Stats: 3,151,405 members, 7,812,197 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:55 AM

World Igbo Congress Admitted Into UNECOSOC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World Igbo Congress Admitted Into UNECOSOC (9836 Views)

World Igbo Union Drums Support For Buhari’s Government / World Igbo Congress Is Facilitating Biafran Secession / World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

World Igbo Congress Admitted Into UNECOSOC by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 25, 2012
United Nations – The World Igbo Congress (WIC), a non-governmental organisation (NGO), has been admitted into the United Nations’ Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).

Dr. Acho Orabuchi, Media Director of WIC, announced this in a statement made available in New York on Tuesday.

The statement said WIC’s admission took place during a regular session of the world body in Geneva on Tuesday.

“The world body unanimously voted to ratify the admission of WIC into the ECOSOC of the UN on a Special Consultative Status,’’ it said.

Article 71 of the UN Charter opened the door, providing for suitable arrangements for consultation with NGOs.

To be eligible for consultative status, an NGO must have been in existence for at least two years and must have an established headquarters.

Being in existence means being officially registered with the appropriate government authorities as an NGO or non-profit body.

Also, for an NGO to gain this status, it must have, among others, a democratically-adopted constitution and authority to speak for its members.

It must also have a representative structure, appropriate mechanisms of accountability and democratic and transparent decision-making processes.

The basic resources of the organisation must be derived, in the main part, from contributions of the national affiliates or other components or from individual members.

“With the status, the body now has the opportunity to take advantage of the economic development programmes of several UN agencies that partner with NGOs under the ECOSOC arrangement,’ WIC said in the statement.

It added that WIC would utilise the resources of the UN organs that deal with social issues, which would help the group deal with Igbo social and economic issues.

The statement said the Committee on Non-Governmental Organisations (NGO) had in February recommended the admission of WIC.

It stated Dr. Anthony Ejiofor, the Executive Director of WIC, received calls on the admission of WIC from both Geneva and New York.

According to it, leaders of the Committee on NGO indicated in the calls that they had been monitoring WIC activities.

It added that the callers to Ejiofor assured WIC that they would help the organisation make the most use of its new status.

The statement also quoted the Chairman of WIC, Mazi Joe Eto, as describing the admission as “definitely a rare feat’’.(NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/07/world-igbo-congress-admitted-into-unecosoc/

Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted Into UNECOSOC by mrsheddy(m): 5:52pm On Jul 25, 2012
It sounds gooood, Igbo is now gainning support internationally. Thank God 4 that ooo!!!. Keep the fire burning my pple.

Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted Into UNECOSOC by executinal(m): 6:11pm On Jul 25, 2012
Gradually they will get there
Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted Into UNECOSOC by vanbonattel: 6:24pm On Jul 25, 2012
Una don come again, wuruwuru pipul
Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted Into UNECOSOC by kettykin: 6:36pm On Jul 25, 2012
van bonattel: Una don come again, wuruwuru pipul

would it not be better for you if this wuruwuru pipu go with their wuruwuru just my thinking

Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted Into UNECOSOC by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 25, 2012
Godbles umu igbo

Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted Into UNECOSOC by T9ksy(m): 9:45pm On Jul 25, 2012
kettykin:

would it not be better for you [b]if this wuruwuru pipu go with their wuruwuru [/b]just my thinking

Can't wait................Please, hurry up!!!
Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted Into UNECOSOC by ozoebuka1(m): 12:54am On Jul 26, 2012
More grease ladies and gentlemen.. slow and steady things... we are getting there!
Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted Into UNECOSOC by Caesar1988(m): 4:18am On Jul 26, 2012
They r better than any tribe in nigeria...not tribalist like us d yorubas...Everybody loves money,not only d igbos...And let me tell u 2 fools..if they seperate from nigeria,dis cursed country is gone because d niger deltans will go wit them,so think b4 u talk....fools
kettykin:

would it not be better for you if this wuruwuru pipu go with their wuruwuru just my thinking

Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted Into UNECOSOC by AustineE1: 4:39am On Jul 26, 2012
...'a journey of a thousand miles,starts with one step',whatever is neccessary to get us out of this deformed 'thalidomide' nation!

Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted Into UNECOSOC by dasparrow: 4:48am On Jul 26, 2012
Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted Into UNECOSOC by Nobody: 5:47am On Jul 26, 2012
No wonder "Made in Biafra" thoughts has filled my mind lately.

Emm, Ebuka what do you think? Do we design the labels as "Proudly Made In Biafra" or just "Made In Biafra"?

Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted Into UNECOSOC by Nobody: 6:10am On Jul 26, 2012
noblezone: No wonder "Made in Biafra" thoughts has filled my mind lately.

Emm, Ebuka what do you think? Do we design the labels as "Proudly Made In Biafra" or just "Made In Biafra"?

Abi MADE IN THE UNITED STATE OF BIAFRA(USB)

Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted Into UNECOSOC by Nobody: 6:12am On Jul 26, 2012
Austine.E:
...'a journey of a thousand miles,starts with one step',whatever is neccessary to get us out of this deformed 'thalidomide' nation!
Yes o, the sooner we can all get out, the better for our generations unborn. We owe it as a duty to make sure they don't find themselves in this quagmire called nigeria
Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted Into UNECOSOC by Nobody: 6:40am On Jul 26, 2012
van bonattel: Una don come again, wuruwuru pipul
lol grin grin grin
Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted Into UNECOSOC by saintneo(m): 7:31am On Jul 26, 2012
Biafra4tharmy: Abi MADE IN THE UNITED STATE OF BIAFRA(USB)
USB - lol! grin grin grin grin

Why not BIAFRALAND? Simple!

Support this name and you will get MEERKAT TOYS! GO COMPARE THE MEERKAT DOT COM! SIMPLE!
Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted Into UNECOSOC by 175(m): 7:56am On Jul 26, 2012
Am i an igbo guy? No. Am i happy? Yes. Why? It is because as a Niger Deltan, am ready to have d Ibo people in our new nation under God. Niger Delta n Ibo kwenu!!!

Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted Into UNECOSOC by Lisa1: 8:15am On Jul 26, 2012
Much appreciated
Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted Into UNECOSOC by Dainfamous: 9:59am On Jul 26, 2012
just a matter of time
Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted Into UNECOSOC by 9jaIhail(m): 11:24am On Jul 26, 2012
The land of rising sun we the children have long waited.Can't wait to throw away this danm dirty green white green passport.Each time i table it at any airport only the eyes of everyone around there embarrasses me so much.Love you motherland Biafra

Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted Into UNECOSOC by Nobody: 11:39am On Jul 26, 2012
9ja_I_hail: The land of rising sun we the children have long waited.Can't wait to throw away this danm dirty green white green passport.Each time i table it at any airport only the eyes of everyone around there embarrasses me so much.Love you motherland Biafra

My dear, sorry o.

I can't wait for us to build the nation we can all be proud of.
The "Japan" of Africa is coming!

Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted Into UNECOSOC by ifihearam: 2:08pm On Jul 26, 2012
Igbo kwenu!!!
And dis actually made the front page abi??
Mtcheeewww
Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted Into UNECOSOC by Afam4eva(m): 2:10pm On Jul 26, 2012
Great feat indeed.
Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted Into UNECOSOC by godswill4m(m): 2:11pm On Jul 26, 2012
ifihearam: Igbo kwenu!!!
And dis actually made the front page abi??
Mtcheeewww

is it not news? hatred go aoon lead u to take otapiapia
Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted Into UNECOSOC by godswill4m(m): 2:11pm On Jul 26, 2012
on point. we will get there
Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted Into UNECOSOC by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 26, 2012
Obi dim uto maka a bu m nwada igbo! Umu igbo gaa niru! Chineke no anyi n'azu!

Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted Into UNECOSOC by sheyguy: 2:13pm On Jul 26, 2012
Good for The Igbos
Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted Into UNECOSOC by Kx: 2:14pm On Jul 26, 2012
Sounds good.

Gradually, Biafrians have began the ground work.
A journey of a thousand mile they say, begins with a step.
Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted Into UNECOSOC by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jul 26, 2012
Congratulations!!

This is a good look, and far better than fighting another suicidal war.

However, have you guys sorted out the map of Igbo Country?

And can someone post the map?

Nigeria is too big and too tribalised for any serious development.. cool

Re: World Igbo Congress Admitted Into UNECOSOC by miteolu(m): 2:20pm On Jul 26, 2012
Waiting for [b]W[/b]orld [b]O[/b]dua [b]C[/b]ongress. I know these abokis will find their way soon

PDP Crisis: I Remain Authentic Chairman, Makarfi Is ‘counterfeit’ – Sheriff / Trader Moni Still On, To Reach 10 Million Traders - Federal Government / Wike Appeals To Supreme Court To Give Accelerated Hearing To VAT Case