaynab to divorce and for Mohammed to marry her. No circumstance or accusation from any quarter was responsible.

Better get out of deception

Your Allah e
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by honourlaja(m): 4:23pm On Jul 23, 2012
Let's get dis right, YOU are the CHURCH, where u worship God is the building. You are not complete without others. You are only a part of the body, you need others to make a complete body. Forget what your pastor do with your money, a lot of them would probably not make Heaven because of Money. But be on your guard so you don't miss Heaven which is the target of all of us.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by fabj1(m): 1:54pm On Jul 24, 2012
I do coz God is there.
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by Xorenxo(m): 2:39pm On Jul 24, 2012
I attend the Synagogue Church Of All Nations because the interpretation of the Christian Bible is strictly by the Holy Spirit .the Knowledge of the Bible by the man of God there has been responsible for the powerful work being wrouth in the church.If you truly believe Jesus Christ you will also be able to perform the wonderful works as well as being truly saved-unlike several of the other churches who dramatizes the words of God but have no visible powers.In the Synagogue ,there is no comeback later for your miracle s or you will meet your miracles at home.It is life and direct.A situation where about 50,000 people who came to the church every Sunday will not go home with their problems ,I think is a good situation.So,I recommend church for every pastors so that they can stop saying the lies being propagated by satan by the enemies of the church

Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by donchido(m): 8:11pm On Jul 24, 2012
stagger: I switched to my present church because I needed to have a more complete understanding of Christianity and I can say that I have not been disappointed. I have made more progress in my life since then than I have ever made previously.

iydm..pls wat is d name of the church??
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by vangorg: 6:46pm On Jul 25, 2012
vangorg: Christians shd go 2 churh/synagogue or assemlies or religious gatherings 2 learn believe, follow n teach the followings:
The term "church" s meant the body of christians, or more precisely, the professional priesthood which has taken upon itself the task of formulating doctrines n rituals as well as rendering certain religious services in accordance wit wat r believed 2 b the teachings of jesus christ. "The church" may also mean the sect 2 which an individual christian belongs. All the main christian churches, or sects, teach the following as the principal dogmas, or articles of faith 2 b believed in witout question:
1) there's 1 god.
2) in god there r 3 devine persons, the father, the son n the holy ghost, the holy spirit. Ds 3 persons r called the blessed trinity. They r equal n they r eternal i.e. They v no beninning no end. They r 3 gods, bt 1 god. 3) the father s god n the 1st person of the blessed trinity.
4) the son s god n the 2nd person of the blessed trinity. He s jesus christ who s god n who took the human form. He was born of a virgin mary about 2thousand yrs ago in palestine, ws crucified, died n rose again frm the dead. His death n suffering on the cross ws intended 2 b a sacrifice 4 the 4gvness of the sins of men. Ds s called atonement, n he s entitled the savior n the redeemer.
5) the holy spirit s the 3rd person of the trinity. After the death of christ the holy spirit descended upon the apostles(or early missionaries) of christ, n the spirit continues 2 lead the church or all the churches.
6) every human child bears wit hm the stain of wat s called the "original sin" inherited frm the transgression of adam.
7) baptism, the ceremony of sprinkling somebody wit water, or, according 2 some sects immersing him in water, as making his being accepted as a member of the church, and belief in christ's atonement s the only means whereby man shall b saved.
cool The word bible comes the greek biblia, meaning "books". It a collection of many books which forms the foundation of christian belief. Admittedly written by large no of authors, know n unknown.bt dos authors r beleived 2 hav bn inspired by god n they wrote the books under the supervision n guidance of god, hence the bible s reffered 2 as the word of god. apart frm later inspirations 2 various religious leaders as men of god, pastors to prophecise n formulate other doctrines.the catholic bible, hweva, s somewat different frm the protestant bible. The former consist of 73books, while the latter has only 66books.
In general the bible s divided into 2 main portions, the old testament which ws written b4 d advent jesus christ about after 536BC, after wen the jews returned frm the babylonian captivity, n the new testament which ws written after jesus christ n describes the life n teachings of jesus christ n the activities of his desciples, or apostles, in spreading the xtian faith, it ws collected n accepted as legal in the fourth centuary, councel of nicea about 367AD. Besides the 4 gospels(describing the life n teaching of christ) wic r in the bible, there r a no of oda gospels wic were nt accepted by the church elders, n sm of dem r available evn 2de. The books wic could v formed part of the bible, n indeed were n r accepted by sm xtians, bt wic the main body of the xtians church rejected, r called the apocrypha, greek word meaning "hidden". The new teastament contains also the letters addressed 2 various christians groups n individuals. These letters were written mostly by paul, a jew who converted 2 xtianity n became a chief exponents of the xtian faith as it known 2de, he has at times described the true founder of mordern xtianity. The officialy accepted books r called "canonical". Its ds canonical books of the bible wic r regarded as The Word Of God.
Original sin

