Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,674 members, 7,955,480 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:05 AM

9jawikileaks's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 9jawikileaks's Profile / 9jawikileaks's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (of 4 pages)

Politics / Nigerian Agricultural Minister Lied, Thailands Rice Export For 2017 Highest Ever by 9jawikileaks(m): 7:51am On Mar 03, 2018
i woke up this morning to read a thread Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh
and i was deeply saddened, how can a Nigerian minister be lying about activities of another country to score a cheap political goal, if this were to be in the western countries, the Minister will surely resign because it would have been a big embarrassment to the government in which the minister is part of.
to cut the long story short, i decided to use my anger and do some research, brethren: the moment i searched Thailand's rice export of 2017, all i could see was data on how their rice export reached the highest margin ever since the country was established. One will now wonder, which Thailand our Nigerian Minister was talking about when he said that the seven rice mills of Thailand have broken down because of low Nigerian Patronage.
To show the massive failure of this Government, Benin republic has replaced Nigeria as the largest importer of Thailand's rice, do the mathematics, where a small country like Benin imports more rice than China and United states. 3 years ago, benin was never in the least, but Nigeria.
It clearly shows that, Nigerian rice importers now choose smuggling the rice through the Nigerian-Benin border than importing into Nigeria, thus Nigeria is still the largest importer of Rice from Thailand.

this makes sense, practically. As a citizen, i am still yet to eat nor see a friend or family member eat this local rice i have been hearing this government preach about. its still foreign rice all of us are eating.
my humble plea to the minister, Sir, please stop telling Nigerians LIES FROM THE PIT OF HELL.

http://english.vov.vn/trade/thailands-rice-exports-reach-record-high-in-2017-366594.vov
i Have attached pictures in this post as proof.

2 Likes

Nairaland / General / Open Letter To President Muhammadu Buhari by 9jawikileaks(m): 9:07pm On Sep 08, 2016
AN OPEN LETTER TO PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI

In view of the continuous absence of dully elected Representatives of Rivers State at the National Assembly, I write to express my dismay and dissatisfaction over the unfortunate scenario.
May, I state here categorically, without mincing words, that the said lack of representation, close to a year now, has its peculiar and undeniable consequences on Rivers People.

At this juncture, it is pertinent to mention that this unfortunate but avoidable episode has denied Rivers People, adequate moral and general representation in the National Assembly.

Benefits accruable to Rivers State, if there was due representation, such as Constituency Projects, Heading of Senate Adhoc Commitees, and Practical Vocal Presentation of issues affecting the good people of the State on the floor of the Senate and the House of Representatives, has been aborted for such a long period of time without any genuine attempted remedy.

It is in view of the above that I write to you as a concerned Citizen of the Nigerian State, an indigene and Student Leader in Rivers State, as well as a victim of such undemocratic Legislative Embargo, to directly draw your attention, and to beseech you to use your good office to appropriately address the above stated issues.

We the indigenes of the state are truly fed up with the political tussle in the state, that has direct implication resulting in the under representation of the state in the National Assembly and thus, have called on your office to directly intervene in this matter. At this point, the matter of political party should be kept aside. All we want is a good representation in the National Assembly, and that representation can come from any political party, for such is the beauty embedded in Democracy which the Nigerian state practices.

May, I also express my dissatisfaction towards the way and manner the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has conducted itself in relation to this particular issue and their inability to promptly address this prolonged indirect disenfranchisement, despite its overbearing defects.

As the said Electoral Umpire has failed woefully, to conduct a free credible election to fill in the vacant National Assembly positions for the State, since after the Tribunal, and Court of Appeal annulled an earlier conducted election more than a year ago.

Furthermore, it is unspeakable, and highly undemocratic, that decisions/policies about the aggregate good of a Nation (Nigeria) is done for such a distant time, without an input from a prominent and unarguably key territory in the Nigerian Federation and this is highly unacceptable to me, as a youth leader of Today.

I make bold to say that, Rivers State is a core part and progressive stakeholder in the Nigerian project, which has over the years contributed immensely, its quota for the collective unification and economic sustainability of the country, as such, cannot be denied the right for equitable representation in the Federation.