In the old testament the 1st book, genesis, has the story of creation n the fall of man. Thus s described the fall of adam frm grace.
"The lord god took the man n put him in the garden of eden 2 till it n keep it. And the lord god commanded the man, sayin, "u may freely eat of every tree of the garden; bt of the tree of knowledge of gud n evil u shall nt eat, 4 in the day dat u eat of it u shall die" Genesis 2:15-16

Adam, however, persuaded by his wife, eve, transgressed god's command n ate of the forbidden tree of knowledge. God cursed dem both, punished dem 4 dia transgression.

To the woman he said; "i will greatly multiply ur pain in childbearing; in pain u shall bring forth children, yet ur desire shall b 4 ur husband, n he shall rule over u"

And 2 adam he said; " because u v listened 2 the voice of ur wife, n v eaten of the tree of wic i command u, "u shall nt eat of it", cursed s the ground cos of u; in toil u shall eat of it all the days of ur life; thorns n thistles it shall bring forth 2 u; n u shall eat the plants of the field. In the sweat of ur face u shall eat bread till u return 2 the ground, 4 out of it u were taken, u r dust, n 2 dust u shall return." Genesis 3:16-19

On account of their sin, the church teaches, adam n eve lost santifying grace, the ryt of heaven n dia special gift; they bcame subject 2 death, 2 suffering n 2 a strong inclination 2 evil n they were driven frm the garden of paradise, on accound of adam's sin all human beings r born deprived of sanctifyin grace n inherited his punishment. Dis s wat s called the original sin.

St. Paul's theology developed the doctrine of original sin 2 justify another doctrine, redemption by the death of jesus on the cross. In his letter 2 the romans he wrote:

"Therefore as sin came into the world thru 1 man n death thru sin, n so death spread 2 all men because all men sinned-sin indeed ws in the world b4 the law ws given, bt sin s nt counted where there s no law. Yet death resigned frm adam 2 moses, even over those whose sins were not like the transgression of adam, who was a type of the 1 who was 2 come. But the free gift s nt like the trespass. For if many died thru 1 man's trespass. Much more v the grace of god n the free gift in the grace of dat one man jesus christ abounded for many." Romans 5:12-15

To the corinthians st. Paul wrote: "for as in adam all die, so also in christ shall all b made alive" 1corinthians 15:22

The pauline doctrine of original sin s, howeva, contradicted by oda passages frm the bible. In deuteronomy, 4 e.g, wic s 1 of the 5 bools of torah, moses says: "the father shall not b put 2 death 4 the children, nor shall the children b put 2 death 4 dia fathers; every man shall b put 2 death 4 his own sin" deuteronomy24:16

In jeremiah we read: "in dos days they shalno longer say; "the father v eaten sour grapes, n the children's teeth r set on edge." Bt every one shall die 4 his own sin; each man who eats sour grapes, his teeth shall b set on edge" Jeremiah31:29-30

And in ezekiel it s more categorically stated: "yet u say, y shd nt the son suffer 4 the iniquity of the father? Wen the son has done wat s lawful n ryt, n has bn careful 2 observe all my statutes, he shall nt suffer 4 the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer 4 iniquity of the son; the righteous of the righteous shall b upon himself, n the wickedness of the wicked shall b upon himself" ezekiel18:19-20

In the new testament too there s the evidence of jesus himself contradicting the theory of inherited sin:

"As he passed by, he(jesus) saw a man blind frm his birth, and his disciples asked, "rabbi, who sinned, dis man or his parent, dat he ws born blind?" Jesus answered, "it ws not ds man sinned, nor his parents, bt dat the works of god myt b made manifest" John9:1-3

Contrary 2 the teachings of the church, wic goes underhis name, dat all children r born in sin, jesus christ confirms dia innocence in the following passage frm the gospel according 2 matthew:

"Truly, i say 2 u, unless u turn n become lyk children u will neva enter the kingdom of heaven" matthew 18:3

Thus we c dat the doctrine of inherited sin propounded by paul as in his 1st letter 2 the corinthians(quoted above) s contradicted by god n moses in more authoritative evidence frm the bible, namely deuteronomy, jeremiah n ezekiel (all of the old testament) as well as by jesus christ in the gospels according 2 john n matthew(in the new testament). The church hweva s inclined 2 disregard the categorical evidence of the torah, the. Prophets n the gospels, wic form the main part of the bible, n rely on the letters of st. Paul wic 4 no earthly reason were appended 2 n den incorporated in the bible.

But who s ds Paul?
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by vemmawealth(f): 3:46pm On Jul 28, 2012
vangorg:
Original sin

In the old testament the 1st book, genesis, has the story of creation n the fall of man. Thus s described the fall of adam frm grace.
"The lord god took the man n put him in the garden of eden 2 till it n keep it. And the lord god commanded the man, sayin, "u may freely eat of every tree of the garden; bt of the tree of knowledge of gud n evil u shall nt eat, 4 in the day dat u eat of it u shall die" Genesis 2:15-16

Adam, however, persuaded by his wife, eve, transgressed god's command n ate of the forbidden tree of knowledge. God cursed dem both, punished dem 4 dia transgression.

To the woman he said; "i will greatly multiply ur pain in childbearing; in pain u shall bring forth children, yet ur desire shall b 4 ur husband, n he shall rule over u"

And 2 adam he said; " because u v listened 2 the voice of ur wife, n v eaten of the tree of wic i command u, "u shall nt eat of it", cursed s the ground cos of u; in toil u shall eat of it all the days of ur life; thorns n thistles it shall bring forth 2 u; n u shall eat the plants of the field. In the sweat of ur face u shall eat bread till u return 2 the ground, 4 out of it u were taken, u r dust, n 2 dust u shall return." Genesis 3:16-19

On account of their sin, the church teaches, adam n eve lost santifying grace, the ryt of heaven n dia special gift; they bcame subject 2 death, 2 suffering n 2 a strong inclination 2 evil n they were driven frm the garden of paradise, on accound of adam's sin all human beings r born deprived of sanctifyin grace n inherited his punishment. Dis s wat s called the original sin.

St. Paul's theology developed the doctrine of original sin 2 justify another doctrine, redemption by the death of jesus on the cross. In his letter 2 the romans he wrote:

"Therefore as sin came into the world thru 1 man n death thru sin, n so death spread 2 all men because all men sinned-sin indeed ws in the world b4 the law ws given, bt sin s nt counted where there s no law. Yet death resigned frm adam 2 moses, even over those whose sins were not like the transgression of adam, who was a type of the 1 who was 2 come. But the free gift s nt like the trespass. For if many died thru 1 man's trespass. Much more v the grace of god n the free gift in the grace of dat one man jesus christ abounded for many." Romans 5:12-15

To the corinthians st. Paul wrote: "for as in adam all die, so also in christ shall all b made alive" 1corinthians 15:22

The pauline doctrine of original sin s, howeva, contradicted by oda passages frm the bible. In deuteronomy, 4 e.g, wic s 1 of the 5 bools of torah, moses says: "the father shall not b put 2 death 4 the children, nor shall the children b put 2 death 4 dia fathers; every man shall b put 2 death 4 his own sin" deuteronomy24:16

In jeremiah we read: "in dos days they shalno longer say; "the father v eaten sour grapes, n the children's teeth r set on edge." Bt every one shall die 4 his own sin; each man who eats sour grapes, his teeth shall b set on edge" Jeremiah31:29-30

And in ezekiel it s more categorically stated: "yet u say, y shd nt the son suffer 4 the iniquity of the father? Wen the son has done wat s lawful n ryt, n has bn careful 2 observe all my statutes, he shall nt suffer 4 the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer 4 iniquity of the son; the righteous of the righteous shall b upon himself, n the wickedness of the wicked shall b upon himself" ezekiel18:19-20