I wish to further state here Sir, that no clear reason has been adduced for such day light Political marginalization. As the security breach the Independent National Electoral commission (INEC) claims to be the reason for the further postponement is a far cry from the reality on ground. In as much as there is no place on earth without violence, it is unfair to use the few cases of violence as a phrase to describe the general assumption of a state.

May I therefore once again, plead with Mr. President, to launch into action by immediately mandating the Independent National Electoral Commission, alias INEC to conclude all pending elections in the state as they have scheduled by October 2016, to enable Rivers people have their law makers in the Apex Law making body in the country.

It is true that we the youths are the future leaders of tomorrow, or as I rather say, the youths are the future leaders of today, thus should be given a say when we express our views on National Issues that affects our lives.

Let me thank you once again for the times you have given the youths a voice in your administration and hopefully wish you treat this letter with priority.

I am confident of your ability Sir, to address the above outlined issues, to entrench peace, equality and tranquility in Rivers State, and Nigeria at large.

Yours Faithfully
DAMINABO ALALI DANIEL
(Concerned Youth Leader, Social Commentator and Civil Activist)
Politics / Re: #BuhariOneYearLater: How Far Has Buhari Secured Nigeria? by 9jawikileaks(m): 2:28pm On May 25, 2016
Nairaland / General / Blogger Shares His Encounter With DSS At Airport by 9jawikileaks(m): 9:10am On Apr 20, 2016
Encounter with DSS @ MM Intl Airport

It was Friday, 15th day of April 2016. I arrived at the airport for a scheduled flight back to the U.S., I checked in my luggage and went through immigration to the boarding area. Immediately as I walked away from the immigration scanning area two plain clothed men walked to me; they brought out a photograph of me printed, I guessed, printed from my blog. They asked, "are you Madukar Orji? I said yes. They identified themselves as State Security officers. I expected this on my arrival, not on departure. They brought out about three articles written by me from my blog. One of then, with chaotic intimidating voice said, “it is Nigerians like you
abroad that write rubbish about the country. Calmly I replied, “I don’t know what many write, but I do not write rubbish, I write nothing but truth. I went further to exemplified my points in relation to the articles they had. They stood still for seconds without response. At this point they asked for my passport and boarding pass. They said to me, “it seems your journey has come to an end here.” I said nothing, but gently smiled. In an unintended chorus both men said, “so you are an American citizen? Where is your Nigerian passport?” I said I am an American that I don’t have Nigerian
passport. One of them left with the passport. After about 30 minutes he came back and handed me my passport without a word, and I collected it back from him without a word too. He then said, "you can go." To cool off the harrassment I found myself in MM Heineken Bar.

Throughout the encounter neither was I shaken nor surprised. I had a mindset it might come, hence I traveled on a Nigerian visa - it was my Amazing Grace. My experience is portrayal of how low the political corrupt cabal in Nigeria can descent to intimidate free citizens, deprived them free speech. If a little guy like me could be trailed online what about the big guys that live by the pen.

There is still more gist to write about my trip.

Politics / Re: Photos: Aisha Buhari Visits Maiduguri by 9jawikileaks(m): 8:07pm On Apr 15, 2016
Waka waka President and waka waka wife

2 Likes 2 Shares

Politics / Re: Photos: Aisha Buhari Visits Maiduguri by 9jawikileaks(m): 8:06pm On Apr 15, 2016
Education / Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by 9jawikileaks(m): 4:57pm On Apr 11, 2016
Politics / Checkout Rivers State Governor's Pension Bill Reviewed By Amaechi by 9jawikileaks(m): 8:56am On Apr 07, 2016
Due to the public outcry on Bukola Saraki pensions bill before leaving office, I decided to bring to the public Saint Amaechi's pension bill brain child which he claimed will encourage him not to steal from Rivers People while in office.

May 31, Gov. Rotimi Amaechi signed a bill which would basically ensure that he continues to enjoy the perks of the governor’s office after leaving the office. The bill, which is titled The Rivers State Governor and Deputy Governor Pensions and Fringe Benefits Bill 2012, is the brainchild of the executive and was forwarded from the Governor’s Office to the House of Assembly for a speedy passage.

Despite protestations from pressure groups in the state, the Rivers State House of Assembly went ahead to pass the bill on the 22nd of May by an overwhelming majority. And the sweetened deal was finalised yesterday with Governor Amaechi’s assent.