In the new testament too there s the evidence of jesus himself contradicting the theory of inherited sin:

"As he passed by, he(jesus) saw a man blind frm his birth, and his disciples asked, "rabbi, who sinned, dis man or his parent, dat he ws born blind?" Jesus answered, "it ws not ds man sinned, nor his parents, bt dat the works of god myt b made manifest" John9:1-3

Contrary 2 the teachings of the church, wic goes underhis name, dat all children r born in sin, jesus christ confirms dia innocence in the following passage frm the gospel according 2 matthew:

"Truly, i say 2 u, unless u turn n become lyk children u will neva enter the kingdom of heaven" matthew 18:3

Thus we c dat the doctrine of inherited sin propounded by paul as in his 1st letter 2 the corinthians(quoted above) s contradicted by god n moses in more authoritative evidence frm the bible, namely deuteronomy, jeremiah n ezekiel (all of the old testament) as well as by jesus christ in the gospels according 2 john n matthew(in the new testament). The church hweva s inclined 2 disregard the categorical evidence of the torah, the. Prophets n the gospels, wic form the main part of the bible, n rely on the letters of st. Paul wic 4 no earthly reason were appended 2 n den incorporated in the bible.

But who s ds Paul?

U tell us. Ez 8:15-16 predicted Islam as great abomination and it came to pass.
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by vangorg: 4:31pm On Jul 28, 2012
vemmawealth:

U tell us. Ez 8:15-16 predicted Islam as great abomination and it came to pass.
St. Paul

St. Paul ws a jew whom ws born in tarsus in wat s nw turkey. Wen he ws born the country ws part of roman empire, n thus although by race a n religion a jew, he yet enjoyed the privilege of being a roman citizen. St. Paul ws nt 1 of the disciples chosen by jesus in his life-time. Indeed there s no indication dat he eva met jesus. Wat s known. S dat he ws fanatical in hatred 4 xtians, n engaged himself in houndin out xtians frm hidin n bringin dem 2 b tortured n killed. He ws present at the stoning of st. Stephen, the 1st xtian martyr.

While on his way 2 damascus he s reported 2 v experience a vision of christ, n thus became a staunch propagator of xtianity which he claimed had been revealed 2 him by jesus in vision. Dis "revealed" version of xtianity ws fundamentally different frm wat the chosen disciples of jesus knew 2 b the teachin of the master, so dat there ws a serious conflict btw paul n the original followers of christ who like jesus had never deviated frm the law of moses n the strict judaic monotheism.

The only son of god

In the four gospels of the bible there r a no of references 2 jesus christ as the "son of god". The following r a few examples:

"And wen the centurion, who stood facing him, saw dat he thus breathed his last, he said, "truly dis man ws the son of god" mark 15:39

And the angel said 2 her, "the holy spirit will come upon u, n the power of the most high will overshadow u; therefore the child 2 b born will b called holy, the son of god." Luke 1:35

And they all said, "are u the son of god, then?" and he said 2 dem, u say dat i am." Luke 22:70

He trust in god; let god deliver him now, if he desires; for he said, "i am the son of god." Matthew 27:43

And weneva the unclean spirits beheld him, they fell down b4 him n cried out, "u r the son of god." And he strictly ordered dem nt 2 make him known. Mark3:11-12

And wen he came 2 the oda side, 2 the country of gadarenes, 2 demoniac met him, coming out of the tombs, so fierce dat no 1 could pass dat way. And behold, they cried out, "wat v u 2 do wit us, o son of god? V u come here 2 torment us b4 the time?" Matthew 8:28-29

In the gospels of matthew, mark n luke there r abt 22 such references 2 jesus as the son of god, bt in all of dem nt once dd he call himself so. Matthew 27:43 quoted above refers 2 the allegation of the chief priest wit the scribes n elders who mocked him. It ws nt 1st hand reporting of jesus's own statement by the author of the gospel. It ws normally either madmen, the so called demoniac n unclean spirits, or pagan roman soldiers. Who reffered 2 him as the son of god. His own preference ws for the title of ben adam, wic just meant man or son of man. The title s repeated about 80times in the gospels. His jewish persecutors out of malice alleged dat he claimed 2 b the king of jews dat he might incure the wrath of the roman rulers, n dat he claimed 2 b the son of god 2 enrage the jewish people, as being blasphemous.