Consequently, Amaechi and his deputy, Tele Ikuru are entitled upon exit from office to benefits worthy of Wall Street executives, including:

100 per cent of their basic salaries
Two choice houses in any area of their choice in Rivers State and Abuja.
Three cars, replaceable every three years.
300 per cent funding for any furniture of their choice.
20 per cent funding for utility, 10 per cent funding for entertainment and 10 per cent of same for houses of their choice.
Free medical expenses for him and his immediate family.
Security details that will include two officials of the State Security Service (SSS), one female officer of the same department and eight police officers for personal and domestic security.
Domestic staff including a cook, steward, gardener, and others. All the domestic staff, including drivers shall be pensionable.
Politics / Sahara Reporters Lied On Assassination Attempt On Dakuku by 9jawikileaks(m): 12:16am On Mar 21, 2016
As earlier reported by Sahara Reporters that there was an assassination attempt on Dakuku Peterside yesterday in Rivers State the truth has finally been revealed as it was the Chief of Staff to Rivers State Government that was actually the victim in the assassination attempt. The picture shows Chief Emeka Woke escaping to his car and his brother seriously injured. No where is there any evidence from Dakuku's camp. apart Reporters because of money should not heat up the scene in Rivers State and cause a scenario where people will die because of their greedy list for money.

1 Like

Nairaland / General / Amaechi, Dakuku, Ibim Semenitari Releases Ward 10 Collation Officer Arrested by 9jawikileaks(m): 1:57pm On Mar 20, 2016
RIVERS RERUN:
BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!

AMAECHI AND SOLDIERS BACKED BY THE PRESIDENCY TRYING TO FORCRFULLY CHANGE ELECTION RESULT ON FINDING OUT THEY HAVE LOST THE ELECTION IN RIVERS STATE.

Abducted Ward 10 Collation Officer for the Port Harcourt Rerun Election found in Mile 1 Police Station

Mrs Ekwi Adebisa, the Ward 10 Collation Officer abducted last night by Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi and about 100 soldiers have been found at Mile 1 Police Station in Port Harcourt.

Her abduction led to the suspension of collation of results in the Constituency.

She was first taken to Novotel Hotel where Amaechi and Dakuku Peterside were lodged and results doctored.

In the morning of Sunday 20th March, 2016 she was held in custody by Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, Dakuku Peterside and Acting Managing Director of NDDC, Ibim Semenitari, placed her at the mile 1 police station .

PDP leaders including Governor Wike got wind of the fact that she had been held at the Mile 1 Police Station, visited the station for explanation.

Immediately Governor Wike and PDP leaders arrived the station, more than 400 soldiers stormed the station alongside Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi and the NIMASSA Director General, Dakuku Peterside arrived the station to take Mrs Ekwi Adebisa away.

Amaechi, Dakuku Peterside and Ibim Semenitari and the AIG left with the Ward Collation Officer, Ekwi Adebisa. The soldiers threatened to shoot the Governor and other Rivers men and women who went there on hearing the information.

Politics / Re: President Buhari's Address At The European Parliament (Video) by 9jawikileaks(m): 4:28pm On Feb 03, 2016
Celebrities / Re: Dasukigate: Alibaba & Gbenga Adeyinka Joke In Front Of Buhari (Video) by 9jawikileaks(m): 12:55pm On Feb 03, 2016
Religion / Re: Mbaka, Catholic And Politics: Nigerian Tweets Interesting Facts by 9jawikileaks(m): 8:15am On Feb 01, 2016
Politics / Re: Ambode Replaces 58-year Old Transformer In Palmgroove - Photos by 9jawikileaks(m): 10:58pm On Jan 31, 2016
Politics / Re: DASUKI GATE: Speak Up, Nigerians Tell Jonathan by 9jawikileaks(m): 10:20pm On Jan 17, 2016
as sensitive as this case is every true Nigerian deserves an explanation from GEJ on Dasuki gate.
NB: we know that #dasukigate was used to fund the last elections by pdp.
The question? Who funded the presidential election of APC and how did they get the billions used?
A fight against corruption should not be monopolised. It should be diversified to every aspect of the system.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Education / Re: Full List Of Best Universities In Nigeria By NUC by 9jawikileaks(m): 3:59pm On Jan 17, 2016
Properties / Re: Checkout The Tallest Building In Nigeria{pictures And Record Details} by 9jawikileaks(m): 7:52pm On Jan 16, 2016