Rfancis young, lecturer in the new testament studies at birmingham university, writing in the "myth of god incarnate" says: " apart frm john where interpretive material s clearly placed upon the lips. Of jesus, the gospels invariably portray not jesus bt others as using phrases like the "holy one of god", or "son of david", or "son of god". Alone of all the titles "son of man" regularly appears as used by jesus himself...."

It shd b remembered dat at the time of jesus it ws commonplace 2 invest wit divinity not only non-existent mythological figures but historian mortals as well. Laertus, the pagan author of the lives of the philosophers, writes of a no of philosophers as being sons of god. Plato ws described as being of divine parentage; n so ws phythagoras who ws supposed 2 b the incarnate son of the gos hermes. Empedocles ws alleged 2 b a mortal god who healed the sick, n his followers worshiped him n prayed 2 him. Plutarch regards it as beyond dat alexander the great ws of divine descent n romolus the legendary ancestor of the romans ws the son of mars, the god of war. He w supposed 2 v been raised 2 heaven in a cloud. An inscription of 48 B.C. refers 2 julius caesar as "god manifest offering of ares n aphrodite n common savior of human life". Another inscription referring 2 augustus caesar says: "the emperor caesar, son of god, god augustus, overseer of land n sea."

The titles of "god" , "son of god", n "lord" being common n widespread in the mediterranean region about the time of jesus could not but influence the general public who were not deeply infused wit the judaic monotheism, caught by the awe of his special miracle done by him by god's will. They were terms loosely used by all n sundry.
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by vemmawealth(f): 9:35am On Jul 29, 2012
vangorg: St. Paul

St. Paul ws a jew whom ws born in tarsus in wat s nw turkey. Wen he ws born the country ws part of roman empire, n thus although by race a n religion a jew, he yet enjoyed the privilege of being a roman citizen. St. Paul ws nt 1 of the disciples chosen by jesus in his life-time. Indeed there s no indication dat he eva met jesus. Wat s known. S dat he ws fanatical in hatred 4 xtians, n engaged himself in houndin out xtians frm hidin n bringin dem 2 b tortured n killed. He ws present at the stoning of st. Stephen, the 1st xtian martyr.

While on his way 2 damascus he s reported 2 v experience a vision of christ, n thus became a staunch propagator of xtianity which he claimed had been revealed 2 him by jesus in vision. Dis "revealed" version of xtianity ws fundamentally different frm wat the chosen disciples of jesus knew 2 b the teachin of the master, so dat there ws a serious conflict btw paul n the original followers of christ who like jesus had never deviated frm the law of moses n the strict judaic monotheism.

The only son of god

In the four gospels of the bible there r a no of references 2 jesus christ as the "son of god". The following r a few examples:

"And wen the centurion, who stood facing him, saw dat he thus breathed his last, he said, "truly dis man ws the son of god" mark 15:39

And the angel said 2 her, "the holy spirit will come upon u, n the power of the most high will overshadow u; therefore the child 2 b born will b called holy, the son of god." Luke 1:35

And they all said, "are u the son of god, then?" and he said 2 dem, u say dat i am." Luke 22:70

He trust in god; let god deliver him now, if he desires; for he said, "i am the son of god." Matthew 27:43

And weneva the unclean spirits beheld him, they fell down b4 him n cried out, "u r the son of god." And he strictly ordered dem nt 2 make him known. Mark3:11-12

And wen he came 2 the oda side, 2 the country of gadarenes, 2 demoniac met him, coming out of the tombs, so fierce dat no 1 could pass dat way. And behold, they cried out, "wat v u 2 do wit us, o son of god? V u come here 2 torment us b4 the time?" Matthew 8:28-29

In the gospels of matthew, mark n luke there r abt 22 such references 2 jesus as the son of god, bt in all of dem nt once dd he call himself so. Matthew 27:43 quoted above refers 2 the allegation of the chief priest wit the scribes n elders who mocked him. It ws nt 1st hand reporting of jesus's own statement by the author of the gospel. It ws normally either madmen, the so called demoniac n unclean spirits, or pagan roman soldiers. Who reffered 2 him as the son of god. His own preference ws for the title of ben adam, wic just meant man or son of man. The title s repeated about 80times in the gospels. His jewish persecutors out of malice alleged dat he claimed 2 b the king of jews dat he might incure the wrath of the roman rulers, n dat he claimed 2 b the son of god 2 enrage the jewish people, as being blasphemous.

Rfancis young, lecturer in the new testament studies at birmingham university, writing in the "myth of god incarnate" says: " apart frm john where interpretive material s clearly placed upon the lips. Of jesus, the gospels invariably portray not jesus bt others as using phrases like the "holy one of god", or "son of david", or "son of god". Alone of all the titles "son of man" regularly appears as used by jesus himself...."

It shd b remembered dat at the time of jesus it ws commonplace 2 invest wit divinity not only non-existent mythological figures but historian mortals as well. Laertus, the pagan author of the lives of the philosophers, writes of a no of philosophers as being sons of god. Plato ws described as being of divine parentage; n so ws phythagoras who ws supposed 2 b the incarnate son of the gos hermes. Empedocles ws alleged 2 b a mortal god who healed the sick, n his followers worshiped him n prayed 2 him. Plutarch regards it as beyond dat alexander the great ws of divine descent n romolus the legendary ancestor of the romans ws the son of mars, the god of war. He w supposed 2 v been raised 2 heaven in a cloud. An inscription of 48 B.C. refers 2 julius caesar as "god manifest offering of ares n aphrodite n common savior of human life". Another inscription referring 2 augustus caesar says: "the emperor caesar, son of god, god augustus, overseer of land n sea."

The titles of "god" , "son of god", n "lord" being common n widespread in the mediterranean region about the time of jesus could not but influence the general public who were not deeply infused wit the judaic monotheism, caught by the awe of his special miracle done by him by god's will. They were terms loosely used by all n sundry.

What is your point?
Re: Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? by vangorg: 10:21pm On Jul 29, 2012
vemmawealth:

What is your point?
my point is:
The myths around dos oda personalities, mythological n historical, were strikinly similar 2 dos later adopted by xtian in the case of the prophet jesus, on whom b peace. Francis young in his essay, 'Two Roots or a Tangled Mass?' Writes inter alia: "moreover, 1 cannot dismiss out of hand the view dat somethin of the same kind happened in the case of jesus. There r, 2 take bt 1 example, general similarities btw Livy's account of Romolus n some synoptic narratives about Jesus: a virgin birth, conception by a god, a remarkable career, no trace of his remains after death, an appearance after death 2 commision his successors, the offering of prayers 2 him. It would b impossible 2 make a convincin case 4 direct influence; bt pple livin at roughly the same time do seem 2 v produced mythological accounts wit parallel motifs."

To return 2 the bible, wen Jesus ws brought b4 the court he refused 2 concure 2 the charge dat he claimed 2 b the son of god as madmen n pagans had been propagating about him: And the high priest stood up n said: "have u no answer 2 make? Wat s it dat ds men testify against u?" Bt jesus ws silent. And the high priest said 2 him, "i adjure u by the living god, tell us if u r the christ, the son of god." Jesus said 2 him. "U v said so. Bt i tell u hereafter u'll c the son of man seated at the right hand of power, n coming on the clouds of heaven." Matthew26: 62-64.

The 3 gospels of matthew, mark n luke(called "synoptic" meaning common view cos they agree in form n content) do not refer 2 jesus as the "only" son of god. It s the gospel of john wic lays special stress on the divinity of jesus, n calls him the only son of god.