1 Like

Politics / Activist Tweets About President Buhari Meal Change by 9jawikileaks(m): 9:25pm On Dec 27, 2015
truly hipocritical. This tweet by popular opposition activist on twitter Comr Daminabo Daniel shows the president eating with N40 sachete milo before he became president and what he has budgeted for food in the 2016 budget. (N1.7b )

Politics / Re: Twitter Reactions to Buhari Budgeting N1.7 Billion For Feeding by 9jawikileaks(m): 9:13pm On Dec 27, 2015
Before PMB became president he was drinking tea with N40 milo. Now he is president he is budgeting N1.7b for food. #CHANGE

Politics / Age Of Candidacy In Nigeria: Must Read For Nigerian Youths - DAD Foundation by 9jawikileaks(m): 9:34am On Sep 22, 2015
Age of Candidacy is the minimim age at which a person can legally be qualified to hold certain elected government offices. In Nigeria, a person must be at least 40 years of age to be elected President or Vice president, 35 years to be a senator and 30 years to be a Representative in Parliament.
How old is old enough?
The Constitution in Nigeria is legally defrauding the over 55 million youths in Nigeria from Partaking in Federal and State elections. Same constitution that prays the right to vote and be voted for will not allow an 18 year old the right to become a member of the Federal House of Reps but he can vote for an older Representative. Whereas the Constitution of our sister Nation South Africa, Section 47, Clause 1 states that "every citizen who is qualified to vote for the National Assembly is eligible to be a member of the assembly".
It is worthy to note that in developed countries like France, UK, Australia, Denmark, Netherlands etc the Age of Candidacy allows an 18 year old to contest in ALL electable offices while that of Germany, Italy, US, etc allows an 18 year old serve in Representative Government. So why is the Age of Candidacy so high in Nigeria?
Same Nigeria where the likes of Anthony Enahoro at 27 pushed for the Independence of Nigeria, M.T Mbu became a minister of foreign affairs at 23, Pat Utomi a presidential advicer at 27, Yakubu Gowon who became President at 32 now cannot afford to Produce such youthful leaders.
what is the way forward when the youth leader of the rulling party is 53 years and the strongest Opposition had a youth leader of 60 years in recent memory.
The truth is that youths have lots to offer and the decision of their appointment to positions of Political authority or Governance of Organizations should be in the hands of the Electorate. Every youth in Nigeria should awaken to the Self Conciousness of Leadership and Push for the Reduction for Age of Candidacy. It is Possible only when we act on it Because In the early 2000's the British Youth Council successfully campaigned to lower age of Candidacy in UK. The age of Candidacy ws reduced from 21 to 18 in England, Wales and 16 in Scotland.
Nigerian youths must find out
why this age bracket only cares about Fashion, using Smartphones, Social Media but do nothing about Leadership
why this age bracket can vote for but cannot be voted for
why this age bracket is not qualified to be leaders of youth wing of Political parties
and why this age bracket is today incapacitated, Unwilling, Unable, and incapable of asking questions.
CONCLUSION
in accordance to best global practice we therefore see a need for the National Assembly to amend the constitution hereby reducing the age of candidacy so as to encourage more youths to be involved in decision making and election process
We also call for the Resolution passed at the National conference August 2014 to allow a 30% affirmative action to involve the youths in decision making positions.
The promotion of an enabling environment (legal frameworks, policies and plans) for young people’s participation in a broad range of processes and areas (electoral and parliamentary processes, public administration and local governance, including in peacebuilding environments) at local, sub-national and national levels
We call on every Nigerian youth to join the active campaign as we take up this course to the National Assembly, APC and PDP party Headquarters and a Nationwide street to street campaignon the need for the age of candidacy in Nigeria to be reduced.
Politics / Re: Saraki In His Own Stew - Vanguard by 9jawikileaks(m): 9:31am On Sep 22, 2015
fighting corruption is a good thing,this alone is the reason why defending Saraki is not what every true Nigerian should do. but we must note that the issue of Saraki is witch hunt. if he did not become Senate President who would have taken him to court. if PMB is serious about fighting corruption he should take up the case against his DG Campaign ex Gov Rotimi Amaechi who has several corrupt charges with proof hanging on his neck. recently CNN Anchor Christine Amanpour accused Amaechi of depositing over 700 million USD in two foreign accounts in USA and PMB has done nothing about it.
Science/Technology / Re: Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium by 9jawikileaks(m): 6:59pm On Sep 17, 2015
Front page things.
The Government should do more to invest in Science and Technology in higher institutions. in the west we keep on hearing how students of University researches on a topic with millions of dollars while in our University we use ASSUMED READINGS in our practicals we do not even do.

4 Likes

Politics / Age Of Candidacy In Nigeria: Must Read For Youths by 9jawikileaks(m): 12:23pm On Sep 06, 2015
Age of Candidacy is the minimim age at which a person can legally be qualified to hold certain elected government offices. In Nigeria, a person must be at least 40 years of age to be elected President or Vice president, 35 years to be a senator and 30 years to be a Representative in Parliament.
How old is old enough?
The Constitution in Nigeria is legally defrauding the over 55 million youths in Nigeria from Partaking in Federal and State elections. Same constitution that prays the right to vote and be voted for will not allow an 18 year old the right to become a member of the Federal House of Reps but he can vote for an older Representative. Whereas the Constitution of our sister Nation South Africa, Section 47, Clause 1 states that "every citizen who is qualified to vote for the National Assembly is eligible to be a member of the assembly".
It is worthy to note that in developed countries like France, UK, Australia, Denmark, Netherlands etc the Age of Candidacy allows an 18 year old to contest in ALL electable offices while that of Germany, Italy, US, etc allows an 18 year old serve in Representative Government. So why is the Age of Candidacy so high in Nigeria?
Same Nigeria where the likes of Anthony Enahoro at 27 pushed for the Independence of Nigeria, M.T Mbu became a minister of foreign affairs at 23, Pat Utomi a presidential advicer at 27, Yakubu Gowon who became President at 32 now cannot afford to Produce such youthful leaders.
what is the way forward when the youth leader of the rulling party is 53 years and the strongest Opposition had a youth leader of 60 years in recent memory.
The truth is that youths have lots to offer and the decision of their appointment to positions of Political authority or Governance of Organizations should be in the hands of the Electorate. Every youth in Nigeria should awaken to the Self Conciousness of Leadership and Push for the Reduction for Age of Candidacy. It is Possible only when we act on it Because In the early 2000's the British Youth Council successfully campaigned to lower age of Candidacy in UK. The age of Candidacy ws reduced from 21 to 18 in England, Wales and 16 in Scotland.
Nigerian youths must find out
why this age bracket only cares about Fashion, using Smartphones, Social Media but do nothing about Leadership
why this age bracket can vote for but cannot be voted for
why this age bracket is not qualified to be leaders of youth wing of Political parties
and why this age bracket is today incapacitated, Unwilling, Unable, and incapable of asking questions.
Thanks
Daminabo Alali Daniel
Youth Advocate, Motivational Speaker and Founder of D.A.D Foundation which encourages youths towards being the future Leaders of Today, become an active Card carrying member of any Political Party and gives out Educational Scholarships.
Contact 07012615045 (whatsapp only)

1 Like

Politics / Re: My Parents Volunteered Me, Says 14-year-old Kano Suicide Bomber by 9jawikileaks(m): 8:33pm On Dec 24, 2014
There is something fishy about this story tho. If true: then the parents should roast in hell.. But this sounds like a cover Up story, incase the bomb fails to detonate..

3 Likes

Religion / Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates 51st Birthday On A Ship [photos] by 9jawikileaks(m): 1:58pm On Dec 09, 2014
sexymoma:
Jesus never lived a flamboyant life angry
You don't read your bible well.. Jesus rode with a Pony into jerusalem: when others were using donkey.. Red carpet was spread for the pony of jesus to match on.. Yes Jesus was humble: but trust me: jesus lived RICH..
Politics / Re: Bomb Blast In Yola Kills 40, Including Five Soldiers by 9jawikileaks(m): 9:05pm On Nov 27, 2014
RIP to the dead..
Nigeria our dear country was never like this, now bomb blasts everyday. God will deliver us ijn. Hit 'LIKE' if you know that Nigeria will be better one day without Boko Haram