"And the word bcame flesh n dwell among us, full of grace n truth; we v beheld his glory, glory as of the only son frm the father." John1:14

"For god so loved the world dat he gave his only son, dat whoever believes in him should not perish bt v eternal life." John3:16

Wat s special about the use of the term "son of god"? Going through the bible wr find such terms being used in reference 2 many odas besides jesus christ. In the old testament, all of it havin been written b4 the birth of Jesus we find the following examples:

"Wen men began 2 multiply on the face of the ground n daughter were born 2 dem, the sons of god saw dat the daughters of men were fair; n they took wives such of dem as they chose." Genesis6:1-2

"On wat were its bases sunk, or who laid its cornerstone, wen the morning stars sang 2geda, n all the sons of god shouted 4 joy?" Job38:6-7

"Yet the no of the pple of Israel shall b like the sand of the sea, wic can b neither measured nor numbered, n in the place where it ws said 2 dem, "u r nt my ppl." It shall b said 2 dem "sons of the living god." Hosea1:10

Apparantly it ws quite common practice b4 the time of jesus evn 4 hebrew writes on religious subjects 2 use the term "sons of god" in reference 2 dos who were beloved of god. An italian biblical authority, marcello craveri, who wrote 'The life of jesus', however, belives dat the term has in history undergone changes through mistranslation. He writes:
"Actually, the old testament does contain the phrase 'ebed yahweh', wic, hweva, means "the servant of god", "the slave of god", god's liege subject. The greek text of septuagint translates it equivocally as (pais theou), in as much as 'pais', like the latin 'puer', can mean either "little boy" or "slave", subsequently, it ws quite simple 2 replace 'pais' in the sense of "boy" wit (hyos), wiv means "son".

Indeed in hebrew literature evn the term "god" seems 2 v bn rather loosely used. In exodus we read of god addressing moses n tellin him about the relation wic would b btw him n aaron:
"He shall speak 4 u 2 the pple; n he shall b a mouth 4 u, n u shall b 2 him as god." Exodus4:16

Note again:
"i say, "u r gods, sons of the most high, all of u nevertheless, u shall die like n fall like any prince." Psalm82:6-7

All dos quotations r frm the old testament, let's now c watd new testament has 2 say. Luke reports jesus preaching:

"Bt love ur enemies n do good, lend expecting nothin in return; n ur reward will will b great, n u'll b sons of the most high; 4 he s kind 2 the ungrateful n the selfish." Luke6:35

In gospel according 2 matthew jesus s reported 2 say:

"Blessed r the peacemakers 4 they shall b called sons of god." Matthew 5:9

Paul in his letter 2 the romans writes:

"For all who r led by the spirit of god r sons of god." Romans8:14

The men who r said 2 v done dia utmost 2 scribe divinity 2 jesus christ r john n paul; n yet frm the above quotation paul definitely admits dat jesus ws nt the only son of god, bt "all who r led by the spirit of god r sons of god."

Let us c wat john has 2 say, he who coined the phrase, "the only son of god". In the course of an argument jesus had wit the jews who wantted 2 stone him, he asked of dem 4 wic of the good works dat he had shown dem were they stonin him?

The jews answered him, "We stone u 4 no gud works bt 4 blasphemy; because u being a man, make urself god." Jesus answered dem, is it nt written in ur law, i said, u r gods! If he called dem gods 2 whom the word of god came(and the scripture cannot b broken), do u say of him of whom the father consecrated n sent into the word, "u r blaspheming" cos i said "i am the son of god." John10:33-36

In oda words jesus ws pointing out 2 the jews persecutors dat the term son of god ws no more blasphemous dan the term "gods" wic had been used inrespect of odas previous 2 him. At least dat s wat the writer of john's gospel implies. Jesus's own personal preference ws 4 the term "son of man", in hebrew, arabic n swahilli: "ben adam", wic jst means "man". Dis s repeated no less dan 80 times in the new testament. Mostly spoken by jesus himself. Not once s he reported 2 categorically call himself the son of god in any special sense.

Finally let us consider christ's last words wen he ws about 2 ascend 2 heaven as related in the gospel of john:

"i am ascending 2 my father n ur father, 2 my god n ur god." John20:17

It s very clear 2 understand wat jesus meant by ds single sentence, dat his sonship ws no way different frm the sonship of all men.

The american writer, upton sinclair, says in his book, "a personal jesus": "and lest any1 think dat: in calling god his father he ws proclaimin himself the son, let it b made clear dat he called god ur father, too. He said it eighteen times in the new testament: "your heavenly father knoweth", and so on. He meant dat we were sons of god, n he was 1 of dem." Gbam!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Shocking thoughts By One Who Completely Read The Bible / Jesus Christ Perform Solat / Deeper Knowledge in Witch Craft revealed by Edo Witch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 189
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.