8 Likes 1 Share

Nairaland / General / Complaint: MTN Nigeria Shortchanged And Stole From Me. by 9jawikileaks(m): 9:36pm On Nov 06, 2014
My Humble self is Daminabo Daniel, mtn decided to steal from Nigerians and they stole from me and will not go free this time. My Story:
I use mtn Zone: for some time I noticed that they overcharged me on calls I make, not until today Thurday 6th of November did I notice the act of theft clearly. I wanted to make a long call but decided to wait till the zone rate is low, sometime in the afternoon I saw it was down to 8k per second so I decided to make the call. Unfortunately the call lasted only 15 seconds and 3Naira was deducted from my account. Doing the maths I discovered that they billed me 20k per second (instead of the 8k that they sent before my call went through). I immediately called customer care knowing that this was wrong. I told their representative that if they didn't give me a reasonable explanation on why they overCharged me I will take two actions. 1: send a complaint to MTN Nigeria through Nairaland and when this hapens: my case will be nationwide. 2: I will take the matter to court.
The gentle speaking woman was able to explain that the zone had discounts that is not fixed, besides that there is a code to enjoy this zone but I didn't activate the code. (I cut her here) and told her that mtn advertizes a product without telling you about any code. I didn't see any code. That millions of Nigerians get robbed through this. (She cuts in) and says most people just subscribe to the zone without calling them (mtn) to verify if there is any code. (I cut in) I explain to this woman! That as far as before I made the call, I was told that my call will cost 8k per second: after the call mtn charged 20k per second witout informing me, then that's theft. If they don't want me to benefit from the zone because I didn't text the HIDDEN code, then they shouldn't have given me the benefit of the zone (I.e they shouldn't tell me my call I'll be charged at 8k per second (benefit) they should just charge me at normal rate till I subscribe for the zone benefit.
She later apologised and hung up.
So I'l have to take the right actions to fight for my right.
For the fact that MTN told me I will be charged at 8k per second and charged me 20k per second witout informing me in anyway, that is super theft.
Randomly: in a day I spend at least 100N credit that amounts to over 36,000 annually. Instead of charging 8k, if they charge 20k this will amount to about 20,000 worth of theft in a year. MTN boasts of over 50mil subscribers of which about over 5mil belongs to the Zone. So if they steal 20, 000 from over 5million NIGERIANS in a year: do the maths.
I have posted this here as I told their online customer representative and I demand a letter of apology from MTN and due Compensation for stealing from me.
In exactly 24 hours if there is no response from MTN nigeria, Court action will be taken as my lawyer (Ogolo L, Arthur and associates) has already prepared my case.
If a Company steals globally they should remember that the world is now a global village. I can raise a topic anywhere and it goes everywhere.
As a concerned CITIZEN of the Federal Citizen Of Nigeria: I pray the right autorities will step in and help: think of the millions of Nigerians MTN robs everyday.
God Bless Nigeria..
Cc: MTN Nigeria
:Nigeria Communication Commission
:Sen. Gilbert Nnaji
The Chairman, Senate committee on Comunication
: Honourable Ibrahim Shehu-Gusau - The Chairman, House of Representatives’ Committee on Information and Communication Technology (ICT)

Daminabo Daniel.
Contact.
(080319792**) krisdanipr@gmail.com

1 Like

Sports / Re: Funds Approved For Nigeria’s Contingent To Ethiopia by 9jawikileaks(m): 10:04am On Oct 05, 2013
He approved funds: una dey hate, if he did not approve d fund 9ja go loose, we no go world cup, una go stil hate... Can yu ever please 9gerians? Abeg ride on GEJ #upNaija. #freshAirtil2019

3 Likes

Politics / Re: Obama Congratulates Jonathan, Nigerians On 53rd Independence Anniversary by 9jawikileaks(m): 10:04am On Oct 01, 2013
Obama: will your independence day congratz change the price of garri, or stop the evil killings by boko haram? If yes: thank u very much, If no: StF up and stop playing politics wt Nigeria.
Celebrities / Kanayo O Kanayo Gets Political Appointment by 9jawikileaks(m): 4:18pm On Aug 27, 2013
Kanayo O Kanayo gets political appointment
Nollywood actor Kanayo O. Kanayo has been appointed the chairman of the National Institute for Hospitality and Tourism Studies.

Veteran Nollywood actor, Kanayo O. Kanayo, has been appointed the chairman of the National Institute for Hospitality and Tourism Studies, NIHTS.

The thespian was amongst those who made the list of newly appointed chairmen and members of the governing boards of 42 Federal Government agencies and parastatals.

The appointments were announced yesterday in a statement signed by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Anyim Pius Anyim.

Acknowledging the appointment, the actor took to his twitter account to tweet, ‘Thank you Lord for this responsibility! Like Solomon, I plead for your wisdom.’

With this appointment, KOK, 51, whose real name is Anayo Modestus Onyekwere joins actors like RMD, Bob Manuel Udokwu, Hilda Dokubo and Nkiru Sylvanus who have at one time or the other taken up political appointments.
http://hypearena.com/2013/08/kanayo-o-kanayo-gets-political-appointment/

1 Like

Celebrities / Son Of A Legend – Femi Kuti by 9jawikileaks(m): 8:41pm On Aug 23, 2013
Son Of A Legend – femi kuti

The popularity of Afrobeats continues to soar. There have been attempts to represent it as a new genre, however, Afrobeats has a rich history that dates back decades. Nigerian music legend Fela Anikulapo Kuti is largely credited as the pioneer of Afrobeats.

A gem in his time, Fela became that iconoclastic African figure, around whose weight the African music movement properly took off. Very few of Africa’s legendary musicians, even with all their goodwill, are able to match Fela’s standing.

Everywhere he went; he was worshipped, as much for his activism as for his music. Throughout his active years, Fela made a conscious effort to nurture others, and those he inspired have become a key part of his legacy.

His son Femi, who joined his band at one point, is his most famous student. Femi became his father’s alter ego for years until he started branching out on his own, moving away to start the Positive Force band in the 80s. It was just around the time after he had been invited to play at the New Morning Club in Paris, as well as at the Moers Festival in Germany.
http://hitplayonline.net/2013/08/son-legend-femi-kuti/
Positive Force grew quickly, and was on the bill at many 90s events. Together with Dele Sosimi, a former keyboardist of his father’s band, they made a name for themselves, establishing a strong unit that would later be appreciated generally.

Femi gradually walked out of his father’s shadows, and was no more seen as daddy’s little boy, a syndrome many a son of legends suffer from.

He released his first international album Shoki Shoki in 1998, and got involved in other productions either as a stand-alone or on collaborations. His 2011 album Fight to Win, which featured the likes of Mos Def and Jaguar Wright, was a huge success; same as the 2002 remake of his father’s all-time classic Water No Get Enemy.

A three-time Grammy Award nominee (2003, 2010, and 2012), with several albums to his credit, Femi has successfully managed to carve his own legendary status. The general theme that runs through Femi’s music is not too different from that of his late father; it is the everyday Nigerian story of bad governance, corruption, stalled infrastructural works and those never-ending recurring social economic blues.

Outside the studio, he’s become the voice many would pay attention to on social issues.

Notwithstanding the many challenges that have bedevilled the system down here, and which he addresses with a fair level of passion, he’s had a relatively stable career.

In 2004, as a way of preserving his father’s heritage, Femi began work to rebuild the very famous Fela Shrine. It was at the same time that he recorded his live project Live at the Shrine.

An assembly ground for everything Fela, the Shrine has over the years played host to some of the biggest music stars in the world from Damon Albarn, and Hugh Masekela to Erykah Badu. Every year, the facility hosts the Felebration concert, as a way of remembering the good works of Fela, and also to discover new talents and promote African music.

An inspiration to Nigeria’s upcoming musicians, Femi is finding ways of passing on some of the knowledge he acquired from his father, to generations after him.

His son looks set to step into his shoes, as he has taken up the playing of the alto Saxophone to continue in the Kuti music kingdom tradition.

Femi is also working with some new talents; recently he collaborated with young act Wizkid on the latter’s Jaiye Jaiye single.

Femi Kuti’s new album No Place for my Dream, released in June under Knitting Factory Records, is in stores worldwide.
http://hitplayonline.net/2013/08/son-legend-femi-kuti/
TV/Movies / Re: Melvin Invites Beverly Osu To Share His Bed by 9jawikileaks(m): 3:22pm On Aug 19, 2013
make she do cum back 9ja niiii, my bed is far more bigger dan melvin"s bed...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (of 4 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.